PDA

View Full Version : Meet the woman hit with the uppercut heard round the 'net

plantman
Oct 13th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Cleveland Bus Driver Suspended After Decking Unruly Female Rider With Brutal Bolo Punch

A Cleveland municipal bus driver has been suspended after video surfaced this week showing him decking a mouthy female rider with a bolo punch.

The confrontation between the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) worker and the unidentified woman was apparently filmed by another rider. It is unclear from the above clip, however, what triggered the dispute.

[WARNING: The video is peppered with curse words and racial slurs.]

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/viral-video/cleveland-bus-punch-736901

The driver of bus 2802 leaves his seat after the woman appears to strike him. "You going to jail now," the driver says twice before throwing an uppercut that knocks the woman to the ground.

The driver then throws the woman off the stopped bus, though she climbs back aboard and tussles with him. "She want to be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man," the driver announces at one point.

RTA officials believe the fight occurred on September 18. The unidentified driver was suspended this week, with city officials describing his behavior as "absolutely unacceptable." In a press statement, the agency added, "RTA apologizes to our customers for this incident. A full investigation continues."

What's a Brutal Bolo Punch"? Not brutal enough to keep this loud mouth rider down!:lol: I don't think the driver appreciated the face spittin' at'll!!!

dybbuk
Oct 13th, 2012, 04:21 AM
That was such overkill. :o First of all a grown ass man doesn't need to be hitting a girl no matter what, but if he was going to get physical he didn't need to hit her THAT hard. That looked extremely painful and far more than anything the video shows her doing to him.

Mikey.
Oct 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
So fucked! :sobbing: It looked like he just about knocked her head off.

Pops Maellard
Oct 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM
:sobbing:.

I guess the next logical step for them is to record a cover of the "Birthday Cake" remix?

jameshazza
Oct 13th, 2012, 12:31 PM
:hysteric:
I was not ready for that tbh.

smarties
Oct 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
That was such overkill. :o First of all a grown ass man doesn't need to be hitting a girl no matter what, but if he was going to get physical he didn't need to hit her THAT hard. That looked extremely painful and far more than anything the video shows her doing to him.

She spitted on him and punched him while he was driving :help: That puts all the passenger of the bus in danger. He did the right thing, it's like a plane pilot inforcing air law :lol:

Gdsimmons
Oct 13th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Maybe he should not have hit her with that mean Mortal Combat uppercut. However, this girls was verbally berating him and then physical came on him while DRIVING a bus full of people. What if she had hit him and he lost control of the bus? Then what? She was reckless and irresponsible. I hate when people (especially women) wanna get big and bad with a grown ass man and then when that man retaliates , they wanna cry wolf. If you dont act ignorant and stupid, then nothing like that will happen.

Alejandrawrrr
Oct 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM
No point trying to decide who is right or wrong here. A man shouldn't ever hit a woman, especially not like that. OTOH a woman(anyone really) should expect that not everyone is going to be a gentleman, so if you spit on them and attack them you deserve whatever's coming your way. Both in the wrong, both probably ought to wind up with some charges I guess.

But damn, was he a boxer when he was younger or something? :tape: I applaud the strength of her jaw, if I got punched like that I probably would have flew through the window and I'm a guy :help:

mykarma
Oct 13th, 2012, 02:58 PM
:hysteric:
I was not ready for that tbh.

She spitted on him and punched him while he was driving :help: That puts all the passenger of the bus in danger. He did the right thing, it's like a plane pilot inforcing air law :lol:

Maybe he should not have hit her with that mean Mortal Combat uppercut. However, this girls was verbally berating him and then physical came on him while DRIVING a bus full of people. What if she had hit him and he lost control of the bus? Then what? She was reckless and irresponsible. I hate when people (especially women) wanna get big and bad with a grown ass man and then when that man retaliates , they wanna cry wolf. If you dont act ignorant and stupid, then nothing like that will happen.

I don't care what she said or did he needs to go to jail. A man that respects his mama or woman would never hit a woman like that. As tiny has she was he could have thrown her off of the bus or called the police. A man that would hit a woman like that is most likely accustom to beating women and is most likely a woman-beater/abuser. Even if someone feels as though they're protecting themselves they can't go over the top doing it. This man is disgusting and if any man in my life ever beat a woman like that he'd be gone out of my life. In addition no where in the article did it say the bus was moving when she hit him. It did show him getting out of his seat to brutally attack her. And yes she's a stupid loud mouth asshole that needed to be shut up. As large as he is all he had to do was grab her and throw her off of the bus. He had many other options under the circumstances.

jameshazza
Oct 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I don't dispute the fact that he went way too far. I just found it funny on first watch, obviously the longer the video goes on the humour fades. That said, I agree gentlemen shouldn't hit a woman, but a woman can't expect every man not to punch them if they spit in/slap the man's face.

Uranium
Oct 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
:sobbing:.

I guess the next logical step for them is to record a cover of the "Birthday Cake" remix?

You've never been funny, but this just proves there is something wrong with you.

Anyways, a man should never hit a woman. There was no need for that uppercut and then throwing her off the bus right after, and then what looks like some more hits and hair pulling.

mykarma
Oct 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I don't dispute the fact that he went way too far. I just found it funny on first watch, obviously the longer the video goes on the humour fades. That said, I agree gentlemen shouldn't hit a woman, but a woman can't expect every man not to punch them if they spit in/slap the man's face.
This

Mary Cherry.
Oct 13th, 2012, 04:02 PM
She had it coming.

pov
Oct 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM
To the "never hit a woman" people - do you think that women should not serve in combat?

There are women who can take out many men. And a 6'5" hard-muscled 270+ man hitting a 5'10" beanpole is even less physically balanced than the average man vs average woman. Or to get technical - a man hitting another man that he's 45% stronger than is more of a difference.

I do have a strong (very strong) "don't hit women" thing but I also think that in part it's a value rooted in eras where women were raised to be physically ineffectual.

pov
Oct 13th, 2012, 04:47 PM
IMO he was more than wrong. I'd support him getting fired and even criminally charged. And if he'd done what he did to a man, I'd feel the same. He was talking trash back so he can't take the high ground. I mean "look like yoah face done got all slice up" Really? The bus obviously was stopped so the danger argument is ridiculous. Plus she wasn't touching him - he got up from his seat, stepped over to her and cold-cocked her. I see him as a sad, miserable little lowlife creature.

Then there's the idjit passengers chuckling like it's entertainment. The overall mentality is just :facepalm:

jameshazza
Oct 13th, 2012, 05:11 PM
To the "never hit a woman" people - do you think that women should not serve in combat?

There are women who can take out many men. And a 6'5" hard-muscled 270+ man hitting a 5'10" beanpole is even less physically balanced than the average man vs average woman. Or to get technical - a man hitting another man that he's 45% stronger than is more of a difference.

I do have a strong (very strong) "don't hit women" thing but I also think that in part it's a value rooted in eras where women were raised to be physically ineffectual.

Everyone who's said 'don't hit women' have also said women like her can't behave that way and expect not be hit. I mean if she did that to me I would have grabbed her and fucked her off the bus, I just wouldn't have done the uppercut even though in that situation you would obviously love to punch the Bitch.

Bijoux0021
Oct 13th, 2012, 05:32 PM
She got exactly what she deserved. The bus driver didn't deserve to get suspended.

mykarma
Oct 13th, 2012, 06:35 PM
She got exactly what she deserved. The bus driver didn't deserve to get suspended.
As hard as he hit her he could have killed her and if he has to reacts like he did to a passenger he's in the wrong profession. That girl looked like she didn't weight much more than 100 lbs and he was way more than 200 lb man.

Bijoux0021
Oct 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM
As hard as he hit her he could have killed her and if he has to reacts like he did to a passenger he's in the wrong profession. That girl looked like she didn't weight much more than 100 lbs and he was way more than 200 lb man.
I am a woman. Their weights shouldn't be in issue. He was doing his job, and the bitch was right there in his face berating him. She just wouldn't shut up. She got physical with him first, and she spat in his face. I wouldn't feel sorry for her if that punch had killed her.

Bijoux0021
Oct 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM
By the way, all over the country, bus drivers are being assaulted everyday by thugs and criminals for no reason. Just a few weeks ago in New York City, a guy got on a bus and stabbed a bus driver with a hypodermic needle. Now the bus drive has to be on medication for 6 months because he won't find out whether he has been infected with any diseases, including HIV, for about a year.

The bus drivers have been demanding to have partitions installed, as well as video cameras on all city buses. Hopefully, they'll have some kind of protection soon. As of now, they are very vulnerable to any sort of attacks.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/37588-bus-ban-for-suspect-in-driver-syringe-stab/

dybbuk
Oct 13th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I am a woman. Their weights shouldn't be in issue. He was doing his job, and the bitch was right there in his face berating him. She just wouldn't shut up. She got physical with him first, and she spat in his face. I wouldn't feel sorry for her if that punch had killed her.

So you wouldn't feel bad if a woman dies because she spit in a driver's face, on a parked bus? Girl, you seriously have a shit ton of issues if you think being killed is a just punishment for a woman who spits/slaps a man. I for real suggest you get therapy.

debby
Oct 13th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Oh wow

I for one think that "don't hit on women" is in general true, it's quite hypocritical if the woman let's say keeps hitting her boyfriend with rings on, but if he slaps her not hard at all one day, because she said something awful to him but not a painful slap at all, and that we are all shocked. It's hypocritical.

But it's not the case here... wow, he could have killed her. It was too violent. Should have grabbed her to get her off the bus at a station and basta. :unsure:

Ciarán
Oct 13th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I would never hit a female; but DAMN some broke ass bitches need taught the manners their heroin addict mothers never gave them! That bitch got taught :lol:. Agree with the poster who said she was putting EVERY passenger on that bus' life at risk. Also agree he should face a heavy punishment (possible jail term). But damn; that bitch needed that. She'll thank him one day. If she had of done to that to the wrong person on the street; she would have been stabbed, shot or worse.

debby
Oct 13th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I would never hit a female; but DAMN some broke ass bitches need taught the manners their heroin addict mothers never gave them! That bitch got taught :lol:. Agree with the poster who said she was putting EVERY passenger on that bus' life at risk. Also agree he should face a heavy punishment (possible jail term). But damn; that bitch needed that. She'll thank him one day. If she had of done to that to the wrong person on the street; she would have been stabbed, shot or worse.

What exactly is worse than being stabbed or shot? :lol:

Ciarán
Oct 13th, 2012, 08:53 PM
What exactly is worse than being stabbed or shot? :lol:

Kidnapped, tortured for weeks on end, facing a slow and excruciating death.

mykarma
Oct 13th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Even the self defense law states reasonable force to protect one's self and this man certainly went overboard and if he doesn't lose his job and someone else pisses him off the state will be responsible for keeping a loose cannon on their payroll. It's obvious that the man shouldn't be working with the public and perhaps next time he will kill someone.

Gdsimmons
Oct 13th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I think we can all agree his EXACT ACTION was wrong. However, none of this would have happened had that 'woman' just sat her ass down. I dont know what would posses some woman to treat someone let alone a BUS DRIVER in Cleveland like that. Maybe she didnt deserve the Sweet Chin Music. However she brought it upon herself.

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 14th, 2012, 12:24 AM
So the bus driver is suspended, how about the girl? Did she get anything?

Pops Maellard
Oct 14th, 2012, 12:55 AM
You've never been funny, but this just proves there is something wrong with you.

Anyways, a man should never hit a woman. There was no need for that uppercut and then throwing her off the bus right after, and then what looks like some more hits and hair pulling.

Hey, I'm not the one who did it :lol:. Please don't take that as condoning it or anything :unsure:.

C. Drone
Oct 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM
bus driver was dumb bc gonna lose his job, but the local bitch deserved what she got.

Moveyourfeet
Oct 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM
That woman is strong. I can't believe she got up and continued to be aggressive after that uppercut.

ampers&
Oct 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM
IMO he was more than wrong. I'd support him getting fired and even criminally charged. And if he'd done what he did to a man, I'd feel the same. He was talking trash back so he can't take the high ground. I mean "look like yoah face done got all slice up" Really? The bus obviously was stopped so the danger argument is ridiculous. Plus she wasn't touching him - he got up from his seat, stepped over to her and cold-cocked her. I see him as a sad, miserable little lowlife creature.

Then there's the idjit passengers chuckling like it's entertainment. The overall mentality is just :facepalm:
Agreed. Fuckery all around.

But SMH at the grown men and women saying she deserved. Disgusting. I can only hope that you all are like 12 years old mentally and not functioning adults. Seriously. :o

Charlatan
Oct 14th, 2012, 11:41 PM
her twitter (https://twitter.com/ShideaLane) mentions doe :tape:

In The Zone
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:02 AM
He should be fired and criminally charged. Absolutely disgusting. Stop the bus and throw her off the bus. The punch was completely UNNECESSARY. That could have been handled differently.

I seem to be finding that is more acceptable in the black community than any other community for men to strike women. Not that is acceptable but that is more acceptable than other communities. Why is this?

JN
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:20 AM
That woman is strong. I can't believe she got up and continued to be aggressive after that uppercut.

The way she was working her mouth, her chin might be the toughest thing on her. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/76.gif

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:53 AM
As a human being I feel like if someone spits on u and lays hands on U, not to mention them putting ur life in danger, then u are within ur rights to sock a bitch.

But as an employer I can't find fault with him being suspended (or fired)- that's fair too.

I'm not into all this male / female nonsense...nobody should be disrespecting anybody. It's wrong for a woman to hit a woman. A woman to hit a man, and for a man to hit a woman... I can't get with this hitting nonsense. All I know is that if u hit me im hitting back. PERIOD!

In The Zone
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:57 AM
As a human being I feel like if someone spits on u and lays hands on U, not to mention them putting ur life in danger, then u are within ur rights to sock a bitch.

But as an employer I can't find fault with him being suspended (or fired)- that's fair too.

I'm not into all this male / female nonsense...nobody should be disrespecting anybody. It's wrong for a woman to hit a woman. A woman to hit a man, and for a man to hit a woman... I can't get with this hitting nonsense. All I k ow is that if u hit me m hitting back. PERIOD!

Was that kind of punch necessary? Why not just shove her off the bus?

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Was that kind of punch necessary? Why not just shove her off the bus?

Have u ever been spat on or hit- or pushed to ur limit? Im asking in a serious way wanting to know if u can relate to that situation. I have never been spat upon but I was hit before and I can tell u that I'm the most happy-go-lucky, non-violent person I know. But at that moment of being hit I wasn't myself anymore. My emotions were so elevated that I wasn't rational. I can only imagine the restrain it took for him to have while she was way out if control. She got him to that point where he wasn't I. His right mind- and once u get to that point all bets are off.

To answer ur question- was the punch necessary? No. It definitely was not. But at the same time I can understand... She pushed him over his edge.

ampers&
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Oh my god......some of you men are such bitches. There is no other way to describe you. Weak bitches. That is all I can deduce from "All I know is that if u hit me im hitting back. PERIOD!" Teenage girl/boy mentality. Chris Brown is the norm now I see. :lol:

ampers&
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Scratch that....it's actually slave mentality. :facepalm:

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Scratch that....it's actually slave mentality. :facepalm:

Call it what u want and see it how u see it (I love u by the way- u know that) ;)

Even-still, Ur argument, in all honesty, comes off quizzical to me. I mean... the only thing u care about is a man hitting a woman. U rightfully see the obvious offense in a man hitting a woman, but fail to verbalize anything wrong w.a woman hitting a man. That kind of thinking can lead to you one day getting an uppercut of ur own. I stated that as a rule I don't believe in violence and can't understand why people think they have the right to lay hands on another person period. Hitting ANYONE is wrong. I'm not saying he was right for hitting back, I'm saying I can understand. And I'm also stating if any woman thinks she can spit on me and hit me she will be getting her very own uppercut courtesy of Sir Stefwhit- real talk!

he could have definitely handled the situation better which is why I support him being punished by his employer. What some fail to realize is that once u cross a barrier and someone feels attacked then it's easy for someone to no longer be in their "right" mind. When u push someone pass their point of control u take risks and she took that risk and got clocked. Was it what she deserved? I'm not sure, probably not- but that's beside the point. If u provoke a peaceful dog he will bite- and humans aren't any different when provoked.

For all those that can't understand hi hitting her back please answer me this- When was the last time u were hit and spat on in front of a large group of people? And if it's never happened to u - then how do u know u wouldn't lose control and retaliate. Probably the only person who could take being punched and spat at is Jesus...try as I may, I just fall short.

Moveyourfeet
Oct 15th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Probably the only person who could take being punched and spat at is Jesus...try as I may, I just fall short.

http://www.runpd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/0415091855-300x225.jpg

$uricate
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Fantastic.

About time too.

No surprise this bleeding heart forum has different designs :rolleyes:

A man should never hit a woman, however she was endangering the passengers.

She put herself out there and has to deal with the consequence.

Mary Cherry.
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Stop the bus and throw her off the bus.

Didn't he try that later in the video? Yet the woman kept getting back on and trying to wrestle him? :sobbing:

There was a big deal here about a guy who threw a student off a train because he'd dodged the fare and then continued to be a little prick to the conductor (who was an old man and couldn't really do much). The guy who threw the kid off the train was charged. Now that is disgusting, political correctness gone mad.

Bijoux0021
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:31 PM
For all those that can't understand hi hitting her back please answer me this- When was the last time u were hit and spat on in front of a large group of people? And if it's never happened to u - then how do u know u wouldn't lose control and retaliate. Probably the only person who could take being punched and spat at is Jesus...try as I may, I just fall short.
This.

smarties
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Have u ever been spat on or hit- or pushed to ur limit? Im asking in a serious way wanting to know if u can relate to that situation. I have never been spat upon but I was hit before and I can tell u that I'm the most happy-go-lucky, non-violent person I know. But at that moment of being hit I wasn't myself anymore. My emotions were so elevated that I wasn't rational. I can only imagine the restrain it took for him to have while she was way out if control. She got him to that point where he wasn't I. His right mind- and once u get to that point all bets are off.

To answer ur question- was the punch necessary? No. It definitely was not. But at the same time I can understand... She pushed him over his edge.

:hatoff:

SilverSlam
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Holy shit. That was one big punch.

Surprised that girl could get back up.

As someone who's worked in retail and dealt with people who try and harass you and have had people throw shit at you, what he did is come rely out of line, and he deserves the full punishment of the law.

She deserves to be charged for assault as well.

wayitis
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM
UPDATE: Oct. 13, 5:13 p.m. -- New information has been released, identifying the bus driver as Artis Hughes and the female passenger as Shidea N. Lane. According to the police report, obtained by Cleveland.com, Lane allegedly got on the bus driven by Hughes without paying, claiming she forgot her backpack. She proceeded to ask "Are you putting me off the bus?" and "Is this how you treat people in Cleveland?" Lane eventually paid and called Hughes a "bitch." The two got into a verbal argument, according to the police report, and Lane reportedly proceeded to grab Hughes' throat, spit in his face and strike him with her fist.

And here is her side of the story:

toztt8ywaPU

saul1333
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:44 PM
She has a pretty good chin :eek:

mykarma
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:55 PM
He should be fired and criminally charged. Absolutely disgusting. Stop the bus and throw her off the bus. The punch was completely UNNECESSARY. That could have been handled differently.

I seem to be finding that is more acceptable in the black community than any other community for men to strike women. Not that is acceptable but that is more acceptable than other communities. Why is this?
Would you like to retract that comment because it's ...(lost for words?

mykarma
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM
UPDATE: Oct. 13, 5:13 p.m. -- New information has been released, identifying the bus driver as Artis Hughes and the female passenger as Shidea N. Lane. According to the police report, obtained by Cleveland.com, Lane allegedly got on the bus driven by Hughes without paying, claiming she forgot her backpack. She proceeded to ask "Are you putting me off the bus?" and "Is this how you treat people in Cleveland?" Lane eventually paid and called Hughes a "bitch." The two got into a verbal argument, according to the police report, and Lane reportedly proceeded to grab Hughes' throat, spit in his face and strike him with her fist.

toztt8ywaPU
He got out of his seat, walked over to her and punched her like that. It's not as though she hit or spit on him and he immediately lost control. His response is that "she want to act like a man I'll treat her like a man". I really hope that punch was worth it because his ass has lot his job after 25 years of employment.

Mary Cherry.
Oct 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM

toztt8ywaPU

Glad to see she's calmed down.

Also, "one of the most talked about uppercuts" :hysteric:

Bijoux0021
Oct 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM
He got out of his seat, walked over to her and punched her like that. It's not as though she hit or spit on him and he immediately lost control. His response is that "she want to act like a man I'll treat her like a man". I really hope that punch was worth it because his ass has lot his job after 25 years of employment.
She did hit and spit on him. That's why he got out of his seat and punched the shit out of her, which she deserved. Instead of sitting her ass down and shut up, she was right there in his face taunting and berating him.

Now she's saying she's changed. She'd better changed. :lol:

Next time she will think twice before she goes off on some men and thinking they will not hit a woman. She will no longer be amazed if they retaliate.

ampers&
Oct 15th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Would you like to retract that comment because it's ...(lost for words?
There is a degree of truth to that statement, unfortunately. Not the acceptance necessarily, but it is more common for African American women to be hit by their Black male counterparts and the reaction "If you wanna act like a man, I'll treat you like a man" is more commonly accepted as well. It's uncomfortable and embarrassing, but it's true.

In regards to domestic violence:

Overall, African Americans were victimized by intimate partners a significantly higher rates than persons of any other race between 1993 and 1998. Black females experienced intimate partner violence at a rate 35% higher than that of white females, and about 22 times the rate of women of other races. Black males experienced intimate partner violence at a rate about 62% higher than that of white males and about 22 times the rate of men of other races.

Callie Marie Rennison. and Sarah Welchans, U.S. Dep't of Just., NCJ 178247, Intimate Partner Violence (2000), available at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/ascii/ipv.txt
I included to black male part to show that there are high rates of spousal abuse from both sides. Higher than average.