PDA

View Full Version : Who is the classiest player on court?

danieln1
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I think it´s Venus Williams.

Can´t remember any arguing, gamesmanship, swearing, nothing.

She´s a real lady on the court

Anyone else?

Barktra
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Shvedova IMO

Dominic
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM

Anyone else?

I Remember her getting mad one very memorable time when she was younger but yes mostly she's one of the most classy!

Djezonfly
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Stosur is one of the classiest

danieln1
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:53 PM

Yeah, I forgot about her, class act also :yeah:

danieln1
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I Remember her getting mad one very memorable time when she was younger but yes mostly she's one of the most classy!

I remember that, I think it was Wimbledon or something, she yelled a lot there :lol: But she was 18/19...

Natural Joe
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Li Na :shrug:

Barktra
When davenport was playing she was very classy

MB.
Serena Williams.

killerqueen
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM

This is true. I can't think of Stosur ever losing her temper.

EnglishOak
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Serena Williams.

HaHa! Nice one!

Wert.
Safarova isn't she? :)

Natural Joe

Didn't she get a warning for swearing not too long ago? :oh:

Wert.
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Oh and Shvedova too.

Geekking
IMO, Sabine Lisicki! She never thrown or smashed a racquet in her life!

Geekking
Serena Williams.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
GCvL0nONMcg
px03E5NnPSU

Potato
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM

px03E5NnPSU

:lol:

E3kX--rw744

Brena
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Radwanska. She keeps quiet and goes about her business, no tantrums, no gamesmanship, no drama, nothing.

Dominic
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Serena Williams.

:lol: :haha:

Geekking
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:11 PM
:lol:

E3kX--rw744
I personally thanked for this to Williams
:worship::hug:

ScrubLove
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:18 PM

I think Caro would disagree after "the bump." :lol:

legalise#
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Venus, especially with the handshake.

Petronius
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Julia Goerges, she's simply adorable

http://i.minus.com/ibhfmf1InmibW3.gif

davidmario
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Amy Frazier used to thank the ball boys EVERY SINGLE time :D

Geekking
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I think Caro would disagree after "the bump." :lol:

Hahaha. Yeah "she was not invisible" :lol:

Mixal
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:34 PM

:spit:

She swears all the time and looks very pissed when playing badly.

Mixal
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Julia Goerges, she's simply adorable

http://i.minus.com/ibhfmf1InmibW3.gif

Despite this "incident", Goerges is actually one of the classiest players out there.

Petronius
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Despite this "incident", Goerges is actually one of the classiest players out there.

Actually it's tough to find a player who hasn't lost his/her temper at least once over the career. Even Federer was spotted shouting 'Shut up!' at the crowd during the French Open.

Charlatan
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM

It's more than not throwing or breaking a racquet :lol: You should see some of her handshakes

Anyway, Venus , Aga :hearts: except that BFF handshake vs Venus' cousin at Doha :oh:

I agree with people picking Shvedova, Safarova! And Makarova, Shuai :yeah:

SoClose
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Serena,Pova,Vee!! :hearts:

tonybotz
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM
If you want to look to any players to see how to comport yourself to the most professional you can be - look to Monica Seles and Venus Williams.

GOATdin0931
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Venus is definitely up there :yeah:

T_P
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Little Jie :D

lenas warriors
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Kvitova. Used to be Lena D

LightWarrior
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Yeah but she's always aloof and kind of condescending when handshaking her opponent. At least that's the impression I always get.

GOATdin0931
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Kvitova. Used to be Lena D

She isn't rude on court but that barking she does is certainly not classy :tape:

And yeah Lena D was always very classy :)

Manitou
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Schiavone

--

nazzac
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Venus, and Shvedova pop to mind. Thats one of the reasons i like her. It's kinda incredible how Shvedova manages to keep her temper in check with the amount of choking she does.

But i don't think any of them are as classy as Del Potro.

LightWarrior
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Woz is pretty classy when she shakes hands with her opponent after a loss.

Stonerpova
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Stosur. But she's a class act in general.

Clijsters deserves a mention, retired or not.

Achernar
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Stosur. But she's a class act in general.

Clijsters deserves a mention, retired or not.

I agree for both of them. I would add Dementieva, one of the classiest player ever. She was a great ambassador for women's tennis.

