PDA

View Full Version : peak CAPRiATI vs PEAK SERENA www??

GAGAlady
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:18 AM
This is a battle of divas, two drama queens who live and die by the sword, yell at umpires, challenge line calls and berate the linesmen, explode at one another ( many times) bad blood and poor sportsmanship abound with these two taking points from one another not willing to give an inch. Peak CAPRIATI , tenacious bulldog, powerfull, fast, hunts down every laser like crack by Williams sending the ball back with pace and interest, hitting her down the line forehands and running forehands at will, high percentage of first serves in ( serving in at around 110-115 mph) against a Serena equally determined cracking aces and punishing her grounded against her arch nemeises

This would be a true battle of wills and hunger as bother would make the other play killer tennis... All down to the wire. This would be epic. So much screaming, so many come on's!! So many bitchfest's . Www? And how?

... I know people would assume Serena but this is CAPRIATI, her biggest pain in the ass... Imagine her playing peak CAPRIATI. It would be a tough one.:wavey:

LeRoy.
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Serena wins 3-6 7-5 7-5

sweetadri06
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:21 AM
It would be a 3 set battle, probably lasting 4 hours but Serena would prevail.

Charlatan
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:22 AM
That'd be a hell of a MATCH! Peak Serena will prevail at the end in 3 tight sets

Stonerpova
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Capriati's defense/counterpunching matches Serena's attack, and Jen could also match Serena in both return of serve and raw foot-speed as well. But Serena's got the much better serve, so she'd prevail, probably in 3 sets.

markdelaney
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:28 AM
all of Capriati's victories came when Serena was ranked between 5-11 which suggests PEAK Serena would beat her relatively comfortably

shoryuken
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Serena 6-1 6-1

Stonerpova
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:32 AM
all of Capriati's victories came when Serena was ranked between 5-11 which suggests PEAK Serena would beat her relatively comfortably

Right, but Capriati played her close in all but like 1 of her losses. That counts for something.

GAGAlady
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:32 AM

She had many chances against Serena in all of her 8 straight losses to her most of them went to 3 sets and a lot of them CAPRIATI was winning or up in sets and gave the lead up. So certainly it was no walk in the park for Williams even tho she did go on an 8 match win streak against CAPRIATI in 02, unlike vika azarenka and sharapova who are consistently being bageled and breadsticked by Williams ( embarrassing if u ask me...) they should ask Jennifer how it's done and how to lose with respect and admiration....

GAGAlady
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:34 AM
I mean a loss is a loss but I'd rather lose 6-4 in the third with chances to win than 6-1 6-3 5 or 6 times in a row with no chances to win and looking like a clown while doing so...

sweetadri06
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:36 AM
She had many chances against Serena in all of her 8 straight losses to her most of them went to 3 sets and a lot of them CAPRIATI was winning or up in sets and gave the lead up. So certainly it was no walk in the park for Williams even tho she did go on an 8 match win streak against CAPRIATI in 02, unlike vika azarenka and sharapova who are consistently being bageled and breadsticked by Williams ( embarrassing if u ask me...) they should ask Jennifer how it's done and how to lose with respect and admiration....

Azarenka and Sharapova can't play like Capriati. :lol:

GAGAlady
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Azarenka and Sharapova can't play like Capriati. :lol:

Your too right.... They don't have the passion that Jen did . She would kill herself or pump herself full of heroine and sleeping pills before losing to Serena 6-3 6-1... That's why I respected her and so many did too she may not win the battle but she ain't gonna give it to u and she will fight dirty . Like her or not she played with passion and guts, Viktoria and Maria would be only too wise to learn how to play with " guts" means more than just screaming ur face off and looking like a mad chicken.

sweetadri06
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Your too right.... They don't have the passion that Jen did . She would kill herself or pump herself full of heroine and sleeping pills before losing to Serena 6-3 6-1... That's why I respected her and so many did too she may not win the battle but she ain't gonna give it to u and she will fight dirty . Like her or not she played with passion and guts, Viktoria and Maria would be only too wise to learn how to play with " guts" means more than just screaming ur face off and looking like a mad chicken.

No I mean physically, they can't play like her. Maria does have the guts and passion. The closet thing to Jen in today's game is probably Kerber.

Morning Morgan
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Capriati fan here, but I'll have to give the edge to Serena, down to the serve and a bigger firepower that Serena has. What Capriati is great at doing is to counterpunch well and eventually force Serena to move, and frustrate Serena quite a bit by not letting Serena bully her off the court, and that she'll have to actually get her feet going 100% on to beat a peak Capriati. Capriati's biggest ability against Serena is to pull her level down, and if somehow peak Serena does not allow that to happen, there can only be one winner.

If you wanna beat Serena, you'll have to drag her level down, because when it comes to firepower there's really no one on the women's side who can overwhelm her. You must frustrate her, get her movement to become flustered so that her shots cannot be set up properly which would extinguish her power and draw errors, then through this eventually mess her mind up enough so that she herself starts doubting her shots. You basically want to make sure Peak Serena does not show up. But few players nowadays have this ability, and you can see it's the players who have the ability to survive an initial onslaught and makes Serena play a lot of balls who can give Serena trouble (like Caro, Kerber), but they still can easily be destroyed when Serena is on.

To be honest the closest thing to a peak Serena losing is the 2008 Wimbledon final against Venus, where Venus was actually holding her own in the power stakes. And I think this is what Serena meant when she says Venus is her greatest rival, because Venus is probably the only one who can hold her own in terms of power when Peak Serena shows up.

azinna
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:25 AM
^^ Beat me to it. Yes, Capriati rattled Serena, brought her game down from whatever high level it was resting at before the match. So Peak Serena would be dragged into a dogfight, but would prevail in the third over the difference in their serves.

faboozadoo15
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:13 AM
I'd rather watch them go at it both at 80% :lol:

Temperenka
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Peak Capriati was amazing. However, she still loses to Serena 6-4 in the third set.

Stamp Paid
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Peak Capriati was amazing. However, she still loses to Serena 6-4 in the third set.Amazing though? :lol:

erschloy214
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I think it would be a very close match up. Jen always got under Serena's skin for some reason or another. I think peak Serena would have trouble, but her serve would end up winning the match. I wish there was someone in the game today that could rival Serena vs Jen match ups. They were so fun to watch!

Cajka
Nov 13th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Serena is a much better player, but peak Capriati was a horrible match-up for her, so it would be a long and tough match.

i.will2
Nov 14th, 2012, 01:40 AM
It would likely go 3 sets but Serena pulls this one out definitely. Capriati is very well suited to play well against Serena, she wouldn't hit her off the court but could make Serena play the extra shot and get her on the run. The thing about this matchup is that we probably haven't seen them play each other at their peak, but that made the matches even more entertaining. The WTA could use a couple new versions of the Capriati v. Serena rivalry.

danieln1
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:02 AM
It would be something like this:

wnuPIS2cJ2Q

Lvl16Paladin
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Peak Capriati was amazing. However, she still loses to Serena 6-4 in the third set.

I like your username :yeah:

Nicolás89
Nov 15th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Oh they met in Miami 2002 and Peak Serena defeated Peak Capriati 75 76

Lucemferre
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Serena answered this question in 2001-2003 by beating her 8 times in a row.

auntie janie
Nov 15th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Serena answered this question in 2001-2003 by beating her 8 times in a row.

:yeah:

forehand27
Nov 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM
The funniest thing of all is peak Serena would probably beat all other women peak to peak with a few exceptions- Henin on clay, maybe Venus on grass, maybe Kim on fast hard courts, maybe Henin or Kim indoors. Yet peak Serena probably has more trouble with Capriati than most other top players who are all inferior to Serena overall. Most people are saying peak Serena vs peak Capriati is Serena winning in a super tough 3 setter. Yet if people were talking about peak Venus, peak Henin, peak Graf, peak Seles, even peak Davenport or peak Hingis the consensus would probably be Capriati is dominated and spanked most of the time. Heck even peak Mauresmo, peak Sabatini, and peak Novotna have the edge over peak Capriati. So the question is what was it that made Capriati such a tough opponent for Serena relative to her own abilities and what a pushover she was for most of the WTAs top tier.

doomsday
Nov 15th, 2012, 08:11 PM

You're ridiculous, it's a matchup problem there is always gonna be an opponent who gives you a lot of trouble and I don't see the shame when you're losing to Serena like really.
Capriati couldn't even beat Venus even when she was at her peak, I'd rather get embarrassed by Serena than by Venus if you ask me. She should have asked Maria, Kim Serena how it's done and how to WIN rather than losing with zero respect and zero admiration.