PDA

View Full Version : How was your first time ... getting mugged?

Mistress of Evil
Oct 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Hello, dear TFers! Remember how I shared with you my experience of getting my flying cherry popped ... well, little did I know I was on a cherry popping roll. :D Obviously, the next first time of mine was to be getting mugged/beaten up ...

Setting the scene:

What does the run-of-the-mill person do on Friday night? Probably get rat ass drunk. However, as the super nerd that I am I was in the library finishing off a seminar prep that had to be done ages ago & chatting with my dear friend Regina George. It was nice reconnecting with her and we even had a discussion over hate crimes and violence in general. Funny, isn't it? Anyway, so around 10.30 I was finally heading home and it was raining(as always) so had my hood on and Marina was blasting from my headphones. So as I was lipsyncing 'Sex, Sex Yeah' and out of the blue this kid get on a bike gets in front of me and starts talking but I am like get lost and start to walk away. Unfortunately, I fail to do so since I am suddenly kinda grasping for air. Apparently, someone is holding a metal stick around my neck and I am kinda chocking( choking on a stick might be fun, this wasn't)! So obviously I froze, panicked slowly got on the ground and didn't even scream. :lol: Though, I somehow crawled to the road and after a few kicks and some strangling the whole thing ended coz a few cars were coming and yeah the 'gang' bailed out. I should mention what I was caring: 5 pounds, my keys, ID card, mp3 player and a 19th century B&W cellphone. So what exactly did I get stolen from me? Wait for it >>> my fucking glasses the moron was like trying to get them off me the whole fucking time. Oh, I should probably mention that this happened like 200 meters before my room and that the 'gang' was riding BMXs and their average age was probably 13. :tears: The damages: a torn-up lip, a tiny scratch on my nose and one under my eye ( which just makes me looks even more of a vampire) and finally MY GLASSES. :crying2: I just got them this last month I looked dashing in them, I loved them. :sad:

P.S. Since everyone(after seeing my eye) is asking what happened I was like: 'Oh well, the humiliation cannot get any worse why not share it with my virtual extended family as well.'
P.S. Oh, and embrace yourselves for this to turn into a monthly blog about cherry popping. I have no idea which one is up next but I know its coming.

Sam L
Oct 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
OMG are you ok? :eek:

Ciarán
Oct 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I feel responsible :sobbing:. The irony :hysteric:. I hope I didn't keep you in the library longer than you should have been :sobbing:. I thought you were speaking from home. It's definitely not safe to travel anywhere, alone, at night, in any major UK cities. Sorry to hear. Hope you're OK! :hug:. Get yourself down to Specsavers!

WowWow
Oct 6th, 2012, 01:11 PM
:hug:
Glad you're OK.*

*considering what could have happened.

MaBaker
Oct 6th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hello, dear TFers! Remember how I shared with you my experience of getting my flying cherry popped ... well, little did I know I was on a cherry popping roll. :D Obviously, the next first time of mine was to be getting mugged/beaten up ...

Setting the scene:

What does the run-of-the-mill person do on Friday night? Probably get rat ass drunk. However, as the super nerd that I am I was in the library finishing off a seminar prep that had to be done ages ago & chatting with my dear friend Regina George. It was nice reconnecting with her and we even had a discussion over hate crimes and violence in general. Funny, isn't it? Anyway, so around 10.30 I was finally heading home and it was raining(as always) so had my hood on and Marina was blasting from my headphones. So as I was lipsyncing 'Sex, Sex Yeah' and out of the blue this kid get on a bike gets in front of me and starts talking but I am like get lost and start to walk away. Unfortunately, I fail to do so since I am suddenly kinda grasping for air. Apparently, someone is holding a metal stick around my neck and I am kinda chocking( choking on a stick might be fun, this wasn't)! So obviously I froze, panicked slowly got on the ground and didn't even scream. :lol: Though, I somehow crawled to the road and after a few kicks and some strangling the whole thing ended coz a few cars were coming and yeah the 'gang' bailed out. I should mention what I was caring: 5 pounds, my keys, ID card, mp3 player and a 19th century B&W cellphone. So what exactly did I get stolen from me? Wait for it >>> my fucking glasses the moron was like trying to get them off me the whole fucking time. Oh, I should probably mention that this happened like 200 meters before my room and that the 'gang' was riding BMXs and their average age was probably 13. :tears: The damages: a torn-up lip, a tiny scratch on my nose and one under my eye ( which just makes me looks even more of a vampire) and finally MY GLASSES. :crying2: I just got them this last month I looked dashing in them, I loved them. :sad:

P.S. Since everyone(after seeing my eye) is asking what happened I was like: 'Oh well, the humiliation cannot get any worse why not share it with my virtual extended family as well.'
P.S. Oh, and embrace yourselves for this to turn into a monthly blog about cherry popping. I have no idea which one is up next but I know its coming.
To be fair, you kinda deserved it.

kwilliams
Oct 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM
That sounds pretty rough, especially as it was so close to home.

I've never been mugged, pick-pocketed or even hit, shoved or verbally abused. Hoping it stays that way!

Mikey.
Oct 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
omg gurl :hysteric: I hope you're alright!

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 6th, 2012, 03:14 PM
poor Slutlio.:hug:

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 6th, 2012, 03:40 PM
As coincidence would have it my mugging also happened one night I was coming home from the library as well. This was a million years ago back when I was in 9th grade. I've never concerned myself too much w.popular trends but I can say that I was one of the first kids in my area that had those air-pump tennis shoes. Most people on this board are probably too young to remember, but this was when the Nike Air-Force 180 Pump sneakers first came out back in 1992.

So anyway I was waiting for the bus and I guess it was too dark. I saw the bus just fine but the bus driver apparently didn't see me as the bus just passed me by. Perturbed and anxious to get home I decide to just go ahead walk. I grew up in Long Beach, California and he city gets a real bad rep. In actuality it's a beautiful city with some of the best neighborhoods in southern Ca, but downtown was a different story all together especially during the late 80's and early 90's- that was toward the height of those ridiculous gang wars.

So I walk pass these three guys and as I'm passing them by I hear them comment on my shoes. "Damn, he's got those Nike pumps," I hear one of them say. I actually got a little big headed and thought to myself, "yep I sure do suckahs". And before I could finish being proud I found myself gasping for air. One of the guys had run up behind me and wrapped is arm around my neck. It happened so quick I couldn't fully process what was happening. The other two guys grabbed my legs and proceeded to take my shoes off. Then I was thrown to the ground and they ran off. I was left standing there in my socks thinking to myself, "WTF!!?".

After the shock wore off I started crying and walked home in my socks.... My parents offered to buy me another pair I decided the pumps were not for me and declined the offer...

Olórin
Oct 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Sorry to hear about that, but the most important thing is that you're ok.

I had my first and only mugging experience earlier this year. It actually ended up with the muggers running away with me in hot pursuit. Unfortunately I had just had lunch, was bloated and they escaped :sad:

Sammo
Oct 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Haven't gotten mugged... yet

saint2
Oct 6th, 2012, 03:54 PM
What "getting mugged" means ? Getting robbed ? Getting beaten?

Anyway, if anyone would start to mess with me, he'd see my knife im careying with me.

Super Dave
Oct 6th, 2012, 04:36 PM
The only time I've been 'approached' was someone wanting me to buy drugs in Detroit.

I refused :rocker2:

Mynarco
Oct 6th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Where are you in Svetlio?

Bismarck.
Oct 6th, 2012, 05:03 PM
So Manchester was a bad choice, then?

égalité
Oct 6th, 2012, 06:06 PM
oh no gurl :speakles: glad you're ok. You must have really nice taste in glasses though. :hug:

Mistress of Evil
Oct 6th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I am fine. Thank you everyone for the sympathy and all.

I feel responsible :sobbing:. The irony :hysteric:. I hope I didn't keep you in the library longer than you should have been :sobbing:. I thought you were speaking from home. It's definitely not safe to travel anywhere, alone, at night, in any major UK cities. Sorry to hear. Hope you're OK! :hug:. Get yourself down to Specsavers!

Oh, Babe, it is not you, it is me!

You are so harsh & evil, sestro( do not have cyrilic:sad:)! But yeah I was too much of a careless bitch, I will know better from now on. And to think after living all my life surrounded by vile, savage peasants with unibrows and never experienced such a thing; just 3 weeks within entering a Western country I get mugged. :crying2:

Where are you in Svetlio?

The smartass below has answered your question. To be more specific a place forgotten by God, Jehovah & Allah called Salford.

So Manchester was a bad choice, then?

Bismarck.
Oct 6th, 2012, 06:55 PM
You're in Salford? :spit: Oh shit.

ptkten
Oct 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM

:unsure:

Is it really that dangerous at 10:30 at night in U.K. cities? Sure, at 2 in the morning I would be a little more careful but walking around sober at 10:30 isn't particularly careless behavior.

Bismarck.
Oct 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
:unsure:

Is it really that dangerous at 10:30 at night in U.K. cities? Sure, at 2 in the morning I would be a little more careful but walking around sober at 10:30 isn't particularly careless behavior.

It's one of those things that depends on the area but in a lot of suburbs of major cities, it gets dangerous as soon as it gets dark, be that 10:30pm or 4:00am.

MaBaker
Oct 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM
You are so harsh & evil, sestro( do not have cyrilic:sad:)! But yeah I was too much of a careless bitch, I will know better from now on. And to think after living all my life surrounded by vile, savage peasants with unibrows and never experienced such a thing; just 3 weeks within entering a Western country I get mugged. :crying2:
Savages :( I will pray for you. You still deserved it :hi5:

delicatecutter
Oct 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I've never been mugged before but I did get clotheslined once in high school. :bigcry:

Mynarco
Oct 7th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Salford :spit: Bless you.

BlueTrees
Oct 7th, 2012, 07:00 AM
OMG I hope you're ok :awww: :hug:

I've never been mugged before but after reading what happened to you I hope it doesn't ever happen :tears:

$uricate
Oct 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM
How terrible :(

And yet kinda funny. It's the way you tell them ;)

One time some loser tried to steal my i-pod headphones, which were still stuck in my ears, but it doesn't really count as a mugging because I beat the crap out of him and he left empty handed.

I was in the library

As coincidence would have it my mugging also happened one night I was coming home from the library as well.

I hope this teaches you that libraries are scary places and learning is a dangerous pastime :o

I think these gangs hang around them knowing the patrons are easy pickings for glasses, first editions and asthma medication.