Also on my list:

Safarova
Makarova
Barthel
Wozniak
Martic
Larsson
Giorgi

Dominic
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Davenport, Seles, Dementieva, Stosur, Venus

Kathy Rinaldi
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:49 PM
And yeah Lena D was always very classy :)

She was always very well behaved around officials but she gave some of the sourest losing handshakes I've seen.

heejin
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Dementieva was for sure.
Also in my list : Nathalie Dechy, Chanda Rubin :hearts:
Actually, may be Stosur, Schvedova

kwilliams
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Venus is always great at the net, very smiley.

I think Sharapova has become very gracious in the past few years. I like some of her runner-up speeches and she was very appreciative toward the crowd in Istanbul a few weeks ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/8175732591/in/photostream

Stonerpova
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Venus is always great at the net, very smiley.

I think Sharapova has become very gracious in the past few years. I like some of her runner-up speeches and she was very appreciative toward the crowd in Istanbul a few weeks ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/8175732591/in/photostream

Yeah Maria's classier in defeat than just about anyone. I mean she's had more practice making runner-up speeches then I would like, but it's lovely to see.

GAGAlady
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Jennifer CAPRIATI. Pure klass

Cajka
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Venus, Radwanska, Stosur, Sharapova, Safarova, Kanepi, Arvidsson, Zheng...

Setsuna.
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Sam
Venus
Slava
Mona
Lucie
Martic

debby
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Justine Henin.

No just kidding, she was just one of the most classless players ever :cheer: the Hand :cheer: The AO 04 :cheer: The AO 06 :cheer:

Seriously : Venus, Kim, Maria, Stosur...

Sweety Darling
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:07 AM
lol @ people voting for Sharapova or Serena. They are two of the mst classless players of all time. I think Davenport was the most classy

debby
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:09 AM
lol @ people voting for Sharapova or Serena. They are two of the mst classless players of all time. I think Davenport was the most classy

Jankovic and Henin disagree. :rolls:

Nicolás89
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM
When in the world was Davenport ever classy!? :lol:

Even now retired spitting her venom on TV gossipping about every player she wasn't on good terms with, yay super classy.

mauresmofan
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Didn't Richard Williams show the girls videos of Steffi to show them how to behave on court?

*Cough, cough apparently only one of them was paying attention!

Nicolás89
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Didn't Richard Williams show the girls videos of Steffi to show them how to behave on court?

*Cough, cough apparently only one of them was paying attention!

Lol So many myths, look at any youtube video where Greaf is losing, the death stares at the chair umpire standing with the hands on her hips like saying "are you fuck!ng kidding me?" :lol:

Brad[le]y.
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Jennifer CAPRIATI. Pure klass

Yeah, right :lol:

mauresmofan
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Lol So many myths, look at any youtube video where Greaf is losing, the death stares at the chair umpire standing with the hands on her hips like saying "are you fuck!ng kidding me?" :lol:

For someone who played so much and won so much I'd say her on court behaviour was very good. Of course she was going to have the odd day where she was a bit wound up but for the vast majority of her play she was professional to her finger tips and well behaved on court. I remember one year at the French after winning a match she had a nice moment high fiving one of the guys who sweeps the courts and the commentator mentioned she was always very friendly with the people who look after the courts.

Drake1980
Nov 13th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Surprised Mauresmo wasn't mentioned. I mean I know she is retired now but she was always quite classy imo.

Dominic
Nov 13th, 2012, 02:18 AM
GCvL0nONMcg
px03E5NnPSU

Wait there is also this at 1:00 :lol: Had never seen this one before!!
She's an expert at threatening ppl!

QLa3PQBnbAs

kiwifan
Nov 13th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Venus of course. :cool:

gbenga
Nov 13th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Wait there is also this at 1:00 :lol: Had never seen this one before!!
She's an expert at threatening ppl!

Obsessive hatred is not healthy.

TBA2
Nov 13th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Ana Ivanovic in my opinion.

$uricate
Nov 13th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Peng Shuai.

Too nice.

Has she ever been out of line?

And she's always so sincere at the handshake :hearts:

JustPetko
Nov 13th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Suzanne Lenglen.

Sharpiiii
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Definetely no: Serena, Vika MAsha and Aga ... maybe Venus

Trickle
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Lots of players are probably classy on court but bitches in the lockerroom.

Petkovic
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Sam
Venus
Slava
Mona
Lucie
Martic

This :D

binky-GOAT
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Yulia Putintseva :D

borrowedheaven
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Kim obvs. Always applauding shots, not taking too much time and always had a couple of nice words at the net if she lost.

Natural Joe
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Sam
Venus
Slava
Mona
Lucie
Martic

But on a bad day she can get pretty angry on court. :lol:

Pops Maellard
Nov 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Queen Vee.

Joelina
Nov 13th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Dementieva when she was playing, now Kvitova

charmedRic
Nov 13th, 2012, 11:21 AM
hands down, Rodionova.

Simugna Help
Nov 13th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Julia Goerges

I always get the impression Venus' 543357654 ball tosses are intentional with the purpose of throwing the returner off balance. :shrug:

Jajaloo
Nov 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Lisick? The Wimbledon bump wasn't classy at all

lol @ people voting for Sharapova or Serena. They are two of the mst classless players of all time.

This.

Joelina
Nov 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM
in what is Sharapova classles player of all time??? :confused: there are maybe two videos where she is arguing with umpire and it´s not even long or some serious arguing

Effy
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Venus :hearts: very classy

Vartan
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Not the current top 3 for sure.

Celeborn
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Kvitova for me.

Doesn't try to intimidate other players, no extensive celebrations, no big celebrations on opponent's unforced errors, no stupid antics on court. Very fair player.

Simugna Help
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:52 PM
in what is Sharapova classles player of all time??? :confused:

Everything? Shrieking, screaming between points, taking forever between points, nasty comments like "this is my home" :tape:

Sammo
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I'd say Daniela Hantuchova and Yaroslava Shvedova, and Sam except for that one time against Kirilenko at the US Open :oh: Also Olga Puchkova but that's just because she doesn't care :lol:

Otlichno
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:11 PM
At the moment, definitely Aga. It used to be Dementieva.

hurricanejeanne
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Well, let's be honest here no one is immune to letting the emotions get to them from time to time. So every player mentioned in this thread has had their moments.
The first two names that popped in my head, however, were Venus and Lena D. They both had their moments but of the whole are class acts. Mauresmo is another one.

Lachy
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'm inclined to say Venus. Phenomenal sibling contrast.

Big_Banana
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
it's difficult to pick tbh. one can lose her plot sometimes, it depends on the situation, even if she's not used to it. this doesn't make her a classless player :shrug:

Na for example, we all know how she talks towards her angle, but this doesn't mean anything. I read people saying she's rude with ball boys, but why? because she usually asks for the towel? if someone's class is measured by the fact she keeps her mouth shut, well I think it's a way to simplify things too much. obviously I'm taking Na's example because I know her better than the others.

Jajaloo
Nov 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM
in what is Sharapova classles player of all time??? :confused: there are maybe two videos where she is arguing with umpire and it´s not even long or some serious arguing

"This is my home"

LpJPY_v_lcI

3NBXfER8HXw

gNPYU4TZBb4

Lachy
Nov 13th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Azarenka in signature.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li2g3zJuZJ1qhahifo1_400.gif

Matt01
Nov 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Azarenka in signature.

:weirdo:

Saraya!
Nov 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM
"This is my home"

3NBXfER8HXw

Love it!! So great!!!!

mauresmofan
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM
it's difficult to pick tbh. one can lose her plot sometimes, it depends on the situation, even if she's not used to it. this doesn't make her a classless player :shrug:

Na for example, we all know how she talks towards her angle, but this doesn't mean anything. I read people saying she's rude with ball boys, but why? because she usually asks for the towel? if someone's class is measured by the fact she keeps her mouth shut, well I think it's a way to simplify things too much. obviously I'm taking Na's example because I know her better than the others.

Now come on Li Na is quite rude and obnoxious to the ball boys and girls with her, for use of a better description, "aggressive gesturing" for the towel - that is classless regardless of who you are. It is not their job to be the players personal slaves and I wish some tournament organiser would put a stop to the nonsense by saying get your own towel if you want it. If players like Graf and Sampras were able to quickly run to their chair (and only in the middle of a very long game might I add) and get their own towel themselves then I don't see why these current prima donnas can't do the same. I saw Murray during the week just blatently ignore a ballboy running along side him with his towel outstretched for a good ten seconds before he took it and not even a simple thanks muttered.

Melange
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM

timeout? is her last name Jankovic?? :haha::haha::haha:

rickxx
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Wickmayer. End of discussion.

Roookie
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Venus? LOL. Did anyone see her celebration at Wimbly 05 jumping in Lindsay's nose?. People consider that classy?.

Plus she always gives that extremely fake smile at hand-shakes and its always giving excuses after her losses. Not to mention becoming more delusional year after year and her tacky as hell outfits.

When you compare her to Serena she is Mother Teresa but definitely not one of the classiest on tour.

Of the names mentioned I can only agree with Stosur.

Saraya!
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:22 PM
"This is my home"

LpJPY_v_lcI

3NBXfER8HXw

gNPYU4TZBb4

timeout? is her last name Jankovic?? :haha::haha::haha:

it´s so funny...can´t stop laughing...

Sabinator.
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Su-Wei Hsieh.

matty
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Shvedova and Vee are good choices

atominside
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:44 PM
contrary to popular belief, maria is quite classy on court.

shoryuken
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Venus not classy? Please.

http://i.minus.com/iqCZ2XOqwQGO1.gif

She's one of the most gracious players on court.

Simugna Help
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM
contrary to popular belief, maria is quite classy on court.

:spit:

super_vee
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Venus? LOL. Did anyone see her celebration at Wimbly 05 jumping in Lindsay's nose?. People consider that classy?.

Plus she always gives that extremely fake smile at hand-shakes and its always giving excuses after her losses. Not to mention becoming more delusional year after year and her tacky as hell outfits.

When you compare her to Serena she is Mother Teresa but definitely not one of the classiest on tour.

Of the names mentioned I can only agree with Stosur.

LOL. This is one of the most hate-filled posts I've ever seen.

1) Excuse Venus for being happy at her victory of Wimbledon 05. What with the four year wait, saving match point en route and proving the lame detractors wrong (one of which, no doubt, will have been you) - I guess she should have just gone straight to her seat and celebrated by putting a towel over her head.

2) Her smiles and handshakes are only 'fake' because you want them to be. I guess a player being polite at net, rather than slapping her opponents hand with little more than a glance in her direction, is just impossible.

3) She used to give excuses for her losses in the past. If you'd actually read her post-match interviews from the past 5 years or so, she goes out of her way to not make excuses.

4) 'Delusional' and 'tacky outfits'. What does that have to do with being classy on court? Any argument that you had for Venus not being classy is completely rubbished here. For whatever reason, you're really bitter.

:wavey:

MrProdigy555
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Serena is definitely not the "classiest" player on court. But I love her for how intense she is.

BUT, she is one of the fairest players on court. I don't care what anyone of you have to say.

My vote goes to...Dementieva. That's probably the reason why she never won a GS...

Dominic
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Everything? Shrieking, screaming between points, taking forever between points, nasty comments like "this is my home" :tape:

:confused: Serena is one billion times worse in every way possible and she's one of your faves

Stonerpova
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Serena is definitely not the "classiest" player on court. But I love her for how intense she is.

BUT, she is one of the fairest players on court. I don't care what anyone of you have to say.

Couldn't agree more. And I'd say the same about Maria. Other than that Peer incident when she was a teenager (I've never actually seen the hand thing, just that clip on youtube, so who the hell knows really) Maria's very fair. And she's intense, too, and that's why I love her (and Serena).

LightWarrior
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:58 PM
3NBXfER8HXw

This is too good, gotta love her ! :lol:

Big_Banana
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Now come on Li Na is quite rude and obnoxious to the ball boys and girls with her, for use of a better description, "aggressive gesturing" for the towel - that is classless regardless of who you are. It is not their job to be the players personal slaves and I wish some tournament organiser would put a stop to the nonsense by saying get your own towel if you want it. If players like Graf and Sampras were able to quickly run to their chair (and only in the middle of a very long game might I add) and get their own towel themselves then I don't see why these current prima donnas can't do the same. I saw Murray during the week just blatently ignore a ballboy running along side him with his towel outstretched for a good ten seconds before he took it and not even a simple thanks muttered.

I don't see any aggressive gesture by her when asking for the towel, tbh. many players ask for the towel, not only her. I'd say, everyone. if asking for the towel is seen as a lack of respect or something like this, well, let the players take it by themselves.

Melange
Nov 13th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I don't see any aggressive gesture by her when asking for the towel, tbh. many players ask for the towel, not only her. I'd say, everyone. if asking for the towel is seen as a lack of respect or something like this, well, let the players take it by themselves.

