PDA

View Full Version : Equeurdreville (?!) 25k F: Alison Van Uytvanck def. Julie Coin 61 36 63

fouc
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:03 PM
pink princess snatches some wigs and there's no thread?
hopefully this win means something.
any chance for her to play AO qualis?

Uranus
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:14 PM
She's around #203 after this win so she's in. Let's see if she flies to Australia now.

Shvedbarilescu
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Yes, a thread for Alison's 1st 25k title is very deserved. It's looking like she is shaping up for a very good 2013. I'm very really looking forward to seeing what she does next year.

As for the AO qualies that is the 64 million dollar question. Alison has up til now, stuck to Europe to keep traveling costs down, but also I think because she was still studying. But now that she has finished her schooling I expect next year she is going to show much more focus on moving up the rankings and further improving her skills.

Will be very interesting to see if she is chooses to play the AO. It is possible she might just not be able to afford the traveling costs at this time though. But I'm sure if she doesn't play the AO next year that will be the last Grand Slam Alison misses for many years, providing she stays healthy (touch wood).

Trickle
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Watch this space.

Beat
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:09 AM
what a nice win for AVU :yeah:

crazillo
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Can someone summarize how Alison has progressed? I remember she was winning ITF titles left and right, then she got into somewhat of a hole and I forgot about her. She seems to be back playing well now and in 2013 might do the next step (=getting first experience on the main tour). Is that about right?

borrowedheaven
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Great serve for her age and superb touch. A bit of a wonky technique on the groundstrokes but her forehand can really crack some winners. Not that fast, but seems to have good anticipation. Good mentality as well.

Juju Nostalgique
Nov 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Uy uy uy!!! :oh:

RR-87
Nov 12th, 2012, 02:38 PM
where is Pink Princess? :oh:

Alison :bounce:

Uranus
Nov 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Great serve for her age and superb touch. A bit of a wonky technique on the groundstrokes but her forehand can really crack some winners. Not that fast, but seems to have good anticipation. Good mentality as well.
Yeah, her technique is weird.

She hasn't progressed a lot in 2012. The year wasn't too good if you take out her Brussels Premier QF, with wins over Pervak and Scheepers. Got better later in the year though, making the latter stages of 25K tournaments and winning the latest one.
Her game seems to be maturing now, so we can hope for a very good 2013 :).

fouc
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Can someone summarize how Alison has progressed? I remember she was winning ITF titles left and right, then she got into somewhat of a hole and I forgot about her. She seems to be back playing well now and in 2013 might do the next step (=getting first experience on the main tour). Is that about right?

that's her very first 25k title :wavey:

FORZA SARITA
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:55 AM
that's her very first 25k title :wavey:

10Ks are ITF too :p