PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Bully Month: "Fat" TV Anchor Lashes Out Against Bully on Morning Show

Inger67
Oct 4th, 2012, 03:29 AM
rUOpqd0rQSo&feature=player_embedded

Very nice words spoken by a strong, confident women. Nearly 3.5 million hits in 1 day :cheer:

New_balls_please
Oct 4th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Absolutely inspiring :inlove:

Oh, and speaking of fatties... :oh:

sEBInlBUY3Q

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 4th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Fatties rule :rocker2:

Super Dave
Oct 4th, 2012, 12:58 PM
She's not even that bad :rolleyes:

KeepCalmLetItBe
Oct 4th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Its not like he wrote her "omg u are a disgusting fat bitch"

Rollo
Oct 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM

True. That was my first initial reaction. He sounded more misguided that malicious.

What a gem of speech on her part though. Her message about self-worth can't be repeated often enough. What's more, she delivered it with poise and passion.

Good on her:)

Michalka
Oct 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Apparently the dude who sent her the letter still isn't convinced by her speech :o

After the editorial aired Tuesday morning, the station’s website received about 50,000 hits, reported Anne Thompson for “Nightly News,” “almost one for every person in La Crosse.” Schools used the broadcast to talk about bullying, she said. And hundreds of people wrote notes of support on the station’s website and on Facebook:

http://www.poynter.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Screen-shot-2012-10-02-at-5.38.24-PM.png

As the story spread beyond Wisconsin and then internationally, the comments, especially on YouTube, took a rude turn.

http://www.poynter.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Screen-shot-2012-10-02-at-5.39.46-PM.png

Late Tuesday, Krause released a statement re-affirming his original position.

"Given this country’s present epidemic of obesity and the many truly horrible diseases related thereto, and considering Jennifer Livingston’s fortuitous position in the community, I hope she will finally take advantage of a rare and golden opportunity to influence the health and psychological well-being of Coulee Region children by transforming herself for all of her viewers to see over the next year, and, to that end, I would be absolutely pleased to offer Jennifer any advice or support she would be willing to accept." — Kenneth W. Krause

Source - http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/als-morning-meeting/190361/190361/

delicatecutter
Oct 4th, 2012, 02:35 PM
She thinks that is bullying? Allrighty then.

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 4th, 2012, 02:56 PM
It can be considered as a cyber-bullying, no?:shrug: Anyways, she somehow took a little too far with that message which was more like a sincere advice to me.

delicatecutter
Oct 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
The e-mail didn't seem mean-spirited at all to me. Inappropriate for sure, but the guy seemed concerned for her more than anything.

Djezonfly
Oct 4th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Bullying is the buzz word of the moment[/KyleRichards] Everyone uses it but nobody really know what it means.

hdfb
Oct 4th, 2012, 03:59 PM
That's not bullying. She has not even addressed the writer's concerns about presenting an unhealthy lifestyle to viewers. Neither did the writer use the word fat which she starts using all the time.

Wiggly
Oct 4th, 2012, 04:46 PM
This isn't bullying, the guy's intentions were misguided but good.

A lot of women look like her, they brand themselves as "real" women and they though it was an attack on THEM.

Ferg
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Whether you think it was bullying or not, the guy was being an asshole.

KournikovaFan91
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:23 PM
In school we were told bullying was HARD
H - Hurtful
A - Aggressive (could have been a different A word :scratch:)
R - Repetitive
D - Deliberate

Dunno what others think of that definition.
The repetitive bit is often missed by most people and I think repetition is quite relevant when it comes to bullying.

Mary Cherry.
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:32 PM
How misleading. I came into the thread expecting to see someone lay the smack down on a little troll live on air, instead I watched a video of some woman being spewing politically correct life coach-esque rubbish. I'm surprised she didn't offer us all a group hug at the end of it.

Dominic
Oct 5th, 2012, 01:38 AM

I agree, I didnt think it was that bad at all. And although it wasn't a very nice thing to say, can't say it wasn't true

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 5th, 2012, 01:57 AM
This calls for some Weird Al.

t2mU6USTBRE

Moveyourfeet
Oct 5th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Simply put, the Krause fellow was being a dick. He's not a regular follower of the show and doesn't personally know this woman but feels compelled to lecture her on her weight. What a troll.

The anchor needs to get a grip. He trolled her and she's crying bullying :rolleyes:. Also it's sexual orientation not preference.

Cineast
Oct 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Simply put, the Krause fellow was being a dick. He's not a regular follower of the show and doesn't personally know this woman but feels compelled to lecture her on her weight. What a troll.

Sounds like what Michelle Obama did to Gabby Douglas on the Tonight Show.

The so-called "epidemic" of obesity (it's not an epidemic since it's not a communicable disease) is being used by nanny-state types in government to try to bully people into living a lifestyle of which the nanny-staters approve: look at Michael Bloomberg in New York City, for example. And yet when it's the government that's the bully, somehow the evilness of bullying suddenly gets overlooked.

Moveyourfeet
Oct 6th, 2012, 04:05 AM
The so-called "epidemic" of obesity (it's not an epidemic since it's not a communicable disease) is being used by nanny-state types in government to try to bully people into living a lifestyle of which the nanny-staters approve: look at Michael Bloomberg in New York City, for example. And yet when it's the government that's the bully, somehow the evilness of bullying suddenly gets overlooked.

I suppose the states and fed govt do have a vested interest in citizens being healthy. Obesity->increased risk of chronic illnesses->more healthcare utilization->more govt spending.

Sammo
Oct 6th, 2012, 12:20 PM
What do you mean ''fat''? She is FAT