Rafa and Djoko might collapse from fatigue if they have to walk and get the towel after those rallies

deboraski
Nov 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM
The Top players compete in 18-25 tournaments, usually playing 50-65 matches, every year, it's more than obvious that eventually they will have a bad day when everything goes wrong and they will do things that after the fact they will no feel proud. Don't hold one or two incident against a player character.

JAS_
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:34 PM
If you want to look to any players to see how to comport yourself to the most professional you can be - look to Monica Seles and Venus Williams.

I look, yes, and when I look at your avie, classy is not the word that comes to mind. :hysteric:
Now, if you want to say the best sport or something along those lines...

Sharapowerr
Nov 13th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Hantuchova

Simugna Help
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM
:confused: Serena is one billion times worse in every way possible and she's one of your faves

She has had her share of outbreaks, but Sharapova is classless in every single match. Hardly comparable.

Dominic
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:33 PM
She has had her share of outbreaks, but Sharapova is classless in every single match. Hardly comparable.

Cause she grunts in every match?! So does Serena, pretty much.

Simugna Help
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:41 PM
That's not even comparable, Serena makes noises only when she gets tired / put a lot of effort into particular strokes, Sharapova screams like a banshee from the very first point, no matter what stroke it is.

Dominic
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Ok so I guess Vika is also classless and basically every other player that grunts :lol:

Sammo
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Ok so I guess Vika is also classless and basically every other player that grunts :lol:

Vika is a bitch and everyone knows that. And she's worse than Sharapova because Sharapova's bitchiness is kinda likeable as she's creative with it, like Hingis. Azarenka on the other hand is just plain boring and obnoxious.

hablo
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Momo :angel:

Freak3yman84
Nov 14th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Graff.

RobinT83
Nov 14th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Azarenka,Rodionova,Cornet,Zhalavova-Strykova,Putintseva,Lisicki,Wickmayer or Zvonareva.

spotsyboy
Nov 14th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Sugiyama? :)

Jajaloo
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:02 AM
This is too good, gotta love her ! :lol:

Love it!! So great!!!!

Worship the queen! It was too good :sobbing: but definitely not the "classiest".

Azarenka in signature.

I never claimed to have the top 3 classiest women on tour in my signature :confused:. Or that Sharapova didn't win P5 Beijing Wig Snatch Open with that comment. But really, she's hardly the classiest.

VultureHater
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Larcher de Brito or Zvonareva. Their grunting is just :drool:

moonballnurse
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Azarenka and Serena Williams are both tied for this in my opinion.

Otlichno
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Sugiyama? :)

Definitely. :sobbing: I miss her so much.

netphobia
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:22 AM
I really despise this "classiness" vs. "bitchiness" argument.

Sam and Petra.

graffite
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Stosur.

Lvl16Paladin
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Vika. She is the definition of class and beauty.

ash678
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Azarenka and Serena Williams are both tied for this in my opinion.
:rolls::rolls::rolls::rolls::rolls::rolls::rolls:

akosijepoy
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:44 AM
This topic is boring... can we make it who's the trashiest/bitchiest/low "class"-iest player?

netphobia
Nov 14th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Or post the best meltdowns/"disputing of line calls" etc.

I nominate the video of Liezel getting hit in the neck by Nadia

Beat
Nov 14th, 2012, 06:24 AM
(active players only) stosur, vinci, safarova, kanepi, hsieh, zheng, shvedova.

Li Na :shrug:

i love na, but sometimes she's quite rude to the ballkids.

pav
Nov 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
What is their reaction when an opponent is injured is a good test, some just ignore it, some help, and are concerned, some look annoyed that their concentration is being broken. This can be a better indication than the odd outburst in the heat of a match. Time wasting, gamesmanship,always being last to wander over for the coin toss could all add up to a lack up class. Just like all of us pricks here on TF,no one is perfect

améliemomo
Nov 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Amélie as classy as her game was.:cool:

coolfish1103
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I'd say Daniela Hantuchova and Yaroslava Shvedova, and Sam except for that one time against Kirilenko at the US Open :oh: Also Olga Puchkova but that's just because she doesn't care :lol:

Hantuchova :rolleyes:

Watch the match she had with Hsieh at PTT when Hsieh did a funny drop shot.

viktory
Nov 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM

My vote goes to...Dementieva. That's probably the reason why she never won a GS...
agree with all of these

Sammo
Nov 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Hantuchova :rolleyes:

Watch the match she had with Hsieh at PTT when Hsieh did a funny drop shot.

Yeah I was the one who commented "I didn't like that from Daniela" in that video :lol: But that's like the worse you'll ever get from her, a WTF stare

Shuji Shuriken
Nov 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I look, yes, and when I look at your avie, classy is not the word that comes to mind. :hysteric:
Now, if you want to say the best sport or something along those lines...
Bitch there's a hole somewhere with your name on it. USE it for fuck's sake http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff392/Torrez801/GIFS/2mwz47bjpg.gif

Harry.
Nov 14th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Venus for me, along with Safarova and Stosur.

SymphonyX
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Venus and Davenport for me. Class acts those two. Too bad Venus's lil' sis is on the opposite end of the spectrum. :yawn:

Craig.
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Amy Frazier :inlove:

Manitou
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Define "classy"...

Anyway, in my own perception, I like the way Serena treats her opponents in post-match interviews. Yes, she has her own attitude to umpires sometimes, but she never bullies her opponents. Knowing how dominant she is, she still finds words of courage and respect for her competitors.

And I need to also mention the gracious Elena Dementieva.

So for me: Serena and Elena.

Mustafina
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Ivanovic has lost a quite a fair bit but I have never seen her lose her temper at the net.

Manitou
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Ivanovic has lost a quite a fair bit but I have never seen her lose her temper at the net.

She flirts with the audience. It's actually funny when you watch her directly from the stands, and then after hitting some winner she comes to your sector, looks at you, even talks to you, and makes flirty expressions. Guys love that!
What is a bit annoying me, though, is her childish tone of voice. Her whole appearance is a bit childish, but I guess I can live with that. Doesn't bother me as much. Nobody is perfect... :)

--

Dominic
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Define "classy"...

Anyway, in my own perception, I like the way Serena treats her opponents in post-match interviews. Yes, she has her own attitude to umpires sometimes, but she never bullies her opponents. Knowing how dominant she is, she still finds words of courage and respect for her competitors.

:help: please refer to the video I posted earlier in this thread p.4
And Serena is known, even by her fans, to be the exact opposite of the last part of your post (she was playing 20%, lucky shots etc.......)

Manitou
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:40 PM
:help: please refer to the video I posted earlier in this thread...
And Serena is known, even by her fans, to be the exact opposite of the last part of your post (she was playing 20%, lucky shots etc.......)

Nobody is perfect and digging deep you can find a catch on everybody. Karolina was once even kicked out of a tournament, or that's what I heard. And now she is a darling.
From my own direct observation I see Serena consistently changing for the better. I didn't used to be in her crowd, but now I am a convert.

--

LCS
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Dementieva :shrug:

Sweety Darling
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Define "classy"...

And I need to also mention the gracious Elena Dementieva.

So for me: Serena and Elena.

Didn't she call Sharapova a bitch at the Oz Open once.... and then there is making fun of Safina's achievments. Serena is a classless scum bag. DEAL WITH IT.

Manitou
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Didn't she call Sharapova a bitch at the Oz Open once.... and then there is making fun of Safina's achievments. Serena is a classless scum bag. DEAL WITH IT.

Yes, her treatment of Safina was not classy. It was during the times when I really disliked Serena.
I am talking about how her PR has been evolving recently.

--

NoChokes
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Surely the mega-decibel grunters should be disqualified from this thread.

They're generally doing it as gamesmanship, which is within the rules, but decidedly unclassy.

Someone like Aga maybe?

danieln1
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Amy Frazier :inlove:

Isn´t she the one who used to say thanks for every ball the ballboy gave to her? What a classy woman :)

August
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Actually, I think majority of tennis players are classy, or even try to be. Still, some players stop trying to be classy once they get success. I'd say the highest ranked really classy player is Aga.

Jimmie48
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Rodionova :oh:

Dominic
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Serena is a classless scum bag. DEAL WITH IT.

True story

martinn88
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Stosur, Safarova and Kvitova.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 14th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I think Petra and Vee are both classy ladies on the tour

I would say Masha, but her shade in 2012 has been too exceptional :oh:

Craig.
Nov 14th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Isn´t she the one who used to say thanks for every ball the ballboy gave to her? What a classy woman :)

Yes, that's her! :bowdown:

Cajka
Nov 14th, 2012, 08:43 PM

Does that remind you of someone? :p

Mahon_Lorcan
Nov 14th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Shvedova, Dulko, Venus, Mona

MrProdigy555
Nov 14th, 2012, 09:03 PM
So being silent on court is now equivalent to being classy? Hmmm...

missvarsha
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
obviously this is a thread created to worship the dear departed Saint Kimberle.

