PDA

View Full Version : Peak Hingis vs Peak Radwanska

NashaMasha
Nov 20th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Radwanska is always compared by some tennis journalists with Martina , some even dare to call Agnieszka "Hingis 2.0"

They played only one match when Hingis was on a decline and losing to the likes of Laura Granville

cXgK1aKC1c8

fouc
Nov 20th, 2012, 11:19 PM
mods please close this.

NashaMasha
Nov 20th, 2012, 11:21 PM
mods please close this.

why? Steve Tignor considers Aga as a new Hingis. :) If he is registered here, he can defend his position

Wertheim : "In a classic case of guile versus power, brain versus brawn, Radwanska recalled Martina Hingis at her cagey best and -- in a thoroughly entertaining match -- won the biggest title of her career. A-Rad is a top four player now (and closing fast on Petra Kvitova) and, predicated as it is on accuracy and movement, her game translates well to clay."

GOATdin0931
Nov 20th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Some of those shots from Aga actually look powerful..:eek:

But to answer the question, def Aga :oh:

Blu€
Nov 20th, 2012, 11:34 PM
mods please close this.

Agreed :shout:

Manitou
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:00 AM
Yes, please close this.

The ridiculous part of this poll is that Hingis is already done and we already know everything about her, while Radwanska never peaked yet. She is still going up, she hasn't accomplished anything big yet, she is still only a promise, and that process may take several seasons. It's the same as peak Hingis vs peak Robson. Are you kidding me?

NashaMasha
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:06 AM
Yes, please close this.

The ridiculous part of this poll is that Hingis is already done and we already know everything about her, while Radwanska never peaked yet. She is still going up, she hasn't accomplished anything big yet, she is still only a promise, and that process may take several seasons. It's the same as peak Hingis vs peak Robson. Are you kidding me?

Radwanska is 23 , Hingis won all her Slams by that time , Seles - 8 , Sharapova -3 , Serena -6 etc No discounts for yourth , it's for Laura Robson , not for those who are in peak age in tennis

in Miami we have seen peak Radwanska , i don't think she will play much better than in her best matches in 2012

Brad[le]y.
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:18 AM
Radwanska is 23 , Hingis won all her Slams by that time , Seles - 8 , Sharapova -3 , Serena -6 etc No discounts for yourth , it's for Laura Robson , not for those who are in peak age in tennis

in Miami we have seen peak Radwanska , i don't think she will play much better than in her best matches in 2012

Miami 2012 was not Peak Radwanska.

Anyways, Hingis rather comfortably. But your intentions with this thread are obvious.

Cajka
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:20 AM

it was all fine until this post. we all thought that this thread was made because the off season is long and boring and then you post this and try to make it look like a serious discussion.

Manitou
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:22 AM
Age does not matter. Serena and Sharapova won their slams while still teens, but Aga's development is completely different. She may peak this season or in four years. But as long as the person is still playing and does not show any signs of slowing then it does not make sense to apply the 'peak' adjective to that person.

NashaMasha
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:24 AM
it was all fine until this post. we all thought that this thread was made because the off season is long and boring and then you post this and try to make it look like a serious discussion.

i just answered to "Radwanska is too young" She isn't, she is quite experienced and her peak form was in 2012 , she serves at her max level for her physical abilities. probably she will play 3-5 years next on this level. Not much she can improve in her game.

madmax
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:30 AM
both are basically the same player, just one was lucky to be born a decade earlier and didn't have a discomfort of being blown away by the amazones of power tennis yet...Radwanksa would be a multiple slam winner now if she happened to play in the late 90's too

Cajka
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:38 AM
i just answered to "Radwanska is too young" She isn't, she is quite experienced and her peak form was in 2012 , she serves at her max level for her physical abilities. probably she will play 3-5 years next on this level. Not much she can improve in her game.

OK, if we're making it look like a serious thread, then I'll say, as Aga's fan, that her fh still has a room for improvement, even her backhand. If she really wants to play on a high level for like 5 years, there will have to be some adjustments. I think she's capable of making them. She'll never be close enough to Martina's peak level to make a serious discussion tho.

effedcamel
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:00 AM
Age does not matter. Serena and Sharapova won their slams while still teens, but Aga's development is completely different. She may peak this season or in four years. But as long as the person is still playing and does not show any signs os slowing then it does not make sense to apply the 'peak' adjective to that person.

Did Masha retire this year? A lot of "peak" adjectives attached to her name this off season :lol:

Manitou
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:12 AM
Did Masha retire this year? A lot of "peak" adjectives attached to her name this off season :lol:

I haven't started a single 'peak' thread.

Aryman3
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:15 AM
Hingis lost to 19 y. o. Aga as no 7 in the world

Brad[le]y.
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:21 AM

First of all, Aga was 18. Second of all, ranking is not always an indication of form.

Petronius
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:22 AM
both are basically the same player

Thanks for this info, I didn't know that Miss Radwanska has 17 wins over the Williams sisters and 4 years as the world #1.

Andy.
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:28 AM
Totally offensive to Hingis.

Miracle Worker
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:47 AM
:lol:

kusiak
Nov 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM
Leave Martine alone :fiery: but seriously I'm a VERY BIG fan of Aga and even bigger of Hingis (two my faves ever) but this shouldn't be a question. I think some poeple haven't seen Martina playing her best: that was stunning, amazing , outstanding and just out of this world. Some of the shots she could play were :eek:. Aga is great but Martina does everything better when plaiyng peak. We could argue only about serve: well imo Hingis when at her best has had better placement, Aga's is faster but that doesn't mean more effective. The only thing Aga imo is slightly better is defense, but Hingis when reached a shot in the last moment could do much more with the ball, had amazing lobs, better than Aga's so it's equal for me. Answering the poll: Hingis in 2 sets on hardcourts and clay, on grass Hingis in 3 or Radwanska in 3.

AndreConrad
Nov 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM
I agree with posters that evaluating "peak" of an active player vs. "peak" of a player that is done with her tennis career is pointless. An active player may (or may not) still elevate their game. This adds to the complexity to an evaluation of players that played in different periods. It just makes no sense. Now when we speak about someone like Martina who was unique in her time with what she could do, it makes it even harder since she was the first and only one playing certain style. Someone later with such style will be rarely considered better just because the style is no longer new. It will be mostly Agnieszka's fans who see something in her that others may not; potential that may allow her to become great which also may or may not happen. All I can say that I am hopeful and excited for the possibility that Agnieszka will develop further and surprise even her most devoted fans. This anticipation makes being player's fan enjoyable and trolls like the OP will continue to try hard to spoil that experience for the fans. Such is TF and not only. For now I will say both of them are great in their own right.

Sammo
Nov 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM
Dear God, why

Sammo
Nov 21st, 2012, 01:48 PM

She also lost to Sania Mirza ranked number 8 in the world. Right after beating her 6-1 6-0 the previous week.

forehand27
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM
She also lost to Sania Mirza ranked number 8 in the world. Right after beating her 6-1 6-0 the previous week.

Given that Mirza is an incredibly streaky one dimensional hit or miss ball basher, I dont see how this is supposed to make a point on anything. Against Hingis who she could never rally with (even old Hingis) I am sure she just went for winners on the 1st or 2nd ball of each point, and by the score it is obvious what happened, one day they all fell out, another day was one of her rare days most of them fell in and she won.

That said on the thread title Hingis easily. Radwanska actually looks very underpowered compared to Hingis, Hingis could even play like a ball basher and beat Radwanska that way if she wished. :lol: Also while Radwanska might be almost as smart and play with almost as much guile, her placements and directional control, and ability to take the ball early and time it so well, is nowhere near the same level.

Kasey
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Nice try Gurdians to take attention from all those peak threads, which Martha was losing.
Your fave still remains hairy and the lesser one in all those polls she's lost lately.

Setsuna.
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM
What a clown. I bet even Maria fans are annoyed by him.

forehand27
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Nice try Gurdians to take attention from all those peak threads, which Martha was losing.
Your fave still remains hairy and the lesser one in all those polls she's lost lately.

She is even losing my peak thread to Shirley Fry, that must have been the last straw for Mashatards. :lol:

NashaMasha
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:55 PM
She is even losing my peak thread to Shirley Fry, that must have been the last straw for Mashatards. :lol:

you are treating your threads too seriously , but it's not less a joke than this where Serena is losing to Harkleroad

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471370

N.M.
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM
Hingis, not to take away her tennis abilities, was really lucky to be born so early. If you look whom she beat in these slams she won, you can say she was lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Even the best opponent - Venus Williams - just played her first slam final and a few weeks earlier was crashing out of Wimbledon R1 to Magdalena Grzybowska of all people. Amelie Mauresmo was a player from nowhere. Conchita Martinez was a puff baller. I guess only wins over Mary Pierce and Jana Novotna (who was not a ballbasher anyway) are good wins.

She couldn't beat serious ball smackers like Davenport or Capriati in the slam finals.

She built fame and winning records on defeating the Testuds, Tauziats, Sanchez-Vicarios and Kournikovas of this world. Hingis legend is one of the things I never got, and I was already an avid tennis fan in her times.

Although, in her last events before she got caught on drugging, she lost twice to Patty Schnyder and once to Radwanska, so rather not physical players, tennis changed a lot since peak Hingis years. Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka, Kvitova, Lisicki, Petkovic, Na Li but also Stosur, to some extend Kerber are hard hitters, some of them are also great in defense (Vika, Kerber, lately Serena) matches against them are very physically draining. We don't know if Hingis had all of her slams (mind she got them quite early, before Davenport and Capriati started trashing her in the finals) if she had to start career nowadays.

Now back on topic, peak Aga has troubles even with non-peak Cetkovska who has the similar style of playing, so Hingis would be my fave here.

NashaP
Nov 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM
Two great pushers, what a hard decision

kusiak
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:10 PM

Wait...what?! Hingis pusher? MARTINA HINGIS? OMG:o That's not even funny anymore. It's almost like saying that Federer is a pusher. She didn't have power of Williams but pusher is the last word to describe Martina's game. Taking the ball early, going to the net to finish the points, staying in rallies with much stronger opponets and going amazingly well from defense to offense is everything but pushing. Also Radwanska is not a pusher. The are not pushers in TOP10. People should stop using this word.

NashaP
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:24 PM
Wait...what?! Hingis pusher? MARTINA HINGIS? OMG:o That's not even funny anymore. It's almost like saying that Federer is a pusher. She didn't have power of Williams but pusher is the last word to describe Martina's game. Taking the ball early, going to the net to finish the points, staying in rallies with much stronger opponets and going amazingly well from defense to offense is everything but pushing. Also Radwanska is not a pusher. The are not pushers in TOP10. People should stop using this word.

Did you just compare Federer to Hingis? :lol:

pierce85
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:40 PM
I will just say this 6-0, 6-0 and I'm not kidding neither do I hate Radwanska, but I'm 100 percent positive that she wouldn't win a single game

Sammo
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:50 PM
Did you just compare Federer to Hingis? :lol:

Well you just called peak Hingis a pusher :lol:

NashaP
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:54 PM
Well you just called peak Hingis a pusher :lol:

I see no lies in my post

forehand27
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:54 PM
you are treating your threads too seriously , but it's not less a joke than this where Serena is losing to Harkleroad

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471370

Except that thread is actually a joke and is treated as such. The Fry vs Sharapova thread is quite a serious one which is why you especialy have your panties in a knot Maria is losing it as knowledgable people in fact know Fry was more dominant at her peak, and overall more accomplished at this point too. Now if it were Fry vs Serena people would just treat it as much a joke as the Harkleroad thread, or the Serena vs Sharapova thread which was closed probably as to even try to compare the two is trolling. :lol:

Sammo
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:57 PM
I see no lies in my post

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rORULosq3Ms/UCqA7pIyTlI/AAAAAAAAED4/OluUc6fFSCg/s1600/ignorant1.gif

Kasey
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM

Lame excuse bringing Sarin's thread.:tape:
Your fave has lost countless polls recently and you as a humble Guardian of the Shrieking Razor are just desperately trying to take attention from her by creating threads like Peak Vika vs Peak Martha & Peak Hingis vs Peak Radwanska.

