PDA

View Full Version : TT Doubles, Juniors, Challengers Events

Jose.
Nov 11th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Just opened this thread to know how many people are actually interested in 2013 to have special editions or a full year of Tennis Tipping. For doubles competition (WTA), Juniors events (1 or more tournament per week but always G2 or bigger) and potentially a parallel series of events for the 10k events.

:wavey:

Wert.
Nov 11th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Great idea!!!:)

Håkon
Nov 11th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Might be interested.

FORZA SARITA
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:48 PM
:)

Barktra
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I am interested :cheer:

Chilenaitor
Nov 11th, 2012, 11:58 PM
great :)

*Jean*
Nov 12th, 2012, 04:38 AM
yes :)

I don't know if you're referring to what is being done on MTF called "Doubles Tennis Tipping", it's like TT but for the doubles matches, and that's brilliant. That, plus lesser events would be exciting to predict.

Valanga
Nov 12th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Only Doubles :)

Jose.
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Nice, everyone who sees this thread post something :yeah: I will send a link for TT players to see this and hopefully we will have more people interested. Depending on how things go I will start planning things for 2013. :yeah:

JustPetko
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
WTA DTT :drool::inlove:

moodin0931
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:33 PM
:cool:

*Jean*
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
WTA DTT :drool::inlove:

This. :inlove:

I could help you, Jose. For rankings, for instance. Not for managing, though.

goOudinUSA
Nov 12th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cool!! Very interesting!

Frederik
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:01 PM
doubles sounds good.

Vincey!
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Double might be fun...Juniors would be alot of work I think, too unpredictable lol

Jose.
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I was talking about a total new tour with only lower challengers ;)

Djezonfly
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I'd love a Junior TT Tour

MH0861
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:33 AM
I'd definitely play doubles tennis tipping :yeah:

Drake1980
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:45 AM
DTT would be very welcomed

In The Zone
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Doubles would be fun!

*Jean*
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:17 AM

I think WTA Doubles would motivate more people, and the threads would be directly accessible in the tournaments' threads.

James
Nov 13th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I like the idea. It might be harder though to get a good order of play for juniors and satellites.

valac222
Nov 13th, 2012, 11:14 AM

If you need (management) help ... :D

*Jean*
Nov 13th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I like the idea. It might be harder though to get a good order of play for juniors and satellites.

From my experience on MTF, Doubles Tennis Tipping is tough as well as far as deadlines are concerned because doubles matches are often starting late and sometimes postponed. At least for satellites, Tennis Europe has clear OOP regularly updated. As for juniors, yeah, that would be difficult. But we could run only Juniors Grand Slams.

Jose.
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM
If you need (management) help ... :D

Obviously I will NEED your help ;)

But as for this moment we first should collect more people to the game so please advertise this to other people you might know, this is for all, I see a DTT is almost a sure thing but we need to collect more people for juniors and challenger events :yeah:

From my experience on MTF, Doubles Tennis Tipping is tough as well as far as deadlines are concerned because doubles matches are often starting late and sometimes postponed. At least for satellites, Tennis Europe has clear OOP regularly updated. As for juniors, yeah, that would be difficult. But we could run only Juniors Grand Slams.

No problem with the doubles tennis tipping in what comes to OOP, obviously we will later (this year) decide on the rules of everything and make them very explicit for everyone, managers and player. ;)
Satellites is also not a big problem, USTA events have OOP and the other European challenger also have OOP.
Juniors is not THAT difficult, it still is difficuly but many Grade A and Grade 1 events have OOP on official websites and obviously we would only have tournaments which are big enough for that purpose :yeah:

Tuckii
Nov 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM
DTT Sounds good :)

valac222
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:02 PM
But as for this moment we first should collect more people to the game so please advertise this to other people you might know, this is for all, I see a DTT is almost a sure thing but we need to collect more people for juniors and challenger events :yeah:

I know from Penta that pre-marketing wont help too much, You start the story and it either attracts people in a few weeks or you simply stop it.

Jose.
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the advise :yeah: I guess we will only see next year if it can be successful. Meanwhile you can all give suggestions for everything about the game :wavey:

chingching
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Juniors would be great :D I love them so much :hug:

Jose.
Nov 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Me too :hearts: That would be really fun to predict those matches :hearts:

Håkon
Nov 14th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Maybe for juniors we could tip round-by-round, instead of day-by-day? The draws are usually known so that means we wouldn't have to guess at the OOP.

Probably cuts the main draws down to 16, but I doubt we'll have that many more players anyway.

valac222
Nov 14th, 2012, 12:03 PM
^^ :lol:

Just have sent a PM to Jose telling more or less the same.

Jose.
Nov 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Maybe for juniors we could tip round-by-round, instead of day-by-day? The draws are usually known so that means we wouldn't have to guess at the OOP.

Probably cuts the main draws down to 16, but I doubt we'll have that many more players anyway.

Yep about the juniors I agree with this, but we will make seperate rules for the different tournament (who have different draws). I was even thinking we could do some kind of Round Robin stage for the first 3 days of juniors grand slams (Round64+Round32), then Quarters (Round16), Semis (Quarterfinals), Finals (Semis and Final). It would make the game even more funny in my opinion, that is if we only have 16 players maximum. In case we do get more, then KO should be done. For all the 32 players draw (real tournament draws) I guess we should do basic KO working similar to the actual TT. All the other rules are the same exactly to actual TT. Only things we need to change are deadline, schedule and how to make order of play and draw ;)

^^ :lol:

Just have sent a PM to Jose telling more or less the same.

I answer your PM here, so everyone sees it :p I thought also of making a combined DTT, the way it works currently on the MTF (I think), you play by weeks and not by tournaments. Imagine Week 1 the order of play is based on Brisbane+Auckland+Shenzhen matches, and only one tournament is played that week consisting of matches from all events played. This in my opinion is the best thing to do. In case we have many many interested players (let's say more than 32) than we will make more events by week. ;) The same thing can also apply for the challenger events, combining more than one tournament and making a bigger OOP.

-----------

I have talked with members from the board and we will get a forum (if the game is successful, of course) and everything will work seperatly from Tennis Tipping ;)

*Jean*
Nov 14th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I thought also of making a combined DTT, the way it works currently on the MTF (I think), you play by weeks and not by tournaments. Imagine Week 1 the order of play is based on Brisbane+Auckland+Shenzhen matches, and only one tournament is played that week consisting of matches from all events played.

> YES.
But yet again, when we'll be in Memphis and in Europe for instance, that could be a pain in the neck for the manager to make an OOP.

Phil=)
Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
I'd love challengers and doubles :)

Ivanovic_fan
Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
DTT in WTA :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Jose.
Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Check out our first Challengers TT experience next week, thread is here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471481

And our first Juniors TT experience next week too, here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471482

Banditoo
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:11 AM
It would be great!

Jose.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
First week tests were very successfull, we will have more tests on this late part of the season. Orange Bowl Juniors is opened here:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471702
And also we will have challengers Tennis Tipping for the Week of 3 December will be open soon.

goOudinUSA
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Will there be a doubles test event any time soon?

Adrian.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
I'd like to play doubles TT as well ;)

Jose.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Will there be a doubles test event any time soon?

No doubles test event as there is no high quality ITF tournaments, but we will start from 2013 with Week 1 tournaments. I should receive some information from moderators soon and then I will probably announce something here ;)

Cheda 16.17
Dec 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
:yeah:

goOudinUSA
Jan 20th, 2013, 04:19 AM
What happened to Juniors and Challengers TT?

goOudinUSA
Jan 25th, 2013, 02:29 AM
???

lucian_iasi
Feb 11th, 2013, 09:45 AM
No more DTT tournaments?