PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Jacey
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty Im free at last...:bigcry:

ummm, to dramatic :confused:

ok then :bounce:

(just thought we needed something like this if some of us don't want to venture out into the main forum, by the way, do we already have a thread like this? Sorry if we do)

iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal

Owners of iPhones and other smartphones are one step closer towards taking complete control of their gadgets, thanks to a new government ruling Monday on the practice of "jailbreaking."

This weekend has seen a flurry of activity about digital rights, but the biggest news dropped Monday morning, when the FCC announced that it had made the controversial practice of “jailbreaking” your iPhone — or any other cell phone — legal.

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple — has technically been illegal for years. Most jailbroken phones are used on the U.S. T-Mobile network or on overseas carriers, or are used to run applications that Apple refuses to sell, such as Safari ad-blocking apps, alternate keyboard layouts, or programs that change the interface to the iPhone's SMS system and the way its icons are laid out.

While technically illegal, no one has been sued or prosecuted for the practice. (Apple does seriously frown on the practice, and jailbreaking your phone will still void your warranty.) It’s estimated that more than a million iPhone owners have jailbroken their handsets.

Apple fought hard against the legalization, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rules.

The upshot is that now anyone can jailbreak or otherwise unlock any cell phone without fear of legal penalties, whether you want to install unsupported applications or switch to another cellular carrier. Cell phone companies are of course still free to make it difficult for you to do this — and your warranty will probably still be voided if you do — but at least you won’t be fined or imprisoned if you jailbreak a handset.

James
Nov 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Volume 1 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=415770)

Volume 2 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=463368)

nufflemutts
Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah too much of the Medicine early years are just studying. Sure there is a lot of knowledge required but it should be integrated better. In the Uk you aren't on a placement until your 3rd or 4th year at most Unis.

Not for Graduate Entry Medicine, which you can apply for regardless of what your Bachelors is in, most of the time. The course is 4/5 years long and I think you start your clinical training 18 months in the course for 30 months. That's how it works in the University of Nottingham anyway. I think other universities follow a similar approach. The entry requirements are different for the undergraduate route though.

Also for universities in England/Wales, applicants must have had some sort of experience, mostly voluntary, in a hospital setting. Scotland doesn't require this I think.

I didn't know many people here were interested in Medicine. Good luck to all. I have been seriously considering applying for the graduate entry in few year's time but I'm plagued by doubt. :o

claypova
Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:54 AM
New volume :bounce:

Shivank17
Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:16 AM
new volume :cheer:

Vartan
Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
:cheer:

claypova
Nov 2nd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Vartan! :) I remember we once used to talk on msn a couple of years back :lol: How are things? :D

Vartan
Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi Nicky! Yup. I don't go on very often these days. I should though. I am all good. :) How about you?

JamieOwen3
Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
I'm on my x box on TF :lol: just got the IE APP on it. Interesting actually.

Ksenia.
Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Oh God, we ARE postwhores :lol:
*subscribes*

claypova
Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
Ahh so obsessed with Little Mix atm. They are amazing :hearts:

claypova
Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Nicky! Yup. I don't go on very often these days. I should though. I am all good. :) How about you?

I never touch msn nowadays :lol: I'm all good as well - my life is still exactly the same as 2 years ago :lol:

Mashabator
Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:00 PM
:wavey:

debby
Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
*subscribes

domon17th
Nov 2nd, 2012, 03:27 PM
3rd volume.. proud of you guys :rocker2::tears:

ServeCaspian
Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:47 PM
Not for Graduate Entry Medicine, which you can apply for regardless of what your Bachelors is in, most of the time. The course is 4/5 years long and I think you start your clinical training 18 months in the course for 30 months. That's how it works in the University of Nottingham anyway. I think other universities follow a similar approach. The entry requirements are different for the undergraduate route though.

Also for universities in England/Wales, applicants must have had some sort of experience, mostly voluntary, in a hospital setting. Scotland doesn't require this I think.

I didn't know many people here were interested in Medicine. Good luck to all. I have been seriously considering applying for the graduate entry in few year's time but I'm plagued by doubt. :o

Yeah that's one of my options. I was thinking of doing a Biology/Chemistry degree first and then going grad. entry but I was told I would need a first class honours. :help:

What degree are you doing and what uni?

aussiesharapova
Nov 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
*subs* :cheer:

ServeCaspian
Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:46 PM
Just letting you all know that Pop Contest 2012 has started as a lot don't seem to know. Check the list for your name if you want to withdraw. Nominations end at midnight on Sunday.

lefty24
Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Just letting you all know that Pop Contest 2012 has started as a lot don't seem to know. Check the list for your name if you want to withdraw. Nominations end at midnight on Sunday.

What is that?

debby
Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470598

ServeCaspian
Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:06 PM
What is that?

The opposite of TWAT pretty much, although there's just as much drama. :drool:

Sharapovian
Nov 3rd, 2012, 12:00 AM
I'm sorry for bring this up but:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2dtq0b6.jpg
:hysteric::tears:

She'll make up for it by winning next year in our dreams

+

http://www.humordevil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/hores.png
:haha:

Noten
Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:27 AM
I'm sorry for bring this up but:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2dtq0b6.jpg
:hysteric::tears:

She'll make up for it by winning next year in our dreams

Saw that on tumblr too, can't believe no one corrected it, but it looks better that way so :oh:

ServeCaspian
Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:30 AM
New poster. :cheer:

Sharapovian
Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:33 AM
Saw that on tumblr too, can't believe no one corrected it, but it looks better that way so :oh:

Of course. That's probably why no one corrected it. :p

And Welcome!

ServeCaspian
Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:37 AM
The Hores meme. :sobbing:

Julian.
Nov 3rd, 2012, 05:59 AM
Just want to let you guys know that I'm hosting the Pop Contest this year :lol:

and you can nominate your wildcards right now. The link is in my signature :D

PimpMePova
Nov 3rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
It's nice to see that Long And Hard has changed his/her user name:lol:

Mashabator
Nov 3rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Does anyone watch american horror story?

Trih
Nov 3rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Heard of it but never saw it, is it any good?

http://i.imgur.com/ulzkN.gif

Mashabator
Nov 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
:lol: that gif!

yeah its good :)

PimpMePova
Nov 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Does anyone watch american horror story?

Yes I saw the first season but still haven't strated watching the second one...the first season was nice

Mashabator
Nov 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
i just watched the first ep of season 2 :)

Vartan
Nov 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Heard of it but never saw it, is it any good?

http://i.imgur.com/ulzkN.gif

Relevant:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcvuna9fTJ1r3gb3zo1_250.gif

claypova
Nov 3rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
^ :haha:

Noten
Nov 3rd, 2012, 05:31 PM
New poster. :cheer:

Of course. That's probably why no one corrected it. :p

And Welcome!

Hi guys! And thanks for the welcome :kiss:

JamieOwen3
Nov 3rd, 2012, 05:37 PM
Tweeted this yesterday but did anyone ever notice the shape of the bush in Baby Mama?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6tjYxHCMAEwgVB.jpg:large

Julian.
Nov 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Vote for our girl :cheer:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470722

Andy.
Nov 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Vote for our girl :cheer:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470722

Radwanska coming in second :confused: I just dont get it.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 3rd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Radwanska coming in second :confused: I just dont get it.
It's not so hard to understand. Some don't like ball bashing, and those that don't have nowhere else to go but her. There's Wozniacki, but she doesn't give them the variety that most of them prefer. I don't mind Aga myself. She provides a nice contrast with the other top players and it would be boring (at least to me) if everyone played the same way.

Craig.
Nov 4th, 2012, 12:10 AM
MashaFan01 discovered GM :hysteric:

ServeCaspian
Nov 4th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I've actually come to appreciate Aga. Granted it took me to the YEC, I actually might make a thread about players people have come to appreciate/respect in 2012. I'm still not a fan but I'll stop trolling aselto now as Maria got a revenge win.

Stonerpova
Nov 4th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Name change #6471 :cheer:

I'm a mess :o

Andy.
Nov 4th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I havent changed my name in years I want a new one. Someone already has Andy....although I have never seen any of their posts. I cant think of anything else :hysteric:

Trih
Nov 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM
MashaFan01 discovered GM :hysteric:

May god have mercy on our souls.

Vartan
Nov 4th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Caralenko lurking in Siberian Siren.

Andy.
Nov 4th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Caralenko lurking in Siberian Siren.

and Bandabou :worship:

Andy.
Nov 4th, 2012, 09:53 AM
:rolls:

And maybe Andy. ?

The dot could help

Im going to try that one

Mashabator
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
All aussies need 2 vote 4 layla in big brother!! she must win

Vartan
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Im going to try that one

Or you could use a cyrillic letter for A or y.

domon17th
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
You guys are confusing me with all the Maria RG 2012 avatars :sobbing:
Granted it is still awesome :oh:

domon17th
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Oh yeah Ana is back!1!!!111!!

JoPova
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Just got back from a nice and relaxing weekend! Now I feel ready to get back to uni!

@james I watched the first episode of AHS and I loved it. It's someting completely different from the first season! I can't wait to watch the next episodes! :cheer:

Vartan
Nov 4th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Ana is back... something we haven't heard before.

JoPova
Nov 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Ana is back... something we haven't heard before.

:lol: I couldn't watch the match, but apparently Ana played her one and only good match of the year! :lol:

Chrissie-fan
Nov 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
:lol: I couldn't watch the match, but apparently Ana played her one and only good match of the year! :lol:
Seriously, she looked like an all time great out there today.

domon17th
Nov 4th, 2012, 12:36 PM
And on Twitter everyone is marvelling a how she's managed to win her last singles match for 3 years straight already. Not even Vika

JoPova
Nov 4th, 2012, 12:53 PM

:hysteric: So random! :lol:

Trih
Nov 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM

Really? I didn't watch the match either, so Petra didn't fail like she did so many times this year and Ana played great? I'd really love to see that. :eek: I hope to catch some replay on SuperTennis

Chrissie-fan
Nov 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Really? I didn't watch the match either, so Petra didn't fail like she did so many times this year and Ana played great? I'd really love to see that. :eek: I hope to catch some replay on SuperTennis
Petra was a bit under the weather, but she still played a pretty decent match. But Ana served very well (:eek:), returned like a goddess and actually outhit Kvitova for most of the match. AND most important of all, wouldn't it be Ana-like to play some great tennis but still fuck up in the end? Didn't happen this time. She should watch the video of this match everyday during the off-season to remind herself how good she can be.

JoPova
Nov 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Watching Janowicz-Ferrer.. I'm totally on Jerzy's bandwagon :lol:

Chrissie-fan
Nov 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
And on Twitter everyone is marvelling a how she's managed to win her last singles match for 3 years straight already. Not even Vika
Like that Serena fan has in his/her signature - "your faves could neva." :lol:

Kon.
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:02 PM

Totally rooting for Janowicz right now. :rocker2: I loved his random run in Paris.

JoPova
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Totally rooting for Janowicz right now. :rocker2: I loved his random run in Paris.

Ferrer is so solid though.. I don't know if Jerzy can come back and win this match :sad:

Lachy
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I CANT :hysteric: :hysteric:

http://maartiins.tumblr.com/tagged/sara-errani-song

Kon.
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Ferrer is so solid though.. I don't know if Jerzy can come back and win this match :sad:

Ferrer winning his first Masters is the most likely scenario indeed.
Much unlike Ferrer, Janowicz is really fun to watch.

Trih
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Me too :lol:

Break My Rapture
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I CANT :hysteric: :hysteric:

http://maartiins.tumblr.com/tagged/sara-errani-song
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :crying2: :hysteric:

JoPova
Nov 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Jerzy lost :sad: reaching the final is still an amazing achievement :hug:

Vartan
Nov 4th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Naughtya :inlove:

JoPova
Nov 4th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Naughtya :inlove:

She's playing well so far! If she keeps this level up, she'll win in two!

Stonerpova
Nov 4th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Ana :sobbing:

I'm totally going to make this victory more significant than it is. Desperate times :lol:

JamieOwen3
Nov 4th, 2012, 04:59 PM
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af264/JamieOwen3/4174552ea8Wzl0r.gif

:wavey:

I need to see Ana's GOAT performance against Petra, missed it...

Chrissie-fan
Nov 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Jerzy lost :sad: reaching the final is still an amazing achievement :hug:
Well, I guess that after many years of persevering and giving it all that he's got Ferrer deserves his masters 1000 title, so congrats to him.

Andy.
Nov 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM
All aussies need 2 vote 4 layla in big brother!! she must win

I have voted so many times for her already this week :facepalm:

RenaPova
Nov 4th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Some of these Azarenka stans are doing too much in GM :o

Stonerpova
Nov 4th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Some of these Azarenka stans are doing too much in GM :o

It's really just that Jimmie poster, and he's only a bandwagoner.

ServeCaspian
Nov 4th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Griffin. :hysteric:

Is that quote in your sig meant to apply to Sharapova haters or is it just a favourite?

Stonerpova
Nov 4th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Griffin. :hysteric:

Is that quote in your sig meant to apply to Sharapova haters or is it just a favourite?

Both ;)

Cosmic Voices
Nov 4th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Hej! I've just got back from Stockholm and discovered we've opened up a new off topic thread! things have changed :sobbing:
will upload some holiday pics this week, hope you guys are all ok? i'm so tired from flying

ServeCaspian
Nov 4th, 2012, 10:33 PM
All is good on my end. Well I haven't done half the work I should have over Halloween. It's not the end of the world though it just means that my work schedule will be tougher from now on but I still have adequate time to revise evrything. Gotta make life hard for yourself though don't you? :hysteric:

Just watching Looper now?
How was Stockholm, am I right in assuming the trip was fashion related?

Mashabator
Nov 5th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I have voted so many times for her already this week :facepalm:

Same :sobbing:

Andy.
Nov 5th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Same :sobbing:
I went to my Mum's house and used her phone too :devil::oh::facepalm:

Mashabator
Nov 5th, 2012, 06:55 AM
:haha: thats such a good idea i might steal my brothers phone tonight and vote and then delete the messages after :oh:

Andy.
Nov 5th, 2012, 07:01 AM
:haha: thats such a good idea i might steal my brothers phone tonight and vote and then delete the messages after :oh:

:yeah: Im so ready for grumpy face Zoe to go. I wouldnt mind seeing the end of Michael too :oh:

I keep seeing posts by Andy. and I'm like "who the F is that" :haha:

Andy.
Nov 5th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Hej! I've just got back from Stockholm and discovered we've opened up a new off topic thread! things have changed :sobbing:
will upload some holiday pics this week, hope you guys are all ok? i'm so tired from flying

Cant wait to see the pix :cheer: You seem to live such an exciting life.

Mashabator
Nov 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
:yeah: Im so ready for grumpy face Zoe to go. I wouldnt mind seeing the end of Michael too :oh:

I keep seeing posts by Andy. and I'm like "who the F is that" :haha:

I want estelle gone!! i keep wondering who it is too and then i realise haha!

Andy.
Nov 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I want estelle gone!! i keep wondering who it is too and then i realise haha!

Estelle is sooo winning this :secret: I think soo many people feel sorry for her after all the bullying and feel like she is the underdog :o

Andy.
Nov 5th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Andy. Love the sig and avi!

Thanks man....its not as awesome as yours but it does put a smile on my dile :D

Mashabator
Nov 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Silly aussies liking the underdog! Why like estelle

claypova
Nov 5th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Andy. Love the sig and avi!

i love them too :hearts:

Andy.
Nov 5th, 2012, 08:12 AM
i love them too :hearts:

I think u made them :lol: :worship:

claypova
Nov 5th, 2012, 08:20 AM
I think u made them :lol: :worship:

yeah I did :oh:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 5th, 2012, 09:13 AM
All is good on my end. Well I haven't done half the work I should have over Halloween. It's not the end of the world though it just means that my work schedule will be tougher from now on but I still have adequate time to revise evrything. Gotta make life hard for yourself though don't you? :hysteric:

Just watching Looper now?
How was Stockholm, am I right in assuming the trip was fashion related?

Stockholm was AMAZING.
Sorry for the late reply, just woken from jetlag. The city's really architectural, where we stayed it was in the city centre so there were many designer stores etc. but the further out we discovered an old town which had tiny stores which made handcrafted items. I bought my mum something similar to this:

http://www.ingebretsens.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/265x/e5c3f25dbe2a3021345b55270d5894a1/3/9/39584.jpg

shopping-wise it wasn't cheaper than the UK, I don't think I found anything more affordable tbh because it's quite a young, stylish city. I visited a shop called Weekend because we don't have it in the UK, it's really cool you guys should check it out online if they have a website. Anyway like I said I'll upload some scenic photography later this week :cheer:

oh and James I know exactly what you mean, I'm so behind with uni work (3rd year) but trying to catch up day by day. Trip-wise it was only part fashion related, but I also went for the culture and city life

(thoughts on my new avi :oh:)

JoPova
Nov 5th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Cosmic, I'm so jealous! I love travelling and I've never been there! I went to Finland once when I was a child, so I don't remember much :lol:

Your new avi is great and I love the sig too. It perfectly captures divapova :inlove:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Cosmic, I'm so jealous! I love travelling and I've never been there! I went to Finland once when I was a child, so I don't remember much :lol:

Your new avi is great and I love the sig too. It perfectly captures divapova :inlove:

thankyou :hug:

JamieOwen3
Nov 5th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Mel C and Emma Bunton just sang "I Know Him So Well" on This Morning, Andrew I know you a SG fan ;)

Steven.
Nov 5th, 2012, 03:35 PM
travelling is such a good dream to have. Experiencing different cultures and food, the unknown, adventure and especially the sense of freedom would be so amazeeeeee ahhh.

I plan on backpacking europe / north america after I graduate uni, and visit some places in south america and africa on holidays. I already have an extensive list of places to visit, things to see, things to do that I've slowly compiled over time CAN'T WAIT.

The only issue is money really, but backpacking should make things sooo much cheaper. Would be nice to have someone to do all this with too maybe :cheer:

edit: wtf is with all the name changes lately? I was like who the hell is Andy? probs would've clicked right away if it was Andrew tho.

ServeCaspian
Nov 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I love your avi. :worship:

I'm planning on going to Ghana next year for a month, and depending on fundraisers hopefully I can get to work in orphanages in Romania or Argentina for a month as well.

I would really love to visit Thailand. :inlove:

IDK for some reason it doesn't surprise me that it wasn't cheaper than the UK, where abouts in the UK are you actually from Cosmic?

Cosmic Voices
Nov 5th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I love your avi. :worship:

I'm planning on going to Ghana next year for a month, and depending on fundraisers hopefully I can get to work in orphanages in Romania or Argentina for a month as well.

I would really love to visit Thailand. :inlove:

IDK for some reason it doesn't surprise me that it wasn't cheaper than the UK, where abouts in the UK are you actually from Cosmic?

aw thankyou :)
i'm originally from Cheshire (near Manchester) but live and study in London (should be used to the price of city life) how about you James?

PimpMePova
Nov 5th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Ok so this is a little random but my friend and I started writing this fanfiction story which is about some tennis players (including Maria of course) and I was wondering where to post it when it's finished, should i post it hear or just make a thread for it?
BTW Cosmic Voices I'm really happy and jealous of you I love travelling and have never been to Stockholm but the good thing is that I will be going to a five days trip with my school probably in february. We'll either go to Madrid or London:oh:
really exited:bounce:

JoPova
Nov 5th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I love travelling! Seeing new places, meeting different people, breathing a different air, hearing different languages and accents :inlove:

In the meantime I'm stuck in Milan for the next two years :o Thank God for the holidays! :cheer:

ServeCaspian
Nov 5th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I live in NI. I was going to say I thought you lived in London. :lol:
You couldn't survive over here, fashion sense is zero whereas you can wear anything over there.

How you find student life in London. Really hoping on going to Uni there?

DeucesAreWild
Nov 5th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Has anyone tried Sugarpova candy? Is it any good? $5.99 seems a bit pricey.

Angelpova
Nov 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Has anyone tried Sugarpova candy? Is it any good? $5.99 seems a bit pricey.

Not available in France :sobbing:

T496
Nov 5th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Faves and least faves poll is up :)

Angelpova
Nov 5th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Please my friends, vote for our queen:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470829

:)

Cosmic Voices
Nov 5th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I live in NI. I was going to say I thought you lived in London. :lol:
You couldn't survive over here, fashion sense is zero whereas you can wear anything over there.

How you find student life in London. Really hoping on going to Uni there?

OMG no way, I thought you lived in England :sobbing:
your flag is deceiving! (I live with 3 irish friends :oh:) Well I'm in my third year now so if I haven't grasped how to live frugally in the city then I never will :lol: its quite expensive, but really most of my money goes on accommodation tbh, you can find some great places to shop + eat without spending a fortune

Stonerpova
Nov 6th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Cosmic your avi is fucking EPIC congratulations.

I'm completely blown right now guys.

Andy.
Nov 6th, 2012, 08:17 AM

That could mean so many things :lol: maybe thats just me.

Andy.
Nov 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Mel C and Emma Bunton just sang "I Know Him So Well" on This Morning, Andrew I know you a SG fan ;)

Yeah I saw that :D thanks

claypova
Nov 6th, 2012, 08:57 AM
MightyMashaFan why you change your username?! It's so weird seeing Andy :lol:

claypova
Nov 6th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I don't watch big brother but GO LAYLA :oh:

Andy.
Nov 6th, 2012, 09:26 AM

I just wanted a change. I had been that name for ages and just wanted something a little more normal and less stalker-ish :lol:.

Andy.
Nov 6th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Estelle a fucking weirdo.

I really need Layla to win this. Ben's too much of a.............kernt to win

I don't watch big brother but GO LAYLA :oh:

YAY :cheer: Votes Ala Layla :cheer:

I really dont like Ben. He just seems to bitchy, manipulative and calculated. Estelle is a massive nut job. I even got sucked in for ages and felt sorry for her...mess. Luckily I have seen the light.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 6th, 2012, 10:18 AM

:sobbing: IKR
Andy did you add your new name change to the aliases thread in SS? if not do it so you can keep everyone updated :cheer:
(i'm still going to send you posts about vicky b :oh:)

Cosmic Voices
Nov 6th, 2012, 10:19 AM

pretty sure you'll have some offers in the POY thread :oh:
(but thanks :))

Andy.
Nov 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM
:sobbing: IKR
Andy did you add your new name change to the aliases thread in SS? if not do it so you can keep everyone updated :cheer:
(i'm still going to send you posts about vicky b :oh:)

OMG please do :hearts:

Craig.
Nov 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
That could mean so many things :lol: maybe thats just me.

Yeah I didn't know what he meant by that either :hysteric:

UMM LOL :hysteric:

JoPova
Nov 6th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I'm always hungry. It's quite scary actually. Does anybody have the same problem? :hysteric:

BTW stop imagining me as a fat 20-year-old guy who can't stop eating nutella :sobbing: I'm skinny in fact! :lol:

Stonerpova
Nov 6th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Not that kind of blown :rolls:

Trolling TF while baked wasn't nearly as embarrassing as it could have been :lol:

JoPova
Nov 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
:spit: No I'm the same I always eat food and then get hungry right afterwards. :lol:

But I can't eat a lot of food. So I'm always hungry. It's horrible

:hug: We are the same! :lol:

I've just got back from my tennis club. I played two hours. First hour: just a bit of training; second hour: a match with a guy I'd never played with.

I broke the strings of my Yonex at the end of the first hour, so I had to play the match with a random racquet. I lost 60 62. I couldn't put a single ball into the court in the first set and the second set was still a mess. He could only slice the ball with his BH and loop it high with his FH. My ballbashing was at its worst. I'll probably never use Babolat again. I even injured my foot during the last game. I feel so tired and depressed right now! :sad:

PimpMePova
Nov 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM
OMG I just visited the forum that's in maria's official site...I will always regret the moment I decided to do that, biggest mistake of my life :help: Seriously my eyes still hurt from the things I read:sobbing:

Angelpova
Nov 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
OMG I just visited the forum that's in maria's official site...I will always regret the moment I decided to do that, biggest mistake of my life :help: Seriously my eyes still hurt from the things I read:sobbing:

This post: http://www.mariasharapova.com/forum/yaf_postsm320282_Maria-Sharapova-errors-in-visiting-Pagan-Buddhist-Shrines-and-Temple.aspx#post320282

:facepalm: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Can someone explain to me how the tennis forum popularity contest works? i rarely go into the non-tennis forum and just opened it now to see this craziness (shame i'm not in the draw :sobbing:)

PimpMePova
Nov 6th, 2012, 09:19 PM
This post: http://www.mariasharapova.com/forum/yaf_postsm320282_Maria-Sharapova-errors-in-visiting-Pagan-Buddhist-Shrines-and-Temple.aspx#post320282

:facepalm: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2:

Yes that's what I was reading at first someone said that it's good maria's going on vacation in Indonesia because yoga will help her win tournaments then someone answered that quote: "Yoga WILL NOT help Maria to win tournaments only her continued trust, faith, and belief in the LORD God will.":hysteric:.Then someone else posted that she shouldn't visit Buddhist temples and shrines because demonic and malevolent spirit beings are there to deceive many people and to distract them away from the TRUTH and that Borobudur and other pagan Buddhist Temples might look like "heaven on earth" or give you a "little taste of paradise on earth", but the end result will be this HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY for all of its adherents; and for all who go down that dark road. :bolt:
And after all this they started commenting on maria's cross and how she shouldn't wear it on photo-shoots because she is trying to look seductive and appealing :weirdo: My coclusion is: I"M NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN...EVER!!!:scared:

ServeCaspian
Nov 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM
OMG no way, I thought you lived in England :sobbing:
your flag is deceiving! (I live with 3 irish friends :oh:) Well I'm in my third year now so if I haven't grasped how to live frugally in the city then I never will :lol: its quite expensive, but really most of my money goes on accommodation tbh, you can find some great places to shop + eat without spending a fortune

Irish friends. :cheer:
Yeah I was looking at rough prices, about 6K would be going on accommodation a year. But at least if you go to London you're entitles to the 7K loan and I would have a couple of grants on top of that. I'm sure I could manage it.

What's it really like to live there? Amazing experience or shithole? I went for coffee with a guy at the weekend who lived in London for a year and a half. He said it was a valuable lesson for life but he just always felt lonely. Too many false friends, although that was more likely got to do with him having no family or anything there. He's Polish.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 6th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Irish friends. :cheer:
Yeah I was looking at rough prices, about 6K would be going on accommodation a year. But at least if you go to London you're entitles to the 7K loan and I would have a couple of grants on top of that. I'm sure I could manage it.

What's it really like to live there? Amazing experience or shithole? I went for coffee with a guy at the weekend who lived in London for a year and a half. He said it was a valuable lesson for life but he just always felt lonely. Too many false friends, although that was more likely got to do with him having no family or anything there. He's Polish.

no I know exactly what he means about being 'lonely' as per say. ironically being surrounded by SO MANY people is really lonely at times, especially because my university isn't on a campus, instead it's spread all across london so i've never really experienced the true uni life that my brother is living now in newcastle. i stayed in halls my first year and then lived with two people off my course and now live with noone from my course :lol: but i think it's a good thing to progress as a person, especially concerning friends. but my course is strange, everyones lovely but everyones formed their niche little cliches and im truly only friends with about 3 people in my class. ofc i have many other friends dotted around uni and some who are working in the industry.

dependant on what course you want to do i think it will shape your lifestyle at university. if you're doing something techy/academic at a main uni then you'll have lots of hall mates and hang around a lot. but if like me, your doing a fashion based/art course then it's quite competitive and really the only true friends you'll have will be just a handful.

NashaMasha
Nov 7th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Don't miss love/hate GM thread http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470829

pls support Masha:cheer:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 7th, 2012, 12:27 AM
this election is so exciting :oh:
go Obama :cheer:

Andy.
Nov 7th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Do you guys think he will win? I really hope he does. We dont need to go back to the dark ages with Romney.

NashaMasha
Nov 7th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Do you guys think he will win? I really hope he does. We dont need to go back to the dark ages with Romney.

in Russia almost everyone is sure Obama will win :) according to polls Romney has no chance....or at least according to those polls which were shown by TV here

NashaMasha
Nov 7th, 2012, 01:38 AM
By the way, who knows: who is this Helen Clownson and how many words does she know apart from "clown"

http://oi45.tinypic.com/6homty.jpg

Mashabator
Nov 7th, 2012, 03:45 AM
linguistics exam over.... omg thank god!!!!

JamieOwen3
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Obama

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6uupzardK1rsbnz6.gif

claypova
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Idek why I care so much about American politics, but yay for Obama :bounce:

JamieOwen3
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Same :lol:

Romney does not need to be the president.

Julian.
Nov 7th, 2012, 05:04 AM
By the way, who knows: who is this Helen Clownson and how many words does she know apart from "clown"

http://oi45.tinypic.com/6homty.jpg

What did you do? :sobbing:

I always got good reps from her :lol:

JamieOwen3
Nov 7th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Romney

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af264/JamieOwen3/youtried.gif

cowsonice
Nov 7th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Today at practice, I spontaneously tried to adopt Maria's service. It worked like a charm!
Wide kick serves and great slice serves down the T...and double faults of course :oh:

Andy.
Nov 7th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Obama

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6uupzardK1rsbnz6.gif

I know sooo awesome

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcovssMg4y1ruvcmv.gif

claypova
Nov 7th, 2012, 06:45 AM
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/21830_449206348460608_168266418_n.jpg
:rolls:

cautiouslip
Nov 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
omg :sobbing: it was posted in gm

http://soundcloud.com/carabint/kiri-the-remix

claypova
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Estelle a fucking weirdo.

I really need Layla to win this. Ben's too much of a.............kernt to win

YAY :cheer: Votes Ala Layla :cheer:

I really dont like Ben. He just seems to bitchy, manipulative and calculated. Estelle is a massive nut job. I even got sucked in for ages and felt sorry for her...mess. Luckily I have seen the light.

LAYLA :sad:

Andy.
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:08 AM
LAYLA :sad:

I know :sad:

Im such a bitter loser I'm not even happy for him :lol:

Steven.
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
how are you guys not happy for him he's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yay obama. I actually followed the whole campaign fsr even tho I'm not even american :lol: tbh i don't get the people going crazy at his victory, it was NID and he ended up winning by a landslide anwyay. so funny how everyone was freaking out at the beginning when romney was leading cos places like kentucky poll closed way earlier. i can't even call romney a tool cos at least tools are useful.

nufflemutts
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:48 AM
So two days ago I got laid-off work after 3 months probation period because despite being everything they were looking for, my "personality" was not a match. Then today I was advised against applying for a role because I have mental health problems and I take medication. "It's people like you that our services were set up for. You are in no position to help anyone right now. Reapply when you have made it through to the other side." Thanks for making me feel even more inadequate. Because I really needed it. And just what the fuck is this other side? So much for equality in the workplace. Urgh I am so mad right now.

Mashabator
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
What medication do you take? that is incredibly rude of them!

Cosmic Voices
Nov 7th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Excellent result :cheer:
stayed up until 3am in the UK but couldn't sustain my tiredness :sobbing:

Congratulations Obama, hilarious that Florida isn't still counted. It was great to see Romney's smug face wiped on the floor

PimpMePova
Nov 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-kpWjf6I0g
I can't stop listening to this I love it :hearts:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 7th, 2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-kpWjf6I0g
I can't stop listening to this I love it :hearts:

this is exactly my kind of music, she sounds a little like Sia

PimpMePova
Nov 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
this is exactly my kind of music, she sounds a little like Sia
IKR I like Sia too, great taste in music by the way!!:yeah:

NashaMasha
Nov 7th, 2012, 02:38 PM
:spit:

I too have only gotten good reps. :lol:

I will give her Bed rep in turn and she will give me back one more and this is endless :lol:

But at list I have a variety of explanations , while her explanations are boring and always the same...clown, clown etc

Cosmic Voices
Nov 7th, 2012, 02:40 PM
guys im designing a magazine for my final major project at uni and MY GOD it's taken me 2 hours to finish just one page in indesign...i'm going to kill myself (im such a perfectionist) :facepalm:

ServeCaspian
Nov 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM
So two days ago I got laid-off work after 3 months probation period because despite being everything they were looking for, my "personality" was not a match. Then today I was advised against applying for a role because I have mental health problems and I take medication. "It's people like you that our services were set up for. You are in no position to help anyone right now. Reapply when you have made it through to the other side." Thanks for making me feel even more inadequate. Because I really needed it. And just what the fuck is this other side? So much for equality in the workplace. Urgh I am so mad right now.

Is it an illness employers are even entitled to ask about?
That sounds like typical job fuckery. :o Employers can be needless bastards sometimes.
Hope you find a great job you like soon. :hug:

ServeCaspian
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM
no I know exactly what he means about being 'lonely' as per say. ironically being surrounded by SO MANY people is really lonely at times, especially because my university isn't on a campus, instead it's spread all across london so i've never really experienced the true uni life that my brother is living now in newcastle. i stayed in halls my first year and then lived with two people off my course and now live with noone from my course :lol: but i think it's a good thing to progress as a person, especially concerning friends. but my course is strange, everyones lovely but everyones formed their niche little cliches and im truly only friends with about 3 people in my class. ofc i have many other friends dotted around uni and some who are working in the industry.

dependant on what course you want to do i think it will shape your lifestyle at university. if you're doing something techy/academic at a main uni then you'll have lots of hall mates and hang around a lot. but if like me, your doing a fashion based/art course then it's quite competitive and really the only true friends you'll have will be just a handful.

Yeah I think the temptation in such a big city would be to make 'friends' with everyone but never have any true friends. Although I can't personally see that happening with me, I only have around 5 proper friends. I'm not one to become BFFs with everyone although I'll always be civil, you really have to do something on me for me to dislike you or behave hostile towards you. IDK I think most people really only have about 5 true friends when they are older, and I mean friends that they could trust their life with. :shrug:
Sure I get along with everyone in school and all but I realise there's only about 2 of them I'll keep in contact with once I leave.
Somehow I can imagine the art students would be bitchy. Even with English Lit. I know the amount of ego people place on their work. :lol:
Although I'd say a lot of the Med ones are very cliquey and snobbish too. :shrug:

That's what I find confusing about the London uni's though, the way they're dotted all over the place. It would be great if they were just like a typical campus.

Vartan
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Helen Lawson is hilarious.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Excellent result :cheer:
stayed up until 3am in the UK but couldn't sustain my tiredness :sobbing:

Congratulations Obama, hilarious that Florida isn't still counted. It was great to see Romney's smug face wiped on the floor
Romney always looks as though he's made of plastic to me. As though he's not a real person, but there's someone behind a curtain somewhere who's making him do and say things by remote control. Don't know why those weird thoughts come into my mind but every time I see him I immediately think, "there's the plastic robot." :confused:

Ksenia.
Nov 7th, 2012, 05:30 PM
guys im designing a magazine for my final major project at uni and MY GOD it's taken me 2 hours to finish just one page in indesign...i'm going to kill myself (im such a perfectionist) :facepalm:

:hug: I know how you feel, I suffer from the worst case of perfectionism as well :o

ServeCaspian
Nov 7th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Romney is crazy, nuclear war would have definitely started had he got in. :tape:

lefty24
Nov 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Romney is crazy, nuclear war would have definitely started had he got in. :tape:

I think that might be taking it a little too far. ;)

Btw the whole robot Romney thing reminds me that I always think Obama looks like he has hypothermia. I don't know why.

ServeCaspian
Nov 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I thought he said he would nuke Iran? Or maybe our media exaggerated. Not that they can talk, our very own PM was over selling fighter jets in the Middle East this week. And are planning on heavily arming the Syrian rebels. :tape:

nufflemutts
Nov 7th, 2012, 07:33 PM
What medication do you take? that is incredibly rude of them!

I take a mood stabiliser.

Is it an illness employers are even entitled to ask about?
That sounds like typical job fuckery. :o Employers can be needless bastards sometimes.
Hope you find a great job you like soon. :hug:

I think they seemed particularly wary of mental health problems mainly because the role itself is in the mental health sector and due to the nature of people who access their services, they felt I wouldn't be able to handle it and would be triggered. So they told me not to apply for my own good. Whatever. I'm over it. I won't be surprised if this becomes a regular occurrence in the future though.

At least you got something done. I haven't touched my final year project ever since I last saw my supervisor 4 weeks ago. I'm supposed to have something to show next week but I doubt it. Perfectionism is such a bitch. I can only imagine the horror of starting the dissertation as well. :o

I thought he said he would nuke Iran? Or maybe our media exaggerated. Not that they can talk, our very own PM was over selling fighter jets in the Middle East this week. And are planning on heavily arming the Syrian rebels. :tape:

All whilst wearing a poppy. :tape: The guy has no sense of judgement.

That's what I find confusing about the London uni's though, the way they're dotted all over the place. It would be great if they were just like a typical campus.

Totally agree. My university's campuses are scattered across the borough and along with the "modern" style buildings, it feels less like a proper university, if it makes sense. If I can't get into medicine, I would love to do my postgrad in a campus university.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I thought he said he would nuke Iran? Or maybe our media exaggerated.
Has there ever been a republican president or candidate that didn't want to start a war somewhere and put the country even more in debt by doing so? :shrug: Even so, I doubt that even the biggest fruitcake in American politics would consider nuking Iran. But he might have said it to get the vote of the trigger happy part of America, and perhaps it even worked since the only demographic where Romney got the most votes from was from "the angry white men." That's what they said on the news on Belgian television anyway.

BTW - just watched a speech from Michelle Obama at the Democratic convention on youtube. What a classy lady! Barak is brilliant at this sort of thing, but Michelle ain't exactly second best when it comes to this stuff.

lefty24
Nov 7th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Has there ever been a republican president or candidate that didn't want to start a war somewhere and put the country even more in debt by doing so? :shrug: Even so, I doubt that even the biggest fruitcake in American politics would consider nuking Iran. But he might have said it to get the vote of the trigger happy part of America, and perhaps it even worked since the only demographic where Romney got the most votes from was from "the angry white men." That's what they said on the news on Belgian television anyway.

BTW - just watched a speech from Michelle Obama at the Democratic convention on youtube. What a classy lady! Barak is brilliant at this sort of thing, but Michelle ain't exactly second best when it comes to this stuff.

It's not like Obama is much better. I don't think people realize how war hungry Obama is.

ServeCaspian
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I agree with you lefty. That's what annoys me about politics. Virtually every major party in every country is the same these days.

Kon.
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I don't get people who say all politicians are the same.
None is good enough, all have several flaws, with that I agree. But there are many and important differences.
Obama is very far from being an ideal leader but I believe that the fact neither of the two candidates is good enough doesn't mean one can't be a lot worse (see Romney).
Yay for Obama's win.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:13 PM
It's not like Obama is much better. I don't think people realize how war hungry Obama is.
Well, as an American you're probably better informed than me. I don't really follow politics that much anymore. There was a time when I regularly watched political programmes and debates on the telly, but those days are long gone. But anyway - let's just hope that he's smarter and more of a humanitarian than that.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I don't get people who say all politicians are the same.
None is good enough, all have several flaws, with that I agree. But there are many and important differences.
Obama is very far from being an ideal leader but I believe that the fact neither of the two candidates is good enough doesn't mean one can't be a lot worse (see Romney).
Yay for Obama's win.
Well, the problem with politicians is that they always promise more than they can deliver. And they know this beforehand because in a democracy you inevitably need to compromise. Therefore I think it would be better that a politician would just say that he or she will defend this or that side of any given issue. You can promise that with integrity, but you can't promise that you will be able to realize it because much of it depends on whether you can find enough partners from the other party to push it through.

So I think that (in this case) Obama really is trying hard to deliver, but he can't - and nobody will ever, be able to deliver a 100% because on the other side of the isle there are people who probably want the exact opposite of what he wants. So either nothing happens or you come out somewhere in the middle. And if nothing happens, nothing happens, and if you come out somewhere in the middle you realize at least something, but it's still a watered down version of your original idea.

Ksenia.
Nov 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hey guys, I know there are some Aussies/New-Zealanders here :) For my English class I need some cool or at least interesting or AT LEAST JUST SOME (lol) idioms/slang examples used primarily in your area, does anyone suggestions? Googling probably won't be as productive as asking real people.

NashaMasha
Nov 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hi guys,

I have created alternative thread about 20 greatest players at GM , because TennisFool's ranking has becme foolish. As a result, mods moved it in TennisFool's thread..... of course it is already buried there by next posts....

Pls support my ranking just with messages of support in that thread , quoting of my ranking will be also helpful

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=132958&page=82

ServeCaspian
Nov 8th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks chrissie-fan. That's what I mean when I say they're the same. They rarely ever do what they say to do and unless the politician is a crazy extremist or something then the changes they make aren't actually anything major. So because no major changes are made one way or the other it doesn't really matter which side get's in these days.
I think the situation is a little different in America but I would safely say that in the UK, yes each and every major party is the same. In fact many parties do the opposite of what they said once they get power over here.

Vartan
Nov 8th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, I know there are some Aussies/New-Zealanders here :) For my English class I need some cool or at least interesting or AT LEAST JUST SOME (lol) idioms/slang examples used primarily in your area, does anyone suggestions? Googling probably won't be as productive as asking real people.

Bogan

Angelpova
Nov 8th, 2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=467686

Maria ? :oh:

T496
Nov 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Have we all voted for Maria in the favourites poll? Seems like she's definitely doing pretty well in the lesat favourite poll this year anyway haha

Vartan
Nov 8th, 2012, 03:25 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470829&page=15

VOTE people!

NashaMasha
Nov 8th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Well, the problem with politicians is that they always promise more than they can deliver. And they know this beforehand because in a democracy you inevitably need to compromise. Therefore I think it would be better that a politician would just say that he or she will defend this or that side of any given issue. You can promise that with integrity, but you can't promise that you will be able to realize it because much of it depends on whether you can find enough partners from the other party to push it through.

So I think that (in this case) Obama really is trying hard to deliver, but he can't - and nobody will ever, be able to deliver a 100% because on the other side of the isle there are people who probably want the exact opposite of what he wants. So either nothing happens or you come out somewhere in the middle. And if nothing happens, nothing happens, and if you come out somewhere in the middle you realize at least something, but it's still a watered down version of your original idea.

Francois Hallande looks like is implementing his main promises.... But definitely the likes of US or Russian presidents are forgetting about their promises even before inauguration

Angelpova
Nov 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
NashaMasha, is it your blog ?

http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/dennytenn

Shivank17
Nov 8th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Cronin saying on twitter Aga has had a better career than Del Po if you remove Del Po's slam. :help: He is slowly becoming Bodo.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
^ Cronin is the wisest tennis commentator EVER

said no one

NashaMasha
Nov 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM
NashaMasha, is it your blog ?

http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/dennytenn

no , it's Denny Tenn's , i guess it's denny5576

Chrissie-fan
Nov 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Francois Hallande looks like is implementing his main promises.... But definitely the likes of US or Russian presidents are forgetting about their promises even before inauguration
Well, Obama was able to deliver on some of the promises he made. He promised to get the troops home from Iraq and he did. He got Osama. He said he would provide healthcare and he did. Especially that last thing is an achievement of historical proportions because many before him including Clinton tried, but no cigar (except for the one that Monica Lewinsky got to enjoy). So he did do pretty good, especially considering that he had to work with a rebublican congress.

NashaMasha
Nov 8th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Well, Obama was able to deliver on some of the promises he made. He promised to get the troops home from Iraq and he did. He got Osama. He said he would provide healthcare and he did. Especially that last thing is an achievement of historical proportions because many before him (including Clinton) tried, but no cigar. So he did do pretty good, especially considering that he had to work with a rebublican congress.

as for Osama , i'm sure CIA was aware about his location every single day after 11th of September... But he was terminated when he became useless as a threat , Without such a "doctor evel" it's hard for President to get Senate approval (or approval in the US society) for financing these operations in Afganistan .... When CIA/Pentagon goals were achieved in Afghanistan it was time for Obama to recall his promise ...

Chrissie-fan
Nov 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Cronin saying on twitter Aga has had a better career than Del Po if you remove Del Po's slam. :help: He is slowly becoming Bodo.
I'm indifferent about Cronin, although most Caro fans don't like him. Bodo would if he was a TF member troll every Sharapova, Wozniacki and Clijsters thread at GM. He sometimes writes a pretty decent article, but his hate or dislike for certain players is too strong to give him much credibility and to consider him an unbiased writer.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Have we all voted for Maria in the favourites poll? Seems like she's definitely doing pretty well in the lesat favourite poll this year anyway haha
That's the result of her doing so well. Whenever a player does great the fans of her main rivals automatically vote for her as least favorite. Only exception is Caro. No matter how she does, everybody hates her anyway. :sad:

Chrissie-fan
Nov 8th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Well I never really was a big Caro fan until start of 2012. Great time to join the band wagon right :lol: but my fandom has grown stronger and stronger this year. I think having not liked her as much before, and now seeing how she's still trying her hardest, and staying 100% committed to how she plays tennis despite all the media and hate she's reviewed really makes me feel more on her side.

:hug:

ServeCaspian
Nov 8th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I think Maria will have a poor showing this year. Not many Mashabators have voted. :lol:
Including me, might go vote now.

T496
Nov 8th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Ilove when Maria wins! It's tradition! Wonder who'll win if she doesn't?

Cosmic Voices
Nov 8th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Ilove when Maria wins! It's tradition! Wonder who'll win if she doesn't?

fan favourite Agnieska :oh:

Ksenia.
Nov 9th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Bogan

I never actually heard this one before :lol: Thanks.

$uricate
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:32 AM
When did this new thread appear?

Im so out the loop...

Shivank17
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I'm indifferent about Cronin, although most Caro fans don't like him. Bodo would if he was a TF member troll every Sharapova, Wozniacki and Clijsters thread at GM. He sometimes writes a pretty decent article, but his hate or dislike for certain players is too strong to give him much credibility and to consider him an unbiased writer.

His hate articles are just pathetic. :facepalm: And to think he is actually a professional who is paid for that. :tape:

Who knows, he might well be a TFer. :lol:

domon17th
Nov 9th, 2012, 12:48 PM
His hate articles are just pathetic. :facepalm: And to think he is actually a professional who is paid for that. :tape:

Who knows, he might well be a TFer. :lol:

He is bandabou :oh:

JoPova
Nov 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Just got back from uni. I'm so tired! Thank God it's Friday! :hysteric:

Хлоэ
Nov 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
^ where do you work?
damn i miss my school and uni days :lol:

Stonerpova
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:26 PM
So dead from this week. 2 all-nighters, 3 exams, three labs and a paper due. I'm about to drink the entire campus under the table :lol:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:44 PM
just followed matt cronin on twitter :oh:
i need to witness this delusion!

NashaMasha
Nov 9th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Helen Lawson decided to give me Bad Rep every day , so don't wonder if Siberian Siren posters will get from me Good Rep every day , i have to be competitive and give at least 9 GR to someone daily:lol:

It's idiotic, but if i don't respond , this old lady still continues

Trih
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:11 PM
https://twitter.com/Tr1h/status/267005467262341120

Sky sports journalist replying me that Sky Italy won't buy rights for WTA in 2013 :crying2: -- SuperTennis is the last hope, if they aren't I'll have to subscrive to Tennis.TV and say goodbye to WTA on HD :sad:

lefty24
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:24 PM
https://twitter.com/Tr1h/status/267005467262341120

Sky sports journalist replying me that Sky Italy won't buy rights for WTA in 2013 :crying2: -- SuperTennis is the last hope, if they aren't I'll have to subscrive to Tennis.TV and say goodbye to WTA on HD :sad:

Wtf? That sucks. I kind of feel like tennis going backwards, especially women's tennis. I don't even know why. From what I've noticed, the WTA isn't really that much less popular than the ATP.

Vartan
Nov 10th, 2012, 12:40 AM
I never actually heard this one before :lol: Thanks.

No problem. :)

JamieOwen3
Nov 10th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Wtf? That sucks. I kind of feel like tennis going backwards, especially women's tennis. I don't even know why. From what I've noticed, the WTA isn't really that much less popular than the ATP.

IKR, I'm so pissed :sobbing:

ServeCaspian
Nov 10th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I just hope there isn't mammoth fuckery in the UK with the broadcasters. TBH I wouldn't mind subscribing to Tennistv, my internet connection is very good and at least you have all televised courts (I think anyway), although I'm wondering about if they have all the rights for all the matches in EU. Not like the way they have to share the matches with a couple of channels in US.

The whole situation is a mess.

PimpMePova
Nov 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
So now that eurosport won't be showing tennis outside the slams will we be able to still find free live streaming???:confused:

ServeCaspian
Nov 10th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Most streams were ES but considering it's going to a different broadcaster in a lot of countries I'm sure it will still be streamed.

Vartan
Nov 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM
We need more votes in your faves thread.

Vartan
Nov 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470829

Cosmic Voices
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
the lines calls at the ATP Tour Finals are just :facepalm: I can't at this fuckery

Cosmic Voices
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
3 wrong line calls in the same service game on the same part of the baseline :haha:

also Rogers losing to Del Po, and if Del Po wins he finishes top of the group :oh:
i've just realised how much LESS of an ATP stan i've become as opposed to WTA. i love both tours but i completely forgot the London finals were even on :sobbing:

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
^Now that Fed has won a set, he will finish top of the group unless Tipsarevic avoids sudden fatigue and beats Ferrer.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:19 PM
^Now that Fed has won a set, he will finish top of the group unless Tipsarevic avoids sudden fatigue and beats Ferrer.

ah ok thanks :)

so im guessing its novak/andy and fed/del po into the SFs

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Happy that Del Po qualified :)

Now time to beat Nole like Olympic games :cheer:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Del Po's voice :tape:

cookie monster
(but he's cute)

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
ah ok thanks :)

so im guessing its novak/andy and fed/del po into the SFs

yep.

Now Ferrer can't qualify. But if he loses, Del Po tops group.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:22 PM
i want the final to be andy vs del po (you rarely see a match between them)

it's gonna be a snore fest if its novak vs roger

Stonerpova
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:27 PM

+1

I'm just so tired of Djokovic in general.

Lachy
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I am enjoying watching Del Potro play of late. Really like his groundstrokes.

PimpMePova
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I went to the official ATP site to check the scores and got kind of confused. Aren't men supposed to win three sets in order to win the match why are they playing only two like women?

Cosmic Voices
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I went to the official ATP site to check the scores and got kind of confused. Aren't men supposed to win three sets in order to win the match why are they playing only two like women?

they only play best of 5 sets in slams and Davis Cup, the rest of the season is best of 3 sets

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:43 PM
They play only best of 3 sets(2 sets to win) in WTF. They no longer play best of 5 here, only best of 5 at slams and Davis Cup.

PimpMePova
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Oh OK thanks I need to watch more ATP tennis I don't know anything about it:lol:.When I went to the site out of the 8 players I only knew Novak, Murray, Tsonga and Federer

Chrissie-fan
Nov 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM

I think Fed vs Djokovic always makes for a great match, but as a Fed fan the final that I want of any tournament he participates in is Fed vs someone else. I think the most likely final we'll get is Djokovic vs Murray though. But you never know. These guys are all capable of going all the way.

Trih
Nov 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Me too I see a Djokovic-Murray final, but I have my top 3 faves in the semis, couldn't be better :lol:

PimpMePova
Nov 10th, 2012, 07:55 PM
So I heard that the wta nominations about player of the year and ect. came aout but what about fan favourite?

ServeCaspian
Nov 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I don't think so. It would be on the site. Plus fans can't vote for those awards (POY/Newcomer of year).

Andy.
Nov 11th, 2012, 07:25 AM
So I have a bit of an update on that story I told a couple of months ago about the 'Straight guy' and me........

domon17th
Nov 11th, 2012, 07:38 AM
So I have a bit of an update on that story I told a couple of months ago about the 'Straight guy' and me........

What is it about? :oh:

Reptilia
Nov 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Do tell :oh:

Andy.
Nov 11th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I should try and find the original post to get me up to date with what I told you guys last.

Andy.
Nov 11th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Well I couldnt find it so I will do a round up

Andy.
Nov 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
So there is this guy that has entered my core group of friends. He claims to be 'Straight' but there are a lot of things that have made the group think otherwise (Likes really poppy music, mainly girls as friends, doesnt drink beer, likes girly drinks, gets on super well with me and gives me major attention when we are together, always buying me drinks...the list goes on)

Well every time we caught up more and more suggestive stuff kept happening

1) buying drinks
2) lying in bed with me after big nights for big chats
3) putting me to bed etc.

We have a great connection and can chat for hours blah blah blah

Well at a wedding a few weeks ago we were getting really close and dancing together heaps...he asked to to go back to his room after the party (we were all staying at the hunter valley) before meeting everyone at the bar for the after party...that didnt happen because there was massive drama with the groom getting sick and needing an ambulance.....We had chatted after that and he admitted to me that he has feeling for me but its a massive deal for him to be feeling these thing and needed time to work things out and try and come to term with things.

Well this weekend He and I as well as two couples that are our friends went to Mudgee for a wine weekend. We all stayed at one of our friends parents place. Well we all went wine tasting yesterday and went out after a big BBQ party and when we got home (we were staying in the same room) we hooked up :oh:

ServeCaspian
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I like that story. :inlove:
Sounds like a great connection indeed. I only wonder if he said it was a really big deal for him because he was supposed to be straight once upon a time because it seems like he sorted things out pretty quickly. :lol:

Do you see this going anywhere or just taking it slow?

EDIT: Do you know if you are the first guy he's been seeing?

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Andy you deserve a movie deal :sobbing:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:18 PM
watching novak vs del po now live on my parents HD tv...it has surround sound too. OMFG THE SOUND IS EPIC

london seriously is the most amazing venue

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I was gonna buy a ticket to one of the matches, but to get a near enough decent seat the price was like £200 :sobbing:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Novak is so hot in HD :oh:

Хлоэ
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
how you guys can find Nole hot? :sobbing:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:31 PM
its probably his ass...and the fact he can bend like a pretzel that is more attractive to me :lol:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I don't find men hot at all, but theres just something about Nole that is :inlove:

I can't even describe it. He's my man crush and I've learnt to accept it.

I didn't get a hard on or anything when I met him and he touched my back though, so I guess I really am straight :sad:

But he's my dream guy, if I were to go off women.

omg this is classic :lol:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Del Po's power...is pure...sensational :bowdown:

Vartan
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Nole is a prick.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I don't think Nole is a prick, nor do I dislike Del Po. I'm kinda impartial tbh (the bitching and shade is for the WTA)

I tend to just watch and enjoy the ATP matches, at least the top 5 ones. Plus eye candy can't hurt can it? :oh:
excluding Andy in those yellow shorts

Vartan
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Can't hear you over the noise of 11 grand slams and 3 victories in a row.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Pretty sure if Rafa batted for the other team he'd be a bottom :oh:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8fcpmEOot1rw0ca5o1_1280.jpg

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 02:01 PM
gurls please, stop this unnecessary arguing.
both of them are great (hot in their own ways)

Vartan
Nov 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM
:spit: why should I be pressed when Nadal has dominated the tour since he was 17 and not just for 1 lucky year. We will see how things go down in '13.

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 02:04 PM
BBC commentators mentioned JJ + Ana's FED Cup loss :sobbing:

Vartan
Nov 11th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Because his knees had nothing to do with it.

Vartan
Nov 11th, 2012, 02:08 PM
You can't just link your computer files :hysteric:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 11th, 2012, 02:10 PM
You can't just link your computer files :hysteric:

i know, i forgot :sobbing: