PDA

View Full Version : Peak Azarenka v. Peak Jankovic v. Peak Wozniacki...... Who would win

JJ all the way
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Who would win?

doktor
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Empress mastered the art of shit forehand amazing backhand, those other scrubs are just pretenders.

JCTennisFan
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Jankovic.

When she was at her peak... she had no real blatant weakness. Decent though not overpowering serve.... insanely good backhand (arguably the best of her generation when she was at peak), wonky looking but effective forehand (think Evert), insanely good defense, and a great ability to bring defense to offense.

Sadly Jankovic's peak was not long enough and mentally she seemed to lack that killer instinct. But when it came to her game.... it was quite well rounded and hard to break open.

Stonerpova
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Jankovic was the best player of the three but the weakest mentally. Let's say this is a round robin format, Azarenka goes 2-0, Jankovic 1-1 (beats Woz but loses to Azarenka), and Woz goes 0-2.

NashaMasha
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Woz has winning h2h against both of them. Moreover even as a teenager Caro managed to win sets playing vs peak Jankovic

M.P
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Peak JJ is the best out of 3

Miss Atomic Bomb
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:44 AM
A baby Wozniacki took peak 2008 us open jankovoc to three sets. Peak Wozniacki would easily humiliate peak jankovoc on all surfaces baring red clay.

Peak Azarenka vs peak Wozniacki will be interesting. Azarenka has played peak Wozniacki in 2010, and the match was one of the worst of the year. Azarenka on all surfaces except fast hc

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using VerticalSports.Com App

Miss Atomic Bomb
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Jankovic.

When she was at her peak... she had no real blatant weakness.

Is this some kind of an unfunny joke? Peak jankovic had a fair amount of weaknesses in her game, in fact she had no real strengths apart from her side to side movement and her backhand down the line (which is just one shot). She was a good opportunist who made a career out of the injuries, comebacks and retirements of other players.

Peak jankovic has a weak second serve, a weak forehand, weaker back to front movement, no net game whatsoever, no idea of what to do once she is inside the baseline, barely any penetrative on her shots, no variety to compensate for the lack of aggressive game plan.

Her backhand cc was good but not amazing, backhand dtl was great but given her lack of any other weapon it was praised to the high heavens and overhyped to make her seem somewhat competent as the #1

dsanders06
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Jankovic.

When she was at her peak... she had no real blatant weakness. Decent though not overpowering serve.... insanely good backhand (arguably the best of her generation when she was at peak), wonky looking but effective forehand (think Evert), insanely good defense, and a great ability to bring defense to offense.
Sadly Jankovic's peak was not long enough and mentally she seemed to lack that killer instinct. But when it came to her game.... it was quite well rounded and hard to break open.

Not this mythologising again :haha:

Peak Azarenka shits all over Peak Jankovic, who in turn shits all over Peak Wozniacki. Peak Azarenka vs Peak Wozniacki would be very amusing viewing as Woz would get utterly schooled on all surfaces by pretty much the worst match-up for her on the WTA.

A bby Wozniacki took peak 2008 us open jankovoc to three sets. Peak Wozniacki would easily humiliate peak jankovoc on all surfaces baring red clay.

Peak Azarenka vs peak Wozniacki will be interesting. Azarenka has played peak Wozniacki in 2010, and the match was one of the worst of the year. Azarenka on all surfaces except fast hc

And equally, past-peak Jankovic gave Peak Wozniacki an utter beatdown in 2010.

chingching
Nov 26th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Azarenka at her best simply doesn't miss. That's how she tarred apart Aga this year :) She would beat them all, Jankovic in 3 :D

danieln1
Nov 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Jj

StoneRose
Nov 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM
!? Vika is way stronger than the other 2.

Pops Maellard
Nov 26th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I think Jaja.

GOATdin0931
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Caro! :rocker:

homogenius
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Jelena had better movement and better defense than the other 2.Her bh was a bigger weapon than anything the other 2 have to propose, and on contrary to what some trolls said, her fh was not that weak when she was at her peak.The way she was able to change direction so easily (especially to play dtl)was great to watch.
Peak JJ vs peak Vika would have been interesting to watch.Woz doesn't belong in the discussion imho.

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Peak Vika and we've yet to see the peak Vika.:cheer:

The other two confirmed we've seen their peaks.:oh:

JCTennisFan
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Is this some kind of an unfunny joke? Peak jankovic had a fair amount of weaknesses in her game, in fact she had no real strengths apart from her side to side movement and her backhand down the line (which is just one shot). She was a good opportunist who made a career out of the injuries, comebacks and retirements of other players.

Peak jankovic has a weak second serve, a weak forehand, weaker back to front movement, no net game whatsoever, no idea of what to do once she is inside the baseline, barely any penetrative on her shots, no variety to compensate for the lack of aggressive game plan.

Her backhand cc was good but not amazing, backhand dtl was great but given her lack of any other weapon it was praised to the high heavens and overhyped to make her seem somewhat competent as the #1

Not this mythologising again :haha:

Peak Azarenka shits all over Peak Jankovic, who in turn shits all over Peak Wozniacki. Peak Azarenka vs Peak Wozniacki would be very amusing viewing as Woz would get utterly schooled on all surfaces by pretty much the worst match-up for her on the WTA.

And equally, past-peak Jankovic gave Peak Wozniacki an utter beatdown in 2010.

ia7g-fM7pUs

Poor net play and unsoft hands? :13, :18, 2:58, 3:39.

Not arguably in contention for the best BH of her generation? :58 (Fucking insane! backhand... jaw dropping), :33 (3 BHs in a row ending the point), 1:31.

Craptastic forehand? The last 3 strokes (all forehands) ending in 1:28 with a BH error into the net from Serena, 1:46 outright FH winner (Serena didnt even move for it...), 1:52 forced Serena error off of great DTL FH, 3:57.

Not a strong return of serve? 2:00 (did she really just do that to a Serena serve? Yup), 4:00 (did she just do it a second time? Yup)

2:16 huge BH return and then closed with a big Forehand.

Do I really need to go on? Thats less than halfway through the highlights of the match up until the end of the first set.

To say that Jankovic was not a powerhouse at peak is just ludicrous.

I honestly believe that this thumping of a defeat to Serena (the defending AO champ at the time....) was largely why JJ lost to her later that year at the US open. As we all know Serena really puts on the heat when she loses to someone in the fashion she did here.

As a side note... I really friggin miss this Jankovic! To think that Ivanovic got a slam and JJ doubtfully will is sad to me. I wish JJ had not lost her brain and had kept her form.... its a sad thing to see her condition now in comparison.

PMBH
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Woz undoubtedly has the largest capability of the three. But she has to get out of her slump and prove it in 2013.

NashaMasha
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:03 PM
it looks like JJ is highly overrated here

JJ all the way
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM

ugh you are so pathetic ......
it is one thing to dislike a player and even troll on them
you are just another level........ you act as though jelena stole from you.

Jack.
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
The only thing I can think about is who would win in a volley-off between JJ and Wozniacki....
But peak Vika anyway.

Carlsbadwanska
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Which player of this 3 has the best H2H against Williams sisters?

evana
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM

This. Peak JJ :worship:

Jane Lane
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Woz undoubtedly has the largest capability of the three. But she has to get out of her slump and prove it in 2013.

:haha:

Brad[le]y.
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:13 PM

If she did, then she would have proven it when she was at her best. The other two accomplished much more with greater competition.

Voting for Jecalena out of complete bias.

Carlsbadwanska
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:17 PM
This. Peak JJ :worship:

So she will win this. It`s really easy.

supertiebreak
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Peak Vika > Peak JJ > Peak Woz

Natural Joe
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Your point is? :confused: This thread is about who would win if Caro, JJ and Vika played against each other, not against the Williams sisters. Or would you say that Peak Jankovic is also better than, lets say, peak Sharapova just because she has a better H2H against the WS?

Patrick345
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:47 PM
The only thing I can think about is who would win in a volley-off between JJ and Wozniacki....

:haha: :help:

Those two. JJ´s backhand volley is actually decent, but the forehand volley is probably the single worst shot in the top 100. :sad:

Stevecw
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Peak JJ was best of these 3 for sure.

Ana'sProcess
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Azarenka, her agressive tennis *at her peak* is too much to handle for Jankovic and Wozniacki.

Arthur.
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Peak means the highest level that a player is able to produce, right?
I don't think that Azarenka has still come to her Peak. She is very young, and she is progressing month by month in every aspect of her game, starting from her mentality, which passed from the thing to work more, on one of the solid aspects of her game and personality. For example, I did not think that Victoria could have won a Grand Slam or coming to #1 in 2011, but this happened. Next year she could, and probably she will, be better than now, and maybe she will be too strong for other players, Serena Williams included. This is really early to say, but we can't know. That is why I bar Peak Azarenka, simply because she has still to happen in my opinion. So it is almost a poll between the other two options here.
As for Jankovic and Wozniacki, they have almost equal games, but it is fair to assume that Jankovic at her Peak was better than Wozniacki at her Peak in every aspect: the backhand, the movement, the serve, the mentality. Although Wozniacki is younger than Jankovic, I don't see her improving to the point of becoming better than Jankovic at her Peak; seeing as fast as she is regressing, the real question is: will she ever return to her Peak?
For all these reasons, I vote for Jankovic :D

borrowedheaven
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:52 PM
And the myth of Jankovic lives on. Vika easily.

slamchamp
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Peak Azarenka hellooooo

Viktymise
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Peak Azarenka from AO this year.

Peak Junkovic would routine Peak Failniacki, though.

Renalicious
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Peak JJ has the best defence of the three of them and the 2nd best attack.
Vika has the best attack but the worst defence. Caro has the 2nd best defence and the worst attack.

Jaja Wins :cheer:

Antoshka
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Peak Empress :yeah:

Mynarco
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Peak azarenka >>>>>>>>>> peak JJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>peak la Borz

Smitten
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Borz > both except on clay.

JoPova
Nov 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Peak Azarenka wins on every surface, except for clay, where Peak Jankovic is superior.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:05 PM
JJ > Vika > Caro

SoClose
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM
JJ>Vika>Caro

JJ all the way
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Haha i think im the only soul on earth who thinks peak caro can handle peak vika
JJ>Caro>Vika for me

Roookie
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Azarenka, her agressive tennis *at her peak* is too much to handle for Jankovic and Wozniacki.

LOL

Peak JJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Generation S.H.I.T.

dsanders06
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Peak JJ has the best defence of the three of them and the 2nd best attack.
Vika has the best attack but the worst defence. Caro has the 2nd best defence and the worst attack.

Jaja Wins :cheer:

But Azarenka's defence is much better than JJ's attack :shrug:

JCTennisFan
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM
But Azarenka's defence is much better than JJ's attack :shrug:

no... I dont believe so.

If JJ can take control of the rallies from Serena Williams then she sure as hell could take control of the rallies from Azarenka.

The Williams sisters proved that a mixture of good offense + good defense = a hard to beat combination.

JJ is by far the most well-rounded of the three and thus is more versatile.

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Azarenka definitely. Azarenka is just so much better than these girls. She can run down every ball like Wozniacki but she can return them with power:shrug:. Jankovic is useless :shrug:.

JCTennisFan
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Azarenka definitely. Azarenka is just so much better than these girls. She can run down every ball like Wozniacki but she can return them with power:shrug:. Jankovic is useless :shrug:.

JJ at peak could run down the ball a heck of alot better than Azarenka. In addition JJ was very crafty with her defense... using the forehand slice when pulled out wide very well (something many of the top Men do...).

And she could hit the ball nearly as hard as Azarenka and also could produce alot of variety with spins in her strokes... especially the forehand (oddly enough..).

I sit down and watch the 08 AO against Serena and keep asking myself "who in the hell told JJ she needed MORE power on her groundstrokes?" Because she sure as heck had enough pop on them at that point in time.....

Lilowannabe
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I'd take Vika, although it's incredibly tight between her and Jankovic.

Have to say I disagree with the Jankovic backhand fandom, I mean she had an insane down-the-line BH, but it was wasn't nearly as spectacular cross court or angled :confused: I actually think Vikas is backhand is the better weapon

Brad[le]y.
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:33 PM
JJ at peak could run down the ball a heck of alot better than Azarenka. In addition JJ was very crafty with her defense... using the forehand slice when pulled out wide very well (something many of the top Men do...).

And she could hit the ball nearly as hard as Azarenka and also could produce alot of variety with spins in her strokes... especially the forehand (oddly enough..).

I sit down and watch the 08 AO against Serena and keep asking myself "who in the hell told JJ she needed MORE power on her groundstrokes?" Because she sure as heck had enough pop on them at that point in time.....

To be fair, Serena did play a shit match in that AO QF but JJ did well to take advantage despite being injured herself.

I think her Stuttgart match against Venus was much better.

Lilowannabe
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:35 PM

Not a great example, given how flat serena was in that match. Anyone would look impressive against Quarterena just stroking the ball back in play....

JCTennisFan
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I'd take Vika, although it's incredibly tight between her and Jankovic.

Have to say I disagree with the Jankovic backhand fandom, I mean she had an insane down-the-line BH, but it was wasn't nearly as spectacular cross court or angled :confused: I actually think Vikas is backhand is the better weapon

it was the disguise that made it so good.

She does not change the grip from her forehand to her backhand... also she can produce a CC or DTL with the same stroke production.... alot of times you did not know which way she was going to go with it until it was too late.

Alot of why Serena's Serve is so good is because she can hit all corners of the service box with the same toss... making it very hard to guess where she is going with it. It was a similar story with JJ's BH when at peak.

dsanders06
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:37 PM
no... I dont believe so.

If JJ can take control of the rallies from Serena Williams then she sure as hell could take control of the rallies from Azarenka.

The Williams sisters proved that a combination of good offense + good defense = a hard to gamestyle.

JJ is by far the most well-rounded of the three and thus is more versatile.

Jankovic never took control of any rallies against Serena. :lol: She had success against her because of how superbly she defended, but she was always outwinnered heavily by Serena, even in the matches she won.

Azarenka has gotten multiple wins over Sharapova and almost beat Serena in a Grand Slam final by using a counterpunching strategy. When has Jankovic ever gotten big wins by using a primarily attacking strategy? All I can think of is her annihilation of Venus in Rome in 2010, and even that's debateable whether that could be classed as a primarily offensive strategy. Azarenka is clearly the better-rounded player imo.

JCTennisFan
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Not a great example, given how flat serena was in that match. Anyone would look impressive against Quarterena just stroking the ball back in play....

She didnt look too flat to me :shrug: .

JJ just didnt give her any opportunity. She shut Serena down (especially her serve... which as we know is crucial to Serena's success) before Serena could get any sort of momentum going.

Similar to how Kimmie shut Serena down at the 09 US open.

Lilowannabe
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:39 PM
y.;22524284']To be fair, Serena did play a shit match in that AO QF but JJ did well to take advantage despite being injured herself.

I think her Stuttgart match against Venus was much better.

This.

Probably the best match to demonstrate a great counter puncher taking down a big hitter. Jankovic defence, and ability to change the ball direction was amazing at her peak

JCTennisFan
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:50 PM
qXUqmZkfX0U

THIS is a flat Serena Williams....

Lilowannabe
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:58 PM
She didnt look too flat to me :shrug: .

JJ just didnt give her any opportunity. She shut Serena down (especially her serve... which as we know is crucial to Serena's success) before Serena could get any sort of momentum going.

Similar to how Kimmie shut Serena down at the 09 US open.

Seriously! Many, many people have said how woeful serena was. She was so flat-footed, and was just stroking the ball into play, no conviction.

As someone else pointed out (along with the fact serena played like crap) jelena vs Venus Stuttgart 08 is a far better example of peak jelena countering a bigger hitter

Lilowannabe
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM
it was the disguise that made it so good.

She does not change the grip from her forehand to her backhand... also she can produce a CC or DTL with the same stroke production.... alot of times you did not know which way she was going to go with it until it was too late.

Alot of why Serena's Serve is so good is because she can hit all corners of the service box with the same toss... making it very hard to guess where she is going with it. It was a similar story with JJ's BH when at peak.

Yes definately agree she had great disguise, but her CC backhand just didn't get through the court like DTL. She didn't seem to get great width either, though her DTL was so crisp and precise.

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM

I disagree. When Vika is on she can run down every ball as well. And their AO 2008 match cannot be taken as an example to prove a point simply because Serena was mediocre in that match, and even though JJ did well to move her around and to hit some pretty impressive DTL backhand shots Rena was just awful. She wasn't hitting with that much of a power and intent.

GAGAlady
Nov 27th, 2012, 11:33 PM
First of all whoever says h2h vs Williams sister doesn't matter is an idiot.

Yes it does matter! Why does it matter? Because I'll tell u why, they are better than everyone else, that's why. Beating them is the hallmark of tennis and if u beat them consistently that means your doing something special yourself, if u can't see that ur retarded.

So yes, jelena beating Venus and Serena many more times than the other two does matter, it matters very much, and to be honest, the other girks can't beat Venus or Serena especially because they lack the skills Jankovic has that allowed her to beat them so many times. That's the perfect balance of defense and offense which at her peak made jelena the complete players.

Jeffery
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Peak JJ

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1184716_o.gif

Alejandrawrrr
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:59 AM
First of all whoever says h2h vs Williams sister doesn't matter is an idiot.

Yes it does matter! Why does it matter? Because I'll tell u why, they are better than everyone else, that's why. Beating them is the hallmark of tennis and if u beat them consistently that means your doing something special yourself, if u can't see that ur retarded.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ks8nbrt8oK1qao42so1_250.gif
V&S aren't the only players out there that matter you know. First of all, matchups are different for everyone. It's not like Capriati who was 7-10 against Serena is in any way better than someone like Davenport or Seles simply because a H2H against ONE player. Yeah Jankovic has solid H2Hs against the Williamses, but she has a dire 0-10 H2H against Henin, a player who was MUCH more relevant during most of Jankovic's peak years on tour. Against Kim she's 1-7, and against Sharapova she's 1-5. That's fucking awful. Against the same players Vika is 0-0, 3-4 and 7-3, which isn't stellar, but considerably better. Against eachother Vika leads 4-3 with 2 of Jankovic's wins in 07, when Vika was about 18 and one of which where she was ranked world #94 :shrug:

And to your statement "they are better than everyone else" Absolute DEATH @ you thinking the Venus of 06-10(the one Jankovic was beating) is a big achievement. I mean didn't Pironkova go 3-0 against her in this period :lol: It's not like Jelena accomplished these H2Hs against the Williamses in 2002 :rolls:

So yes, jelena beating Venus and Serena many more times than the other two does matter, it matters very much, and to be honest, the other girks can't beat Venus or Serena especially because they lack the skills Jankovic has that allowed her to beat them so many times. That's the perfect balance of defense and offense which at her peak made jelena the complete players.

The skills involved in beating two aggressive baseliners(V&S) are utterly meaningless when discussing how said player matches up against an aggressive counterpuncher and a defensive counterpuncher.

Anyway to answer the poll question it's gotta be Vika. But TF seems to look on the past with a rose-colored glass, where any player who peaked a couple of years ago hit some godly form that no one in the current game can match. Probably because the matches fade out of our memory and all we have are highlights, which make everyone look better than they are. Jankovic was good in 2008 and would probably be #4 in 2012, rightfully behind the big three. I mean people talked about her then the same way they talk about Wozniacki, but fast forward four years and TF historians would have you believe she was some complete, all court player a la Peak Hand or something :haha:

JarkaFish
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:38 AM
We've not seen Peak Azarenka or Peak Wozniacki yet.

viktory
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:17 AM
V&S aren't the only players out there that matter you know. First of all, matchups are different for everyone. It's not like Capriati who was 7-10 against Serena is in any way better than someone like Davenport or Seles simply because a H2H against ONE player. Yeah Jankovic has solid H2Hs against the Williamses, but she has a dire 0-10 H2H against Henin, a player who was MUCH more relevant during most of Jankovic's peak years on tour. Against Kim she's 1-7, and against Sharapova she's 1-5. That's fucking awful. Against the same players Vika is 0-0, 3-4 and 7-3, which isn't stellar, but considerably better. Against eachother Vika leads 4-3 with 2 of Jankovic's wins in 07, when Vika was about 18 and one of which where she was ranked world #94 :shrug:

And to your statement "they are better than everyone else" Absolute DEATH @ you thinking the Venus of 06-10(the one Jankovic was beating) is a big achievement. I mean didn't Pironkova go 3-0 against her in this period :lol: It's not like Jelena accomplished these H2Hs against the Williamses in 2002 :rolls:

The skills involved in beating two aggressive baseliners(V&S) are utterly meaningless when discussing how said player matches up against an aggressive counterpuncher and a defensive counterpuncher.

Anyway to answer the poll question it's gotta be Vika. But TF seems to look on the past with a rose-colored glass, where any player who peaked a couple of years ago hit some godly form that no one in the current game can match. Probably because the matches fade out of our memory and all we have are highlights, which make everyone look better than they are. Jankovic was good in 2008 and would probably be #4 in 2012, rightfully behind the big three. I mean people talked about her then the same way they talk about Wozniacki, but fast forward four years and TF historians would have you believe she was some complete, all court player a la Peak Hand or something :haha:

great post . Absolutely agree.

Temperenka
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:34 AM
It's hard ot say right now. Peak JJ seems so long ago. :lol:

In RR format, I think Woz goes 0-2. However, the Jankovic-Azarenka match-up would be quite close I think. Peak JJ was a bit more well-rounded ( because Peak Vika's serve is poor) but Vika would easily have the edge mentally.

I think Peak Vika beats Peak JJ 6-4 in the third.

andyjason
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Peak Woz cannot even catch up with the other two

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Yeah Jankovic has solid H2Hs against the Williamses, but she has a dire 0-10 H2H against Henin, a player who was MUCH more relevant during most of Jankovic's peak years on tour. Against Kim she's 1-7, and against Sharapova she's 1-5. That's fucking awful. Against the same players Vika is 0-0, 3-4 and 7-3, which isn't stellar, but considerably better.

0-0 , 3-4 and 7-5

Hardiansf
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:33 AM
It's hard ot say right now. Peak JJ seems so long ago. :lol:

In RR format, I think Woz goes 0-2. However, the Jankovic-Azarenka match-up would be quite close I think. Peak JJ was a bit more well-rounded ( because Peak Vika's serve is poor) but Vika would easily have the edge mentally.

I think Peak Vika beats Peak JJ 6-4 in the third.
Why do I think that it will be last 1-1 for all players :tape:
It's simply because the match ups.
Vika will beat JJ, JJ beat Caro, and Caro beat Vika :eek:
But overall, the best player is Azarenka

MaBaker
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Peak Jelena wins them all. At the same time. We just need her to peak finally.

dsanders06
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:08 PM

Don't think you can slip in this shade and have noone notice :lol: Vika is 7-5 against Maria (with the theoretical chance of it being levelled during the Australian season :oh: ).

But yes, otherwise I agree with everything. Particular lol to the poster saying "none of the other 2 players could beat either Williams sister"; as if Azarenka wouldn't've been beating Venus over and over again in recent years :haha:

Break My Rapture
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM
The answer is obvious enough. Azarenka was, is and will always be better than the other two. Jankovic's BH is the most overrated shot in recent years.

Nicolás89
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Jankovic peak wasn't that impressive. Caro's wasn't either but I think she still has a little extra to show us. Azarenka's is definitely the most impressive and we are yet to see more but that serve needs major improvement.

Optima
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Peak JJ is not 2008, though that version was really good. Peak JJ is US Open 2006 when she was demolishing Justine at the net before her mind flew off its hinges, where JJ had also demolished Dementieva the match before. There were glimpses of it again in 2010 - those Wickmayer/Venus matches in Rome and that Alona Bondarenko match at Wimbledon. Stunning play. I'd say a peak JJ/peak Vika match would be a tossup the majority of the time.

Blu€
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I'd say the player who has a winning record against the other two :tennis:

JCTennisFan
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Yes definately agree she had great disguise, but her CC backhand just didn't get through the court like DTL. She didn't seem to get great width either, though her DTL was so crisp and precise.

Her CC wasnt bad.... though she didnt get quite as much of an angle as say a Kimmie backhand.

One of the areas where she made up for this though is her ability to hit inside out on both wings. Her inside out forehand was surprisingly good as well as her inside out BH.

The girl could change the direction of the ball quite wonderfully.

She is only 27 so there is still hope for her.... but its gotta be soon or never.

JCTennisFan
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Jelena Jankowitch is overrated. The only reason she is worshipped on here is because she has infested the minds of the tennisforum with pictures of herself changing her underwear and other sorcery.

Peak Wozniacki easily. Caro would moonball 99% of the tour to death, after having sex with Rory of course. She better not overdose on the sweets, though, or it would be too much physical work.

Conchita Martinez knew how to moonball (which can actually be a very effective strategy if properly executed... especially on clay)

A forehand that hits on the service line and sits up instead of goes through the court.... thats not a "moonball"..... thats just a crappy forehand.

Sammo
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Tennis

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/619d6315f5806b69aa4fd6b418d91bea7930b4bc_m.gif

gc-spurs
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Peak Azarenka def both

jaredlikesbieber
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:50 AM
not the vulture wozniacki that's for sure.

Direwolf
Sep 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Wozniacki>Azarenka>>Jankovic

ivanban
Sep 14th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Jelenka is easily better

http://i.imgur.com/TOHSEwP.gif?1

garwe
Sep 15th, 2013, 01:40 AM
It doesn't matter how many matches Azarenka wins. She will apparently always be underrated on this forum. It is fine though, as this will not have any influence over the real results in the coming years.

Jankovic and Wozniacki are great players, but they will continue to be placed between 5-15 in the rankings, while Azarenka continues to challenging for the big titles.

VeeJJ
Sep 15th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Peak Jelena's serve is soooo much better than Azarenka's. And her ROS is equally as good. Jelena loves playing a good power player and Jelena moves better around the court by miles. This match would be three sets for sure. Out of 10 matches I see JJ pullin away 10-6. The most underestimated thing in this thread that I honestly read through hence not seen is that Peak JJ was an EXCELLENT big match player.

Panther24
Sep 15th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Peak Azarenka hands down.

The other two will just be spectators even if they're at their peak.

caroalltheway
Sep 15th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Peak Wozniacki obviously. She finished #1 2 straight years which means she was the best player on Earth for 2 straight years. The other 2 could neva.

Ana'sProcess
Sep 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Azarenka>>>Jankovic>Wozniacki

Alexandros
Sep 15th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Slight edge to peak jankovic. She moved better around the court and her serve was much better

VeeJJ
Sep 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Slight edge to peak jankovic. She moved better around the court and her serve was much better

Pretty much sums it up.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Sep 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Vika

JJelicious
Sep 15th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Vika
:spit:
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/Associatedbre/JejaBepaD.gif

Lady JaJa >>>>>Azarenka >>>> Wozniacki

Silent Bird
Sep 15th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Vika for sure. She's the strongest one.

AcesHigh
Sep 15th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Jelena moves better, serves better and has about the same punch in her shots.

dsanders06
Sep 15th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Jelena moves better, serves better and has about the same punch in her shots.

:unsure: Really, really not.

Plus, even whether she has a better serve is debateable. When Jankovic was generally at her peak in 2007-08, her serve was just as useless as Azarenka's is. Jankovic's serve now is better than Aza's, but I presume by "peak Jankovic", we mean when her game in reality was at its peak, not that we're creating some fictional Jankovic where she has her 2007-08 movement/defence simultaneously with her 2011-13 serve, when in reality she never had both of those things at the same time.

BigBreak
Sep 15th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Peak Victoria, without a doubt. It was the "OFF-SEASON" when I chatted with her on ICQ, I even kept the chat transcript. :D

Hamilton: Hello sweet thang. What do you look like?

Victoria: I am wearing a white silk blouse, a mini skirt and high heels. I work out everyday, I'm toned and perfect. My measurements are 36c-24-36. What do you look like?

Hamilton: I'm 6'3 and about 250 lbs. I wear glasses and I have on a pair of blue sweat pants that I just bought at Walmart. I'm wearing a t-shirt with a few spots of barbecue sauce on it from dinner...it smells funny.

Victoria: I want you! Would you like to screw me?

Hamilton: OK

Victoria: We're in my bedroom. Theres soft music playing in the stereo and candles on my dresser and night table. I'm looking up into your eyes, smiling. My hand works its way down to your crotch and begins to fondle your huge, swelling bulge.

Hamilton: I'm gulping. I'm begining to sweat.

Victoria: I'm pulling up your shirt and kissing your chest.

Hamilton: Now I'm unbuttoning your blouse. My hands are trembling.

Victoria: I'm moaning softly.

Hamilton: I'm taking hold of your blouse and sliding it off slowly.

Victoria: I'm throwing my head back in pleasure. The cool silk slides off my warm skin. I'm rubbing your bulge faster, pulling and rubbing.

Hamilton: My hand suddenly jerks spastically and accidently rips a hole in your blouse. I'm sorry

Victoria: That's OK, it wasn't really too expensive.

Hamilton: I'll pay for it.

Victoria: Don't worry about it. I'm wearing a lacy black bra. My soft breasts are rising and falling, as I breathe harder and harder.

Hamilton: I'm fumbling with the clasp on your bra. I think it's stuck. Do you have any scissors?

Victoria: I take your hand and kiss it softly. I'm reaching back undoing the clasp. The bra slides off my body. The air caresses my breasts. My nipples are errect for you.

Hamilton: How did you do that? I'm picking up the bra and inspecting the clasp.

Victoria: I'm arching my back. Oh baby. I just want to feel your tongue all over me.

Hamilton: I'm dropping the bra. Now I'm licking your...you know, breasts. Their neat!

Victoria: I'm running my fingers through your hair. Now I'm nibbling your ear.

Hamilton: I suddenly sneeze. Your breasts are covered with spit and phlegm.

Victoria: What?

Hamilton: I'm so sorry; really!

Victoria: I'm wiping your phlegm off my breasts with the remains of my blouse.

Hamilton: I'm taking the sopping wet blouse from you. I drop it with a plop.

Victoria: OK. I'm pulling your sweat pants off and rubbing your hard tool.

Hamilton: Yeeeeeeee! I'm screaming like a woman! Your hands are cold.

Victoria: I'm pulling up my mini skirt. Take off my panties.

Hamilton: I'm pulling off your panties. My tongue is going all over, in and out nibbling on you...um....wait a minute.

Victoria: What's the matter?

Hamilton: I've got a pubic hair caught in my throat. I'm choking.

Victoria: Are you OK?

Hamilton: I'm having a coughing fit. I'm turning all red.

Victoria: Can I help?

Hamilton I'm running to the kitchen, choking wildly. I'm fumbling through the cabinets, looking for a cup. Where do you keep the cups?

Victoria: In the cabinet to the right of the sink.

Hamilton: I'm drinking a cup of water. There, that's better.

Victoria: Come back to me, lover.

Hamilton: I'm washing the cup now.

Victoria: I'm on the bed aching for you.

Hamilton: I'm drying the cup and putting it back in the cabinet. Now I'm walking back to the bedroom. Wait, its dark. I'm lost. Where is the bedroom?

Victoria: Last door on the left at the end of the hall.

Hamilton: I found it.

Victoria: I'm tugging off your pants. I'm moaning. i want you so badly.

Hamilton: Me too!

Victoria: Your pants are off. I kiss you passionately. Our naked bodies pressing against each other.

Hamilton: Your face is pushing my glasses into my face. It hurts.

Victoria: Why don't you take off your glasses?

Hamilton: OK, but I don't see very well without them. I place them on the night table.

Victoria: I'm bending over the bed. Give it to me, baby!

Hamilton: I have to pee. I'm fumbling my way blindly accross the room and toward the bathroom.

Victoria: Hurry back lover!

Hamilton: I find the bathroom and it's dark. I'm feeling around for the toilet. I lift the lid.

Victoria: I'm waiting eagerly for your return!

Hamilton: I'm done going. I'm feeling around for the flush handle, but I can't find it. Uh-oh!

Victoria: What's the matter now?

Hamilton: I've realized that I've peed into your laundry hamper. Sorry again. I'm walking back to the bedroom now, blindly feeling my way.

Victoria: Mmmmmmm, yes, come on now.

Hamilton: OK, now I'm going to put my....uhhh....thing...into your....you know...woman thing.

Victoria: YES! Do it baby! Ohhhhh yes!!!

Hamilton: I'm touching your smooth butt. It feels nice. I kiss your neck.

Victoria: Oooooh God!

Hamilton:Um, I'm having a little trouble here.

Victoria: I'm moving my ass back and forth, moaning. I can't stand it another second! Slide in, fuck me now!!!!

Hamilton: I'm flaccid.

Victoria: What?

Hamilton: I'm limp. I can't sustain an errection.

Victoria: I'm standing up and turning around with an incredulous look on my face.

Hamilton: I'm shrugging with a sad look on my face, my weiner all floppy. I'm going to get my glasses and see what's wrong.

Victoria: No, never mind. I'm getting dressed. I'm putting on my wet, nasty blouse.

Hamilton: No, wait! Now I'm squinting, trying to find the night table. I'm feeling along ther dresser, knocking over cans of hairspray and your candles.

Victoria: I'm buttoning my blouse, pulling on my mini skirt and now I'm putting on my shoes.

Hamilton: I've found my glasses. I'm putting them on. My God! One of your candles fell on the curtain. The curtain is on fire. I'm pointing at it, a shocked look on my face.

Victoria: Go to Hell! I'm LOGGING-OFF, you loser!

Hamilton: Now the carpet is on fire. Oh noooooo!

Victoria: Has left ICQ chat.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 15th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Peak Azarenka followed by JJ.

JJ Expres
Sep 16th, 2013, 12:20 AM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/527/proba2x.jpg

The answer is obvious :P

charmedRic
Sep 16th, 2013, 12:52 AM
These 3 at peak would distort the fabric of space & time, and end tennis.

LUVMIRZA
Sep 16th, 2013, 01:02 AM
comparing slamless peasants to a multi slam champion...not cool at all.

GOyoungUSA
Sep 20th, 2013, 04:30 PM
17 year old azarenka demolished Jankovic 63 61 in 2006 on hardcourts but yes we should believe that this slamless joke fraud number 1 magically beats this multi slam champion in mystical hypothetic "peak" fantasyland.:lol:

their is no other answer.

kangwoo
Sep 20th, 2013, 06:01 PM
healthy vika will beat both slamless former #1...punchbag for vika

only injury vika going to lose to jankobic and cowoz

JJ Expres
Sep 20th, 2013, 06:54 PM
17 year old azarenka demolished Jankovic 63 61 in 2006 on hardcourts but yes we should believe that this slamless joke fraud number 1 magically beats this multi slam champion in mystical hypothetic "peak" fantasyland.:lol:

their is no other answer.

Beating Jelena during her( 10 losses )losing streak, so impressive :bowdown:

That being said i do think Azarenka peak > Jankovic peak, but however your argument is stupid.
Everyday you are proving that you are insecure little twat who just goes around and hate everyone. I didn't notice you supporting anyone TBH, why are you even on this forum just for hate??? Get a life..

The other example of insecure twat is just above me. Get a life as well...

Antoshka
Sep 21st, 2013, 06:54 AM

gurl check your brain, this thread is not a question about titles

JCTennisFan
Sep 21st, 2013, 06:58 AM
Regardless of which peak was best... it surely is a shame that Peak Jankovic never won a slam.

It is even more of a shame that we are forced to watch her current form....

How on Earth do you completely lose a groundgame? :sobbing:

LUVMIRZA
Sep 21st, 2013, 08:06 AM
gurl check your brain, this thread is not a question about titles

talk to me wen u get a brain first:wavey:

Alexandros
Sep 21st, 2013, 01:52 PM

So according to your logic Ivanovic would be greater than Dementieva or safina?