PDA

View Full Version : Nashville - ABC's new musical drama TV series

Julian.
Oct 19th, 2012, 04:17 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/246615_418760871518073_718465257_n.jpg

Nashville is an American musical drama television series created by Academy Award winner Callie Khouri and produced by R.J. Cutler, Khouri, Dee Johnson, Steve Buchanan and Connie Britton. The series stars Connie Britton as Rayna James, a legendary country music superstar, whose stardom begins fading, and Hayden Panettiere as rising teen star Juliette Barnes. The series premiered on ABC on October 10, 2012, which had more that 8.93 million viewers. The pilot was made available on Hulu, iTunes, and ABC.com before it premiered on television.

The pilot episode received many positive reviews from critics, specifically praising Callie Khouri's writing, casting and the performance of Connie Britton.

The series stars Connie Britton as Rayna James, a legendary country music superstar, whose stardom begins fading. Her producers offer her a joint tour with the up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy future of country music. But both singers are pursuing their goals. Juliette wants to take the place of Rayna. Rayna thinks that a few songs written by talented author Scarlett O'Connor (Clare Bowen) will help to revive her success. Rayna's father is Lamar Wyatt (Powers Boothe), a powerful politician in Nashville, who forced her to marry Teddy Conrad (Eric Close), who lives on her money.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/577807_354598161267678_232596834_n.jpg

kD6u9DFd5Ak

Julian.
Oct 19th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Anybody watch this new show?

I watched the first 2 episodes and I love it :lol: The reviews and critics are great too. The best reviewed drama of this season I think.

However, as usual, rating has been worrying. Such a big plunge between episode 1 and 2 :sobbing: All ABC's new TV shows this season have bad rating :help:

KournikovaFan91
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:05 AM
Started to watch it but must say I dunno what to think, are we supposed to root for Deacon/Rayna because I don't like when they're on screen together.

I think it could be more soapy and campy though :lol:

Julian.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:08 AM
Started to watch it but must say I dunno what to think, are we supposed to root for Deacon/Rayna because I don't like when they're on screen together.

I think it could be more soapy and campy though :lol:

How many episodes have you watched? :lol:

I watched the first 2 episodes then stopped because I have too many TV shows to watch right now :sobbing: But now since 666 Park Avenue is getting cancelled and I heard Nashville would be moved to its slot, I might continue episode 3. Is it worth it? :lol:

and I don't give a damn about the politic part of the show :spit:

KournikovaFan91
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:12 AM
6 episodes.

Yeah its mildly entertaining, its not exactly as exciting as Revenge but its still good, yeah the politics part is pretty boring. Frankly I prefer the Juliette Barnes bits over Rayna's far more entertaining than seeing Connie Britton playing the wholesome mom stuck with a man she doesn't love but struggles on anyway. :rolleyes:

Also Rayna's dad is such a cartoon villian :o I mean seriously he's ridiculous.

wild.river
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:16 AM
i think the episodes have gotten better since the pilot!

Julian.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:17 AM
^ I agree with everything you said basing just the first 2 episodes I watched :lol:

and Juliette Barne actually have a better voice than Rayna :spit::sobbing:

Julian.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:21 AM
i think the episodes have gotten better since the pilot!

Hmmm. I think I should continue then :rolls: