PDA

View Full Version : Scandal: Season 3!!

Pages : [1] 2

doni1212
Sep 30th, 2012, 06:37 PM
So I just watched season 1 of Scandal this weekend and watched the premiere episode of season 2 today and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :hearts:

Here's something I posted in Serena Slam and wanted to get some thoughts on here:
I live for Olivia and the President scenes. They are soooooo in love! My favorite scene was when they cuddled on the couch for "one minute". I want them to be together but he's married with children and has been since they met!! How do you justify that? They genuinely fell in love before even kissing, having sex, etc. It's not like they could help their emotions. I usually mean mug all home-wreckers but this show has showed me that sometimes it's beyond anyone's control. Especially when a marriage is already suffering. What do you guys think? I don't know how to feel about this. I'm so torn!

Sammo
Sep 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I saw one episode and I honestly thought it would be a... darker, more serious show. The only character I like from that show is Olivia herself.

Pump-it-UP
Sep 30th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Flawless show. I'm still pissed that they killed off Gideon. :tears:

Even though I hate her, Mellie's character is probably the best thing about this show. I'm convinced that she's lying about her pregnancy and is carrying Cyrus' child. :o:devil:

Barktra
Sep 30th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I always thought they made this because of Revenge's success :lol:

I do like the show though :yeah:

Sir Stefwhit
Sep 30th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I don't watch Scandal but I follow tv ratings and all u fans of the show might want to start worrying this will be it's last season. In the ever important demo (where the money comes from), they only managed a 2.1. On the positive side they are extremely stable, which means they have a very loyal core audience, but what's troubling is that the show is not even managing to hold onto half of the audience that Grey's Anatomy has.

If the ratings don't pick up it will 100% not keep that time slot it's too valuable considering what the lead in show ratings are, but it might just mean a move to a slot in a less than desirable time slot- they might not give up on the show since it's ratings are very stable.

brickhousesupporter
Sep 30th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I always thought they made this because of Revenge's success :lol:

I do like the show though :yeah:
I too look at the ratings.....is Revenge considered a success?

Barktra
Sep 30th, 2012, 07:45 PM

I mean it isn't a big of a success as Grey Anatomy's. I think I heard something that revenge had the highest ratings for a one hour tv show on abc since lost :shrug:

Sir Stefwhit
Sep 30th, 2012, 08:02 PM

Revenge hasn't aired a new episode- the premier is tonight. The Revenge episode that came on earlier in the week was a recap episode. So we will find out tonight...stay tuned

You might be getting that confused with Last Resort. That came on before Grey's and it had a lot of viewers but just too many old people...that could potentially be a problem for that show.

starin
Sep 30th, 2012, 08:54 PM
The show is so good, I don't know why it isn't a runaway success.

doni1212
Oct 1st, 2012, 02:05 AM
I don't watch Scandal but I follow tv ratings and all u fans of the show might want to start worrying this will be it's last season. In the ever important demo (where the money comes from), they only managed a 2.1. On the positive side they are extremely stable, which means they have a very loyal core audience, but what's troubling is that the show is not even managing to hold onto half of the audience that Grey's Anatomy has.

If the ratings don't pick up it will 100% not keep that time slot it's too valuable considering what the lead in show ratings are, but it might just mean a move to a slot in a less than desirable time slot- they might not give up on the show since it's ratings are very stable.

Yeah, that makes me nervous. I thought it would do a lot better than last year because I personally know a lot of people (including myself) who got into it this summer after it aired. And soon they're going to have to decide whether to order more episodes for this season or not. As of right now, season 2 is only supposed to be 13 episodes...:unsure: :scared:

Pump-it-UP
Oct 1st, 2012, 02:08 AM
Yeah, that makes me nervous. I thought it would do a lot better than last year because I personally know a lot of people (including myself) who got into it this summer after it aired. And soon they're going to have to decide whether to order more episodes for this season or not. As of right now, season 2 is only supposed to be 13 episodes...:unsure: :scared:

Shonda doesn't want it to be a full season so I don't think they'll be ordering more episodes. :o The ratings are still quite good though so I don't think we should worry about a cancellation.

doni1212
Oct 1st, 2012, 02:11 AM
Shonda doesn't want it to be a full season so I don't think they'll be ordering more episodes. :o The ratings are still quite good though so I don't think we should worry about a cancellation.

Ugh! I guess I can work with that then. Mad Men and Breaking Bad both have about 13 episodes a season.

Gdsimmons
Oct 1st, 2012, 06:56 AM
Before this show premiered I had doubts. Well all my doubts went out the window from the very first episode. I think the acting on this show is out of this world. I mean Olivia and The Prez had so many scenes were the spoke no words and you still knew all the emotions that they were feeling. I think this show is great.

I still wanna know who the hell is Quinn/Lindsay. Why did they help her?

MrProdigy555
Oct 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM
Before this show premiered I had doubts. Well all my doubts went out the window from the very first episode. I think the acting on this show is out of this world. I mean Olivia and The Prez had so many scenes were the spoke no words and you still knew all the emotions that they were feeling. I think this show is great.

I still wanna know who the hell is Quinn/Lindsay. Why did they help her?
I just watched the premiere episode.

OMG. My heart breaks every time Olivia and the Pres communicate with each other. I get my life, then I die. It's always so tough for the both of them.

I love the redheaded female character. Quinn...who.is.she.and.why.has.olivia.been.involve d.from.the.very.beginning?!

I got so much life when the Pres. read Mellie all of her rights. He was so vicious in his read *too bad he apologized. I enjoy seeing her unhappy. :lol:

doni1212
Oct 19th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Ok, Scandal just started and I already love this episode!

MrProdigy555
Oct 19th, 2012, 05:51 AM
I haven't watched it yet, but I can already tell Mellie is going to make me lose my shit in this bitch. :o

She needs to go somewhere. I don't care if she's the FLOTUS. That bitch ain't real. :lol:

MrProdigy555
Nov 9th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I love seeing Mellie getting put in her place.

HippityHop
Dec 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I don't like where they are taking Huck.

I did think it was funny when the woman with the three kids shot the traitor in the head and a told Huck, "It was a nice speech, Spin." :lol:

MrProdigy555
Dec 13th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I don't like where they are taking Huck.

I did think it was funny when the woman with the three kids shot the traitor in the head and a told Huck, "It was a nice speech, Spin." :lol:
You all late. :lol:

*I will say this, if Huck was supposed to actually kill the President, he would have.

eck
Dec 13th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Isn't the target the Asian chick?

MrProdigy555
Dec 13th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Isn't the target the Asian chick?
That's what I thought, but then I had a second thought as well...Huck doesn't make mistakes and Huck isn't messy. He shot the President more than once, right??? There was a reason the President was shot.

If they wanted the Asian chick dead, they could have done it in a more secretive, stealthy way. Why an outright attack?!

AjdeNate!
Dec 13th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Huck didn't shoot anyone, but cleaned up the mess. Liv will find the real shooter and Huck won't be charged.

MrProdigy555
Dec 13th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Huck didn't shoot anyone, but cleaned up the mess. Liv will find the real shooter and Huck won't be charged.
I just went back and watched the scene. You might be onto something. Never once did they show Huck pull the trigger, only quickly getting all the things together. He didn't even have gloves on.

Also, his facial expression looked like he was freaked out.

eck
Dec 13th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Seems likely, all he saw was he looking directly at the President through the lens, but I recall seeing him looking through the scope as the president was shot. Also, why did he decide to clean up the scene of the crime? Who's he covering up for?

doni1212
Dec 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hopefully, we'll see tonight! Last episode before the winter break!

Oh and both of the flashback episodes (1x06 and 2x08) have been my favorite 2 episodes of the series!!

Siyasema
Dec 13th, 2012, 06:24 PM

My fingers are crossed this is the case.

I'm constantly going back to the assassin who had a scar on his arm a few episodes back. He called someone and said he was back in town. Maybe a connection?

doni1212
Dec 14th, 2012, 03:38 AM

You were right! Well you were right on 3 out of the 4 things you said, :lol:

Gdsimmons
Dec 14th, 2012, 03:57 AM
The judge done fucked Huck over for her seat! DAMN!! She aint shit for that.

eck
Dec 14th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Not feeling too compassionate about Huck. Could care less.

AjdeNate!
Dec 15th, 2012, 03:40 AM
You were right! Well you were right on 3 out of the 4 things you said, :lol:

Me and Shonda Rhimes share the same brain.

eck
Dec 15th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Me and Shonda Rhimes share the same brain.

Then why does she continuously fuck up Grey's?

doni1212
Jan 12th, 2013, 10:19 PM
The return of Scandal after the winter break was everything we could've hoped for! Especially that ending! Next week will be amazing too!

The last scene :inlove: and the promo for next week...

qkHmok9edi4

Sir Stefwhit
Jan 12th, 2013, 11:10 PM
I don't watch the show but I follow ratings and the last episode hit a series high in the key demo. This show has a lot of momentum and has progressively gotten better w.each episode (at least from a ratings standpoint).

MrProdigy555
Jan 12th, 2013, 11:24 PM
The return of Scandal after the winter break was everything we could've hoped for! Especially that ending! Next week will be amazing too!

The last scene :inlove: and the promo for next week...

qkHmok9edi4
YES :tears: I'm so ready for these future episodes.

Trey
Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
This SHow just get better & Better

doni1212
Jan 25th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Yes!! Last week was even better than the week before!

eck
Feb 16th, 2013, 09:40 AM
So it appears Scandal is overtaking Grey's at the 18-49 demo, which is pretty impressive. But I felt like last night was pretty lacklustre.

Did they actually find out who killed that girl?

Crater718
Feb 18th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I don't watch the show but I follow ratings and the last episode hit a series high in the key demo. This show has a lot of momentum and has progressively gotten better w.each episode (at least from a ratings standpoint).

Yea without Scandal, ABC would have a much poorer season thus far...

Balltossovic
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM
The ruined the show, in my opinion, when they turned the president into a murderer:o

And Fitz, after all Olivia's done for you, you need to show her some RESPECT:mad:

Liv deserves better:shrug:

I used to ship them, but no more.

Nicolás89
Feb 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Then why does she continuously fuck up Grey's?

LOL this soooooo much. :sobbing:

Kills George, Mark and LEXIE. Does not let Katherine Heigl to comeback, gives less and less screen show time to Bayley and Callie and on and on and on. :facepalm:

I like scandal although I've only watched 2 episodes. :p

MrProdigy555
Feb 22nd, 2013, 04:24 AM
Fitz is just...ugh. I can't believe they literally turned him into a murderer. His actions are too ridiculous for someone as intelligent as he is. And, yeah, I thought about the fact that they might try to spin it and blame the trauma from the failed assassination attempt, resulting in a personality shift, but that is completely bullshit right now. :o

eck
Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:52 AM

Kills George, Mark and LEXIE. Does not let Katherine Heigl to comeback, gives less and less screen show time to Bayley and Callie and on and on and on. :facepalm:

Did you watch today? :sobbing:
The last scene took a lot out of me. That final scene. I just wanted to quit this messy show but I just can't :hysteric:

I'm just so over Huck and Fitz.

If I was Olivia, I would put an restriction order against that creepy dude.

Womp Up The Jamz
Feb 22nd, 2013, 04:14 PM

She had to kill Mark really. There's no storyline that involves him leaving Seattle Grace, Callie/his daughter that would've made any sense.

I was hooked hard last season on this show, and this season has been a real winner. I'm just glad the dreamy Scott Foley isn't as sinister as I thought initially.

The only thing better than Scott Foley in uniform, is Scott Foley shirtless which needs to happen. We can keep Josh Molina's shirt on insteas kthanx.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

doni1212
Oct 5th, 2013, 02:30 PM
How did everyone like the season 3 premiere?! I thought it was awesome. Non-stop pace, twists and turns and it sets us up for a great season!

10.5 million viewers tuned in! :worship:

iWill
Oct 5th, 2013, 07:14 PM
My favorite part was Olivia, Fitz, and Millie, all in the panic room. I think they could have had the scene with her dad end the last season, especially since she didn't actually end up getting on the plane to leave. I'm already wondering how this season is going to end. :lol:

doni1212
Oct 6th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joe Morton (the actor who plays her Dad) was INCREDIBLE!! Amazing!

And I guess what happened in Iran with Fitz & Jake is our new "Defiance," :lol:

The reveal of what happened there will probably end the winter finale.

iWill
Oct 11th, 2013, 05:26 AM
I just started tonight's episode. :dance:

mykarma
Oct 11th, 2013, 01:48 PM
I just started tonight's episode. :dance:

This is getting very interesting and can't wait until next Thursday. :bounce:

J.Bravo
Oct 11th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Joe Morton is playing the hell out of his role. He really adding another dynamic to Kerry's acting.

iWill
Oct 11th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Joe Morton is playing the hell out of his role. He really adding another dynamic to Kerry's acting.

The way she threw the fact she was engaged to Eddison in her dad's face to get Huck back?!?! :drool: :worship:

I need him to live through this ENTIRE season :bounce:

J.Bravo
Oct 11th, 2013, 07:14 PM
The way she threw the fact she was engaged to Eddison in her dad's face to get Huck back?!?! :drool: :worship:

I need him to live through this ENTIRE season :bounce:

Yeah I love every scene he's in. A true HNIC!

eck
Oct 25th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I'm not feeling this latest episode. :help:

What happened to the fucking awesome Olivia Pope?

mykarma
Oct 25th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not feeling this latest episode. :help:

What happened to the fucking awesome Olivia Pope?

The ending was awesome but of course dad will get the best of this encounter. Can't wait for next week.

TZVETI83
Oct 25th, 2013, 05:27 PM
This season is horrible in my opinion. Season 2 was really good.

mykarma
Oct 25th, 2013, 08:12 PM
This season is horrible in my opinion. Season 2 was really good.

Give it time it just began a couple of weeks ago.

iWill
Oct 26th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Shonda played tf out of EVERYONE having Fitzgerald go meet Olivia's dad in the episode next week. I can't wait :sobbing:

Ryan
Oct 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Love this show. :drool: Season 3 has been interesting, not sure how long they can draw the "affair" storyline out though. The woman who plays Mellie totally deserves an Emmy nomination, she is superb with her character.

Ryan
Nov 2nd, 2013, 02:29 AM
This episode was so good. Love Lisa Kudrow's guest role, and the end of the episode....HOLY SHIT.

TheDream
Nov 2nd, 2013, 02:51 AM
I'm still catching up but love the show. :hearts: And, Ryan ignored my PM.

Balltossovic
Nov 2nd, 2013, 02:53 AM
How HOT did Olivia look at the gala? The hair, the dress. I want that dress!:hearts:

mykarma
Nov 2nd, 2013, 03:21 AM
Love this show. :drool: Season 3 has been interesting, not sure how long they can draw the "affair" storyline out though. The woman who plays Mellie totally deserves an Emmy nomination, she is superb with her character.
Like her more and more, that woman is vicious. Wonder if she's serious about Olivia coming back or another ploy. I hope she doesn't come back but have a feeling that she will of course unless Olivia finds out that prez had something to do with her mom's death. This is to much. I also like that series that comes on Monday night I think after the Voice. That's also awesome and makes you wonder what's coming next week.

mykarma
Nov 2nd, 2013, 03:23 AM
How HOT did Olivia look at the gala? The hair, the dress. I want that dress!:hearts:

The guy that took her to the gala(can't think of his name) is fine fine fine.

mykarma
Nov 2nd, 2013, 03:23 AM

She and her new hubby is expecting. I saw her at the DNC in Charlotte and she's just as beautiful in person.

Balltossovic
Nov 2nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
She and her new hubby is expecting. I saw her at the DNC in Charlotte and she's just as beautiful in person.

I still remember the first movie I saw Kerry in. Remember Save the Last Dance?:hearts:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 2nd, 2013, 05:12 AM
I hated everything about her look. I don't know why, as I usually think she looks great in everything.

Meh to Fitz. Yes to Jake. No to Mellie's hair this episode.

Balltossovic
Nov 2nd, 2013, 05:14 AM
I hated everything about her look. I don't know why, as I usually think she looks great in everything.

Meh to Fitz. Yes to Jake. No to Mellie's hair this episode.

Really:eek:

I thought her hair and make up were exquisite!:shrug:

Mellie's hair has looked like a bad wig for a while now.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 2nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
I know. The Internet seems divided on Olivia's look. Me, I was firmly opposed to the cut of her dress and positively meh on her hair. Obviously her face was still excellent, though.

mykarma
Nov 2nd, 2013, 01:46 PM
I know. The Internet seems divided on Olivia's look. Me, I was firmly opposed to the cut of her dress and positively meh on her hair. Obviously her face was still excellent, though.
I loved how she was strutting when she thought she was going to see Prez and the surprise when it turned out being Mellie. :lol:

doni1212
Nov 2nd, 2013, 09:37 PM
I still remember the first movie I saw Kerry in. Remember Save the Last Dance?:hearts:

Of course! My movie! Random but I loved the way she yelled and pronounced, "Derrick!" :lol:

I loved how she was strutting when she thought she was going to see Prez and the surprise when it rnded up being Mellie. :lol:

Right? :lol: And I loved the dress but hated the hair.

Ryan
Nov 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Like her more and more, that woman is vicious. Wonder if she's serious about Olivia coming back or another ploy. I hope she doesn't come back but have a feeling that she will of course unless Olivia finds out that prez had something to do with her mom's death. This is to much. I also like that series that comes on Monday night I think after the Voice. That's also awesome and makes you wonder what's coming next week.

Yeah I could see her saying yes to the Lisa Kudrow chick after finding out Fitz basically killed her mom. Going on a rampage against the White House would be pretty funny.

doni1212
Nov 2nd, 2013, 11:03 PM
Yall know Shonda has another twist coming regarding Operation Remington though. We'll see.

mykarma
Nov 3rd, 2013, 12:34 AM
Yall know Shonda has another twist coming regarding Operation Remington though. We'll see.

Shonda is awesome.

Balltossovic
Nov 3rd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Operation Remington was first mentioned back in season two episode 17.
When Hollis's daughter was kidnapped. I don't think Fitz was responsible for Liv's mom's death.

Ryan
Nov 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Operation Remington was first mentioned back in season two episode 17.
When Hollis's daughter was kidnapped. I don't think Fitz was responsible for Liv's mom's death.

You're probably right, but I hope he is. Probably my least favourite character on the show. Fitz :ras:

Balltossovic
Nov 3rd, 2013, 04:36 PM
You're probably right, but I hope he is. Probably my least favourite character on the show. Fitz :ras:

I personally feel he doesn't deserve her and never did. He speaks to her however he wants and she deserves better.
She has done way too much for him.

My least favorite is Mellie.

doni1212
Nov 9th, 2013, 01:01 AM
What an episode last night!! "I don't know what you're talking about" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Balltossovic
Nov 9th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Am I the only one loving Lisa Kudrow on the show? How awesome was her rant on air?

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Kudrow is great. Fitz is gross.

Balltossovic
Nov 13th, 2013, 02:52 AM
I feel like there's a subplot where Olivia's gonna be an alcoholic. Has anyone else noticed her wine intake has significantly increased?

Loveangelnr1
Nov 14th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I feel like there's a subplot where Olivia's gonna be an alcoholic. Has anyone else noticed her wine intake has significantly increased?

YES :sad: she is guzzling the wine.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 14th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Did Command order his wife's execution? Was she involved in some king of terrorism? Uh oh, I don't want to see Livi and Fitz in conflict. I hope Shonda wrote a damn good explanation into the story line because I wanna get back to romance and undying L.O.V.E. :inlove: I just adore Fitz :kiss:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM
The guy that took her to the gala(can't think of his name) is fine fine fine.

That's Bob from The Unit :cool:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 14th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Abby looks weird this season. Too much make-up and that curly parted hair is just ugly. I like her relationship with the US Attorney tho (can't remember his name right now). He cracks me up. Has he won a case yet? lol.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 14th, 2013, 04:47 PM

Joe Morton is The Man :worship: He's excellent in everything he does. Outstanding.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM

In an interview, Shonda stated that Livi & Fitz' affair is the cornerstone of the show and she will not stray from that fact. YAY

Loveangelnr1
Nov 14th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I can't wait for tonight's show :bounce: My favorite tv night :drool:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 14th, 2013, 06:30 PM
In an interview, Shonda stated that Livi & Fitz' affair is the cornerstone of the show and she will not stray from that fact. YAY
Ugh. It's necessary for the show that they have some sort of relationship, but the affair part of it is dumb.

Anyway, I only started watching this season, so I went back last week and watched Season 1. Season 1 made me like Mellie slightly more (which is to say, hate her slightly less) and dislike Abby a lot. Abby sucks, guys. I've just started Season 2, so maybe I will change my mind at the end of it. The only thing good about Abby right now is that she calls Olivia on her shit.

I actually only downloaded them because I figured they were good fluff to have handy in case I don't have internet for a while in Brazil. Instead, I've been going through them like popcorn and haven't even left yet. Oh well..

Loveangelnr1
Nov 14th, 2013, 06:46 PM
You're gonna enjoy Season 2.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 14th, 2013, 06:58 PM
The people at whatever Lucky magazine is presumably spent hours making Kerry Washington look not beautiful: http://gofugyourself.com/fug-the-cover-kerry-washington-on-lucky-11-2013

Lucky magazine needs fired.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 14th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah they need to be fired. Kerry is one of the most down to earth actresses in Hollywood. People just have to hate (smh).

Balltossovic
Nov 15th, 2013, 03:48 AM
What. The. Fuck?!?:eek:

PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who just saw that epi:speakles:

Gdsimmons
Nov 15th, 2013, 04:47 AM
The string of curse words that came out my mouth during the last 5 minutes....

Jajaloo
Nov 15th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I have to go with my gut.

And my gut is never wrong.

mykarma
Nov 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
The string of curse words that came out my mouth during the last 5 minutes....

I fell asleep but thank goodness I recorded it.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 15th, 2013, 02:13 PM
OMG, Momma Livi is alive :eek: They had me talking and screaming to myself. Wheew...

And poor Mellie. Can you believe Fitz' dad raped her and she never told Fitz?! GTFOH. She used that god awful event to have leverage over pops. Plus, he's the father of her first born. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.

TOO GOOD - JUST TOO GOOD :worship:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I have to go with my gut.

And my gut is never wrong.

What is your gut telling you?

I'll check back after I watch it again :D

Loveangelnr1
Nov 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Thank goodness Cyrus' woolly hair fell out, lol.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 15th, 2013, 02:39 PM
The Mom reveal was dumb. The Mellie stuff was horrible, but well done.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Crazy Canuck, you are so cranky :p

How about Quinn killing that guy and becoming B613's hitgirl?

doni1212
Nov 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
That episode completely changed the way I look at Mellie. Fitz made it seem like he never had feelings for Mellie. This episode demonstrated that to be completely false.

And the fact that his Dad raped her and might be the Father of her first child?! Ugh! Poor Mellie...

Bellamy is an incredible actress! :worship:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 16th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Kerry W is 36??? I just learned that my mind blew. I would have guessed late 20s.

MrProdigy555
Nov 18th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Mellie could've gotten that old man off of her. :o Can't believe Fitz's dad did that.

Mellie always has/had a plan. She wants the White House. I just can't take any of her actions as anything other than a thought-out, strategical plan.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 18th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Mellie could've gotten that old man off of her.

Said rape apologists everywhere.

Mellie sucks, but come on.

MrProdigy555
Nov 18th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Said rape apologists everywhere.

Mellie sucks, but come on.
:shrug:

Brah, this is a television show.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 18th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Yeah, "rape apologist" was strong, but the sentiment that "she could have gotten him off her!" is a bit... insensitive, given the sensitive nature of the topic? I don't know, I thought it was incredibly obvious from the performance that the actress gave that it was a rape she had no control over. What she did control was the aftermath.

MrProdigy555
Nov 18th, 2013, 06:53 AM
And I still believe she could have tried harder.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 18th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Then you're probably a rape apologist. TV show or not.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 18th, 2013, 03:31 PM
And I still believe she could have tried harder.

Bust him in the head with one of those expensive ashtrays :devil:

iWill
Nov 18th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Bust him in the head with one of those expensive ashtrays :devil:

Yeah I think realistically that she would have tried something like that, but because Shonda is writing this it makes sense Mellie just laid there. :tears: I like her though, I mostly always have. From this last episode its clear Fitz wouldn't be where he is if it weren't for Mellie making shit happen by any means necessary :lol:

Can Olivia and Fitz be done already? :rolleyes:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 18th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Olivia and Fitz done? Nah, he has to protect her from Daddy Command. It's gonna be good this week too.

MrProdigy555
Nov 18th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Then you're probably a rape apologist. TV show or not.
:yeah:

Ryan
Nov 18th, 2013, 06:25 PM
OH. MY. GOD. Such an amazing episode. I really dislike Huck, he's such an asshole to Quinn. :o Really great subplot with B613 getting her to off the old guy.

Mellie :bowdown: Impeccably acted character, and really interesting "twist" in this episode; although I'm not entirely sure why it's added. I'm sure it'll play a role, just no idea what it'll be.

Balltossovic
Nov 18th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Huck warned and warned Quin, but she wouldn't listen. I don' think he's being a jerk at all. He saw what he used to see in himself in her and tried to stave it off. She was getting turned on by doing evil things and now she's paid the price.
She should've listened to Huck, and she certainly should've alerted the team that Charlie was sniffing around her.

Sucks to be Quinn:shrug:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 18th, 2013, 11:47 PM
I don't really care about Quinn for some reason. No problem with the character arc or actress, but I still feeling nothing but apathy for her. Oh well.

mykarma
Nov 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Mellie could've gotten that old man off of her. :o Can't believe Fitz's dad did that.

Mellie always has/had a plan. She wants the White House. I just can't take any of her actions as anything other than a thought-out, strategical plan.

:eek:

M.P
Nov 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
i am catching up.....
just finished season 2
can't believe its her dad, and he want to kill her daughter because of national satefy :eek: this is insane.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 20th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Command said he was trying to kill Jake and not her for disobeying orders, but to me he got too damn close by sending a hitwoman to her house.

I can't wait to see what Momma Liv has to say. After all these years he's still visiting her.

iWill
Nov 20th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I wanna know what Mama Pope was plotting though. He wouldn't have faked her death for nothing, and the fact that he's hid it from Olivia all this time is already another interesting dynamic. She probably hates the wrong parent :scared:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 20th, 2013, 07:35 PM
?????

iWill
Nov 20th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I'm speculating (obviously :o) but at the end of the episode last week Morton's character sat and chatted with Mama Pope like it was a semi-regular thing. He let Olivia believe her mother was dead all this time for a reason. He probably still loves her but part of his job meant shutting her down. IDK all types of things could turn in this story line so I'm just curious which one it will be. Olivia thinks her mother is an innocent woman that was killed by her father, and clearly that isn't the case. :shrug:

MrProdigy555
Nov 20th, 2013, 10:48 PM
I'm speculating (obviously :o) but at the end of the episode last week Morton's character sat and chatted with Mama Pope like it was a semi-regular thing. He let Olivia believe her mother was dead all this time for a reason. He probably still loves her but part of his job meant shutting her down. IDK all types of things could turn in this story line so I'm just curious which one it will be. Olivia thinks her mother is an innocent woman that was killed by her father, and clearly that isn't the case. :shrug:
Didn't they briefly discuss the number inconsistencies pertaining to the plane seating?

iWill
Nov 21st, 2013, 12:42 AM
Didn't they briefly discuss the number inconsistencies pertaining to the plane seating?

Probably, but if so I forgot it. I have to watch that episode again now :lol:

MrProdigy555
Nov 21st, 2013, 12:47 AM
Probably, but if so I forgot it. I have to watch that episode again now :lol:
Yeah, I don't remember verbatim, but they were talking about some discrepancy in numbers. That would signal my alarms right away.

doni1212
Nov 21st, 2013, 02:14 AM
I wanna know what Mama Pope was plotting though. He wouldn't have faked her death for nothing, and the fact that he's hid it from Olivia all this time is already another interesting dynamic. She probably hates the wrong parent :scared:

I agree. I can't wait to see how the writers spin this!

Yeah, I don't remember verbatim, but they were talking about some discrepancy in numbers. That would signal my alarms right away.

Yeah, but I think the report said that it was the guy who Quinn killed who was taken off the plane. They do know that Fitz's Dad composed the report so they do know that he was covering something up.

Also, I can't believe the President of the United States has no clue that Command is Olivia's Dad smh.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM

YAY It's Scandal Night :dance: :drink:

I don't know about that. I'm thinking he silenced her because she had some dirt on him. Fitz was ordered to shoot down the plane because it was carrying a dirty bomb, so he saved her life but kept her captive. Love and Hate! :o Reminds me of Al Greene and hot grits :lol: It's A Thin Line ...

Plus, he was away from the Remington scene in Iran, so what does the plane have to do with Remington and what was it?

Also, what's up with Harrison and this Sharif person whose seeking a Visa? Harrison sure is scared of him, lol.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 21st, 2013, 02:36 PM

Yes, someone was taken off and it was Mama Pope. Livi's team doesn't know it yet.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 21st, 2013, 02:38 PM
I agree. I can't wait to see how the writers spin this!

Yeah, but I think the report said that it was the guy who Quinn killed who was taken off the plane. They do know that Fitz's Dad composed the report so they do know that he was covering something up.

Also, I can't believe the President of the United States has no clue that Command is Olivia's Dad smh.

He knows now :lol:

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2013, 02:42 AM
He knows now :lol:

How can she believe this man killed her mother and she jumps in bed with him over a house. This makes her appear to weak.

Gdsimmons
Nov 22nd, 2013, 03:04 AM
Mind completely fucking blown. Like....I cant. Mama done escaped! And Quinn is finally FINALLY about to get hers.

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2013, 03:13 AM
Mind completely fucking blown. Like....I cant. Mama done escaped! And Quinn is finally FINALLY about to get hers.
As soon as I get pissed at Olivia I can't wait for next episode. Looks like no Scandal on Thanksgiving. :sad:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 22nd, 2013, 03:47 AM
Too much Olivia and Fitz. A big "don't care" for about 20 minutes of this episode because of that. I understand that the writers and show runner believe it's an integral part of the show, and hence this show is not for me, but ugh. The rest of it: the political maneuvering, the shenanigans, and the case-of-the-week stuff all make it awesome enough to use the boring "Olivia and Fitz stare longingly at one another, as Fitz is a prick and Olivia is reduced to a 12 year old girl" time to get a snack, and come back to watch the rest.

eck
Nov 22nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
^ Yea, I think that storyline needs to be washed out. Either they get together or don't, officially.

But Shonda just loves beating around the bushes.

I still can't get into Quinn and Finn.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
The House :crying2:

:crying2:

Aww, I'm a sucka for love :inlove:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM

Huck is getting ready to put the jack-up screws to her azze. A double agent?! She can't play that shit in Livi's House. I feel sorry for her tho.

Mama Pope must be a Super Spy too. I can't believe she ate through her main artery :eek: That was animalistic gross, but it worked. I was shocked when she found Livi (I know I screamed, lol). Shonda is not dragging this thing out, she's cutting right to the chase. Trilling

:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
How can she believe this man killed her mother and she jumps in bed with him over a house. This makes her appear to weak.

She's blaming her dad, not Fitz. And, Olivia is anything BUT weak.

Don't mess up our thread! :devil:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Too much Olivia and Fitz. A big "don't care" for about 20 minutes of this episode because of that. I understand that the writers and show runner believe it's an integral part of the show, and hence this show is not for me, but ugh. The rest of it: the political maneuvering, the shenanigans, and the case-of-the-week stuff all make it awesome enough to use the boring "Olivia and Fitz stare longingly at one another, as Fitz is a prick and Olivia is reduced to a 12 year old girl" time to get a snack, and come back to watch the rest.

:no:

Their love affair is the heart of the show and I'm loving it. :kiss: More love scenes, please!

The ambush by the Secret Service for a ride on Marine I to The House :bigcry: Just wonderful!

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
^ Yea, I think that storyline needs to be washed out. Either they get together or don't, officially.

You people are just hating. Don't mess up my flow ...

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
It's complicated and SCANDALOUS :worship:

As they say, get with the program :wavey:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
I'll be back ...

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Huck is getting ready to put the jack-up screws to her azze. A double agent?! She can't play that shit in Livi's House. I feel sorry for her tho.

Mama Pope must be a Super Spy too. I can't believe she ate through her main artery :eek: That was animalistic gross, but it worked. I was shocked when she found Livi (I know I screamed, lol). Shonda is not dragging this thing out, she's cutting right to the chase. Trilling

:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

This

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
She's blaming her dad, not Fitz. And, Olivia is anything BUT weak.

Don't mess up our thread! :devil:

Her ass is weak when it comes to Fitz IMO only.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Her ass is weak when it comes to Fitz IMO only.

That's what true love is, right? :hearts:

Yup!

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
I'm glad Gweneth and her slutty lying sister-daughter are gone. Now Liv can get back to Fitz' campaign cause he has to win a second term.

Go Team Fitz!

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
That's what true love is, right? :hearts:

Yup!

Here, let Alice Smith explain it to ya: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=alice+smith+performs+on+Black+Girl+Rock&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=1A372840BD9139C375181A372840BD9139C37518

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Also, Jake is starting to get on my nerves. The man is always around whispering in Liv's ear :rolleyes:

(trying to take over the show like he did on The Unit :( )

TZVETI83
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Olivia is pathetic when she is around Fitz, she is like a 12 year old girl without a brain. Meanwhile Fitz is a horrible human being who is used to everyone around him picking up the pieces while he sits around and looks important. If this is all Scandal is about than its no longer for me.

Shonda's show has basically turned into a joke.

Strong powerful black woman Olivia drops everything at a hat and serves the president, acts as his whore/employee no matter what he does or hw many times he lies to her,

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
^^ :yawn:

iWill
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Olivia is pathetic when she is around Fitz, she is like a 12 year old girl without a brain. Meanwhile Fitz is a horrible human being who is used to everyone around him picking up the pieces while he sits around and looks important. If this is all Scandal is about than its no longer for me.

Strong powerful black woman Olivia drops everything at a hat and serves the president, acts as his whore/employee no matter what he does or hw many times he lies to her,

This is where I'm at with it too. At some point people also need to realize he is married to someone else, and not even separated. :rolleyes: He could never be with her until he officially gets a divorce, and even afterward it would be awkward, and all his kids would hate Olivia. Why would anyone want a person that badly? Its more selfish than pathetic imo.

I still liked the episode though. Mama Pope is crazy :help:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:57 PM
It's complicated and SCANDALOUS :worship:

As they say, get with the program :wavey:

He's a sitting US President, it's complicated. He tried to give it up for Liv, but she talked him out of it.

Just enjoy the ride or maybe the critics can write their own show :(

TZVETI83
Nov 22nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
This is where I'm at with it too. At some point people also need to realize he is married to someone else, and not even separated. :rolleyes: He could never be with her until he officially gets a divorce, and even afterward it would be awkward, and all his kids would hate Olivia. Why would anyone want a person that badly? Its more selfish than pathetic imo.

I still liked the episode though. Mama Pope is crazy :help:

I like the show, I liked Olivia but I just do not get it? Fitz is married, he treated her like a whore, he killed her friend Verna, he supposedly took down a whole plane with her mother on board but no Olivia does not care all she cares about is sleeping with him again and again and again..... The storyline makes her look weak and pathetic. And having read some spoilers from Shonda, Fitz and Olivia are endgame.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
You like the show but you're ripping it to shreds? ^^ :smash:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 22nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Cyrus won't play that game with James again :lol: James got him good.

TZVETI83
Nov 22nd, 2013, 03:51 PM

Just because you like something does not mean you need to agree with everything or like every storyline. It has its good points but season 3 has had many bad ones.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 22nd, 2013, 07:01 PM

I'll preface this with the obvious: Shonda is incredibly talented and makes highly entertaining TV Shows. Her position as an awesome, successful show runner is secure. She is also directly responsible for some of the most diverse casts on (network) TV, which ought to be applauded. However, does she know how to write a lead female character without weakening them by putting them in a ridiculous relationship with a married dickhead? I'm looking at you, Meredith Grey and Olivia Pope. I haven't seen anything else Shonda has done, so perhaps this isn't actually a trend.

eck
Nov 22nd, 2013, 07:40 PM
I'll preface this with the obvious: Shonda is incredibly talented and makes highly entertaining TV Shows. Her position as an awesome, successful show runner is secure. She is also directly responsible for some of the most diverse casts on (network) TV, which ought to be applauded. However, does she know how to write a lead female character without weakening them by putting them in a ridiculous relationship with a married dickhead? I'm looking at you, Meredith Grey and Olivia Pope. I haven't seen anything else Shonda has done, so perhaps this isn't actually a trend.

ITA. There' s no doubt that Shonda is brilliant, but she sometimes she reaches this state where she decides to character assassinate someone by having them do something that just doesn't make sense at all. Yes, it's all for drama but I just hate the way it unfolds. And sometimes, the timeline of the stories make no sense. Up till season 3 on Grey's, it was supposedly just one year Grey's time. :spit:

And no, she puts Mere and Liv through a washing machine run before really settling them down. It took about 7 seasons? to get Mere with Derek.

Don't get me started on the last Grey's episode...

eck
Nov 22nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
Just because you like something does not mean you need to agree with everything or like every storyline. It has its good points but season 3 has had many bad ones.

Pretty much. I whine about every single show I like watching. Doesn't mean I hate it... :shrug:

Ryan
Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:19 AM

Take a seat. Not everyone does, or has to, like Liv/Fitz together. I think its a necessary part of the show (for now), but I don't enjoy it or Fitz at all.

The rest of the episode was amazing. Kinda like Alias (spy dad who daughter hates, mother is suddenly alive, probably kinda evil etc). Any doubt that Mama Pope probably planted the dirty bomb on the plane? Her husband finds out, "rescues" her but has to give a different name and keep her in a cell so no one finds out. I definitely think she did it.

Mellie :( Cyrus :ras: I'm glad James got his goat.

Quinn :eek: I like her, I can't help it.I hope Huck doesn't have to torture her, I'm sure she'll spill the beans. If anything, they'll probably use her as a triple? agent and feed B613 fake intel. :lol:

doni1212
Nov 24th, 2013, 12:07 AM
The House :crying2: :crying2:

Aww, I'm a sucka for love :inlove:

Right?! My jam!

3FmMGBZvndI

I'm glad Gweneth and her slutty lying sister-daughter are gone. Now Liv can get back to Fitz' campaign cause he has to win a second term.

Go Team Fitz!

Yes! I'm excited about this. She'll be back at the White House! And back on that Oval Office desk, :lol:

Cyrus won't play that game with James again :lol: James got him good.

The "sad" part is that Cyrus doesn't know why James did it.

The rest of the episode was amazing. Kinda like Alias (spy dad who daughter hates, mother is suddenly alive, probably kinda evil etc). Any doubt that Mama Pope probably planted the dirty bomb on the plane? Her husband finds out, "rescues" her but has to give a different name and keep her in a cell so no one finds out. I definitely think she did it.

Hmmm, great theory!

doni1212
Nov 24th, 2013, 12:23 AM

I like the show, I liked Olivia but I just do not get it? Fitz is married, he treated her like a whore, he killed her friend Verna, he supposedly took down a whole plane with her mother on board but no Olivia does not care all she cares about is sleeping with him again and again and again..... The storyline makes her look weak and pathetic. And having read some spoilers from Shonda, Fitz and Olivia are endgame.

I meannnnn, he did just tell her that he built that house for them from the ground up. And that it has bedrooms for all their kids. That he wanted them to grow old together there, :inlove: He attempted to realize the dream. Plus, he told her he couldn't legally tell her about the plane and she's kept secrets from him too.

But I do admit that it wasn't until after they spent the night together that he said he had no idea why he was ordered to shoot down that plane and that her Mother was on board.

Btw, that house was stunning! :hearts:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 24th, 2013, 12:50 AM
The guy that is playing the VP's not so secretly gay husband also played a secretly gay senator on The Office. Random/great typecasting.

mykarma
Nov 24th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Take a seat. Not everyone does, or has to, like Liv/Fitz together. I think its a necessary part of the show (for now), but I don't enjoy it or Fitz at all.

Quinn :eek: I like her, I can't help it.I hope Huck doesn't have to torture her, I'm sure she'll spill the beans. If anything, they'll probably use her as a triple? agent and feed B613 fake intel. :lol:
Seems plausible but one never knows with Shonda. That woman is brilliant.

Galsen
Nov 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM
LOL at Olivia and Fitz thinking they have a chance to stop her father:lol:
I guess he didn't skulldrag her enough in the season premiere.

Ryan
Nov 24th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Seems plausible but one never knows with Shonda. That woman is brilliant.

She totally is, I just can't think of another reason for her mom to get taken off the plane, yet kept as a prisoner in the most secret spy organization. Hopefully we find out soon. :drool:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 24th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I just finished season 2. Based entirely only season 3, I liked Jake. Now I realize that he had highly creepy beginnings. I still like him, though. Jake>Fitz, always. How Scott Foley came to be typecast as the loser in love triangles is one of life's great mysteries.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 24th, 2013, 07:09 PM
This show would be improved if we replaced the Fitz/Olivia love each other stuff with an actual Harrison storyline. Anybody agree?

mykarma
Nov 24th, 2013, 09:49 PM
This show would be improved if we replaced the Fitz/Olivia love each other stuff with an actual Harrison storyline. Anybody agree?
Nope, nothing exciting about Harrison yet even though he's fine as hell. Loved that they showed him in a different vain with the Senator's daughter. Did they ever show why Harrison was afraid of this guy coming to D.C.?

Crazy Canuck
Nov 24th, 2013, 10:53 PM
That there is nothing exciting about him yet is precisely why I'd like to see him with a storyline.

No, they never showed why he was afraid of that guy.

Ryan
Nov 24th, 2013, 11:17 PM
I think that the guy coming to DC/USA must be connected to Harrison's bad past as like a smuggler or bad guy of some sorts? Maybe he's his old boss or something. I don't think we were ever told this, but based on Olivia "helping" Harrison get through that period I assumed this was one of the skeleton's in his closet coming out.

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2013, 12:43 AM
That there is nothing exciting about him yet is precisely why I'd like to see him with a storyline.

No, they never showed why he was afraid of that guy.
I never said I didn't want him to have a storyline I said I didn't want him replacing Olivia and Fitz.

doni1212
Nov 25th, 2013, 01:23 AM
LOL at Olivia and Fitz thinking they have a chance to stop her father:lol:
I guess he didn't skulldrag her enough in the season premiere.

Right?! :rolls:

I never said I didn't want him to have a storyline I said I didn't want him replacing Olivia and Fitz.

This. He's going to have one this season so it's all good, :)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 25th, 2013, 02:41 AM

Got it. I misunderstood.

Change of topic, but must everybody on Shonda's shows be so yelly? I prefer quietly expressed rage to screaming matches. Or at the very least, the occasional screaming match to multiple screaming matches per episode. If there isn't an Olivia Pope drinking game yet, it should definitely include a rule to drink every time she slows down her speech to over pronounce every syllable, raising her volume on each one.

I don't watch any other soaps, aside from Greys. Is this a melodrama thing and not just a Shonda show thing? It is, isn't it? Well then, I would like melodramas to be less yelly.

Thought over.

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Got it. I misunderstood.

Change of topic, but must everybody on Shonda's shows be so yelly? I prefer quietly expressed rage to screaming matches. Or at the very least, the occasional screaming match to multiple screaming matches per episode. If there isn't an Olivia Pope drinking game yet, it should definitely include a rule to drink every time she slows down her speech to over pronounce every syllable, raising her volume on each one.

I don't watch any other soaps, aside from Greys. Is this a melodrama thing and not just a Shonda show thing? It is, isn't it? Well then, I would like melodramas to be less yelly.

Thought over.

Since you watch both of Shonda's shows there must be something you like about her writing and characters. :lol: Never got into Greys so I have nothing to compare Slander to and actually don't know whose yelly all the time.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 25th, 2013, 02:56 AM
I've gone out of my way at least once now to compliment her talent, so I think it's clear that I enjoy her shows. I thought that half of the point of watching a melodrama was to complain about it, which is what I'm doing. This is also why I watch Survivor.

Scandal is better than Greys. Greys is much dumber, has a weaker lead, and is a lot more yelly. Regular hotties, though, which is a requirement if you want to be appointment viewing in my household.

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2013, 03:39 AM
I've gone out of my way at least once now to compliment her talent, so I think it's clear that I enjoy her shows. I thought that half of the point of watching a melodrama was to complain about it, which is what I'm doing. This is also why I watch Survivor.

Scandal is better than Greys. Greys is much dumber, has a weaker lead, and is a lot more yelly. Regular hotties, though, which is a requirement if you want to be appointment viewing in my household.

:shrug: and I've never watched Grey's and hate Survivor so I see why we don't agree. :lol:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 25th, 2013, 05:23 PM

You go take a fucking seat! How dare you start a conversation with me by being condescending. You Mods on this MF need some serious respect tutoring.

I can't even read past that insulting blunder ...

Loveangelnr1
Nov 25th, 2013, 05:30 PM

I'd like to see more of Harrison, but they have to keep Livi and Fitz going. Just for me, please :kiss:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 25th, 2013, 05:31 PM
You go take a fucking seat! How dare you start a conversation with me by being condescending. You Mods on this MF need some serious respect tutoring.

I can't even read past that insulting blunder ...

The next time you attempt to school me, you better come correct!

Pureracket
Nov 25th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Have a seat!

(I just posted that to hear you go OFF again. LOL!)

iWill
Nov 25th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Have a seat!

:rolls:

Ryan
Nov 25th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Have a seat!

:lol:

Considering the past 3 pages is just you being mean to people, I'm going to assume you're joking. :rolleyes: Just have a conversation with people, don't be preachy or attack them.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 25th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Scandal sure does get people in a mess, doesn't it?

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2013, 11:18 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 26th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Have a seat!

:worship:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 26th, 2013, 04:57 PM
:lol:

Considering the past 3 pages is just you being mean to people, I'm going to assume you're joking. :rolleyes: Just have a conversation with people, don't be preachy or attack them.

Heeeeeey, I was being nice. :toothy: I was just showing my disagreement.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 26th, 2013, 04:58 PM

Yep :lol:

Loveangelnr1
Nov 26th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Do you guys watch their reruns on BET Wednesday nights? I do :angel: I have two nights of Scandal :bounce:

Balltossovic
Nov 27th, 2013, 12:39 AM
I think that the guy coming to DC/USA must be connected to Harrison's bad past as like a smuggler or bad guy of some sorts? Maybe he's his old boss or something. I don't think we were ever told this, but based on Olivia "helping" Harrison get through that period I assumed this was one of the skeleton's in his closet coming out.

Harrison worked for him. Did some embezzlement or insider trading or some crap like that. It was told in the epi where Sirus was composing files on all of them when he thought Olivia sent him the sex tape of Amanda Tanner and the POTUS.

semprelibera
Nov 27th, 2013, 02:19 AM
This show is ridiculous. Only here for sexy Kerry Washington and her hip throwing walk. Everyone else is :yawn:. And that crazy killer guy that works for her... needs acting classes.

doni1212
Nov 27th, 2013, 04:06 AM
This show is ridiculous. Only here for sexy Kerry Washington and her hip throwing walk. Everyone else is :yawn:. And that crazy killer guy that works for her... needs acting classes.

No way. Guillermo Diaz aka Huck is incredible. His acting in "Seven Fifty Two" last season was one of the acting standouts of the entire series.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 27th, 2013, 04:34 AM
He was a completely different (and very amusing, but occasionally sinister) character in weeds. I'm not sure how much I care for the character Huck, but I think the actor is ok.

semprelibera
Nov 27th, 2013, 04:58 AM
He was a completely different (and very amusing, but occasionally sinister) character in weeds. I'm not sure how much I care for the character Huck, but I think the actor is ok.

Always with the squinting and labored breathing. It seems so amateur to me.
Anyway the entire show is beyond ludicrous like a soap opera at times. Then again, so are most tv shows, but I don't bother watching those.
I like Kerry Washington, so I watch it, but I think I'm about to be done.

Loveangelnr1
Nov 27th, 2013, 03:43 PM
The guy that is playing the VP's not so secretly gay husband also played a secretly gay senator on The Office. Random/great typecasting.

SnakeDoctor beat him up on The Unit :lol:

Loveangelnr1
Dec 4th, 2013, 04:00 PM
It's Scandal on BET night :drool:

brickhousesupporter
Dec 4th, 2013, 04:24 PM
He played a gay character on Dynasty if I remember correctly. He was also the cheerleaders father on Hereos. So that is 3 gay and 1 hetero role.

Loveangelnr1
Dec 5th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Scandal Thursday :dance:

I wonder what building is blown up that's shown in the promos :scratch: It looks like Livi's office.

Loveangelnr1
Dec 5th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Jake roughs up Momma Pope! You don't touch someone's momma, so I bet Livi GOES OFF on him. We'll see ...

Balltossovic
Dec 6th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Mama Pope, you bitch!!

eck
Dec 6th, 2013, 11:40 AM
That Quinn and Huck scene was disgusting.
I honestly doubt I would be helping the person who was torturing me for the last few hours to commit a crime..

The James/Sally-Cyrus smackdown was amazing.

Cyrus finally getting caught up with all the lying and backstabbing..

This whole show is slowly becoming a clusterfuck. Papa Pope is good, tries to protect Olivia but tries to take away those that protect her. Mommy Pope....is still quite vague..

It seems to be getting hard to juggle between the political and family issues. One hand, the family issues are the forefront of this episode, and the political side of it is really boring. Fitz' presidency is under fire for the longest of time and frankly..I am bored of it. :o

MH0861
Dec 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I feel like I'm totally lost on everything that brought Quinn to this point now :lol:

Good episode but predictable that Mama Pope was really bad. I did NOT see the twist with Sally and her husband coming though, I thought James might be killed by her husband instead!

Balltossovic
Dec 6th, 2013, 02:53 PM
The Sally twist was epic. Loved her line!! "Cyrus, I've committed a sin."

Loveangelnr1
Dec 6th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I have to watch that episode again (my Dad's b-day :drink: lmao). I'm lost in the sauce regarding Momma Pope. How did Livi figure her out; a flashback phone call to a reporter? :scratch: I don't get it.

Yeah, the Veep committed a sin alright, lol. Wheww. I'm scared of James tho, he fixed Cyrus good, but Cyrus is still lying to him. smh.

Loveangelnr1
Dec 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Quinn and Huck :sad: I'll talk about them later.

But ... If you're torturing someone for answers, how can they answer if their mouths are duck taped? :tape: Shiiitt, I'd tell it all, lmao. And, that bloody kiss with Charlie was disgusting. Yucky.

iWill
Dec 6th, 2013, 04:15 PM

Mama Pope is crazy :help:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m017woa9261r47jk9.gif

Loveangelnr1
Dec 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM
^^ Toot Toot :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 6th, 2013, 07:18 PM
'Scandal' Season 3 order reduced to 18 episodes

Get ready for some bad news, Gladiators: There's going to be less of Season 3 of "Scandal" than originally planned.

ABC had reduced the order for their red-hot Shonda Rhimes drama from 22 to 18 episodes, Zap2it can confirm. The network hadn't given a reason for the cutback, but it's safe to assume it's not because the show is in any danger of cancellation.

Though she hasn't confirmed it, "Scandal" star Kerry Washington is reportedly pregnant. Considering that the show revolves around Olivia Pope, it wouldn't be entirely easy to trim Washington's workload without shedding some episodes altogether.

The news comes the morning after a jaw-dropping episode on Thursday (Dec. 5) that saw the series move ahead of NBC's "The Blacklist" to become the season's No. 1 broadcast drama in the key 18-49 demo.

"Scandal" airs its fall finale Thursday, Dec. 12 at 10 p.m. ET on ABC.

mykarma
Dec 7th, 2013, 01:53 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m017woa9261r47jk9.gif

Yes you did.

Dawn Marie
Dec 7th, 2013, 03:59 AM

I love the show because it makes for good fun t.v. I love Kerry Washington as she is magical on the screen. Loving the twist and turns and it's entertaining. I do agree that Kerry is playing the side chic but that's all we have as woman of color. It sure beats seeing a woman shake her ass in a rap video. So I'll take it.

Shonda is a great writer.

Ryan
Dec 8th, 2013, 12:52 AM

I think I'll be proved right, she's the bomb person. :drool:

DEAD at Huck and Quinn. OMG, terrifying. I had to look away.

FANTASTIC EPISODE, SALLY OMG :bowdown:

Foot_Fault
Dec 8th, 2013, 12:42 PM
If Quinn KILLS Rowan….I just don't know…may be too late.

Loveangelnr1
Dec 11th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I love the show because it makes for good fun t.v. I love Kerry Washington as she is magical on the screen. Loving the twist and turns and it's entertaining. I do agree that Kerry is playing the side chic but that's all we have as woman of color. It sure beats seeing a woman shake her ass in a rap video. So I'll take it. Shonda is a great writer.

Yes indeed.

Balltossovic
Dec 13th, 2013, 02:51 AM
YOU ARE A BOY!!!!:spit:

tucker1989
Dec 13th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Is it just me, or was that midseason finale sort of underwhelming? I guess I just expect bang, bang, bang from this show all the time, and that fell a little flat for me...

Balltossovic
Dec 13th, 2013, 03:21 AM
I found it absolutely amazing and I'm so annoyed it won't be back for two months.
Seriously, would watch that entire episode again just for Rowan's rant at the POTUS.

Sally's meltdown was great too!

iWill
Dec 13th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Yasss Joe Morton GO AWFFFFF!!!!!

ZetaKizzy
Dec 13th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Highlights of the finale:

- The flashback of what happened with Sally and Daniel
- Jake reading Olivia
- Huck basically disowning Quinn (can she just die already?)
- Fitz telling Papa Pope he knows what Olivia tastes like :haha:
- Papa Pope reading Fitz like a bestseller :haha::haha:
- Mama Pope in her white Carmen Sandiego coat :worship:

I do agree that this episode was a little underwhelming compared to what happened last week. I bet if we watch both episodes together then it will flow much better. Sucks that we have to wait a whole 2 months for the next episode. This displeases me.

mykarma
Dec 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Is it just me, or was that midseason finale sort of underwhelming? I guess I just expect bang, bang, bang from this show all the time, and that fell a little flat for me...

It's you , I thought it was awesome.

Foot_Fault
Dec 14th, 2013, 03:34 AM
I found it absolutely amazing and I'm so annoyed it won't be back for two months.
Seriously, would watch that entire episode again just for Rowan's rant at the POTUS.

Sally's meltdown was great too!

"Rowan's Rant!!" He deserves an Emmy for that…."Cuz where you're from, It's ALWAYS Summertime and the Living is Easy!" He was Brilliant.
And SALLIE…AWESOMENESS.

They didn't need to leave us with a bombshell…although Momma Pope still being in DC is BIG. What's her angle, What does Jake and POTUS got up their sleeve, there is a lot that happened last night!

mykarma
Dec 14th, 2013, 04:47 PM
"Rowan's Rant!!" He deserves an Emmy for that…."Cuz where you're from, It's ALWAYS Summertime and the Living is Easy!" He was Brilliant.
And SALLIE…AWESOMENESS.

They didn't need to leave us with a bombshell…although Momma Pope still being in DC is BIG. What's her angle, What does Jake and POTUS got up their sleeve, there is a lot that happened last night!

I know, when I saw that Mama Pope ending I screamed. :lol: I might have to watch this one again.

doni1212
Dec 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM

Suuuuuper underwhelming. You don't begin a 3 month hiatus with THAT. :o

Yasss Joe Morton GO AWFFFFF!!!!!

doni1212
Dec 14th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Never Forget. So much truth in this monologue. Joe Morton was INCREDIBLE! :worship: :worship: :worship:

WzMOKDhVBNs

AjdeNate!
Dec 14th, 2013, 07:44 PM
For me, this show has lost the plot lately. It's really become a three-ring circus of random plot twists. The story development seems so quick and hurried as if they are rushing through bullet points to set up the next unbelievable situation. I hope it gets back on track to what made it a great show soon.

Ryan
Dec 14th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Rowan's rant, like y'all mentioned, was the PEAK of this episode. :bowdown: I really like Quinn, not sure why, but I'm interested to see what happens to her next.

Sally/Cyrus/Mellie always deliver, so underrated in the scheme of things. Cant wait til January!!

doni1212
Dec 16th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Rowan's rant, like y'all mentioned, was the PEAK of this episode. :bowdown: I really like Quinn, not sure why, but I'm interested to see what happens to her next.

Sally/Cyrus/Mellie always deliver, so underrated in the scheme of things. Cant wait til January!!

Sadly, you'll have to wait until the end of February/damn near March due to the Olympics, :rolleyes:

semprelibera
Dec 16th, 2013, 05:46 AM
For me, this show has lost the plot lately. It's really become a three-ring circus of random plot twists. The story development seems so quick and hurried as if they are rushing through bullet points to set up the next unbelievable situation. I hope it gets back on track to what made it a great show soon.

100% this.
Still here for Kerry's walk though.

Loveangelnr1
Dec 16th, 2013, 05:10 PM
I know, when I saw that Mama Pope ending I screamed. :lol: I might have to watch this one again.

Me to :lol: and she was clean as the Board of Health, lol.

Balltossovic
Jan 8th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Is anyone else going throigh withdrawl? I watched all the epis from season one over winter break and I want more.

Ryan
Jan 8th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Major withdrawal. I convinced my roommate to watch it, so I've been living vicariously through her.

Balltossovic
Jan 8th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Major withdrawal. I convinced my roommate to watch it, so I've been living vicariously through her.

How is she liking it so far?

Ryan
Jan 8th, 2014, 10:37 PM
She likes it, but isn't obsessed. Which makes me angry.

SilverSlam
Jan 9th, 2014, 12:55 PM
You guys don't think they'd kill Quinn off though right? I mean she kinda was the first character we're introduced too. I wouldn't say she's the main character, but surely she's more important than Harrison and maybe even Abby? I also like her, even though I don't really like that they're making her become a "bad" character, I guess it was the only natural progression.

Balltossovic
Jan 9th, 2014, 01:59 PM
She likes it, but isn't obsessed. Which makes me angry.
:spit:

She has no right to not be obssessed! How dare she:lol:

Balltossovic
Jan 9th, 2014, 02:01 PM
You guys don't think they'd kill Quinn off though right? I mean she kinda was the first character we're introduced too. I wouldn't say she's the main character, but surely she's more important than Harrison and maybe even Abby? I also like her, even though I don't really like that they're making her become a "bad" character, I guess it was the only natural progression.
I find Quinn quite useless. I don't want her to die, but if the character were to written out, I wouldn't mid.

Ryan
Jan 9th, 2014, 02:19 PM

I like Quinn, and think she definitely served a purpose of being the "viewer" at first - questioning Olivia, finding it hard to keep up, etc. I think they fucked her story up when Huck started treating her like shit, and I find her kind of useless now, but I definitely like her and hope they redeem her storyline some how.

SilverSlam
Jan 9th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I find Quinn quite useless. I don't want her to die, but if the character were to written out, I wouldn't mid.
:hysteric: well she's not completely useless, but they do need to rethink where her storyline can go. she was so important for the whole first season and bits of the second too. :ras:
I like Quinn, and think she definitely served a purpose of being the "viewer" at first - questioning Olivia, finding it hard to keep up, etc. I think they fucked her story up when Huck started treating her like shit, and I find her kind of useless now, but I definitely like her and hope they redeem her storyline some how.

Yeah I agree with that, and tbh the teeth pulling thing and then him telling her she wasn't a "gladiator" anymore, I mean...it seemed a bit harsh to me. I dunno, I do like her and I really did like Huck and her being paired together, even though I don't like Huck that much. I'm here for a redemption of her too.

iWill
Jan 9th, 2014, 08:16 PM
:hearts:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/204767ff026f4580a5db72b9ed5c6b66/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko3_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ae23abab32234cb4f6e6fd8121bf5960/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko4_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/46ef60f3fd404df7033ec88745632c61/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko1_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c5f24d4c66fdb763ed85a636c4e6ce70/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko2_250.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/f028edb2b4afa1e31df8cdf914ca5628/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko5_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dd8db2a9168b8534759b31be9116142e/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko6_250.gif

Fuzzylogic
Jan 9th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Watched Season 1 and 2 and I was a fan, but my hatred(that's actually putting it mildly) for Fitz and Olivia(their relationship, not the characters themselves, though I loathe Fitz and think he's one of the worst characters in TV history, that I've ever seen) is actually preventing me from tuning in for most of this season :hysteric: It's actually weird, I've honestly just taken to reading reviews first, then cherrypicking episodes to watch if I find that the episode is gonna be irritating.

doni1212
Jan 9th, 2014, 11:48 PM
:hearts:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/204767ff026f4580a5db72b9ed5c6b66/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko3_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ae23abab32234cb4f6e6fd8121bf5960/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko4_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/46ef60f3fd404df7033ec88745632c61/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko1_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c5f24d4c66fdb763ed85a636c4e6ce70/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko2_250.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/f028edb2b4afa1e31df8cdf914ca5628/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko5_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dd8db2a9168b8534759b31be9116142e/tumblr_mu4oluu0Sm1qb9jcko6_250.gif

http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/rowan-pope-scandal.gif

Balltossovic
Jan 10th, 2014, 02:02 AM
I swear, I spent the entire Christmas vacation saying that line! You are a BOY! You disappoint me as a suitor for my daughter's hand

Loveangelnr1
Jan 10th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Is anyone else going throigh withdrawl? I watched all the epis from season one over winter break and I want more.

:sad:

Loveangelnr1
Jan 10th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Watched Season 1 and 2 and I was a fan, but my hatred(that's actually putting it mildly) for Fitz and Olivia(their relationship, not the characters themselves, though I loathe Fitz and think he's one of the worst characters in TV history, that I've ever seen) is actually preventing me from tuning in for most of this season :hysteric: It's actually weird, I've honestly just taken to reading reviews first, then cherrypicking episodes to watch if I find that the episode is gonna be irritating.

If you hate it so much why are you in this thread? :rolleyes:

Fuzzylogic
Jan 10th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Because I used to watch it avidly and was giving my opinion on what I think the show has become? Really not that hard to figure out or understand :shrug: If it affects you so, you can ignore :)

Loveangelnr1
Jan 10th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Will do

Balltossovic
Jan 10th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Why do you insist on trying to kick anyone who critisizes the show out of the thread? You didn't start it, and this is a forum where everyone, including you, including those who don't like the show to express their opinions. This is Doni's thread. She started it. Leave that to her.

doni1212
Jan 10th, 2014, 11:13 PM
I swear, I spent the entire Christmas vacation saying that line! You are a BOY! You disappoint me as a suitor for my daughter's hand

My brother and I walked around quoting lines from that monologue during the winter break too! :lol:

You. Are. A. Boy.

For you it's always summertime and the living is easy and daddy's rich and your mama's good looking.

You cried yourself to sleep because Daddy hurt your feelings, because Papa banged his secretary! (I absolutely LOVE how Joe Morton says this line!)

The pay grade line too >>>>>

You love that she is a DOOR MARKED EXIT!

Balltossovic
Jan 12th, 2014, 04:15 AM
My brother and I walked around quoting lines from that monologue during the winter break too! :lol:

You. Are. A. Boy.

For you it's always summertime and the living is easy and daddy's rich and your mama's good looking.

You cried yourself to sleep because Daddy hurt your feelings, because Papa banged his secretary! (I absolutely LOVE how Joe Morton says this line!)

The pay grade line too >>>>>

You love that she is a DOOR MARKED EXIT!
Yassssss!:hysteric: The accent he used was GOLD!

Loveangelnr1
Jan 12th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Why do you insist on trying to kick anyone who critisizes the show out of the thread? You didn't start it, and this is a forum where everyone, including you, including those who don't like the show to express their opinions. This is Doni's thread. She started it. Leave that to her.

And you are trying to tell me what to do? How ironic. I would explain it to you, but it's none of your business because I was asking Fuzzy a legitimate question. ABC your way out ...

Balltossovic
Jan 12th, 2014, 04:19 PM
And you are trying to tell me what to do? How ironic. I would explain it to you, but it's none of your business because I was asking Fuzzy a legitimate question. ABC your way out ...

No, not telling you what to do. I'm telling you you're being an annoying prick and this thread has become less enjoyable since your arrival. I'm here to stay. Deal with it. It's everyone's business who posts in this thread

Ryan
Jan 12th, 2014, 04:59 PM

Nope, you're super annoying in this thread and I think pretty much everyone wants you to shut. up.

Royals.
Feb 23rd, 2014, 02:07 PM
Just finished watching Season 2 and 3, Episode 11 of Season 3 premiers this Thursday so I've caught up in real time for once.

I'm no longer here for Fitz and Olivia. She needs Jake, I'm tired of Fitz treating her the way he does, because he knows Olivia's gonna come running back. I wish she would have more resistance but if you're screwing the president you don't have much choice but to give in.

It's a shame Olivia's fallen so deep for Fitz, she can't see how much Jake actually cares. It was obvious Quinn was going to join B613 from the end of Season 2 she was following Huck around like a lost puppy. :lol: I think her and Charlie make a nice couple, I genuinely think he's attracted her. I'm still not sure if she feels the same though...

Olivia's dad's monologue in EP10 was so powerful, he completely ripped Fitz to pieces. :help::lol: Whoever casted her mother done an excellent job too.

And lol at Sally Langston, she thought she was so far above everybody else being so religious etc. I think Mellie said "you're one of us now" :tape:

Harrison's character is finally going to take off it seems, the Adnan Salif problem still hasn't been resolved.

doni1212
Feb 23rd, 2014, 07:59 PM
Yeah, it's going to be exciting to find out about this Harrison-Salif story line!