PDA

View Full Version : Iranian cleric gets beat down for telling woman to cover up: report

Infiniti2001
Sep 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM
‘I was just feeling the kicks of a woman who was beating me up,’ says cleric, who spent three days in hospital after criticizing woman about her head scarf.

Perhaps next time he’ll think twice before opening his mouth.

A mouthy Iranian cleric spent three days in the hospital after he was savagely beaten by a woman he criticized for having her head partly uncovered, state news reported.

Hojatoleslam Ali Beheshti, a mid-level cleric in the northern province of Semnan, was on his way to a mosque in the town of Shahmirza when he spotted the woman's veil looking loose and warned her to cover up, Mehr news agency reported.

"You cover your eyes," she shot back according to the news agency.

State laws in Iran require women to wear a hijab - a scarf that covers their hair and neck - and loose fitting clothes that covers up their bodies.

When Beheshti repeated the warning, the woman got aggressive, the cleric said.

"Not only didn't she cover herself up, but she also insulted me. I asked her not to insult me anymore, but she started shouting and threatening me," Beheshti said.

"She pushed me and I fell to the ground on my back," he continued.

"From that point on, I don't know what happened. I was just feeling the kicks of the woman who was beating me up and insulting me."

Behshti said he spent three days in the hospital after the beat-down.

He didn't file an official complaint, despite going through "the worst days of his life," according to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, which blogged about the Mehr report.

Authorities in Iran classified the case as a "public beating" and were reviewing the case, according to the report.

Other Iranian clerics have taken lumps for warning women to cover their stuff, including one working for Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, according to Mehr.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/iranian-cleric-beat-telling-woman-cover-article-1.1162844#ixzz27352FDba

I don't condone any kind of violence, but this is definitely poetic justice :lol: Now if the Saudi women would revolt against their captors :tape:

saint2
Sep 20th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Getting beat down from a woman, and then speak about it in public :o:o:o

What a pansy.:o

Sammo
Sep 20th, 2012, 10:29 PM
F*ck yeah

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060702155247/uncyclopedia/images/1/17/Bikini_and_burka.jpg

skanky~skanketta
Sep 21st, 2012, 03:08 AM
LOL! He deserved it.

pov
Sep 21st, 2012, 04:53 PM
Apparently Iranian women aren't the docile and controlled puppets the Western media likes to portray them as.

pov
Sep 21st, 2012, 04:54 PM
LOL! He deserved it.
Of course he didn't. To be assaulted for commenting on how someone is dressed? Her berating him was more than enough.

Sweety Darling
Sep 21st, 2012, 05:01 PM
LOL! He deserved it.

No he didn't.

Sweety Darling
Sep 21st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Apparently Iranian women aren't the docile and controlled puppets the Western media likes to portray them as.

I don't really hear that of Iranian women so much as Saudi Ariabian women.

saint2
Sep 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Of course he didn't. To be assaulted for commenting on how someone is dressed? Her berating him was more than enough.

HER beating HIM ??? In what world Im living in ? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are all islamic clerics such pussies ?

Olórin
Sep 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM

If you'd ever met Iranian women you'd know they can be as feisty as anyone :lol:

WowWow
Sep 21st, 2012, 06:50 PM
There was a time when Iran was a secular country. Those were the days.

*JR*
Sep 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM
Maybe she really works as a dominatrix for Iranian men with fetishes. If she does that job wearing a full hejab, who would know? :p

pov
Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
There was a time when Iran was a secular country. Those were the days.
That was for a relatively short period. The architects of that secularism both blamed the British for the fall of secularism and the rise of Islamism in the Mid-East.

Sgt.Timmykinz
Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
He's a pussy, he should have said a group of thugs mugged him to retain his dignity, he may as well now castrate himself!

Infiniti2001
Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:57 PM

what? It is widely known that Iranian women are defiant... Barbara Walters once featured some women on 20/20 and we were shown how freely they along with their daily lives... Iranian women have an obsession with plastic surgery especially rhinoplasty :shrug:

KournikovaFan91
Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM

Exactly If I shouted to a woman in the street here "You're dressed like a whore" and she attacked me she would be the sole person in the wrong in the eyes of the law. :shrug:

saint2
Sep 23rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Exactly If I shouted to a woman in the street here "You're dressed like a whore" and she attacked me she would be the sole person in the wrong in the eyes of the law. :shrug:

If you'd get beaten by woman (for whatever reason), its you who should get jailtime for being a pussy...

homogenius
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
If you'd get beaten by woman (for whatever reason), its you who should get jailtime for being a pussy...

:rolleyes:

Sammo
Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:15 PM

I'd love to see you up against this lady

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/full/458474.jpg

saint2
Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
I'd love to see you up against this lady

I'd loose. But only bc I'd never hit a lady. Unlike this cleric, I wouldn't cry and whine after that :lol::lol:

However, if I had to fight Serena seriously, it would end bad for her, even though she would have size advantage over me.