what match would it be and why?

Joe.
Nov 25th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Olympic Final.

Enough said really.

:sobbing:

Sammo
Nov 25th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Stosur def. Errani RG semifinal, can't believe tennis gods could allow this to happen

Slampova
Nov 25th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Australian Open Final so Vika would still be slamless :oh:

Evan James
Nov 25th, 2012, 08:46 PM
WTA Indian Wells Semifinal - Ivanovic vs Sharapova. Ivanovic had to retire due to injury, although she was playing great tennis. Before that match she defeated Bartoli and Wozniacki (both top 10 at the moment). Match finished 6-4 0-1 in Sharapova's favour.

ce
Nov 25th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Razzano def Serena

*Jool*
Nov 25th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Razzano-Serena

Setsuna.
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Shvedova vs Vinci USO R2. She could have made the SF if she won that match.

eDonkey
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:03 PM

How can you be so sure?:confused:

sweetpeas
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Razzano def Serena

legalise#
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Venus vs Kerber USO R2. :tears:

KeysisGOAT
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Olympic mixed Doubles final

For singles, I'd say Stosur vs Robson at USO.

For a non-Robson match, Serena vs Azarenka: USO. Partially because the reactions of Serena fans would have been fun to watch. But mostly because I cannot wait for the day when someone's able to step up to Serena and beat her when she's on form and allow for the question that Serena isn't the best player on tour any more. Dominance is boring.

nazzac
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:11 PM

This, or the Quarter Final against Kvitova at RG (where should would have deffo reached the semis)

TBF, he said she could not that she would. Also, he's right. This would have been her path, given all the other results stayed the same...

R3: Cibulkova- Slava, even in poor form still beat her easily
R4: Aga- Aga was not in good form, and Slava would have had a good chance going into that match
QF: Errani- Slava is a bad match-up for Errani, as proven by their Wimbledon encounter this year

Obviously, nothing is certain. Vinci was the main obsticle in the way of Slava having a good tournament, because Roberta was in great form leading into the tournament. But Slava's head prevented her from winning in the end

Setsuna.
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:13 PM

I'm not so sure but she had a great draw until the SF. Aga wasn't in good form back then and Errani isn't a problem for her at all on HC and grass. Plus she already beat Errani and Aga in a GS before so imo she missed a good chance to reach her 1st GS SF in USO this year.

Queen_Vee_92
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Venus vs Kerber at the USO followed by Vee vs Kerber at the games.

She could have made the semi's for sure had she won the Open match, and we'd have got to see Venus-Vika on grass and potentially another Vee/Rena centre court match had she beaten her at the Olympics :hearts:

rjd1111
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:20 PM
what match would it be and why?

I'd change only 1 game in a match actually.

Olympic Final.

Jimmie48
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:21 PM
USO final for sure... that wasn't how it was supposed to end.

Brad[le]y.
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Well JJ has lost so many matches this year I have no idea which journey women loss I want to take away.

I'll take Wimbledon '12 F. I was happy that Sarin won it in the end though :lol:

Miracle Worker
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Oudin - Jankovic in Birmingham :o

ShiftyFella
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:00 PM
AO\FO SF, Kvitty GOAT should've won those matches:o

Charlatan
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:06 PM

I know right? The Unbeatable Kvitty GOAT should've won every match she played. She is just literally better and more talented than everyone on tour.

petey_pan
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:13 PM
So many Sam matches I would want to change :facepalm: FO semi against Errani the biggest. I think Masha would have still won the final, but another GS final could have turned her year around.

legalise#
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Razzano def Serena

Razzano-Serena

Razzano def Serena

I thought this would be a good choice, but I didn't pick it because it turned out to be the best loss she ever had.

The year may not have panned out the way it did without it. Not even mad about the R1 record :lol:

Lighter
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:16 PM
1/4 USO Marion vs Masha : rain probably saved Masha.

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Razzano-Serena

+1.

Edy.
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Errani-Ivanovic

SV_Fan
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Venus v. Kerber

miffedmax
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I'd change one game in the USO final.

jameshazza
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Between AO final and OG final.

Stonerpova
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:24 PM
AO final for me. I can live with the Olympics.

Barktra
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Easy the AO sf, if Petra won that match I think her year could have been completely different :sobbing:

MrProdigy555
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I wouldn't change the Razzanno match...surprisingly. lol. Gave her motivation/drive.

Jane Lane
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Too easy.

KournikovaFan91
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:08 AM
USO - so the Vika haters would be even more pressed than they already are :oh:

égalité
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:27 AM
US Open Final :hysteric:

moodin0931
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Azarenka-Serena US Open :sobbing:

jaredlikesbieber
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:15 AM
us open final.

coolfish1103
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:25 AM
AO Clijsters def. Azarenka -or- AO Li def. Clijsters

Hardiansf
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Li - Clijsters
Venus - Kerber Olympic

brickhousesupporter
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:52 AM

For a non-Robson match, Serena vs Azarenka: USO. Partially because the reactions of Serena fans would have been fun to watch. But mostly because I cannot wait for the day when someone's able to step up to Serena and beat her when she's on form and allow for the question that Serena isn't the best player on tour any more. Dominance is boring.
Wait I thought she wasn't dominant.....she lost to Razzano

brickhousesupporter
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:55 AM
I wouldn't change the Razzanno match...surprisingly. lol. Gave her motivation/drive.
Same here......

I did not realize that the US Open final had so many people hot and bothered.....Interesting.

Stonerpova
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Same here......

I did not realize that the US Open final had so many people hot and bothered.....Interesting.

If my fave lost a slam final after serving for it I'd be pretty miffed too :lol:

sweetadri06
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Razzano-Serena
Venus-Kerber
Venus-Vesnina :(

Charlatan
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Ok, I have a genuine question to those Miss Unbeatable stans. Why are you guys so sure that she would beat Vika in the AO final easily? :confused:

Vartan
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:43 AM
AO final, IW final, Miami final, YEC final.

Christinawww
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:33 AM
US Open final

Yashal
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Sharapova-Cljsters QF at Olympics :sad:

then
all the matches Venus lost to Radwanska :sobbing:
Cibulkova-Azarenka 4R at FO :mad:
Shvedova-NaNa 4R at FO :facepalm:

skanky~skanketta
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I wish Cadantu had taken out Sharapova in the first round of RG.

Six Feet Under
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Bartoli - Sharapova US QF.

Marion was playing GOAT until the rain delay.

SVK
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:09 AM
It would be Brianti - Azarenka in RG. Nothing against Azarenka, I just enjoy LOL-ish results and that was close to it. I started watching at 7-6, 4-0 and it went downhill since that. That was the first match which came to my mind, I actually have no match of my faves I would like to change, it was an OK season, no heartbreaking loses or results I would change.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Olympic Final.

+1

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using VerticalSports.Com App

SilverPersian
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Hard to pick for Sam. In some ways, I guess I'd like her to have won Moscow.

Kəv.
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM
^ RG Semi and USO Quarters

Kəv.
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM
^ RG Semi and USO Quarters

bandabou
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Ok, I have a genuine question to those Miss Unbeatable stans. Why are you guys so sure that she would beat Vika in the AO final easily? :confused:

Is this really a question? Well, the most important reason is that Serena ain't no Maria Sharapova. :lol:
She don't walk around making a habit to lose big finals left and right.

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Olympic Final.

THIS. :worship: For starters.....

Stonerpova
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Really?... Representing your home country to the world and getting demolished 6-0 6-1.... :help: :help:
Better than losing 3 and 0 to Azarenka.

I'd take a slam over an Olympic medal. Plus it would have been such a statement if she had defeated the 2 best members of Gen Suck back to back to win that AO.

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Better than losing 3 and 0 to Azarenka.

Princess Vika is love. How can you not? :tears:

Carlsbadwanska
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Agnieszka - Roberta USO

Stonerpova
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Princess Vika is love. How can you not? :tears:

Babygirl I tried to like her. I really did. But I just can't bring myself to do it :lol:

Jajaloo
USO Final: Vika def. Serena

Ksenia.
Australian Open Final so Vika would still be slamless :oh:

Really? Vika being slamless over Masha having golden career slam? Looks like being a hater takes up more space in your brain than being a fan, huh? :o

So Olympic final for me.

viktory
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Really? Vika being slamless over Masha having golden career slam? Looks like being a hater takes up more space in your brain than being a fan, huh? :o

So Olympic final for me.

very well said. Although, i wouldn't change the end result. The GOAT lordrena deserved the gold. But i would have liked a respectable result.

Just Do It
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Oudin d. Jankovic in Birmingham final :spit:

Exordes
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:19 PM
US Open final

That was frustrating, but hopefully Vika will pick up her second Grand Slam victory in January 2013...

Shinjiro
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Errani Ivanovic at RG

Z1988
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
(1) S. Williams vs Razzano.

It might potentially changed the result of that tournament a lot; even though in a way this loss might actually motivate Serena even more to dominate the rest of the season though.

(2) V. Williams vs Kerber.

Just when Venus finally got all the support from Arthur Ashe stadium crowds....

ShiftyFella
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Because of H2H and Vika has really nothing to hurt her, also Petra has pretty good record at finals:worship:

saul1333
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM
USO final. This one will haunt me for a long time :(

SilverSlam
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:41 PM
For each one of my main faves.

Maria.
Honestly, Miami or YEC final. Miami because it's Radwanska and now she's 0-4 in Fs there. YEC F because it would have A) been against Serena and B) given her amazing confidence for the offseason.

Ana.
Errani match at RG. No doubt in my mind.

Vera.
Makarova match at AO. She hasn't played much else so it's hard to say.

Caro.
AO QF to Kim. She needed to at least make the SFs badly, and since then it's been a somewhat mediocre year.

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:43 PM

:hug:

Mistress of Evil
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Is this really a question? Well, the most important reason is that Serena ain't no Maria Sharapova. :lol:

Do you even acknowledge how much of an idiot you are?

If you actually stopped (just for a second) reducing everything to Maria vs Serena, you would have realised the obvious fact that 'Miss Unbeatable' referred to Petra Kvitova.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ad76xBo41qcmptjo1_500.gif

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Babygirl I tried to like her. I really did. But I just can't bring myself to do it :lol:

but she keeps the same noise :oh: it should be fine

doomsday
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

saul1333
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM
:hug:

:smooch: :)

Pain :sobbing:

Natural Joe
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:10 PM

+1 :sobbing:

nastya
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:24 PM

It still hurts :tears:

nastya
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:28 PM
And maybe not change outcome of the match, but prevent Petko's injury in Stuttgart

bandabou
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Do you even acknowledge how much of an idiot you are?

If you actually stopped (just for a second) reducing everything to Maria vs Serena, you would have realised the obvious fact that 'Miss Unbeatable' referred to Petra Kvitova.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ad76xBo41qcmptjo1_500.gif

Miss unbeatable? Since when is a player with one major miss unbeatable?! :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Miss unbeatable? Since when is a player with one major miss unbeatable?! :lol:

i think it was sarcasm in response to how some here reacted to her at the end of last season, even putting her above serena and peak pierce :lol: sickfalsetto wasn't being serious

Cajka
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:33 PM
AO final

debby
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Wimbledon 2010, Justine Henin vs Kim Clisjsters.

Wait ok this is not 2010... Hmmmm I would say USO final on women side, and Wimbledon final for Murray, but I am not sure he would have won the gold medal and the USO, had he won in Wimbly.

Stonerpova
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:19 PM
As a Serena fan I wouldn't touch the RG loss. She wouldn't have had the second half she did if it wasn't for that loss. She got fitter, stronger, and hungrier because of it. I'd pick the Miami loss to Woz because she would have A) beat Graf's record for Miami titles and B) saved that tournament from Radwanska.

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:30 PM
As a Serena fan I wouldn't touch the RG loss. She wouldn't have had the second half she did if it wasn't for that loss. She got fitter, stronger, and hungrier because of it. I'd pick the Miami loss to Woz because she would have A) beat Graf's record for Miami titles and B) saved that tournament from Radwanska.

you don't like my other girl Princess-in-training Aga either? :tears:

Start da Game
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:33 PM
sara errani should have somehow moonballed her way to the title and saved tennis......that is the only result i would change......

Charlatan
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM

Not everything revolves around Serena-Pova you know :facepalm:

Ok, I am the idiot for referring Kvitova as Miss Unbeatable. Not you :spit:

i think it was sarcasm in response to how some here reacted to her at the end of last season, even putting her above serena and peak pierce :lol: sickfalsetto wasn't being serious

Thank you :sobbing:

Brad[le]y.
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:04 PM

AO maybe but she was never in that RG SF. Martha was the better player from the very beginning.

evana
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Errani-Ivanovic RG :(

Sammo
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:07 PM
sara errani should have somehow moonballed her way to the title and saved tennis......that is the only result i would change......

Save tennis?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p18/LH2man/Funnees/gifs/cuckoo.gif

JustPetko
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Stuttgart R2. You know what and why :sobbing:

supertiebreak
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:47 PM
USO final... 2 points away :help:

sweetadri06
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM
USO final... 2 points away :help:

She never even got to matchpoint though. :shrug:

overrule
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Radwanska vs. Azarenka (any one of the five meetings)

Barktra
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Because it was like indoor conditions and Vika only loses to girls who just hit her off court. Petra has shown she can do that to Vika so that is why I think the reason

And why does this matter for this thread :rolleyes:

The 2nd Law
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:40 PM
The rest of the year would have been quite different IMO if Ana had finished Sara off at RG. Ana probably could have made the semis (quarters at least IMO) and would have re-entered the top 10. Would then not have drawn Vika at Wimbly ... butterfly effect :p

On the other hand, she might not have made her first qf in NY so whatevs.

I would just like to clarify that I'm picking this match for what it could've done for Ana, not for the effect it would've had on Sara's ranking (she probably wouldn't have made the YEC)

Honourable mentions: IW semi final g (Masha-Ana), Rome 3rd round (Masha-Ana), AO final, USO 4R (Petra-Marion)

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

fedhingis67
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I was gonna say Serena v. Razzano, but even if Serena had won that it wouldn't have guaranteed her taking the title. Plus we've all seen what she's accomplished since that loss.

I'd probably have to go with Kim v. Vika at the Australian Open. Vika had a tough time putting away a sub-par Kim, and Kim would have had a great chance at taking the title given how abysmal Maria was in that final.

Also Venus v. Kerber USO. Venus showed such great fight, something I haven't felt from her in so long.

rjd1111
Nov 27th, 2012, 12:29 AM
+1

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using VerticalSports.Com App

Not Quite

Maria looked hungry

rjd1111
Nov 27th, 2012, 12:35 AM

And just how would losing one match to anyone mean that

Serena isn't the best player?

KeysisGOAT
Nov 27th, 2012, 12:52 AM
And just how would losing one match to anyone mean that

Serena isn't the best player?

Serena is the best player on tour. No question about it. That's my problem with her. Dominance on that level is just not entertaining for me. If Azarenka had beaten Serena it would show that finally, there's someone on the tour that's capable of going up against Serena when she's in form at an event she's motivated to win and beat her. That makes the entire top of the tour a hell of a lot more interesting to me, just because the default answer to "who's going to win [insert Grandslam here]?" into an actual discussion rather than a foregone conclusion. I find the ATP dull for the same reason I'm not a fan of Serena, dominance by a small number of people is simply mindnumbingly dull.

As it stands, Serena is the boring invincible hero of the WTA. The undisputed best in the world, a dominant champion and incredibly dull because of it. When someone is able to beat her at her (current) best I may actually start following Serena more. However, this year it was not to be.

Stonerpova
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:28 AM
you don't like my other girl Princess-in-training Aga either? :tears:

Go with Pavs or Kvitova and I'm on board :lol:

hdfb
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Li-Clijsters match at AO. :sobbing:

brickhousesupporter
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:19 AM
The seething over the US Open final is unreal. I really had no idea.

Stonerpova
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:50 AM
The seething over the US Open final is unreal. I really had no idea.

No one is seething, dude. They're just sad.

MrProdigy555
Nov 27th, 2012, 04:01 AM
RG Final. :oh:

UDACHi
Nov 27th, 2012, 04:34 AM

seems crazy. :unsure:
anyway, olympic final. :lol:

SilverSlam
Nov 27th, 2012, 04:44 AM

Dead. Seems like your hate for Maria>your love for Serena. NID.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

netphobia
Nov 27th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Petra/Maria AO SF.

I feel like this year would have been so different for Petra if she hadn't lost that third set, oh my god. It's almost depressing to think about.

MrProdigy555
Nov 27th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Dead. Seems like your hate for Maria>your love for Serena. NID.

Bitch, shut up. My first comment in this thread was about Serena, so just shut the hell up. I don't even hate that giant heffa.

yoke
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Roland Garros final

UDACHi
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Bitch, shut up. My first comment in this thread was about Serena, so just shut the hell up. I don't even hate that giant heffa.

huge errani fan then? ;)

MrProdigy555
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:27 AM
huge errani fan then? ;)
Naw, I just rather have Maria without a careeer slam IF I had a choice. :lol:

Serena is sitting pretty with her Gold Medals and 2 Slams this year. No need to change any of her matches.

doomsday
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Naw, I just rather have Maria without a careeer slam IF I had a choice. :lol:

Tell us sth that we don't know.

stromatolite
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Stuttgart QF, Sharapova def. Stosur. I still think that was the match that decided who would dominate on clay this year.

SilverSlam
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Stuttgart QF, Sharapova def. Stosur. I still think that was the match that decided who would dominate on clay this year.

Yes and no. Sam should NOT have lost to Errani. She produced arguably her biggest non-final headcase performance to lose after winning the second set so convincingly. It was painful to watch.

StoneRose
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:23 AM
USO final obviously. Not that i think Serena didn't deserve the win in the end but still....

Trickle
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Sloane Stephens vs Petra Cetkovska at Wimbledon.

Edit: No actually, scratch that Petra Cetkovska vs Mathilde Johansson at RG. The cynic in me still thinks that was a family decision. :sobbing:

stromatolite
Nov 27th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Yes and no. Sam should NOT have lost to Errani. She produced arguably her biggest non-final headcase performance to lose after winning the second set so convincingly. It was painful to watch.

I agree, but it's my belief (which I can't prove) that Sam wouldn't have lost to Errani if she'd beaten Maria in Stuttgart.

Not that beating Maria would have made her invincible or anything, but the fact is that, up to her losing that SF in Paris, Sam played great for most of the clay season without any real reward. I think that fatally eroded her confidence when she needed it most.

Blu€
Nov 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Kim def Caro at QF AO. As much as I liked Kim, that shit she pulled in the SF... :facepalm: I think Caro would have had a good chance against Vika.

Remix13
Nov 27th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Wimbledon QF Kiri vs Aga.

JJ Expres
Nov 27th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Jelena-Schiavone QF Brisbane

JoPova
Nov 27th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Maria-Vika AO F

Na-Kim AO 4r

Serena-Razzano FO 1r

Venus-Kerber USO 2r

Curtos07
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Ana vs Errani, French open 3rd round.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM
The AO final for sure

that or the Birmingham final result

Jelena for Christ sake :o

young_gunner913
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Serena vs Woz Miami R4- Serena put waaaay too much effort in trying to assure a win vs Stosur.

Queen Bethanie vs Radwanska AO R1 :banghead:

Arthur.
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Probably Brianti vs Azarenka at Roland Garros. A win over Victoria would have probably drastically changed Alberta's season

MrProdigy555
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Probably Brianti vs Azarenka at Roland Garros. A win over Victoria would have probably drastically changed Alberta's season
:lol:!

Arthur.
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Probably :p Maybe she would have gained some confidence and could have played the following months, apart from her injury, better :)

Fantasy Hero
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Flavia - Serena in Rome, as that would mean she didn't have her wrist broken in that very first shot of the match :sobbing:

JCTennisFan
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Kim Azarenka AO SF for me.

If Kim was not injured I cant help but think she would have won it all.... Especially considering how Sharapova was playing in the Final....

Big_Banana
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Na vs Kim... worst loss of the season.

Rome final as well, for the way she lost it :rolleyes:

Smitten
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:22 PM
1997: RG F
1998: Wimbledon SF
1999: RG F
2000: USO SF
2001: AO F
2002: AO F
2003: RG SF
2004: RG QF
2005: Miami QF
2006: AO QF
2007: AO SF
2008: Wimbledon F
2009: USO SF
2010: RG QF
2011: USO F
2012: RG R1

All these RG flops. I can't.

andyjason
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:28 PM
AO Li vs Kim

This match is just can't forget

Stonerpova
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:29 PM

Completely forgot about that match. She had break points for a set and 5-0 lead didn't she?

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Not one match.

Smitten
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Yes, and that howling whore hit a second serve ace.

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Ao final for me. Vika would still be slameless and Maria would have won 2 slams in a year :inlove::hysteric:.

BillFromRichmond
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Serena and Radwanska in the Wimbledon final. Boy, that would have shut up a lot of people in this forum.

misty1
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Its hard for me to select of these 3:

Marion v.s masha US QF
Sabine v.s angie wimbledon QF
sabine v.s masha olympics 3R

if i really had to select one than i guess i have to go with maria v.s marion at the US

stromatolite
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Serena and Radwanska in the Wimbledon final. Boy, that would have shut up a lot of people in this forum.

Do you seriously believe that?:lol:

Chrissie-fan
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM
AO - Wozniacki vs Clijsters

bobito
Nov 29th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Williams v Shvedova at Wimbledon. I'm not saying I'd change the final result but I'd like to have seen it concluded fairly. Making a player who wears prescription glasses play in the rain, forcing her to remove them, was ridiculous especially at that stage of the match. Had it been the marquee player wearing glasses we all know that play would have been suspended.

alfonsojose
Nov 29th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Pova vs. Vulture Queen, Miami Final.

Mattographer
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Stosur-Errani RG :help:

frenchie
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Radwanska def Serena Wimbledon final
Serena def Razzano RG 1st round

Random :

Cadantu def Sharapova RG 1st round

Sharapova having a RG title is just so wrong....
I can deal with a Wimbledon, USO and AO title but not RG.

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Radwanska def Serena Wimbledon final
Serena def Razzano RG 1st round

Random :

:hysteric:

StoneRose
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Ao final for me. Vika would still be slameless and Maria would have won 2 slams in a year :inlove::hysteric:.Hardly a realistic change seeing how the match went :yeah:. Yet dreaming is free i suppose.

Dodge
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Olympic mixed final.

If it were purely a women's match then the Wimbledon first round S. Williams vs Strycova. Would have been a whole different tournament.

GoofyDuck
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Birmingham final
Rome final
Sydney final
Osaka final
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9e5qnaqiJ1r2pubto1_250.gif

Mistress of Evil
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:46 PM

Someone needs a hug.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mctvijniLT1r6ubhwo1_500.gif

FoxyliciousKhat
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:12 PM

How would losing one match bring about this? :lol::lol::lol:

She never even got to matchpoint though. :shrug:

I love Vika but I'm puzzled as to how people are looking at this loss. Yeah she served for it and holding your serve is key... but unless a player has/had match point (s) I don't buy into the woulda, shoulda, coulda.

ALL the freaking matches Venus lost, especially to Kerber, Vesnina and Aga.

Foxy

Jane Lane
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:13 PM
How would losing one match bring about this? :lol::lol::lol:

I love Vika but I'm puzzled as to how people are looking at this loss. Yeah she served for it and holding your serve is key... but unless a player has/had match point (s) I don't buy into the woulda, shoulda, coulda.

ALL the freaking matches Venus lost, especially to Kerber, Vesnina and Aga.

Foxy

I would rather my fave have two slams rather than one? Duh.

The OP is 'if you could change the outcome of one match in 2012.' There's no stipulations of 'only if the loser had match points.'

FoxyliciousKhat
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I would rather my fave have two slams rather than one? Duh.

The OP is 'if you could change the outcome of one match in 2012.' There's no stipulations of 'only if the loser had match points.'

Fully understand base on your explanation... still

Foxy

JarkaFish
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM
It's probably good Vika lost the USO final, I don't think you can get a much better wake up call that you need to improve your serve than having the chance to serve out a grand slam and failing miserably.

Fighterpova
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Maria vs Vika at AO :sobbing:

Charlatan
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:54 PM

not as wrong as flukeskina bullshitting her way to one RG title :spit:

Queen_Vee_92
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM
It's probably good Vika lost the USO final, I don't think you can get a much better wake up call that you need to improve your serve than having the chance to serve out a grand slam and failing miserably.

This is a really good point.

If we're to go along with the expected view (which i don't btw) that 2013 will be all about Vika/Maria/Rena then the ideal scenario is that Vika develops a better serve, because thats all thats stopping her competing with Serena on a hard court, their ground games being pretty even, Serena's explosiveness vs Victoria's relentless consistent power hitting.

flareon
Nov 29th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Clijsters d. Robson US Open
Clijsters d. Azarenka OZ Open

Not because I am a hater just because I wanted her to win another grand slame

Venus d. Kerber US Open :sobbing:

Keothavong d. Wozniacki Olympics

L'Enfant Sauvage
Nov 29th, 2012, 07:22 PM
It's obviously gotta be RG R1 loss to Virginie, only if there's some way to guarantee that it wouldn't affect the rest of her year... But even then, I never thought I would care any LESS about a R1 Slam loss than I do now. Probably an effect of having my fave bounce back by winning every remaining big event in what happens to be an olympic year :cool:

Navratil
Nov 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Stosur def. Errani RG semifinal, can't believe tennis gods could allow this to happen

Yep..

or Razzano/Serena 1st round

That 1st round match would have changed the whole tournament and Serena would be # 1 by now...

Say Hey Kid
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Errani/Sharapova RG finals.

I was one of the few who bet Errani at 300-1 odds after she beat Ana.

It cost me ALOT me to say the least.

*JR*
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Babos not giving (LL) Karatancheva 100 points by losing R1 @ RG.

Why? Because I despise Sneaky Sesil, of course.