PDA

View Full Version : Which Hero Had The Best "Saved The SEWTA" Moment of 2012 ???

SAISAI-GOAT
Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Nominations:

Na Li d Petra Kvitova 16 75 62 in Sydney P470 SF (prevented Kvitova from ascending to SEWTA #1)

Marion Bartoli d Viktoria Azarenka 63 63 in Miaim P1000 QF (stopped Azarenka's winning streak)

Maria Sharapova d Sara Errani 63 62 in Roland Garros GS2000 FINAL (prevented Errani from winning a GS title)

Serena Williams d Agnieszka Radwanska 61 57 62 in Wimbledon GS2000 FINAL (prevented Radwanska from winning a GS title and ascending to SEWTA #1)

Serena Williams d Maria Sharapova 60 61 in London OG685 FINAL (prevented Sharapova from winning a career Golden Slam)

Na Li d Agnieszka Radwanska 62 61 in Montreal P900 QF (prevented Radwanska from ascending to SEWTA #1)

Bojana Jovanovski d Julia Cohen 63 61 in Baku MM280 FINAL (prevented Cohen from winning a SEWTA title)

Laura Robson d Kimberly Clijsters 76 76 in USO GS2000 2R (prevented USO-GOAT Clijsters from taking another USO title)

Venus Williams d Monica Niculescu 62 63 in Luxembourg MM280 FINAL (prevented Niculescu from winning an indoor SEWTA title)

Serena Williams d Viktoria Azarenka 62 26 75 in USO GS2000 FINAL (prevented Azarenka from pulling away from the rest of Generation KRAP as a 2x GS CHAMP)

Stonerpova
Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Serena beating Azarenka in the US Open final. Demon Spawn winning would have been catastrophic.

BlueTrees
Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Bojana Jovanovski d Julia Cohen 63 61 in Baku MM280 FINAL (prevented Cohen from winning a SEWTA title)
This. Without question.

Cohen winning a WTA title would almost be as bad as Murray winning a Slam. :o

dsanders06
Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Much as it pains me to say it, we are all indebted to Venus for cockblocking Niculescu from a title.

FORZA SARITA
Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Much as it pains me to say it, we are all indebted to Venus for cockblocking Niculescu from a title.

please :lol:
voted for Serena-Wimbledon but Na-Montreal comes second :p

flareon
Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Shvedova d. Li Na stopped her from defending her RG title :rolls:

Uranium
Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Na beating Radwanska in Montreal.

Evan James
Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Maria, RG

NashaMasha
Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Serena beaing Agnieszka "forever slamless" Radwanska at Wimbledon definitely

next is Li Na in Montreal

dragonflies
Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Shvedova d. Li Na stopped her from defending her RG title :rolls:

:lol:

Lol, with Na's erratic play this season, even if Shvedova allowed her to go on, there was no way Na could win another FO title.

AVB
Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Kerber def. Lisucki at Wimledon. Result of the year.

Sisyphus
Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Miami F.

sweetpeas
Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Serena USO no doubt.

dragonflies
Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Voted Serena's Wimbledon. Aga won Wimbledon being ahead of Seles and Henin in the most prestigious Slam just doesn't sound right.

Also the Olympics was a tempting option as the thought of Maria has a Golden Career Slam while Serena settles with a Silver Career Slam is ground shaking.

SerenaMJ
Nov 22nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Counting all the votes together right now, Serena is the greatest savior so far.

young_gunner913
Nov 22nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
LordRena for reducing Marthifier to this:

http://upload.3ode.net/files/53598.gif

moodin0931
Nov 22nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Oudin defeating Jankovic in the final of Birmingham :bowdown:

ShiftyFella
Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:39 PM
Venus and Bojana saved WTA

NashaMasha
Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Oudin defeating Jankovic in the final of Birmingham :bowdown:

it wasn't only best save of WTA, but simulataneously the worst fail of WTA

Linguae^
Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:46 PM
Well, there are so many, but, in general, everything that includes Radwanska in a way of saving her from doing whatever possible. :)

Shvedbarilescu
Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
Hate to be a killjoy but had Aga beaten Na in Montreal she would still not have gone to number one. By this stage she was nowhere close. Her one chance was against Serena at Wimbledon.

Aryman3
Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Even more stupid thread than "Peak Brie Whitehead vs S.Lenglen" type
Amazing fall for the Forum which just 4-5 years ago gathered true connoisseurs of women tennis

SAISAI-GOAT
Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
if Aga won Montreal, she would have been SEWTA #1 :bigwave:

binky-GOAT
Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
All the players that defeated Kvitova.

moodin0931
Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
it wasn't only best save of WTA, but simulataneously the worst fail of WTA

Just proves the almighty power of the great Houdini :worship:

August
Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Lisicki def MaSha @ SW19 preventing her to reach channel slam. Not that it woulda happened anyway, at least Serena woulda prevented that.

DennisPostedThis
Nov 22nd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Na keeping Agi from reaching the #1 was legendary. While she might get there one of these days she doesn't have the record for it now.

Evan James
Nov 22nd, 2012, 11:23 PM
Maria for keeping Errani from winning GS. I mean, Ana should have won the match vs Errani in 3rd round already, if I remember Ivanovic lead 6-1 5-4 but lost the match due to lack of self confidence and than Errani started her run to the final. Once again I will say, I have nothing against Errani, but really, GS champion? It takes much more. But, good luck Errani. :)

The Dawntreader
Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:17 AM
Maria for keeping Errani from winning GS. I mean, Ana should have won the match vs Errani in 3rd round already, if I remember Ivanovic lead 6-1 5-4 but lost the match due to lack of self confidence and than Errani started her run to the final. Once again I will say, I have nothing against Errani, but really, GS champion? It takes much more. But, good luck Errani. :)

Mess :spit:

danieln1
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:12 AM
Sharapova by far. I wouldnt mind having a slamless number 1 again since it's the most common thing on SEWTA, but having Errani as a GS Champ would be too much to bear.

DennisPostedThis
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:17 AM

Saving Roland Garros in the process. ;)

Trickle
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:25 AM
To be honest, even though I voted Na whimsically due to not wanting another slamless #1, due credit to Maria. Imagine Errani (as much as I admire her personality) winning RG and then being the first victim of a Golden Set in the Open Era a few weeks later, would put fuel to the fire about the weakness of the WTA of late. :help:

Johnbert
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:25 AM
what about razzano?

Jajaloo
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:35 AM
AO Makarova def. S. Williams - allowed Vika to break through.

FO Sharapove def. Errani

Montreal Li def. Radwanska

Letigre
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Anyone who beats Errani at anytime.

Jerem
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hate to be a killjoy but had Aga beaten Na in Montreal she would still not have gone to number one. By this stage she was nowhere close. Her one chance was against Serena at Wimbledon.
This.

if Aga won Montreal, she would have been SEWTA #1 :bigwave:
No. She should have performed well in Cincinnati too, I think. In addition, Li defeated her in quarterfinal, it's not like it was in a match which could have given to Aga the #1 spot.

By the way, I'm not sure to understand why Serena saved the WTA in Wimbledon. What do you want. Aga would have won, then she would have become No.1 holding a prestigious GS title (Wimbledon), 2 Premier Mandatories (Beijing and Miami), and 4 other Premier titles (Tokyo, Carlsbad, Dubai, Brussels). If that's not enough to be considered as a No.1...

There's no 'savior' of the WTA. Just some players who defeated other players because they were better at the moment and deserved their win. This thread is actually just another one asking by detours "Who is the player you hate the most", so not interesting.

Coconut91
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Sharapova by far. Never rooted for her that much in my life.

Radwanska getting to #1 for 5 minutes or Niculescu winning a MM would not have had the same impact or importance as Errani winning a Grand Slam. Maria saved WTA for me.

Lachy
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Anyone that prevented Azarenka from winning a title.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
By the way, I'm not sure to understand why Serena saved the WTA in Wimbledon. What do you want. Aga would have won, then she would have become No.1 holding a prestigious GS title (Wimbledon), 2 Premier Mandatories (Beijing and Miami), and 4 other Premier titles (Tokyo, Carlsbad, Dubai, Brussels). If that's not enough to be considered as a No.1...

I agree, but there's really nothing to consider. Whoever has the most points is the real #1. Whether people like that player or not is (to use a popular GM word) irrelevant. It's like saying that Li or Stosur weren't the real FO and USO champions of 2011 because there are several other players around who were expected to win instead of them.

Jerem
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
I agree, but there's really nothing to consider. Whoever has the most points is the real #1. Whether people like that player or not is (to use a popular GM word) irrelevant. It's like saying that Li or Stosur weren't the real FO and USO champions of 2011 because there are several other players around who were expected to win instead of them.

Yes, that's a fact. I was just showing that Radwanska would have been a true No.1 following most of their "reasoning", and that they would have been completely contradictory with themselves by being shocked if it had occured ;)

NashaMasha
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Sharapova vs Errani
Williams S vs Radwanska
Williams S vs Azarenka

2 saves from one-slam wonders and flukes and one save from a new multiple slam winner , all of them didn't deserve such achievements in 2012 , maybe later if they try harder and play better, but not in 2012

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Serena in Olympic.

Jerem
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
Sharapova vs Errani
Williams S vs Radwanska
Williams S vs Azarenka

2 saves from one-slam wonders and flukes and one save from a new multiple slam winner , all of them didn't deserve such achievements in 2012 , maybe later if they try harder and play better, but not in 2012

Azarenka didn't deserve a second GS title this year? Argue, please.

Kasey
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Oh there were many of them, even though only one is included in the poll, which is London Olympics.

So I'd start here:
Vika trashing the Shrieking Razor in Melbourne, thus preventing the world from growing facial hair.
Vika trashing the Shrieking Razor in Indian Wells.
Aga trolling Guardians by leaving the Shrieking Razor Miamiless.
Sarin trashing the Shrieking Razor in Madrid.
Sarin TRASHING the Shrieking Razor in London.
Vika making the Shrieking Razor her ***** in NYC.
Vika dismissing the Shrieking Razor in Beijing.
Sarin being kind to allow the Shrieking Razor to get some games in Istanbul.

viktory
Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Oh there were many of them, even though only one is included in the poll, which is London Olympics.

So I'd start here:
Vika trashing the Shrieking Razor in Melbourne, thus preventing the world from growing facial hair.

why are you trolling for the sake of trolling?and that too not in an intelligent way. Calling players by insulting names just disgraces yourself. I am a fan of both masha and vika,serena too. Gm is already trolled enough by the 3 mashatards giving the entire fanbase a wondrful reputation. Dont let them drag you to their level. Most of vika's fans here are reasonable. Let it remain that way. And i agree with the poster that said this is anöther hate thread. Not a surprise though.

Evan James
Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Sharapova by far. I wouldnt mind having a slamless number 1 again since it's the most common thing on SEWTA, but having Errani as a GS Champ would be too much to bear.

Yes. :)

Kerbicz
Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
What wrong would be with Kim Clijstrs winning her fourth USO title? Can Rena be a five-time Wimbledon winer, why couldn't Kim have four New York titles?
What wrong if Vika kept her winning streak in March? I'm no fan of her, yet she's an excellent player nonetheless and she was having a great time in winter.
What wrong if Aga won last Wimby thus ascending to #1? I can understand objections against slamless First Racket, but she wouldn't be slamless, had she won.
Etc etc... The only actual goal of this thread is to feed variuos resentments harboured by some poor beings posting here.

Who will save this forum from rubbish like this thread?

saint2
Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Wozniacki, Oprandi and Hsieh.

They beat the brat with a baseball bat and kept top30 clean :bounce::bounce:

Yashal
Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Would have piked Kim defeating Karol in Melbourne and ending her reign, but since it's not an option I'll go with Serena-Wimbledon.

*Jool*
Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Na, Bojana and Serena saved us , I can't chose between them

NashaMasha
Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Azarenka didn't deserve a second GS title this year? Argue, please.

because it will be using "weak field" advantage , she won one Slam - enough for her in 2012 , a few years ago she with this game won't be reaching Semis

Six Feet Under
Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
A tie between these 4:

Serena Williams d Agnieszka Radwanska 61 57 62 in Wimbledon GS2000 FINAL (prevented Radwanska from winning a GS title and ascending to SEWTA #1)

Serena Williams d Maria Sharapova 60 61 in London OG685 FINAL (prevented Sharapova from winning a career Golden Slam)

Na Li d Agnieszka Radwanska 62 61 in Montreal P900 QF (prevented Radwanska from ascending to SEWTA #1)

viktory
Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:47 AM
What wrong would be with Kim Clijstrs winning her fourth USO title? Can Rena be a five-time Wimbledon winer, why couldn't Kim have four New York titles?
What wrong if Vika kept her winning streak in March? I'm no fan of her, yet she's an excellent player nonetheless and she was having a great time in winter.
What wrong if Aga won last Wimby thus ascending to #1? I can understand objections against slamless First Racket, but she wouldn't be slamless, had she won.
Etc etc... The only actual goal of this thread is to feed variuos resentments harboured by some poor beings posting here.

Who will save this forum from rubbish like this thread?

because it will be using "weak field" advantage , she won one Slam - enough for her in 2012 , a few years ago she with this game won't be reaching Semis

you do know that using your logic your beloved favourite has completed the career grand slam using weak field advantage. So you mean to say it was a fluke and undeserving? Ok. Your hatred is limitlep.

viktory
Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
^^ limitless.

alfonsojose
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Sorry Aga, But Serena saved us at Wimby :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kasey
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
why are you trolling for the sake of trolling?and that too not in an intelligent way. Calling players by insulting names just disgraces yourself. I am a fan of both masha and vika,serena too. Gm is already trolled enough by the 3 mashatards giving the entire fanbase a wondrful reputation. Dont let them drag you to their level. Most of vika's fans here are reasonable. Let it remain that way. And i agree with the poster that said this is anöther hate thread. Not a surprise though.

lol wut?
must be new here, get some feedback on TF and stop crying out loud.

backhandsmash
Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
Wozniacki, Oprandi and Hsieh.

They beat the brat with a baseball bat and kept top30 clean :bounce::bounce:

Who?

Mynarco
Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
NA's bitchslapping Agatha this year

StoneRose
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Vika, AO :yeah:.

GoofyDuck
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Voted Marion for best moment, Azarenka had to be stopped from winning Miami and Radwanska or Sharapova were not gonna do it.

Serena is the saviour of the year though :worship:

SunshineSlam
Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Robson for exorcising the WTA.

moodin0931
Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Robson for exorcising the WTA.

:lol::spit:

NashaMasha
Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Voted Marion for best moment, Azarenka had to be stopped from winning Miami and Radwanska or Sharapova were not gonna do it.

Serena is the saviour of the year though :worship:

in that form Azarenka would have been stopped by both . When Azarenka is becoming tired she is a punchbag

Nicolás89
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
Oudin defeating Jankovic in Birmingham. :oh:

Kasey
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
Just wondering when the Shrieking Razor will actually take Sarin into a 3 setter like Vika or Aga.
This year she's got her wig snatched like never before.
Hope Sarin stops being generous next year and sends her back to Siberia more often.

Kon.
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:16 PM
Just wondering when the Shrieking Razor will actually take Sarin into a 3 setter like Vika or Aga.
Hope Sarin stops being generous next year and sends her back to Siberia more often.

Aw, you're just trying too hard and failing. Shrieking razor? :lol:
Why does she have you all hot and bothered?

NashaMasha
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:27 PM

epic fail , Sharapova won more matches and sets vs Serena than Aza+Aga together
:help:

Jerem
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:43 PM
You just can't say that :shrug: Azarenka was so solid this year, she would have played this way the seasons before and I don't see anything which could have prevented her from doing the same. There's absolutely no reason to tell that she didn't "deserve" a second GS title this year, as she is probably one of the most constant and convincing No.1 among those we have had the last few years.

doomsday
Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM

:haha::haha::haha: That poster is a mess in every possible way.

Kasey
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:37 PM

Can you see the 2012 sign on this thread's title?:wavey:

:haha::haha::haha: That poster is a mess in every possible way.

Aren't you one of Queenpova's buddies?

Why does she have you all hot and bothered?

Coz facial hair puts me off. Guess some like that kind of kinky stuff though.

Toxic
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM

So I'd start here:

Yesss!!! AO and Olympic :hearts:

Lachy
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Atlicznie trying so hard :lol: It's...kind of comical.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk2/humanidades/tumblr_lp23m7sh2H1qfbncc.gif

Sabinator.
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Did someone def. Peer and prevent her to be a Top10? If so, this ;)

Goerges def. Peer at Charleston, I remember that, later came about 6 threats about this :lol:

Kasey
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Atlicznie trying so hard :lol: It's...kind of comical.

Never ever use a goddess Streep gif in a thread that has anything to do with the Shrieking Razor :bigcry:

Lachy
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Never ever use a goddess Streep gif in a thread that has anything to do with the Shrieking Razor :bigcry:

Your fave has one slam :spit: The 'big talk' you have going is freaking hilarious :hysteric:

viktory
Nov 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Your fave has one slam :spit: The 'big talk' you have going is freaking hilarious :hysteric:

so? How does his fave having 1 slam and your fave having 4 slams differentiates you two? You two,rather all of us here are our own person. My fave is more successful doesn't mean i am some big shot. This arguement is ridiculous. That poster is being intentionally obnoxious, ignore him or argue with him without dragging their faves.

Jerem
Nov 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
so? How does his fave having 1 slam and your fave having 4 slams differentiates you two? You two,rather all of us here are our own person. My fave is more successful doesn't mean i am some big shot. This arguement is ridiculous. That poster is being intentionally obnoxious, ignore him or argue with him without dragging their faves.

Nice to meet you :hatoff:

Kon.
Nov 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM

Are you as obsessed with anyone whose facial hair does not appeal to you? :awww:

Scola
Nov 24th, 2012, 07:19 PM

is what Williamses fans should write up every morning after opening eyes.

young_gunner913
Nov 24th, 2012, 07:23 PM
is what Williamses fans should write up every morning after opening eyes.

Glad we stay on your mind. Pay the homage to us, that your flop faves do to our Lord & Savior, Serena Jameka. :kiss:

Stonerpova
Nov 24th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Can you see the 2012 sign on this thread's title?:wavey:

Aren't you one of Queenpova's buddies?

If we're gonna be stuck with you for a while can you at least work on being funnier?

PetraReeMona
Nov 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
LordRena for reducing Marthifier to this:

http://upload.3ode.net/files/53598.gif

:yeah:

Charlatan
Nov 24th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Where is Kworb? :oh:

PetraReeMona
Nov 24th, 2012, 07:57 PM

:eek: Be careful ... Lacky will run crying to the mods and report you. :lol:

Why? You ask

:secret: He does that sort of thing if he doesn't like what you say :tape: :spit:

Kasey
Nov 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM

Whatevs.
At least you didn't post a Streep gif.

Are you as obsessed with anyone whose facial hair does not appeal to you? :awww:

No.

If we're gonna be stuck with you for a while can you at least work on being funnier?

Sory, I can't :shrug:
When it comes to the Shrieking Razor things can't be funny, they're just miserable.

nathanj594
Nov 25th, 2012, 01:16 AM
In all honesty, bickering aside, I know I'm new here, but truthfully. I am really proud of what the WTA has done this year. It makes me feel proud to be a fan of women's tennis and have something to back up the argument with. For years the ATP has had the "Big 4" and people were always constantly comparing the WTA with that fact. People were pressed because the WTA had a forever array of changing champions (Schiavonie, Na, Kvitova, Stosur with Kim and Serena sprinkled in between) and they didn't know who to favor or pick when the big tournaments came up. 2012 changed all that. How many times did any of the newly formed "Big 3" meet in the big stages of tournaments? Clearly Serena is a standout, but I am so proud of what Vika and Maria have done this year as well. Hopefully 2013 and beyond can be like this year. 2012 was a fantastic year for the WTA and no matter who saved it or not, we should all reflect on how amazing it was.

http://media.oregonlive.com/oregonian/photo/2012/08/11391891-essay.jpg