PDA

View Full Version : The future of Turkish tennis?

Jakeev
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Just read that 18-year old Turkish player Basak Eraydin won her 7th 10k tournament over the weekend in Greece.

I read about her for the first time at the U.S. Open because she lost to Tornado Black in a Junior qualifying match. But wow 7 pro titles already this year?

Ok I know the majority of the titles have been in her homeland and if you look at all her opponents you might be able to pick out one or two players you have heard of before.

Still, she seems to be making a name for herself; but is she destined to be Turkey's first big WTA star?

Wojtek
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:54 AM
big WTA star ????? :haha: She is 18 and she is playing only 10k :tape:

BH both wings
Nov 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Still, she seems to be making a name for herself; but is she destined to be Turkey's first big WTA star?

Well, first of all, she could become Turkey's biggest WTA star. That wouldn't be too hard, all she has to do is to be better than Büyükakçay, who as far as I remember won one WTA-MD match in her whole career: Pune 1st round last week against a 800th-ish Indian player.

Kəv.
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:18 AM
What about Ipek Soylu?

RR-87
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:48 AM
she has not played any decent tourney this season, 10Ks only. :shrug:
Her season had been impressive though :)

Wert.
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
What about Ipek Soylu?

Senoglu you mean? :lol:

chingching
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I know someone who's played her who said she was average. But thatw as 2 years ago on hard :eek:
What she has achieved is great but I don't give her any credit for about 5 of her tourney wins as not only afre they only 10K level, but weak 10Ks on Clay :shrug:

M.P
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM
i thought you are talking Trkist Airline, how Caroline faith goes

jj74
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Senoglu you mean? :lol:

No, Ipek Soylu, is a turkish girl born in 1996. She has good results in juniors, she is number 50.

Helen Lawson
Nov 12th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I'm sure it's fine, they just need to re-do the Woz ads or hope she does better next year.

Dawson.
Nov 12th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Kiki Bertens was a regular at $10k events at the same age and look where she is now :shrug: Anything can happen.

Alwaysfan
Nov 12th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Cagla is better but this girl can be good. Give time to time

Geekking
Nov 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I will write detailed what will be the future of Turkish tennis but for now watch out for Melis Sezer

GOATdin0931
Nov 12th, 2012, 05:40 PM
:lol: Good for her

Jakeev
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I will write detailed what will be the future of Turkish tennis but for now watch out for Melis Sezer
I didn't realize so many Satellite events where held in your country. Seems like it's an important sport there so I hope we see a lot of good talent develop.

Geekking
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I didn't realize so many Satellite events where held in your country. Seems like it's an important sport there so I hope we see a lot of good talent develop.

We all hope the same. Thanks for your nice wishes.:)

Jose.
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:16 PM
What about Ipek Soylu?

Eventhough I would love I don't think she is that talented though :sad:

I think Eraydin & Sezer are the ones to watch, and unfortunately I also don't see Buyukakcay reaching top100 in her carrer :sad:

T_P
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I hope so! I support every young girl with a one-handed backhand.

Jakeev
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Eventhough I would love I don't think she is that talented though :sad:

I think Eraydin & Sezer are the ones to watch, and unfortunately I also don't see Buyukakcay reaching top100 in her carrer :sad:

But to win 7 titles in a year even at the Satellite level has to mean she is doing the work to try to succeed. She is going for an 8th title this week where she is the top seed in the event.

Jose.
Nov 13th, 2012, 10:18 AM
But to win 7 titles in a year even at the Satellite level has to mean she is doing the work to try to succeed. She is going for an 8th title this week where she is the top seed in the event.

It only means she is good enough to win those tournaments doesn't mean she will be the next big thing. The important thing is the wins she gets, I mean the players she beats, and in that department she hasn't really had any great wins to get the 7 titles :sad: Only on the juniors you can see she beat good players including Bencic.

She is doing good on 10k but now the test is to see what she can do on 25k in 2013 ;)