PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open 2013 - Last Minute PreTournament Calls

Start da Game
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM
dissect the players chances and establish your own theories of who's going to do what and who's really going to lift the daphne akhurst trophy at the australian open 2013 grandslam tournament......

edit: other = sharapova

madmax
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Masha Pova for the win
Don't care about the other peasants:yawn:

Elwin.
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Radwanska and Kvitova as poll options, and Sharapova not as a poll option.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tmiAbsxhvhU/UKUZfvK_GaI/AAAAAAAAA60/7K90Nux_qSo/s1600/gif-christina-aguilera-gurl-bye.gif
[/flopthread]

Start da Game
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:43 PM
i could have included sharapova, ivanovic, li na, stosur, errani too but tried to keep the poll short.....

Elwin.
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:45 PM
i could have included sharapova, ivanovic, li na, stosur, errani too but tried to keep the poll short.....

I understand you want to keep it short, but why choose Radwanska/Kvitova over Sharapova. I can't :hysteric:

Start da Game
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I understand you want to keep it short, but why choose Radwanska/Kvitova over Sharapova. I can't :hysteric:

i thought this time they have a better chance than sharapova......don't worry we will add her name in the FO poll.....if it's still a problem, we will contact a mod and add her name to this poll as well......

Elwin.
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM
i thought this time they have a better chance than sharapova......don't worry we will add her name in the FO poll.....if it's still a problem, we will contact a mod and add her name to this poll as well......

Do whatever you want, i just find it funny that you didn't include her :lol:
And it's not a problem :tears:

Miss Amor
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Azarenka is the favourite, followed by Sharapova.

Hopefully Serena stays fit and injury free.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using VerticalSports.Com App

Stonerpova
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:58 PM
-Serena's been the one to beat (losing, what, 1 match since the French Open?). Plus it's an odd year.
-Azarenka and Sharapova both have a shot to go all the way, but I don't see either of them beating Serena if they meet.
-If Kvitova has a productive off-season I could see her surprising everyone.

Other than those four I don't see any serious title contenders. Radwanska or Kerber could make a run to the semis with the right draw, but if they go further they'll need serious help from the draw. I'm also expecting Stosur to do significantly better in Australia this year (AKA she'll win at least one match).

Alejandrawrrr
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:01 PM

Really? Well I guess this means Serena has nothing to lose :oh:

Start da Game
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:15 PM
as far as i am concerned, serena wins this title without losing a set......i am not even looking at other poll options......

Stonerpova
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:29 PM
as far as i am concerned, serena wins this title without losing a set......i am not even looking at other poll options......

If it's that much of a foregone conclusion then why did you open the thread? :lol:

Miss Amor
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Really? Well I guess this means Serena has nothing to lose :oh:

You know how it is :oh:

They are both ranked ahead of her. Serena will have nothing to lose if they do play each other (which as some fanbases have pointed out is not posaibke as there will always be a makarova waiting ti take serena out.)

Chrissie-fan
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:49 PM
If it's that much of a foregone conclusion then why did you open the thread? :lol:
Because he hopes to cause a fuss by leaving out Sharapova and including Radwanska instead. :lol:

doomsday
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:51 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tmiAbsxhvhU/UKUZfvK_GaI/AAAAAAAAA60/7K90Nux_qSo/s1600/gif-christina-aguilera-gurl-bye.gif
[/flopthread]

THIS.

Shuji Shuriken
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Gorl don't you usually have to see a match or two before you start to mess http://i50.tinypic.com/xnb4mc.jpg?

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I like everyone on that list's chances!

sweetadri06
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:57 PM
If we just look at the past year: Serena, Victoria and Sharapova have to be the favorites. With Na Li, Kvitova and Radwanska as outside chances. Of course there could be a spoiler but we don't know who that is yet.

Start da Game
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:57 PM
i never thought poll options would be such an issue......sharapova takes a minimum of two years to win one slam......it took four and a half years from her third slam to fourth slam......do you expect her to win another slam in less than a year? by not including her in the poll, i am only reducing the burden of expectations for her......

doomsday
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM
i never thought poll options would be such an issue......sharapova takes a minimum of two years to win one slam......it took four and a half years from her third slam to fourth slam......do you expect her to win another slam in less than a year? by not including her in the poll, i am only reducing the burden of expectations for her......

Yeah, right. Now go make a thread about Nadal's chances in Australian open 2013, will you.

GOATdin0931
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Rad defeats Woz 6-0 0-6 101-99 :bounce:

MrProdigy555
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:16 PM
yas

Start da Game
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:21 PM

too much drama for a round of 16 encounter.....

Start da Game
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:22 PM
15 votes so far and not a single vote for the defending champion......

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Including Radwanska and not Sharapova http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_m7ybniDI3A1qgqava.gif

Mistress of Evil
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:25 PM

Keep preachin' the ihavenothingtolose' mantra, sistah.

http://i.imgur.com/PRGtq.gif

GOATdin0931
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:32 PM
too much drama for a round of 16 encounter.....

:yeah: :happy:

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:36 PM

:yeah: :hi5:

Start da Game
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:45 PM
no votes for azarenka yet.... :happy:

producer88
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:52 PM
This is the most NID GS EVER!! Serena is winning this so easily (if she's healthy and focus).

Odd year, plus her wanting to make up her lost to Makarova, and gain the #1 ranking. Sharapova and Vika are probably praying for an out of shape and not focus Serena.

The way I see it, there's only one wild card, and that's Kvitova. If she comes looking like GOAT, Serena might have a challenge. If by some miracle to the other girls Serena loses, Azarenka is taking it again.

Tezuka.
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Serena has nothing to lose imo.

Aryman3
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Prepare yourself for Aga 2013. Top 3 player and GS winner

dsanders06
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Not gonna lie, I did laugh when I saw the poll options. I didn't know the OP had enough intelligence to make this kind of subtle dig, even one as basic as this. :lol:

Anyway, in all seriousness, I'm genuinely really excited for this. You can make an argument that the AO is the best Slam for every one of the Big 3. If the WTA girls can't finally give us a classic Grand Slam this time then they never will. :o

SAEKeithSerena
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Serena has lost 1 match since The French Open, continues to play exhibitions in the off-season, it is an odd year next year, and it is hers to lose.

Serena wins Grand Slam number 16 and three slams in a row. Bookmark it.:wavey::kiss:

Cindy and Kate
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Williams or Azarenka if they keep their form of the last months, if not, probably Sharapova. Kvitova, right now is totally unpredictable. If she gets fit in the off season she could be again a real contender, more I think than Sharapova, but if she is still in her post USO awful mode she could lose almost to anyone out there.
I don´t see Na li winning, I would put Petrova before her.
No way Radwanska is ever going to win a GS. As much as I love to watch her play, she is always going to be over powered not only by the Williams, Azarenka and Sharapova, but by Na Li, in form Petrova or in form Kvitova. The Wimblendon draw is only going to happen once in a lifetime.

Nicolás89
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:05 PM
-Serena's been the one to beat (losing, what, 1 match since the French Open?). Plus it's an odd year.
-Azarenka and Sharapova both have a shot to go all the way, but I don't see either of them beating Serena if they meet.
-If Kvitova has a productive off-season I could see her surprising everyone.

Other than those four I don't see any serious title contenders. Radwanska or Kerber could make a run to the semis with the right draw, but if they go further they'll need serious help from the draw. I'm also expecting Stosur to do significantly better in Australia this year (AKA she'll win at least one match).

No.

Gentleman
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:33 PM
no votes for azarenka yet.... :happy:

That means she still has to convince everyone (and herself) that she can really be great. I wouldn't be surprised if she reaches final, but also not surprised if she failes in round of 16 for example. I still think her 2013 season will depend on her first two or three meetings with top contenders Serena/Maria. If she wins them, she'll be rising even more, but if she looses all that matches, she might start having problems more and more.

Gentleman
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:42 PM
My early opinion on top 10 favourites at AO 2013:

1. S Williams
2. M Sharapova
3. V Azarenka
4. N Li
5. P Kvitova
6. V Williams
7. A Radwanska
8. A Ivanovic
9. C Wozniacki
10. N Petrova

11-15: A Kerber, S Stosur, Y Shvedova, M Bartoli, S Kuznetsova

Kooyong
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:42 PM
At this stage I think there are three clear favorites Serena - Vika - Maria - Peta followed by a number of players that with the right draw could come though.

stromatolite
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Another idiotic poll with a whole bunch of genuine contenders left out.:rolleyes:

Mods, what about a 3-strikes policy for stupid polls? Repeat offenders who start polls driven more by their personal biases than by any real desire to guage the opinion of TF members should have their poll-starting rights suspended.

andyjason
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM
My early opinion on top 10 favourites at AO 2013:

1. S Williams
2. M Sharapova
3. V Azarenka
4. N Li
5. P Kvitova
6. V Williams
7. A Radwanska
8. A Ivanovic
9. C Wozniacki
10. N Petrova

11-15: A Kerber, S Stosur, Y Shvedova, M Bartoli, S Kuznetsova

you don't think Kerber, Stosur, Bartoli has better chance than Aga, Caro, Ivanovic??

Andy.
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:13 AM

LOL like you really believe that :lol:.....your as bad as Serena when she constantly says she has nothing to lose playing Vika and Maria just because they are ranked higher.

coolfish1103
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:23 AM
The poll option should be just Serena and others to avoid a lopsided result :lol:

1. Serena
2. Azarenka / Sharapova (depending on where Serena is drawn)
3. Sharapova / Azarenka (depending on where Serena is drawn)
4. Li
5. Kvitova
6. Kerber
7. Venus
8. Radwanska

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Another idiotic poll with a whole bunch of genuine contenders left out.:rolleyes:

Mods, what about a 3-strikes policy for stupid polls? Repeat offenders who start polls driven more by their personal biases than by any real desire to guage the opinion of TF members should have their poll-starting rights suspended.

Ah stop moaning already all the time. :lol: Come up with your own list and ignore the OP. :)

Chrissie-fan
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Tier one fave:
Serena Williams

Tier two faves:
Victoria Azarenka
Maria Sharapova
Petra Kvitova

Tier three faves:
Agnieszka Radwanska
Anglique Kerber
Li Na

StoneRose
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Serena 50%
Vika 30%
Rest 20%

stromatolite
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Ah stop moaning already all the time. :lol: Come up with your own list and ignore the OP. :)

Look who's talking:lol:

I think a few lists have been proposed that would be okay (e.g. coolfish1103, andyjason, Chrissie-fan), but since nobody can vote on them they're pretty useless here.

Gentleman
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:40 PM
you don't think Kerber, Stosur, Bartoli has better chance than Aga, Caro, Ivanovic??

I don't. I believe Ivanovic and Wozniacki will be back strong from the very begining of 2013. Also, think Radwanska is, mentaly, much stronger then Kerber and Stosur at Grnad slams, and I believe she would win GS match against them at AO.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Tier one fave:
Serena Williams

Tier two faves:
Victoria Azarenka
Maria Sharapova
Petra Kvitova

Tier three faves:
Agnieszka Radwanska
Anglique Kerber
Li Na

i'd actually place vika in tier 1 and serena in tier 3 :angel:

i think they both should be tier 1 and the rest are as you have them

Smitten
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Azarenka doesn't have a chance in hell. Get real. That local is not sustaining any type of form or dominance in a real field.

Borz should make the SF, possibly the F. Azarenka will lose to a player like Cibulkova/Petrova or something.

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM
according to Tennisforum Serena is winning all 4 in 2013 , 2014 , 2015 and in 2016 Golden Grand Slam

dsanders06
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Imo:

01 Serena
02 Azarenka
03 Sharapova
--
04 Kvitova
05 Li (think people are really underrating her; she has one of the best AO records of recent years)
--
06 Radwanska
07 Kerber
08 Venus
09 Stosur
10 ....Ivanovic? :lol:

madmax
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Azarenka doesn't have a chance in hell. Get real. That local is not sustaining any type of form or dominance in a real field.

Borz should make the SF, possibly the F. Azarenka will lose to a player like Cibulkova/Petrova or something.

:lol:
since when you are stanning for PushBorz of them all? I thought you hated talentless "locals" afterall?

Jane Lane
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:18 PM
:lol:
since when you are stanning for PushBorz of them all? I thought you hated talentless "locals" afterall?

You missed a lot during your ban.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:22 PM
according to Tennisforum Serena is winning all 4 in 2013 , 2014 , 2015 and in 2016 Golden Grand Slam
:lol: Well, things can change very quickly in sports, but going by what we've seen from Wimbledon 2012 onwards it's hard not to see Serena as the firm favorite at the next AO. Maybe our opinions will already change in the early part of Januari, but based on what we know on the 28th of November 2012 it's entirely logical to pick Serena.

Shivank17
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
1. Serena.
-
2. Arazenka.
3. Maria.
-
-
The rest.

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:42 PM
:lol:!!!!

Yas, gawd!

Angelpova
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Radwanska and Kvitova are in the poll, and not Maria ??? :facepalm: :happy: :weirdo:

Start da Game
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM
these mashapova lovers are such a whiny bunch......from now, "other" means sharapova in the poll......i will update the same in the opening post......

happy now? :happy:

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:17 PM
these mashapova lovers are such a whiny bunch......from now, "other" means sharapova in the poll......i will update the same in the opening post......

happy now? :happy:

That's so nice of you :hug:http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_m6e4y9b6M51qfjd2ho1_250.gif

Start da Game
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:29 PM
:rain:

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM

:lol: Who's gonna stop her? Surely not Sharapova..;)

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
:lol: Who's gonna stop her? Surely not Sharapova..;)

you never know, that individual did take 7 games off of her their last meeting. :worship:

Start da Game
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:02 PM
hola olivia, do you think anybody can stop serena?

AnnieIWillKnow
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:04 PM
How on earth has Radwanska got more votes in this poll than Azarenka?

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:29 PM
you never know, that individual did take 7 games off of her their last meeting. :worship:

A set worth! :lol:

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:55 PM

not cakewalk-p, that's for sure of course, especially in the earlier rounds and anything could happen. but she is the overwhelming favorite.

SunshineSlam
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:06 PM

[/flopthread]

It's not that ridiculous. Radwanska and Kvitova each won multiple hardcourt tournaments this year. How many did Sharapova win?

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Sharapova scratched and clawed for those 7 games. :lol::hysteric:

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM

[/flopthread]

Haha I know :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:37 PM

not cakewalk-p, that's for sure of course, especially in the earlier rounds and anything could happen. but she is the overwhelming favorite.

how did i know that name would be crossed out of your response :lol: you're too much girl :happy:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:41 PM
It's not that ridiculous. Radwanska and Kvitova each won multiple hardcourt tournaments this year. How many did Sharapova win?

Hardcourt tournaments that Sharapova didn't even bother to play. Miami never existed.

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hardcourt tournaments that Sharapova didn't even bother to play. Miami never existed.

:lol: And the ones she played, she got smoked by Vika, Serena...and AGA! :unsure: :eek:
Miami DID happen..:lol:

Macomere
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:21 PM
:spit: Povatards fuming about their slow local fave not being included in the poll..typical :haha:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:31 PM
:lol: And the ones she played, she got smoked by Vika, Serena...and AGA! :unsure: :eek:
Miami DID happen..:lol:

Like I said, if she did bother to vulture a lil more she would have won HC titles. That's just not Maria's style.

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Like I said, if she did bother to vulture a lil more she would have won HC titles. That's just not Maria's style.

:lol: Awfully arrogant, doomsy. it's the top players who can BEAT the other top players on selected surfaces, those are the ones who can afford NOT to volture.

Since Maria's basically hopeless against the duo of Serena and Vika, and even Radwanska can be troublesome.. well, maybe she SHOULD volture a lil more..claypova is fun and everything, but that still leaves 9 months of the year.

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:58 PM
:lol: Awfully arrogant, doomsy. it's the top players who can BEAT the other top players on selected surfaces, those are the ones who can afford NOT to volture.

Since Maria's basically hopeless against the duo of Serena and Vika, and even Radwanska can be troublesome.. well, maybe she SHOULD volture a lil more..claypova is fun and everything, but that still leaves 9 months of the year.

She is not hopeless, not from what I saw at the end of the year. I believe that the French was more her priority this year but next year should be different and after so many finals reached in 2012 on HC, there is hope for a title in 2013 hopefully a major one.

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:15 PM
She is not hopeless, not from what I saw at the end of the year. I believe that the French was more her priority this year but next year should be different and after so many finals reached in 2012 on HC, there is hope for a title in 2013 hopefully a major one.

Ok..I guess time will tell us. ;)

andyjason
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:38 AM
My order:
1 Serena
2 Azarenka
3 Sharapova
===
4 Kvitova
5 Li
6 Kerber
===
===
7 Radwanska
8 Petrova
===
===
9 Stosur
10 Wozniacki
11 Venus
===
===
===
The rest

ozza
Nov 29th, 2012, 04:00 AM
While I think Serena is the favourite. I don't think she is as nailed on as some believe right now. The off season is a long time. Serena had all the momentum post-Wimbledon. She won't necessarily keep that. The end of the last season isn't always the best indicator to what happens in Australia at the beginning of the next. Past Serena, the usual Vika-Sharapova. Then outside chance of Kvitova or Li if they catch on fire. Everyone else next to no chance.

MrProdigy555
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:49 AM
While I think Serena is the favourite. I don't think she is as nailed on as some believe right now. The off season is a long time. Serena had all the momentum post-Wimbledon. She won't necessarily keep that. The end of the last season isn't always the best indicator to what happens in Australia at the beginning of the next. Past Serena, the usual Vika-Sharapova. Then outside chance of Kvitova or Li if they catch on fire. Everyone else next to no chance.
The same thing could have been said about the break between US Open and The Year-End Championships...

In The Zone
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Serena is not losing to a fellow top player. For Azarenka or Sharapova to win, Serena is going to have be randomly picked off by a Makarova or a Razzano.

dragonflies
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Odd on favorite :
Serena, enough said. Strange thing might happen though.
Contenders:
Sharapova: Appeared to be in good shape at the YEC, unlike last year, so she could keep on going. The off season usually helped Maria elevated her level before the AO. Like at the YEC 07, she was at a high level, then hit the peak at the AO 08. Was in bad shape at the YEC 11, then vastly improved at the AO 12. When she got a grove on her groundstrokes, Sharapova has a little edge over Vika. She even has a chance to go all the way, if things work in her favor.

Vika :Consistently playing close to her peak level, so chance of her getting to the SF and beyond is high. The pressure of defending a Slam might get to her along with other factors. Someone might cause a surprise and eliminate one of the duo Vika - Maria before the SF.

Na Li: has always playing well in the AO with performances belong to the top 4 best players in the last 3, 4 years. The surface and the bounds fit her timing and groundstrokes. With the help of Carlos, Li Na could go deep.

Outsiders:
Aga, Kvitova, Petrova, Caro: Aga, Caro, Petrova have the games to do well on the surface. They were appeared in good shapes and motivated. Kvitova is the only one in this group could go all the way, but as all things considered, not likely.

Venus, Kerber, Stosur, Vera all have a long shot at the title, aka very unlikely. Stosur probably get used to with the pressure at her home town, so she won't lose first round again. However, if she somehow gets into the second week, the expectation would shot up and would do its job on her.

Stonerpova
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Povatards are butt hurt because pova's name ain't in the poll, LOL!! I imagine they'll be hurt since their style always has been to creat multiple handles everytime solely for voting in polls involving their idol. Pova wins polls due to multiple IDs but fails on tennis courts where "winning" really matters.:lol::lol::lol:

I'm currently writing down thread topics worthy of bumping & rubbing in ppl's faces come January 13. Counting the days.....:bounce:

Apologies for thinking that the world's #2 and reigning French Open champion should be included among title favorites at a tournament that she's won previously and got to the final of this year. Crazies, the lot of us.

Shvedbarilescu
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Odd on favorite :

Contenders:
Sharapova: Appeared to be in good shape at the YEC, unlike last year, so she could keep on going. The off season usually helped Maria elevated her level before the AO. Like at the YEC 07, she was at a high level, then hit the peak at the AO 08. Was in bad shape at the YEC 11, then vastly improved at the AO 12. When she got a grove on her groundstrokes, Sharapova has a little edge over Vika. She even has a chance to go all the way, if things work in her favor. Vika :Consistently playing close to her peak level, so chance of her getting to the SF and beyond is high. The pressure of defending a Slam might get to her along with other factors. Someone might cause a surprise and eliminate one of the duo Vika - Maria before the SF.
Na Li: has always playing well in the AO with performances belong to the top 4 best players in the last 3, 4 years. The surface and the bounds fit her timing and groundstrokes. With the help of Carlos, Li Na could go deep.

Outsiders:eated

Aga, Kvitova, Petrova, Caro: Aga, Caro, Petrova have the games to do well on the surface. They were a

Yes, Na Li has always played at her best at the Australian Open and it has always taken the most elite players to beat her. In her seven maindraw appearances here the only players to beat her have been, Serena Williams (twice), Kim Clijsters (twice), Maria Sharapova, Martina Hingis and, err, Marta Domachowska. :oh:

doomsday
Nov 29th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Odd on favorite :
Contenders:
Sharapova: Appeared to be in good shape at the YEC, unlike last year, so she could keep on going. The off season usually helped Maria elevated her level before the AO. Like at the YEC 07, she was at a high level, then hit the peak at the AO 08. Was in bad shape at the YEC 11, then vastly improved at the AO 12. When she got a grove on her groundstrokes, Sharapova has a little edge over Vika. She even has a chance to go all the way, if things work in her favor.

Vika :Consistently playing close to her peak level, so chance of her getting to the SF and beyond is high. The pressure of defending a Slam might get to her along with other factors. Someone might cause a surprise and eliminate one of the duo Vika - Maria before the SF.

Outsiders:
Aga, Kvitova, Petrova, Caro: Aga, Caro, Petrova have the games to do well on the surface. They were appeared in good shapes and motivated. Kvitova is the only one in this group could go all the way, but as all things considered, not likely.

Venus, Kerber, Stosur, Vera all have a long shot at the title, aka very unlikely. Stosur probably get used to with the pressure at her home town, so she won't lose first round again. However, if she somehow gets into the second week, the expectation would shot up and would do its job on her.

Great analysis.

I think that we should have Serena, Sharapova and Vika in semis for sure if they're all healthy and playing well.

It would be interesting to see them being challenged a lil bit but I do think that's what is going to happen in 2013.

In the last major, Sharapova was severely challenged against Bartoli and Petrova.
Vika as well over Stosur.
Only Serena had a great time before the final but that's only because se got Errani :help: not that I think other players would have beat her but they would have definitely put a bigger fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

bandabou
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Great analysis.

I think that we should have Serena, Sharapova and Vika in semis for sure if they're all healthy and playing well.

It would be interesting to see them being challenged a lil bit but I do think that's what is going to happen in 2013.

In the last major, Sharapova was severely challenged against Bartoli and Petrova.
Vika as well over Stosur.
Only Serena had a great time before the final but that's only because se got Errani :help: not that I think other players would have beat her but they would have definitely put a bigger fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

:lol: Mashatards talking about Errani being easy for a SF?! :lol: I guess the only thing easier would be Errani in a FINAL, huh?! :lol:

doomsday
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
:lol: Mashatards talking about Errani being easy for a SF?! :lol: I guess the only thing easier would be Errani in a FINAL, huh?! :lol:

Oh Bandabou, what am I gonna do with you :lol:
There was no shade intended behind my post but I would say that Errani on clay court ain't an easy task and I think we saw this on clay court season this year.

bandabou
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Oh Bandabou, what am I gonna do with you :lol:
There was no shade intended behind my post but I would say that Errani on clay court ain't an easy task and I think we saw this on clay court season this year.

No shade, huh?! :lol: Yep, yep..of course if Masha vs Errani had the been the final, while Serena vs Vika were killing each other in the other SF, you wouldn't have said a word about easy opponents. :lol: :wavey: doomsy. In spanish they say: Quien no te conozca, que te compre! :lol:

doomsday
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:17 AM
No shade, huh?! :lol: Yep, yep..of course if Masha vs Errani had the been the final, while Serena vs Vika were killing each other in the other SF, you wouldn't have said a word about easy opponents. :lol: :wavey: doomsy. In spanish they say: Quien no te conozca, que te compre! :lol:

How do you want Maria and Errani in the final if that's Serena and Vika who are killing each other in the SF :lol: :lol:

bandabou
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
How do you want Maria and Errani in the final if that's Serena and Vika who are killing each other in the SF :lol: :lol:

I meantn the other SF..if the SF had been Maria vs Errani...you wouldn't be talking about SF being easy.
Stop playing cute..:lol:

Lachy
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:06 PM
https://www.facebook.com/v/10152283748510635

That's right. Be scared bitchezzz.

JarkaFish
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Serena's draw was pretty great at the USO though. I mean, Ivanovic in the QFs? Errani in the SFs? LOL

doomsday
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I meantn the other SF..if the SF had been Maria vs Errani...you wouldn't be talking about SF being easy.
Stop playing cute..:lol:

And what makes you so sure about that ? I can be objective you know.

I already admitted Maria having easy draws when she had ones but in US, Serena had the easier one not that she needed it anyway.

bandabou
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
And what makes you so sure about that ? I can be objective you know.

I already admitted Maria having easy draws when she had ones but in US, Serena had the easier one not that she needed it anyway.

Okay...fair enough.

Shivank17
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Apologies for thinking that the world's #2 and reigning French Open champion should be included among title favorites at a tournament that she's won previously and got to the final of this year. Crazies, the lot of us.

Ikr. :o

But its best to ignore what that Acetoace(?) troll says anyway.

MyskinaManiac
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM

Watch Serena draw Razzano in r1

bandabou
Nov 29th, 2012, 01:30 PM

And then? Should we pick all the random losses Masha has had in her career at majors as well?! Kirilenko, OUdin, et al?!

Start da Game
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:07 PM

one fluke never promises another fluke.....law of nature......soderling was trashed and dumped in the roland garros trash bin in 2010 final......

MrProdigy555
Nov 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Serena wants to play her though. :lol:

Did you not read that very descriptive quote from Razzano?

Stamp Paid
Nov 29th, 2012, 04:43 PM
If the Queen is healthy and still has Daddy Patrick in her corner, she will slay.

dsanders06
Nov 29th, 2012, 04:48 PM
If the Queen is healthy and still has Daddy Patrick in her corner, she will slay.

Maria has appointed Patrick now? :confused:

Alejandrawrrr
Nov 29th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Serena wants to play her though. :lol:

Did you not read that very descriptive quote from Razzano?

The one where she acknowledged the fact that she WILL feel the wrath of God the next time they meet? Loved it :lol:

doomsday
Nov 29th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I can't at people really believing that Moratoglou with his monkey name really helped Serena to get there. He is only there to promote his academy.

Mistress of Evil
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:05 PM
And then? Should we pick all the random losses Masha has had in her career at majors as well?! Kirilenko, OUdin, et al?!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrzew4AN3E1qkomroo2_r1_500.gif

What did this have to do with Maria? Serena is light years ahead of Sharapova and any parallel/comparison between them can only be a huge compliment to Maria and kind of a offence to Serena.

Not that it matters but the poster you quoted is nowhere near even remotely being a Maria fan.

We get it you are so obsessed that you reduce everything to Maria vs Serena because you are 'bothered & pressed' and cannot get over something that happened 10 years.

bandabou
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:52 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrzew4AN3E1qkomroo2_r1_500.gif

What did this have to do with Maria? Serena is light years ahead of Sharapova and any parallel/comparison between them can only be a huge compliment to Maria and kind of a offence to Serena.

Not that it matters but the poster you quoted is nowhere near even remotely being a Maria fan.

We get it you are so obsessed that you reduce everything to Maria vs Serena because you are 'bothered & pressed' and cannot get over something that happened 10 years.

Exactly..Serena IS LIGHT years ahead of Maria...so they shouldn't be compared. Just because Maria made a habit to lose to nobodies at majors, doesn't mean Serena is gonna follow the same path.

Well it's been Maria-fans talking the most non-sense in here, so I guess that poster is a Masha-fan too.

Jeffery
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:39 PM
The pool :facepalm:

Maria will win this easily.

Start da Game
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM
the slam is only 8 days away now......

In The Zone
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Serena's to win or lose.

gbenga
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:58 PM
other = sharapova

:lol: :haha:

Start da Game
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:59 PM
other = sharapova

:lol: :haha:

that is what this forum has come to finally......all the sharapova militant trolls have forced me to change it like that......

SAISAI-GOAT
Jan 5th, 2013, 08:14 PM
this poll is dumb w/ the choices :rolleyes: