Saw this thread in the mens forum, thought it was a good idea
1. Kimiko date krumm to get back into the top 100 and win a couple matches at the slams
2. jana cepelova, anna-lena friedsam, noppawan lertcheewakarn and eugenie bouchard to crack the top 100
3. vera zvonareva to return and stay healthy
4. sabine lisicki to get back in form and crack the top 10 and win a slam
5. marion bartoli to win wimbledon
6. caroline wozniacki to regain her form and win a slam
Nov 9th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Wish? Shvedova to win every slam :lol:
But more realistically.
1. Slava to stop choking
2. Slava to break top 20, and end the year in the top 20
3. A Quarter Final at least at Wimbledon for Slava
4. A quarter Final at least in another slam for Slava
5. Slava to win a WTA tournament of some kind
Nov 9th, 2012, 09:32 PM
1. Kerber, Görges, Petkovic ,Lisicki and Barthel all in the top 20
2.one of them wins a GS
Nov 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
1. Slams for Aga
2. Top 10 for Ula
3. Top 5 for Karolina
4. Aga beating Vika consistenlty
5. AO final between Aga and Serena with Aga 100% healthy
6. Wimbledon final between Aga and Karolina
and not Polish related:
7. Laura Robson winning something big
8. Christina McHale winning something too.
9. Maria and Vika stop screeching
ATP wishes (if I can sqeeze them here):
1. Roger winning at least two slams. And Andy the rest.
2. Janowicz in top 10
Nov 9th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Lots of fresh faces to become legit: Genie, Laura, Heather, Sorana, Tamira, , whoever. Bring new blood to the tour.
Alize Cornet winning a sla....winning a single title. Could be post-RG clay MM
Camila Giorgi to progress in ranking
Bojana Jovanovski to progress in ranking
Urszula Radwanska to regress in ranking
saint2 to drink even more beer.
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Ana Ivanovic to return to the top 10 as quickly as possible, and to become top 5 during season. I would like to see her wining another Grand Slam. And absolutely, I wish her to be healthy and happy on the court. :)
Also, it would be nice to see new girls cracking top 20, new fresh faces and some interesting comebacks. :)
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:30 PM
NEW GIRLS IN THE TOP 20/10.
Laura making a slam QF. And having good runs at all slams.
Laura winning a WTA title (international level/P50)
Breaking into Top30/20
Heather having good runs at slams
Heather breaking Top 30/20
Heather winning another title
Eugenie Bouchard finally making a move and breaking Top 100.
Sloane making a slam SF.
Sloane breaking into Top 15.
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Serena defending all her GS titles and winning French Open.
Venus making an amazing comeback and winning AUSO.
Nov 10th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Venus wins one more slam ...(big wish) Serena continues to kick ass...and win more slams....
Lord Choc Ice
Nov 10th, 2012, 12:12 AM
1. Ana Ivanovic to reach the top 5
2. Maria Sharapova to win a couple of slams.
3. Ana Ivanovic to win a Premier Mandatory like Miami.
4. Venus Williams to win AO.
5. Maria to reclaim #1 ranking.
Nov 10th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Vaidisova comes out of retirement.
Nov 10th, 2012, 12:44 AM
1. Serena to take the #1 from shriekers
2. Venus to get another Wimbledon title
3. Kerber to stay in Top 10
4. Titleless Chokesur to stay out of Top 10
5. Pushniacki to stay out of Top 10
6. Errani for another Roland Garros Final
7. Li Na to win Australian Open
8. Peng Shuai to YEC
9. Slava to break Top 20 and stay there
10. Hsieh to break Top 20 and stay in Top 50
11. VIP to play Sofia by getting a WC
12. Buyukakcay to enter Top 100 for first time
13. Kimiko to win another title
Nov 10th, 2012, 12:56 AM
1. Serena to win all 4 Singles Slam
2. Serena to win AO and RG Mixed Doubles
3. Serena to win YEC Doubles
4. Eugenie Bouchard and Aleksandra Wozniak to win a WTA title
Nov 10th, 2012, 01:00 AM
1 . Vee to win a slam
3. Serena will be no 1 at the end of the year
4. Aga to win a slam (as long as not face the Williams in final)
5. Kimiko to win another WTA title
6. Vera comeback stronger
7. Hantuchova to win IW
Nov 10th, 2012, 01:15 AM
My wish would be for Ana to play top 10 level of tennis. When I say that, I don't mean only two or three times a year. Like, I want to see it from her more consistently. She'll need to put on some weight and get stronger during the off-season to do this, however.
Nov 10th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Uhhhh Maria wins all 4 slams, Miami, and the YEC.
Nov 10th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Li na wins another GS (preferably Us Open).
Samugtha Robotsur drops out of the top 20 and chokes in a final of a mug tournament (her only final of the year)
Angelique Kerber stays in top 5 and wins a GS (beating Errani on the way).
Shitra Craptova drops out of the top 20 and loses in second round at every GS (it's very possible for this mindless ballbasher).
Venus staying more or less healthy (very difficult for her) and winning Wimbledon for the last time (why not?).
Peng Shuai finally wins a title, defeating a good player in final and comes back in top 30 and even higher.
Julio Hypeges drops out of the top 50 and loses at first or second round in every tournament to keep her sucking intact.
Zarbine Lisucki drops out of the top 50 and loses at first round to Cadantu at AO and Cohen at Wimbledon.
Roberta Vinci keeps improving her GS results and gives more bagels at Serbian players.
Caravane Rezai hits less unforced errors, buy a brain and wins more matches (very difficult and unlikely that one).
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Hsieh Su-Wei proves she has the talent to be where she is.
Maria Sanchez has a breakthrough.
No new grand slam winbers.
Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)
Nov 10th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Serena to win her 2nd French
Venus to finally win the Australion Open and Wimbledon of course :drool:
Dinara Safina to come back
Kuznetsova to come back and play well
Ivanovic to reach the quarters or semis of 3 of 4 slams
Nov 10th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Serena winning the French and at least one other slam.
Marino getting back into top 100
Bouchard making top 100
Nov 10th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Continued domination by the Invincible Legion of Blondes.
Nov 10th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Vee win AO
Serena win RG and US Open
Li Na win Wimbledon
Sveta at another slam final and qualify For Istanbul
Marion at RG final
Anna back to top 50
Azarenka still have strong result, as long as kvitova
Nov 10th, 2012, 07:34 AM
i have just one... Romana Caroline Tabak´s big come-back ... :hearts:
Nov 10th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Stosur wins RG.
Stosur wins two titles in a year.
Nov 10th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Li Na and Vee win another GS
Su Wei Hsieh in top 15
Pavlyu in top 15
Bartoli out of top 20
Idem for Stosur
(And for Kvitova no?)
And a lot of surprises!
Nov 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM
1) Jelena Jankovic goes on a tear and shockingly wins the Australian Open. They test her and she's positive for nandrolone ala Thunderous. Turns out, she's pregnant for real!
2) Svetlana pulls a Mary Pierce and wins the French Open.
3) Venus wins Wimbledon after getting sick of Serena claiming all the glory. While she's accepted the fact that Ree will be a greater GOAT than her, she cant accept that she's not won in any category. So she comes out full throttle and wins Wimby, taking her one up.
4) Serena wins the USO after being completely decent all tournament long despite all sorts of dubious calls against her. After winning, she proceeds to tell haters to go fuck themselves.
5) Agatha makes the AO final beating Azarenka and Sharapova along the way.
6) Serena makes the final of the FO while Sharapova falls in the first round to Svetlana.
7) Serena makes the final of Wimby after double bagelling Sharapova in the quarters.
8) Agatha makes the final of the USO proving herself to be one of the better hardcourters of the year.
1)Tamira, Slava, Yanina to be solidly in the top 20.
2) Li Na to be more consistent.
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Flavia to be fully back and finally making that damn slam SF :sobbing:
Alex to come back full-force and win another tournament and finally have a good RG
Chacky to be healthy :sobbing:
Caroline to win a slam :sobbing:
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Maria to win ANY slam and Miami.
Dinara to comeback :sad:
Ana to make semis of a slam and reach + stay in Top 10.
Sania to win a slam in Women's doubles.
Nov 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I only have a single small wish:
Greta Arn playing another full season, hopefully injury free and going deep in one or the other tournament.
Nov 10th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Venus to win a Slam!
Nov 11th, 2012, 12:16 AM
-Sharapova wins Miami and Li wins Beijing.
-Wozniacki, Sharapova and Li each win one slam.
-I'd give Aga Radwanska one as well if it weren't for the fact that in case Wozniacki, Sharapova or Li don't win it I'd like to see Serena win the FO because the crowd there gives her no respect.
-Good health for Venus and back into the top 10.
-For Sorana Cirstea winning a big tournament - say a premier mandatory or a premier5. Also some appearances in the second week of slams and a career high ranking.
-Another title for Kirsten Flipkens.
-Sharapova beats Serena at least once. Doesn't matter where or when.
-Wozniacki back into the top five.
The odds are against some (or even most) of these happening, but not to such a degree that they are completely impossible (I hope not anyway).
Nov 11th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Aga wins GS.
Ula wins WTA tournament.
Nov 11th, 2012, 08:12 AM
1. Sabine Lisicki to return to form and surge for the top 10
2. Sabine Lisicki to win atleast one tournament- Wimbledon would do
3. Sabine Lisicki to enter Sydney
4. Mike81 to meet Sabine Lisicki and tell her what a beautiful, special person she is and to believe in herself more.