PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne bus racist abuse video puts Australian attitudes on trial

Sam L
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:28 AM
9oxVlP4pYc0

Melbourne bus racist abuse video puts Australian attitudes on trial

Woman singing in French was told to 'speak English or die' and threatened with stabbing, YouTube footage shows

Police in the Australian city of Melbourne are investigating the racist abuse of a French-speaking woman travelling on a bus in which she was told by a man to "speak English or die". The verbal abuse, captured on video by another passenger, shows a second man threatening to cut the woman with a knife.

"I'll fucking boxcutter you right now, you bitch, if you talk to my missus like that," said the male passenger, who was pushing a baby buggy, during the footage, which sparked national discussion on the level of racism in Australia (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/australia). To varying degrees all Australian states and territories have laws against racial vilification.
The incident began after the woman started singing a French song, according to another passenger on the bus, Mike Nayna. Nayna – whose YouTube video drew attention to the ugly incident (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp6J6PF47CM) – said another female passenger on the bus started to chant "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" in reply. Nayna, a comedian who turned the footage into an extended commentary on racism in Australia, said the French woman continued to sing, prompting a tirade of abuse from another male passenger.

"Speak English or die, motherfucker," the abuser says in the video. He then appears to threaten to "cut the bitch's tits off".

Melbourne, Australia's second-largest city, has large migrant communities and the spread of the video is a setback for the image it cultivates of being Australia's most culturally sophisticated metropolitan centre.
Media outlets described the incident as "shocking" and an ugly racist attack. One columnist described the perpetrators of the abuse as idiots who were being "caught on camera to their shame, and to our international embarrassment (http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/idiots-captured-on-coward-camera-20121121-29pba.html)".

Listeners to one of Melbourne's talk back radio stations, 3AW, described the verbal attack as "disgusting" and "embarrassing". One said: "To the poor woman who had to endure such abuse, I hope you don't think all Australians act like this because we don't. The guy needs to be taught a lesson."

A spokeswoman from the French embassy in Australia, Lydie Bertrand, said the embassy has not been contacted by the woman who was the target of the abuse. "We disapprove of such attitudes towards these young French girls. The incident is regrettable but isolated," she said.
Nayna told Melbourne's Herald Sun newspaper: "It was just weird mob mentality. They [the abusers] were feeding off each other and breaking off into rant and encouraging each other over some racist stuff. It was like a bonding session."

Nayna said another of the passengers offered the abuser a beer and the use of his fishing knife. "Then he went off in a rant about filleting people and saying 'They're just scared ****s at the back of the bus'."

One of the men who had shouted abuse at the French woman got off the bus with his wife and child and taunted the victim to get off as well.

"Yeah, come on ****, get off. Fucking ding, look at ya. You've been told about four times, get off," he said. Moments after he stepped off the bus he apparently smashed one of the bus windows, shocking passengers who called out for the driver to shut the doors and drive off.

The other abuser told the French woman that everyone on the bus wanted to kill her and that she would have to "get off eventually, bitch".

Victorian police say they are investigating the incident, which took place on 11 November at about 10.30pm, and have called for witnesses to come forward.
The case has fuelled debate about racist attitudes in Australia. In 2010 India issued a travel warning to its citizens intending to come to Australia after the fatal stabbing in Melbourne of a 21-year-old Indian student. Other Indian students held protests, claiming attacks on them were motivated by racism and were not being addressed by the Australian government. Indian students are the second largest group of international students studying at a tertiary level in Australia. Their enrolments dropped by 30% in 2011 and by another 26% in 2012.
In 2005 several days of racially motivated mob riots were whipped up in the Sydney beachside suburb of Cronulla (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronulla_riots) and neighbouring communities by reports of an attack on volunteer lifesavers by Middle Eastern men.
In May a British woman was sentenced to 21 weeks in jail (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/29/tube-passenger-jailed-race-rant)for racially abusing passengers on the tube in London. Jacqueline Woodhouse, 42, from Romford in Essex, launched her abusive verbal attack on several passengers on the Central Line. A seven-minute video of the tirade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihJU4fbQWrk) has been watched by more than 200,000 people on YouTube. Among her remarks, Woodhouse asked passengers around her: "Where do you come from? All over the world, fucking jokers. Fucking country's a fucking joke.
"I would like to know if any of you are illegal? I am sure 30% of you are. Fucking jokers taking the fucking piss."
The judge said Woodhouse would spend half of her sentence behind bars and was banned for five years from using the London underground and Docklands Light Railway network while drunk.

Bogans. :rolleyes: How embarrassing. I'm so glad I never encountered such attitudes in France.

Kəv.
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:37 AM
:facepalm: this is why I hate living in Australia some times.

King Halep
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Dont use the public transport at that hour

SilverSlam
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Not shocked, not even a little.

King Halep
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM
and that article is a pile of crap

MaBaker
Nov 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM
Speak English or die? lol, that moron can barely speak his native language, so his only brain cell would suffer a horrible death if he'd try to learn at least one sentece in French or any other language. Including English without all those beeps.
Not shocked, not even a little.
Why? I doubt that this is an every day event in Australia. There are morons in every country.

SilverSlam
Nov 21st, 2012, 12:33 PM
Speak English or die? lol, that moron can barely speak his native language, so his only brain cell would suffer a horrible death if he'd try to learn at least one sentece in French or any other language. Including English without all those beeps.

Why? I doubt that this is an every day event in Australia. There are morons in every country.

I've worked in retail a lot over the past few years, and there is a lot of stuff like this. Not to the point of death threats, but I've had customers who've not only mocked people I've worked with due to their race/religion, but once someone threw a chair at one of the people I worked with because they were "ruining Australia".

There's a radio station called 6PR, and it is pretty much just a collection of people with closed minds spreading hate to everyone they can. It sickens me.

Dani12
Nov 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM
These attitudes are everywhere.

Jajaloo
Nov 21st, 2012, 12:46 PM

Thank you! :worship:

Idiots like this exist everywhere. I use public transport all the time to go to University, and I've never encountered any problems or seen racism. For the large part Australians are extremely accepting of other cultures. Unfortunately there's always one bad egg in the basket.

Mynarco
Nov 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Racism? Is French a race?

PhilePhile
Nov 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Bogans. :rolleyes: How embarrassing. I'm so glad I never encountered such attitudes in France.

^ Source of the article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/21/melbourne-racist-bus-rant-australia (by Alison Rourke)

Racism? Is French a race?

There was a 'black' person with pretty 'white' women (it seems) singing in French in Melbourne, Australia. For a number of people in the bus, not a good combination.

From the poster (published on Nov 19, 2012 by viralmedia2012) of the Youtube video:

Source:http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1713073/Racial-abuse-caught-on-smartphone (21 Nov 2012, 7:53 pm, Andy Park, SBS)

A torrent of racial abuse aimed at a party of singing French backpackers aboard a Melbourne bus has been uploaded to YouTube in an attempt to shame those responsible, writes Andy Park.

A torrent of racial abuse aimed at a party of singing French backpackers aboard a Melbourne bus has been uploaded to YouTube in an attempt to shame those responsible.

The episode was filmed by Mike Nayna, who was riding the bus from Edithvale in Melbourne's south-east on November 11.

The bus was full of tired beachgoers, some of whom Mr Nayna said were intoxicated and frustrated at delays to the service, which was replacing trains, when tempers flared about 10.30pm.

"A group of French backpackers broke out into song in French at the back of the bus, but some people at the front sung 'Aussie, Aussie Aussie' back," Mr Nayna told SBS News.

He said the confrontation escalated with three passengers, including one man who can be seen in the video, calling for the "black people" to be thrown off the bus.

"I'm brown, so he clocked me and the others on the bus and he started going on a rant about he hated black people," Mr Nayna said.

"The main problem was that he was being egged on."

Mr Nayna says other passengers offered the man beer and cigarettes.

"Everyone on the bus wants to kill you," he appears to say to the French woman.

The French couple, who can also be seen in the video, did not retaliate, Mr Nayna said.

"They were really scared, really scared."

The incident ended in terrifying fashion when a rear window on the bus was smashed, causing the French couple to flee.

Mr Nayna, a stand-up comedian, said he produced and uploaded the video in a humorous style to intentionally to shame the three main offenders.

"Shame is a good word, because it was shameful behaviour. I packaged it in a way that would make it easy to share it," he said.

"I hope that these guys will be shamed into not voicing those opinions anymore. I just want them to be really embarrassed."

Dr Andre Oboler, CEO of the Online Hate Prevention Institute, told SBS the use of videos to expose racist behaviour and other forms of online hate can be a powerful public education tool.

"Social media does however need to be used with caution as such videos can be come a rallying cry for further racism if the context isn't clear.

"This poster has taken the effort to provide background, and that is very welcome, but ideally such commentary should be embedded in the video itself to prevent their removal and the misappropriation of the content for the purpose of hate promotion."

Mr Nayna said he would happily provide information to police or a court about the incident but said he felt exposing the behaviour would be more effective than punitive measures.

Steadyniacki
Nov 21st, 2012, 01:32 PM

You would be very surpised. I live in the Central Coast near Sydney and legit there are a rediculous amount of bogans. Racial slurs are extremely common I've seen it happen many many times. I think it's more to do with where you live, some areas just harbour bogans and racists. I would be surprised if she wasnt travelling to a dodgy town in Melbourne.

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 21st, 2012, 01:36 PM
These attitudes are everywhere.

+1. Not surprising. Even in Malaysia, you'll hear cases e.g. a Muslim people asking the pigs (i.e. Chinese people) to go back to China once in a while and these kind of statement would be from an educator to their student.

Mynarco
Nov 21st, 2012, 01:48 PM
+1. Not surprising. Even in Malaysia, you'll hear cases e.g. a Muslim people asking the pigs (i.e. Chinese people) to go back to China once in a while and these kind of statement would be from an educator to their student.

:unsure:

Mikey.
Nov 21st, 2012, 01:56 PM
You would be very surpised. I live in the Central Coast near Sydney and legit there are a rediculous amount of bogans. Racial slurs are extremely common I've seen it happen many many times. I think it's more to do with where you live, some areas just harbour bogans and racists. I would be surprised if she wasnt travelling to a dodgy town in Melbourne.

Oh no! :crying2: but gurl LBR, basically everywhere that isn't one of the large metropolitan cities like Sydney, Melbourne etc is flooded with awful bogans.

No one can doubt that we do have racists here in Australia, as does every country. These kind of "views" get more common as you travel further out from the big cities to more rural areas where majority of the population is white and of working class (am I allowed to say that now these days? :sobbing:).

My father for instance comes from a country town here in Australia, and he along with the majority of his family are full of hate and discrimination. He will never stop putting down any other race/religion/whatever whenever he gets the chance. Not that he would go out and do it as publicly as these people on a bus, but it is still there behind closed doors. Still, I find it very frustrating to be surrounded by people like this.

M.S.F
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
Video in details

hp6J6PF47CM

:tape:

M.P
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:43 PM
this is completely bullsht and stupid

Flavia P.
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM
Very sad. But this shit does happen everywhere, in every country, and is often much worse and ends up in legit physical violence and is even more random than this.

I have a question, not trying to offend, but are Aussies really nationalistic in general?

King Halep
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM
the only time they get nationalistic is when watching sports :lol:

Steadyniacki
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM
Very sad. But this shit does happen everywhere, in every country, and is often much worse and ends up in legit physical violence and is even more random than this.

I have a question, not trying to offend, but are Aussies really nationalistic in general?

Yes very. One of the things I hate the most is extreme nationalism.

Thanos
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM

i live in sydney, we went to central coast back in the mid 90s and locals were giving us death stares. i heard nowsdays, many middle eastern migrants are moving to central coast.

SilverSlam
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM

You have NO idea. And what's worse is all "true blue" white Australians like to claim that we have such a great heritage and that everyone else should leave.

But in reality, it was the white europeans, like themselves, who moved over here and either tortured, enslaved, or killed the native race. :help:

It's fucked.

SilverSlam
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:54 PM

Um no, unfortunately it's a lot more often than that :lol:

Flavia P.
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:59 PM
OK, so basically the answer is yes. Because that's the vibe I've always gotten from Australia, that the people there are super nationalistic to the point of aggressiveness. Very sad, but again, all countries have these issues.

Novichok
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:25 PM

Are you Australian? :rolleyes:

Super Dave
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'm glad I have a car. At least the only people that threaten to cut me when I'm en route to somewhere are my family.

Dominic
Nov 21st, 2012, 07:47 PM
OMG what a Freak :help:

kwilliams
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:17 PM
Ugh, that video was very disturbing. Those men were very aggressive. I would've been crapping my pants if I was on the receiving end of that abuse. I can't believe that the guy actually threw something at the bus!!

My closest Australian friends are Chinese Australian Sydneysiders so they're not racist but they're not super politically correct either. Not that political correctness is much of an indicator but I think it can tell you a little something of the overall mentality/attitude towards an issue. Like they use slang terms for aboriginal Australians and the Lebanese. Often, they might even be speaking about friends when using these terms so they really don't mean to be offensive but it kind of irks me when I hear those terms because they can be quite readily be used in a negative way. Anyway, they're some of the nicest people I've ever met and they represent Australia wonderfully everywhere they go with all of their loveliness!! Some of them are coming to visit me soon!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Also, one time, one of them showed me a video from a comedy show (Hamish and Andy, anyone know them?) and they were mocking how much Australians used the term "unaustralian." It's kinda funny and interesting.

I remember the stories about the attacks on Indians in Australia. It seemed like there was really a spate of them. There have been quite a few serious attacks against Irish people in the last year or so.

hdfb
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:15 PM
It's a very isolated incident.... It really depends on which area you area you are in. The area(s) mentioned in the article are the buttend of Melbournians jokes for breeding the most racist, uncultured and uneducated folk in Melbourne suburbs.

Australians can be nationalistic at times but I would never say its extreme nationalism, only very isolated incidents. You could never compare the nationalism in Australia to countries like Japan where things can go pretty far! (Walked past a rally in Japan saying Japanese people shouldn't have accepted foreign aid from South Korea for the March 11th Tohoku incident because South Koreans are pigs)

LeRoy.
Nov 22nd, 2012, 08:27 AM
Aussies :help: :o

A lot of them descended from criminals of the worst kind so I guess that explains their aggressiveness. I am not calling all Aussie's aggressive...

Mikey.
Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:49 AM

A lot of them descended from criminals of the worst kind so I guess that explains their aggressiveness. I am not calling all Aussie's aggressive...

omg :weirdo: If I see one more person say that... And why does no one ever mention how once upon a time the Americas were also heavily colonised with convicts?

The majority of our population consists of immigrants or descendants immigrants who moved here mainly from Europe during the periods of gold rushes and post-war 'Populate or perish' policies.

SilverSlam
Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:56 AM

:spit: Okay. Well whatever helps you sleep at night I guess :rolls:

Maybe do some research before you comment on a topic you know little (nothing) about.

Sam L
Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
The Frenchwoman speaks out

The French woman targeted in a racist attack on a Melbourne bus (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/racist-rants-mar-suburban-bus-ride-20121121-29p2r.html?rand=1353524296205) earlier this month says she and her friends were terrified they would be physically assaulted by a group of fellow passengers.

It comes as police confirm they are investigating the tirade unleashed on Fanny Desaintjores aboard a bus travelling between Mordialloc and Caulfield, in which she was called a c---, a dog and threatened with having her breasts cut off after she sang a song in her native tongue.

Ms Desaintjores told Fairfax Media she and about nine friends were on the bus, having spent the day at the beach for a barbecue and enjoying the weather.
Advertisement
On the bus, Ms Desaintjores said, "we sang French popular joyful songs, not coarse at all".
She said a man she believed to be drunk told her and her friends to shut up - "probably because he did not know the song and did not understand the words".
She said her group did not hear the man's threats at first, so he began to yell and become more aggressive.
"I was sitting in the middle of the bus at the back, so he could stare at me while screaming," Ms Desaintjores said.
"I thought he was kind of joking at first and then I realised he wasn't kidding at all, so my friends and I stopped laughing. We were quite afraid that he [would come] and hit us."
A couple, a woman and a man, pushing a pram, also joined in. The man shouted: "I'll f---ing boxcutter you right now, dog."
Ms Desaintjores said that when the couple got off the bus, the man smashed a window close to them and glass fragments hit her and a friend.
"At this point, I was really scared," she said.
"I realise that maybe we shouldn't sing in a public transport, but I think that's insane that they reacted like that, we're all adults. We could have a conversation and talk gently, instead of all these insults and threats."
The incident was reported to police on Wednesday after video footage of the incident went viral.
She was abused and called a c---, a dog, a bitch and, after singing in French, was told to "speak English or die motherf---er".
Police are looking for the two men and the woman. Anyone with information about the incident, or who was on the bus, is asked to phone CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/i-realised-he-wasnt-kidding--i-stopped-laughing-20121122-29r48.html

King Halep
Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
Um no, unfortunately it's a lot more often than that :lol:

do you care to elaborate on the extreme nationalism that you have encountered. this is a country that doesnt even give a toss about its own national day. i could name a bunch of asian countries that have more screwed up racial policies

King Halep
Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Sam L what is your interest in this matter? Are you trying to insinuate that the city/country has a particularly overt problem or are you just stirring the pot? Anyone who takes public transport or goes out late at night should be prepared to run into drunks.

SilverSlam
Nov 22nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
do you care to elaborate on the extreme nationalism that you have encountered. this is a country that doesnt even give a toss about its own national day. i could name a bunch of asian countries that have more screwed up racial policies

Umm do you live in Australia? Look I'm just saying, there is a lot of people who are very white australia. If you don't know what that mess, I suggest you look up the White Australia Policy which has now been abolished, but is the common view for a LOT of people.

King Halep
Nov 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
i know what you are talking about and i dont think most city people think like that. rural people might be different but you get rednecks in every country. thats how right wing parties get votes

SilverSlam
Nov 22nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
i know what you are talking about and i dont think most city people think like that. rural people might be different but you get rednecks in every country. thats how right wing parties get votes

Well I live on the other side of Australia to where this happened, but I think it's worse over here than there. Melbourne is by far the most culturally excepting place, which is why I'm shocked that this happened there and not somewhere else.

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
9oxVlP4pYc0

I feel so sad for the poor woman and what kind of a man gets his kicks from threatening a woman. The woman must have been terrified.

austennisfan
Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:57 AM

Well considering a left wing party set up the white Australia policy and a right wing government was behind the biggest immigration period of Australia's modern history, I tend to disagree with that statement. There is no doubt that there is a large portion of the Australian population who are against immigration. This is evident in some racist shirts being sold in the middle of supermarkets. You know the ones that say we are Australian, we eat pies, speak english etc. I also believe we are sometimes too nationalistic, with most people saying Australia is the best country. Unfortunately, I don't think this helps us grow as a nation as we seem to overlook the many failings of this country, especially the horrendous public transport in some cities and how we treat tourists. When you go overseas most signs are written in English as well as the native language, just imagining trying to introduce Chinese, Japanese or even Arabic signage to help tourists get around cities.

Yoncé
Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:10 AM

That's not at all true.

Mateo Mathieu
Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:35 AM

*dead*

JN
Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:02 AM
OMG what a Freak :help:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/gorilla.png

You would know. :rolleyes:

sav001
Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:55 PM

You would know. :rolleyes:

I think you posted this in the wrong thread ;)

JN
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
I think you posted this in the wrong thread ;)

Oh, there's a special thread for calling out racist hypocrites? :confused: Please provide a link.

Steadyniacki
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Oh, there's a special thread for calling out racist hypocrites? :confused: Please provide a link.

But he wasn't being racist?

It's like someone saying Marion looks like a cake. Not racist, just rude.

JN
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:19 PM

Opinion noted.

mykarma
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Sam L what is your interest in this matter? Are you trying to insinuate that the city/country has a particularly overt problem or are you just stirring the pot? Anyone who takes public transport or goes out late at night should be prepared to run into drunks.
Drunks yes, threatened to have your breast cut off or die, NO.

mykarma
Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM

:spit:

JN
Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
:spit:

The worst thing is, he's not even trolling. :help:

Steadyniacki
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Opinion noted. http://imageshack.us/a/img19/2434/dancekkk.gif

Is that a reference to the KKK?

How bloody dare you.

Ferg
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:16 AM

Please tell me you're joking. There is a massive difference between a racial slur and a stupid fat insult.

Steadyniacki
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Please tell me you're joking. There is a massive difference between a racial slur and a stupid fat insult.

I don't understand how it is a racial slur? Maybe cake was a bad example (Thought id try and use TF joke)

Its like calling idk maria a giraffe. Just rude I don't see any racial taunting. Its just annoying to see Serena fans pull the race card every 2 seconds when 99.99% of us on here don't have a problem with race.

JN
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Is that a reference to the KKK?

How bloody dare you.

Sorry, I couldn't find a smiley that denotes 'racial apologist', but you get the gist.

Ferg
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I don't understand how it is a racial slur? Maybe cake was a bad example (Thought id try and use TF joke)

Its like calling idk maria a giraffe. Just rude I don't see any racial taunting. Its just annoying to see Serena fans pull the race card every 2 seconds when 99.99% of us on here don't have a problem with race.

Because calling a black person a monkey or in this case gorilla was always seen as a pretty nasty racial insult. At least it is here. Its extremely degrading. Theres always huge controversy in Europe on the odd occasion during football matches that black players are subjected to taunts and monkey chants during matches. Its just not something you joke about. Its a slur. It would be like making nasty Holocaust insults towards Jews or something. Look at how offended many posters were here on this thread when that guy made a comment about this happening because all your ancestors were criminals. Its very much the same.

Steadyniacki
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Because calling a black person a monkey or in this case gorilla was always seen as a pretty nasty racial insult. At least it is here. Its extremely degrading. Theres always huge controversy in Europe on the odd occasion during football matches that black players are subjected to taunts and monkey chants during matches. Its just not something you joke about. Its a slur. It would be like making nasty Holocaust insults towards Jews or something.

Well if that is the case, then I can see where your coming from. Personally I've never heard gorilla used as a racial slur in my life, but maybe that is an Australian thing. From my point of view its just an insult with no racial vilification attached.

Steadyniacki
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Sorry, I couldn't find a smiley that denotes 'racial apologist', but you get the gist.

Just for the record I found that extremely offensive and out of line.

PhilePhile
Nov 24th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Well if that is the case, then I can see where your coming from. Personally I've never heard gorilla used as a racial slur in my life, but maybe that is an Australian thing. From my point of view its just an insult with no racial vilification attached.

And in Australia, you "personally" know http://imageshack.us/a/img19/2434/dancekkk.gif is alluding to the kkk - yet you feel that a 'black' person being referred to as a gorilla has no "racial vilification attached" to the insult.

Interestingly, playing dumb after a racist act is a key characteristic feature of a 'smart' racist.

JN
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:04 AM

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/buckwheat-1.jpg (http://www.chazzking.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/buckwheat.jpg)

Steadyniacki
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
And in Australia, you "personally" know http://imageshack.us/a/img19/2434/dancekkk.gif is alluding to the kkk - yet you feel that a 'black' person being referred to as a gorilla has no "racial vilification attached" to the insult.

Interestingly, playing dumb after a racist act is a key characteristic feature of a 'smart' racist.

I was unsure, but saw 'KKK' is in the url.

Legit never heard of term 'gorilla' before, I live in Australia and not many African or African-American people live here. I admitted that I see where your coming from after a simple explination. Let it go and stop inferring that I'm a racist, that is a serious term and I do find offensive. When did I ever do or say anything racist? :facepalm:

And JN, still not impressed.

tennisbear7
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:26 PM
:help: You must be living under a rock if you've never heard the word "Gorilla" being used in a racially derogatory manner. :spit:

Dodoboy.
Nov 24th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I was unsure, but saw 'KKK' is in the url.

Legit never heard of term 'gorilla' before, I live in Australia and not many African or African-American people live here. I admitted that I see where your coming from after a simple explination. Let it go and stop inferring that I'm a racist, that is a serious term and I do find offensive. When did I ever do or say anything racist? :facepalm:

And JN, still not impressed.

You're such a fail :banghead:

Sam L
Nov 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
They've made arrests.

Two people have been arrested over the racist tirade towards a French woman on a Melbourne bus which went viral on social media after being filmed by a fellow passenger earlier this week.
A 24-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman, both from Hampton Park, were questioned today and released without charge pending further inquiries.
Police are still looking for the man who instigated the verbal attack.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/15462738/arrests-over-racist-youtube-bus-rant/

Good. I hope they're caught.

Steadyniacki
Nov 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM
You're such a fail :banghead:

Remind me not to get mixed up with the ethics police on TF.

Fair point I was missing something. Not a fair point to be called racist. I'm gonna leave it at that.

Steven.
Nov 24th, 2012, 02:41 PM
i've never heard of gorilla used as an insult either until tf. I thought it was just a direct attack at Serena and not black people in general, just saying.

Ferg
Nov 24th, 2012, 02:45 PM
i've never heard of gorilla used as an insult either until tf. I thought it was just a direct attack at Serena and not black people in general, just saying.

Just because it was directed at one person doesnt make it any less racist.

Alizé Molik
Nov 25th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Did a whole bunch of posts get deleted from this thread or did JN just post that Dominic screen cap and hijack this thread for no reason?

SilverSlam
Nov 25th, 2012, 02:57 PM

I've never heard anyone be called a gorilla either...

Dominic
Nov 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Just because it was directed at one person doesnt make it any less racist.

It does actually, racism has to include a generalization of all ppl of a certain race of some form

BTW I had never heard of the word "gorilla" being used as a racist term either.

Dominic
Nov 25th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Did a whole bunch of posts get deleted from this thread or did JN just post that Dominic screen cap and hijack this thread for no reason?

Nope he is that pathetic and obsessed. :lol:

hablo
Nov 25th, 2012, 08:47 PM
:help: You must be living under a rock if you've never heard the word "Gorilla" being used in a racially derogatory manner. :spit:

I've never heard anyone be called a gorilla either...
I second the comment of tennisbear7 about living in a cave... :help:

It does actually, racism has to include a generalization of all ppl of a certain race of some form

And you supposedly live in Canada? You're lying... :haha:

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:38 PM

What an idiot, it's better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. :rolleyes:

JN
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:41 PM

Yeah, that's why you rushed to edit it and FAILED! But here's an example 'of the word "gorilla" being used as a racist term:'

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:48 PM
You're offended but had not problems accusing Serena fans of playing the race card every two seconds. :rolleyes:

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, that's why you rushed to edit it and FAILED! But here's an example 'of the word "gorilla" being used as a racist term:'

Deleted my post that said the same thing. Dominic knew exactly what he was saying and went to far as most racist do at one time or another and got busted. Wasn't he one of the posters that got busted in their thread making all kinds of racist remarks against Serena for beating their fav. That thread was so bad that the mods not only had to delete multiple post but also gave warnings and banned a couple of people and the idiot Six Feet Under accused Serena fans of playing some dumb race card.

Reptilia
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:14 PM
No surprises that this thread would consist of TF's Race police trio (Mykarma, JN and Dama Do Bling) and Dominic :lol: Seriously could you guys have anything more to add to this discussion? :confused: It has been done SO MANY TIMES.

