PDA

View Full Version : hooray! james blunt quits music industry!

Beat
Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
:woohoo:

http://www.nme.com/news/james-blunt/66752

WowWow
Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
:lol:

I hear ya.

Sammo
Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
:haha:

The Witch-king
Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
:cheer:

Mynarco
Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
bye bitch

Londoner
Oct 22nd, 2012, 12:05 PM

Great news! Now can we nominate some more pop horrors?!

Mary Cherry.
Oct 22nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
It's a shame nobody told Mr Blunt**** that the music industry quit him around 5 years ago.

Super Dave
Oct 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hope many more follow :D

borrowedheaven
Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
The article states it's more of a break. NME headlines are always overblown.

FORZA SARITA
Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
bye bitch :cheer:

Just Do It
Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Am I missing something? Why so thrilled about Blunt quitting music? :sobbing:

Dominic
Oct 22nd, 2012, 08:12 PM

I know :confused: weird

Cineast
Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:25 AM
For the same reason people would be thrilled if Justin Bieber quit music? (Point of disclosure: I wouldn't be able to recognize any of Blunt's songs. I presume the people cheering don't like his style of music.)

Dominic
Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:36 AM
For the same reason people would be thrilled if Justin Bieber quit music? (Point of disclosure: I wouldn't be able to recognize any of Blunt's songs. I presume the people cheering don't like his style of music.)

I don't believe you don't know the song "you're beautiful"...
I'm not necessarely crazy about his style of music either and I still don't feel like saying mean stuff like that :lol:

delicatecutter
Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:40 AM
Well it's not like Lana del Rey said she was retiring from music. Or did she? I can't keep up with her fairy tales.

Cineast
Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:56 AM
I don't listen to pop music. My radio listening is the classical music station and the oldies station that plays stuff from the 80s and earlier. There hasn't been anything original in music since the death of Josquin des Prez (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josquin_des_Prez), anyway. :)

Oh, and I download a lot of spoken-word stuff from international broadcasters.

Dominic
Oct 23rd, 2012, 03:01 AM
Well it's not like Lana del Rey said she was retiring from music. Or did she? I can't keep up with her fairy tales.

:eek: look out for David!

dybbuk
Oct 23rd, 2012, 03:02 AM
I don't listen to pop music. My radio listening is the classical music station and the oldies station that plays stuff from the 80s and earlier. There hasn't been anything original in music since the death of Josquin des Prez (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josquin_des_Prez), anyway. :)

Oh, and I download a lot of spoken-word stuff from international broadcasters.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbb05rnuS61qkvaf7.gif

ranfurly
Oct 23rd, 2012, 06:13 AM
It doesn't matter, his candle flickers dimly when compared to Maria Callas.

Pops Maellard
Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
His songs "Wisemen" and "High" I find good enough :). The latter is in my collection in fact :p.

The Crow
Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM

Oh yes, we know that song. It's one of the reasons we're so happy with this news!

:D

Cajka
Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM

My reasons for hating on him... That song "You're beautiful" was extremely overplayed. Besides, his music is kinda boring. The lyrics of his songs are not only bad, but also depressing, so much whining makes me sick. That video for "You're beautiful" is awful, ridiculous...

Yoncé
Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:40 AM

:rolls: Lana has you bothered.

Invisible Fan
Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
His songs "Wisemen" and "High" I find good enough :). The latter is in my collection in fact :p.

"1973" was ok. But it couldn't make up for the abominations that were "goodbye my lover" and "beautiful" :o

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 23rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Ok. Thanks for the info.:oh:

saint2
Oct 23rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Never heard about him, seriously...

McPie
Oct 24th, 2012, 08:57 AM
is he a WBA Footballer?

oh that's James Morrison :lol:

olivero
Oct 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM
:lol: at this thread

but yay :cheer: though I admit I haven't heard for a few years now I think

FORZA SARITA
Oct 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Oh yes, we know that song. It's one of the reasons we're so happy with this news!

:oh:
his songs are annoying and overplayed for no reason so it's good to see him gone :bounce:

Mynarco
Oct 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM

:hearts:

Kəv.
Oct 7th, 2013, 09:16 AM
BUMP

Why is he back? Actually created a new album and currently on X Factor Aus performing
Actually this song is not so bad ..

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

RoseStone
Oct 7th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I don't think I ever heard of him the first time around!

Super Dave
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:46 PM
BUMP

Why is he back? Actually created a new album and currently on X Factor Aus performing
Actually this song is not so bad ..

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

I heard it on my road trip this weekend and I remembered this thread :lol: :facepalm:

DeucesAreWild
Oct 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM

Same here. I like his music. Besides, IMHO, it just sounds like he wants to take some time and just rest. Not that he'll never write or produce and another album again.

plantman
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I'm not necessarely crazy about his style of music either and I still don't feel like saying mean stuff like that :lol:

Fantastic song....A lot of great singers have left the industry, to come back again & again. Cher & Babs to name just a few. He'll be back!!

matthias
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Bonfire Heart is #1 on German iTunes Charts

LilMiss Britters
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I don't think I ever heard of him the first time around!

Just imagine the musical equivalent of khaki trousers, gnome collections & a bucket of beige paint and you're about there. Strictly an excitement free zone.