PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been punished by your teachers?

Lin Lin
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I am curious about whether your teachers have/had punished you,and how?Verbally or physically or other ways?
And what is the worst punishment that you have experienced by your teachers?:)

Yashal
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Oh well, I've been kicked out of the classroom a few times because I was talking too much, but never anything worse.

SilverSlam
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:59 AM
One of my teachers who not only moved me in front of her desk because I talked too much (I didn't really but whatever) but then when I answered a question correctly which she asked me, said "I'm surprised someone with the intelligence of a 6 year old managed to get that right. Who'd you copy it from?"

Needless to say, being second in the year for that subject at the end of the year and reporting her to the principle was more revenge than anything I could have said to her personally, so I'm glad she did what she did.

FORZA SARITA
Nov 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM
no :p i had very cool teachers TBH :lol:
once in a math test i did everything wrong and still the teacher gave me a 7/10, my classmates were so fiery with me :silly:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 26th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I remember one time ( back in the day ) , I was punished because I pulled a chair out from under a " mean girl " when she tried to sit down. She fell on her butt and I got 2 weeks of detention :p

FORZA SARITA
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I remember one time ( back in the day ) , I was punished because I pulled a chair out from under a " mean girl " when she tried to sit down. She fell on her butt and I got 2 weeks of detention :p

detention?:spit:
i had a teacher who was allergic to dust so when she called me to write on blackboard i used to make tons of dust with the eraser, once she started to cry like a :baby:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:15 AM
detention?:spit:
i had a teacher who was allergic to dust so when she called me to write on blackboard i used to make tons of dust with the eraser, once she started to cry like a :baby:

:haha:

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Individually, never. As a part of the whole classroom, yes.:oh:

Lin Lin
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
most people talking too much:spit:

wta_zuperfann
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:42 AM
When I was growing up in the late 50/early 60s people did not know what learning disabilities or dyslexia were all about. Because of these problems, all too often I would write 45 when I meant to write 54. Or I would repeatedly misspell words such as failing to capitalize the word "Indian". Teachers would call me "stupid" in front of the class because I made these mistakes even though I was trying my very best. Needless to say, this among others things, made my childhood a rather difficult one.

Mattographer
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I had detention several times, for not finished my homework.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc06tckjk51ql5yr7o1_400.gif

SilverSlam
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:07 PM

That's actually happened to me, except the person did it as a joke, and instead of falling to the floor I fell and my head hit another table and I was taken to hospital after I passed out. Just saying I hope that you made sure she wasn't going to get hurt before you did that.

Sammo
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Yep, I was punished once because of saying that I hated Music (the subject) when I didn't know how to do an exercise, the teacher said that I just wasn't clever enough to figure out how to do it. Turns out I got an average of 8.35 in my Bachelor of Science and now I'm a Chemical Engineering student

http://imagetitan.net/image-0BC2_4E0BCDE3.gif

(this was the first gif that came to my mind :lol:)

Sammo
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:52 PM
When I was growing up in the late 50/early 60s people did not know what learning disabilities or dyslexia were all about. Because of these problems, all too often I would write 45 when I meant to write 54. Or I would repeatedly misspell words such as failing to capitalize the word "Indian". Teachers would call me "stupid" in front of the class because I made these mistakes even though I was trying my very best. Needless to say, this among others things, made my childhood a rather difficult one.

What assholes!

Super Dave
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I was a pretty good student 99% of the time. But once I made a lunchlady quit because I called her a bitch :sad: I had to call her to apologize. I didn't call her that to her face but I said it out loud and she heard it.

Got thrown out of math class once in high school. The teacher was a dork and he was having a moment, telling the class how he wasn't going to put up with any more shit and I just lost it, laughing out loud. "OUT!"

That same teacher caught me filling in my own answers when we were supposed to swap papers to check them. He just wrote a zero on the top of my paper and kept walking.

Other than that, just got in trouble a few times for talking.

Sammo
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Got thrown out of math class once in high school. The teacher was a dork and he was having a moment, telling the class how he wasn't going to put up with any more shit and I just lost it, laughing out loud. "OUT!"

:lol::worship:

saint2
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I've been thrown out of school 2 times in my life :bounce::bounce:
I've attended a private JHS and wasn't thrown out of that school only because my younger brother was going to the same school. However, teachers told my parents that they've NEVER EVER seen someone with THAT attitude toward school like me before. :worship::worship:

Anyway, the worst part was my mom... She cared very much. Even now she thinks that I was "bright but lazy". No mom, I wasn't bright, nor lazy. You simply has to accept that your oldest son was unteachable, and school was no good place for him.

Luckilly for her, my brother does well in accademics. Hes studying law now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A8aTgdMwIk

Flavia P.
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Plenty of parent teacher conferences. Plenty of after school detentions. A handful of times I was given a designed seat in class to be kept away from friends who I got in trouble with. Several times I was thrown out of class and told to go elsewhere or go to the principals office, which I usually didn't, if I could, I'd hide in the bathroom. One time in 7th grade I was suspended for three days after throwing food at someone and then getting in a fight with them (it was a prank gone wrong). I almost got expelled in 8th grade. I got in trouble a few times in middle school for causing trouble in the auditorium during school events. In 7th grade I dropped out of workshop class because of behavior issues and the fact I was flunking the class. I got transferred to a different class. Starting in 7th grade, I played hookey a lot and I would come to school really late, or during class I'd go to the bathroom and basically avoid going back until late. I was late to school virtually 50 percent of the time in 8th grade and both years I did high school (junior and senior years), I stopped taking the bus and walked to school because it was close to home. My parents got called about that in 8th grade and in my junior year of high school.

Flavia P.
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
My grandmother saved me throughout school because without her, I am sure I would have been expelled in middle school. I was a major trouble kid, and I had huge problems with teachers, especially in 8th grade. In 8th grade I said I was going to bomb the school and laugh as I kill everyone inside. I called my literature teacher a fat bitch. I called my history teacher stupid and unfit to teach (not those exact words but you get it), and we had major arguments. I got in arguments constantly with my science teacher. The one class I was doing good in was PE, but then my grades dropped there and I ended up with a C. I got in arguments with an entire class a few times.

High school was better because I only cared about getting a GPA. So I didn't really associate with people in high school. I did my own thing. By then I was associating with an older group of people and basically, I thought of the high school students as beneath me on a maturity and intelligence level. I still got mediocre grades and came to school late, but instead of getting in constant trouble I would just sleep and coast in school and wait until the day ended.

Honestly, none of those bitches understood me. Looking back, what I realize is, I was simply too sophisticated for middle and high school.

saul1333
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Made the class write a dictionary page over the weekend. I got caught cheating so she made me write Harry Potter Ch 5 twice (19 pages in the chapter :eek:) on Monday.

Annie.
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:24 PM
In middle school I received an infraction because I smashed a volleyball into the back of a girl's head in P.E. The teacher caught me and ordered me to the ground to do 50 push-ups and I refused.

In high school we were sent to the library to work on an assignment. Being the popular girl that I was--

http://i44.tinypic.com/fd63r8.gif

all of the other students wanted to sit at my table. The teacher came storming in, bitching, said that I needed to move to a table by myself so that I wouldn't a distraction to the other students. I told her that she needed to move the other students because I'd sat down first. She said something about embarrassing me in front of my friends so we went at it. Long story short, I was kicked out of class had to serve a day of in school suspension. :sad:

miffedmax
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Lena would not have been proud of me.

I was the class clown. I got wacked on the palm with rulers, detentions, spanked, sent to the principal, had my mouth taped shut and was constantly being moved around to keep me away from the other class clowns. Oh, and I got "F"s on papers because if we were writing an essay on poetry and the teacher said we couldn't write about humorous poetry, that was a surefire way to get me to write an essay on humorous poetry.

When I was done, I actually had a couple of teachers tell me I was one of their favorite students, because my essays were actually quite clever, but they had to punish me for being so flagrantly disobedient. Also, I pretty much quit being that way by the end of freshman year in high school. I did want to go to college.

edificio
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Not sure what you mean by punished.

However, never been punished in any way that I am aware of. If a teacher gave me a lower grade to punish me, I am not aware of it. Physical and verbal abuse is to be condemned.

Sammo
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:59 PM
had my mouth taped shut

Was that legal then? :unsure:

Super Dave
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Was that legal then? :unsure:

Probably; Max is older than me.

Plus it was probably a Catholic school.

;)

miffedmax
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Nope. Public school. My family is so WASPy even our French ancestors were Prots. ;)

Actually, usually when I complained about my "abuse" at the hands of my teachers my mother rolled her eyes and said something along the lines of "You probably did something to deserve it."

My younger siblings NEVER got in trouble. My sister, as it turns out, is just a good person.

My brother was only good because he was trying to overcompensate for being a guilt-ridden gay child in the damn Bible-belt.

Curcubeu
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Nice thread.

I was a pretty good student and got along very well with most teachers. I still have contact with some on a regular basis, however there were also a couple of teachers I couldn't deal with at all and I'm certainly not the ass-crawler type of guy who is playing all nice just to get better grades like others.

In short, I complained about his way of making grades which led to him picking on me whenever he could which was quite hilarious. It didn't prevent me from good grades, mainly because I was the only one remotely interested in the subject he taught making it easy for me.

In another incident I fought out some inner class conflict in PE lesson. It was the most energetic my teacher has ever seen me in his lessons, but unfortunately without any positive reward for me...

Certinfy
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Got suspended a few times in secondary school:
1) During PE went into the girls changing rooms and took this bitch's clothes and threw them out. I knew there were cameras in the hallways seeing me go in but I didn't give a shit, she was one of those popular girls who always thought she was the best and treated everyone else like shit, even me who didn't want anything to have to do with her yet had to as I was her 'partner' for Biology.

2) This asshole started saying rude stuff to me and I got into a fight with him and ended up hurting him quite badly. Anyway after that he claimed to the headteacher I started the fight because I was a homophobe and he was gay. Then apparently they asked some people who were around what happened and since most were his friends most sided him. Regardless of the reason I understand why I got suspended but he didn't which still takes the piss.

3) Had this student English teacher for a few months who annoyed the hell out of me, she used to pick on me and get rude to me at every chance she had. Got really angry at her once and started swearing at her when alone and pushed her against the wall.

In all 3 cases I can fairly say I was the victim at first who wasn't going to let them win. Just happy I didn't get expelled though, getting suspended was fine with me anyway as it just made my attendance worse and I hated school anyway.

Vulturepova
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:54 PM
One time I got caught with a US brand of pencil on my desk, but I only had to spend two weeks in a forced labour camp.

So not really :shrug:

Pump-it-UP
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I regularly got lunch detentions in elementary school for talking too much in class or laughing at my stupid classmates. One time I had to sit by myself at lunch for 10 days straight because I made a queen cry when I yelled at him and called him a girl. :o Another time I nearly got suspended for trapping my music teacher in a supply closet for 20 minutes, but they had no evidence that I did it (I'm pretty sure all of the teachers heard the truth from my friends, but no one told on me :angel:) so they were never able to actually punish me. :rolls:

I nearly got suspended again in middle school for screaming/swearing at someone who was teasing my friend. I got kicked out of PE and sent to the principal's office, and she originally suspended me but then my mom stormed into school and yelled at her, forcing her to change her mind. :tape: All that I had to do was write an apology letter, but I didn't care because the other kid got punished far worse than I did.

My only punishment in high school was 36 hours of detention (2 hour sessions) during my senior year for constantly being tardy in the morning because I could never get to school on time. :zzz: I was 1 tardy away from actually getting a suspension, so in the last month of school I ended up just skipping the entire day if I was running late. I wasn't about to have a suspension notice sent to my college, which would have potentially resulted in my acceptance being rescinded. :scared:

Vartan
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:54 PM
No.

miffedmax
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM
No.

They figured knowing Caca was punishment enough.

Vartan
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:57 PM
One time I got caught with a US brand of pencil on my desk, but I only had to spend two weeks in a forced labour camp.

So not really :shrug:

:lol: funny.

Mforensic
Nov 27th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Being a teacher I have to say that I find many of these stories typical as well as funny. Often I as the teacher am told I dont know what I am talking about when in reality it is my 9th grade students who think they know it all when they are naive to the harsh realities of life. There is no such thing as the perfect teacher, but there is alot of work that goes into teaching. And anyone who thinks its easy, I dare them to spend a week in my shoes.

Incidently, I got in trouble in school in the 4th grade and had to stand in the corner at recess. The reason: for kissing all the girls lol!

Helen Lawson
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Yes, and it was absolutely fantastic.

Number19
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:41 AM

The 80s/early 90s they didn't seem to know much about learning disabilities either. I'm not dyslexic, and don't recall being called stupid. Sure felt it. They definitely called me lazy and I wasn't trying hard enough. I had trouble learning to tie my shoes. I couldn't learn to swim. I write with my right hand but have a left handed grip and got yelled at as the teacher slapped the desk with his hand, "Hold a goddamn pencil right!" I also have ADHD and was disruptive in class and would have to drag my desk into to hallway. I was told I'd "grow up to be a criminal, drug addict, homeless. That's what happens to bad little boys." I got put in a social skills workshop with all the worst kids from area schools - future criminals. The first day I walk into the workshop wondering why I'm with there. The thing is I don't even know why I was bad, what I was really doing so wrong. I also had to stay in from recess and learn to play chess. WTF!?

Julian.
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Let's see :sobbing:

Year 1 in Primary School: Being completely ignored by my teacher as in I didn't exist in class

Year 5 in Primary School: My computer partner and me being denied from taking the computer class with the rest of my classmates due to completely unfair accusation. We finished all our computer works and we asked one of the teacher whether we can play and he said yes. And then the head teacher came and scolded us. We told her that the other teacher gave us permissions but that teacher said he didn't. Simply WTF :help: As a result both of us are not allowed to take the computer class for the next few weeks as they accused us of lying.

First year of High School: My whole class has to squat walk up and down the stairs of our 4 storeys school building because we were all late to go to the music classroom for almost 15 minutes :sobbing: The next day, it was hilarious as my whole class was in pain whenever we stand or sit down :sobbing:

So yes, my answer is the first option of the poll. :sobbing:

Cajka
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I skipped the classes way too often when I was in high school, so I was in trouble many times. Apart from that, no. I never misbehaved. I was never really rude to a teacher or other kids.

Cajka
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:41 AM
I skipped the classes way too often when I was in high school, so I was in trouble many times. Apart from that, no. I never misbehaved. I was never really rude to a teacher or other kids.

Actually I lied. I slapped a boy twice when I was 14, but I didn't get punished. He was kind to me, he didn't slap me back, he just called me a stupid cow. But I slapped him for a reason. :oh:

wta_zuperfann
Nov 27th, 2012, 04:03 AM
What assholes!

I've got a ton of stories to show how bad things were back then. Let me give you one about bullying:

Today, teachers put an immediate stop to bullying incidents. In the past they encouraged and often promoted it. Here's a story which I guarantee you will never see today ~

A gym teacher decided he was going to teach a lesson of some kind to the class - he picked a tall, strong lad to play a game of one-on-one basketball against a small underweight guy. Naturally, that small guy was me. And I couldn't play basketball to save my life. I told the teacher I couldn't play and all the kids knew it. But he didn't care.

So I tried my best - but didn't know how to shield a ball or defend against good dribbling. Therefore, every time I tried to evade the tall player I got accidentally whacked in the face. Conversely when he dribbled and I tried to get the ball he would bump my face with his shoulders. On a rebound, I did not know how to box out. Every time he went for a rebound his hip crashed against my shoulders and is elbow whacked me on the head. Needless to say I took quite a pounding.

The teacher responded by saying, "in sports, size doesn't matter. This guy (me) is losing because he is weak of character, he is timid, he's just too scared to play and fight like a man". Or some shit like that. When he said that some of the kids (and you know how kids can be) started chanting "scardy cat, scardy cat". And I was getting really pissed.

Then the big guy really hit me hard in the face. And my nose started to get sore and runny. So I started to wipe my nose and the laughing kids started to chant "ha, ha, scardy cat is crying, scary cat is crying".

Now I was really pissed off. Then I decided to take matters into my own hands.

On the next play when the big guy went for a rebound, I deliberately low bridged him. He fell over and crashed to the ground at about 100MPH. Mind you, we were outdoors playing on pavement, not on a wooden floor. Within seconds the kid was howling like he had been shot. And the blood was streaking down his arm.

The stupid teacher gave me a dirty look and I returned the favor. Then, with my hands on my hips, and gritting my teeth, I turned around to look at the kids who were laughing at me. None were laughing any more. All looked like they were shocked.

The teacher gets a First Aid kit and treats the bleeding on the big kid's arm. And he assigns a guy my size to play against me. But the kid is frozen with fear and he stands there without even trying to play against me and I easily scored three times. When the teacher saw how fearful the kid was, he decided to stop the game.

47 or 48 years later I still have not figured out what "moral lesson" that stupid "teacher" was trying to teach.

Luckily the kid landed mostly on his arm and shoulder. But suppose he landed on his neck, broken it, and winded up on a wheelchair for life? Suppose he landed on his skull, cracked it and died? Whose fault would it have been?????

Kids today complain about how mean and stupid some teachers can be. But how lucky they are that they do not have to deal with that type of idiot like we did back in those days.

hellas719
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:19 PM
In 5th grade some b*tch made up a story that I punched her and everyone believed her and I got in trouble and I kept denying it because I never punched her and no one believed me :rolleyes::lol:

In 6th grade I was such a badass because I didn't do my homework for 3 days in a row and then the teacher threatened to call my mom so I never missed another homework for the rest of my life ;)

In 7th grade I got detention for a week for standing up in the lunchroom because apparently that's against the rules :tape:

In 11th grade I got kicked out of the classroom for talking too much. Our teacher wasn't there and we had an exam so the substitute gave it. When we all finished, I went to go sit with my friends because everyone else was going to sit with their friends and then the teacher kept saying it was getting too loud, and then he kept complaining about me talking as if I was the only one even though everyone else was talking more than I was and I wasn't even loud :o. I remember after then I would always give that idiot mean looks in the hallways, he deserved it. He was so arrogant too, he thought that since he was the principal's son (the only reason why he got the job in the first place because I heard he's a shitty teacher, and he's only 22) that he could do watever he wanted :o

In Greek school I always got "timoria", the penalty for misbehaving. We had to do extra work. I used to get for talking, and one time for not doing my homework. And then one time I got locked in another room for an hour because I was late :rolls:

saint2
Dec 9th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Once I nearly got jailed for making trouble in JHS.

I was attending to public primary school, then my parents moved me to private junior high school- they simply wanted me to get a good education, and refused to acknowledge that Im not the sharpest tool. First days in JHS wasn't easy. At first I was new- and you all know whats the fate of new kid in class. At second - Im not the most sociable, talkative guy. More of a loner, an outcast, living in my own world. So one kid started to picking at me. I didn't wanted any trouble, BC, well I was new and shy. Nobody knew me, and everybody knew him. In 2nd year, a friend of mine did anonymous poll in class- question was- do other kids prefer him or me. I won that "poll" 13-1. It made my confidence growing...So I beat the living shit out of him. His parents later threaten me with a lawsuit for assault. I just laughed at them- bring it on, you are talking to a appeal judge son- yeah it was dumb and stupid, and my mother, an appeal court judge wasn't ready to stand for me. She was in tears, she really thought I could get jailed, and it could hurt her career as a lawyer,.

Back then, at 14 years old, I was punished in school for everything. Low grades, drinking, smoking, getting into fights, even for...sexual harrasment (im FOR REAL here) :weirdo:... Its a miracle that I somehow managed to finnish that school. Later my mom told me that it was my brother, who was going to primary school in the same building saved my ass. Owners of school were simply scared that if they throw me out, my parents will move my brother to the other school.

BTW- kid whom I beat is in jail right now. He killed a man while driving drunk. Remember kids- cars are EVIL.

leeber
Dec 18th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Yep, my form teacher used to bitch to my parents about my handwriting. It was traumatic and for years, whenever I wrote cards, I included this qualifier: "Sorry for my poor handwriting". A**.

Gagsquet
Dec 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Yes several times. Burning my tongue with a hot spoon when I said rude words.

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I attended a boarding school in rural Australia before corporal punishment in schools was outlawed. Had some really charming teachers. 'Nuff said

Start da Game
Dec 18th, 2012, 02:51 PM
just off the top of my head.....

took stick beatings in the school ground from the p.e.t. in class 2......took wooden scale beatings on the knuckles in class 3 from hindi teacher......took fist punches on my left arm in class 4 from science teacher(the whole class had to take those that day).......took thigh pinches from math teacher(hot female, wink) in class 5......took hand beatings on the upperback in class 6......knelt down for 3 hours in the sun in class 7.......became a matured head by class 8......started beating others in class 9......outstanding performance in class 10 and appreciation from all teachers......

Ashi
Dec 18th, 2012, 03:24 PM
It's amazing how it seems all your antics & shenanigans are forgiven when you get outstanding grades in class 10.
As if to say you did well when it mattered, who cares what you did before that.

I don't seem to remember any physical punishment.Maybe a few ear pinches.

I remember in Class 3, I had this sadistic teacher who gave 'remarks' on your record for very flimsy reasons. I got one for not bringing a book to class. I exacted my revenge during our annual choral recitiation. I was at the front in charge of the introduction. I made it a point to not name that teacher from the list of people who'd helped us prepare for it. She was so upset.:lol:

Class 7, a light tap on my cheek for not doing a routine properly during a dance rehearsal. I cried so much, the teacher felt bad and apologized.

I was mortally scared of my Marathi(state language) teacher. She'd hold a long wooden ruler while teaching and always threaten beatings on knuckles and pinching in terrifying Marathi. I never even moved in her class.

Believe it or not, I was mortally scared on my physics tution teacher in grade 12. That guy was a madman. I rote learned all the theorems for his class.
But I was never punished.

Wiggly
Dec 18th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Apart for having to sit alone for talking too much, nothing never happened to me really.

Start da Game
Dec 18th, 2012, 04:16 PM
It's amazing how it seems all your antics & shenanigans are forgiven when you get outstanding grades in class 10.
As if to say you did well when it mattered, who cares what you did before that.

I don't seem to remember any physical punishment.Maybe a few ear pinches.

I remember in Class 3, I had this sadistic teacher who gave 'remarks' on your record for very flimsy reasons. I got one for not bringing a book to class. I exacted my revenge during our annual choral recitiation. I was at the front in charge of the introduction. I made it a point to not name that teacher from the list of people who'd helped us prepare for it. She was so upset.:lol:

Class 7, a light tap on my cheek for not doing a routine properly during a dance rehearsal. I cried so much, the teacher felt bad and apologized.

I was mortally scared of my Marathi(state language) teacher. She'd hold a long wooden ruler while teaching and always threaten beatings on knuckles and pinching in terrifying Marathi. I never even moved in her class.

Believe it or not, I was mortally scared on my physics tution teacher in grade 12. That guy was a madman. I rote learned all the theorems for his class.
But I was never punished.

yeah class 10 guys were given separate respect in school......not a single guy was touched in class 10 or even in class 9 i don't remember anybody getting punished.......probably it's the bending which they give us in the childhood that molds us into level heads when we grow up......

your marathi teacher seems to be similar to my hindi teacher......something with the wooden ruler, language teachers and knuckles......

miffedmax
Dec 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Actually, the best time a teacher "got" me wasn't a punishment at all.

We were reading "Julius Caesar" and instead of just "reading it" we kind of performed it. Well, she handed out the parts in alphabetical order, so when we walked into class everyone had a little sign on their desk with the name of the character who's part they were going to play. But since my name is at the end of the alphabet, I had no part.

Being a history nut, I took out a sheet of paper, and made a name tag declaring myself the "King of Parthia." And I sat.

The next day, the parts were handed out in reverse alphabetical order, but I STILL didn't have a part. So I got out my "King of Parthia sign again.

Finally, I walk in and I have a part! So I sit. And sit. Finally, I read one line. That's it.

And on the next page, another character says "So-and-so! That Parthian knave!"

So of course the teacher and I are laughing our asses off and everyone else in the class is like "What?"

She was one of the best teachers ever, btw.

Gagsquet
Dec 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM
So smart this miffedmax... Just too bright for the average joe.

Flavia P.
Dec 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM
A lot of the things that we did as kid then would get us arrested these days and thrown in juvenile prison.