PDA

View Full Version : Who is the luckiest: oldest child, middle child, youngest child or only child?

Julian.
Oct 11th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Who do you consider the luckiest? Oldest child, middle child, youngest child or only child?

Morning Morgan
Oct 11th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Illegitimate child

Lin Lin
Oct 11th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Hard to say:awww:
I am the youngest child:awww:

doni1212
Oct 11th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Youngest

Gdsimmons
Oct 11th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Oldest. They can do whatever the hell they want because they are the first.All the siblings have to listen to the oldest.

The youngest is the most spoiled but is also the one that gets on everyone nerves. And the middle one is just forgotten about.

LUVMIRZA
Oct 11th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I'd say youngest as parents tend to be more affectionate towards their youngest more. But everyone has to go through their own difficulties in life:shrug:

ps: I am the youngest child:dance:

Serenus Christ
Oct 11th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Youngest for sure.

Driven around everywhere by their older siblings, can steal from siblings wardrobes, get everything they want.

-
I'm the eldest.

Mateo Mathieu
Oct 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I'm the youngest of three and I'd say youngest is the luckiest :lol:

M.P
Oct 11th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Youngest

i am the youngest too

Super Dave
Oct 11th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Honey Boo Boo Child

http://img.izismile.com/img/img5/20120907/1000/short_insight_into_the_life_of_honey_boo_boo_child _21.gif

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 11th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Only?:shrug:

Super Dave
Oct 11th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Only is lonely, the youngest is hated by the others for "being the baby" and "getting preferential treatment" and the middle complain that they are anonymous. So the oldest wins by default; they have the advantage of having both the experience of being an only child (and being spoiled for a time), then having authority over the younger ones when they arrive. Plus they forever carry the "firstborn" tag.

Cajka
Oct 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Only is lonely, the youngest is hated by the others for "being the baby" and "getting preferential treatment" and the middle complain that they are anonymous. So the oldest wins by default; they have the advantage of having both the experience of being an only child (and being spoiled for a time), then having authority over the younger ones when they arrive. Plus they forever carry the "firstborn" tag.

Yes, but they have more trouble with parents when they start dating, going out etc. They will always be the first ones to go through many things. So, younger children are in a better position because when they start doing those things, parents are more experienced, so they handle it better.

Super Dave
Oct 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Yes, but they have more trouble with parents when they start dating, going out etc. They will always be the first ones to go through many things. So, younger children are in a better position because when they start doing those things, parents are more experienced, so they handle it better.

I guess I'm speaking more of the relationship between/among siblings. I am the youngest, as is my wife, and we are both the ones who bend over backward to keep family harmony, yet we are the ones who get shit on by our older sibs. We are the scapegoats. Luckily, my wife has one good sibling out of the 3.

My brother and I got along for a time, but the things he has done as an adult are truly heinous and have made me despise him. He is completely narcissistic and blames all of his self-made problems on everyone around him. I always got the brunt of it, but I just don't communicate with him anymore. I'm in my 40s; I don't need it. I have my own family and a life of my own.

Cajka
Oct 11th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I guess I'm speaking more of the relationship between/among siblings. I am the youngest, as is my wife, and we are both the ones who bend over backward to keep family harmony, yet we are the ones who get shit on by our older sibs. We are the scapegoats. Luckily, my wife has one good sibling out of the 3.

My brother and I got along for a time, but the things he has done as an adult are truly heinous and have made me despise him. He is completely narcissistic and blames all of his self-made problems on everyone around him. I always got the brunt of it, but I just don't communicate with him anymore. I'm in my 40s; I don't need it. I have my own family and a life of my own.

I say this because I noticed that many first born children complain about their position, especially in youth, because parents are often over-protective. Also, they expect you to be the most reasonable and responsible, because you're the oldest one.

I'm the only child and I don't understand how anyone can consider us lucky. We are not only lonely, but also our parents are driving us crazy. I'm 27, I live with my bf and my parents call me 10 times a day. I made my best effort to understand that kind of care, but it gets very hard when someone calls so you just to say "don't forget to take an umbrella, it's raining heavily".

Sorry to hear about your brother. I guess it's very hard when you don't get along with your siblings, but your own family is a priority now and when you have your own problems, it must be exhausting to work on relation with him, especially if he's not willing to make an effort.

Ashi
Oct 11th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I guess each position has it's pros and cons.
That said I am the youngest of 4 siblings. :)
My elder siblings practically raised me, moreso I call my older sister(by 8 years) by the pet name which actually means 'mother'.
Hence, I feel she had the experience of 'raising' a child at a young age & hence does a good job of being a mom now.
I think being younger helps you to not make the same mistakes your siblings made.
But, being younger means having to listen to unwanted advice too.
I'll admit I was pampered as a child by my parents & siblings.

SilverSlam
Oct 11th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I'm the youngest, but my friend is the oldest and her parents give zero fucks about what she does.

Mine watch me like a hawk. they actually had a tracker on my old phone O.o

Super Dave
Oct 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I say this because I noticed that many first born children complain about their position, especially in youth, because parents are often over-protective. Also, they expect you to be the most reasonable and responsible, because you're the oldest one.

I'm the only child and I don't understand how anyone can consider us lucky. We are not only lonely, but also our parents are driving us crazy. I'm 27, I live with my bf and my parents call me 10 times a day. I made my best effort to understand that kind of care, but it gets very hard when someone calls so you just to say "don't forget to take an umbrella, it's raining heavily".

Sorry to hear about your brother. I guess it's very hard when you don't get along with your siblings, but your own family is a priority now and when you have your own problems, it must be exhausting to work on relation with him, especially if he's not willing to make an effort.

I understand what you're saying. I can imagine being an only child would be very lonely at times. I often preferred to be alone as a child (or with friends) rather than deal with my brother, but at least he was still there.

And yes, I tried to ignore my brother's mental abuse for 4 decades because he is my only sibling and I didn't want to lose that, but there's no dealing with him. I put up with it waaaay too long. I was a fool to take so much. I haven't spoken with him in about a year and it's been wonderful.

Ashi
Oct 11th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Too true.:lol:

saint2
Oct 11th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I have one younger brother. Im fine with that. Hes the one who is supposed to make family proud, and I just...am who I am (tough my parents would love me to be like my brother :lol:).

Wiggly
Oct 11th, 2012, 05:20 PM
The oldest is usually the most "respected".

saint2
Oct 11th, 2012, 05:31 PM
The oldest is usually the most "respected".

Not in my case...

dybbuk
Oct 11th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I'm the youngest, but my friend is the oldest and her parents give zero fucks about what she does.

This is true. I'm the youngest and I always got watched so much more closely. They put like all kinds of locks on the computer when I was a kid to show them anything and everything I did on the internet. :sobbing:

I am the only boy and I have 5 older sisters. It was awful. I was their toy and they would send me to school with barretts and ribbons in my hair so I would get laughed at. When I was 6 I hadn't caught onto it was the part about a boy wearing ribbons that people are laughing about.

Sammo
Oct 11th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Oldest, and then only. I'm an only child and I love it, but I have to admit it got pretty boring at times when I was young.

On the other hand I inherit everything from my family, cause I don't have any cousins either :drool:

Honestly, I would exchange the inheritance for having had a younger brother when I was young. For cousins? My ass :lol:

Expat
Oct 12th, 2012, 06:36 AM
youngest. i am also the youngest. on a gay board mostly youngest siblings around. coincidence???

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 12th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Youngest.

Harry.
Oct 12th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Zero votes for the middle child... :sobbing:

The youngest usually gets away with most things really. And they also always get to learn from the mistakes their older siblings have made, etc. So yeah.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 12th, 2012, 09:47 AM
It really depends.

In my case, I was the youngest of 2 sisters for 19 years, when my mom got pregnant with my now youngest sister. Though I have the horrible tag of being the middle child now, weirdly enough I still think of myself as the youngest. During my time as the actual youngest, I was definitely lucky. I got whatever I wanted. Every fight I had with my sister I won simply because my parents would give my big sister the standard "You're older, you should know better. You're supposed to set an example" line. I could also nick many of my sister's shoes and clothes and get away with it.

There were also many drawbacks. My parents never let me drive even after I got my permit because they trusted Valen more. She also always got the bigger room!

The best thing though was that I was always the most "protected". Like at school, nobody dared bully me because my sister would always defend me.

My youngest sister I think feels more like an only child because the age gap is so vast. She's terribly spoiled by my parents, my big sister and me. I dont think it's the luckiest because not having a sibling that you can actually grow up with has gotta be pretty lonely.

Steven.
Oct 12th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Youngest for sure.

Driven around everywhere by their older siblings, can steal from siblings wardrobes, get everything they want.

-
I'm the eldest.

me. I'm lucky my brother dresses heaps well even tho he's straight.

also having an older sibling basically means u have someone to guide u through adversities, they do everything for u, buy u shit (except my brother steals my money all the time...) and most importantly they get u maccas whenever u want :drool:

matthias
Oct 12th, 2012, 09:52 AM
youngest is the luckiest when there are more then 2 kids

Yoncé
Oct 12th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Youngest. I'm the youngest and would vouch for that 100%

The Witch-king
Oct 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
There is no such thing as luck. There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe.

Javi.
Oct 12th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Youngest gets the more affection (even maybe more things, money, can inherit siblings's clothes, etc) but is more difficult to get the respect, I mean, being treated like an adult. He/she will be always the "baby", the young, etc. And sometimes the rest of the family can be overprotective with them.
Oldest is more free but has to face more responsabilties. As one said, it's not easy to be the first one in doing all the things but in the long run I think it's the better. He is usually more respected. But parents tend to be more strict over them.
Being each one has pros and cons.
And I think anyway to have siblings is always better than being only child.
Of course, this is just an opinion of what I see it's more usual but it really depends on each one's circunstances.

I'm the youngest and I have 2 siblings (brother and sister).

By the way, don't you feel gays are quite often the youngest child?

delicatecutter
Oct 12th, 2012, 03:42 PM
youngest is the luckiest when there are more then 2 kids

This is how it is in my family. My mom has told us that she likes my youngest sister the best.

Julian.
Oct 12th, 2012, 03:46 PM
This is how it is in my family. My mom has told us that she likes my youngest sister the best.

WTF. She actually blatantly said that? :hysteric:

NyCPsU
Oct 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Im the oldest of 4. I am counted on to be the most responsible, most dependable, basically the golden boy of the family. It can be really annoying at times growing up to have been "in trouble" for things that my younger siblings never would get in trouble for later on.

My youngest brother definitely has been given the most freedom and everything he wants. Hes spoiled but he is also lazy and unproductive because of this.

My sister is the third and she gets a lot of attention for being the only girl. The second child is my brother and he definitely suffered from middle child syndrome at some points, calling out for attention and all of that.

Overall in terms of being spoiled, having the least amount of rules, and general quality of life Id go with younger. But for parents taking time and doing things to ensure I ended up an ok citizen Id say being the oldest. They just cared more the first time around with everything.

delicatecutter
Oct 12th, 2012, 03:54 PM
WTF. She actually blatantly said that? :hysteric:

Yes. My mom told me to go to hell a couple months ago. She's kind of a bitch sometimes.

NyCPsU
Oct 12th, 2012, 03:55 PM
^ I cant. :sobbing:

Javi.
Oct 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Yes. My mom told me to go to hell a couple months ago. She's kind of a bitch sometimes.

Wow. She told you go to hell and that your youngest sister is her favorite? :hysteric:

delicatecutter
Oct 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Wow. She told you go to hell and that your youngest sister is her favorite? :hysteric:

She also told me I was going to hell with the 911 terrorists because I'm not a Christian. She told me I don't have any feelings. And that she loves me because I'm her son but she doesn't like me. My mom has told me a lot of things in my life. :hearts:

Julian.
Oct 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM
She also told me I was going to hell with the 911 terrorists because I'm not a Christian. She told me I don't have any feelings. And that she loves me because I'm her son but she doesn't like me. My mom has told me a lot of things in my life. :hearts:

:hysteric:

Poor you Wally :sobbing::awww::hug:

Super Dave
Oct 12th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Damn :[

Sammo
Oct 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM

http://dickinabox.net/funneh/picard_hold_head.gif

I CAN'T

NyCPsU
Oct 12th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I think we can all agree that regardless of order of birth Wally is not the luckiest. :hug:

saint2
Oct 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Im the oldest of 4. I am counted on to be the most responsible, most dependable, basically the golden boy of the family. It can be really annoying at times growing up to have been "in trouble" for things that my younger siblings never would get in trouble for later on.

So you are like my younger brother.
One day I really need to thank him. He did really took preassure off my back.

Too bad...Or maybe good ? My mother would kill anyone who would say that I am inferior to my brother (wich I really am). Sometimes I wish she'd love me less. It would be better for her and for me...

edificio
Oct 12th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Everyone has already detailed why there is a clear winner, and also why middle children get the shaft. :lol:

edificio
Oct 12th, 2012, 09:29 PM

I'd definitely say goodbye to all that.

adam_ads_n
Oct 12th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Well... I have an older sister and I will always think that older child is luckier.

My sister always had everything first - when my parents got a new TV - she got the old one to her room, when she was 15 she could go out to the party, and when I was 15 I could not because I was "the younger one". When my grandma was giving a flat to one of us - it was her, because she is the older one... and so on. She was in general treated better, even though I was the one with better grades at school, more ambitions etc.

Now, when I am 26 and she is 29, I am sure I am more lucky in life, career and in general, but in family she was always treated better. So in nature everything is leveled :p

Certinfy
Oct 13th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Middle child I guess. :(

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 19th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Another reason the youngest child is lucky is that they can look at their older siblings and say "I won't make the mistakes they did" :oh:.

VeeJJ
Nov 19th, 2012, 03:57 AM
youngest

wild.river
Nov 19th, 2012, 04:17 AM
i'm a middle child, and i like it!
i'm close to my big brother who's 3 yrs older than me and close to my younger sister who's 4 yrs younger than me.
but they're not very close to each other.

Pump-it-UP
Nov 19th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Youngest :angel: