PDA

View Full Version : Twitter, Facebook or Forums. Which one do you prefer?

mc8114
Sep 29th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I'm curious!

mc8114
Sep 29th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Personally, I prefer Twitter. I find it short, simple and informative.

Mary Cherry.
Sep 29th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Twitter.

Barrie_Dude
Sep 30th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I am on all 3 but I prefer here

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 30th, 2012, 02:03 AM
FB and Forums.

tennisboi
Sep 30th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Forums and Twitter FTW. Barely use FB anymore just so over photos of drunk fuck wits

King Halep
Sep 30th, 2012, 03:41 AM
cant stand twitter, i think its making ppl stupid. its how orwell predicted in 1984, reducing language down to less words and making ppl more robotic

ico4498
Sep 30th, 2012, 04:22 AM
my vote for 'forum' is really ignorant.

never facebook'd or twitter'd.

Super Dave
Sep 30th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Hate Facebook...prefer the anonymity of forums and Twitter; ironically I can be more open and honest without something being held against me (DR is not my real name)

McPie
Sep 30th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Hate Facebook...prefer the anonymity of forums and Twitter; ironically I can be more open and honest without something being held against me (DR is not my real name)

my name is not Mc either :oh:

ranfurly
Sep 30th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Facebook, because of my age, the accessibility of facebook, that and my friends and family all use it from over the world, it's the best means to keep in touch with them.

My only gripe is that I find it too accessible of information, and the changes it keeps making, it was better to use several years ago when it was simpler.

I don't understand twitter, unless you want to follow celebs on it.

Vartan
Sep 30th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Facebook, Forums, Tumblr.

Wert.
Sep 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM
All of these.

But TF is #1. :p

mc8114
Sep 30th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Facebook, Forums, Tumblr.

Oh right! I forgot about Tumbler. Bloggers loved it!

mc8114
Sep 30th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Facebook, because of my age, the accessibility of facebook, that and my friends and family all use it from over the world, it's the best means to keep in touch with them.

My only gripe is that I find it too accessible of information, and the changes it keeps making, it was better to use several years ago when it was simpler.

I don't understand twitter, unless you want to follow celebs on it.

What I don't like about Facebook is that it encourages gossip too much :lol: At least that has been my experience.

Twitter is confusing at first, but once you know how to use it is very cool.

SilverSlam
Sep 30th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Well personally I liked Facebook. It keeps me in contact with people who I wouldn't see everyday, and I love the notification system. I wish TF would get something like that, because I never know when people reply to what I say and stuff, and I'm too forgetful to actually check the threads I've posted in.

Reptilia
Oct 1st, 2012, 08:09 AM
TF is in seriously need for an upgrade. It'll never happen though :o

Reptilia
Oct 1st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Facebook and Tumblr.

Never liked Twitter.

tejmeglekvár
Oct 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM
twitter & forum can complete each other.
Never liked FB.
tumblr is alright browsing pictures & stuff.

cant stand twitter, i think its making ppl stupid. its how orwell predicted in 1984, reducing language down to less words and making ppl more robotic

Only the space less, not words :oh:
But even then, you have to know how do you want to use. Tweeting links, news, photos, small updates & raging about something, its very convenient.
Arguing with 3 or more ppl... its horrible and chaotic.

mc8114
Oct 1st, 2012, 12:34 PM
Well personally I liked Facebook. It keeps me in contact with people who I wouldn't see everyday, and I love the notification system. I wish TF would get something like that, because I never know when people reply to what I say and stuff, and I'm too forgetful to actually check the threads I've posted in.

It would be so cool if TF would add that, 'cause as you said, sometimes you just don't realize if ppl replied to you.

mc8114
Oct 1st, 2012, 12:38 PM
Btw, I'm surprised to see that option Forums is #1. I thought it was gonna be Facebook.

Also, another wonderful apps that I love are Instagram and Streamzoo!

Mateo Mathieu
Oct 1st, 2012, 01:49 PM
Instagram.

mc8114
Oct 3rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Instagram.
I love Instagram!

A few days ago Justin Timberlake launched an improved MySpace.

Effy
Oct 3rd, 2012, 03:08 PM
Tumblr for me

Kon.
Oct 3rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
I don't exactly know why I never joined facebook, I guess I never found it particularly interesting.
Twitter seems fun and it's nice to follow people and all but I've never gotten into tweeting stuff myself.

Forums and tumblr for me.

delicatecutter
Oct 3rd, 2012, 04:49 PM
I'm kind of addicted to Twitter. It's so lovely. :hearts:

M.P
Oct 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
FAcebook and FORUMS and Instagram

KournikovaFan91
Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Like them all for different reasons but I like Twitter giving me access to the celebs opinions and lives :lol:

Mikey.
Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Facebook.

Martian Jeza
Oct 4th, 2012, 01:13 AM
I began on Internet where mIRC was THE program to chat with people you like and not to forget the old ICQ... I don't mind both Facebook or Twitter but hey what I miss on twitter what you have on facebook : if you block someone he won't be able ever to read your tweets...

Michalka
Oct 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I prefer forums to FB/Twitter as it was the very first social platform that I came across online. Forums allow people to have in depth discussions unlike FB/Twitter which are nothing but breeding grounds for gossip and narcissism :facepalm: I can't wait for the day when FB and Twitter suffer the same fate as Friendster and Myspace. That's why I don't use FB and Twitter often

claypova
Oct 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Twitter, by far! :lol:

Elisse
Oct 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I admit it...I love Facebook, Twitter and TF - would feel lost without all three now :hearts:

Originally I used to have different people on all three.....Facebook was more personal friends, Twitter few people I knew but mostly talking to total strangers but in recent times I seem to have the same friends on all three now :lol:

But, they are all very different....I still feel as if I'm on my best behaviour on Facebook, feel as if I can say whatever I want on Twitter and TF...I always try to be careful what I say ;) One thing that I do love on Twitter is how I've interacted and become friends with people from TF who I had never really had contact with on the forum before :D

In general though...I love any way to stay in contact with friends from around the world and to hear other opinions...all three sites are great!!! :worship:

SilverSlam
Oct 4th, 2012, 06:25 PM
It would be so cool if TF would add that, 'cause as you said, sometimes you just don't realize if ppl replied to you.

:hysteric:

IT HAPPENED RIGHT HERE!!!

Also everyone around my age in Australia has a Facebook, and thats pretty much how you contact everyone. I actually don't even know anyone my age who doesn't have one...

mc8114
Oct 4th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Tumblr for me

I don't exactly know why I never joined facebook, I guess I never found it particularly interesting.
Twitter seems fun and it's nice to follow people and all but I've never gotten into tweeting stuff myself.

Forums and tumblr for me.

I confess that I don't get Tumblr as much :o I do have an active account there though :haha: :tape:

mc8114
Oct 4th, 2012, 06:48 PM
:hysteric:

IT HAPPENED RIGHT HERE!!! :sobbing:

Also everyone around my age in Australia has a Facebook, and thats pretty much how you contact everyone. I actually don't even know anyone my age who doesn't have one...
I'm a Facebook quitter :lol:
Nowadays I stay in touch with my friends and family mainly via Whatsapp groups.

Mary Cherry.
Oct 4th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I hate Facebook. It made me realise that most of the people I used to like are just really annoying now.

SilverSlam
Oct 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I hate Facebook. It made me realise that most of the people I used to like are just really annoying now.

A sign of your maturing? :oh:

Mary Cherry.
Oct 4th, 2012, 07:42 PM
A sign of your maturing? :oh:

Either that or it could be the other way around :oh:

SilverSlam
Oct 4th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Either that or it could be the other way around :oh:

:haha:

mc8114
Oct 6th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I hate Facebook. It made me realise that most of the people I used to like are just really annoying now. :lol:did you quit it or still have it to lurk around? :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Oct 7th, 2012, 12:23 AM
:lol:did you quit it or still have it to lurk around? :lol:

I still have it, I just deleted most of the people on it who annoyed me.

Trouble is now I hardly have anyone left on there so I hardly ever use it :lol:

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Twitter is useless.
Does anyone use LinkedIn? I use it to keep in touch with former work friends or professional contacts who are not really friends to be on Facebook. Facebook is for friends that you don't see everyday.
Forums are more for specific interests.

mc8114
Oct 11th, 2012, 01:44 AM
I still have it, I just deleted most of the people on it who annoyed me.

Trouble is now I hardly have anyone left on there so I hardly ever use it :lol: :lol: that's funny :p

I have a friend with 2 facebook accounts. In one he added his gf, that is the boring; almost fake account. The second one is a mess :lol:

Twitter is useless.
Does anyone use LinkedIn? I use it to keep in touch with former work friends or professional contacts who are not really friends to be on Facebook. Facebook is for friends that you don't see everyday.
Forums are more for specific interests. I signed in for that, but hardly ever use it :o