Ferg
Nov 25th, 2012, 11:32 PM

So I can call somebody a black bastard for example and get away with it because I directed it at one person rather than a certain race? riiiiiiiiiiight :lol: You all are crazy if you honestly dont think gorilla is a racist term. Like you'd describe a white player as a gorilla. :rolleyes: Things must just be different in Australia to Europe or the US or something. Really baffled here.

Helen Lawson
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:09 AM
No surprises that this thread would consist of TF's Race police trio (Mykarma, JN and Dama Do Bling) and Dominic :lol: Seriously could you guys have anything more to add to this discussion? :confused: It has been done SO MANY TIMES.

Their bullshit will never stop.

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Can you and this thread is about racism in case you haven't read it.

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Hi hon. :wavey:

Helen Lawson
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Can you and this thread is about racism in case you haven't read it.

Because the incident on the tape segues so easily into the KKK and gorilla as a racial epithet.

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Because the incident on the tape segues so easily into the KKK and gorilla as a racial epithet.
Where is your post where you've added anything to the subject matter?

Helen Lawson
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Where is your post where you've added anything to the subject matter?

In other words, you have no answer for derailing another thread into gorillas and KKK.

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:34 AM
In other words, you have no answer for derailing another thread into gorillas and KKK.
Good try but please show us your post where you've added anything to the topic of this thread otherwise, HAVE A SEAT.

http://4.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/clint-eastwood-chair-at-rnc/eastwood-chair.jpg

Dominic
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:07 AM

I know they need Jesus, and even him would probably lose hope with these low lives :lol:

Dominic
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:13 AM
But here's an example 'of the word "gorilla" being used as a racist term:'

Showing your non-understanding of the concept of "racism" as usual.. When I said it, it had nothing to do with Servena's skin colour, but her size, muscles and masculinity. I called her a gorilla like I could have called Arnold Swarzenegger a gorilla. If you chose to see racism in this (like you do in EVERYTHING) it's your damn problem and I don't give any f***s sorry :zzz:

And I did edit my post because someone told me it was frequently used as a racist term and the little story about football players being taunted and called monkeys or whatever which I had no idea about.

Novichok
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:19 AM
"Gorilla" is not a necessarily racist/racial term. Is there evidence of any other racist posts by Dominic. If not, why shouldn't we give him the benefit of the doubt?

Steadyniacki
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:07 AM
"Gorilla" is not a necessarily racist/racial term. Is there evidence of any other racist posts by Dominic. If not, why shouldn't we give him the benefit of the doubt?

Exactly. I was just being nice in the first place and then it turned into a mess. I'm glad other people see my side.

Helen Lawson
Nov 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Good try but please show us your post where you've added anything to the topic of this thread otherwise, HAVE A SEAT.

http://4.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/clint-eastwood-chair-at-rnc/eastwood-chair.jpg

In other words, you have no answer for derailing another thread into the KKK and gorillas.

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:37 PM
In other words, you have no answer for derailing another thread into the KKK and gorillas.
Last comment to you regarding this but the reason you keep spinning is because you haven't added anything to the topic at hand. Hey listen since you've returned to TF with your tail between your legs like the coward that you are I've not said anything to you but it you'd like to start your bitter war again the results will be the same, you'll lose and once again,"HAVE A SEAT".

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Of course not it's all about intent but Dominic got banned for his racist remarks so I guess that says a lot. You can feel anyway you like about Dominic it's just that he and Helen Lawson are trolls and Helen Lawson got sanctioned for trolling and making up lies about me while I had him on ignore.

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Exactly. I was just being nice in the first place and then it turned into a mess. I'm glad other people see my side.
I thought you said you now understood that Gorilla used in certain context was racist and isn't the fact that you now know a good thing.

Helen Lawson
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Of course not it's all about intent but Dominic got banned for his racist remarks so I guess that says a lot. You can feel anyway you like about Dominic it's just that he and Helen Lawson are trolls and Helen Lawson got sanctioned for trolling and making up lies about me while I had him on ignore.

Let's set the record straight. You run around here on a daily basis calling people racists, KKK members and ruining otherwise decent threads. I make a single fat joke about you in another thread and you bitch about it to moderators (because JR told you to) to give me a warning. A fat joke. Girlfriend can dish it out, but she can't take it. Of course you'd scream racism if the roles were reversed, so you get away with your garbage here.
Still no answer on how the bus incident in Australia implies the KKK or gorillas. Perhaps JR can assist you.

Helen Lawson
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Last comment to you regarding this but the reason you keep spinning is because you haven't added anything to the topic at hand. Hey listen since you've returned to TF with your tail between your legs like the coward that you are I've not said anything to you but it you'd like to start your bitter war again the results will be the same, you'll lose and once again,"HAVE A SEAT".

Cowards tattle to moderators about a fat joke. I have never once reported a post.

wild.river
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Big-Box Stores Wrestle E-Commerce Gorilla
HEARD ON THE STREET | November 25, 2012

Forget Cyber Monday. This year, it's Cyber Two Weeks.

Major retailers like Wal-Mart, WMT -0.91%Target TGT -2.04%and Best Buy BBY +0.86%are extending online sales in both directions from the Monday after Thanksgiving, the biggest online shopping day of the year in the U.S. by sales, according to comScore. But for many big-box stores, their online tactics during the holidays have the same goal as during the rest of the year: Take market share from Amazon.com AMZN +0.27%.

Indeed, Amazon, whose global revenue from retail totaled $46.5 billion in 2011, is the gorilla in the e-commerce room. By comparison, Wal-Mart has said it expects to do over $9 billion in global e-commerce revenue in fiscal 2014, beginning in February.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324712504578137363799396202.html
------

:help:

JN
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:48 PM

You forgot to add that crotchety old wig-wearing race-baiting has been who's recently emerged from the mothballs of a self-induced banning. He knows who he is. http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/granny_smiley.gif

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:54 PM
You forgot to add that crotchety old wig-wearing race-baiting has been who's recently emerged from the mothballs of a self-induced banning. He knows who he is. http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/granny_smiley.gif
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Dominic
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:18 AM

Are you kidding me? You are mind numbingly stupid. I used it to compare Servena to Naomi Campbell and show how incredibly different ther bodyshapes were. If you hadn't noticed, Naomi Campbell is also black and my goal in this post was to emphasize how very different they looked, so you would have to be INCREDIBLY stupid and completely devoid of the ability to use logic and make links to think the intent what to be racist..... ohhh that's pretty much your (and JN's) resume :lol: I get it now :sobbing:

Dominic
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:28 AM
I second the comment of tennisbear7 about living in a cave... :help:

Well appearantly a hell of a lot of ppl live in a cave huh :weirdo: I guess mykarma, proud member of the "bring in the race card every 2 seconds, even when it has absolutely nothing to do with the situation" police trio seems to be living in a cave since it said it doesn't think it's necessarely a racist term.

JN
Nov 27th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Whine, racist, whine... http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/violin.gif

Dominic
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:32 PM
:zzz: that word has no signification anymore when you say it. It's like when someone super high starts repeating the same word a million times and starts laughing for no reason, :lol:

JN
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:44 PM
:zzz: that word has no signification anymore when you say it. It's like when someone super high starts repeating the same word a million times and starts laughing for no reason, :lol:

So you say, but it certainly has significance when you try to deny it. http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8284/smh2.gif And it's really disgusting.

hablo
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Well appearantly a hell of a lot of ppl live in a cave huh :weirdo: I guess mykarma, proud member of the "bring in the race card every 2 seconds, even when it has absolutely nothing to do with the situation" police trio seems to be living in a cave since it said it doesn't think it's necessarely a racist term.

Yeah YOU obviously do or should I say pretend to. :tape: I don't know where you are getting the "a hell of a lot ppl live in a cave huh" from. :crazy::haha::scratch:

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Yeah YOU obviously do or should I say pretend to. :tape: I don't know where you are getting the "a hell of a lot ppl live in a cave huh" from. :crazy::haha::scratch:

Ahem well partly from reading this very thread you illiterate loser :haha:
and also from ppl who told me they also didn't think the word had a direct racist connotation. Anyway, I'm not interested in the opinion of weirdos like you so go talk to someone else ok :awww:

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:26 AM
So you say, but it certainly has significance when you try to deny it. http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8284/smh2.gif And it's really disgusting.

Yes it does, I actually have arguments supporting what I say, unlike you who are just a raving paranoiac who pulls the race card everytime someone disagrees with him (or says something negative about Servena)

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I pray that I will never encounter you people in real life. :lol:

JN
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Yes it does, I actually have arguments supporting what I say, unlike you who are just a raving paranoiac who pulls the race card everytime someone disagrees with him (or says something negative about Servena)

You have arguments, I have that + history. You lose, bigot.

Unfortunately, or not, you'll never know, cuz they won't say the shit they do on here to a person's face. They're at most cowardly, closet/cyber racists, hiding behind a screen and the anonymity of the web, practicing their craft. :help:

starin
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I'm not surprised. Australia is an island filled with a lot of aggressive racists.

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM

Haha you better wish that, if you ever see me walking down the hall look the other way, cause you're out of control, you're out of control. Totally out of control, you're a hater, and you're unattractive.... inside! Don't even look at me, cause I'm not the one. Don't look my way! Oh and if I could, I would take a tennis ball and shove it down your throat :fiery: :mad:

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Haha you better wish that, if you ever see me walking down the hall look the other way, cause you're out of control, you're out of control. Totally out of control, you're a hater, and you're unattractive.... inside! Don't even look at me, cause I'm not the one. Don't look my way! Oh and if I could, I would take a tennis ball and shove it down your throat :fiery: :mad:
Boy bye. I could encounter your slut ass on grindr or jack'd very easily if I wanted to. :lol:

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:21 PM
You have arguments, I have that + history. You lose, bigot.

So you think you know what everyone thinks because of stuff that some other ppl did or said a number of years ago? :help::help::help:
The only person who knows what I truly meant is me and I'm telling you why it wasn't used with a racist connotation and I even explained in this thread why it would be completely stupid to think that it was.
Like I said if you don't believe me, I don't give a f*** if you wanna believe I'm a racist, I'm fine with it, if you wanna believe I'm a serial killer I'm fine with it, hell if you wanna believe I'm satan I'm fine with it. Your opinion is garbage to me because you're unwell.

Unfortunately, or not, you'll never know, cuz they won't say the shit they do on here to a person's face. They're at most cowardly, closet/cyber racists, hiding behind a screen and the anonymity of the web, practicing their craft. :help:

OMG seriously you sound like you need the help of a professional and I'm not even saying that to attack you, I'm dead serious. You have an obsession with "racism" (the one you hallucinate).

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Boy bye. I could encounter your slut ass on grindr or jack'd very easily if I wanted to. :lol:

Ahem ok, I don't really get what your point is. Is this supposed to scare me in some way?
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=2473802&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/2473802/serena-lhao.html)

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Ahem ok, I don't really get what your point is. Is this supposed to scare me in some way?
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=2473802&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/2473802/serena-lhao.html)No fool, its just to make fun of you and your whorish ways. All the shit you talk and you can't take a joke? Lighten up! :lol::lol:

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:44 PM
No fool, its just to make fun of you and your whorish ways. All the shit you talk and you can't take a joke? Lighten up! :lol::lol:

Oh sorry, I usually don't joke around with douches... but I did laugh my ass off at the thought of you supposedly being threatening :haha:

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Oh sorry, I usually don't joke around with douches... but I did laugh my ass off at the thought of you supposedly being threatening :haha:Yes. I know that as a power bottom, you take your douches very seriously. :lol::lol:

hablo
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Ahem well partly from reading this very thread you illiterate loser :haha:
and also from ppl who told me they also didn't think the word had a direct racist connotation. Anyway, I'm not interested in the opinion of weirdos like you so go talk to someone else ok :awww:
I don't believe you... :help:

I second LBV's quote below.

Ditto. :lol:

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I don't believe you... :help:

I second LBV's quote below.

Dude are you really that retarded or it's just an act? Even ppl in this freakin' thread have said that :lol: do you think I paid them to post that :haha: idiot. and I also received reps and pm saying basically the same, and like I said about JN, the same applies for you, I could not care less if an asshat like you believes me or not. :wavey:

hablo
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:06 PM
^^^Okaayy. :tape:

It says it all that those posters won't say their opinions on this issue in this thread but prefer to to do it in pms or whatever. But then again, I think you're racist and a liar. :lol:

cya :bigwave:

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:35 PM
^^^Okaayy. :tape:

It says it all that those posters won't say their opinions on this issue in this thread but prefer to to do it in pms or whatever. But then again, I think you're racist and a liar. :lol:

cya :bigwave:

Ahem except that some of them DID post it in this thread like I said a zillion times :haha: :haha: :haha:
OMG what a freakin' FAIL, you should be embarrassed :sobbing: it is VERY stupid to post something like that without actually reading the thread

JN
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:10 PM
So you think you know what everyone thinks because of stuff that some other ppl did or said a number of years ago? :help::help::help:
The only person who knows what I truly meant is me and I'm telling you why it wasn't used with a racist connotation and I even explained in this thread why it would be completely stupid to think that it was.
Like I said if you don't believe me, I don't give a f*** if you wanna believe I'm a racist, I'm fine with it, if you wanna believe I'm a serial killer I'm fine with it, hell if you wanna believe I'm satan I'm fine with it. Your opinion is garbage to me because you're unwell.

OMG seriously you sound like you need the help of a professional and I'm not even saying that to attack you, I'm dead serious. You have an obsession with "racism" (the one you hallucinate).

:scratch: Hmm, it sure took quite a few words for you to arrive at that statement, and you still weren't finished. :tape:

JN
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Dude are you really that retarded or it's just an act? Even ppl in this freakin' thread have said that :lol: do you think I paid them to post that :haha: idiot. and I also received reps and pm saying basically the same, and like I said about JN, the same applies for you, I could not care less if an asshat like you believes me or not. :wavey:

I don't remember anyone saying you were the only bigot, racist, and/or racial apologist on TF, so what's your point? :confused:

SN: LMAO @ your childish herd mentality. :lol: If no one on TF agreed with me that you're a racist, which is obviously not the case, you'd still be one!

Dominic
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:16 AM
:scratch: Hmm, it sure took quite a few words for you to arrive at that statement, and you still weren't finished. :tape:

No I've come to that conclusion a long time ago and I did say it many times before, that doesn't mean I can't tell you how pathetic sad and paranoiac you are

Dominic
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:27 AM
I don't remember anyone saying you were the only bigot, racist, and/or racial apologist on TF, so what's your point? :confused:

You are incredibly stupid :lol: your inability to follow a conversation, as a middle aged guy is baffling. All I said was that I didn't know "gorilla" had racist connotations (and appearantly it doesn't, even your sidekick mykarma said it) and that lots of posters had posted/told me they also had never heard that. I never said I wasn't a bigot because some ppl told me I wasn't :lol: I'm not a bigot because I think every single person is different, no matter their skin colour (or sexual orientation, or sex or whatever). There are black lunatic idiots (you LBV and mykarma being prime examples) just like there are white, just like there are asian, etc. race has nothing to do with that.

Not liking one tennis player (who's a classless bitch btw) doesn't make one a racist :lol:
I'm actually interested in hearing what, in your twisted deformed mind, made you think that I was a racist? I want precise quotes. I wanna know how that obsession appeared and maybe have my friend who's a student in psychiatry, study your case :help:

hablo
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Ahem except that some of them DID post it in this thread like I said a zillion times :haha: :haha: :haha:
OMG what a freakin' FAIL, you should be embarrassed :sobbing: it is VERY stupid to post something like that without actually reading the thread

:haha: :haha: :haha:

The only one embarrassing themselves is you... :hug:

Dominic
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:00 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

The only one embarrassing themselves is you... :hug:

What a great way to show you have absolutely nothing to say and you got totally owned but are so childish you still wanna try to have the last word by posting something meaningless :cheer: well done ;)

Helen Lawson
Dec 4th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Did this guy ever get charged?

kwilliams
Jun 4th, 2013, 03:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=australian+woman+abuses+teena ger+on+bus&oq=australian+woman+abuses+teenager+on+bus&gs_l=youtube.3...84.6667.0.6882.34.30.0.3.3.0.291. 2694.19j10j1.30.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.QeW6uSs umfA

The Sydneysiders are at it now :(

Well, one Sydneysider...not nice to generalise or tar people with the same brush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4wWqfRzp_M

Does anyone know where this happened?

Smelly Feet
Jun 4th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I'm convinced they now deliberately make those just to get a reaction

Wiggly
Jun 4th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I love how everyone always film it on their phone instead of doing anything.