PDA

View Full Version : Chatham, NJ - Dec. 15th: Harkleroad, Raymond, Blake, and more

geoepee
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:37 AM
Justin Gimelstob and Saint Barnabas to Hold Fourth Annual Tennis Challenge

Monies Raised to benefit the Saint Barnabas Pediatric Department

Livingston, N.J. -- Justin Gimelstob has paired with Saint Barnabas Medical Center to present the 2002 Tennis Challenge, on Sunday, December 15, at Center Court in Chatham. The event will benefit the Saint Barnabas Pediatric Department’s Child Life Program.

The day will include a variety of events, highlighted by the Exhibition Matches between some of the tennis world’s most prominent pros and celebrities – including Patrick McEnroe, James Blake, Gimelstob, Ashley Harkleroad, Lisa Raymond, Paul Goldstein and Luke and Murphy Jensen. The matches begin at 1 p.m. and will be umpired by Olympic Gold Medalist and sports commentator Summer Sanders.

Prior to the Exhibition Matches, a beginner clinic starting at 9 a.m. and an advanced clinic beginning at 10:30 a.m. will be held, but are limited to the first 80 registrants. Both clinics are 90 minutes long and consist of 60 minutes of playing time and a 30-minute question and answer session with the pros. The afternoon will also feature a Pro-Am, your chance to play with the pros in a doubles format from 12 to 1 p.m.

Gimelstob, who was born at the Medical Center, explains, “Saint Barnabas really does hold a special place in my heart. I think it’s very important to give something back to the community because I know that by working together, we can make a difference.”

“This year’s event will benefit Saint Barnabas’ pediatric services and its Child Life Program, which helps to create a sense of normalcy for children while in the hospital,” Gimelstob said. “After all, kids don’t stop being kids, even when they’re sick.”

John F. Bonamo, M.D., Executive Director of Saint Barnabas Medical Center, noted “Saint Barnabas offers comprehensive, state-of-the-art pediatric care and we are very grateful to Justin for his efforts, which directly impact our ability to ensure such high standards of pediatric services in our community.”

Virtually every major pediatric sub-specialty service is represented in the Saint Barnabas Pediatrics Department including allergy, cardiology, child development, emergency medicine, endocrinology, gastroenterology, genetics, hematology/oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, intensive care, neonatology, nephrology, neurology, pulmonology and rheumatology. Surgical specialty areas include craniofacial surgery, general surgery, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedic, otolaryngology, plastic surgery, transplant and urology.

Currently, its 44-bed inpatient facility provides treatment for children and adolescents in an age-appropriate, cheerful environment, and construction is underway that will double the size of the unit.

All events will be held at Center Court Tennis Club, located on 222 North Passaic Avenue in Chatham. General admission tickets to the exhibition match are priced at $30 each and a limited number of courtside box seats are available for $75. Sponsorship information and tickets are available by phone at (973) 322-4330. Exhibition Match tickets also can be purchased at Center Court or at the Saint Barnabas Medical Center Foundation, located at 95 Old Short Hills Road in West Orange. For more information on the clinics or the Pro-Am, please call (973) 635-1222.

The website is here http://www.sbhcs.com/hospitals/saint_barnabas/press/tennis.html

Berlin_Calling
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:13 PM
OMG, i need to go here. I used to like 30 minutes from Livingston but kinda far now but I have Christmas Break then I will def ask my folks :D

BB
Dec 6th, 2002, 01:32 PM
cool eh - Lisa is playing too ;)