PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood is still da man.

pov
Sep 18th, 2012, 12:07 AM
The combination of his vocal timbre and phrasing, his eyes and his mannerisms epitomize "cool."

Interview: "President Obama says he's still a fan of yours"
Eastwood: " Heh . .that's his bad judgement." Chuckles . .

Halardfan
Sep 18th, 2012, 12:25 AM
The combination of his vocal timbre and phrasing, his eyes and his mannerisms epitomize "cool."

He is a movie legend...didn't like the whole interviewing Obama thing but still.

Best film? I love The Good The Bad and the Ugly.

edificio
Sep 18th, 2012, 12:54 AM
The guy has lost it.

The Dawntreader
Sep 18th, 2012, 01:16 AM
The guy has lost it.

This. He's a car-crash of Republican sycophancy now.

JN
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I'm glad he could be there for Romney. Extremely glad. :lol:

Serenita
Sep 18th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Great actor, but wrong on the issues...

McPie
Sep 18th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Get 3 Coffins ready :p

ptkten
Sep 18th, 2012, 04:24 AM
He's a great actor and director. I personally couldn't care less what an actor's political viewpoints are as long as they're not advocating mass murder or something.

wildemu
Sep 18th, 2012, 05:45 AM
still don't understand why gran torino is so well-praised. Thought the acting in that film was awful.

McPie
Sep 18th, 2012, 06:11 AM
you see, this world has 2 kinds of people, my friend. one with loaded guns, and one who has to dig :p

Beat
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:03 AM
his latest movies were awful: invictus, gran turino, hereafter, changeling ... terrible, terrible stuff. but of course he's this Great American Icon, so nobody dares to criticize his work and he gets oscar nomination after oscar nomination.

and please, let's just pretend the "empty chair" performance never happened. alright? :o

McPie
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:12 AM
It's gonna fall in our hands. You see, we're just a private enterprise operation. :p

saint2
Sep 18th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Actually I think hes one of few "celebrities" who would be a good president...Good, or better than Obama, I guess...

McPie
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Sit down on this bench. I want you to have a drink. :p

JN
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Actually I think hes one of few "celebrities" who would be a good president...Good, or better than Obama, I guess...

No, actually you don't think.

Talk about totally obliterating the tiny smidgen of credibility you had left. You've gotta be a troll, there's no other plausible explanation. :help:

ptkten
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:43 PM
his latest movies were awful: invictus, gran turino, hereafter, changeling ... terrible, terrible stuff. but of course he's this Great American Icon, so nobody dares to criticize his work and he gets oscar nomination after oscar nomination.

and please, let's just pretend the "empty chair" performance never happened. alright? :o

I don't think Gran Torino is terrible at all. The dialogue isn't that great but it's so well directed and has really interesting themes so the movie ends up being very successful. I don't think critics were off on that one at all. Agree with you on Changeling, Hereafter, Invictus, and J. Edgar but none of those movies were nominated for Best Picture anyway I don't think. He seems to have turned to trying to make "Oscar" movies which is so strange because his better movies are those where he's not trying to make Oscar bait.

M2k
Sep 18th, 2012, 03:09 PM

WOW!

Words can't describe... :speakles:

Sammo
Sep 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I've seen more moisturized Egyptian mummies than him

young_gunner913
Sep 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM
His new movie looks like a huge piece of shit. :tape: I really had a hard time believing that was it when I first saw the preview.

Super Dave
Sep 18th, 2012, 03:54 PM
His new movie looks like a huge piece of shit. :tape: I really had a hard time believing that was it when I first saw the preview.

Amy Adams, though :hearts:

Wigglytuff
Sep 18th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I didn't get his appeal before the RNC and I don't get it now.

JN
Sep 18th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I didn't get his appeal before the RNC and I don't get it now.

That's because you haven't been lobotomized.

young_gunner913
Sep 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Amy Adams, though :hearts:

She makes me want to vomit. :o

This is going to be one of those disgustingly heart warming films about the not so average daughter and her prick father going through an adventure together where they both grow as people. Gag me.

Ryan
Sep 18th, 2012, 04:47 PM

Congrats, you might have made a thread even more pointless than Volcana. Well done...?