alfonsojose
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Martina in 3 :oh:

Sammo
Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Ew

NashaMasha
Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:57 PM
opposite to Pova-Hingis matchup with no chances for Vika. Vika just won't be able to hit through Martina , in all the rest components Martina is better

Nicolás89
Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Martina is a pusher !!!1!1!!!!!!1

NashaMasha
Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:02 PM

Look above, on the topic . Question is not "who is a pusher" but "who is a better pusher" :)

Nicolás89
Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Look above, on the topic . Question is not "who is a pusher" but "who is a better pusher" :)

:hug:

tracytracy22
Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Hingis...

I dont think Azarneka can hurt hingis...

danieln1
Nov 24th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Hingis on all surfaces in straight sets, some bakery products, some tough ones.... she wouldn´t lose a single match, her peak around here is very underrated.

Brad[le]y.
Nov 24th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Hingis on all surfaces in straight sets, some bakery products, some tough ones.... she wouldn´t lose a single match, her peak around here is very underrated.

:worship:

Indeed.

MrProdigy555
Nov 24th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Y'all are only looking from Martina's perspective. I'm not gonna say who would win, because I really have no answer, but Azarenka does not have trouble with players who can't hit through HER. She usually loses to players that hit her off the court.

This would be very interesting, imo.

Jane Lane
Nov 24th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Y'all are only looking from Martina's perspective. I'm not gonna say who would win, because I really have no answer, but Azarenka does not have trouble with players who can't hit through HER. She usually loses to players that hit her off the court.

This.

:rolls: at the three usual suspects trolling this thread.

Brad[le]y.
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:11 AM

Agreed, but Hingis has no problem against people who can't overpower her; Azarenka does not have a lot of raw firepower herself.

Sombrerero loco
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:25 PM

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101227000040/dragonball/es/images/8/89/Freezer_dodompa.gif

nastya
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Peak or not peak, but they've played once in 2007 and Vika bageled Martina

AnywhereButHome
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Vika in two easy sets - somthing like 61 62 :cheer:

Sombrerero loco
Nov 24th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Vika in two easy sets - somthing like 61 62 :cheer:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2jz7e8X7f1ro9tcgo1_r1_500.gif

Smitten
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Legend in 2, except on slower clay in 3.

Welcome1
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Vika would destroy Hingis just like she's destroying Radwanska. As it was said Hingis was a pusher. Bad match-up for Hingis definitely

Chrissie-fan
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:33 AM
y.;22511210']Agreed, but Hingis has no problem against people who can't overpower her; Azarenka does not have a lot of raw firepower herself.
Azarenka has decent power, but Hingis thrived on power coming from the other side as long as it wasn't overwhelming, so pace-wise I think that Vika would be close to a ideal opponent for Martina. I think that it nevertheless would be pretty close because Vika with her awesome returns would be able to take advantage of Hingis' weak-ish serves. But I think that if they played a series of matches against each other that Martina would win the majority of them, but not all of them.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Anyone who doesn't play tennis like a lumberjack and/or doesn't hit the backfence at least two times per game is a "pusher" in the opinion of TF, so the word is totally meaningless. If anything it's a compliment.

JCTennisFan
Nov 25th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Hingis would win this one in my opinion.

Azarenka does not have much more power than Hingis did. A common misconception is that Hingis lacked any sort of power off the ground which is bogus. Hingis had a very attackable second serve which was her blatant weakness... not her lack of power.

With that said did Hingis hit the ball really hard? No but she was more than capable enough. Comparing her ground game to Radwanska's is just a bit too far in my opinion. Hingis could take control of the rallies where Radwanska really cant. Radwanska moves and defends better than Hingis which makes up for her chronic lack of power.

Where Hingis shined was in her variety and incredible finesse. If you could not overpower her your chances of winning sharply dropped. Azarenka simply does not have enough power to really shut Hingis down which would be crucial for her in order to win.

MrProdigy555
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I'm gonna be honest, I feel like it would be very similar to Azarenka vs Radwanska, as someone above said.

Nicolás89
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Peak Martina would be absolutely capable to outhit Azarenka, like come on. The stories of her being a powerless player are inaccurate, fed by the 2006 version of Martina. :lol:

MrProdigy555
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Peak Martina would be absolutely capable to outhit Azarenka, like come on. The stories of her being a powerless player are inaccurate, fed by the 2006 version of Martina. :lol:
Unlikely.

Brad[le]y.
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Vika would destroy Hingis just like she's destroying Radwanska. As it was said Hingis was a pusher. Bad match-up for Hingis definitely

Hingis and Radwanska aren't as similar as people try to point out. Martina does have my overall power on her groundstrokes, particularly on the backhand side. She also had much better placement on her serve than Radwanska; hence why she was able to beat Seles so often despite being the best returner in the game.

And :lol: at people calling Martina a pusher. Pushers are people who liked to be bossed around (i.e. Smashnova) Hingis was always looking to take control of a rally in spite of her lack of power.

Nicolás89
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Yep. Martina at her peak was very aggressive.

MrProdigy555
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Azarenka still bageled and breadsticked her...

Nicolás89
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Azarenka still bageled and breadsticked her...

And your words excess effort...

MrProdigy555
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:39 PM
And your words excess effort...
Why you so bitter, bb?

Nicolás89
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Why you so bitter, bb?

I'm not a mirror. :kiss:

MrProdigy555
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:45 PM
I'm not a mirror. :kiss:
Exhibit A of your pressedness. :lol:

Brad[le]y.
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Azarenka still bagleed and breadsticked her...In the second to last tournament off her career; hardly at her peak :lol:

MrProdigy555
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:42 AM
y.;22518288']In the second to last tournament off her career; hardly at her peak :lol:
And also 5 years off of Azarenka's peak.

Charlatan
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Unlikely.

Sb7PdwIcvLo&feature=relmfu

Brad[le]y.
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:01 AM

in the first set Hingis had 15-2 W/UE differential and Seles only made 1 UE. Masterclass :inlove:

dsanders06
Nov 26th, 2012, 10:12 AM
This would actually be an incredibly intriguing match-up.

alfonsojose
May 6th, 2013, 07:16 PM
:devil: Come on Nastya :yeah:

Brad[le]y.
May 6th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I knew this thread would be bumped somehow :lol:

Anyways the Radwanska matchup is not a valid comparison, Martina is a different animal.

Sammo
May 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Azarenka is a pusher compared to peak Hingis.

Lunaticalm
May 6th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Hingis at her peak eat players like Azarenka for breakfast.

LCS
May 6th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Hingis dealt with the power of Davenport, Pierce and the Williamses during her peak and consistently won. her antecipation and aggressiveness would win her the match versus Azarenka, no doubt.

LCS
May 6th, 2013, 08:45 PM

the cold blooded dropshot at 5.20 :hearts:

gonzalez89
May 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
It'd be a close rivalry.

Azarenka's return is too good and Dingis' serve too much of a liability for it not to be.

Of course since Dingis is the more talented player I'll give her the overall edge in the H2H at the end of the day.

Break My Rapture
May 6th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Can you imagine the histrionics if these two had a rivalry. :lol:

Stonerpova
May 6th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Azarenka has decent power, but Hingis thrived on power coming from the other side as long as it wasn't overwhelming, so pace-wise I think that Vika would be close to a ideal opponent for Martina. I think that it nevertheless would be pretty close because Vika with her awesome returns would be able to take advantage of Hingis' weak-ish serves. But I think that if they played a series of matches against each other that Martina would win the majority of them, but not all of them.

Totally agree with this.

Brad[le]y.
May 7th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Can you imagine the histrionics if these two had a rivalry. :lol:
+1 :lol:

I'm just waiting for Pavs to play Venus eventually. I don't think Martina will be calm in the box that day :tears:

Totally agree with this.

Yup. Also both had serves as liabilities and both have great returns so there would be a lot of breaks of serves in this match. I'd say Martina wins more often than not on natural surfaces. As for hard courts, the slower they are, the more they favor Azarenka.

Nicolás89
May 7th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Legendtina's coaching almost snatched Aza's streak. :hearts:

Steven.
May 7th, 2013, 05:27 AM
wtf at all of this "hingis would be overpowered by azarenka"

peak hingis took the ball so early and was truly aggressive in her own class. she didn't have raw power, but her timing and court sense is arguably unmatched and so she could be aggressive without all of that natural power. all of these comparisons to agnieszka is pretty ignorant. hingis consistently hit double digit winners against all of her opponents, and she was a lot more crafty.

hingis' serve wasn't even as big a liability as everyone makes it out to be. she injected pace into it pretty well, and her placement was superb so i'm not exactly sure where people are getting AZARENKA WILL DESTROY MARTINA'S SERVE from.

i still don't get how tennis fans can underrate hingis' peak so much.

hingis would slay azarenka on carpet, clay and grass, and probably win 75% of the time on hardcourts

also people think agnieszka has variety but let's be honest, the only time she show cases that variety is against players that don't overpower her. true variety is the likes of hingis, amelie, vinci, csn, asv, henin etc.

Brad[le]y.
May 7th, 2013, 05:38 AM
wtf at all of this "hingis would be overpowered by azarenka"

peak hingis took the ball so early and was truly aggressive in her own class. she didn't have raw power, but her timing and court sense is arguably unmatched and so she could be aggressive without all of that natural power. all of these comparisons to agnieszka is pretty ignorant. hingis consistently hit double digit winners against all of her opponents, and she was a lot more crafty.

hingis' serve wasn't even as big a liability as everyone makes it out to be. she injected pace into it pretty well, and her placement was superb so i'm not exactly sure where people are getting AZARENKA WILL DESTROY MARTINA'S SERVE from.

i still don't get how tennis fans can underrate hingis' peak so much.

hingis would slay azarenka on carpet, clay and grass, and probably win 75% of the time on hardcourts it depends on the HC. In the lightning fast indoors, she would absolutely win.

also people think agnieszka has variety but let's be honest, the only time she show cases that variety is against players that don't overpower her. true variety is the likes of hingis, amelie, vinci, csn, asv, henin etc.I don't think this is true. I remember she showcased a lot of skills in her 2007 USO match against Maria. What separates her from Hingis is that she plays the role of the defender in her matches against the big guns.

And also I think Vinci is the most overrated player when it comes to variety. The only reason she slices her BH so much is because her topspin BH is so awful.

Steven.
May 7th, 2013, 05:46 AM
can we not talk about that uso match :hysteric:

aga does have moments of absolute brilliance (and i don't like her so i genuinely mean it when i say that) but on a match to match basis, aga's variety is highly overrated and she mostly plays as a baseline retriever. the one aspect of her game i do respect is how she can suddenly inject pace into her forehand but that's about as much as her variety goes outside a few slices here and there.

as for the surface, yep, martina would definitely win on faster hard courts as it just elevates her ability to be aggressive and make vika run. vika's greatest strength is redirecting the ball but that's impossible if you have no time at all. slower hard courts are definitely debatable and i'm not sure who would come out on top most of the time.

LUVMIRZA
May 7th, 2013, 06:09 AM
underestimating Azarenka is the best thing haters can do:cheer::cheer:

SerenaSiren
May 7th, 2013, 08:12 AM
In Realistical way then its Definitely Azarenka and Hingis in a Delusional way

Sammo
May 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
In Realistical way then its Definitely Azarenka and Hingis in a Delusional way

*Checks username*; *Laughs*

mauresmofan
May 7th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Martina would run rings around her - if she got back into training I think she could beat her now especially on clay.

freefallball
May 7th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Obviously Azarenka is going to win. So what if Hingis is aggressive? As long as Azarenka hits a fast angled ball, Hingis will just hit it to somewhere in the middle of the court without doing anything to it. The only time Hingis will win is when Azarenka feeds her Caro's or Aga's type of ball.

Sammo
May 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Obviously Azarenka is going to win. So what if Hingis is aggressive? As long as Azarenka hits a fast angled ball, Hingis will just hit it to somewhere in the middle of the court without doing anything to it. The only time Hingis will win is when Azarenka feeds her Caro's or Aga's type of ball.

Too bad that's what Hingis did with her opponents, all the fucking time. If she did it against Serena (H2H 6-7), Venus (H2H 11-10), Seles (H2H whatever, she owned her), and a ton of other fantastic players, you think she wouldn't do it against Azarenka? :lol:. The ones saying that Azarenka would beat Hingis here have a couple hundred messages at most, noobs :rolleyes:

kusiak
May 7th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Too bad that's what Hingis did with her opponents, all the fucking time. If she did it against Serena (H2H 6-7), Venus (H2H 11-10), Seles (H2H whatever, she owned her), and a ton of other fantastic players, you think she wouldn't do it against Azarenka? :lol:. The ones saying that Azarenka would beat Hingis here have a couple hundred messages at most, noobs :rolleyes:

:drool::drool::drool::drool: THIS. Maybe some people are too young and only remember Martina's matches from her comeback, still she played some brilliant tennis here and there (against Sharapova in Tokyo, Zvonareva in AO, Petrova in YEC, Safina in Rome) but her true peak level in the level who can challenge peak Serena, at least make it competitive what Aza and Maria are not capable.

PEAK HINGIS VS PEAK VIKA:

hardcourt: 2:0 Hingis
clay: 2:0 Hingis
grass: 2:1 Hingis