Nov 16th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Evil Belgian will run over Saint Kim

Jane Lane
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Peak Henin.

Duh.

AcesHigh
Nov 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Peak Kim on hardcourts. Peak Henin everywhere else.

Stonerpova
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:07 PM
It's weird because Kim was a huge choker when she played her best tennis (IMO 2003). Still, I pick Clijsters on hardcourt, Henin on clay and grass.

Jack.
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Went to click Henin but put Kimberly instead.:sad:
Peak Kim may have an edge on a USO style hard-court though IMO, but Henin everywhere else.

Question: Did they ever play each other at Wimbledon?

VeeJJ
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Went to click Henin but put Kimberly instead.:sad:
Peak Kim may have an edge on a USO style hard-court though IMO, but Henin everywhere else.

Question: Did they ever play each other at Wimbledon?
Kim broke Justine's elbow at WImbledon and forced her into retirement. Nuff said. Next

forehand27
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Peak to peak I pick Henin on every surface. As for hard courts, the tennis Justine played at the 2007 U.S Open, 2003 U.S Open until the final where she was clearly physically hampered by the semifinal epic (although still whipped a crappy Kim as it was), 2006 and 2007 WTA Championships, 2004 Indian Wells, would all 100% guaranteed beat any version of Kim on any hard court.

cellophane
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Kim on hardcourts, Henin everywhere else

ToopsTame
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:14 PM
You idiots, her name is not Kimberly. It's just Kim. It's not short for anything.

Halepsova
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:15 PM
What is this, offseason 2003? :help:

Sammo
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Henin in 2 in every surface

jj74
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Henin clearly. Both great players, but Henin was mentally stronger.

forehand27
Nov 16th, 2012, 08:01 PM
These peak Henin threads are boring. It seems when it is a Williams everyone says the same thing, Henin on clay and a Williams anywhere else, well some going with peak Henin over Venus on slower hard courts. Then peak Henin vs peak anyone else it seems everyone goes with Henin without any real discussion. What would be a good person to par peak Henin against that would derive really good discussion on non clay surfaces. Sharapova or Hingis perhaps? Maybe Seles for the 90s tennis fans.

danieln1
Nov 16th, 2012, 08:38 PM
You idiots, her name is not Kimberly. It's just Kim. It's not short for anything.

:facepalm:

dsanders06
Nov 16th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Certainly Kim on quick hardcourts (incl the US Open). I'm actually inclined to give Justine the edge on slower HCs. And certainly Justine wins on clay and grass.

Tag
Nov 16th, 2012, 10:09 PM
serena

bobito
Nov 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Justine on any surface

GrafMariaPetraK
Nov 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Clijsters

Yoncé
Nov 16th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Kimdoleezza on hard courts, and obviously the other one on clay and grass

Uranus
Nov 17th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Even on HC peak Justine beats peak Kim. 2007 Justine was close to unbeatable esp. at the USO. And I'm a Kim fan.

égalité
Nov 17th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Christine easily on any surface. Come on now.

ExXotikal
Nov 17th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Kiiii. Justine in every surface, especially grass.

jaredlikesbieber
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:05 AM
always henin- she owned clijsters in pretty much every big match. 2003 french open was a brutal beating

Cecig
Nov 17th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Henin. But the two are greats playes

forehand27
Nov 17th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Certainly Kim on quick hardcourts (incl the US Open).

This is a peak play thread isnt it, not a career achievment thread. Have you ever seen Kim play better tennis on a fast hard court or at the U.S Open specifically than Justine played at the 2007 U.S Open since I certainly didnt. If you can think of an instance feel free to point it out. Justine at the 2003 U.S Open until the final where she was rubber legged for obvious reasons, and at 2004 Indian Wells on a fast hard court was also better than I ever saw Kim play on a fast hard court. Kim was more consistently at her best on that type of court, but the best tennis Justine ever played on it was better than the best Kim ever played.

jrm
Nov 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM
let me put it this way: Kim's play was predictable for Henin, Justine's game was unpredictable for Clijsters, that's why Justine dominated their encounters

hurricanejeanne
Nov 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
What is this, offseason 2003? :help:

LOL. Goodtimes though.

I'd give the nod to Peak Justine on any surface. I feel like Peak Justine was so far in even peak Saint Kim's head that surface wouldn't matter. I know this isn't the best example, but Saint Kim, on paper, should have won the 2003 US Open after the semifinal marathon Justine had with Capriati. Didn't happen.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Nov 19th, 2012, 08:07 AM
What is Kimberley peak? she was mentally stronger during her comeback but a superior athlete in 2001-2005.

Anyway, peek heng beats her on all surfaces, probably with a couple of bread sticks and bagels on the slower ones.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using VerticalSports.Com App

thrust
Nov 19th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Henin. But the two are greats playes

TRUE! I would give a slight edge to Justine on HC, more so on caly and grass.

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 19th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Henin everywhere.

Alejandrawrrr
Nov 19th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Kimdoleezza on hard courts, and obviously the other one on clay and grass

:lol:

I'd actually tip a 2007 USO version of that thing to defeat Fiona on HCs 6 out of 10 times, with the gap much bigger on clay(where it dominates) and grass(where the latter is worthless.) Poor Kimberleigh is out of her league in this maatchup, but at least she can say she managed to snatch that 13-12 lead in their H2H by career's end :oh:

Jajaloo
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Justine obviously.

Especially clay where Henin's cheat hand in the air was especially effective.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Henin 6-0 6-0

AcesHigh
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
:lol: the Kim hate is ridiculous.

Justine's form at 2007 USO was amazing for its CONSISTENCY. Otherwise, it's overrated. She beat an out of shape Serena and a Venus that could only play one set.

Meanwhile, compare Justine's wins on hardcourt vs. Kim's. How many times has Justine beaten Serena on hardcourt? What about Kim? She should have beaten PeakRena twice during 2002-2003. What about against Venus?

Kim is stronger, more athletic and her shots are heavier on both wings. Not to mention, Kim moves a ton better on hardcourts than Justine does. Just look at how Kim manhandled Serena in 2009 and please tell me that Henin was ever capable of doing that. Kim OUTHIT Serena. And she can OUTHIT Venus as well. So you're telling me she couldn't outhit Justine?
When Justine beat Venus and Serena she was not the one overpowering either.

homogenius
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Justine on clay and grass
Kim on hc

moby
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:33 PM
iF2utjD9Ikg

Peak Henin for your consideration.

She would slay Kim everywhere.

forehand27
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM
:lol: the Kim hate is ridiculous.

Justine's form at 2007 USO was amazing for its CONSISTENCY. Otherwise, it's overrated. She beat an out of shape Serena and a Venus that could only play one set.

Meanwhile, compare Justine's wins on hardcourt vs. Kim's. How many times has Justine beaten Serena on hardcourt? What about Kim? She should have beaten PeakRena twice during 2002-2003. What about against Venus?

Kim is stronger, more athletic and her shots are heavier on both wings. Not to mention, Kim moves a ton better on hardcourts than Justine does. Just look at how Kim manhandled Serena in 2009 and please tell me that Henin was ever capable of doing that. Kim OUTHIT Serena. And she can OUTHIT Venus as well. So you're telling me she couldn't outhit Justine?
When Justine beat Venus and Serena she was not the one overpowering either.

You are a retarded fool. :lol: Henin had almost double the winners of Serena in their 2007 U.S Open match, if that isnt overpowering I dont know what is. She also had more winners than Serena in all their hard court and grass matches that year, including the one loss. Henin also had more winners their Venus in their 2007 U.S Open match as well. Clijsters has NEVER had more winners than Serena or Venus in a match, not even once. All tennis experts raved about Justine's 2007 U.S Open form, dont be jealous since your beloved Kim could never reach such heights, even on her best surface. If anyone is overrated it is all Kim's U.S Open wins, she played only one great match there ever, the 2009 U.S Open semis vs Serena. The rest were barely beating a granny and crappy Venus there in 2010 and 2011, taking advantage of a Venus collapse from way behind in 2005, and eking past a slumping Sharapova in 2005 in 3 sets after choking the 2nd set. Woohoo.

homogenius
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:41 PM
:lol:

I'd actually tip a 2007 USO version of that thing to defeat Fiona on HCs 6 out of 10 times, with the gap much bigger on clay(where it dominates) and grass(where the latter is worthless.) Poor Kimberleigh is out of her league in this maatchup, but at least she can say she managed to snatch that 13-12 lead in their H2H by career's end :oh:

Kim is not "out of her league" in this match-up.The H2H was only 12-10 in Justine's favor when Kim retired in 2006(and at the time, she was already leading 7-4 on hc.she added 2 more wins in 2010).
People tend to see Justine as a much superior player cause Kim used to be a choker in big matches earlier in her career, but they were really close game wise and their H2H showed that for more or less their whole career.

Pie800
Nov 19th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Kim I would say, apart from clay. Hardcourts every time and grass is a toss-up really.

Pie800
Nov 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
You are a retarded fool. :lol: Henin had almost double the winners of Serena in their 2007 U.S Open match, if that isnt overpowering I dont know what is. She also had more winners than Serena in all their hard court and grass matches that year, including the one loss. Henin also had more winners their Venus in their 2007 U.S Open match as well. Clijsters has NEVER had more winners than Serena or Venus in a match, not even once. All tennis experts raved about Justine's 2007 U.S Open form, dont be jealous since your beloved Kim could never reach such heights, even on her best surface. If anyone is overrated it is all Kim's U.S Open wins, she played only one great match there ever, the 2009 U.S Open semis vs Serena. The rest were barely beating a granny and crappy Venus there in 2010 and 2011, taking advantage of a Venus collapse from way behind in 2005, and eking past a slumping Sharapova in 2005 in 3 sets after choking the 2nd set. Woohoo.

Lol and somehow Kim still has a better record on hardcourts than Justine. On hardcourts: more wins, more titles, not to mention the fact that Kim is 8-4 against Justine on the surface. It's ridiculous to suggest she won the USO three times with only one creditable win. Honestly, you sound more like the retarded fool here. :lol:
Did it ever occur to you that there are also such things as forced errors and tactical play. Clijsters was certainly an aggressive baseliner, but she wasn't all about power, all the time. Clijsters '05 form was sublime on hardcourts. To say otherwise is ludicrous, considering what she achieved that year.