PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Maria Shade 2012

domon17th
Nov 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM
No one does shade like Maria.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/domon/000984aa-a9a3-404c-886f-342f9c129df3_zpscada06a2.jpg

Honestly I love how upfront and honest about certain issues (or players :oh:) she is this year, and most of the time I agree with what she says. Although it's often witty with dry sarcasm, her jabs are mostly logical and not just to blindly pander to reporters. To recall Maria's GOATest shade (Credit to Jamie :worship:)

GOAT: 'Is her last name Jankovic?'

3NBXfER8HXw

So I've picked out a few gems this year, the ones I can recall even now. Unsurprisingly Vika makes far too many appearances. :oh:

1. Isn't she back in Poland?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/domon/Poland.gif

2. It's not like a hockey puck ... She (Kirilenko) forgot, I think, the sport.

C_3yLZTCBaE&feature=fvwrel

3. Extremely Injured

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/domon/ExtremelyInjured.gif

Kkfev76pFNc

4. Fine with me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/domon/FineWithMe.gif

5. RUN RUN!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/domon/SharapovaRunRun-1.gif

Thanks to all who created those wonderful gifs, and uploaded those clips. :hearts:

EDIT: Should I remove the videos and 2012 and just update it with new Maria gems?

Stonerpova
Nov 9th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Extremely Injured, no doubt.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 9th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Extremely Injured for sure, she said it to her face :oh:
and now it's become a trend on GM

you missed out her exhibition shade against Caro saying Rory won more points than she did in the match :lol:
7b2SiBkWgjU

Asanty
Nov 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Extremely Injured, no doubt.

Can someone provide video of that?

Qetusi
Nov 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Can someone provide video of that?

Kkfev76pFNc

KK2009
Nov 9th, 2012, 02:32 PM
This is so much FUN!

domon17th
Nov 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM

you missed out her exhibition shade against Caro saying Rory won more points than she did in the match :lol:
7b2SiBkWgjU

Thanks Chris (I got it right?) :hearts:

She's also exo-GOAT this year. I'm expecting some nice additions (And fuckery) with the upcoming Milan trainwreck :bounce:

SilverSlam
Nov 9th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I like the exho one on Caro, and also isn't she back in Poland already.

She could have made the extremely injured so much more shady.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks Chris (I got it right?) :hearts:

She's also exo-GOAT this year. I'm expecting some nice additions (And fuckery) with the upcoming Milan trainwreck :bounce:

Yes you got it right :cheer:
I can't wait to hear what she thinks about that champagne photo :oh:

Mexicola
Nov 9th, 2012, 03:23 PM
"Isn't she back in Poland already?" still cracks me up whenever I read/hear the quote. :lol:

domon17th
Nov 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM

Her stans already did (And various other TF posters)

Yes you got it right :cheer:
I can't wait to hear what she thinks about that champagne photo :oh:

The one in that Prague exo? Girl likes her champagne, make no mistakes. :oh:

PimpMePova
Nov 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I was torn between "isn't she back in poland" which is funnier and "extremely injured" but voted for the second because it's Azarenka and she was actually there when she said it:oh: but it's true she could have made it shadier, I just wish she had said something about the bump!

Tennisvampire
Nov 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I love JJ, but nothing will ever top "Is her last name Jankovic?" That was GOAT ShadePova :worship:
This year I would go with the Vulture one :devil: And even though extremely injured ranks pretty high up there, my second fave would actually be her shade on Nadia, she annoyed the crap out of me in their match, and then Maria said what she said all the while wearing Nike Russia T-shirt :lol:
Oh, and btw, why did she shout RUN RUN? :lol: Was it like return that bitch or what? :oh: Somehow I managed to miss that one :eek:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I love JJ, but nothing will ever top "Is her last name Jankovic?" That was GOAT ShadePova :worship:
This year I would go with the Vulture one :devil: And even though extremely injured ranks pretty high up there, my second fave would actually be her shade on Nadia, she annoyed the crap out of me in their match, and then Maria said what she said all the while wearing Nike Russia T-shirt :lol:
Oh, and btw, why did she shout RUN RUN? :lol: Was it like return that bitch or what? :oh: Somehow I managed to miss that one :eek:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470196

i have no other way to explain it to you :lol:

Tennisvampire
Nov 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470196

i have no other way to explain it to you :lol:

Too good :sobbing:

JoPova
Nov 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Extremely injured! :worship: That was incredible! :lol:

BadgerM
Nov 9th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Extremely Injured for sure. The timing was perfect especially with Azarenka's ungracious runner-up speech, Maria smirking to her team during said speech and Maria's expression when she said Extremely Injured. She knew exactly what she was saying and what she meant there. :drool:

Poland would have been amazing except for the timing, namely the fact that she lost to that opponent after calling her out. :tape: Props to Azarenka there: she actually had the best strategy of demolishing Radwanska before coming up with the whole "making women's tennis proud" or something like that after the IW match.

Run Run seemed heat of the moment and not like something she was thinking of saying to diss Radwanska. They seemed OK with each other once the battle ended so I'm thinking it wasn't shade even if Pova was pissed.

Stonerpova
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM

That's why I liked it. It wasn't an in your face bitchy comment. She sounded pretty sincere when she said it, and that just makes it even more GOATly :lol:

NashaMasha
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:32 PM
In second set of Maria Sharapova’s 6-3, 6-3, semifinal victory over Martina Hingis here at Indian Wells, a spectator sitting behind Sharapova yelled out, “Martina, she’s getting tired,” referring to Sharapova. In response, Sharapova said, “I looked back at them and I’m like, tired, my butt. So don’t mess with a truck. You’re going to become a pancake.”

:)

Noten
Nov 9th, 2012, 08:17 PM
8kacntxp1tY

It could be shade, it could simply be her not giving a shit about 'em peasants, or it could be both.
Whatever you may call it, I just like her answers: "Who's ever measured their IQ?" and "Who's in the top 8?"

And I voted "Extremely Injured". That whole trophy ceremony is gold.

humanabstract
Nov 9th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Isn't she back in Poland? is my favourite :oh:

Chrissie-fan
Nov 9th, 2012, 09:56 PM
"Extremely injured." :lol:

"Back in Poland", well, in my opinion Aga is a good girl at heart, so that one didn't really do it for me, although the back and forth between them was amusing. "Run! run!" was great though, but she could have shouted that at anyone else in a similar situation. It's a "heat of battle" thing.

Craig.
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Who's ever measured their IQ? :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

Makes a valid point tbh.

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Extremely injured definitely. :lol: It has been a great year in terms of shades as well slaying all 3 gen suck leaders :hearts: :lol:

But extremely injured was :worship: serves right for Ms.Extremely Injured.

NashaMasha
Nov 10th, 2012, 07:45 AM
"Who is in the top eight? " (all top eight are standing actually nearby )

MM_1257
Nov 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
:)

The quote that you posted.. Funny but at the same time rude. This was the period of quite cocky/arrogant Maria. And this sort of talk is clearly a bit motivational to herself - to pump herself up and to show others "I can! You won't mess with me!". I am almost sure she still uses it! But doesn't talk aboutit in press anymore. And you can clearly see the Bollettieri/Lansdorp/Joyce's influence in that talk; she and her dad picked up those expressions from them.

NashaMasha
Nov 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
The quote that you posted.. Funny but at the same time rude. This was the period of quite cocky/arrogant Maria. And this sort of talk is clearly a bit motivational to herself - to pump herself up and to show others "I can! You won't mess with me!". I am almost sure she still uses it! But doesn't talk aboutit in press anymore. And you can clearly see the Bollettieri/Lansdorp/Joyce's influence in that talk; she and her dad picked up those expressions from them.

she was playing vs Hingis , nothing can be rude after the match with that girl :)

in GM Renafans are supporting and defending Hingis in the thread Martina vs Masha , despite she is the one who called their faves "with big mouths and benefiting from being black"

MM_1257
Nov 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I just expressed my opinion of Maria's words, which weren't even directed to Martina's words but to words of Martina's fans. And I stopped caring about GM long long time ago.

jameshazza
Nov 10th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Extremely Injured was GOAT. But yeah honourable mentions to the IQ and top 8 comments.

dsanders06
Nov 11th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Extremely Injured for sure. The timing was perfect especially with Azarenka's ungracious runner-up speech, Maria smirking to her team during said speech and Maria's expression when she said Extremely Injured. She knew exactly what she was saying and what she meant there. :drool:

Poland would have been amazing except for the timing, namely the fact that she lost to that opponent after calling her out. :tape: Props to Azarenka there: she actually had the best strategy of demolishing Radwanska before coming up with the whole "making women's tennis proud" or something like that after the IW match.

Run Run seemed heat of the moment and not like something she was thinking of saying to diss Radwanska. They seemed OK with each other once the battle ended so I'm thinking it wasn't shade even if Pova was pissed.

My thoughts exactly. "Extremely injured" was by far the most effective purely because it stopped Vika/her stans EVER trying to use her so-called "injuries" as excuses for her losses to Maria :oh: "Isn't she back in Poland" was as you say ruined by her so epically failing to cash in the cheque that her mouth wrote with that epic fail in Miami :o

Honourable mention to the Woz/Rory shade. I remember that made me LOL hard purely because she was actually trying to be nice but unintentionally ended up throwing in a bitchy comment anyway :crying2: It was made even better by Woz saying "That wasn't very nice" and Maria responding by patronisingly patting her on the shoulder and going "Awwww" :rolls:

I never got how "Run Run" was bitchy/shade in any sense whatsoever. If anything it was flattering to Radwanska wasn't it, seeing as she was effectively acknowledging she was running everything down :confused: I never got how the barrel-scrapers in GM were trying to make it look like some insulting comment.

Stonerpova
Nov 11th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Also loved how she didn't know shit about the rest of the top 8. She came off like a total bitch but she fucking OWNED it :haha:

Craig.
Nov 11th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I've never actually seen the "Extremely Injured" moment. Any clips?

Noten
Nov 11th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I've never actually seen the "Extremely Injured" moment. Any clips?

Yeah (http://youtu.be/Kkfev76pFNc), at 2:15 ;)

Craig.
Nov 11th, 2012, 07:11 PM

DEAD DEAD DEAD :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

If I didn't know better, I'd think she was sincere. That's how good the shade was :spit:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 07:24 PM
one of the most hilarious winning ceremonies of all time :haha:

Effy
Nov 11th, 2012, 07:29 PM

fucking hot :drool:
still one of my fave ceremonies :angel:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 07:32 PM
i literally burst out laughing every time the video hits 2:15 :lol:

Stonerpova
Nov 11th, 2012, 07:43 PM
The hair flip during Azarenka's speech slays me :sobbing:

Charlatan
Nov 11th, 2012, 08:59 PM
The hair flip during Azarenka's speech slays me :sobbing:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gscszzTg1rtjju7o1_r1_500.gif

MM_1257
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:16 PM
My fave shade is... Isn't she back in Poland... huh... well, you know, but if I have to chose my fave "real shade", meaning not being provoked by the media (aka by direct questions), is: Extremely injured...

BadgerM
Nov 12th, 2012, 12:22 AM
DEAD DEAD DEAD :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

If I didn't know better, I'd think she was sincere. That's how good the shade was :spit:

Agree. I was watching the ceremony live and was kinda concerned that she actually believed it because I wanted her to have that confidence knowing she had truly beaten a healthy Vika. It wasn't until I read a few ppl on twitter and re-watched the entire thing with her facial expressions that I got it.

She's definitely great at shade that doesn't sound like shade - must be the PR training making sure she has an out in case anyone picks up on it. Even Poland she could argue was merely her being curious about when/where Aga said it rather than a jab.

C. Drone
Nov 15th, 2012, 10:14 PM
"already back to poland" was shutting out a filthy peasant.
"extremely injured" is a warm hug with poisoned dagger to the heart, real ladies take notes.

gc-spurs
Nov 15th, 2012, 11:15 PM
POLAND.
Straight up awesome.

Shivank17
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
"already back to poland" was shutting out a filthy peasant.
"extremely injured" is a warm hug with poisoned dagger to the heart, real ladies take notes.

You make it sound so dramatic. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

doni1212
Nov 16th, 2012, 04:20 PM

7b2SiBkWgjU

I voted for this! Yall know I LOVED LOVED LOVED that when I heard her say that, :rolls:
Out of the options available, I liked the, "Isn't she back in Poland already?" comment lol.

Craig.
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:14 PM
^I loved how Caro actually got offended :hysteric:

domon17th
Nov 17th, 2012, 07:52 AM
It seems like Maria can be on another whole new level in exho mode. Looking forward to Milan already :oh:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 17th, 2012, 10:47 AM
^I loved how Caro actually got offended :hysteric:

I feel like Caro's quite socially awkward, like quite geeky. I mean the Indian Wells balloon fail was prime evidence of that :haha:

mc8114
Nov 17th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Extremely Injured for sure!! 8kacntxp1tY

It could be shade, it could simply be her not giving a shit about 'em peasants, or it could be both.
Whatever you may call it, I just like her answers: "Who's ever measured their IQ?" and "Who's in the top 8?"

And I voted "Extremely Injured". That whole trophy ceremony is gold.

Laughed a lot at this video. I think Caro answered "Sam" to all of the questions :rolls:

Slampova
Dec 5th, 2012, 10:43 PM
All Maria shade is epic, it's too hard to pick any in particular. I just look forward to more in 2013!

SilverSlam
Dec 9th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Lol the "Caroline just wanted to hit some more balls, she didn't hit enough today" from the Brazil exho was pretty funny.

MashaAzarenka
Dec 28th, 2012, 05:17 AM
My personal favorite was "Isn't she back in Poland already?" But I absolutely love all of her shades. Proud fan right here hahaha

Asanty
Jan 6th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Not 2012, it seems 2011. Is there video of that? I am dying to see her face reaction:lol:

Q: Maria -- tomorrow you play Samantha. You lead 7, 0 ……..
Sharapova: Yes, I have just and is at the same question. Where were you then? At the supermarket or something?

Q: When you dive on clay -- some people were hoping that you are going to change your shirt but did not
Sharapova: What?

Q: That you are going to change your shirt
Sharapova: What, on the court?

Q: Yes (laughter)
Sharapova: Was that your idea or other peoples? It is your idea or someone else's?

Q: Yes.
Sharapova: Okay -- you are a pervert. (Laughter)

AnnieIWillKnow
Jan 6th, 2013, 11:40 AM
^^ Peak Shadepova putting creepy reporters in their place. Wasn't there some video of a guy asking her weird questions at the Aus Open, and she completely destroyed him?

domon17th
Feb 8th, 2013, 02:11 PM
BUMP :oh:

T496
Apr 30th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Does anyone have the video of "Isn't she back in Poland already?", need a laugh studying for exams and can't find it anywhere.

MiiMo
May 4th, 2013, 10:53 PM
What's the story around "fine with me" ? I somehow missed it :/

Trih
May 4th, 2013, 11:40 PM
It was about Petrova complaining about the rain helping Maria at USO last year.

TrollPova
May 5th, 2013, 12:09 AM
What's the story around "fine with me" ? I somehow missed it :/

It was about Petrova complaining about the rain helping Maria at USO last year.

Love the gif of her saying that :lol:

Maria needs to pick up the pace on her shade this year :oh:

NashaMasha
May 5th, 2013, 12:29 AM
^^ Peak Shadepova putting creepy reporters in their place. Wasn't there some video of a guy asking her weird questions at the Aus Open, and she completely destroyed him?

Ben Rottenberg told that Sharapova was always the best on press conferences handling all stupidness and provocations with ease and humor