PDA

View Full Version : Most Painful Sharapova Final Loss?

Charlatan
Oct 8th, 2012, 02:21 AM
This thread, by no way, is meant to bring pova down for losing the finals listed here. Like she always said in her press: losing in a final is disappointing, but it also means she is winning more matches than many players to advance to the final.

But there are some matches, where she was just outplayed by a better opponent and couldn't do anything and matches where she was just plain bad and displayed sucktastic tennis and couldn't keep more than 3 balls in the court.

Which of these final looses hurt you most, haunt you so bad whenever you think of it and still wish she would have won, somehow?

2004 Zurich Final: A.Molik def. M.Sharapova 4-6, 6-2, 6-3
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_5072357c77f5e.jpg

2005 Miami Final: K.Clijsters def. M.Sharapova 6-3, 7-5
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_50723313f35c1.jpg

2006 Dubai Final: J.Henin def. M.Sharapova 7-5, 6-2
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507232e5e2d13.jpg

2006 Miami Final: S.Kuznetsova def. M.Sharapova 6-4, 6-3
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_5072332458dcc.jpg

2007 Australian Open: S.Williams def. M.Sharapova 6-1, 6-2
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507232404ed35.jpg

2007 Birmingham: J.Jankovic def. M.Sharapova 4-6, 6-3, 7-5
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_50723847c148a.jpg

2007 YEC: J.Henin def. M.Sharapova 5-7, 7-5, 6-3
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507235517782a.jpg

2009 Rogers Cup: E.Dementieva def. M.Sharapova 6-4, 6-3
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507233a207757.jpg

2010 Birmingham: N.Li def. M.Sharapova 7-5, 6-1
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507232a975dd8.jpg

2010 Stanford: V.Azarenka def. M.Sharapova 6-4, 6-1
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507233c82663b.jpg

2010 Cincinnati: K.Clijsters def. M.Sharapova 2-6, 7-6, 6-2
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507232c669b6c.jpg

2011 Miami: V.Azarenka def. M.Sharapova 6-1, 6-4
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_5072333718dd1.jpg

2011 Wimbledon: P.Kvitova def. M.Sharapova 6-3, 6-4
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507233f34caff.jpg

2012 Australian Open: V.Azarenka def. M.Sharapova 6-3, 6-0
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_50723271eecc0.jpg

2012 Indian Wells: V.Azarenka def. M.Sharapova 6-3, 6-2
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507232f7a3a35.jpg

2012 Miami: A.Radwanska def. M.Sharapova 7-5, 6-4
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_5072336c8649e.jpg

2012 Olympics: S.Williams def. M.Sharapova 6-0, 6-1
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_50723385d4cc3.jpg

2012 Beijing: V.Azarenka def. M.Sharapova 6-3, 6-1
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_5072328a3cfaf.jpg

Trih
Oct 8th, 2012, 02:32 AM
The thing that haunts me so bad is the fact I only saw the last 6 of those finals. :sad:
IT: 2012 AO and OG.

Stonerpova
Oct 8th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Australia this year. She was never going to beat Serena at the Olympics, and I do wish that she had won more than one fucking game, but losing 3 and 0 in a slam final to Azarenka still hurts.

tennis-insomniac
Oct 8th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Nothing compares the Cincy 2010 final for me, 3 MPs blown by Masha in the final? almost unheard of from a player like Maria, I think it was the only time she did that. That's the worst loss in final by Sharapova for me.

Charlatan
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:08 AM
For me,
(1)AO 07. She was not going to win with the way serena was playing at the other side, but I still wish it wasn't as bad of a beatdown as it was. That beatdown leaves a big scar on pova for the rest of her career, while playing serena
(2)Miami 2012 (one of the matches where she wasn't necessarily outplayed and she let it slip away out of her hands)

Mexicola
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:18 AM
That 2010 Cincy Final was bad. She played such great tennis in those first two sets against Clijsters and that title would have been a tremendous accomplishment in an otherwise tough year. But Maria let the incoming storms distract her and she started rushing, trying to get the match over with, and made mistakes at the worst time, blowing those MPs. After she lost that second set, I've never seen Maria look so visibly distraught on a tennis court. Michael was doing everything he could to keep her positive, but Maria looked totally defeated. The 3rd set was just a formality.

It's also hard to choose between the Grand Slam final losses. They were all humiliating. But the Aussie loss this year is probably the worst because that feeble performance pretty much created the new Vika, who was suddenly not a headcase anymore. Maria had 2-0, 0-30. Who knows, if Maria put her foot down right there and gotten a second break, maybe the old Vika shows up. I just didn't expect it to be Maria that crumbled in such spectacular fashion. It was the match that made me consider that maybe Maria really isn't that mentally tough.

Stonerpova
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:29 AM
That 2010 Cincy Final was bad. She played such great tennis in those first two sets against Clijsters and that title would have been a tremendous accomplishment in an otherwise tough year. But Maria let the incoming storms distract her and she started rushing, trying to get the match over with, and made mistakes at the worst time, blowing those MPs. After she lost that second set, I've never seen Maria look so visibly distraught on a tennis court. Michael was doing everything he could to keep her positive, but Maria looked totally defeated. The 3rd set was just a formality.

It's also hard to choose between the Grand Slam final losses. They were all humiliating. But the Aussie loss this year is probably the worst because that feeble performance pretty much created the new Vika, who was suddenly not a headcase anymore. Maria had 2-0, 0-30. Who knows, if Maria put her foot down right there and gotten a second break, maybe the old Vika shows up. I just didn't expect it to be Maria that crumbled in such spectacular fashion. It was the match that made me consider that maybe Maria really isn't that mentally tough.

I think it just showed that she wanted it too much. Her ability to rebound from that match and final losses in IW and Miami to tear up the clay season is a testament to her mental fortitude and her resilience. She won a game in the Olympic final, got sick and missed the entire US Open series, and still managed to get to the US Open semis and give Azarenka a fight on hardcourts for once. She certainly has a mental block against Aza now, but she's still tough as nails.

Mexicola
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I also have to say that looking at all of these pictures of Maria holding runner-up trophys is pretty depressing. :sad:

But I thought that 2012 Miami tournament with she-who-shall-not-be-named never actually happened? That must be a doctored picture....

Cherry.
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Miami 2012. I will never ever get over this.
No Serena, no Vika. Golden chance and BAM, she wasted it like that.

Mexicola
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:47 AM
I think it just showed that she wanted it too much. Her ability to rebound from that match and final losses in IW and Miami to tear up the clay season is a testament to her mental fortitude and her resilience. She won a game in the Olympic final, got sick and missed the entire US Open series, and still managed to get to the US Open semis and give Azarenka a fight on hardcourts for once. She certainly has a mental block against Aza now, but she's still tough as nails.

That is true. I've never seen a player who recovers quicker from bad matches, bad losses, bad string of DFs, bad points. It's like she has delete button in her head. :lol:

ziros
Oct 8th, 2012, 04:16 AM
For me,it was AO '07. Maria was the favourite for that match for sure,she'd played the best tennis throughout the tournament and at that time no one knew she was going to become Serena's punching bag. It looked like Henin,Sharapova,Clijsters were the players of the future and Serena was finished. Serena was in terrible shape and had only won one slam in the last 3 and a half years going in. Didn't see it coming at all,and if you look back,not many did. It took me a long,long time to get over that match,and probably Maria as well. Maybe she still hasn't got over that match fully

denny5576
Oct 8th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Lost final cannot be so painful because in any case Maria is already in the final which always is a great achievement. For me the most painful are:
- AO 2005 loss to Serena
- RG 2011 loss to LI Na

WowWow
Oct 8th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Losing to someone like Aga must hurt the most.

Shivank17
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:26 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbkyqbwi6n1rut21io1_1280.jpg
So many choices from this year. :hysteric:

Definitely Miami 2012 for me, she was the overwhelming favorite and completely fucked up. :o

domon17th
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
See the difference between pre-surgery final losses and post-surgery final losses? Not only the quality of the opposition, but the quality of her own play. That's the major difference here.

And with everything, the inevitability and all, I still say that AO07 final loss against Sarin. That was the one that took me a while to get over.

doomsday
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:40 PM
This thread is depressing, I just can't stay in here.:lol:

NashaMasha
Oct 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Miami Final 2012, because losing to a mug is always depressing.... And it was 100% Masha's fault for losing it

SilverSlam
Oct 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM
This thread is depressing, I just can't stay in here.:lol:

I know. SS right now is in more of a slump than Ivanovic's eating habits. Between the defeatist YEC thread title to this "lets look at all her worst losses after a tough loss, and reflect on how much she sucks" thread, I can't. :wavey:

Charlatan
Oct 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I know. SS right now is in more of a slump than Ivanovic's eating habits. Between the defeatist YEC thread title to this "lets look at all her worst losses after a tough loss, and reflect on how much she sucks" thread, I can't. :wavey:

:lol: not really. that's why I wrote in the opening line that this thread is not to highlight how she sucks in finals

It's always good to reflect things from the past and get a new perspective :p

Kon.
Oct 8th, 2012, 07:24 PM
So many to choose from but I'll say Miami 2012.
She had lost those hc finals to Vika looking pretty helpless and then comes this and she loses to Radwanska.
That 3 final losing streak in the beginning of the year was so depressing. Thank god for the clay season right after.

jameshazza
Oct 8th, 2012, 09:31 PM
:lol:
There's been too many. Maria has no single greatest Final loss, but a greatest hits compilation.

Mexicola
Oct 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Yep, these past two years especially have had a lot of brutal moments. :sad: And not just in finals. You obviously had the US Open semifinal defeat to Vika, which was really tough because Maria was in great position to actually win in a rout and change the dynamic of the rivalry in a big way. 6-2, 1-0, 40-15. 2 points to consolidate that break. Ugh..

But the worst loss EVER for me will be the 2011 French semi against Li Na. The way Maria gagged every single big point still leaves me speechless.

Kitten63
Oct 8th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Yep, these past two years especially have had a lot of brutal moments. :sad: And not just in finals. You obviously had the US Open semifinal defeat to Vika, which was really tough because Maria was in great position to actually win in a rout and change the dynamic of the rivalry in a big way. 6-2, 1-0, 40-15. 2 points to consolidate that break. Ugh..

But the worst loss EVER for me will be the 2011 French semi against Li Na. The way Maria gagged every single big point still leaves me speechless.
Same for me, I atually cried after that loss. It's easier to deal with it now because she won RG this year but if she had ended her career without a French Open,I would have never gotten over it because at the time it was her best chance to win it.

As for her most painful loss in a final,It's got to be AO this year. There was just no excuse for her to win only 3 games against Azarenka.

AO 2007,Olympics 2012 and Miami 2012 are up there too.

Joelina
Oct 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
even though she lost those final results, before 2012 were solid three or two setters without bagels at least, but from 2012 :unsure:

Maria Croft
Oct 9th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Too many to choose from.
What irks me the most is the way in which it happens. Just look at some of these scores in the Finals from this year alone.
If it hadn't been for all those beatdowns in the Finals of so many tournaments this year, I would have considered this her best year on tour.

sfan
Oct 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
every loss hurts a lot :( but losses against that fat ugly player hirt the most :sad:

Mexicola
Oct 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Too many to choose from.
What irks me the most is the way in which it happens. Just look at some of these scores in the Finals from this year alone.
If it hadn't been for all those beatdowns in the Finals of so many tournaments this year, I would have considered this her best year on tour.

I think a telling stat is the one someone posted in this forum a few days ago. Before the surgery, Maria was a stellar 20-7 in tournament finals. After the surgery, it's been a dreadful 7-11. She just isn't the same in the clutch anymore against the top players. There's a fragility to her. When Maria's game goes bad, it REALLY goes bad and you get results in finals like we've seen post 2008.

Stonerpova
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I think a telling stat is the one someone posted in this forum a few days ago. Before the surgery, Maria was a stellar 20-7 in tournament finals. After the surgery, it's been a dreadful 7-11. She just isn't the same in the clutch anymore against the top players. There's a fragility to her. When Maria's game goes bad, it REALLY goes bad and you get results in finals like we've seen post 2008.

I blame so much of it on her forehand. I understand they had to alter the technique following the shoulder issues (i.e., less reverse follow through), but now she doesn't get the angle on it that she once did, especially on the cross court. And she's less willing to come in and drive volley than she was in 2008.

Having said that I think she's continuing to improve, and I'm sure that when she hired Hoggy he had a long term plan for her as far as what to work on. Her movement and serve have really improved this season, and now she seems to be putting some MPH's back on her strokes.

Plus 5 of those 11 losses were to Azarenka, and at least she's getting as far as she is. I too wish some of those losses were closer, but it beats losing in the second round of every other tournament (like that other fave of mine :o ). I'll take a slam winning season if it means losing five finals TBH. I still say RG was worth it.

Cosmic Voices
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Griffin your avi and signature are both just DIVINE :inlove:

adamserenavenus
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I felt down when Maria lost the 2011 Wimbledon Final as I would like her to win a 2nd Wimbledon title.

mc8114
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Olympics, followed by 2012 AO.

NashaMasha
Oct 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Olympics, followed by 2012 AO.
Olympics wasn't a disappointment. The winner was clear before SF or Final.... Serena was just from another planet

zigga
Oct 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM
What a depressing thread :sobbing:
I voted for AO and Miami 2012.

slamchamp
Oct 10th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Miami 2012 was :o Losing to Ratwanska in 2 sets in the final?? I'm still pissed

$uricate
Oct 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM
AO 2012 :sobbing:

I was on a massive tear on GM getting badreps right left and centre :lol:

The Olympics was bad but it was expected, and nobody can deny how well Serena played in 2007 AO final.

This year's AO I actually can't though. She was up a break in the first ffs. Vika was good but Maria was a bag of nerves and it showed.

doktor
Oct 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM
AO 2012 definitely.

She started so well and then...

I still don't like thinking about it, it was like watching a car crash - horrible, painful, scary and unbelievable but you couldn't look away.

mc8114
Oct 11th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Olympics wasn't a disappointment. The winner was clear before SF or Final.... Serena was just from another planet oh, I didn't expect her to take the gold. I just think it was a painful loss because of the scoreline :o

JoPova
Oct 11th, 2012, 12:22 PM
AO 2012 by far.. Everyone expected a competitive match at least, but it ended up being an embrassing beatdown! :facepalm:

As far as the Olympics final is concerned, the winner of that tournament was a sure thing since the beginning. Nobody expected Maria to even win a set! Serena is one of the GOATs and she was playing her best tennis on her favorite surface. No shame in losing to that kind of player. Moreover, she nearly lost to Lisicki, so the silver medal was an incredible achievement.

Mr.Sharapova
Oct 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cincinnati 2010 against Clijsters. My life never was the same after that match :sobbing:.

Jeffery
Oct 18th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I hated seeing her lose to Radwanka in Miami.

Hope to see some revenge @ YEC

SilverSlam
Oct 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I haven't seen the infamous Miami match, but I think it just means I can fully deny that it ever happened.

Julian.
Jan 31st, 2013, 12:36 AM
OMG why start this thread? :hysteric:

The Olympic final for me :sobbing:

Miami final against Aga is painful too cos she was SUPPOSED to win that :sobbing:

dsanders06
Jan 31st, 2013, 12:57 AM
AO 2012 for sure, simply because I was so convinced she had that title after winning the semis, and it really was a shock for me to see how it unfolded :o

The manner of the Olympics defeat was painful, but I wasn't actually expecting her to win it (the only time I've actually expected her to lose to Serena in their last few matches :lol: ) and I honestly went into the tournament expecting a 3rd-round loss to Lisicki, so it wasn't too bad in the long run, and I was actually quite pleased after the Wimbledon 2011 final, because I also really didn't think she was winning that one and because it was one of the rare occasions where the positives of finally making a final after years of being in the wilderness outweighed the negative of the end result.

Miami final last year was only painful because of who she lost to and the fact her "shade" towards Radwanska ended up blowing up in her face, but if she'd lost that final to Li or Stosur or someone then I wouldn't really have cared much at all tbh :lol: I know some people here really want her to win Miami, but speaking personally, I wouldn't really lose that much sleep if she ended her career without it.

BadgerM
Jan 31st, 2013, 01:09 AM
2012 AO because of how she just totally unraveled after 2-0* 0-30.
2012 Miami needs no explanation, especially because of the Poland karma.

Didn't vote for 2011 Wimbledon mostly because I like Petra and she seemed to play well that day, but Kvitty needs to get her act together and start thrashing the others in her generation again. Otherwise, I'm going to start questioning how OK I am with Masha losing that final.

Oh, and for however much GM seems to love that Olympics "crying" gif, that loss was the least painful of any loss last year to me. Serena played great, and Martha got a medal out of it so whatever.

Fiercepova
Jan 31st, 2013, 01:21 AM
Cincinnati 2010 against Clijsters. My life never was the same after that match :sobbing:.

This :sobbing: I was so convinced that Maria would win when she was leading 6-2 5-3 with 3 match points and the rain came, and I couldn't know when the rain would stop, so I went to sleep and checked the scores the next morning. I was too shocked that I couldn't even say a word :o That's why I felt so happy that she had finally got her revenge against Kim last year before she retired.

TrollPova
Jan 31st, 2013, 01:25 AM
^^ :sobbing: didn't she hurt her ankle too in the 3rd set? So so so depressing :hysteric:

NiMaria
Jan 31st, 2013, 01:37 AM
The worst for me was 2012 AO because I honestly thought after all the hard work and disappointment that she was ready and willing to give 110% to get that title (I thought the same thing this AO :lol:).

I'll never forget the feeling when I woke up to check that scoreline :bigcry:

Stonerpova
Jan 31st, 2013, 02:40 AM
I don't like this thread.

Fighterpova
Jan 31st, 2013, 04:48 AM
AO 2012 was incredibly disappointing, but the winner for me in Cincinnati 2010 :sobbing:

I cried for hours :hysteric:

PimpMePova
Jan 31st, 2013, 05:04 AM
For me it's always more disappointing if it's a grand slam loss so I have to say AO 2012 if it's another tournament it definitely isn't nice especially if she loses against Radwanska in the Miami final :sobbing: but I can get over those loses. However I was pretty depressed after the Beijing loss because I felt she can never perform well agains Vika but she made up for it at the YEC :hearts:

Trih
Jan 31st, 2013, 06:42 AM

* >_>

claypova
Jan 31st, 2013, 09:50 AM

me neither. I was ready to say AO12, but then I saw all the other options that I'd totally forgotten about (Miami and Cincy). :sobbing:

AnnieIWillKnow
Jan 31st, 2013, 12:14 PM
So many Miami finals :hysteric:

heavyhorse
Jan 31st, 2013, 12:26 PM
2011 Wimbledon: P.Kvitova def. M.Sharapova 6-3, 6-4
http://www.image-tools.com/images/resized_507233f34caff.jpg

Wow they both look really nice here.

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 31st, 2013, 12:40 PM
She needs to win a Miami title asap :sobbing:.

Ksenia.
Jan 31st, 2013, 02:44 PM
I wonder if all the people who are voting for 2012 losses were actually following Maria a while back?

Because nothing beats AO07 for me. I remember waking up at 3am for the match, all excited, and then it was over in like an hour... Never before she was demolished on a big stage like that, it was almost impossible to come to terms with :sobbing: And it was the fist slam final she lost, too.

domon17th
Jan 31st, 2013, 03:00 PM
^^ I get you. The very first time Maria got a thrashing I believe, in primetime, Slam final to boot.

I'll never forget the horror as I watched it from start to finish, with the initial excitement with Maria being called the favourite by almost EVERYONE, to the eventual demolishment. It was still the original Masha massacre for me, the most horrible loss that opened the floodgates :sobbing:

Kitten63
Jan 31st, 2013, 07:57 PM
I wonder if all the people who are voting for 2012 losses were actually following Maria a while back?

Because nothing beats AO07 for me. I remember waking up at 3am for the match, all excited, and then it was over in like an hour... Never before she was demolished on a big stage like that, it was almost impossible to come to terms with :sobbing: And it was the fist slam final she lost, too.

That loss was awful but I was actually expecting her to lose,maybe not so badly but still and Serena was amazing that day.

Ollie.
Jan 31st, 2013, 08:25 PM
I would have to say either 2011 Wimbledon or 2012 AO....:sad: At Wimbledon, her serve was just so awful, and at the AO, she just came out and played rather flat. :(

stegall
Jan 31st, 2013, 08:37 PM
I would say 2011 Wimbledon because at that point it was still uncertain if she would win a grand slam after surgery and Kvitova was relatively new to the scene. The Olympics final was bad but at that point I was resigned that she's not going to beat Serena on grass so it wasn't that surprising.

Stonerpova
Feb 1st, 2013, 12:10 AM

I wasn't a tennis fan then, but I these days I can at least take solace in the fact that she was totally outplayed in that one. I've seen that match, and yeah it was embarrassing, but Serena has shown us time and time again since that match that there's no shame in losing easily to her. AO 2012 was a match 100% on Maria's racket and she totally fucked it up. That's what makes it sting the most for me.

I really couldn't give a shit about the Miami finals (the Cincy final stung, too, but it was still only Cincy) or the other MM titles she didn't win.

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 04:37 AM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptustenexperts/Maria-Sharapova-holds-latest-trophy.jpg
http://www.womenstennisblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Maria-Sharapova-career-grand-slam.jpg
http://www.mariasharapova.com/media/560479/stuttgart124_bannerImageCrop.jpg
THIS THREAD SUCKS SO I'M FIXING IT :sobbing:

Trih
Feb 1st, 2013, 05:38 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5m1gqLeC41rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Stonerpova
Feb 1st, 2013, 06:32 AM
Mark :cheer:

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hold up I'm creating something even more epic

Maria rocks
Feb 1st, 2013, 06:46 AM
2012 Australian Open Final. To see Maria cry like that broke my heart i just wanted to put my arm through the tv and around Maria and tell her it was ok.

Then On June 9th it was tears of joy.

Maria rocks
Feb 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM

Ive supported Maria since 2004. Yes that AO 2007 final was painful i remember it well but i felt AO 2012 was more painful because well its hard to explain but i could feel how much she wanted it i mean just look at that reaction when she beat Kvitova in the semi, then to lose to Vika in the final like that was heartbreaking.

Cosmic Voices
Feb 1st, 2013, 09:29 AM
have to say, it is awfully hilarious and by chance that she's won a slam in an even year, and each consecutive win she's wore black or white :lol:

ffs maria all you need to do is wear black or white!!!!
i bet for RG she'll wear like grey to piss us off

Maria rocks
Feb 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM
have to say, it is awfully hilarious and by chance that she's won a slam in an even year, and each consecutive win she's wore black or white :lol:

ffs maria all you need to do is wear black or white!!!!
i bet for RG she'll wear like grey to piss us off

HA HA yeah

Sam L
Feb 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Sorry I read the question incorrectly. I thought it asked which losses would hurt her the most. I picked AO '07 (she was world No. 1 and reigning US Open champion) and Olympics (comes around only once every four years).

None of these losses hurt me.

Maria rocks
Feb 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM
Sorry I read the question incorrectly. I thought it asked which losses would hurt her the most. I picked AO '07 (she was world No. 1 and reigning US Open champion) and Olympics (comes around only once every four years).

Well i think AO 12 hurt her judging by the tears when she lost.

Cosmic Voices
Feb 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM
I noticed 'near-to-tears' in the YEC 07 interview. But that match was amazing, unlike the AO where she just couldn't do anything right

Maria rocks
Feb 1st, 2013, 01:07 PM
I noticed 'near-to-tears' in the YEC 07 interview. But that match was amazing, unlike the AO where she just couldn't do anything right

True. Both loss's were hard to take. I hate seeing Masha upset:tears:

I would rather remember the good times and look forward to more good times.

Moments like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2Owue9zevLY

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9058/lolsi.jpg

:hysteric: I missed a few, but YOLO.

Trih
Feb 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM
I can't give you rep for this yet :crying2: :inlove: :hearts:

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM
I'll be waiting for when you can :oh:

But really, I missed 09 Tokyo and Strasbourg 10, lets see what else you guys can find that is missing, and ALSO what isn't an actual WTA tournament trophy :oh:

Trih
Feb 1st, 2013, 04:27 PM
I'm such a mess of a fan from 2004 to 2011 I'm sure I don't even know what she won and what not. :facepalm: :tears:
I didn't even know if she ever won Miami or IW until last year :rolls:
So, there's 23 pics and she won what, 27 trophies iirc? Should be 2 more missing then...

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 04:37 PM
I'm such a mess of a fan from 2004 to 2011 I'm sure I don't even know what she won and what not. :facepalm: :tears:
I didn't even know if she ever won Miami or IW until last year :rolls:
So, there's 23 pics and she won what, 27 trophies iirc? Should be 2 more missing then...

But there's one which isn't an actual WTA tournament :oh: it's something else.

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 04:39 PM
Ones I know I've left out.

2005 Doha
2009 Tokyo
2010 Strasbourg
2011 Rome :sad:

Trih
Feb 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM
I think I only recognize the 4 slams + Doha 2008 (because I saw the pics in the last days) + her titles in 2011 and 2012 (Rome x2 - Cincinnati - Stuttgart).
What's the one which isn't a WTA tournament? :confused: and I don't think I see the 2004 YEC... :unsure:
I also don't understand what that trophy with a Porsche sign on the net is, as it's obviously not Stuttgart :o

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 04:41 PM
I think I only recognize the 4 slams + Doha 2008 (because I saw the pics in the last days) + her titles in 2011 and 2012 (Rome x2 - Cincinnati - Stuttgart).
What's the one which isn't a WTA tournament? :confused: and I don't think I see the 2004 YEC... :unsure:

:lol: Rome 2011 isn't there, and it's the Hua Hin Exhibition from 2010 where she beat Venus :oh: She's in red on the left.

YEC 04 is underneath the Roma one to the right.

Trih
Feb 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM
All this makes me want a time machine :crying2:

PimpMePova
Feb 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mark your avi!!!! :hearts: telling the audience to fuck on like a boss :lol:

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM
:lol: I try my best. I have so many avatars now I actually don't know what ones to use :sobbing:

And Trih I know, it feels weird, because I missed so much of her career (everything outside of AO until 2010) so it's weird thinking I've maybe missed more than I'll see :sobbing:

JoPova
Feb 1st, 2013, 05:21 PM
I love your new avatar, Mark! :hearts: that was such a sweet moment, unlike this year's SF :o

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 05:23 PM
:lol: Don't remind me, I'm looking for new signatures because seeing Na makes me feel a little upset still.

Icky80
Feb 1st, 2013, 10:45 PM
Definitely 2012 AO final. I honestly think she underestimated Aze. She's played her tougher ever since.

Charlatan
Feb 1st, 2013, 10:53 PM

* >_>

me neither.

Don't worry. I'll make sure to update this thread with her impending final losses every time. You are welcome.

Of course. And you also read the sub-forum incorrectly. Siberian Siren

But there's one which isn't an actual WTA tournament :oh: it's something else.

Thailand exo fugly trophy.

Ones I know I've left out.

2005 Doha
2009 Tokyo
2010 Strasbourg
2011 Rome :sad:

2007 Acura Classics. FAKE FAN111

SilverSlam
Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AUDy2UTl.jpg

:crying2: The image got deleted off ImageShack for some reason :unsure:

Trih
Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Imgur > Imageshack :rocker2:
but this time I'm saving it :oh:

SilverSlam
Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
There's the fullsize verison :oh:

http://i.imgur.com/AUDy2UT.jpg

And I know, but Imgur only lets you have 225 images :hysteric:

Trih
Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Oh, I guess I never reached that cap lol.

SilverSlam
Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:13 AM
Don't worry. I'll make sure to update this thread with her impending final losses every time. You are welcome.

Thailand exo fugly trophy.

2007 Acura Classics. FAKE FAN111

You bitch :sobbing:

Yes.

I forgot to add it in, I thought it was there :sobbing: She beat Schnyder in that Final, oh I hated Patty :devil:

Monzanator
Mar 11th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Miami 2012 just for the sake of it being Miami and playing Radwanska of all people in that final. Losing to Serena is no reason to be ashamed of even wasting MP in AO 2005. Cincinnati 2010 is a close second though because of how poor 2010 Maria's season was :sobbing:

SilverSlam
Mar 11th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Noooo not this thread again :crying2: