PDA

View Full Version : NBA thread 2012-13

Pages : [1] 2

Invisible Fan
Oct 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
One week til the season starts :D

In the West with all due respect to OKC and the Spurs of most interest will be the Lakers and Clippers for me. The Clips added some quality though in some cases ancient talent and the Fakers finally got Dwight Howard. I look forward to their early season meeting.

In the East I hope the Brookyln Nets can do well in their new surroudings. Meantime Miami have added more depth with all-stars Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis coming in.

I'll be predictable and say Fakers vs Heat in the finals.

saul1333
Oct 27th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Lakers lost every pre-season game :lol:

Miami look like the favorites in the East. But I like what the Celtics have done with their bench: Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Leandro Barbosa, Jeff Green is back.

It will be funny on opening night at Miami v Boston when they get their rings. I like what JVG said about Ray: He should stand with the Celtics in his old uniform. :haha:

I will be predictable as well but will go Heat over Lakers in 6.

smarties
Oct 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Lakers lost every pre-season game :lol:

Miami look like the favorites in the East. But I like what the Celtics have done with their bench: Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Leandro Barbosa, Jeff Green is back.

It will be funny on opening night at Miami v Boston when they get their rings. I like what JVG said about Ray: He should stand with the Celtics in his old uniform. :haha:

I will be predictable as well but will go Heat over Lakers in 6.

Jumping the gun a little :lol:

saul1333
Oct 28th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Jumping the gun a little :lol:

Why not :lol:

Now that OKC traded Harden, I dont see them making the WCF.

Ryan
Oct 29th, 2012, 02:24 AM
One week til the season starts :D

In the West with all due respect to OKC and the Spurs of most interest will be the Lakers and Clippers for me. The Clips added some quality though in some cases ancient talent and the Fakers finally got Dwight Howard. I look forward to their early season meeting.

In the East I hope the Brookyln Nets can do well in their new surroudings. Meantime Miami have added more depth with all-stars Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis coming in.

I'll be predictable and say Fakers vs Heat in the finals.

We're going to be friends. :cool: Really think the Clips have a shot at conference finals, they just need to shore up their defence. Hope the Lakers lose early and often, as always. Never been a Howard fan, so its too bad I'll have to root against Nash.

Shocked at Harden being traded, don't think it helps OKC at all, and hurts them a little bit. Should be interesting to see what they're able to do in the first month or so, but they're still a big threat.

Anyone but Miami in the East, obviously...would like the Raptors to do well, think Brooklyn is being way overhyped and would do well to grab the 7/8 spot. Hope Rose heals up quickly and saves Chicago from being 'meh'.

gc-spurs
Oct 29th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I like the Clips and the Griff, but they will be downed by the Spurs somewhere in the post-season. The Lakers new combo are gonna fail. Miami will reach the finals again. Tim Duncan will have a mini resurgence. The Spurs management will be amazing. The Bobcats will win 10 games.

Invisible Fan
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I hope Patrick Mills can get some minutes this year :)
Bobcats can't get any worse surely :o

saul1333
Oct 30th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Regular season starts today!! :)

fantic
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:16 AM
OKC really shoud've won it last season :sobbing: (blame Harden?)

Any team except those Fellowship of the Rings, Heat and Lakers :o

Invisible Fan
Oct 31st, 2012, 08:08 AM
First televised game here: Spurs vs Hornets - not exactly a blockbuster :o

saul1333
Nov 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM
Lakers :facepalm: Losing to a Dirk-less Mavs. Mike Brown needs to go..his offense is terrible.

Super Dave
Nov 1st, 2012, 04:24 PM
The Pistons have continued last year's policy of leaving the arena after the 3rd quarter. :fiery:

Mynarco
Nov 1st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Hope Fakers crash out early in Playoffs, or simply fail to reach it

saul1333
Nov 1st, 2012, 04:43 PM
Hope Fakers crash out early in Playoffs, or simply fail to reach it

0-82

saul1333
Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Westbrick :help: 6/21

aAia7sXMBLE

Ryan
Nov 2nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
OKC are going to pay for losing Harden I think. :o Awful, awful trade. Still early to say they'll have a bad season, but I just don't like this.

NoppaNoppa
Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:54 PM
Are Minnesota Timberwolves Too White? (http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201210/are-minnesota-timberwolves-too-white)

Timberwolves will have an opening-day roster comprising just 33 percent black players (five out of 15).

ico4498
Nov 3rd, 2012, 12:17 AM
go Rockets!

hellas719
Nov 3rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
NYK took out the trash :cheer:

Invisible Fan
Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:44 AM
go Rockets!

Harden :worship:
Fakers fabulous start continues :lol:

Ryan
Nov 3rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
WD Clips for taking out the (other, non-Heat) trash. :cool:

Mynarco
Nov 3rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Good to see Trash get taken out :inlove:

saul1333
Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Bobcats won their opener :aparty:

Lakers :o win a game please.

young_gunner913
Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
Anyone but Miami in the East, obviously...would like the Raptors to do well, think Brooklyn is being way overhyped and would do well to grab the 7/8 spot. Hope Rose heals up quickly and saves Chicago from being 'meh'.

You still mad bro? :cool:

saul1333
Nov 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Mike Brown has been fired.

ico4498
Nov 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM
another victim of the Kobe death stare ...

http://i.imgur.com/17Zf0.jpg

Gundy(s) & D'antoni available.

saul1333
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:01 PM

Maybe just one of them :lol:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m20qnrRFrx1qcmnsoo1_500.gif

D'antoni would fix that 'offense' they have had this season. But they still dont play defense. Just bring back Phil :worship:

ico4498
Nov 9th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Maybe just one of them :lol:

:lol: you're right, that would be awkward! still such poetic justice ...

Phil? would love that just for the drama!

saul1333
Nov 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Did the Lakers run a fast break last night :crazy:

:haha:
zXVp6aatWp0

:lol: you're right, that would be awkward! still such poetic justice ...

Phil? would love that just for the drama!

Crowd was chanting 'We want Phil' :lol:

Super Dave
Nov 12th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Mike Brown has been fired.

another victim of the Kobe death stare ...

http://i.imgur.com/17Zf0.jpg

:lol:

D'Antoni hired.

Will the Pistons go 0-82?

saul1333
Nov 12th, 2012, 05:17 PM
:lol:

D'Antoni hired.

Bad fit. Phil might have been on.

Cant wait until Dwight starts shooting 3s :lol:

saul1333
Nov 15th, 2012, 02:50 PM

Dang :(

But Wizards are 0-7 again :lol:

saul1333
Nov 15th, 2012, 03:57 PM
:spit:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2012/11/14/bynumhair-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a 4ec

Invisible Fan
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Barkley: Nets will still be better than Knicks
November, 16, 2012

By Mike Mazzeo |
ESPNNewYork.com

The New York Knicks’ 6-0 start hasn’t changed Charles Barkley’s mind.

The TNT analyst still believes the Nets will be the top team in New York City by season’s end.

“The Brooklyn Nets will have a better record than the New York Knicks,” Barkley said during Friday morning edition of Inside the NBA.

Before the season started, Barkley referred the Nets as “the best team in New York.”

“If it was 2000, I would make the New York Knicks the favorite to win the NBA championship,” Barkley said.

The Nets are 5-2. Meanwhile, the Knicks won their first six games of the season for just the second time in franchise history.

saul1333
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I will be sad when Chuck leaves TNT. He is the best part of that show.

saul1333
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:01 PM
Reggie Evans first to get fined for flopping :haha:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/11/21/reggie-evans-makes-nba-history/

Flavia P.
Nov 21st, 2012, 10:17 PM
Reggie will keep flopping until he's suspended multiple times since that's one of his only attributes to contribute on court.

Super Dave
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Here's a shot from the Pistons / Raptors game the night after Thanksgiving. Good back and forth game between 2 horrible teams :lol: Bargnani torched us for 34 but Detroit held on to win 91-90.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8481/pistonsraptors.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/pistonsraptors.jpg/)

Flavia P.
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Great shot!

Detroit really is a poor team, and I expected them to take a step up this season. At least they're not the Wizards :sad:

Super Dave
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Great shot!

Detroit really is a poor team, and I expected them to take a step up this season. At least they're not the Wizards :sad:

They were cheap $15 tickets (on sale) but I had 5 people to take, so the price was right. Plus it was a last minute plan.

I like the upper deck seats (first few rows) because they're steeper and you don't have someone's head in your face. Plus kids can see better for that reason.

Dumars swears this team has incredible potential and worked crazy hard this offseason, and I know they're in rebuilding mode so I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. But it's going to be another lean year. They have some very young players. But who knows; maybe it will be like the early 2000s when they were forming a nucleus.

This town is lunacy when things are good (mid-2000's) but as you can see, you could shoot a cannon through the Palace and they're discounting tickets. The new owner has to be a bit impatient and I wonder how long Dumars will retain his job...

Flavia P.
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:48 PM
They were cheap $15 tickets (on sale) but I had 5 people to take, so the price was right. Plus it was a last minute plan. That's awesome! :yeah:

I like the upper deck seats (first few rows) because they're steeper and you don't have someone's head in your face. Plus kids can see better for that reason. I get too scared about falling to sit in the upper deck seats :lol: :tape:

Dumars swears this team has incredible potential and worked crazy hard this offseason, and I know they're in rebuilding mode so I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. But it's going to be another lean year. They have some very young players. But who knows; maybe it will be like the early 2000s when they were forming a nucleus.

This town is lunacy when things are good (mid-2000's) but as you can see, you could shoot a cannon through the Palace and they're discounting tickets. The new owner has to be a bit impatient and I wonder how long Dumars will retain his job...The Pistons do have some good young talent. They finished last season at around a .500 pace after a horrible start, so I expected that to continue through this season. The problem with the Pistons is a lack of consistent outside shooting and lack of defense. Last year the Pistons were like 28th in defense and they're around the same this season. Detroit really could use a bigger guard because Knight, Stuckey, English, Bynum are all not really big. They don't have a defensive presence on the wing.

Drummond developing would be huge, too, because they don't have a rim protector. Monroe really isn't suited to defend centers.

Dumars hurt the team by giving the keys to Stuckey and trading away Billups for Iverson. That Pistons team was declining (the Billups-Hamilton-Wallace team), but the move Dumars made was a desperation move, Iverson ruined team chemistry and Stuckey got forced into a lead role before he was ready. Then they signed Gordon and Villanueva with the cap space they received post-Billups trade. And the Pistons haven't recovered. They don't have an identity as a team. But I'd like to see them good again and see people go back to their games. Detroit sports fans definitely are loyal to their winning teams.

Flavia P.
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Andrew Bynum doesn't really care about basketball. The Lakers always make out of trades perfectly, it's amazing how saavy their organization is at making the correct moves at the correct times. Bynum may not play this year and will lose millions. Another big man bust it appears.

ico4498
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Andrew Bynum doesn't really care about basketball. The Lakers always make out of trades perfectly, it's amazing how saavy their organization is at making the correct moves at the correct times. Bynum may not play this year and will lose millions. Another big man bust it appears.

perhaps its savvy, perhaps you'll always look great if Dwight Howard lands in your lap like legacy.

no way they're rid of Bynum w/o the very fortunate acquisition of Dwight. savvy or no ...

saul1333
Nov 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Wizards no longer winless :bounce:

Rondo punking Humphries :yeah:
kxNFSvvtao0

Invisible Fan
Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Wizards :worship:
Spurs fined a quarter of a million dollars for not taking some of their stars to Miami - and still almost won the game :o

saul1333
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Wizards :worship:
Spurs fined a quarter of a million dollars for not taking some of their stars to Miami - and still almost won the game :o

Probably would have fined them more if they won :lol: That was a big FU from Pop to the schedule makers :bowdown:

Will the Wizards get fined for not starting their...oh wait :oh:

Frederik
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Magic beat the Fakers. :lol:

Talk about a perfect birthday present. :cool:

saul1333
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Heat lose to the Bullets :haha:

Hornets will change their name to Pelicans
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/8713391/hornets-become-pelicans

Wert.
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Washington :bowdown:

Finally a loss for Miami. About time :o :woohoo:

Flavia P.
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Wizards always play up to competition. Miami, Boston, Lakers. It's just the other about 24-25 teams they can't do anything with :lol:

Lakers are really struggling on the road this season. Things are not getting better on either side of the ball. Nash needs to come back to see what the issue is, and if this team can be salvaged. Kobe is playing awesome basketball but it's for nothing.

saul1333
Dec 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM
30,000 :worship:

ico4498
Dec 7th, 2012, 02:21 AM
yes, premature with less than 20 games played. but fakers?

WTF happened?!

Invisible Fan
Dec 7th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I change my pick - Knicks for the NBA Finals - only joking :o
A word for my favourite team the Warriors. We will enjoy being above the Fakers in the Pacific division while it lasts :)

saul1333
Dec 7th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Knicks looking good, hopefully they can repeat that result in the playoffs :drool:

Super Dave
Dec 7th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Can't believe Sheeeeeeeed is back and looking so good.

Frederik
Dec 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Knicks looking good, hopefully they can repeat that result in the playoffs :drool:

not with Amare and Melo :lol:

saul1333
Dec 7th, 2012, 04:21 PM
not with Amare and Melo :lol:

Is Amare still on the Knicks? :lol:

I think when he comes back he will mess with the flow.

saul1333
Dec 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Is there any player funnier than Javale McGee? :haha:

bIzDVFM50ok

Frederik
Dec 10th, 2012, 05:16 PM
9-12 :lol:

Just looked at Lin's stats. I'm surprised they're that good. Expected them to be even worse at the start of the season. :lol:

Invisible Fan
Dec 12th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Fakers :worship:
I said they would make the finals - now the question is will they even make the playoffs :o

saul1333
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:57 PM
To the Cavs :facepalm:

1-10 :help:

saul1333
Dec 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM
In a close game against the Generals :o

Flavia P.
Dec 15th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Kobe is one of the worst off-ball defenders I've seen in a while. He completely loses his man often.

saul1333
Dec 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM
Nuggets went 0-22 from 3-point range last night. NBA record :cheer:

Also went 1-32 from outside the paint :lol:

Flavia P.
Dec 21st, 2012, 04:28 PM
If the Nuggets would have shot simply below average and not historically poor, they would have won the game. Portland made 35% of shots overall :lol:

Invisible Fan
Dec 23rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
Lakers beat My Warriors :sad:
Nash was back for LAL.
Now for the Christmas games: LAL-Knicks and Heat-Thunder :boxing:

Flavia P.
Dec 23rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Kobe was 16/41 from the field. Not good, but Nash's presence helped the Lakers play quicker. Metta had a nice game. The Lakers' schedule has eased up recently and helped them win some games. We'll see if they look better against an elite team.

Invisible Fan
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Are you saying the Warriors aren't elite? :fiery: :lol:

Flavia P.
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
Yes :oh:

Invisible Fan
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
I am deeply offended :)
The Lakers record says they aren't an elite team either!

Flavia P.
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
The Lakers aren't an elite team :lol:

The Warriors are on the level below the very top. OKC, SA, LAC, MIA and NYK are the elite teams.

Invisible Fan
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
The Knicks have to prove it in the playoffs

Flavia P.
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Disastrous West coast road trip for the Bobcats. They've given up over 100 points in like 18 straight games and are on a 15 game losing streak. They have probably the worst defense since those ultra-small Warriors teams Don Nelson coached.

Flavia P.
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
The Knicks have to prove it in the playoffs
Yes, and they need to keep it up when Amare gets back. But as of right now, they've beaten virtually every elite team and don't lose to bad ones. They're very good. Don't turn the ball over, hit 3's and Chandler has been awesome.

saul1333
Dec 23rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
He was taking the shots Pau and Dwight should have been making :lol:

But he was much better in the 4th and OT. Great comeback :)

Ryan
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Clips straight killin them. :bowdown:

Ryan
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Also, really impressed with the Knicks so far - experts were all sucking up to the Nets, and they've clearly been much better than them, not to mention one of the top 4 teams in the league.

Flavia P.
Dec 24th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I like the Clippers, but I wanted the Suns to win yesterday :tears:

13 game winning streak for the Clippers. Their defense is simply awesome right now. DeAndre Jordan is a huge force, and CP3 is playing great on both ends of the floor.

Flavia P.
Dec 24th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Dirk came back last night, but the Mavs still got destroyed in San Antonio and gave up 129 points :lol: 20 three pointers made by the Spurs.

Mavericks are going to have a hard time making the playoffs this season.

saul1333
Dec 24th, 2012, 04:55 PM
What happened to the Bobcats? Started well then lost 15 in a row. They will have to outsuck the Bullets if they are trying to get the #1 pick again :lol:

Flavia P.
Dec 24th, 2012, 04:59 PM
They only beat one team with a winning record out of their 7 early wins :oh:

saul1333
Dec 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Last year they did that only one time as well :haha:

saul1333
Dec 25th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Christmas day games :bounce:

AlissonValerio
Dec 25th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Really enjoying the Knicks this season.

Flavia P.
Dec 25th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Nets looked bad. Celtics played stingy defense today. Sullinger was automatic with the mid-range jumper. I thought he'd be a bust in the NBA but he's played well.

Rondo hit some perimeter jumpers. It was interesting to see the Celtics use Pierce as the facilitator today and have Rondo be the scorer. Deron was not good at all today on either side of the ball.

I think the Nets are a questionable playoff team. I knew they were way overrated and had them pegged as a 6th seed, but unless Deron pulls his game together, that may be generous.

AlissonValerio
Dec 25th, 2012, 07:57 PM
C'mon Knicks!!!!

Invisible Fan
Dec 28th, 2012, 04:56 AM
The Nets have fired Avery Johnson. Will Phil Jackson replace him?

Frederik
Jan 1st, 2013, 01:49 PM
Dwight who? :scratch: :oh:

saul1333
Jan 1st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Bobcats finally end the 18 loss streak. Built a lead, lost it then finally pulled it out :lol:

Invisible Fan
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:24 PM
The Clippers beat the Lakers again. Still a lot of Lakers fans in the building.
The Clippers nearly blew a big lead.

saul1333
Jan 6th, 2013, 01:39 AM
I refuse to accept the Lakers will miss the playoffs :help:

thomwalao
Jan 6th, 2013, 02:22 AM
I like what JVG said about Ray: He should stand with the Celtics in his old uniform. http://www.dvxs.info/a11.jpghttp://www.dvxs.info/k2.jpg

saul1333
Jan 7th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Lakers fans: any explanations? :o

ico4498
Jan 13th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Lakers fans: any explanations? :o

not being facetious, i'd like to hear laker fans' take.

time is bad with me this season i'm struggling just to keep up with my Rockets. i've only seen two of our games against LA's former finest. hard to say much with such a tiny sample. Kobe tried too hard, Gasol disappears, Nash can't defend younger pgs (dee was never his strong suit). they seemed a lock for at least conference finals when Howard fell in their lap ...??

what gives LA?

saul1333
Jan 16th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Lakers are BACK!!

2-0 :lol:

Invisible Fan
Jan 19th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Top vote-getter Kobe earns record 15th straight All-Star trip
Official release
Posted Jan 17, 2013 7:14 PM

NEW YORK -- The Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant (1,591,437) edged the Miami Heat's LeBron James (1,583,646) as this year's leading vote-getter in the 2013 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by Sprint, earning his record 15th consecutive All-Star nod. Bryant breaks a tie with Jerry West, Karl Malone and Shaquille O'Neal for the most consecutive NBA All-Star selections. A four-time Kia NBA All-Star MVP (2002, 2007, 2009 and 2011), Bryant holds the distinction as the youngest All-Star in NBA history (1998, when he was 19 years old). In last year's All-Star Game in Orlando, he passed Michael Jordan as the game's all-time scoring leader.

The 62nd NBA All-Star Game will be played at the Toyota Center in Houston on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013 (8 p.m. ET), televised exclusively on TNT and broadcast exclusively on ESPN Radio in the U.S. The All-Star Game will reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 languages.

Bryant's partner at the guard position in the Western Conference starting lineup is the Los Angeles Clippers' Chris Paul (929,155). The West's starting frontcourt features the Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant (1,504,047), the reigning Kia NBA All-Star MVP, the Lakers' Dwight Howard (922,070), and the Clippers' Blake Griffin (863,832).

Joining James, a two-time Kia NBA All-Star MVP (2006, 2008), in the Eastern Conference frontcourt are the New York Knicks' Carmelo Anthony (1,460,950) and the Boston Celtics' Kevin Garnett (553,222), the 2003 Kia NBA All-Star MVP. The East guards are the Heat's Dwyane Wade (1,052,310), the 2010 Kia NBA All-Star MVP, and the Celtics' Rajon Rondo (924,180), who earns his first All-Star Game start. Garnett's selection, his 15th, ties him with Bryant and O'Neal for the second-most All-Star Game nods in league annals. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was elected to 19 games.

The 2013 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by Sprint, which concluded Jan. 14, gave fans around the world the opportunity to vote daily for their favorite players as starters for the 2013 NBA All-Star Game in Houston. For the first time, NBA fans were able to vote via social media networks, including Facebook and Twitter, and Sina Weibo and Tencent QQ in China.

In selecting the reserves, the 30 NBA head coaches must vote for seven players within their conference, including two guards, three frontcourt players and two players regardless of position. Coaches are not permitted to vote for players on their team. After the coaches select the reserves, if a player is unable to participate in the All-Star Game, NBA Commissioner David Stern will select a replacement. Reserves will be announced Jan. 24, on TNT.

The East and West All-Star coaches and coaching staffs will be determined by the best record in the conference through games played Feb. 3. Thunder coach Scott Brooks and the Chicago Bulls' Tom Thibodeau, by virtue of having served as head coaches in the 2012 All-Star Game in Orlando, are not eligible to coach in this year's game.

TNT will televise the All-Star Game for an 11th consecutive year, marking Turner Sports' 29th year of All-Star coverage. State Farm All-Star Saturday Night will feature Sears Shooting Stars, Taco Bell Skills Challenge, Foot Locker Three-Point Contest and Sprite Slam Dunk. Other events at NBA All-Star 2013 will include the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, NBA Development League All-Star Game, Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game and NBA All-Star Jam Session. Houston also hosted NBA All-Star in 2006 and 1989.

Invisible Fan
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Somebody wake the Celtics up - they might join the Lakers in the draft lottery :o

saul1333
Jan 28th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Lakers win, Heat lose :cheer:

Rondo out for the season, torn ACL :o

Invisible Fan
Feb 8th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Somebody wake the Celtics up - they might join the Lakers in the draft lottery :o

Obviously losing Rondo was a key to them winning again :o

saul1333
Feb 8th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Obviously losing Rondo was a key to them winning again :o

Other players stepping up. But they will feel the impact in the play offs

Invisible Fan
Feb 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Even with Rondo it's hard to see them beating Miami. But they can still compete with most of the rest of the East.

saul1333
Feb 8th, 2013, 02:55 PM
East is all Heat. The other 7 seeds are basically Rock-Paper-Scissors to make the final. With maybe the Pacers and Knicks the favorites.

Invisible Fan
Feb 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Brooklyn! :)

iWill
Feb 8th, 2013, 07:35 PM
When Derrick Rose comes back to the Bulls its over for everyone in the league :yeah:

Invisible Fan
Feb 11th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Miami win Finals preview vs Fakers :o

Mynarco
Feb 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Will Fakers make it to Playoffs?

saul1333
Feb 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM
They will be lucky to get 7th or 8th seed and will be bounced by OKC or the Spurs.

Frederik
Feb 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM
**** them. Even if they make the playoffs... they'll just get raped by the Spurs.

btw: Magic won a game :eek: :facepalm:

saul1333
Feb 15th, 2013, 03:26 PM
What does everyone think of the Peak LeBron right now?

Media going a bit too far with the MJ comparisons.

iWill
Feb 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM
What does everyone think of the Peak LeBron right now?

Media going a bit too far with the MJ comparisons.

Way too far. And apparently Lebron doesn't want to be compared to MJ, and frankly he shouldn't because he comes up short in virtually every category. I don't think its coincidence that Mike said he'd pick Kobe over Lebron in an interview a few days ago. I'm not a fan of Kobe at all but if anyone's name, currently playing, can be uttered in the same breath as Michael Jordan its Kobe Bryant and even he comes up pretty damn short.

saul1333
Feb 15th, 2013, 03:54 PM
I don't think its coincidence that Mike said he'd pick Kobe over Lebron in an interview a few days ago.

But he also drafted Kwame Brown :lol:

Yeah the message of: Im not MJ, Im LJ.

Frederik
Feb 15th, 2013, 03:57 PM

That's a different story :lol:

Best player of all time but also the worst owner of all time.

iWill
Feb 15th, 2013, 04:34 PM

LOL Right he is a horrible owner but most great players don't become great coaches or owners

ico4498
Feb 16th, 2013, 04:35 AM

Sterling still has him beat by a mile ...

saul1333
Feb 16th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Best part of the Rising Stars game :worship:

BBuIjU4nKVY

10s

Invisible Fan
Feb 16th, 2013, 04:51 PM
How about Usain Bolt's dunk? :D

saul1333
Feb 16th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Didnt see the celebrity game.

Yesterday Bolt was asked if he could play, he answered: "I can dunk" :lol:

Invisible Fan
Feb 16th, 2013, 05:19 PM
It was about the only interesting thing that happened in the whole game. Although Kevin Hart was funny - MVP with 5 points :o

ico4498
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:01 PM
nba.com (http://www.nba.com/hoop/the_201213_nba_halftime_award_2013_02_13.html) mid term report.

Tier One: San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder, Miami Heat

Tier Two: Los Angeles Clippers, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, Denver Nuggets, Memphis Grizzlies, Chicago Bulls, Boston Celtics

Tier Three: Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Lakers, Milwaukee Bucks, Brooklyn Nets, Utah Jazz, Dallas Mavericks, New Orleans Hornets, Portland Trail Blazers, Philadelphia 76ers, Toronto Raptors, Minnesota Timberwolves

Tier Four: Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, Cleveland Cavaliers, Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings, Orlando Magic, Charlotte Bobcats.

a bit surprised to see my Rockets at tier 2 ... but also surprised to see the youngest starting 5 in the league contending for a playoff spot in the tough western conference.

iWill
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM
All Star Game MVP?

Melo if the East win.

Durantula if the West win.

Frederik
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:22 PM
The most boring weekend of the year is almost over :yawn:

Archer16
Feb 18th, 2013, 02:58 AM
I'm probably in a minority here but my favorite part of the all-star weekend has almost always been the 3 point shooting contest.
This year's was great and the 23-20 final between Kyrie Irving and Matt Bonner was probably a record for total points.
The overall record of 25 looked to be under threat (and could have been tied with the last colored ball) after Irving opened with 17/18 (for 20 points) but that is not the record for "best start" either, which will probably stay with Bulls' Craig Hodges (in 1991) for many years - 19 in a row (cleared 3 racks and the 4th up to the colored ball, but "only" scored 2 points on the final rack to end up with 24).
BTW, a well-known piece of trivia is that birthday boy MJ shares the record for least points scored with 5/30 :oh:

But of course the pivotal point of the whole contest was in the first round, when Irving's 4th colored ball was clearly short but somehow bounced twice and literally willed itself in :D
He had only 11 at that point and wouldn't have made the final without making this shot.

The dunk contest had some nice ones between the legs and stuff but there is very little to do there that haven't been done before.
Ironically, the most original one was Gerald Green's two in one after cutting the net - but it was off-competition after time expired :[
The winner and I have the same last name so that's cool :cool: Sadly I can't dunk to save my life :lol:

As for "the main event", it is little more than a glorified practice :yawn:
For that kind of show, the Trotters are better.

saul1333
Feb 18th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Jerry Buss passes away

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/sports/basketball/jerry-buss-longtime-lakers-owner-is-dead-at-80.html?_r=0

RIP

Invisible Fan
Feb 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Stephen Curry torches the Knicks :worship:
Warriors still lose :sad:

saul1333
Feb 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM

He was AMAZING!!

That turn over at the end :o

ico4498
Mar 1st, 2013, 01:24 AM
Jerry Buss passes away

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/sports/basketball/jerry-buss-longtime-lakers-owner-is-dead-at-80.html?_r=0

RIP

RIP

ico4498
Mar 1st, 2013, 01:29 AM

O70rVNKIUGE

amazing, but nicer when you win.

*JR*
Mar 1st, 2013, 02:43 AM
The Sixers' playoff hopes are like ova, 5.5 games out for the 8th spot in the East. As "franchise" center Andrew Bynum has been out with a knee injury all year (and by now probably is done for the season) its not too surprising.

The SAS have stolen OKC's err, Thunder :tape: as the top seed in the West for now; and if the playoffs started today, the Mavs would be the only Texas team not in the postseason. :oh: Mark Cuban better rebuild fast, or he'll be Jerry Jones II. :help:

Maybe the Clippers or the Nets will finally become the 3rd ex-ABA team (after the Rockets and the Spurs) to win an NBA title. :scratch:

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

Invisible Fan
Mar 1st, 2013, 06:00 AM
Not sure if Houston played in the ABA actually?:confused:

fantic
Mar 1st, 2013, 06:14 AM
Thx for the youtube link, saw Curry for the 1st time methink, he looks like Drazen Petrovic, shooting with ease :lol:

Invisible Fan
Mar 1st, 2013, 06:40 AM
We should have a campaign to get the Warriors on TV more :)

*JR*
Mar 1st, 2013, 01:52 PM
Not sure if Houston played in the ABA actually?:confused:

Oh, my bad. Their first 4 years (as the San Diego Rockets, '67 thru '70) were as an NBA expansion team. I loved the red, white, and blue ABA basketball, where it was easy 2C the spin.

The ABA also introduced the 3-point line, then 25 feet, not the present 22' 9". Various NBA legends (like Moses Malone and err, Alex Stevenson's Daddy) :tape: first became famous in that league.

saul1333
Mar 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Ir2TdfSwH8g

Mynarco
Mar 1st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Rockets :o GET IT TOGETHER

Invisible Fan
Mar 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Oh, my bad. Their first 4 years (as the San Diego Rockets, '67 thru '70) were as an NBA expansion team. I loved the red, white, and blue ABA basketball, where it was easy 2C the spin.

The ABA also introduced the 3-point line, then 25 feet, not the present 22' 9". Various NBA legends (like Moses Malone and err, Alex Stevenson's Daddy) :tape: first became famous in that league.

Also the dunk contest debuted in the ABA. Amongst other notable players were Rick Barry and George Gervin.

ico4498
Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Rockets :o GET IT TOGETHER

nothing cures losing like a trip to the Magic ...

Frederik
Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:32 AM
nothing cures losing like a trip to the Magic ...

:cool:

Harris with a pretty good game. 27 points :)

iWill
Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:01 AM
WTF is Lebron doing tonight? :banghead:

Invisible Fan
Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:35 AM
It looked like he was going to fail to score in double figures for the first time in 5 or 6 years.
But he did hit the big shot at the end :)

*JR*
Mar 3rd, 2013, 03:48 AM
C_0fyUYB3cA

ReboundAce
Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
C_0fyUYB3cA

Dikembe ::bounce:

ico4498
Mar 6th, 2013, 02:55 AM
:cool:

Harris with a pretty good game. 27 points :)

Harris defended by our new pf tandem. he made the most of the opportunity.

C_0fyUYB3cA

luv Deke but the ad doesn't have much crossover appeal. thanks for posting though!

ico4498
Mar 6th, 2013, 03:04 AM
their season is on the mend & OKC is a quality team but still amazing to watch the uber collection of Laker talent under achieve.

Invisible Fan
Mar 6th, 2013, 02:56 PM
The T-Wolves get in on the Harlem Shake :D

q5Zxqnf843Q

Archer16
Mar 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
The T-Wolves get in on the Harlem Shake :D

q5Zxqnf843Q
I'm very far from being a Miami fan, but theirs was funny (even if reminiscent of the forefather of all these, the '85 Bears "Superbowl Shuffle"), and this "mocking" was unbelievably lame :ras: :no:

Invisible Fan
Mar 9th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Deron Williams hit 9 threes in a half vs the Wizards :worship:
Meanwhile the Lakers are trying to epically fail - but might stumble into the playoffs :o

Archer16
Mar 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Deron Williams hit 9 threes in a half vs the Wizards :worship:
Meanwhile the Lakers are trying to epically fail - but might stumble into the playoffs :o
Kobe has the team on his back. The 3 treys - two of them as contested as they come - he made in the last minute against Toronto deserve a :worship: as well. The cross-over dunk to win OT was the icing on the cake.
And back-to-back 40 points, 10 assists is something he never did before. In fact, the last Laker to do it was Jerry West in 1970.

Invisible Fan
Mar 14th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Heat moving up the longest ever win streak charts :)
Lakers finally start playing well and now Kobe's hurt :o

*JR*
Mar 16th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Heat moving up the longest ever win streak charts :)
Lakers finally start playing well and now Kobe's hurt :o

AFAIK, the Heat are now tied with the '70-'71 Bucks (of Kareem @ C and The Big O @ PG) for the second longest winning streak ever with 20; but are a long way from the alltime record of 33, set by the '71-'72 Lakers (led by Wilt in the post, with Jerry West as the "QB"). A position then called playmaker, not point guard in the media, BTW.

So tonight Miami can pass the Bucks in their building. (IIRC, neither Bulls record setting regular season team had that long a winning streak). Both of the early 70's powerhouses above went on to win the title that year.

It won't be easy for Miami to defend the title though. While they're the only Eastern Conference squad with a winning record against opponents that are .500 or better on the season, the top 5 teams in the West are currently in that category; all in fact having won ova 60% or better against such opponents:

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/type/expanded

Edit: thx for the correction below; and I misstated above that the Bulls had 2 record setting regular season squads; in fact their 2nd Championship team was "only" 67-15 (3rd best ever then) so their later 72-10 title squad was the only one to set that record.

==================================================

Frederik
Mar 16th, 2013, 12:51 AM
The Rockets won 22 consecutive games in 2007-08 ;)

Invisible Fan
Mar 16th, 2013, 08:44 AM
That Rockets streak seems so random - no shame in forgetting it :p
To tie Houston they need to beat Toronto then the big game at Boston.

iWill
Mar 17th, 2013, 07:06 PM
The Rockets won 22 consecutive games in 2007-08 ;)

Such a random streak by Houston. Is this the year the lost 1st round of playoffs? :lol:

I'm just going to say now...... I will STILL be surprised if Miami repeats this season.

winone23
Mar 18th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Come back strong MELO :sad::sad:

Invisible Fan
Mar 19th, 2013, 02:56 AM
The streak LIVES :worship:

Miami were down 17 in the first half, about 10 with 7 minutes to go.
Also surviving Jeff Green's 43 points! :eek:

2nd longest streak in NBA history :D

Frederik
Mar 19th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Such a random streak by Houston. Is this the year the lost 1st round of playoffs? :lol:

Yup. They lost to the mighty Utah Jazz as the #5 seed (with home court advantage). :lol:

Frederik
Mar 19th, 2013, 03:56 AM
I honestly don't care who wins the title this year. As long as it's not Dwight Howard and his Fakers.

iWill
Mar 28th, 2013, 12:48 AM
C'mon CHICAGO!!!!!

iWill
Mar 28th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Miami lost:eek:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/221/full/kbzgpcg1efl3ckze0a40g8jjs.gif

ico4498
Apr 1st, 2013, 01:09 AM
LeBron and Wade "injured" & M.I.A. for today's game v SAS. nothing suspicious there ...

ico4498
Apr 1st, 2013, 01:14 AM
Such a random streak by Houston.

not so random. Yao & Tracy healthy together on court won at gaudy rate. problem was keeping them healthy.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 1st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Ya'all follow NCAA Basketball? I have always preferred it to NBA

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

iWill
Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Ya'all follow NCAA Basketball? I have always preferred it to NBA

I still love college basketball but I like NBA much more now than I used to. College to me, is a bit harder to follow through the season because you know which teams are supposed to be good and make deep runs in the tournament but March Madness is a big enough draw that I only really pay attention to my alma mater and then from February to the tournament. I think the rule making players go to college for just 1 year is sort of counter-productive. It makes good college teams hard to come by because everyone is looking to go to the NBA after just 1 season. If they make players go to college they should make it be for 2 years instead of just 1. That way kids can at least attain enough credits to earn an associates in they get a serious career ending injury and it make the recruiting a little less taxing each year. If they don't want to go to college they could just go overseas and play that seems to work for those that really just want to start making real money sooner.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Depends on the school. Some are better at retaining their players then others. The schools that are most successful have programs that encourage that.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:46 PM
I am thinking Michigan, Duke, North Carolina, Wake Forest are all good at retaining players.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:48 PM
But I agree that the ability to exit early is not great. 4 years in a major program gives you an oppurtunity to develop as a player and mature as a person. Though I can't blame the players when they are having that money thrown at them. For that, you can blame the NBA

Invisible Fan
Apr 4th, 2013, 02:23 AM
In Tennis you can earn money at 14 or whatever so I don't think you can say the NBA is doing anything wrong really. They even brought that rule in about playing a year of college before you enter the NBA.

I never got into college sports - as far as I'm aware their is nothing like it in most other countries certainly not here (Australia).

Barrie_Dude
Apr 4th, 2013, 02:38 AM
I am just saying that with the NBA offering these kids a truckload of money, of course they are going to bite more often then not.
And I think that the tennis folks strongly discourage 14 yr olds from turning pro after several bad experiences. Rarely do we even see anyone on your full time at 16

iWill
Apr 4th, 2013, 05:20 AM
NBA used to allow you to be 18 and then you could enter the draft right out of high school but the rule was created after David Stern didn't want to encourage students to skip college. Its a dumb rule however because Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett,Tracy McGrady, Dwight Howard, JR Smith, Lebron James and so many other great players came to the NBA and skipped college. Forcing students to go for just 1 year in my opinion hurts college basketball because kids stay their mandatory year and leave the college program left with filling their spot on the roster. I don't think I can blame the players at all but I just think if they made players go to college it should be for something more meaningful than 1 year.

Now back onto this season who's team isn't in the playoffs?? This is the time the NBA is at its best honestly. :bounce:

Barrie_Dude
Apr 4th, 2013, 05:23 AM
NCAA rocks

iWill
Apr 4th, 2013, 05:33 AM
NCAA rocks

Get out the NBA thread with all that! :haha:

Invisible Fan
Apr 4th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Now back onto this season who's team isn't in the playoffs?? This is the time the NBA is at its best honestly. :bounce:

Who's going to make it out of the Lakers and the Jazz? :o

Barrie_Dude
Apr 4th, 2013, 09:06 AM
The Lakers need to do it for Dr Jerry

Invisible Fan
Apr 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
A Spurs/Lakers 1st round series is not unappealing :)
Still based on this season the Lakers will probably find a way to fuck it up!

Barrie_Dude
Apr 4th, 2013, 09:12 AM
The Spurs are a very good team

Invisible Fan
Apr 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Yes although they haven't fared too well (relatively speaking) in recent playoffs. Oklahoma are strong also.

Invisible Fan
Apr 13th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Magic Johnson says the Lakers will beat the Spurs in the playoffs if the Lakers make it.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 13th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Have to love Magic

iWill
Apr 13th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Magic Johnson says the Lakers will beat the Spurs in the playoffs if the Lakers make it.

:lol: he's the most loyal to his former team of ANY retired player I've seen, if he's still on payroll I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh BTW anyone see the Bulls stop another winning streak??? It's gonna be trouble trouble once Derrick Rose is ready to come back.

ico4498
Apr 13th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Magic was a part owner of the Lakers for many years ...

Barrie_Dude
Apr 13th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Yes and now he is part owner of the Dodgers. He is, far away, my favorite player. I loved watching the man play. He was incredibile

Invisible Fan
Apr 13th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Kobe seriously injured - the Lakers can't catch a break.
Every time they started to look good this season someone goes down. Magic's prediction won't happen now :o

ico4498
Apr 14th, 2013, 10:17 PM
^^wasted experiment on duhwhite if he can't lead the troops to the playoffs sans Kobe.

Number19
Apr 16th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Utah won last night. Lakers still not guaranteed playoffs.

Utah plays the Grizzlies at 8 EST Wednesday, and the Lakers play the Rockets at 10:30 EST.

What will happen?

Will the Lakers game be irrelevant or will they have to win to get in?

iWill
Apr 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Utah won last night. Lakers still not guaranteed playoffs.

Utah plays the Grizzlies at 8 EST Wednesday, and the Lakers play the Rockets at 10:30 EST.

What will happen?

Will the Lakers game be irrelevant or will they have to win to get in?

Grizzlies match up well with Utah but I think the Jazz are going to win their game because Memphis has no reason to really care about the game. Lakers are going to have to win out to make the playoffs, but not sure if they will beat Houston.

Invisible Fan
Apr 17th, 2013, 06:26 PM
The Spurs signed Tracy McGrady. Either an inspired move or a desperate one :)

iWill
Apr 18th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Welp I was wrong. Now only question is if Lakers get the 7 or 8 seed. I hope they get the 7 seed and play the Spurs.

Invisible Fan
Apr 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I expected more from the Celtics :o

iWill
Apr 24th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I expected more from the Celtics :o

Why? I wont be surprised if they get swept or lose in 5 games to the Knicks. They don't have Rondo and when you don't have key players you're in a world of trouble come playoff time.

iWill
Apr 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Wanna make predictions since we technically haven't done that yet for the playoffs??

EAST 1st Round
Miami v. Milwaukee (MIA 4-0)

New York v. Boston (NYK 4-1)

Atlanta v. Indiana (IND 4-2)

Brooklyn v. Chicago (CHI 4-3)

West 1st Round

OKC v. Houston (OKC 4-2)

San Antonio v. LA Lakers (SAS 4-1)

Denver v. Golden State (GSW 4-2)

LA Clippers v. Memphis (LAC 4-1)

Invisible Fan
Apr 24th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Why? I wont be surprised if they get swept or lose in 5 games to the Knicks. They don't have Rondo and when you don't have key players you're in a world of trouble come playoff time.

They normally play better in the playoffs. The way it's going there will be some notable roster retooling in the offseason.

Archer16
Apr 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Wanna make predictions since we technically haven't done that yet for the playoffs??

EAST 1st Round
Miami v. Milwaukee (MIA 4-0)

New York v. Boston (NYK 4-1)

Atlanta v. Indiana (IND 4-2)

Brooklyn v. Chicago (CHI 4-3)

West 1st Round

OKC v. Houston (OKC 4-2)

San Antonio v. LA Lakers (SAS 4-1)

Denver v. Golden State (GSW 4-2)

LA Clippers v. Memphis (LAC 4-1)
Indiana has home field vs the Hawks, they should be first.
Most of this seem reasonable and even predictable, but despite of Curry and co offensive explosion last night, I don't see them taking the series without David Lee.

paulmara
Apr 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Patrick Beverley

http://i.imgur.com/5zKXz.gif

Super Dave
Apr 26th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Dwight Howard has 5 baby mamas?

winone23
Apr 27th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Dwight Howard has 5 baby mamas?

Half of Dwight's salary is going to go to child support payments.

http://s10.postimg.org/tnxk2r7t5/tumblr_lnzb9e_XMZl1qaarijo1_500.gif

Barrie_Dude
Apr 27th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Dwight best keep his pants zipped up

Invisible Fan
Apr 27th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Lakers falling apart and now Westbrook is injured. Great chance for the Spurs or Clippers to make the finals :)

Invisible Fan
Apr 29th, 2013, 08:49 AM
How about those Warriors? :D

Archer16
Apr 29th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Series is not over yet, but I thought they don't have much chance without their center, with Curry also not being 100%. I knew he was a great player (and it's such a joke he wasn't selected to the all-star this year), but not this great :worship:
He's shooting like Reggie Miller vs the Knicks in this series. The others have raised their level too.

iWill
Apr 29th, 2013, 11:46 PM
The Warriors series is probably the best one of the playoffs thus far. I thought it was Chicago-Brooklyn, which is a very close 2nd, but for 1st round Denver or Golden State will be disappointed to go home.

winone23
Apr 30th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Garnett traveling :facepalm:

QVtW8QVtpNc

ico4498
May 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
bU_0FmXEBnY

luv Barkley on tv mostly for his comedic value. i think he's on spot here though ... duhwhite's post game is under developed & and he's a liability in crunch time.

Kenny's point is valid too, if he bolts outa fakerdom the common perception, right or wrong, will be that he's an unteachable problem.

ico4498
May 1st, 2013, 06:10 PM
Garnett traveling :facepalm:

commissioner says there's no such thing as superstar calls:lol:

Frederik
May 1st, 2013, 06:18 PM
Garnett is not a superstar anymore :angel:

btw: go Grizzlies :cheer:

iWill
May 1st, 2013, 06:33 PM
Garnett is not a superstar anymore :angel:

btw: go Grizzlies :cheer:

He just got voted in as a starter for the All Star game this year, he's still a Superstar no doubt.

Frederik
May 1st, 2013, 09:27 PM
how does that prove anything? :lol:

iWill
May 1st, 2013, 09:39 PM
how does that prove anything? :lol:

Hes still popular enough to be voted a starter by a majority of NBA fans. That proves more than enough. :p

Invisible Fan
May 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Boston and Houston are now halfway to doing the "impossible" - come back from 3-0 down to win a series :p

iWill
May 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Boston and Houston are now halfway to doing the "impossible" - come back from 3-0 down to win a series :p

They both will lose their next games I think anyway :lol:

Invisible Fan
May 4th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Yes. Nuggets and Clippers managing to waste home court advantage :o

ico4498
May 20th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Spurs looking like a shoo-in to lose to Miami in the finals. its clearly Parker's team, but even with Duncan playing a capable robin to his batman, they have no real chance against Lebron & 'em.

Dwightmare 2.0 now playing. put the popcorn in the wave & enjoy!

Invisible Fan
May 23rd, 2013, 05:19 AM
Jeff Van Gundy said the Pacers had "no chance" in the series before game 1 vs Miami :D

Invisible Fan
Jun 2nd, 2013, 05:58 AM
Lebron could do with some :help:
At least Birdman will play in game 7.

Ilikebigboobies
Jun 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Spurs must be loving this. I'm still hurting over the Nuggets. I think they had their best chance ever to make the finals this year. :sad:

doni1212
Jun 2nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
If Game 7 is close in the 4th quarter, no way does David Stern allow the Pacers to win it smh. These refs are going to strongly favor Miami.

Invisible Fan
Jun 5th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Spurs/Heat promises to be a good (and close) series.
Lebron vs the Spurs like the 2007 finals.

Invisible Fan
Jun 7th, 2013, 08:14 AM
San Antonio takes game 1 and the home court advantage.
Plus they have 3 games in a row at home from game 3.

Frederik
Jun 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Nice shot by Parker to win the game. :worship:

Super Dave
Jun 7th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Nice shot by Parker to win the game. :worship:

Yeah, when he leaned in like that I thought he had a pretty good chance. But it needed some luck :lol:

Invisible Fan
Jun 10th, 2013, 04:34 AM
1-1. A close game until a monster Heat run late 3rd/early 4th.
Lebron getting his teammates involved.
I wonder if he will go for 35+ at any stadge - or maybe the Spurs defence is too good.

Barktra
Jun 11th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Timmy is def the best player of his generation :bowdown:

iWill
Jun 11th, 2013, 12:29 AM

Better than Kobe? I dont even like Kobe and I can't say Duncan is better, although he's definitely top 3.

Barktra
Jun 11th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Better than Kobe? I dont even like Kobe and I can't say Duncan is better, although he's definitely top 3.

I should have said if he gets the 5 title than IMO he will be, now Kobe probably is the better player but Tim with 5 IMO over matches Kobe

iWill
Jun 11th, 2013, 12:35 AM
I should have said if he gets the 5 title than IMO he will be, now Kobe probably is the better player but Tim with 5 IMO over matches Kobe

That is actually a debate worth having, hope Timmy gets his 5th ring this season!

Super Dave
Jun 11th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Pistons hired Mo Cheeks.

ico4498
Jun 11th, 2013, 05:44 AM

agreed. don't think its even close ...

fantic
Jun 11th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Kobe? He won because of Shaq and Gasol. Talented but a pretty selfish player.

Spurs please beat that obnoxious 'Fellowship of the Ring' team :facepalm:

fantic
Jun 11th, 2013, 07:56 AM
critical difference between Kobe and MJ. MJ could actually USE his teammates.

Glaring example is that perfect assist he dished out to Paxon at the last minute against the Suns? Would Kobe do that? Hell no :lol:

Mynarco
Jun 12th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Heat got trashed AGAIN :drool:

Archer16
Jun 12th, 2013, 06:27 AM
What an amazing display by the Spurs in game 3 :eek:
Who'd have imagined they could score 113 with their leading trio only accounting for 25 of those (their lowest total EVER in a playoff game).

Danny Green and Gary Neal were knocking everything down :worship: It has to be said that they also combined for 7/8 beyond the arc in game 2, and I couldn't understand why SA didn't make some designed plays to give them the ball on Sunday's game like they did today. Green is hotter than the sun right now, just don't wake him up :p
12/14 threes in two games, 16/23 (70%) for the series. That's crazy.
On the other side, Mike Miller has hit 8 straight without a miss (a finals record) and is 9/10 for the series, but he has done this before - last year's game 5 (7/9) and a bunch of regular season games back in Memphis, including a stretch of 23 treys in three games.

According to the postgame press conference, it was the first game in 3 years in which LeBron didn't get to the foul line :speakles:
Leonard is doing a fantastic job limiting him.

So far in the playoffs, the Heat have rebounded from each of their 5 losses with double-digit wins, so it remains to be seen if they can do it again. I doubt that.

critical difference between Kobe and MJ. MJ could actually USE his teammates.

Glaring example is that perfect assist he dished out to Paxon at the last minute against the Suns? Would Kobe do that? Hell no :lol:
Jordan didn't dish that assist, it was Horace Grant :secret: MJ did call that possession though.

GnAr4I3-Z48

Memories of that series still hurt. I really wanted Barkley and co. to win :sad:

Barrie_Dude
Jun 12th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I like San Antonio and would love to see Miami go down in flames

Sent from Verticalsports.com App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

fantic
Jun 12th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Jordan didn't dish that assist, it was Horace Grant :secret: MJ did call that possession though.

GnAr4I3-Z48

Memories of that series still hurt. I really wanted Barkley and co. to win :sad:

Shit :oh: I distinctly remember MJ assisting..oh that was to Kerr, right? :lol:

Yeah I also wanted Sun to win.

I like San Antonio and would love to see Miami go down in flames

Comrade! :lol: I pride myself at not watching a single PO game this season. I'll just pray :lol:

Barrie_Dude
Jun 12th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Shit :oh: I distinctly remember MJ assisting..oh that was to Kerr, right? :lol:

Yeah I also wanted Sun to win.

Comrade! :lol: I pride myself at not watching a single PO game this season. I'll just pray :lol:

Well, San Antonio is in Texas after all

Invisible Fan
Jun 12th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Spurs destroy the Heat. Miami "always" bounce back in the following game though :)

Barrie_Dude
Jun 12th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I don't know. Will be hard for them to do that in San Antonio

Invisible Fan
Jun 12th, 2013, 08:35 AM
They haven't lost two in a row since January. Might be an idea to guard the perimeter though :o

Barrie_Dude
Jun 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM
This is the playoffs now, though. And, if they take only one while in Texas, they still are going back to Miami down 3/2.

Barrie_Dude
Jun 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM
I have faith in the Spurs.

Super Dave
Jun 12th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Kick ass, Spurs :D

Barrie_Dude
Jun 13th, 2013, 04:24 AM
:hi5:

Ilikebigboobies
Jun 13th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Miami win next 3.

Barrie_Dude
Jun 13th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Boo

ico4498
Jun 14th, 2013, 02:49 AM
i'm totally hoping for 7 games but ... go Spurs!

ico4498
Jun 14th, 2013, 02:50 AM
btw, for the umphteenth time, the 2-3-2 finals format sucks donkey balls.

Archer16
Jun 14th, 2013, 03:49 AM
The Heat did it again, and once more in double-figures. Wade was unstoppable tonight. The other two were pretty good as well.
Spurs made some nice passes in transition, unfortunately a lot of them were to the other team :facepalm:
Even more frustrating is that the Green-Neal duo were scorching yet again (7/11 combined from downtown) but SA played too stupid basketball to take advantage.
The 4th quarter in particular was a horror show at both ends of the floor and somehow Ginobili just gets worse and worse with every game that goes by.

Mynarco
Jun 14th, 2013, 04:49 AM
:o Spurs.

Invisible Fan
Jun 15th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Away from the finals - the Nets have hired Jason Kidd as their coach. He only retired from playing about a week ago :)

ico4498
Jun 15th, 2013, 04:47 AM
so far Brooklyn has been a huge disappointment, i wish him luck!

Mynarco
Jun 17th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Kaman SA! One more!

Invisible Fan
Jun 20th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Best game of the finals yesterday - have the Spurs blown a golden opportunity?
Lebron :worship:
Ray Allen :worship:

Can Miami win 2 games in a row?:)

ico4498
Jun 20th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Can Miami win 2 games in a row?

pulling for SA but my head says the Heat will win their 2nd consec championship. either way this has been one of the most enjoyable finals in a while.

go Spurs!