PDA

View Full Version : Green Day freak out at iHeartRadio concert!

Tennis Fool
Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:40 AM
:hysteric:

B5jtkbYRLBE

Dav.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:42 AM
Dead.

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:34 AM
Billie Joe is a sex God :hehehe:.

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:46 AM
Wow..they decided to cut their time during the performance? How unprofessional and disrespectful to the artist. Felt for him.

pov
Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:53 AM
:haha: at those calling this a "freak out" or a meltdown. The man just told it like it is. Maybe too much for the sterile dance music drones though.

So Disrespectful
Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Trying so hard for publicity at the moment, yet no one cares :lol:

He even said to Gwen Stefani on camera, "If I wasn't married I'd fuck the shit out of you."

saint2
Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Im not fuckin Justin Beiber

Yes, you are. Musically you are just like Beiber.

BTW- to destroy a guitar you have to be either Jimmi Hendrix or total moron. BJA is not Hendrix,so...answer is obvious.

Usher is musically better than these morons, so I fully understand why they needed to cut their setlist.

Sammo
Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
He totally sounds like Spongebob. By the way, the outburst was pathetic. He pretends to be angry yet you see perfectly he's trying so pathetically hard. And LMAOOOOO at him slamming the guitar, he's worse at it than Wozniacki at slamming racquets.

fifty-fifty
Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:55 PM

BTW- to destroy a guitar you have to be either Jimmi Hendrix or total moron. BJA is not Hendrix,so...answer is obvious.

Usher is musically better than these morons, so I fully understand why they needed to cut their setlist.

:weirdo:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM

:cuckoo:

They're not really punk anymore, no. But genre-wise how could you see a similarity to Bieber?

Sammo
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
I felt more embaressed for him then anything else during this video :lol:

I know, right? He pretends to be so bad yet he sounds so childish and spongebobish, ''I'm not fucking Justin Bieber you motherfuckerzzzz''

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/037/4/3/SpongeBob_AngryPants_by_Spongebob_Fan_Club.jpg

Mynarco
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
he lacks variety in swearwords

Sammo
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
:hysteric: And at 1:09 the other guy starts to slam his guitar too and no one gives a fuck :hysteric: Seriously this was all so pathetic and laughable, pussies pretending to be macho-mans, there's nothing funnier.

saint2
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
BTW- all guitar smashing in rock was always pure showboating. Guitar smashers never smashed their real, trademark guitars- they always used cheap copies, no one sane would smash guitar worth more than my flat. They usually switched their trademark guitar into copy, played 2 or 3 songs on that copy, and then smashed it.

Conclusion- either hes such a moron that he destroyed expensive guitar, or , wich is more possible, it was all rigged.

Beat
Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Usher is musically better than these morons

:spit: :rolls:

but yeah, he should expand his swear words vocabulary.

i love how it says "1 minutes" :lol:

Certinfy
Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Fucking legend. :worship:

Mary Cherry.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Green Day sold out years ago, they have no right to complain about such things.

ArturoAce.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
I was there, and I'm pretty sure it was staged. No other artist had countdowns or time warnings. Most of the audience was pretty annoyed, they just wanted him to stfu. :lol:

Sammo
Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
I was there, and I'm pretty sure it was staged. No other artist had countdowns or time warnings. Most of the audience was pretty annoyed, they just wanted him to stfu. :lol:

Yeah no one seemed to take it seriously :facepalm: I'm sorry but this was just like a 5 year-old boy having a tantrum

ukneecorn
Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
Lame. As are Usher and Justing Beiber. :yawn:

KarlyM*
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Two days later...

Rep: Green Day's Armstrong getting treatment (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/rep-green-days-armstrong-getting-treatment#overlay-context=users/rjagodzinski)

NEW YORK (AP) Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong is headed to treatment for substance abuse.

Sunday's announcement by the band's rep comes after the 40-year-old frontman had a meltdown onstage at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas on Friday. As Green Day was wrapping up its performance during the all-star, two-day concert, Armstrong profanely complained that the band's time was being cut short.

"One minute left, one minute (expletive) left. You're gonna give me (expletive) one minute? ... I'm not (expletive) Justin Bieber, you (expletives)!" he yelled (although Bieber was not part of the night's festivities).

Armstrong smashed his guitar before leaving the stage.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Green Day apologized "to those they offended at the iHeartRadio Festival" and said its set was not cut short by Clear Channel, the host of the two-day festival.

The Grammy winning band also is canceling some of its promotional appearances. It is due to release the album "Uno" on Tuesday, the follow-up to "21st Century Breakdown," released three years ago. "Uno" is the first in a trilogy of albums; the second is to be out in November, and the last in January. The band is due to kick off a nationwide tour Nov. 26 in Seattle.

Armstrong was hospitalized in early September in Bologna, Italy, for an undisclosed ailment, but recovered well enough to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sept. 6. Since then, the band has made a series of performances, including a "Good Morning America" performance and a New York City concert for the launch of Nokia Music on Sept. 15. No interviews of the band were allowed that evening, but the band chatted with fans and Nokia and AT&T executives before performing for about two hours.

It's unclear what Armstrong is receiving treatment for; in 2003, he was arrested for DUI, and has acknowledged in the past taking various drugs but has said he now eschews them.

Green Day is one of rock's top acts and had huge success with its 2004 politically charged album "American Idiot," which went on to become a Broadway musical. Armstrong performed for a stretch in the musical.

Most recently, he was a mentor on the NBC talent competition "The Voice."

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Billie :sad:. Get well.

So Disrespectful
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Why do I still feel like this is a publicity stunt?

Tennis Fool
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Why do I still feel like this is a publicity stunt?
Why? Because Green Day has three successive albums coming out by the end of the year? Naaaaaah.

Sammo
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Oh dear, he ate too much gummy bears :awww:

edificio
Sep 25th, 2012, 07:38 AM

Yeah, no. Just no.

Apparently, people like their rock stars to be milksops these days. :lol: This was the tiniest meltdown ever. Seemed justified and a little bit of theater for the crowd.

Though he really ought to consider getting the drinking problem in check. He's not getting any younger.

saint2
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Apparently, people like their rock stars to be milksops these days.

Oh, man, how badazz he is....14 yo Green Day fans sure will apriciate that.

Londoner
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Billie Joe is a sex God :hehehe:.

Reminds me of Alice Cooper without the pizazz and personality.

Londoner
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Green Day sold out years ago, they have no right to complain about such things.

This. A punk rocker mentoring on The Voice?! :lol:

Londoner
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Trying so hard for publicity at the moment, yet no one cares :lol:

He even said to Gwen Stefani on camera, "If I wasn't married I'd fuck the shit out of you."

He claims to be bisexual. Though my gaydar has always sounded like a siren with him. People marry for all sorts of reasons. Gwen was probably both ew and :bolt:

saint2
Sep 25th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Reminds me of Alice Cooper without the pizazz and personality.

Alice was a man :worship::worship::worship:

Too bad quality of rock music gone down to Green Days of all people...

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 25th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Alice was a man :worship::worship::worship:

Too bad quality of rock music gone down to Green Days of all people...
Hardly anyone on TF even talks about rock music :lol:.

Anyway, I didn't know Green Day had so many haters :lol:. I think any semi-relevant rock act on the charts should be celebrated even if they're good but not great like Green Day. Lord knows rock is mostly dead on the charts.

Super Dave
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
He doesn't even appear under the influence in the video.

American Idiot was a great album and one of my all-time favorites, but I haven't liked anything since. Before that, they were just meh for me. Although I did once own the "Dookie" cd.

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM
He doesn't even appear under the influence in the video.

American Idiot was a great album and one of my all-time favorites, but I haven't liked anything since. Before that, they were just meh for me. Although I did once own the "Dookie" cd.
"American Idiot" has some great songs but as a whole album I preferred "21st Century Breakdown" :eek:

Certinfy
Sep 25th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Boulevard Of Broken Dreama, Good Riddance, When It's Time, and Wake Me Up When September Ends are the only songs I like from them. Not a fan of the band itself though but this was pretty awesome. :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 25th, 2012, 03:40 PM
^ I love "Boulevard". Hated it at first due to overplaying but I like it now :). 21CB has some similar ballad-type songs which you might like if you liked Boulevard :).

saint2
Sep 25th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Hardly anyone on TF even talks about rock music .

TBH, if modern day rock is Green Day, Im not Suprised...:lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuyvT8nFMLY

Greatest band EVER :worship::worship:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 26th, 2012, 01:04 AM

Kiss is my fave ;). I have VH's first album though. It's OK :D.

Tennis Fool
Sep 26th, 2012, 05:10 AM

Kiss is my fave ;). I have VH's first album though. It's OK :D.
Hmmm.

Those who consider only the 60s and 70s as the time of real rock would consider VH a borderline hair band. Kiss to them is a jooooooooooke.

saint2
Sep 26th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Those who consider only the 60s and 70s as the time of real rock would consider VH a borderline hair band. Kiss to them is a jooooooooooke.

Well, Van Halen and KISS are more relevant than 99% of boring, british bands from 60s and 70s- actually than every band from that era, xcept from Beatles, Stones and Sabbath.

My big three is VH, ACDC and Aerosmith.

LoveFifteen
Sep 26th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Publicity stunt

Mary Cherry.
Sep 26th, 2012, 04:04 PM

Everyone seemed to be outraged by this comment but I kind of agree. U Got It Bad has a better guitar solo than any Green Day song has.

Sammo
Sep 26th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I don't care even if Usher is Frank Sinatra V2, he did a duo with Justin Bieber.

lee station
Sep 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM
green day... that's from the previous century. i used to know a person who digged them, but i never got into their music