NashaP
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:01 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rORULosq3Ms/UCqA7pIyTlI/AAAAAAAAED4/OluUc6fFSCg/s1600/ignorant1.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxatt9p8bA1qdlkgg.gif

Peak Hingis is probably the most overrated on this forum. She's like a craftier version of Wozniacki and that's not saying much

Sammo
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:04 PM

Peak Hingis is probably the most overrated on this forum. She's like a craftier version of Wozniacki and that's not saying much

EAbEn40y6yc

How could anyone call this pushing? :o And that's not even her peak

Or look at her at 16, blowing Seles off the court

9gdErzshtCU

You should really watch more tennis :lol:

NashaP
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM
EAbEn40y6yc

HAHA, all I see are Sharapova winners and Hingis chasing down balls

NashaP
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:13 PM

9gdErzshtCU

This video is even worse. Hingis makes the occasional winners, but its all on Venus' racket. As much as you hingis stans try to twist it, Hingis will always be in the same league as the Wozniackis/Azarenkas/Radwanskas, game-wise

NashaMasha
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:19 PM
EAbEn40y6yc

9gdErzshtCU

When Sharapova beat Hingis in Indian Wells , Hingis told
"She didn't really give me much," Hingis said. "I didn't get many opportunities to do much with the ball. I think I didn't do that badly. She was just better."

match stat Sharapova 29 winners , Hingis 9 winners

Sammo
This video is even worse. Hingis makes the occasional winners, but its all on Venus' racket. As much as you hingis stans try to twist it, Hingis will always be in the same league as the Wozniackis/Azarenkas/Radwanskas, game-wise

I actually meant this one

Ky2f_JU1H5Q

forehand27
Seles looked like a women on maternity leave when Hingis was "blowing her off the court". She was moving like a pregnant elephant. Who didnt blow Seles off the court around then, Davenport did, pre prime Venus and Serena both did, Pierce usually did, granny Graf near the end of her career did, heck even Irina Spirlea from late 97 onwards did. Put Hingis up against the 1990-1993 Seles and see what happens, then we can talk.

AndreConrad
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:27 PM

I guess one sees what one wants to see. In those matches neither Maria's winners nor Venus' racket were enough for Martina. Just keep in mind I appreciate both defeated players in those examples and believe that they were capable of beating Martina just like Martina beat them.

NashaMasha
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM
Lame excuse bringing Sarin's thread.:tape:
Your fave has lost countless polls recently and you as a humble Guardian of the Shrieking Razor are just desperately trying to take attention from her by creating threads like Peak Vika vs Peak Martha & Peak Hingis vs Peak Radwanska.

one of the "classiest" fanbase

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2nrjabp.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::help:

This thread is dedicated to Hingis/Radwanska , players which are and will be always compared , not to your delightful fave

Brad[le]y.
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:51 PM

If you think Martina is a pusher, then you really don't know anything about tennis :lol:

Seles looked like a women on maternity leave when Hingis was "blowing her off the court". She was moving like a pregnant elephant. Who didnt blow Seles off the court around then, Davenport did, pre prime Venus and Serena both did, Pierce usually did, granny Graf near the end of her career did, heck even Irina Spirlea from late 97 onwards did. Put Hingis up against the 1990-1993 Seles and see what happens, then we can talk.
Nobody said she would beat peak Seles, it was just a response to someone who said Hingis couldn't do anything against power players. If she's capable of taking control of the rallies then this claim is false.

tennismaster8820
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
It seems that Sharapova's fanbase has the most ignorant posters in history of this forum. :lol:
From thread to thread it's on display. :worship:

forehand27
Nov 21st, 2012, 09:13 PM
y.;22504317']Nobody said she would beat peak Seles, it was just a response to someone who said Hingis couldn't do anything against power players. If she's capable of taking control of the rallies then this claim is false.

I think the pattern is she is capable vs slow power players. That is why she did well vs Seles, and also why she did well vs Pierce. The exception is Davenport who was slow and still had the edge on Hingis, especialy prime to prime. When she plays power players who are also fast like Serena, Henin, Graf, Clijsters, she is pretty much hopeless, the one possible exception being Venus to a certain degree.

Of course B level power players like Huber, Majoli, Magdalena Maleeva, Schett, Na, she will do well against regardless of if they are fast or not.

kusiak
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM

Because you only see what you want to see. But it's okay. No offense to Sharapova but everybody knows that peak Hingis is something special and you can't compare her to anybody and Sharapova's game is always comparable to somebody. Hingis is genius in all departments. "No one plays like Hingis - no one could" - end of story. Sharapova is pretty , can play ballbashing game , when on - blasting winners from anywhere, but Hingis is something more, shame she is underachiever and don't try to say that she is overrated, look at her her h2h against Serena and look at Sharapova's - that's makes tha difference.

kusiak
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2nrjabp.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::help:

This thread is dedicated to Hingis/Radwanska , players which are and will be always compared , not to your delightful fave

You can compare them because of style of playing but asking who wins peak vs peak is crazy. Hingis is Hingis. It's the same leauge as Williams or Henin if we talk about talent, as of now Radwanska seems to be in Dementiewa's, Myskina's, Ivanowic leauge - uses her playing style very well but still lacks something that will make her one of the greatest.

Kasey
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:24 PM

What does class have anything to do with this thing my dear Guardian?
That was just my honest opinion on your beloved fave after badrepping me saying "you suck".
Which was pretty much classy, wright?

Now please, go back to the tower you guard and say hello to your buddy Queenpova, whom you surely share the chamber of yours.:angel:

Smitten
Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Legend owned nearly everyone who hit softer than her, Sanchez-Vicario, Conchita (off clay but this is irrelevant as Agatha sucks on clay), Coetzer, etc.

Agatha would be no different. Legend has too much offense and variety for those types of players.

hingisGOAT
Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:33 AM
Honestly I don't think Radwanska does one single thing better. Hingis hit every shot harder and better INCLUDING the serve. Hingis' first serve was actually a good shot most of the time, very high percentage, great direction, good for a few aces. Variety, court-sense, return of serve, volleys -- all Martina. Court coverage -- Hingis once again. Perhaps Aga has better fitness.

AO -- Hingis 6-0 6-1
RG -- Hingis 6-2 6-2
W -- Hingis 6-3 6-2
USO -- Hingis 6-4 6-0
YEC -- Hingis 6-1 6-2

moby
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:00 AM
Honestly I don't think Radwanska does one single thing better. Hingis hit every shot harder and better INCLUDING the serve. Hingis' first serve was actually a good shot most of the time, very high percentage, great direction, good for a few aces. Variety, court-sense, return of serve, volleys -- all Martina. Court coverage -- Hingis once again. Perhaps Aga has better fitness.

AO -- Hingis 6-0 6-1
RG -- Hingis 6-2 6-2
W -- Hingis 6-3 6-2
USO -- Hingis 6-4 6-0
YEC -- Hingis 6-1 6-2
Did Legend get bored in the first set of the USO?

DennisPostedThis
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:03 AM

Peak Radwanska doesn't even exist.

At least if I were a Radwanska fan I would not want to say the game I've produced up to this point as my 'peak'.

Hingis , and it wouldn't be close. She'f treat her like Catalina Cristea.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:04 AM
Martina 6-0 6-0

Smitten
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:09 AM
Did Legend get bored in the first set of the USO?

Probably.

Sombrerero loco
Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
Leave Martine alone :fiery: but seriously I'm a VERY BIG fan of Aga and even bigger of Hingis (two my faves ever) but this shouldn't be a question. I think some poeple haven't seen Martina playing her best: that was stunning, amazing , outstanding and just out of this world. Some of the shots she could play were :eek:. Aga is great but Martina does everything better when plaiyng peak.

this. i love aga, but martina is a legend and is way better. next

Sombrerero loco
Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:46 AM

seles herself said this year that martina was "better than me"

Sombrerero loco
Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:46 AM
Totally offensive to Hingis.

true

Sombrerero loco
Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
both are basically the same player, just one was lucky to be born a decade earlier and didn't have a discomfort of being blown away by the amazones of power tennis yet...Radwanksa would be a multiple slam winner now if she happened to play in the late 90's too

:facepalm: most stupid post i ve seen ever in this board :spit: no words

kusiak
May 20th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Peak Martina anywhere, anytime. Just different league. I think she is the one who can make it close and go toe to toe against Peak Serena.

iWill
May 20th, 2013, 11:19 PM
:haha: This is hilarious! Legend would not approve of Aga being mentioned in the same breath as her. :tape:

Sarindipity
May 20th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Hingis could handle power, radwanska can't that's why she gets blown off the court by everyone who can generate their own pace

kusiak
May 20th, 2013, 11:20 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no.:)

maybe on clay.:)

H2H 10:11, Maria and Vika could never despite tha fact that most of this matches Serena was under 70%, and that AO QF Hingis-Serena was awesome , on hardcourts and both played amazing, Hingis would make things interesting anywhere against Serena, both are amazing when playing peak

Sammo
May 20th, 2013, 11:20 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/fe036da9c9bf48bac96e0398fc340a23/tumblr_mgpqthmxhE1s03x5xo1_500.gif

VeeJJ
May 20th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Saw the thread title, saw the thread starter, and then this all made perfect sense.

kusiak
May 20th, 2013, 11:27 PM
:haha: This is hilarious! Legend would not approve of Aga being mentioned in the same breath as her. :tape:

Actually I think the score of the match would be about 6:2, 6:3 with some crafty amazing rallies but Martina would outmanevre Aga most of the time, hitting better drop-shot-lob combo, better slices etc. But could be very nice match to watch. It's definetly better match-up than Serena-Maria or even Serena-Vika.

T-rex
May 20th, 2013, 11:29 PM
mods please close this.

Sorry but for some reason I found this very funny. Especially for the first post within the thread. It just hit me right.

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

T-rex
May 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Saw the thread title, saw the thread starter, and then this all made perfect sense.

It is good entertainment. :haha::haha::haha:

Cajka
May 20th, 2013, 11:38 PM
What a bump! :spit: Peak NM. :worship:

kusiak
May 20th, 2013, 11:41 PM

NO. But both are great. Hingis is just the highest league. EXTREMELLY talented, couldn't be more natural born talent.

Brad[le]y.
May 20th, 2013, 11:42 PM
The OP is the same troll who said Errani is better than Safina on clay; close the thread :lol:

kusiak
May 20th, 2013, 11:45 PM
i never said anything about maria and vika. i dont care about those two they are just fodder for serena in this late stage of her career.:):)

hingis cant go toe to toe with peak serena. h2h is irrelevant. she doesnt possess the power or serve. sorry.:(

like i said maybe on clay but thats it.:)

h2h is releavant cause the played many matches close to their best and most of the time they were very close. 100% PEAK is overrated cause it happens one match per year maybe, you have to look on peak as VERY HIGH LEVEL of playing imo which they produced in their matches most of the time. And h2h is 10:11 so for me it's visible their matches would always be close with slight adv to Serena but really very small advantage like the h2h is.

kusiak
May 20th, 2013, 11:52 PM
okay so basically youre saying that hingis can go toe to toe with a serena whos playing good tennis.:lol:

this isnt that big of a deal their are a number of other great players who can do the same actually.:lol::lol:

although it doesnt seem like it today of course.:)

Well actually not too many. I would say it's Hingis, Henin, Venus, Capriati. Of course i don't include other legends from the past who never met Serena cause we don't know how this matches would go. But definetly nowadays some players can do it only occasionally like Stosur playing the match of her life in US Open and that's quite sad, but I love Serena so always better watching her winning the titles than Vika.

kusiak
May 21st, 2013, 12:00 AM
okay this thread is about hingis and radwnska btw.;)

wingis is just better than her obviously. this shouldnt even be a thread.:p

i dont know what sharapova fan got against hingis.:lol:

Maybe that demolishing job in Tokyo (6:3, 6:1)? :lol: yeah i know h2h is 2:1 for Maria but still it was funny how Martina just thrashed her in her 3rd tournament after 4 years out of tennis. She was blasting winners from anywhere. It was Peak Hingis.

DOUBLEFIST
May 21st, 2013, 12:47 AM
Only on TF could this thread exist. :lol:

I guess that's one of the things I love about this place. The unbeliveably absurd is thouroghly entertained.

PoliCappuccino
May 21st, 2013, 01:34 AM
After reading some of the pages in this board, I must say...the disrespect! :(

People who refer Queengis and A. Radwanska as "pushers" in their strategy of play are just trolls. It's that or they just fail to see and appreciate the sheer brilliance behind their crafty play.

Well, back on topic. We can't really have a definite and accurate evaluation of this particular Peak vs Peak discussion because one, Hings have already retired and have accomplished many achievements in relevance of the high level of play she had shown in her best times. We saw her brief stint of dominance and develop as a player until the end of her career. From this, we can certainly point out which months or years did Peak Hingis did rose. Now unlike her, Aga hasn't even reached her A+++ game yet in a sense that she's still quite young and have many opportunities to hone and strengthen the build of her game. Of course, there are still a bit more factors that could affect this discussion like the period in which they played and what not.

If I have a say in this H2H, this post sums up my opinions nicely.

That said on the thread title Hingis easily. Radwanska actually looks very underpowered compared to Hingis, Hingis could even play like a ball basher and beat Radwanska that way if she wished. :lol: Also while Radwanska might be almost as smart and play with almost as much guile, her placements and directional control, and ability to take the ball early and time it so well, is nowhere near the same level.

Both are known for their intelligent use of the court and as well as variety in their shots. However, there are differences in their game that sets one apart from the other.

Hingis takes the ball relatively early compared to Aga. This has its merits as it reduces the time her opponent can react thus compensating with the general lack of power in Hingis' groundstrokes. (However, Hingis' backhand dtl is quite vicious enough to surprise the opponent) Yes, Aga does have a good grasp with her angles but so as Hingis. It seems to me that Hingis excels on almost every aspect Radwanska is deemed to be good at. Overall, a better execution of play by the almighty Queengis. Now, another thing I noticed is that she plays offense-to-defense, and vice versa quite well. It is as if she has the initiative to play aggresively all the way when she knows she can easily overpower or outmaneuver her opponent, or quickly adapt to her defensive tactics if she's the one being overpowered. I think Aga lacks that as I see her playing in a passive manner most of the time.

:bounce: So yeah...go Hingis! :bounce:

Bronx19
May 21st, 2013, 01:41 AM
Hingis was incredibly solid, she just didnt look like missing.

WTF happened to WTA?

tracytracy22
May 21st, 2013, 04:12 AM
i never said anything about maria and vika. i dont care about those two they are just fodder for serena in this late stage of her career.:):)

hingis cant go toe to toe with peak serena. h2h is irrelevant. she doesnt possess the power or serve. sorry.:(

like i said maybe on clay but thats it.:)

Serena would obviously win the majority of the matches if they were to play each other at their peaks. But you gotta take into account the surface. On grass serena would kill her but everywhere else would be kinda interesting when yout think about it...it would be closer than what most people would think imho.

Petronius
May 21st, 2013, 12:09 PM

BTW, great avatar pic.:yeah: I guess it's from late 1980s? Must be either her last years in CZ or early years in SUI.

LightsOut!
May 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM
No contest.