PDA

View Full Version : ADELE is back! Pre-Order her new song "Skyfall" NOW!

WTAtennisfan15
Oct 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.facebook.com/adele

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/40/618x618/adele_skyfall_cover.jpg

Adele's new James Bond theme, Skyfall, premieres at 0.07hrs BST (London Time) on Friday 5th October (7:07pm EST on October 4th) at http://home.adele.tv/

Pre-order Skyfall now from iTunes and be one of the first to own it.

http://smarturl.it/AdeleSkyfall

:bounce::bounce::bounce::eek:

ce
Oct 1st, 2012, 05:44 PM
:drool:

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM
Oh James Bond theme song?

V-MAC
Oct 2nd, 2012, 01:59 AM
Sounds boring and unoriginal from the snippet....Adele-by-numbers:yawn:

M.S.F
Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:51 AM

It will slay the charts no matter what :lol:

Londoner
Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Her voice is lovely and makes an unremarkable song sound better than it is - from the 1 minute preview I heard, maybe the song picks up towards the end? if it gets to No 1 then it's because of Adele not the song!

eck
Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:39 AM

She can sing about how long she showers or the name of her dogs and still sell it.

mc8114
Oct 3rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Already ordered! Finally new Adele music coming our way :inlove:

ce
Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Preview is :drool:

jimskeuh
Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
great to hear!

LeRoy.
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:35 PM
7HKoqNJtMTQ

Mary Cherry.
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
This is wonderful. I was going to get some sleeping pills subscribed but now I don't have to.

Thanks, Adele!

LeRoy.
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/10/04/adele-skyfall-download-tonight-may-set-itunes-record

WowWow
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:42 PM
It's catchy :shrug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Sure fire #1 in most countrys :worship:

Novichok
Oct 5th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Nice song but it makes me drowsy.

Kitten63
Oct 5th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I really like it.

KournikovaFan91
Oct 5th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Like it but not my fave Bond theme by any stretch.

Trih
Oct 5th, 2012, 01:34 AM
My favourite 007 theme since Garbage :hearts: it feels like old James Bond movies with Sean Connery. :bowdown:

KournikovaFan91
Oct 5th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Bassey gets so much praise for her songs however they are some of the worst in terms of chart success so I dunno why everyone loves them, from her era Carly Simon and Paul McCartney's songs are far superior.

Pops Maellard
Oct 5th, 2012, 02:02 AM
This is wonderful. I was going to get some sleeping pills subscribed but now I don't have to.

Thanks, Adele!
:sobbing:

Londoner
Oct 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Now I've heard the whole song, it is catchy and quite nostalgic in that it sounds like a James Bond theme - reminiscent to me of the songs used in the 60s and early 70s Bond films. Adele's vocals are great - real depth and warmth to her voice. Nostalgia is currently big in Britain (always is when we have a Tory Govt!) so it should do well. However, I hope this is just a one off from Adele and she isn't going to turn into the next Shirley Bassey, and I'm not a fan of nostalgia - I was hoping for something a bit more unique and cutting edge.

Londoner
Oct 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Bassey gets so much praise for her songs however they are some of the worst in terms of chart success so I dunno why everyone loves them, from her era Carly Simon and Paul McCartney's songs are far superior.

Goldfinger and Diamonds were very much of their era when female singers wore spangles and fur and belted out big tunes on Saturday night TV shows. They are pretty much irrelevant now and I can't listen to them. Far too camp for me. Bassey became a charicature of herself, like a drag queen's impersonation of herself. I hope Adele doesn't go the same way with this. If I were a top selling recording artist these days, I wouldn't do a Bond theme. But hey she must have wanted to do it!

Beat
Oct 5th, 2012, 02:35 PM
picking adele for the new bond song was a great idea. she fits the whole concept perfectly.

Like it but not my fave Bond theme by any stretch.

well, the competition is very tough!

shirley bassey's songs have become true classics, epitomes of what a james bond title song is all about. why would it matter if they did well or not in the charts 40, 50 years ago? not sure how many people could sing the ones by carly simon or paul mccartney.

AlissonValerio
Oct 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
This song is just perfect. Makes me wanna watch the movie. Adele is just perfect.

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
It's ok to me.:shrug: I think this was the least favourite song of mine by hers.:shrug:

LoveFifteen
Oct 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM
It's a perfect Bond song. Adele sounds great.

pov
Oct 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM
"To listen to Adele is to surrender to the absolute delight of her vocals."

-Todd Martens( LA Times)

For me, that says it all.

V-MAC
Oct 5th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Not a patch on Garbage who had the last great Bond song IMO.

Ferg
Oct 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Really feels like a Bond theme unlike the last 2. Love it.

WonderfulLee
Oct 5th, 2012, 04:40 PM
#1 already on Itunes everywhere...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mafx35a0SR1rfzqylo1_500.gif

Bismarck.
Oct 5th, 2012, 04:53 PM
How can she be "back"? She hasn't gone anywhere.

Cilla
Oct 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Not a patch on Garbage who had the last great Bond song IMO.

Such an underrated song :sobbing:

ce
Oct 5th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Amazing song

ivanban
Oct 5th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Love it!!! Got chills at the end :hearts: :bowdown:

KournikovaFan91
Oct 5th, 2012, 10:34 PM
shirley bassey's songs have become true classics, epitomes of what a james bond title song is all about. why would it matter if they did well or not in the charts 40, 50 years ago? not sure how many people could sing the ones by carly simon or paul mccartney.

Nobody Does it Better and Live and Let Die are pretty well known still. In fact Nobody Does it Better actually goes beyond being a Bond song, its actually just a good song. Whereas Goldfinger for example will always just be considered a Bond song.

The best song I think is Duran Duran's View to a Kill. I also love Sheena Easton For your eyes only and A-ha The Living Daylights (only good thing about that film).

ce
Oct 5th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Do people forget Goldeneye :sobbing:
Its amazing song :lol:

WowWow
Oct 5th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Do people forget Goldeneye :sobbing:
Its amazing song :lol:

It's the best Bond song IMO.

V-MAC
Oct 6th, 2012, 01:40 AM
I would seriously worry if people aren't familiar with "Nobody Does It Better"...it is just one of those iconic songs that everyone knows :scared:

Nicolás89
Oct 6th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Great song.

The Daviator
Oct 6th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Love this. Her voice is just immense.

Beat
Oct 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Nobody Does it Better and Live and Let Die are pretty well known still. In fact Nobody Does it Better actually goes beyond being a Bond song, its actually just a good song. Whereas Goldfinger for example will always just be considered a Bond song.

The best song I think is Duran Duran's View to a Kill. I also love Sheena Easton For your eyes only and A-ha The Living Daylights (only good thing about that film).

so you prefer the pop songs. fair enough, i love those songs, too, but i still think it's great that adele went back to the john barry roots.

and of course it's all hypothetical, but i still think that if ask 100 people on the street, a lot of them will know "goldfinger", and way less will know "nobody does it better". this does not mean that it's a better song or that i like it better, but the classic value of the shirley bassey songs is indisputable IMHO.

btw: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=458503&highlight=james+bond

smarties
Oct 6th, 2012, 01:51 PM

Adele does a really good job actually and I like the classic retro sound.

But Ren Harvieu would have slayed Adele and that song. Just listen to her rendition of Nobody does it better: goosebumps at 3:50

spHdwrnT_rA

LeRoy.
Oct 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
The radio updates for "Skyfall" are out of this world. :eek: She is coming for that Billboard #1.

Olórin
Oct 6th, 2012, 03:03 PM

Goldfinger is recognisable just from the one word. The fact it's become associated with James Bond rather than a song in its own right like the others you mentioned is actually a strength because it immediately becomes associated with a hugely successful franchise and vice versa. Of course it helps that Goldfinger is one of the better known and best received Bond films. And I also read that it sold a million physical sales in the US by staying on the charts a long time. So not sure your chart information is complete.

Charts don't really mean much when you're talking about songs from 40+ years ago. Tina Turner never had a #1 hit single in the UK but I dare say more people could sing the lyrics to Proud Mary than to, say "Everytime" by Britney Spears or "What's My Name by Rihanna, which are recent #1 "hits".

KournikovaFan91
Oct 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM
But I was comparing like with like, Goldfinger was her highest charting 21 in US and 8 in UK but Diamonds are Forever and Moonraker are both flops when Nobody Does it Better and Live and Let Die were topping the charts at a similar time period.

If a song can stand on its own without its associated film I think that actually more impressive, Take My Breath Away would be one that springs to minds as would Everything I Do, I Do It for You (Bryan Adams).

tennismaster8820
Oct 6th, 2012, 04:31 PM
and of course it's all hypothetical, but i still think that if ask 100 people on the street, a lot of them will know "goldfinger", and way less will know "nobody does it better". this does not mean that it's a better song or that i like it better, but the classic value of the shirley bassey songs is indisputable IMHO.

Goldfinger is for sure better known song, it's much more recognizable than Nobody Does It Better,

Sammo
Oct 6th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Goldeneye is my favourite Bond song, and I'm a big 007 fan, I've seen all the films

mc8114
Oct 6th, 2012, 09:23 PM
The song is very Bond like :lol:

danieln1
Oct 8th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Great song, I'm so anxious for this Bond movie, I'm also a great fan, watched all the movies more than one time :oh:

This songs as people said reminds of the old great Bond songs.... Hopefully the movie will be just as great, the last one was not that good...

Pops Maellard
Nov 15th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I think I've been too hard on her in the past. I mean, yeah she's a bit single-minded with her songwriting but I myself am a songwriter and I get that you have to write what you're inspired about or you won't write something good. Plus it's not her fault people like her songs so much and they're overplayed as a result :angel:.