Again, out of the current crop I would have to say Venus, but of course with age comes some maturity and perspective, although I have always admired her personality.

danieln1
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Does that remind you of someone? :p

No... Safina? :haha: :haha:

TPlaya8
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Venus is very classy on the court. She gives her oppnents credit and she shakes their hand and smiles everytime she loses. She never complains about calls, heck she don't even waste time challenging them most of the time.

I am actually surprised about Dementieva her screams and tantrums to her Mom while on court is not classy in my opinion and How many times have she said something about a family decision with the Williams the last being in 2008!

Cajka
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:56 PM
No... Safina? :haha: :haha:

:ras: No, it's my lovely Empress JJ. She simply loves those kids. :hearts:

By the way, it's Ana. She also smiles every time she says "thank you". :bigcry: You're a lousy fan. :ras:

danieln1
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:59 PM
:ras: No, it's my lovely Empress JJ. She simply loves those kids. :hearts:

By the way, it's Ana. She also smiles every time she says "thank you". :bigcry: You're a lousy fan. :ras:

I know she´s one of the classiest there is on court, but I don´t remember her saying thanks to the ball boys, I know she´s super polite though :shrug:

Cajka
Nov 14th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I know she´s one of the classiest there is on court, but I don´t remember her saying thanks to the ball boys, I know she´s super polite though :shrug:

Yes, you can see she really likes kids in general. ;)

NoChokes
Nov 14th, 2012, 11:19 PM
So being silent on court is now equivalent to being classy? Hmmm...

Making ridiculous noises in order to put your opponent off is certainly not classy.

Therefore Venus, Serena, Maria, Vika at al, are not allowed to be counted as 'classiest player on court'. Notice it's 'on court'. These ladies could be classy as hell off court and in interviews, but while they're making wild animal noises whilst hitting the ball - can't be classed as classy on court.

Sorry if that makes anyone cry.

MrProdigy555
Nov 14th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Making ridiculous noises in order to put your opponent off is certainly not classy.

Therefore Venus, Serena, Maria, Vika at al, are not allowed to be counted as 'classiest player on court'. Notice it's 'on court'. These ladies could be classy as hell off court and in interviews, but while they're making wild animal noises whilst hitting the ball - can't be classed as classy on court.

Interpretation. I wasn't talking about from a grunting perspective.

Basically having no on-court personality places you in a classy category by default?

NoChokes
Nov 14th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Interpretation. I wasn't talking about from a grunting perspective.

Basically having no on-court personality places you in a classy category by default?

Going arrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhhh when you hit the ball doesn't give you an 'on court personality'.

But it does disqualify you from being the most classy person on court.

It's an automatic DQ in this game, and I make the rules.

LindsayRulz
Nov 14th, 2012, 11:46 PM
When in the world was Davenport ever classy!? :lol:

Even now retired spitting her venom on TV gossipping about every player she wasn't on good terms with, yay super classy.

I think you're trying a little too hard there.

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4290891&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/4290891/davenport-hingis.html)

Manitou
Nov 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I think you're trying a little too hard there.

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4290891&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/4290891/davenport-hingis.html)

I agree. Lindsay is an extremely nice commentator, always knowledgeable and objective.
Which I cannot say about Mary Joe who is openly worshiping Serena, Sharapova and Azarenka, at the same time belittling all other players.

--

FoxyliciousKhat
Nov 15th, 2012, 02:25 AM

That's your interpretation and not facts... but obviously you need something to whine about so I guess you can hold on to that.

Honestly, people are beyond ridiculous to think that players deliberately make noise to throw off opponents. BUT WHATEVER!!!

Venus, Mauresmo, and ElenaD are my picks. Well and Kim too.

I don't think Serena and or Maria are as horrible as some would like to believe. Yeah Serena has said and done somethings that perhaps she should not have done, but I think that fact that she will never robbed a player on court is to be admired.

Maria also... although she has not really done any over the top antics on court, she's thrown some shades when prompted... But she's takes her beating with her head held high and that's admirable.

Class is not just about being politically correct 100% of the time. One can get caught up in the heat of the moment and lose it, that does not make them horribly bad, just very emotional.

Foxy

coolfish1103
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Yeah I was the one who commented "I didn't like that from Daniela" in that video :lol: But that's like the worse you'll ever get from her, a WTF stare

Well, maybe she just didn't like Hsieh. I just got a chance to review the highlights between her and Hsieh in Sofia and she smashed her racquet like 5 times in that match... :lol:

RVD
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM

Sorry if that makes anyone cry.:eek:....:facepalm:

ScrubLove
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Lena was the first person that came to mind, of course the comments about the Williams sisters weren't "on-court" so I'm not sure they count. The example that sprung to mind was the final of Charleston against Henin in 06?. She had a set point and one of Henin's shots was called out. It didn't look like the chair was going to come look at it but Lena gave the point to Henin on her own and ultimately lost the set and the match.

The 2nd Law
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I'm surprised Ana was mentioned only a couple of times, tbh. She doesn't ajde on opponents unforced errors anymore (she only really did in 09 tbh), she's generally nice at the net, she does thank the ballkids often and if not she always smiles. Her only fault in my mind is she get's pretty upset with line calls at times.

Venus, Petra, Sam and Aga stand out though

RVD
Nov 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Lena was the first person that came to mind, of course the comments about the Williams sisters weren't "on-court" so I'm not sure they count. The example that sprung to mind was the final of Charleston against Henin in 06?. She had a set point and one of Henin's shots was called out. It didn't look like the chair was going to come look at it but Lena gave the point to Henin on her own and ultimately lost the set and the match.It counts.
How could it not when her charge fed into the Indian Wells fiasco, ultimately leading to the Williames never playing that freak of a tournament ever again?
In all fairness to Dementieva, she later seemed contrite about making such baseless accusations. Or maybe it was my wishful imagination. But hard to tell when she's hiding behind those damned miffedmax bangs from hell. :lol:

mauresmofan
Nov 15th, 2012, 12:03 PM
For someone who played so much and won so much I'd say her on court behaviour was very good. Of course she was going to have the odd day where she was a bit wound up but for the vast majority of her play she was professional to her finger tips and well behaved on court. I remember one year at the French after winning a match she had a nice moment high fiving one of the guys who sweeps the courts and the commentator mentioned she was always very friendly with the people who look after the courts.

Had to dig this up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Ndb8-hlww and go to 02:08:15

Start da Game
Nov 15th, 2012, 12:16 PM
answer in my sig.....

harloo
Nov 15th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Serena ;):lol:

A close second would be Lindsay Davenport.

Harry.
Nov 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I agree. Lindsay is an extremely nice commentator, always knowledgeable and objective.
Which I cannot say about Mary Joe who is openly worshiping Serena, Sharapova and Azarenka, at the same time belittling all other players.

--

This. Lindsay is an awesome commentator, one of the best out there at the moment tbh.

Roookie
Nov 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Lindsay is a biased and bitter commentator. And I remember her acting like a complete bitch in that Beijin 2007 match where JJ beat her ass.

pav
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Funny how most are going for just the top players when there is probably a lot of girls floating in the lower two thirds of the hundred who are as classy as hell, but I suppose it is like a masterful acting performance in a film that flops,nobody cares.

GoofyDuck
Nov 15th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Lindsay is a biased and bitter commentator. And I remember her acting like a complete bitch in that Beijin 2007 match where JJ beat her ass.

When JJ hit her with a ball :worship: :haha:

Roookie
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM
When JJ hit her with a ball :worship: :haha:

It was an accident :unsure:

GoofyDuck
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:49 PM
It was an accident :unsure:

Yes, but still funny as hell :lol:

Roookie
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Yes, but still funny as hell :lol:

Indeed :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 15th, 2012, 08:31 PM
serena....

NashaP
Nov 15th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Sam Stosur, shes so nice and lovely

JN
Nov 15th, 2012, 10:12 PM
serena....

This thread is not worthy of her extreme classiness.

hingis-seles
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Monica Seles.

Tag
Nov 16th, 2012, 10:11 PM
martina hingis

justine henin

maria sharapova

these are all classy players on court

allhingis
Nov 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Davenport by far.
Seles was so classy too.
Martina obviously
Evert.

Ana'sProcess
Nov 18th, 2012, 11:07 PM
It's Ana Ivanovic, all the others are far beyond her in this category. :)

danieln1
Nov 18th, 2012, 11:20 PM
It's Ana Ivanovic, all the others are far beyond her in this category. :)

:bowdown: