PDA

View Full Version : Kiri's first YEC! | Istanbul

MK Ultra
Oct 26th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Play begins tomorrow. Kiri and Nadia play against Errani and Vinci first. Time to get revenge for all those consecutive losses!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6DncZUCQAAqchZ.jpg:large

peterlein
Oct 26th, 2012, 12:41 PM
DAVAI MARIA/NADIA, I think they can win this! errani/vinci didn't play together for some time now, could be an advantage :cheer:

btw, kiri looks stunning on this pic, by far the most attractive, no chance for the others ;)

MH0861
Oct 27th, 2012, 05:05 PM
They won :eek: :yeah: :D

MH0861
Oct 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I love how Maria is awkwardly far from Liezel compared to how close all the other girls are :haha:

MK Ultra
Oct 27th, 2012, 05:11 PM
:bounce: SO HAPPY! Kiri started out slow, but she won them the match in the end!

NYKiriFan
Oct 27th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hooray!!

the cat
Oct 28th, 2012, 01:52 AM
DAVAI MARIA/NADIA, I think they can win this! errani/vinci didn't play together for some time now, could be an advantage :cheer:

btw, kiri looks stunning on this pic, by far the most attractive, no chance for the others ;)Even Hlavackova? ;) Kiri looks taller than I would have expected. Must be those 4 inch heels she is wearing in that photo.

What doubles player is missing from that photo? Vinci?

Protoss
Oct 28th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Great job Maria/Petrova. :)

Good luck in the doubles final Maria. :)

GoMasha23
Oct 28th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Great win for the YEC doubles championship! Things look as they will split for 2013 though. Announcer on TC said Kiri will pair with Lisa Raymond. I think they should continue after this performance.

MK Ultra
Oct 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Kiri and Raymond have actually played in the past and it didn't end well :lol:

GoMasha23
Oct 28th, 2012, 02:45 PM
when did they play together?

*O.R*
Oct 28th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Yay, well done Maria and Nadia! :cheer:

peterlein
Oct 28th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Even Hlavackova? ;) Kiri looks taller than I would have expected. Must be those 4 inch heels she is wearing in that photo.

What doubles player is missing from that photo? Vinci?

even hlavackova. ;)
errani is missing

and congrats on YEC doubles title! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! congrats girls!!!!! :hearts:

Vikkiri.
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I'm so proud of Maria. She improve so much this year in singles, and every doubles year is better than the past. Miami title, YEC title, Bronze Medalist, French Open, Moscou, Hertogenbosch finalist, SF at Sydney, Madrid and Beijing.. this is stunning. Congrats girls :hearts:

the cat
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Great for for Kiri and Nadia to end their year as a team and possibly their partnership by winning the YEC doubles title. :D :cool: But while I wanted Maria to change partners for 2013 I did not want Lisa Raymond to be Maria's partner as is rumoured. Raymond was a great doubles player at one point but is past her prime. She has less power than Kiri does and that's not what I want in Kiri's next doubles partner.

Remix13
Oct 29th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I hope she won't play with Raymond, it would probably be inefficient considering Maria needs a powerful player with her, like Nadia or Vika before. Too bad they only played together for the OG :sad:

JimM
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I hope she won't play with Raymond, it would probably be inefficient considering Maria needs a powerful player with her, like Nadia or Vika before. Too bad they only played together for the OG :sad:

I agree 100% She will not win much with Raymond. Hard to see why she is not playing with Nadia, maybe Nadia getting ready to call it a day?

Remix13
Oct 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
She should play with Ivanovic, I remember they played together once :hearts:

JimM
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:05 PM
She should play with Ivanovic, I remember they played together once :hearts:

Or Slava Shvedova. She is a Moscow girl also and grreat doubles player. Maybe they dont like each other.

the cat
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I also like the idea of Kiri playing doubles with Ivanovic or Shvedova. Either one of them woud enable Maria to play her best game which is touch and feel and not have to worry about power. But if Masha partners with Raymond Maria become the power player. :eek: That is risky in my opinion. Now Maria has more power than Errani and Vinci yet these 2 Italian lightweights were the best doubles team in 2012 so power isn't everythng in doubles.

peterlein
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:20 PM
oh woooooow, I would love to see her play doubles with Ivanovic :inlove:

but I guess Shvedova would be a good solution too!! would like that as well :)

with raymond? hm...:rolleyes:

King Aaron
Oct 30th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Congratulations Masha and Nadya! :D :yeah:

Maybe Azarenka will decide to play doubles again? :confused: ;)

Protoss
Oct 30th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Yay!!!!! Congrats on winning the YEC doubles title Maria/Petrova!! :)