PDA

View Full Version : Ivanovic's goals 2013: Top10 and place in WTA Champs

Pep Guti
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Here, at Punto de Break, Ana told me that her goal for 2013 was to take place in the WTA Championships: http://www.puntodebreak.com/2012/11/10/ana-ivanovic-mi-objetivo-es-volver-al-top10

Do you think she will get it done? :secret:

Just Do It
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:22 PM
She isn't too far away from re=entering top10 :shrug:

eDonkey
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:28 PM
She isn't too far away from re=entering top10 :shrug:

If you just look at the rankings - she is not. But actually she is nearly a thousand points away from the top 10.

killerqueen
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Top ten could happen, though it'd take a big improvement. Championships probably out of her reach unless she could have a huge slam run.

Kairi
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:34 PM
place in WTA Champs
:haha:

Pep Guti
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:40 PM
if she gets to be more regular in Grand Slam tournaments, and even meet in one semifinal, could easily opt to enter in WTA Champs.

Gilas.
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Well, at least she has tennis goals, unlike her Serbian sister :oh:

mauresmofan
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
She's very capable of achieving those goals. She has a good game and work ethic so she can make the improvements necessary to get to that next round of the bigger tournaments.

empressionist
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:22 PM
well, at least her plans seem a little more realistic, unlike previous years, where she was aiming a GS title or nothing. one step at a time. everyone knows she is a top ten material, she just needs to be more consistent.

Stonerpova
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM
It's doable, but she's gonna need to stop losing in the third round of premier events and she's gonna need at least one big slam result next year.

Patrick345
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Here, at Punto de Break, Ana told me that her goal for 2013 was to take place in the WTA Championships: http://www.puntodebreak.com/2012/11/10/ana-ivanovic-mi-objetivo-es-volver-al-top10

More important did you feed her?

New rule is for every question answered she will be given a chocolate chip cookie.

Patrick345
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:31 PM
well, at least her plans seem a little more realistic, unlike previous years, where she was aiming a GS title or nothing. one step at a time. everyone knows she is a top ten material, she just needs to be more consistent.

She was consistent. That´s why she is back in the top 15. To be top 10 you need to be performing at a higher level at some events to gain big chunks of points.

Stonerpova
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM

That's probably Sears' influence. She seems to be a lot more level-headed when talking about her tennis nowadays.

sweetadri06
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:40 PM
It's possible to get to the top 10 but she needs to have a good run at slams and/or a win or final at a few premier events to have a shot at Istanbul.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:42 PM
There are probably four or five players out there who barring ill health are virtually certain to make the YEC and maybe six or seven plus the unexpected one who'll surprise everyone (there's always one in most years) to do battle for the remaining three spots. Ana is one of them, so it will be difficult, but she has a chance. Same for getting back into the top ten really, but there her odds are a bit better because of the two extra spots. To do it she'll have to have a great run at one of the slams and/or do well in the premier mandatory and premmier5 events, but she's so close that it's almost inevitable that things will fall into place for her sooner or later. She just has to really believe that she can do it. Her win over Kvitova at the Fed cup might help her a bit, but unfortunately for her by the time the 2013 season gets going the beneficial effects she might have gotten from that may already be gone. Still, Ivanovic fans have reason to be optimistic I think.

moodin0931
Nov 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM
We shall wait and see :oh:

edificio
Nov 13th, 2012, 07:34 PM
All good goals. She could do it if, if, if. :shrug:

JAS_
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Is there any other player who likes to wear her goals on a sleave like that and invites the public to discuss them? I sure don't know. Or, is the public, just more interested in her goals, than in other players'? :scratch:

She could benefit a lot from keeping her goals to herself (http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_keep_your_goals_to_yourself.html)

Joelina
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:24 PM
good luck Ana, it would be great to have you back in top 10 ;)

Vincey!
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:24 PM
That's a good goal for her. Not impossible to achieve

Coconut91
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Good interview! Liked it a lot. Congratulations. :)

I hope Ana makes it BTW. Would make wonders for the WTA to have her "bAcK!!!11" :p

LindsayRulz
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
This thread is so going to be bumped everytime she crashes early in a draw next year. :sobbing:

Curtos07
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM
These are good goals to have. Whether she achieves them or not is another question. Ana needs to be a much more consistent player at the slams and premier level events to reach these goals. It all starts now with a good off-season and getting herself back in shape, regaining her power and such.

mauresmofan
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Is there any other player who likes to wear her goals on a sleave like that and invites the public to discuss them? I sure don't know. Or, is the public, just more interested in her goals, than in other players'? :scratch:

She could benefit a lot from keeping her goals to herself (http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_keep_your_goals_to_yourself.html)

Well she was asked a question and answered it truthfully - what would you prefer her to say?

JAS_
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Well she was asked a question and answered it truthfully - what would you prefer her to say?

I dunno...dodge the question? ;):angel:

No, really, are others players not asked those questions, or are their goals not discussed as much? Or is it just me?

NashaMasha
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Her main goal for 2013 season should be move her ass to the gym and then to the canteen and take some kg , otherwise it's not normal that her racquet is heavier than her body .

At Flushing Meadows organizers may not allow her to play at Ashe as will be worried about: "The wind can blow her to New Jersey"

danieln1
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:15 PM
If Errani can get into the YEC, even Brie Whitehead can too :oh:

mauresmofan
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:31 PM

Ohhhhhhh that was Arctic cold!

Letigre
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I don´t think she´s is gonna get it. Even this year she is played awful tennis for long stretches of time. She is inconsistent and not too strong mentally. She can still play some good matches but not often enough. Even against a totally drained Kvitova (after her JJ adrenaline discharge of the previous day) she almost managed to choke at the end, but hey, if she kicks horror-errani out of the top 10 is OK by me.

$uricate
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:52 PM
She needs to really push.

I think the only match where I was amazed by her this year was when she defeated Woz in IW. She was really motivated.

Most of the rest of the time she plays well enough to reach R3 of an event then gets slaughtered by a higher ranked player or someone having a great week :shrug:

I think top 10 is very realistic.

In fact if she got all her confidence back she could go higher. Ana was only in the 6-10 range for a short time. She's either top 5 or 13+ for most of her career.

Mixal
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM
:haha:

People have moved on from pictography thousands of years ago. But I do hope you will discover the wonders of literacy one day.

As everyone else said, her goals are more realistic than usual.

Cajka
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:24 PM
The goals are realistic, the last time she set those goals, she managed to do it (yes, it was 2006).

But, realistic goals are not enough, she needs a more realistic schedule, a fitness coach and a sport psychologist.

Papi
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Aww she's so cute.

coolfish1103
Nov 14th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Maybe WTA Champs meant TOC :oh:

VIKANADAL01
Nov 14th, 2012, 12:35 PM
POSSIBLE! she has to believe she can do it and be more consistant!

Beat
Nov 14th, 2012, 01:52 PM

but that doesn't mean ana can. :hah:

mikahhakim
Nov 14th, 2012, 02:31 PM
It's possible. She only needs to be consistent

dsanders06
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Stranger things have happened. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see her get to #9/10, but for me a YEC place is a little bit out of reach.

madmax
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:33 PM
VIP has an ability to be TOP 10 player, but does she have the guts and willpower to grind them out ugly wins on today's slow azz courts?:unsure: Not so sure about it. Bless her anyway

harloo
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Ana just doesn't play with the same confidence as she did years ago. For some reason I feel like it doesn't matter if she is able to enter the top 10 the belief isn't there anymore. It's weird to me how the Serbian sisters have faded and are now being overshadowed by the likes of Age and Kerber. I guess tennis really is a sport of ups and downs because back in the day Ana and Jelena were two formidable top players.

Wiggly
Nov 14th, 2012, 06:21 PM
She's very close to the top 10 player but I bet most players on Tour don't see her as a top ten player.
She doesn't have any aura around her as she had way too many bad losses.

Tag
Nov 18th, 2012, 01:58 AM
ivanovic needs to settle for realistic goals

like gaining her respect and fans back

Curtos07
Nov 18th, 2012, 04:57 AM
ivanovic needs to settle for realistic goals

like gaining her respect and fans back

They never left.

thegreendestiny
Nov 18th, 2012, 05:31 AM
By "WTA champs" I hope she means the MM championships which she will get a WC right? :shrug:

coolfish1103
Nov 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
By "WTA champs" I hope she means the MM championships which she will get a WC right? :shrug:

Pretty much... because there's really only one goal if she really meant YEC.

Evan James
Nov 18th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Some of you guys said that Ana wasn't consistent this year. I don't think that's true. During 2012, Ana mostly reached the rounds she was suposed to, considering her rankings. For the most of the time she was between No. 12 and No 16, and she was reaching R3 at Premiers and at least Round of 16 at Grand slams (except Roland Garros, where she lost in R3). Ana would be #11 now if she played another two Internationals where she would probably go far, but her team chosed for her to play just big events, like Azarenka, Williams and Sharapova did. So, I think 2012 was Ana's best season after 2008, no matter she didn't manage to win a title. She was much more consistent than in 2009/10/11. Top 10 is very real, and she will be there by march or april, although I can see her reaching SF at Australian open, so that could happen in february. By the end of 2013, I would like to see her as top 5 player. :)

Pops Maellard
Nov 19th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Get it Ms. Ivonavich :cheer:,

jameshazza
Nov 19th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Not unrealistic. I can see top 10.
However, YEC would take massive improvements. Plus, I think she should mainly be worried about her physique.

Nicolás89
Nov 19th, 2012, 12:40 AM
"place in WTA champs" She meant as an alt. :oh:

dencod16
Nov 19th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Her goal is not that far off, she is in the top 15, however she has to stop with the off days where anyone could beat her. Maybe barring Hantuchova on her off day roll right now. It's not like she said world no. 1 and a slam.

Cajka
Nov 20th, 2012, 03:11 PM
A poster form Anapolis, gloria7, translated the interview in Serbian. This is what she said about her goals in her latest interview:

Q: Your goals for next year?

A: I set my goals and i talked to Nigel...There was a time when my goals were unrealistic...i wanted everything and i want that to happen right away...it was too much, too soon...I could't achieve these goals and i was disappointed...Now i've set myself more realistic goals, something i can achieve. I want to get back to the top 10 and that goal is close, realistic. That's the first step. It's possible, i feel good and i'll give my all to make it happen.If i don't get backinto top 10 in 2013 - there is always next year...

That's basically what most of the posters in this thread stated already, Ana obviously agrees with us. :p

lenas warriors
Nov 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Good luck with that

marineblue
Nov 20th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I think she can get to top 10 but girl needs to start winning tournaments to ensure she has enough points to catch the YEC train. I would like to see her playing more international events while she can do it. Had she played them this year she could have won at least one,IMO.