PDA

View Full Version : Which players benefited from the Seles stabing

forehand27
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Alot of people focus on how only Graf benefited from the Seles stabbing. However isnt it technically possible that any of Graf, Sanchez Vicario, Pierce, Martinez, Novotna, Hingis, Davenport, Venus, Majoli, and Henin all did. Which of those players do you think benefited from the stabbing. It is multiple choice so vote for all the ones who you think did. I did not include Serena as some things are just too obvious.

edificio
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Even if off-season, we don't need these kinds of threads. Of course, Monica's absence meant she did not play for a long time and others did. So what?

forehand27
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:37 PM
My votes were:

Graf- Yes, but not a huge amount IMO
Sanchez Vicario- Yes, a huge amount
Martinez- yes her whole mid 90s peak is centered around it.
Novotna- No, she was a tough matchup for Seles and only really had success on grass and to a lesser degree carpet anyway, where Seles wouldnt have impacted her (atleast grass).
Pierce- No
Davenport- No
Venus- definite No
Hingis- Yes
Majoli- Yes
Henin- No, only since Seles would never have been winning slams by 2003, but Seles is a nightmare matchup for her prime to prime.

Excelscior
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Whoa Lord. :lol: :oh: :lol:

babsi
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I'm perplexed with this one, I really am and even more when I read post No.3.

forehand27
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I'm perplexed with this one, I really am and even more when I read post No.3.

What was perplexing about my post. Did you disagree with any of my choices.

NashaMasha
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
the main beneficiary - Hingis

duhcity
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Dead, dying, done

forehand27
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Wow a vote for Venus, lol! I wasnt even going to include her on the poll but decided to just to have a full number of poll options and see how many delusional people are out there.

NashaMasha you think Hingis was a bigger beneficiary than even Sanchez?