PDA

View Full Version : The Maine Zumba Scandal

HippityHop
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:04 PM
KENNEBUNK, Maine — The lawyer for a high school hockey coach who gave up his job because of the Zumba prostitution case said Thursday that his client's name never should have been made public and contended law enforcement agencies have engaged in "reckless and outrageous behavior."

Gary Prolman, who represents Don Hill, said he finds it "revolting" that Hill felt compelled to give up the job he loved because of the unproven charge that he engaged a prostitute.

"I used to think that in the United States you were innocent until proven guilty and you don't lose everything because of an accusation. I guess that's all changed now," Prolman said. "I'm pretty disgusted with the whole judicial process right now."

Hill's was among the first 21 names of accused johns to be released by police investigating a dance instructor accused of turning her Zumba studio into a brothel.

After his name appeared on the list, Hill, 52, told officials at Kennebunk High School that he wouldn't seek to renew his contract after 14 years as head coach.

Hill has no criminal record and he's been divorced for years, the lawyer said.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20121016/US.Zumba.Prostitution/

It's rare that the names of the johns are released. The DC madam's client list was never released (I wonder how many of the movers and shakers in DC were on that list) and she later committed suicide. :rolleyes: Yeah right. :tape:

miffedmax
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM
IMHO pot and prostitution should both be legalized and taxed.

HippityHop
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM

I agree.

Super Dave
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:16 PM

I'm prudish against pot :shrug: but I'm with you on prostitution.

Helen Lawson
Oct 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
The DC madam's clients were made public. Among them that junior senator dude from Louisiana. Mayflower Madam's "black book" never was released because there were truly powerful names in it.

A high school teacher shouldn't be seeing a hooker. Can't he just go to the local bar?