PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Jarka Gajdosova in 2012?

martin white
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:12 AM
im not a huge fan,but whatever happened to Jarka to cause such a drop in form and ranking?she started the year in the mid 30's,now languishesat#179:eek:,I remember her getting killed byb Bartoli in The hopman cup 0 and 0,also her marriage collapse,i hope 2013 is better for Jarka:)

danieln1
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Average 40 Unforced Errors per match (set :oh: )

Just kidding I like her, especially when she's finding the court

jetglo
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:35 AM
im not a huge fan,but whatever happened to Jarka to cause such a drop in form and ranking?she started the year in the mid 30's,now languishesat#179:eek:,I remember her getting killed byb Bartoli in The hopman cup 0 and 0,also her marriage collapse,i hope 2013 is better for Jarka:)

I think you answered your own question. Don't underestimate the impact a relationship ending can have.

GOATdin0931
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Poor Jarka :hug: :awww:

Yoncé
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:55 AM
She's had a very hard year off court as well and that unfortunately but expectedly translated into a tough year on court. Please come back refreshed for 2013 Jarks :sobbing:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Achernar
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:10 AM
She began the year playing horribly, probably affected by her separation. Then she was abused on Twitter, which led her to close her account. And as if that was not enough, her mother apparently died in mid-year.

Gajdosova grieves over mom’s passing

Matt Cronin
Monday, September 24, 2012

Jarmila Gajdosova announces that her mother, who was also named Jarmila, passed away while she was competing at the WTA tournament in Guangzhou last week.

"On Friday afternoon I was told my mum died," Gajdosova wrote on the WTA website. "It was a shock. I've been very sad. I cried a lot when I found out and I still do. I can't believe my mum is gone - she was always the best mum in the world and I love her very much. I will miss her as long as I live. In a way, it feels like a really bad dream that you're trying to wake up from, but you can't. I spoke to my dad and my brother as I heard the news and they told me to keep playing, that my mum will always be home when I finish, that I can visit her when I come home, and that I still have my life and my tennis to take care of. So I was trying to win this week for my mum, but as you can imagine it was hard to concentrate, and the more I tried, the worse it got. I was very sad when I lost. It broke my heart - I really wanted to win for my mum to be proud, but I couldn't."

http://sportadore.com/Away?u=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FJYsAzwSC

HOS
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:25 AM
He rmum died, broken marriage but I think a massive factor is the coach.
Gavin Hopper- pre jail- and now- has a history of burning players out. He gets them super super fit- great results happen but the players bodies can't keep up with it. Coetzer and Philipoussis prime examples. Seles did the right thing y getting fitter iwth Hopper and then ending the relationship

simonsaystennis
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:26 AM
It should be clear by now what emotional turmoil can do to a player. Whether it is a relationship collapse, a death of a loved, or an abusive family member, everyone has their breaking point. Tennis is a very mental game and if you are not happy off the court, it's going to be hard to be happy and successful on the court.

Cajka
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:28 AM
She's had a very hard year off court as well and that unfortunately but expectedly translated into a tough year on court. Please come back refreshed for 2012 Jarks :sobbing:

Agreed. Last year she got divorced, this year her mother died after a long disease, not to mention that she's a streaky headcase anyway...

SilverSlam
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Personally I think after she got double bagelled by Bartoli in front of her crowd which she'd said so many times she was beyond excited and happy to be, she simply lost a lot of confidence. She left the court in tears and actually went straight to her hotel room. It's sad she saw it as such a disappointment because it is an exhibition but it does mean a lot for her particularly because of the twitter abuse she's faced about not "really" being Australian. Add that to the rest of her drama's this year and a poor coach, she simply didn't get the results she wanted

I'm sure she'll be back in 2013 playing well again.

Cajka
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:48 AM
It's sad she saw it as such a disappointment because it is an exhibition but it does mean a lot for her particularly because of the twitter abuse she's faced about not "really" being Australian. .

I remember this too. Although I think it's a great thing that we can communicate with players on Twitter, some people are just vile and nasty. Sure, she should've never gotten so upset about that but... boy, it must be tough to deal with such horrible insults.

duhcity
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:48 AM
She wasn't the strongest mentally to begin with, so the marriage ending took a huge toll.

But to be honest, Mid-30s was probably her limit anyway. Fine game when she finds the court, but there are other girls who struggle with the same consistency and hit a better ball when they're on

Sombrerero loco
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM
she became even more brainless. only thing "working" was service, and not that much as the day before. from the baseline, awful stuff

bjurra
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
He rmum died, broken marriage but I think a massive factor is the coach.
Gavin Hopper- pre jail- and now- has a history of burning players out. He gets them super super fit- great results happen but the players bodies can't keep up with it. Coetzer and Philipoussis prime examples. Seles did the right thing y getting fitter iwth Hopper and then ending the relationship

Yes I am sure the coach's fitness regime was a major factor in a year where she got divorced and lost her mother. You must be empathically challenged.

Wintermute
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Jarka had a terrible year off court. She always seemed to me like someone who needed reassurance from others. To face a marriage break-up, the death of a loved one and a load of unpleasant twitter abuse directed at her really destroyed her confidence. And we know what that does to a tennis player.

Judging by her twitter comments now she seems to be in a much better place mentally. Hopefully that means she is rebuilding her game and will re-enter Top 100.

Material World
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Yeah, Jarka is a real confidence player and she's had a whole lot of things go badly in the last 2 years. If she can clear her head and get some decent coaching she'll surely rise back to the top 50.

Good luck in 2013 to her, she deserves it.

Wiggly
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:47 PM
She got divorced and her mother passed away. That's a brutal year for anyone's standards.

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:07 AM
I feel bad all this bad stuff's happened to her...but really, it shouldn't be that hard for a professional tennis player to not hit every shot warp speed if only to get a few balls over the net.

stromatolite
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Not sure how much of her loss of form was caused by the problems in her personal life, but it sure as hell can't have helped.

I hope first and foremost that she has a much happier year in 2013. If that translates into good results that'll be a nice bonus.

chingching
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I think you answered your own question. Don't underestimate the impact a relationship ending can have.

Her marriage was just to get a green card. Everyone knows that...

SilverSlam
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:50 AM

I seriously hope you're kidding :help:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

In The Zone
Dec 6th, 2012, 03:07 AM
I seriously hope you're kidding :help:

Coming from someone with the username - SilverSlam - the ultimate joke.

Kəv.
Dec 6th, 2012, 04:26 AM

Yes, because your her best friend and you know everything about her...

Bye bitch :bigwave:

stromatolite
Dec 6th, 2012, 06:06 AM

This is a good example of the shit she's had to deal with since her marriage, and total nonsense to boot.

You only have to look at how motivated Jarka always is when representing Australia in the Fed Cup to see how much she cares about being an Aussie.

Yoncé
Dec 6th, 2012, 06:23 AM

That's so far from the truth and such a stupid thing to say :o she was so affected by her marriage breaking down it should put any of these stupid rumours to rest. Also you can't even get Australian citizenship just by marrying an Australian. Like stromatolite said this is a prime example of the petty crap she has had to deal with.

chuvack
Dec 6th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Gajdosova is not the brightest bulb in the kitchen. She reminds me of Carolina Sprem in that respect. A hard hitter but lacking good career management.

aussiesharapova
Dec 6th, 2012, 09:00 AM
shes had enough shit to deal with this year & you post this? this is totally not cool at all.

i hope she recuperates from all of this mentally and has an improved 2013 season.

SilverSlam
Dec 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Coming from someone with the username - SilverSlam - the ultimate joke.

:spit: ahahahah K.

Kəv.
Dec 6th, 2012, 07:45 PM
:weirdo:

I am actually right :lol:
Ask anyone who has anything to do with Tennis Australia and they will know he called her his lottery ticket. He definitely didn't love her, if she did then that's sad. From the moment they were married people were telling me they were going to get divorced. I didn't believe them. I was wrong. Yes I really like Jarka but this marriage was ibvoisly nt what it seems :(

And how immature are you to cal me a bitch and bad rep me because we have a difference of opinion :lol:

Kooyong
Dec 6th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Its just one of those years that a player at Jarka's level is bound to have, hopefully she has a much better year.

Jarka was clearly effected by her marriage break-up and it would take a very strong person not to be effected by the death of a loved one.

O and Australia doesn't issue Green cards.

chingching
Dec 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM
:weirdo:

Where did I post that :lol:
Did you actually make that up just to make me look bad :facepalm:
And if she was so affected by her divorce why did she only start playinbg badly 6 months afterwards.
I do like Jarka and she is definitely the best of the current crop of Australian Tennis Bogans but I don't think that many actually think her loss of form is from her marriage. Sadly she is a bit of a MM :(

Kəv.
Dec 7th, 2012, 08:53 AM
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/5913/61470764.png

:facepalm:

Kəv.
Dec 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Where did I post that :lol:
Did you actually make that up just to make me look bad :facepalm:
And if she was so affected by her divorce why did she only start playinbg badly 6 months afterwards.
I do like Jarka and she is definitely the best of the current crop of Australian Tennis Bogans but I don't think that many actually think her loss of form is from her marriage. Sadly she is a bit of a MM :(

Got divorced after Fed Cup v UKR

As 2nd seed, loses to unseeded Niculescu - QF of Estoril who then got smashed by AMG
Rome - Loses 2 & 1 to Li
:confused:

Kəv.
Dec 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
why do you hate her so much anyway? :confused:
do you just pick a bunch of players and start hating on them?