PDA

View Full Version : Are you afraid of dying?

Lin Lin
Nov 17th, 2012, 01:28 PM
:confused:

Mateo Mathieu
Nov 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM
No. Death is part of life :)

Invisible Fan
Nov 17th, 2012, 01:53 PM
To quote Robbie Williams:
"I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to" :D

GoofyDuck
Nov 17th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Yes, I can't think of it because it makes me feel terrible.

Steven.
Nov 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
nothing to be scared of, like everything in life u just gotta embrace it! :)

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM
yes, terrified to be quite honest. :tears:

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 17th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Yes, I can't think of it because it makes me feel terrible.

:hug:

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Hard to say because I never felt before. If I died, I hope it happens in a blink of an eye so I won't suffer so much.

Princess Fiona
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
The first option for me, too...

Wert.
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
No, I actually like it.

Barrie_Dude
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Nope...

ce
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
A bit. Im afraid of some people waiting there :sobbing: :rolls:

RenaSlam.
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM
No. Bring it on.

*JR*
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
aGnHToLAo20

Bijoux0021
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Hard to say because I never felt before. If I died, I hope it happens in a blink of an eye so I won't suffer so much.
Same here.

I would not want to suffer before I die. I'm more afraid of suffering than the dying.

Olórin
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM

The very last part, which is what is frightening to most people.

Especially so seeing as there is no evidence that our consciousness lives on or is as transcendent as our culture represents it to be. I used to believe that we had an immortal soul but I've lost that faith, sadly for me.

HippityHop
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM
If you don't believe that there is something after this life one probably should not be afraid.

If you do believe that there is something after this life and you have not lived your life here well, perhaps one should be very afraid. :devil:

On the other hand, if one has lived well...... :angel:

Novichok
Nov 17th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah.

saul1333
Nov 17th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I welcome it.

saint2
Nov 17th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Not at all. Im afraid of living past 30. If I'll live past 30 I'd end either in jail or in looney bin (been there before btw). Im 24 right now, and I give myself 3 more years...

Oh, once I WAS close to die, at 2010/2011 New Years Eve...If not my douchebag brother, I'd be dead right now.

antonella
Nov 17th, 2012, 06:54 PM
No, anyone who has ever had a NDE(like me) would have absolutely no fear of it. It`s just a transition to another state.

kwilliams
Nov 17th, 2012, 07:04 PM
When, I really think about it, yes, I'm quite fearful of death. There's a lot more in this life that I want to experience. I want to live a full life. Maybe when I'm older I won't be so afraid...but I can't imagine feeling that way right now.

doomsday
Nov 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM

This.

$uricate
Nov 17th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I can honestly say no.

Death happens, it's inevitable so why fear it.

Sometimes I feel like it would be better than living, given the world we inhabit at times.

GOATdin0931
Nov 17th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah I would rather die of natural causes and be able to know my time is coming to an end so I can celebrate my last year or two with those I love. I am a little scared of dying but I know that there will be plenty of people with me so thats a good thing. :shrug: :)

HippityHop
Nov 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM
No, anyone who has ever had a NDE(like me) would have absolutely no fear of it. It`s just a transition to another state.

Of course there is a HUGE difference between being almost dead and dead.

Sammo
Nov 17th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Just a bit

Vartan
Nov 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Yes.

Petkorazzi
Nov 17th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I'm actually curious if I'll actually burn in hell or just be eaten by worms without me knowing. :lol:

Vartan
Nov 17th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Why would you burn in hell?

HippityHop
Nov 18th, 2012, 12:53 AM
I'm actually curious if I'll actually burn in hell or just be eaten by worms without me knowing. :lol:

You'll find out. :devil:

dybbuk
Nov 18th, 2012, 01:02 AM
No. I'm actually not.

I am however terrified of people I love dying and leaving me.

Steven.
Nov 18th, 2012, 01:50 AM

probs cos gay. 99% of users on this forum will be burning in hell 2gether. see u all in the afterlife.

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 18th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Yes, terrified because I'm 21 and I still don't even feel like I've started living :tape:.

Yoncé
Nov 18th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Not really. I used to however be really afraid about somehow being presumed dead and then being buried alive :tape:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Julian.
Nov 18th, 2012, 05:26 AM
No. Not at all. :lol:

Petkorazzi
Nov 18th, 2012, 07:24 AM
If what the bible says is remotely close to how this thing works then I have a lifetime membership in hell :D

And OT, I actually think often about how I'll die, not really afraid though. I'd rather die when I'm 70 with a heart stroke than a slow death at 80+.

homogenius
Nov 18th, 2012, 07:49 AM
no

Lin Lin
Nov 18th, 2012, 07:50 AM
:eek:

DeucesAreWild
Nov 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM

This is where I lay my hat. Not so much dying as the manner in which it happens. I would prefer peacefully in my sleep, no pain. Just close my eyes and then open them in that Great Beyond.

debby
Nov 18th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I actually would like to choose when I die. To say goodbye to everyone I love and to make my own testimony etc. :scratch: When I got hit by a car, no one actually knew if I was gonna survive or not as I was in blood and could have had a brain injury. Severe brain injuries can kill you in a blink of an eye.
Guess what? I was not even worried at all by the idea of dying, I was terrified for my relatives and my friends. I didn't want to leave them because I knew they would be devastated, especially my parents. And I just wanted to tell them how much I loved them once again... same about my friends, I've thought of every friend I truly hearted, even those I stopped talking to. (lol what an ass, I tried to talk to him again after that, he didn't believe me, and even wished I got more seriously injured. I hate him.)

Now, when I think of the death I am scared, but really when you are getting close to death or something, I guess you don't think of that. It's weird. I don't know how to explain. So yeah.

Super Dave
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I'm afraid of the effect it would have on my loved ones, especially my kids. I hope I make it long enough that they're well into adulthood when I go.

And of course, I'm afraid of my loved ones dying before me.

Flavia P.
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Not the actual dying. But the process of dying, yes. Like getting old, getting sick. It's hard to think about.

Dominic
Nov 19th, 2012, 11:15 PM
No, I'm afraid of the ppl I like dying though :[

Craig.
Nov 20th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Pfffffff.

I'm afraid of living.

Stamp Paid
Nov 20th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Only when on an airplane.

Nicolás89
Nov 20th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Only when on an airplane.

Lol yea me too.

jameshazza
Nov 20th, 2012, 02:46 AM
IDK if I'm afraid of it. I don't want to but I'm young so I don't feel like I'm going to and my beleifs are set in stone at the minute.

I think the scariest part is the doubt of what happens next. I wouldn't feel that until I was older or found out I was terminally ill I don't think.

Super Dave
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
When you DO die, make sure it isn't a dumb way.

IJNR2EpS0jw

flareon
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:21 PM
When I was younger I was very scared, but when now I am older, I do not, I just do not want to die young...

Dani12
Nov 22nd, 2012, 01:00 AM
I want to achieve some things first :)

bulava
Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Not the actual dying. But the process of dying, yes. Like getting old, getting sick. It's hard to think about.
+1

In fact, I'm not scared of getting old let alone dying. We've been taught in the young age that, "When A Life Takes Birth, It Has To Die."

But I often wonder how would I look once I cross 70s, say my Skin/Teeth/Hair/Eyes etc. Until now I'm fortunate enough without any ailments be it health or mental (due to personal/financial etc). And I'm lucky enough to escape eye sight problem even after spending 2+ decades heavily working with Electronics and Computers.

My only wish is to die peacefully in bed without any (chronic) health problems. If it's destined then in presence of my future wife...

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:44 PM
:confused:
Everyone has to die and in Buddhism death is only temporary and based on causes made one can expect to come back in better or worse circumstances. So no, I'm not afraid to die.

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Of course there is a HUGE difference between being almost dead and dead.
I have a friend that died on the operating table and was revived and her experience was that death was quite peaceful and she felt no fear. I believe that one dies as one lives.

Bayo
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:30 AM
I'm not afraid of death, I just hope it's not painful/violent. That's my only concern.

wta_zuperfann
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I'm afraid of dying slowly but not afraid of dying if it can be quick as easy. I'm in my 60s now and have lived much of my life. Sad to say, it was not as happy or as fulfilled as I'd hoped and worked for. Therefore, if I had to option to croak comfortably, I wouldn't complain too much.

wta_zuperfann
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:24 AM
^ meant to say above "quick and easy"

BTW, as an infant, I was declared dead due to respiratory and cardiac problems. Somehow, I pulled through. Therefore, it might be said I've live my life on borrowed time.

Brena
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
The very last part, which is what is frightening to most people.

Especially so seeing as there is no evidence that our consciousness lives on or is as transcendent as our culture represents it to be. I used to believe that we had an immortal soul but I've lost that faith, sadly for me.

As a matter of fact, that is the only thing that comforts me. What I'm afraid of is an immortal consciousness doomed to eternally roam the universe thinking over and over about everything I screwed up while alive... of which there's a lot. :help: If I knew for sure it's just a blackout and eternal oblivion, I wouldn't really worry.