PDA

View Full Version : Alicia Keys new single - her new album out now!

Invisible Fan
Nov 4th, 2012, 07:22 AM
The title track for her new album:

J91ti_MpdHA

There is also a version with Nicki Minaj featured. I like it.

hectopascal
Nov 4th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I really like the tune of Girl On Fire, but...... I have no idea what the lyrics mean or what to make of it, so am not really a fan of the song.

I thought I had a concept of the song, but then the version with nicki minaj makes no sense whatsoever :( If someone could explain it to me it'd be much appreciated! (Eg. What does a deer in the backyard and a horse ranch have in relation to the meaning of the song?)

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I actually never really seriously listen to this song until now. It was actually quite good. I like she keep it simple and classy yet showing her vocals.:worship:

Olórin
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Alicia still slaying. Can't wait for this new album to feed my soul :inlove:

Cilla
Nov 4th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Love this song :inlove:

Invisible Fan
Nov 17th, 2012, 08:08 AM
With Nicki Minaj:

dwaCaaqfIK4

I agree with what was said above. Nicki doesn't really add anything to the song - except her mere prescence might make a few more people give it a listen :)

Nemo_Kool
Nov 24th, 2012, 07:55 PM
CANNOT WAIT FOR THE ALBUM!

her preview: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK5X3f0fxO4YnVKVZP8p6hg

Flavia P.
Nov 24th, 2012, 08:52 PM
That is a hot ass song :worship:

borrowedheaven
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I don't know why she always has songs that are just out of her reach. I think she is a good singer, but every time I hear her live, she eventually has to shout to hit her notes.

eck
Nov 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM
The album is OK, but it's no Element of Freedom.

Nemo_Kool
Nov 25th, 2012, 03:55 PM
i really enjoyed her live preview of the album...but the thing with alicia is her consistency and i love so many of her songs from all of the albums.

donellcarey
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
The VMA live of this song is a mess.

Olórin
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I don't know why she always has songs that are just out of her reach. I think she is a good singer, but every time I hear her live, she eventually has to shout to hit her notes.

Alicia is definitely a studio artist. She has performed well live at times, but it's her consistency with nearly every single song, on every single one of her albums that make her such a great talent.

Nemo_Kool
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Alicia is definitely a studio artist. She has performed well live at times, but it's her consistency with nearly every single song, on every single one of her albums that make her such a great talent.

yup, I'm listening to the album now and I'm already so attached to most of the songs!

plus iv seen her live a bunch of times and iv never been disappointed..

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:04 PM
you clearly did not hear her the past few performances...especially MTV VMAs....atrocious

debopero
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM
To be honest, I think she's strained her voice by singing songs out of her range. She can sound good live on occasion though.

Nemo_Kool
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:32 PM
you clearly did not hear her the past few performances...especially MTV VMAs....atrocious

i generally think that Girl on Fire is the weakest song on the album and can agree that there is some serious straining in her of that song..

but like i said in concert i have never been disappointed especially last year at the Royal Albert Hall when it was just her and the piano

wayitis
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Girl on Fire is disappointing, hopefully the rest of the album will be better, Alicia always manages to deliver some real good gems...

KarlyM*
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:02 AM
I really hate the first single, but I hated the first single on her last 2 albums as well (and I liked both albums). :lol:
So I will be picking up this album eventually... :)

Nemo_Kool
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
yes do pick it up!

i have had it on repeat since monday! so many stand out tracks for me!

My faces are: Brand New Me, When its all over, That's when I knew, Tears Always Win and Not Even the King!!!!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 29th, 2012, 08:15 PM
This album is incredible. I wasn't excited for the album because the single Girl on Fire is utter crap. But WOW, she blew me away with this album. She never disappoints. Brand New Me is amazing.

Tennisation
Nov 29th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Take away the piano and she's ordinary as fuck. People are giving her too much credit for her "talent". She needs to stop trying to proof that she has a big voice (which she doesn't) by straining her vocal cord singing songs out of her mediocre range. Even I feel constipated listening to her straining.

Nemo_Kool
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Take away the piano and she's ordinary as fuck. People are giving her too much credit for her "talent". She needs to stop trying to proof that she has a big voice (which she doesn't) by straining her vocal cord singing songs out of her mediocre range. Even I feel constipated listening to her straining.

COUGH COUGH

Nemo_Kool
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:01 PM
This album is incredible. I wasn't excited for the album because the single Girl on Fire is utter crap. But WOW, she blew me away with this album. She never disappoints. Brand New Me is amazing.

i know right, the beat at the end is :O

might be my favourite alicia keys album!

Dominic
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Pretty good song! :)

V-MAC
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:05 PM
As if Alicia could ever top Songs In A Minor...one of my all time favourite albums.
She has never come close to making a masterpiece like that again but she does have the odd great song here and there, like Unthinkable and Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart

LeRoy.
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Rihanna to drop 70% in 2nd week, Alicia to debut on top YOUR TOP 15: Post-Black Friday brings the expected sales drops, only one new release in the Top 15 and several Christmas titles showing seasonal gains. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:
* Alicia Keys (RCA) 150-160k
Rod Stewart "Merry Christmas Baby" (Verve) 130-140k
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 120-130k
Phillip Phillips (19/Interscope) 80-85k
One Direction (Syco/Columbia) 75-80k
Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 70-75k
Michael Bublé "Christmas" (Reprise) 70-75k
Lady Antebellum "On This Winter's Night" (Capitol Nashville) 65-70k
Blake Shelton "Cheers It's Christmas" (Warner Bros. Nashville) 55-60k
Kid Rock (Atlantic) 50-55k
Now 44 (Capitol) 40-45k
Scotty McCreery "Christmas with Scotty McCreery" (Mercury Nashville/19/Interscope) 40-45k
Keyshia Cole (Geffen) 35-40k
P!nk (RCA) 35-40k
Led Zeppelin (Atlantic) 30-35k
Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 30-35k
Jason Aldean (Broken Bow) 30-35k
* Debut

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

:D

Nemo_Kool
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:34 PM
its cool that its another number one album (hopefully) but those sales are sooo down on the last album! which is a shame cos i realllllllly like it! booked my tickets for her tour today! super excited

Olórin
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM

She is so so consistent. From track to track on each album and from album to album. She delivers the goods to her fans.

justine&coria
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:45 PM
Yesterday on Taratata (French TV show), she was incredible :

WFSqw0Blfio

There are some other vids on youtube ^^.

AlissonValerio
Dec 25th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Girl On Fire is amazing. Love love love Alicia.

AlissonValerio
Dec 25th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Girl on fire is doing well on the charts.

AlissonValerio
Dec 25th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Really happy for Alicia. Love her.

Invisible Fan
Dec 26th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I read a review which gave the album 2 stars out of 5:

Girl On Fire (2012)
Precisely the same approach as the previous Keys offering, with lots of mellow love songs ("Brand New Me") and a few uptempo dance cuts ("New Day," produced with hubby Swizz Beatz). The tacky title track combines both approaches, with a simple-minded, endlessly repeated vocal hook over an ear-splitting, Billy Squier-sampled drum track. However loud or soft, fast or slow, though, the whole enterprise is notably lacking in melody ("Listen To Your Heart") - almost nothing holds your attention apart from a lovely duet with Maxwell ("Fire We Make," also featuring guitarist Gary Clark Jr.) and the retro weeper "Tears Always Win." The distracting fake Caribbean accent turns up on two more tunes ("Limitedless," with a chorus conceit that smacks of Beyoncé's "Countdown").

Note: This reviewer gave As I Am 3 and a half stars and the Element of Freedom 3 stars.

Has anyone read other reviews/heard the album yet?

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 26th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Besides the first single which I love, I don't think I've heard any other songs which I like.

hectopascal
Dec 26th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I had a listen to the songs on iTunes (hence snippets only) and really like Tears Always Win, so bought it. The other songs didn't really stand out, but I'm sure they'll grow on me.

Invisible Fan
Jan 28th, 2013, 04:29 AM
wOSv1TIa58M

Her 2nd single off Girl On Fire.

VeeJJ
Jan 28th, 2013, 05:02 AM
As I Am was GOAT and she should have stopped after that.

The Witch-king
Jan 28th, 2013, 07:29 AM
She is so so consistent. From track to track on each album and from album to album. She delivers the goods to her fans.

:lol: