PDA

View Full Version : Bombshell: Hingis is in Serena's training camp

NashaMasha
Nov 22nd, 2012, 11:27 PM
Patrick Mouratoglou: All Mouratoglou Tennis Academy staff including coaches, fitness coachs and physiotherapists including Martina Hingis will surround the group of players.

group of players:

Women going to Mauritius for Pre-Season with MTA: Serena Williams, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Aravane Rezaï, Yulia Putintseva, Alizé Lim, Sachia Vickery.

Men going to Mauritius for Pre-Season: Jeremy Chardy, Victor Hanescu, Stéphane Robert, Enzo Couacaud.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-blog-de-Patrick-Mouratoglou/109429335754536?ref=stream

Evan James
Nov 22nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Oh, surprise, surprise :)

Jane Lane
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:25 AM
Hingis has been at the PMA longer than Serena has. :shrug:

PetraReeMona
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM
So?

Why is it a bombshell? :rolleyes:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:31 AM
Where's Smitten to come and get her life? :lol:

(ancient news though)

duhcity
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:46 AM
God hope Putintseva throws a tantrum during practice and Serena smacks some sense into the child. Would do good for her career

DennisPostedThis
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:51 AM
God hope Putintseva throws a tantrum during practice and Serena smacks some sense into the child. Would do good for her career

:haha: I pray Putintseva gets relevant enough for this to happen on a grand slam stage.

edificio
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:59 AM
Hingis has been at the PMA longer than Serena has. :shrug:

:yeah:

OP getting desperate.:rolleyes:

We need a real bombshell up in here, though. All these PEAK such and such threads are boring!

SAISAI-GOAT
Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:11 AM
Serena has to train w/ Rezai :spit:

Diesel
Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:43 AM
So?

Why is it a bombshell? :rolleyes:

It really isn't. Name in lights syndrome by an idiot thread starter.

Smitten
Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:06 AM
Isn't even news.

And there is no animosity between Serena and Legend. Unlike Jennifer and Justine, Legend always displayed fair play against Serena and never resorted to shady tactics. Any shit talking was simply in the spirit of pride and competition and the respect is mutual.

Legend was responsible for Serena Slam I and now she will be responsible for Serena Slam II.

hingisGOAT
Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:22 AM
Isn't even news.

And there is no animosity between Serena and Legend. Unlike Jennifer and Justine, Legend always displayed fair play against Serena and never resorted to shady tactics. Any shit talking was simply in the spirit of pride and competition and the respect is mutual.

Legend was responsible for Serena Slam I and now she will be responsible for Serena Slam II.

I agree completely. After winning the USO in 1999, Serena praised Hingis, saying that Martina was very happy for her after the match and "unlike others" wasn't a sore loser. Hingis regularly praised Serena's game above her peers, even before Serena started dominating. They always had warm and friendly hand-shakes, and appear to get along well when they are at events/promotions. The only animosity was between Hingis and Venus; Serena and Martina are both extroverts.

Also the OP is a very dedicated Legend troll :rolleyes:

acetoace
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:57 AM
Another idiotic thread from a degenerate pova stan:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Gosh, why are folks in that fanbase so pathetic? Lots of asinine peak this, peak that lately!! Is their life that empty & lonely with nothing to do? Personally, I so can't wait for 2013 season start. Pova needs to be wooped so bad & put in her place. That is the language the juvenile fanbase understands.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Sir Stefwhit
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM
I agree completely. After winning the USO in 1999, Serena praised Hingis, saying that Martina was very happy for her after the match and "unlike others" wasn't a sore loser. Hingis regularly praised Serena's game above her peers, even before Serena started dominating. They always had warm and friendly hand-shakes, and appear to get along well when they are at events/promotions. The only animosity was between Hingis and Venus; Serena and Martina are both extroverts.

Also the OP is a very dedicated Legend troll :rolleyes:

In the beginning of their careers there were some nasty comments from both Rena and Hingis, but as they both matured and got older there was more of a respect between the two. U maybe forgot that press conference where Serena said something about how Hingis' comments reflect her lack of education:lol: I kinda miss the cattiness of the old days...

bandabou
Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:24 AM
Another idiotic thread from a degenerate pova stan:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Gosh, why are folks in that fanbase so pathetic? Lots of asinine peak this, peak that lately!! Is their life that empty & lonely with nothing to do? Personally, I so can't wait for 2013 season start. Pova needs to be wooped so bad & put in her place. That is the language the juvenile fanbase understands.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:lol: Ah the Mashatards..gotta love them. That YEC final took a lot out of them...:lol:

hingis-seles
Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:49 AM
1999: War of words. Richard Williams: "It'll be an all-Williams final." Hingis: "I am #1 and have five Slams not them. They have big mouths." Serena Williams: "Lack of formal education." Hingis: "I can speak 5 languages so I'm not that dumb." After beating Venus: "I just didn't want the all-Williams final to happen." Serena wins the title and Hingis hugs her to congratulate her.

2001: Hingis d. Serena at AO. Serena: "I have food poisoning. I only ate toast." Hingis: "Watching what you eat is part of being more professional, so she should be better prepared." At the end of the match, both women are all smiles when they meet at the net.

Sure, there was quite a bit of verbal sparring between the two but I never sensed any animosity from either one for the other.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:38 AM

:haha:

alfonsojose
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Watch out Serena. Hingis is chasing Patrick's delicious man's ass :drool:

Raiden
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Hingis has been at the PMA longer than Serena has. :shrug:Indeed. Old news.

A real bombshell would be if Hingis caught PMA and Serena with their pants down.

kiwifan
Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
1999: War of words. Richard Williams: "It'll be an all-Williams final." Hingis: "I am #1 and have five Slams not them. They have big mouths." Serena Williams: "Lack of formal education." Hingis: "I can speak 5 languages so I'm not that dumb." After beating Venus: "I just didn't want the all-Williams final to happen." Serena wins the title and Hingis hugs her to congratulate her.

2001: Hingis d. Serena at AO. Serena: "I have food poisoning. I only ate toast." Hingis: "Watching what you eat is part of being more professional, so she should be better prepared." At the end of the match, both women are all smiles when they meet at the net.

Sure, there was quite a bit of verbal sparring between the two but I never sensed any animosity from either one for the other.

I always thought from the first time I posted here, that European posters didn't "get" trash talk.

In America, especially amongst African Americans and Southern Whites, trash talk is mostly intended to be humorous (and of course to intimidate as well)...but when the game is over the athletes don't even think about what was said before the match begins.

While our local "Martians" recoiled with horror over Richard Williams talking about the ghetto doctor he could send Chucky to, in order to make her legs longer; I'm sure both Hingis and the Williams Sisters just laughed and rolled their eyes at Richard. Multiply that times most of the things the Williams Family has said before a tennis match.

Now things said after a match, clearly in reaction to that match...see Spirlea's bump...and not just referencing the next time they play...that's when the comments might not be so humorous.

PetraReeMona
Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
News is sooo old, it just shows how "out of touch" NashaMash is :oh: :hah:

lovethegame
Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
The real Bombshell is who has been left off the list? Grigor Dimitrov Isnt Patrick coaching him and helping....Serena?

sweetadri06
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
The real Bombshell is who has been left off the list? Grigor Dimitrov Isnt Patrick coaching him and helping....Serena?

No. They aren't working together anymore.Patrick is Serena's coach now.

Sammo
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Old news indeed. What would be amazing is to see Martina on Serena's box at the AO :oh:

tonybotz
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
to those of us who have followed the rivalry since it's inception, this is indeed a bombshell. the irony is delicious.

brickhousesupporter
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
No. They aren't working together anymore.Patrick is Serena's coach now.
I guess Patrick decided it is best to work with an actual GOAT over the possible future GOAT.

Halepsova
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Where is Grigor? :awww:

killerqueen
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Does Daria Gavrilova not go there anymore? She used too..

Halepsova
Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
What's the deal with Moritius? Is it the new Florida?

tennisbum79
Nov 24th, 2012, 03:18 AM
I predict a rapprochement between Serena fans and Hingis fans the next few months.

Hingis fans might even root for Serena the next few months.

SO, could we see Martina in Serena's family box in Sydney? Next to Richard:)

tennisbum79
Nov 24th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Old news indeed. What would be amazing is to see Martina on Serena's box at the AO :oh:

posted the same thing, did not see your post

tennisbum79
Nov 24th, 2012, 03:34 AM
what is the WTA coming to?

Serena signing bilateral friendship accords left and right
Maria, Radwanska, ...and now Martina?
Who is next? Alves and Chino?

brickhousesupporter
Nov 24th, 2012, 03:39 AM
I have no idea why people think Martina will be working directly with Serena. Martina is part of the team, but most likely will be working with the lessers......Sarin is the franchise player she gets the top coaches. I mean really what can Martina teach her.....how to win 5 GS?????.....Serena has been there and done that 3 times.

RVD
Nov 24th, 2012, 03:47 AM
I have no idea why people think Martina will be working directly with Serena. Martina is part of the team, but most likely will be working with the lessors......Sarin is the franchise player she gets the top coaches. I mean really what can Martina teach her.....how to win 5 GS?????.....Serena has been there and done that 3 times.Exactly.
And seriously, what exactly is Hingis gonna teach Serena? :facepalm:

They'll likely pass each other during practice potty breaks and nod. :lol:
I can see that being the full extent of their contact.
No one is pulling the wool over my eyes about their relationship.
These two did not like each other for years.
Now, they are simply civil to each other because they are both more mature and have bigger fish to fry in Life.

tennisbum79
Nov 24th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Exactly.

I could be mistaken, I think most are just finding the possibility of Martina and Serena in the same training camp as allies very amusing and ironic.

Personally, I think it would be cool if they can work together.
Both women are head strong, none would lose their personality in teaming up

daguerrotype
Nov 24th, 2012, 03:57 AM
While it's obvious Martina is unlikely to work with Serena, it's silly to think Hingis couldn't teach her something.

doni1212
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:17 AM
I have no idea why people think Martina will be working directly with Serena. Martina is part of the team, but most likely will be working with the lessers......Sarin is the franchise player she gets the top coaches. I mean really what can Martina teach her.....how to win 5 GS?????.....Serena has been there and done that 3 times.

:lol:

Caralenko
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:34 AM
While it's obvious Martina is unlikely to work with Serena, it's silly to think Hingis couldn't teach her something.

Exactly.

I mean really what can Martina teach her.....

Serena's over 30, she's not in training to be taught new skills she's in training to refine the already established areas of her game and keep herself fresh and fit. Hingis is an excellent tactician, she would be a valuable asset for any player who wants to approach a match with the best possible strategies.

Sammo
Nov 24th, 2012, 12:50 PM

How to hit proper dropshots and lobs? :oh:

Halepsova
Nov 24th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I doubt if Serena would want Hingis to teach her.

Sombrerero loco
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Exactly.

Now, they are simply civil to each other because they are both more mature and have bigger fish to fry in Life.

maye how to play tennis :angel:

brickhousesupporter
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Obviously you haven't been watching any of Serena's matches....

acetoace
Nov 24th, 2012, 03:40 PM

Idiotic statement to say the least! Many on tour can dropshot and lob better than Serena. Question is: what has "proper dropshots & lobs" gotten them in return? Serena is the one holding 15GS and counting without "proper dropshots & lobs". Serena in her own way still dropshots and lobs way better than Sam or anyone u might like to name who is not Aga.:rolleyes:

sweetpeas
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Plus,Hingis did some dirty things in the locker room.like getting some of the girls dirty sole wears then she would put them in they're locker.Those are things one' never forget!

Halepsova
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I guess Patrick decided it is best to work with an actual GOAT over the possible future GOAT.

More like he picked his GF over his best student. :o

LeRoy.
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Careful Ree, she could be the Judas of your camp.

RVD
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM
While it's obvious Martina is unlikely to work with Serena, it's silly to think Hingis couldn't teach her something.No it isn't.maye how to play tennis :angel:Yeah, because Serena holding 10 more slam titles than Hingis is a definite indication that Hingis can teach her oh soooo much much more.

But I'm sure that you were kidding. ;)

Jorn
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Hingis was in Dubai 2 days ago...

Jorn
Nov 24th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Hingis.org a website started in 1996 has info Hingis will be in Paris for horseriding, so won't goto any training camp before after dec. 2nd.

LightWarrior
Nov 24th, 2012, 11:21 PM

Sure. But why am I picturing Serena thinking "Bitch you're gonna teach me how to play tennis ?!" :lol:

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Sure. But why am I picturing Serena thinking "Bitch you're gonna teach me how to play tennis ?!" :lol::lol: :lol:
I'm still laughing because of what people assume Hingis can teach Serena. I mean, Serena already figured out how to beat Hingis at her own game years ago?

hingisGOAT
Nov 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM
so a coach is always more accomplished than the player? RVD please use your pea sized brain to think about that sentence for one moment

Brad[le]y.
Nov 25th, 2012, 01:21 AM
:spit: so how many coaches of top players have done shit in their tennis careers?

All she's doing is helping Serena refine her already amazing game.

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Isn't even news.

s3uY3wesJmQ

Halepsova
Nov 25th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Young Serena :hearts:

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Exactly.

Finally someone that remembers the past. Martina was really mean to the sisters when they first came on tour and accused Richard of deciding who was going to win or lose. She also called them liars about the racist taunts at Indian Wells and said they got away with things because they were black. Martina was a little bitch and is why the sistas ran her ass off the tour by beating that ass like a drum.

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 03:51 AM
so a coach is always more accomplished than the player? RVD please use your pea sized brain to think about that sentence for one momentOkay, I'll bite.
I know that I shouldn't, but I have a feeling that this is gonna be reeeally good.

First of all, the answer to your question is 'YES', in two parts...

1) It isn't that a coach is "more accomplished" on the court playing tennis as one of the athletes.
So cease with the ignorance right there.
A coach is more accomplished as a coach--- in the totality of the required technical, mechanical, motivational, mental, health, and scheduling that a player needs from one who is trained (AS A COACH). A coach posses the knowledge required to train others.
Hingis can get away with teaching newbies, and probably junior players. PERIOD!
Hingis didn't even know enough to change her F'ing tennis shoes until it was too late. :tape:

2) What precisely can Hingis (a player who didn't know enough NOT to ride the White Horse) teach an already far superior player than herself? A player who is still improving at 31 years old?
In other words, who already understands her own body, and its limitations far better than anyone?

Please enlighten this pea-brained fan, hingisGOAT--- Divine Saint of the TF.com tennis board. :unsure:

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Finally someone that remembers the past. Martina was really mean to the sisters when they first came on tour and accused Richard of deciding who was going to win or lose. She also called them liars about the racist taunts at Indian Wells and said they got away with things because they were black. Martina was a little bitch and is why the sistas ran her ass off the tour by beating that ass like a drum.I was going to post the article with her putting her racist foot in her mouth AGAIN, but had initially decided against it.
But since so many have forgotten, and are attempting to rewrite history...
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2001-08-27/sports/18367202_1_venus-and-serena-williams-williams-sisters-race-card
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-68836/Hingis-stands-firm-race-row.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1338873/Being-black-helps-Williams-sisters.html
http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2007/11/04/hingis-controversial-statements-about-other-players/
http://thegrio.com/2010/07/03/williams-sisters-face-racial-double-standard-on-road-to-wimbeldon/

Now, I'd love for hingisGOAT, to explain to me how someone with this sort of mindset and word-class ignorance is going to teach someone like Serena?
A player that she has a well known tumultuous history with.

Brad[le]y.
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I was going to post the article with her putting her racist foot in her mouth AGAIN, but had initially decided against it.
But since so many have forgotten, and are attempting to rewrite history...
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2001-08-27/sports/18367202_1_venus-and-serena-williams-williams-sisters-race-card
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-68836/Hingis-stands-firm-race-row.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1338873/Being-black-helps-Williams-sisters.html
http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2007/11/04/hingis-controversial-statements-about-other-players/
http://thegrio.com/2010/07/03/williams-sisters-face-racial-double-standard-on-road-to-wimbeldon/

Now, I'd love for hingisGOAT, to explain to me how someone with this sort of mindset and word-class ignorance is going to teach someone like Serena?
A player that she has a well known tumultuous history with.
Those comments were made over 10 years ago, I doubt she believes the crap she said back then. :lol: They all have great respect for each other now.

Mynarco
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Okay, I'll bite.
I know that I shouldn't, but I have a feeling that this is gonna be reeeally good.

First of all, the answer to your question is 'YES', in two parts...

1) It isn't that a coach is "more accomplished" on the court playing tennis as one of the athletes.
So cease with the ignorance right there.
A coach is more accomplished as a coach--- in the totality of the required technical, mechanical, motivational, mental, health, and scheduling that a player needs from one who is trained (AS A COACH). A coach posses the knowledge required to train others.
Hingis can get away with teaching newbies, and probably junior players. PERIOD!
Hingis didn't even know enough to change her F'ing tennis shoes until it was too late. :tape:

2) What precisely can Hingis (a player who didn't know enough NOT to ride the White Horse) teach an already far superior player than herself? A player who is still improving at 31 years old?
In other words, who already understands her own body, and its limitations far better than anyone?

So in that case, do you mean Paul Annacone cannot coach, or doesn't deserve to coach Federer at all?

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:29 AM
y.;22514817']Those comments were made over 10 years ago, I doubt she believes the crap she said back then. :lol: They all have great respect for each other now.Well of course those remarks were made years ago. The point is, they were not two athletes who respected each other in the least, as some were suggesting earlier in this thread.

Brad[le]y.
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Well of course those remarks were made years ago. The point is, they were not two athletes who respected each other in the least, as some were suggesting earlier in this thread.

True, but deep down I think they truly respected each other; at least enough to embrace each other after Serena beat her at the USO.

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:35 AM
So in that case, do you mean Paul Annacone cannot coach, or doesn't deserve to coach Federer at all?AGAIN...

What is Hingis going to teach Serena?

I don't give a crap about anyone else, so why bring them up?
Stop beating around the bush with these silly unrelated questions.

Is Hingis trained in coaching?

Does Hingis have a protege that is out there playing that I somehow missed?

Her credentials read WTA Player.
NOT COACH.

Like I said, she certainly knows enough to coach newbies and probably junior players.
But please, give me a break with her teaching Serena anything tennis related that will make Serena a better player than she already is.

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:37 AM
y.;22514861']True, but deep down I think they truly respected each other; at least enough to embrace each other after Serena beat her at the USO.I personally wouldn't venture a guess what they feel deep down. I can only judge based upon what they show me (as in their deeds) when encountering each other. :)

Mynarco
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:49 AM
AGAIN...

What is Hingis going to teach Serena?

I don't give a crap about anyone else, so why bring them up?
Stop beating around the bush with these silly unrelated questions.

NOT COACH.

Like I said, she certainly knows enough to coach newbies and probably junior players.
But please, give me a break with her teaching Serena anything tennis related that will make Serena a better player than she already is.

I am just making an example where another great player (arguably GOAT) is being coached by a less achieved ex-player on tennis court.

What I want to say is your point 1 and 2 somehow contradict. It's point 2 that baffled me hence the question. I am cool with what you think in point 1

NashaMasha
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:53 AM

NOT COACH.
is Ivan Lendl trained in coaching?

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 05:06 AM
I am just making an example where another great player (arguably GOAT) is being coached by a less achieved ex-player on tennis court.

What I want to say is your point 1 and 2 somehow contradict. It's point 2 that baffled me hence the question. I am cool with what you think in point 1I honestly don't see the contradiction.
Granted, the points don't follow a direct line of thought, but are nonetheless valid.

I will say that there have been plenty of players who have received coaching credentials after a pro career. So what I am essentially saying is that for Hingis to be an effective coach for Serena, she will need to bring far more to the table than a simple change in techniques and/or mechanics.
Serena already possesses the techniques and mechanics that work for her. Hence my question as to "what can Hingis teach Serena?"

I'm sure that Hingis would make a fine low-level coach for new and junior players, as she could draw from her copious past experience. But Serena is on a whole new level, has been out there longer, and has accomplished incredible success already with her plethora of weapons.
So again, what is Hingis going to teach her?

I'm not trying to be confrontational.
I'd just like to know what people see that I don't.
Maybe I'm missing something crucial... or simple, that other fans see.
Heck, I'm completely open to the possibility that that may be the case.
All anyone has to do is post what Hingis can teach Serena.
Maybe it's something that I've completely overlooked.

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 05:14 AM
is Ivan Lendl trained in coaching?I don't watch mens tennis.

But, he's coaching Murray.
Professionals refer to him as "Coach Lendl".
So would you not assume that he has his coaching credentials?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19535055

Ivan Lendl

Tennis coaching career On 31 December 2011 Lendl was appointed coach to Andy Murray (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Murray). Coincidentally, Lendl and Murray are the only two players to have lost in their first four appearances in Grand Slam finals during the Open era. Lendl has been credited with improving Murray's maturity and consistency, guiding the Scot to his first Grand Slam victory in the 2012 US Open.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Lendl#Tennis_coaching_career

NashaMasha
Nov 25th, 2012, 05:18 AM
I don't watch mens tennis.

But, he's coaching Murray.
Professionals refer to him as "Coach Lendl".
So would you not assume that he has his coaching credentials?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19535055

i just asked about did he have any special education apart from his ATP career? I'm not sure about it

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 05:20 AM
i just asked about did he have any special education apart from his ATP career? I'm not sure about itNeither am I.
Like I said, I don't watch mens tennis.
Don't care about mens tennis.
Why are you bringing up mens tennis?

bandabou
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I honestly don't see the contradiction.
Granted, the points don't follow a direct line of thought, but are nonetheless valid.

I will say that there have been plenty of players who have received coaching credentials after a pro career. So what I am essentially saying is that for Hingis to be an effective coach for Serena, she will need to bring far more to the table than a simple change in techniques and/or mechanics.
Serena already possesses the techniques and mechanics that work for her. Hence my question as to "what can Hingis teach Serena?"

I'm sure that Hingis would make a fine low-level coach for new and junior players, as she could draw from her copious past experience. But Serena is on a whole new level, has been out there longer, and has accomplished incredible success already with her plethora of weapons.
So again, what is Hingis going to teach her?

I'm not trying to be confrontational.
I'd just like to know what people see that I don't.
Maybe I'm missing something crucial... or simple, that other fans see.
Heck, I'm completely open to the possibility that that may be the case.
All anyone has to do is post what Hingis can teach Serena.
Maybe it's something that I've completely overlooked.

:lol: I guess then Vee can't teach Serena anything either, no?!:shrug:

If the criteria is that the coach must be more successful than her pupil. then only Nav/Evert/Court/Graf can teach Serena anything.

Smitten
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Sarin could learn a lot from Legend, namely her volleying instincts and transition game in general. She could also work on dropshot execution and returning dropshots and general tactics and strategies for specific opponents.

If you combined everything Sarin does well and everything Legend does well, you have THE perfect player. The mind, the finesse, the guile, the power, the consistency, the accuracy, everthing.

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
:lol: I guess then Vee can't teach Serena anything either, no?!:shrug:

If the criteria is that the coach must be more successful than her pupil. then only Nav/Evert/Court/Graf can teach Serena anything.Okay, then what is Venus going to teach Serena?

The problem I'm noticing is that so far everyone is answering a question with a question.
The original question remains: "What are these past and present individuals going to teach Serena?"
Look folks, Serena is already at a level where there really isn't much if anything that she can learn without dismantling the game that has taken her 17 years to build.
The problem here is obvious. Aside from maybe some minute fine-tuning that a professional coach can help Serena with, what are any of these people mentioned previously going to teach Serena?

I said that I am open to suggestions, so why are there more question instead?
The answer at this point seems obvious.

Stamp Paid
Nov 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Sarin could learn a lot from Legend, namely her volleying instincts and transition game in general. She could also work on dropshot execution and returning dropshots and general tactics and strategies for specific opponents.

If you combined everything Sarin does well and everything Legend does well, you have THE perfect player. The mind, the finesse, the guile, the power, the consistency, the accuracy, everthing.

This is 2012, not 1998. These girls on tour are one dimensional. :lol: Lord doesn't need all those bells and whistles to beat them. She already employs the most efficient way to win on the current WTA tour. I dont see the benefit for Lord practicing with a girl whose game is a relic from times past. But I may be wrong. :lol:

RVD
Nov 25th, 2012, 07:01 PM

If you combined everything Sarin does well and everything Legend does well, you have THE perfect player. The mind, the finesse, the guile, the power, the consistency, the accuracy, everything.Okay, now we're getting somewhere. :)

So again, these would be facets of Serena's game that you are suggesting that she strengthen, or fine-tune (as I mentioned above).
Don't you think that Serena has already addressed these facets of her game with other coaches?
If she then begins concentrating on these areas (while on court), she stands to weaken the other areas in the transition. She's 31 years old. Would Serena truly be open to changing her game if coached by Hingis, Venus, et all?
Moreover, Serena doesn't need to be a "perfect" player to win. That's placing even more stress on her 31 year old 'go-for-broke' physicality.
Also, has there ever been such a thing as a perfect player?

However, if Serena has 5+ more healthy years guaranteed to her, I can certainly envision a re-modified game with a highly qualified coach that she feels comfortable with. :)

bandabou
Nov 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Okay, then what is Venus going to teach Serena?

The problem I'm noticing is that so far everyone is answering a question with a question.
The original question remains: "What are these past and present individuals going to teach Serena?"
Look folks, Serena is already at a level where there really isn't much if anything that she can learn without dismantling the game that has taken her 17 years to build.
The problem here is obvious. Aside from maybe some minute fine-tuning that a professional coach can help Serena with, what are any of these people mentioned previously going to teach Serena?

I said that I am open to suggestions, so why are there more question instead?
The answer at this point seems obvious.

That's an awfully arrogant thought patron. There's always new to be learned..just because Serena got this far with her game, doesn't mean there ain't some tweaks that can be added.

So you saying that Roger shouldn't have hired Anacone then either?! Because he already had 16 majors, what could anyone teach him?

Matt01
Nov 25th, 2012, 07:13 PM
RVD babbling lots of nonsense about her/his GOD Serena. Why am I not surprised. :yawn: :zzz:

:bs:

gbenga
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Imagine Hingis seating in Serena's box!!!

charmedRic
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:29 AM

:rolls:

RVD
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:51 AM
That's an awfully arrogant thought patron. There's always new to be learned..just because Serena got this far with her game, doesn't mean there ain't some tweaks that can be added.

So you saying that Roger shouldn't have hired Anacone then either?! Because he already had 16 majors, what could anyone teach him?:confused: :scratch:

No arrogance intended.
Venus and Serena practiced together all of their lives, so if Venus was going to teach Serena something, that would have occurred years ago.

Again, when Serena is the topic, why do fans always revert to referencing the ATP for comparison?
I asked for examples as to what Serena could be taught by aforementioned WTA players, yet I get ATP examples, and more questions in reply to previous questions.

I think I got enough of an answer here.
Plus butt-wipe Matt made an appearance with his typical contribution. :rolleyes:

You guys win.
Serena should hire them all to coach her to perfection.
Whoopee!!

young_gunner913
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:58 AM
This is 2012, not 1998. These girls on tour are one dimensional. :lol: Lord doesn't need all those bells and whistles to beat them. She already employs the most efficient way to win on the current WTA tour. I dont see the benefit for Lord practicing with a girl whose game is a relic from times past. But I may be wrong. :lol:

It could help her in some of the more ugly matches that she plays. I cringe when I see her come to the net at times. Being a fan of Queen Bethanie, I'm used to seeing a player who can rush the net and hit a volley that is reveled by the Gods. But with Legend's help, LordRena Jameka can refine her net skills greatly. Legend is the next best net player after her majesty, Queen Bethanie.

bandabou
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:08 AM
:confused: :scratch:

No arrogance intended.
Venus and Serena practiced together all of their lives, so if Venus was going to teach Serena something, that would have occurred years ago.

Again, when Serena is the topic, why do fans always revert to referencing the ATP for comparison?
I asked for examples as to what Serena could be taught by aforementioned WTA players, yet I get ATP examples, and more questions in reply to previous questions.

I think I got enough of an answer here.
Plus butt-wipe Matt made an appearance with his typical contribution. :rolleyes:

You guys win.
Serena should hire them all to coach her to perfection.
Whoopee!!

Your initial comment made it sound like because Hingis was less acomplished than Serena, ther couldn't be much if anything that she could teach Serena, no?! :shrug: Your words..that's why I'm saying: wether a person is a good coach or not, doesn't have anything to do with his/her acomplishments when he/she was a player.

N.M.
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:45 PM
So far Hingis is coaching Putintseva. Let's see how the new-born Kazakh does in Dubai.

LightWarrior
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Hingis certainly won't help Serena's main goal in 2013, that is winning RG again. ;)
So yeah, Hingis is useless.

C. Drone
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM
From 5 slams to bringing towels and serving refreshments. How the mighty have fallen.

Halepsova
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM
:devil:

harloo
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Your initial comment made it sound like because Hingis was less acomplished than Serena, ther couldn't be much if anything that she could teach Serena, no?! :shrug: Your words..that's why I'm saying: wether a person is a good coach or not, doesn't have anything to do with his/her acomplishments when he/she was a player.

A good/sought after coach has a track record of producing potential top players and slam champions which is something Hingis doesn't have behind her name. The fact that some of you think Serena will be training with an opponent she dominated at the end of her career is laughable. Hingis has been with Patrick for years and not one player from his academy has done anything relevant on the WTA Tour.

Let's call a thing a thing people. Patrick comes from wealth and decided he wanted to open a tennis academy without much knowledge of how to coach anyone. You don't see top players groveling for his expertise like they do for some of the other coaches that have proven themselves. And while Martina was a great player in her own right she is used for promotional purposes more than anything.

Somehow Patrick charmed his way into Serena's life after she experienced losing arguably the worst match of her career. He provided her with encouragement, affection, attention, and eventually they became romantically linked. Their hasn't been any changes to Serena's game that we haven't seen in the past decade. Emotionally, I think Patrick served Serena very well. She is a little more calm during matches otherwise she could have went on that streak without him. :)

Diesel
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:56 PM
A good/sought after coach has a track record of producing potential top players and slam champions which is something Hingis doesn't have behind her name. The fact that some of you think Serena will be training with an opponent she dominated at the end of her career is laughable. Hingis has been with Patrick for years and not one player from his academy has done anything relevant on the WTA Tour.

Let's call a thing a thing people. Patrick comes from wealth and decided he wanted to open a tennis academy without much knowledge of how to coach anyone. You don't see top players groveling for his expertise like they do for some of the other coaches that have proven themselves. And while Martina was a great player in her own right she is used for promotional purposes more than anything.

Somehow Patrick charmed his way into Serena's life after she experienced losing arguably the worst match of her career. He provided her with encouragement, affection, attention, and eventually they became romantically linked. Their hasn't been any changes to Serena's game that we haven't seen in the past decade. Emotionally, I think Patrick served Serena very well. She is a little more calm during matches otherwise she could have went on that streak without him. :)

That's how I see it. Main reason why he makes me uncomfortable. He is Serena's coach now with an academy of who's that.

Stamp Paid
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Let's call a thing a thing people.OK Iyanla :lol::lol:

Nicolás89
Nov 27th, 2012, 12:00 AM
RVD. :hug: That's all.

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:10 AM

That's a whole different discussion..

young_gunner913
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:23 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtaj06kRY1raxvr4o4_250.gif

Don't ever dismiss the magic that Daddy Patrick is working on LordRena's poon!

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM

i was waiting for someone to actually attempt to answer RVD :lol: some people may have a tennis brain but can't teach (much like how it can be in school - a good student is not necessarily a good teacher)...apart from cleaning up her net game there isn't much she has to offer serena who has played, beat and out-thought all who have sought to challenge her :shrug:

and with the ATP example, stop using Fed for eg as he is as stubborn as they come...he's always had a complete game, so Annacone has not come in to teach him anything "new"...Fed STILL does what he wants as I am sure Annacone doesn't encourage Fed to stay back that much given he's lost half a step

Chrissie-fan
Nov 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Fed STILL does what he wants as I am sure Annacone doesn't encourage Fed to stay back that much given he's lost half a step
I'm sure that Fed would serve and volley much more if the courts were faster. As it is he doesn't have that option, except for every now and then as a surprise tactic, but not as something he could affort to do on a consistent basis.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 27th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I'm sure that Fed would serve and volley much more if the courts were faster. As it is he doesn't have that option, except for every now and then as a surprise tactic, but not as something he could affort to do on a consistent basis.

i understand that part but (trying not to discuss ATP too much lol) i'm sure annacone would be encouraging him to take charge on return especially since most players tend to target his bh more often than not....annacone would definitely be trying to get him to get on the front foot instead of the safe, middle of the court, chip return his likes to play (which gets him in trouble against the other 3 who are not afraid of attacking it and putting him on the backfoot even after an "average 2nd serve")

a certain amount of that has come from arrogance of winning all those slams doing the same thing (for the most part)...it's why i think, for the most part, at this point a coach won't be teaching serena or fed anything "new" per se...maybe teaching them how to implement certain game plans against certain players but imo that's about it

also not sure about the S&V thing since he has/d such a great ability at being able to play from anywhere :lol: but i think as harloo noted, annacone another all time great so, it was an easy choice while hingis hasn't so
;)

Chrissie-fan
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:43 PM
a certain amount of that has come from arrogance of winning all those slams doing the same thing (for the most part)...it's why i think, for the most part, at this point a coach won't be teaching serena or fed anything "new" per se...maybe teaching them how to implement certain game plans against certain players but imo that's about it

True, but I don't think that people like Roger or Serena are that concerned with the strenghts and weaknesses of their opponents or about tactics. They just concentrate on themselves and assume that if they play their best they are going to win, no matter what the other guy or woman is doing.

Good point about Fed's returns. He does well in terms of the percentage of serves he gets back into play, but against "the other three" he should vary his returns a bit more - sometimes just neutralise points like he is doing now, sometimes go for a return winner and sometimes chip and charge. Fed is not a poor returner, but he's often too predictable.

TennisPhan
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM

This. Was watching all Serena YEC matches yesterday and she fails quite often with the dropshots / returning of dropshots and easy ones too. I think Hingis can help her here FOR SURE, also in the slice department (not that Serena isn't already good at it, but she can improve here) and to claim otherwise is just ignorance (RVD). It will pay off, extra free points like she already gets off her first serve.

If she then begins concentrating on these areas (while on court), she stands to weaken the other areas in the transition. She's 31 years old. Would Serena truly be open to changing her game if coached by Hingis, Venus, et all?

Why would she start to weaken in the other areas? I don't see the logic in that. It's not like she needs to replace her standard training for something new. Just needs to add a few more hours of dropshots/volleys/lob training per week. Let's hope she's not as closeminded as u are so that Hingis can help to improve her game.

TennisPhan
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:56 PM
True, but I don't think that people like Roger or Serena are that concerned with the strenghts and weaknesses of their opponents or about tactics. They just concentrate on themselves and assume that if they play their best they are going to win, no matter what the other guy or woman is doing.

Good point about Fed's returns. He does well in terms of the percentage of serves he gets back into play, but against "the other three" he should vary his returns a bit more - sometimes just neutralise points like he is doing now, sometimes go for a return winner and sometimes chip and charge. Fed is not a poor returner, but he's often too predictable.

Totally agree about Fed. Was watching the 2006 Wimbeldon final vs Rafa last night. He was so much more agressive with his returns. He would hit return winners off the backhand and forehand like Serena does. Now it's 90% slice return, which makes him predictable and easier to outplay in a longer rally (vs top 3). I don't understand why he can't see his weaknesses, because he used to do it right... and it's not a matter of age, but tactics.

Lucemferre
Nov 27th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hingis' name still has the power to troll Williams fans after all these years. Too funny.

-NAJ-
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:04 PM
Dubai - Patrick Mouratoglou & Martina Hingis cheering on Yulia Putintseva
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A88q3EjCcAEGGWG.jpg

sweetadri06
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM
This. Was watching all Serena YEC matches yesterday and she fails quite often with the dropshots / returning of dropshots and easy ones too. I think Hingis can help her here FOR SURE, also in the slice department (not that Serena isn't already good at it, but she can improve here) and to claim otherwise is just ignorance (RVD). It will pay off, extra free points like she already gets off her first serve.

Why would she start to weaken in the other areas? I don't see the logic in that. It's not like she needs to replace her standard training for something new. Just needs to add a few more hours of dropshots/volleys/lob training per week. Let's hope she's not as closeminded as u are so that Hingis can help to improve her game.

fails quite often with dropshots? no she doesn't. I guess you weren't watching her YEC matches verses kerber and Vika. Kereber kept trying those dropshots and Serena returned every one. Serena made an incredible dropshot get in the Vika match too.

Olórin
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:35 PM
fails quite often with dropshots? no she doesn't. I guess you weren't watching her YEC matches verses kerber and Vika. Kereber kept trying those dropshots and Serena returned every one. Serena made an incredible dropshot get in the Vika match too.

Yeah, it's really hard to agree with that point. Also if she was failing with drop shots any decent tennis coach in the world should be able to instruct in the basic technique and execution of drop shots. The suggestion she needs to go to Hingis for that because Hingis had a particularly nice drop shot is nonsense.

BuTtErFrEnA
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:49 PM
serena dropshots are good and effective simply because people usually back off the baseline to absorb her shots...true they don't look "conventional" but if tennis were won by who played the prettiest tennis half the players on men's and women's tour wouldn't be successful :lol:

and serena is usually one of the worst persons to drop shot because of how quick off the mark she is and how quickly she can get forward and her court positioning is usually hugging the baseline ...check that dropper she got to against vika (who thought she had won the point because it was so good) and hit a winner off it...sure she has days when she's not moving well but more often than not i wouldn't try drop shotting her unless she's so far off the court that it's virtually impossible to reach it...

Smitten
Dec 1st, 2012, 11:11 PM
Legend can teach anyone. She's arguably the most naturally talented player to step on a tennis court.

If you were to pick a former player to coach your fave, I'd hope she'd be on everyone's short list.

TennisPhan
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:32 AM

well she looks very insecure doing them and they can be done better that's why hingis/ radwanska/federer can help her.

Halepsova
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:03 AM
Dubai - Patrick Mouratoglou & Martina Hingis cheering on Yulia Putintseva
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A88q3EjCcAEGGWG.jpg

Where's Hingis in this pic?

JarkaFish
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:23 AM
Legend can teach anyone. She's arguably the most naturally talented player to step on a tennis court.

If you were to pick a former player to coach your fave, I'd hope she'd be on everyone's short list.

Who has Hingis ever coached that's gone on to do great things? No one.

rnwerner
Feb 13th, 2013, 10:26 PM
The documentary from the Mouratoglou Camp is really interesting.

Some things are not the exact way you would expect.

But it give a good view from the inside, starring Serena, Hingis, Chardy and many others.
It is a really great start of a career for players who can play here in their early stages like Putintseva.