PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto V.

Certinfy
Nov 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I'm sure many of you are excited as I am! New trailer released today and it's been over a year since the last one so it's pretty big news!

Vzue74y7A84

Also since this is a tennis forum it's worth noting tennis will be playable in Grand Theft Auto V! What else could you want, well apparently Mafia II developers from 2K Czech are working with Rockstar on GTA V, and what other game did those developers make only last year, Top Spin 4! ;) Obviously I'm not saying the tennis will be anything amazing, but wouldn't surprise me if the tennis was actually half decent. :)

Steven.
Nov 14th, 2012, 07:43 PM
excited! gta is always intense and it's so easy to get lost in the game.

Sammo
Nov 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Yes I saw the second trailer a couple of hours ago and it looked awesome

Frederik
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Can't wait for that game. :)

It's been over 8 years since the last real GTA game... (IV doesn't count, that thing was garbage)

Sam21
Nov 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM
GTA games are awesome... i was really into San Andreas on the ps2 a few months ago but i lost interest before i finished it. there's a fair bit of action in the trailer!! nice tennis court too :lol:

SilverSlam
Nov 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM
:hysteric: Released next year :rolleyes:

I'm not getting too excited though, after Grand Slam Tennis 2, I will NEVER raise my hopes for a game. :ras:

Mary Cherry.
Nov 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
:hysteric: Released next year :rolleyes:

I'm not getting too excited though, after Grand Slam Tennis 2, I will NEVER raise my hopes for a game. :ras:

Have they given a more specific release date? I want to know when I can steal some cars and shoot some gangstas.

Frederik
Nov 15th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Have they given a more specific release date? I want to know when I can steal some cars and shoot some gangstas.

spring 2013... that's all we know

FORZA SARITA
Nov 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
GTA games are awesome... i was really into San Andreas on the ps2 a few months ago but i lost interest before i finished it. there's a fair bit of action in the trailer!! nice tennis court too :lol:

i loved kill the sluts on the streets :lol:

Steven.
Nov 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM
btw did anyone else find it hard to get into gta4 compared to vice city and san andreas etc.? im hoping i can get into this one much easier

SilverSlam
Nov 15th, 2012, 03:20 PM
btw did anyone else find it hard to get into gta4 compared to vice city and san andreas etc.? im hoping i can get into this one much easier

I liked the driving more than anything else in that game.

But GTA III > Vice City > IV > San Andreas IMO. There was way too much going on in San Andreas.

Steven.
Nov 15th, 2012, 03:27 PM
i thought s.a. was fun and i thought there was too much going on with 4 i didn't even really get into it before i put it down.

saul1333
Nov 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Hope it is good, GTA4 sucked balls!!

Frederik
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM

But GTA III > Vice City > IV > San Andreas IMO. There was way too much going on in San Andreas.

GTA IV was horrible in every aspect. Story sucked, characters were boring and the driving controls were god-awful.

But it's impossible to argue with someone who thinks GTA IV was better than San Andreas. :lol:

Certinfy
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM
It'll probably be May next year. GTA IV, Read Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 were all released in May.

I agree with IV not being great though, it was good but nothing more. But then that was expected, Rockstar clearly took a more realistic approach to the game and it didn't pay off, the trailer for V more than shows they're making up for that now.

San Andreas is still the best though and it's not even close I think, will be hard to beat but so far V looks very promising.

Kon.
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Nice, the trailer looks great!
San Andreas was an obsession, I hope V comes close to its awesomeness.
Never really played IV.

saul1333
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:14 PM
2012 is the first year I haven't bought a game :sobbing:

Last was Skyrim and Skyward Sword about this time last year.

Sammo
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I can't believe Dead Island got game of the year, I thought it was OK, but game of the year? Really?

King Halep
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:56 PM

i dont really get into the game but driving and listening to the soundtrack is the best part

jameshazza
Nov 15th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Virtually every good game is now released in Spring. That period used to be so dry, at least we can thank COD for something. :lol:

Keegan
Nov 16th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I'm so excited for this. I loved San Andreas and it's nice to see it back there. As much as I love the setting of GTA IV, it was pitiful. I only really liked the character. They need a game with Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas in one.

SilverSlam
Nov 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
GTA IV was horrible in every aspect. Story sucked, characters were boring and the driving controls were god-awful.

But it's impossible to argue with someone who thinks GTA IV was better than San Andreas. :lol:

:lol: Well I only San Andreas the least of them all BY FAR, except I did fly around in the jet a lot :shrug: I know it was good story wise etc, but there was so much of it to be done :speakles:

Aint nobody got time for that.

Frederik
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:19 PM
:lol: Well I only San Andreas the least of them all BY FAR, except I did fly around in the jet a lot :shrug: I know it was good story wise etc, but there was so much of it to be done :speakles:

It's not like you had to do all that extra stuff. :p

SilverSlam
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:26 PM
It's not like you had to do all that extra stuff. :p

I'm a perfectionist :sobbing: I barely made it off the starting island.

saul1333
Nov 16th, 2012, 04:08 PM

That's the best part of the GTA series. Would be too boring to just do the main story.

C. Drone
Nov 16th, 2012, 05:16 PM
That's the best part of the GTA series. Would be too boring to just do the main story.

True, but when a game just too big, some players might feel its overwhelming at the beginning.

saul1333
Nov 16th, 2012, 05:27 PM
True, but when a game just too big, some players might feel its overwhelming at the beginning.

That's probably true at the end when you get to Vegas and there is too much to do and you can go to every area. But at the beginning there is nothing better: limited to Los Santos, robbing houses at night because money is scarce, tagging over rival gangs, going on dates.

Yoncé
Nov 16th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I'm a perfectionist :sobbing: I barely made it off the starting island.

This :lol:

San Andreas was a HUGE game, its the only one I never finished :tears: GTA V looks good though!

T_P
Nov 16th, 2012, 11:43 PM
GTA SA was totally awesome. I even completed the game.
Getting chased by the cops while listening to K-ROSE :hearts:

I agree that the GTA 4 storyline was way less interesting.

Adal
Nov 17th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I can't wait! The trailer looks really good.

I liked GTA IV, but I still found it a bit disappointing after GTA SA.

Certinfy
Nov 17th, 2012, 05:09 PM
All you had to do was follow the fucking damn train, CJ!

Had to be said...

SilverSlam
Nov 17th, 2012, 05:21 PM
All you had to do was follow the fucking damn train, CJ!

Had to be said...

:hysteric:

So true.

Keegan
Nov 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
GTA SA was totally awesome. I even completed the game.
Getting chased by the cops while listening to K-ROSE :hearts:

I agree that the GTA 4 storyline was way less interesting.

I loved K-Rose. When the woman would play the harmonica with her vag :hysteric:

Sabinator.
Nov 17th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Vice City was best of da best. The atmosphere, gameplay, all was just perfect. IV dissapointed me. Hope 5th part won't by that sucky. And that's because of this:

http://gta.gram.pl/wp-content/gallery/oficjalne-screeny/v-7-1280.jpg

:inlove:

Frederik
Dec 22nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
US Senator Joe Manchin - an NRA "friend" - blames GTA for the Sandy Hook Shooting and wants it banned.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/11602/article/gta-5-should-be-banned-says-u-s-senator/

And the NRA blames video games too.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/21/while-nra-blames-video-games-during-press-conference-another-mass-shooting-takes-place-in-pennsylvania/

:rolleyes:

saul1333
Dec 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
US Senator Joe Manchin - an NRA "friend" - blames GTA for the Sandy Hook Shooting and wants it banned.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/11602/article/gta-5-should-be-banned-says-u-s-senator/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/21/while-nra-blames-video-games-during-press-conference-another-mass-shooting-takes-place-in-pennsylvania/

It's Vice City all over again.

Mary Cherry.
Dec 22nd, 2012, 05:34 PM

Ridiculous. The people who commit these shootings are usually very intelligent people, they know the difference between a computer game and reality.

However, when you see mass media coverage of actual shootings - that's very real. If anyone needs to change in light of all this, the media need to stop profiling these killers on the news 24/7.

Kon.
Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Official release date September 17, 2013.
A few months later than planned but who cares as long as it's worth it. :drool:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html

Frederik
Feb 20th, 2013, 04:49 PM
anyone else excited about today's "PlayStation Meeting 2013"? I hope they don't announce some Move garbage that nobody cares about... :lol:

@ Mary Cherry.

Do you have a PS3 again? I don't remember if you added me again or not :lol: :scratch:

SloKid
Feb 20th, 2013, 05:43 PM
In GTA IV I couldn't go past how terrible the parts spoken in Serbian sounded. :o

jameshazza
Apr 2nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/548917_10151596302180097_81503957_n.jpg

Official cover.

Keaka
Jul 9th, 2013, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N-xHcvug3WI

You must be kidding! GOAT trailer, GOAT game.

Tennis in a GTA? :sobbing:

Adal
Jul 9th, 2013, 09:00 PM

Holy fuckin shit! Can't wait.

Frederik
Jul 9th, 2013, 09:01 PM
looks better than Virtua Tennis :lol:

Edward.
Jul 9th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Like all GTA games I will probably but it, and like all GTA games I will probably never complete it.

I get bored with them very quickly.

The graphics in this game look very good which is nice, considering GTA4 is probably one of the worst looking games on the PS3.

Keaka
Jul 9th, 2013, 10:14 PM
looks better than Virtua Tennis :lol:

Exactly my thoughts. I don't think I will be doing many missions. Wouldn't it be cool if they included USTA California Challenger tournaments into the game? :hearts: :lol:

Kon.
Jul 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM

It looks amazing! :drool:
I don't have anything to play it on at the moment, though. :tears: I guess I'll have to wait a few (hopefully) months after September. I'm used to playing GTA on PC anyway.

Frederik
Aug 25th, 2013, 10:58 PM
About 3 weeks left until GFs and everyone's social life become irrelevant. :cool: :devil:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9a38d3e2ad6140232d68005eaa93409f/tumblr_mogvvzSLDZ1s8bub6o1_500.gif

ivanban
Aug 25th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Grand Theft Auto pulled from sale after Bangkok teen murders taxi driver 'to see if it was as easy as in the game' :tape:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041407/Grand-Theft-Auto-pulled-sale-Bangkok-teen-murders-taxi-driver-easy-game.html

Boy, 8, played violent video game, killed 90-year-old woman — but will NOT be charged :unsure:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/8-year-old-boy-played-violent-video-game-killed-90-year-old-woman-charged-cops-article-1.1435828

Frederik
Sep 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Tennis will also be playable in GTA Online.

As was hinted in the trailers, GTA V contains fully playable golf and tennis mini-games. Except there’s nothing “mini” about them. I got to play both, and it’s like having Tiger Woods PGA Tour and Top Spin hidden inside San Andreas. Several tennis courts dot Los Santos, while the city contains one 18-hole golf course. The mechanics are both familiar and fully functional. Pull the stick back and whip it forward at the right moment on your golf swing, while tennis controls are almost identical to Top Spin’s. It’s surprisingly fun, and tennis can be played in two-player online, while golf can accommodate a foursome in GTA Online. Shooting the breeze with your friends while you hit the links is going to be a huge draw unto itself.

from IGN

Jajaloo
Sep 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I liked GTA IV, but I still found it a bit disappointing after GTA SA.

Yeah this. GTA: SA >>>>

Frederik
Sep 16th, 2013, 09:16 PM
You can play 5 sets with 6 games per set :lol: so real scoring :cool:

Even has 4 different shot types (slice, top spin, normal and lob). Going to play my first match now :lol:

Edward.
Sep 16th, 2013, 10:52 PM
My copy will be arriving tomorrow. Will play it when I get home from work.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m70taqmD5a1rpwl7ho1_500.gif

iPatty
Sep 17th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Going in a couple hours to get my copy at midnight. Can't wait to get back and play it all night. :cool:

Martian Jeza
Sep 17th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Those idiots think like other games Consoles are the best when PC's with wonderful graphic cards + CPU + Sound + RAM are the best ! PC's at each levels beat consoles !

Edward.
Sep 17th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Those idiots think like other games Consoles are the best when PC's with wonderful graphic cards + CPU + Sound + RAM are the best ! PC's at each levels beat consoles !

GTA5 is not available on PC. :weirdo:

Martian Jeza
Sep 17th, 2013, 07:22 AM
GTA5 is not available on PC. :weirdo:

Smartass that don't understand what I told ! Good one ! PC always will be above consoles ! GTA was at the beginning a PC game and then they will go to put their game to loosy consoles like X-Box and Playstation ! Nice one

Edward.
Sep 17th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Smartass that don't understand what I told ! Good one ! PC always will be above consoles ! GTA was at the beginning a PC game and then they will go to put their game to loosy consoles like X-Box and Playstation ! Nice one

GTA5 has not been announced for PC, dumbass.

Martian Jeza
Sep 17th, 2013, 08:32 AM
GTA5 has not been announced for PC, dumbass.

Hhahahahahahahahah : I love your arrogance ! Yet you are a ( censored )

Frederik
Sep 17th, 2013, 08:40 AM

E-Thugs like you should go to YouTube to fight the console/PC war. TF is not the place. :wavey:

Join your fellow keyboard warriors.

Martian Jeza
Sep 17th, 2013, 08:49 AM
E-Thugs like you should go to YouTube to fight the console/PC war. TF is not the place. :wavey:

Join your fellow keyboard warriors.

That TV box like you loads have WILL NEVER EVER come back in my house !

QueenPeer
Sep 17th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Hhahahahahahahahah : I love your arrogance ! Yet you are a ( censored )

Are you retarded? :help:

It hasn't been announced for PC yet... It's not rocket science.

Martian Jeza
Sep 17th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Are you retarded? :help:

It hasn't been announced for PC yet... It's not rocket science.

I'm not retarded : you maybe are : that's not my stuff ! PC will come maybe 2 years later ! CONSOLES SUCK !

QueenPeer
Sep 17th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Good to know :)

iWill
Sep 17th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Wtf is going on :sobbing:

Can't wait to go buy this after work :lol:

M.S.F
Sep 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Can't wait to get my copy :bounce:

V-MAC
Sep 17th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Probably buy this just for the tennis mini-game:o

M.S.F
Sep 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Probably buy this just for the tennis mini-game:o

Seriously? :lol:
I think there are many things to enjoy in this game.
It got 98 out of 100 on Metacritic!

Jimmie48
Sep 17th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Not much of a gamer aside from Top Spin & Fifa but this is an exception! I mean, it has tennis...

Tried buying it since yesterday. All stores were sold out yesterday and even today I had to hit up several stores to finally get myself a copy. Witnessed some guys literally fighting over the last PS3 copy... the hype around this game is completely insane :haha:

Edward.
Sep 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Can't wait to get my copy :bounce:

It has lots of sex and violence and un-burqaed women. Won't the Islamic goon squads give you lashes for playing this game?

Sammo
Sep 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Never played a GTA before and never really wanted to, having sex with prostitutes and then beating them to death has never really caught my attention :lol: But this game really looks amazing so I'll just avoid that, I'll wait until Watch Dogs comes out to see which of the 2 I buy.

M.S.F
Sep 17th, 2013, 02:40 PM
It has lots of sex and violence and un-burqaed women. Won't the Islamic goon squads give you lashes for playing this game?

Are you serious? :tape:

Never played a GTA before and never really wanted to, having sex with prostitutes and then beating them to death has never really caught my attention :lol: But this game really looks amazing so I'll just avoid that, I'll wait until Watch Dogs comes out to see which of the 2 I buy.

The main thing about GTA is playing the missions and finishing the story and there are many other things to do.
All the GTAs since the third one are pretty good. They never disappoint.
This one looks very different from the rest with three characters and the new features they added.

Jajaloo
Sep 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM
The tennis on GTA is better than Top Spin 4 :oh:

Frederik
Sep 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM
It's actually pretty bad :scratch:

Edward.
Sep 20th, 2013, 12:06 AM
It's actually pretty bad :scratch:

Michael's quotes during the tennis game are the best part of it. :lol:

"Not badddddddd for a fat fucker!"

V-MAC
Sep 23rd, 2013, 02:27 AM
Well the tennis is "interesting":lol:
I find it impossible to win more than 2 games against Rae on the most difficult setting coz she has the insane ability to redirect any ball from any position on the court....impossible to anticipate:o
We need Rae on the WTA tour:p
The normal setting is very simple though.

GTA V in general is amazing though. The triathlons are great!

crazillo
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
It's my first GTA and I usually don't play games like this but man, GTA V is amazing. Totally excited about GTA Online, too. Should start my thesis though. :sad:

Cosmic Voices
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Been watching a particular youtuber's walkthrough of this (its my thing...I watch walkthroughs :sobbing:) and found the game to be incredibly realistic with great storylines and crossfades. I particularly like the slow-motion option during shoot outs. He's currently on the part with Franklin doing a second paparazzi mission assassinating that dude from the hotel. I also think the mini challenges are a great addition to the game

Skinz
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Will be getting it when it is a bit cheaper :)

Edward.
Sep 23rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
The drug missions with Michael are just :haha: :haha: :haha:

And Trevor is hilarious. He takes the best selfies too.

http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/shark-leathalcrazydog.jpg?w=558&h=9999&crop=0

Franklin is my favourite character though!

Keegan
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
I YouTube'd the tennis in GTA V and came across this gem :hysteric:
VO8C5idVN6g

Sammo
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:46 PM
I YouTube'd the tennis in GTA V and came across this gem :hysteric:
VO8C5idVN6g

OMG :spit: Things like that should happen on the tour really

Cosmic Voices
Sep 24th, 2013, 12:41 AM
"I'm gonna beat your better than your spouse"

Keegan
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:17 AM
"I'm gonna beat your better than your spouse"

My favourite was the "WAAA! HUUU! ...what...? What??? *gets punched and pulls out a rocket launcher*" :hysteric:

V-MAC
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:40 AM
I definitely think this is the best GTA game ever

esquímaux
Sep 24th, 2013, 05:19 AM
I never got into the GTA series (too vulgar/obscene for my tastes) but the graphics are great. Also the series has a HUGE and diverse fanbase.

Sammo
Sep 24th, 2013, 08:31 PM
EB_XX_IM8io

:spit:

Edward.
Sep 24th, 2013, 08:52 PM
EB_XX_IM8io

:spit:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I want the missile-firing helicopter, I've only flown normal and army helicopters up to this point. :hysteric:

Frederik
Sep 24th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Just finished the game :cool:

Now going for all the freaks and stranger missions :D