PDA

View Full Version : I'm holding tryouts for my TF BFF as Kart has been slack!

Rocketta
Sep 17th, 2012, 04:59 PM
This position requires a wonderful heart, a quick wit, to be a gracious host, the ability to travel, and you must have power on this forum?

Oh, and have an undyling love for the person I am and take the time and energy to write me notes to such effect. The time and energy to talk on the phone occassionally.

I may increase my family next year, so also must be willing to be a loving Godfather...

Must be male (sorry ladies), gay or straight is no matter to me.... :D

Preferably someone who can give me medical advice when I call with whatever Female problem I'm currently having. :D

So I have some poster's in the running...... so far...

MiffedMax
Pureracket

or someone can just round up Kart and tell him I miss him and need him. :help: :tears: :help:

Rocketta
Sep 17th, 2012, 05:37 PM
are all of those qualities mandatory or can someone with, say, extreme levels of power on this forum compensate for not having that little 'heart' thing?? All hypothetical ofcourse

First, what the heck is undyling? :lol: Typos/misspellings :banghead:

of course I meant an undying love... :D

Hypothetically, the only one of those I would compromise on if I had too is the power one.... and that's because under the new administration everyone and their mama has a little power these days.. :lol:

*JR*
Sep 17th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I may increase my family next year, so also must be willing to be a loving Godfather...

A loving Godfather? I have just the man 4U:

vZlK2WxVeX8

Rocketta
Sep 17th, 2012, 07:00 PM
so what are the perks of this position?

Well the biggest perk is getting into my personal family circle....my company which of course is priceless, my advice which is almost priceless, and the best perk being able to visit and lay in the bed with me and the baby watching movies... :hearts:

Oh and until we meet in person, unbelievably intense flirting until I realize you're gay and we meet and then I feel like your are my brother or until we meet and you realize I'm all type and zero action. :shrug: :yeah:

Whoever takes his place, when we meet it will have to be like we've known each other forever and spend hours talking. :hearts:

Oh and I think I left this out in the first paragraph, but he has to be very very smart. :D

Rocketta
Sep 17th, 2012, 07:02 PM
A loving Godfather? I have just the man 4U:

vZlK2WxVeX8

Not in mine or my child's lifetime. :D

Sally Struthers
Sep 17th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Kart plays twit occasionally.

Rocketta
Sep 17th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Kart plays twit occasionally.

Oh yeah I forgot that. :yeah:

Kuilli
Sep 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Sorry Rocketta, but I'm afraid one just can't replace Kart. :awww: You will just have to bring him back somehow. ;)

JN
Sep 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
The same Kart who unceremoniously shut down the Political subforum and then quit? Surely you can do better than that. ;)

Wigglytuff
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:19 AM
I'm all those things!!!

JN
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Kart was actually really nice
And I don't know what kind of fuckery you guys got into in that forum but something tells me it wasn't entirely necessary round these parts (judging by the spill over arguments that go on in other threads)

The fact GM still exists makes his closing the Political subforum a bullshit move. Lazy moderating.

Kuilli
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Seriously, though. You know/knew Kart in real life?
She does. Few people have had that honour. ;)

I'm all those things!!!
Except for being a male part, perhaps? ;)

JN
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
no disrespect jn but keeping a general tennis discussion forum on a tennis forum is not the same thing as keeping a hidden politically themed subforum in the non tennis section. Gm is probably the main reason tf exists.

And in the immortal words of Clifford 'TIP' Harris - y'all need to be grateful for the things you do got. Compared to other forums TF mods are freaking saints if closing an unnecessary imo addition to the forum is the worst they can do. On some forums I've been on they're the ones leading the racism, discrimination and bullying not to mention being unable to tolerate criticism.

No disrespect, either, but all of that makes perfect sense coming from someone who wasn't a regular contributor to the forum, so I'll just leave it at that.

Rocketta
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm been trying to respond to JN for a day now but people keep interrupting me and it kept getting deleted. :lol:

Kart, stayed an admin for almost two years longer than he wanted to out of loyalty to this website.. I'm happy that he was able to finally leave because he had a lot of things to do he didn't need to continue to let this place bother him.

JN, you know that the regulars of the political forum loved arguing just as much if not more than the actual subject matter. The political forum started out temporary, was always suppose to be temporary if I remember correctly... the only mistake I see is letting it stay so long to where people thought it was always going to be a permanent feature.

Malcolm-- I do know Kart in real life, He is the godfather to my daughter (it's a long story but in a way she wouldn't be here without him). I've been to London to see him. He's been to Virginia to see me.... and it's time for him to get his butt back here. :)

Rocketta
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I'm all those things!!!

:lol:

Apart from the lacking of male parts..... You forget I met your wife...... so most of those things would not be possible. ;)

Ryan
Sep 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM
This position requires a wonderful heart, a quick wit, to be a gracious host, the ability to travel, and you must have power on this forum?

Oh, and have an undyling love for the person I am and take the time and energy to write me notes to such effect. The time and energy to talk on the phone occassionally.

Must be male (sorry ladies), gay or straight is no matter to me.... :D

Preferably someone who can give me medical advice when I call with whatever Female problem I'm currently having. :D

So I have some poster's in the running...... so far...

MiffedMax
Pureracket

or someone can just round up Kart and tell him I miss him and need him. :help: :tears: :help:

I have none of these skills, but I like to win competitions. So I want in. ;)

Sean.
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Silly lady, it's not going to work out until you're over your ex! :p

You're basically just asking for a glorified rebound! :oh:

Make him jealous, Kart'll come crawling back!

Rocketta
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:43 AM
That sounds lovely. :)

Are you looking for a sperm donor?

LOL, eh NO! My husband's sperm is quite fertile thank you though. :lol:

Although, had I not met my hubby you can bet Kart would have had to pony up some as my clock is almost ticked out. :o :o :o :o :help:

Rocketta
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Silly lady, it's not going to work out until you're over your ex! :p

You're basically just asking for a glorified rebound! :oh:

Make him jealous, Kart'll come crawling back!

What's wrong with a rebound? Everyone on this board thinks it's ok for Serena to be the rebound chick.... why not one of you nice fella's? :lol:

I've been waiting for Kart to come back to me this site and still nothing.... :help:

Rocketta
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:46 AM
I have none of these skills, but I like to win competitions. So I want in. ;)

you can't get in just cause you want to.....You have to bring something to table... besides the power part on this board.... what else do you have to offer? :hehehe:

Rocketta
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:48 AM
She does. Few people have had that honour. ;)

Kuilli, I can't remember did you get to see Kart when you were in London?? :confused:

Wigglytuff
Sep 19th, 2012, 04:07 AM

Apart from the lacking of male parts..... You forget I met your wife...... so most of those things would not be possible. ;)

Male parts can be purchased. :angel: ;) :tape: plus what she don't know won't hurt me.

Oh, this is a public forum. :facepalm:

Sean.
Sep 20th, 2012, 12:39 PM
you can't get in just cause you want to.....You have to bring something to table... besides the power part on this board.... what else do you have to offer? :hehehe:

He's Canadian, so he can be the butt for jokes.

Everyone needs a target in their lives! :p

Sean.
Sep 20th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I've been waiting for Kart to come back to me this site and still nothing.... :help:

Show a bit of leg & flirt with his best friend (James) he'll come running back! :lol:

Kuilli
Sep 20th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Show a bit of leg & flirt with his best friend (James) he'll come running back! :lol:
If only that worked, I would be all over him. :angel:

Sally Struthers
Sep 20th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I miss living vicariously through Kart's funny romantic troubles :sad:

Kuilli
Sep 20th, 2012, 04:16 PM
So do I. :bigcry:

Rocketta
Sep 21st, 2012, 06:10 AM
He's just abandoned us all! :sobbing:

Rocketta
Sep 21st, 2012, 06:18 AM
Well when you said your daughter "wouldn't be here without him" I kinda put two and two together :lol:

So... what does Kart smell like?

:lol: Oh Gosh no! :lol: I'm just saying I probably wouldn't have hooked up with my hubby if it wasn't for something Kart said to me.

hmm what does Kart smell like....

Raindrops and Roses of course :hearts:

or is that

Curry and antiseptic :eek:

can't really remember. :banghead:

He's Canadian, so he can be the butt for jokes.

Everyone needs a target in their lives! :p

Yeah but there are a thousand dweebs on here that are the butt of jokes already. :help:

I would need MORE! :sad:

Oh Kuilli is so right on this one.....ah that ain't going to work! :lol:

Super Dave
Sep 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
I'll put word out on TWIT that you miss him badly :lol:

Kuilli
Sep 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
It's just not the same here without him. :awww: :awww:

Rocketta
Sep 21st, 2012, 08:22 PM
I'll put word out on TWIT that you miss him badly :lol:

:yeah: and throw in some guilt! :hehehe:

Pureracket
Sep 21st, 2012, 10:30 PM
Rocketta is so cute in this thread. LOL!

Rocketta
Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:16 AM
Rocketta is so cute in this thread. LOL!

The things we do to entertain ourselves! :lol: BTW, only us old timer's remember your avatar of a picture of yourself.... speaking of cute.. :drool: ;) :hehehe:

Helen Lawson
Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:19 AM
Kart was the best, but you have to respect his wish to do other things.

Pureracket
Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:25 AM
The things we do to entertain ourselves! :lol: BTW, only us old timer's remember your avatar of a picture of yourself.... speaking of cute.. :drool: ;) :hehehe:*Embarrassed*

Ryan
Sep 22nd, 2012, 01:16 AM

Dashing good looks, modesty, good taste in music, and great sense of humour. Modesty, too.

Rocketta
Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:34 AM
Dashing good looks, modesty, good taste in music, and great sense of humour. Modesty, too.

So let me understand Modesty is one of your best qualities... so much so you said it twice? :D

Rocketta
Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
pretty sure one of those is a description of his personailty. So what was your first meeting like? Dramatic? Tell us a story!:bounce:

I wish I could tell you something interesting..... but basically, he picked me up at the airport.... although, he did let me walk right past him eventhough I told him and he saw a picture of me that I had I really long dreads... :facepalm:

Honestly, it was weird for maybe the first 30 minutes but then it was all gravy...

We did have an argument that we posted on the board to get people's opinion's about. I did something that Kart thought was so uncouth and I thought was perfectly logical as an American. It had to do with a drug store worker and a certain spoon. :tape:

Sally Struthers
Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
We did have an argument that we posted on the board to get people's opinion's about. I did something that Kart thought was so uncouth and I thought was perfectly logical as an American. It had to do with a drug store worker and a certain spoon. :tape:

What on earth did you do? I'm trying to imagine what it was, but I can't connect the dots. It takes a lot for Kart to think something is uncouth ... we are talking about the person who broke someone's art work at a showing :o :lol:

Kuilli
Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
Oh, I remember that. :haha:

And no, I didn't meet him when I was in London. Maybe next time. ;)

Rocketta
Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
What on earth did you do? I'm trying to imagine what it was, but I can't connect the dots. It takes a lot for Kart to think something is uncouth ... we are talking about the person who broke someone's art work at a showing :o :lol:

:lol: It was so simple! :lol:

Sometimes my medicine when I take it gives me indigestion. So that morning before we went to Wimbledon we go to this little drug store to buy something to help me. Kart picks out the medicine, I take it to the register to pay and the lady at the register offers me a spoon. I say, "Great Thanks!" I proceed to open the medicine, take it with the spoon. This is where the argument comes in.... I then ask the lady can she put the spoon in the trash and hand it back to her. Kart thought that was just unheard of! :eek: :help: He couldn't believe I took the medicine in the store but to hand the woman back the spoon was just OVER THE TOP. :lol: My point is, if I'm not to take it in the store then don't give me a spoon ANDin London they don't have any public trash cans for fear of terrorism so I'm like why would I take the spoon out with us and have to hold on to it forever until I find a trash can.

It really was funny, because Kart was mortified. :haha:

Rocketta
Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Oh, I remember that. :haha:

And no, I didn't meet him when I was in London. Maybe next time. ;)

I remember you met someone, was it James? :confused:

Sally Struthers
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM

Sometimes my medicine when I take it gives me indigestion. So that morning before we went to Wimbledon we go to this little drug store to buy something to help me. Kart picks out the medicine, I take it to the register to pay and the lady at the register offers me a spoon. I say, "Great Thanks!" I proceed to open the medicine, take it with the spoon. This is where the argument comes in.... I then ask the lady can she put the spoon in the trash and hand it back to her. Kart thought that was just unheard of! :eek: :help: He couldn't believe I took the medicine in the store but to hand the woman back the spoon was just OVER THE TOP. :lol: My point is, if I'm not to take it in the store then don't give me a spoon ANDin London they don't have any public trash cans for fear of terrorism so I'm like why would I take the spoon out with us and have to hold on to it forever until I find a trash can.

it's not like you took a swig from the bottle in public :tape:

However, it is kind of gross to hand the spoon back to the cashier since you were sick. At least wrap it in a couple of tissues.

Rocketta
Sep 24th, 2012, 12:07 AM
it's not like you took a swig from the bottle in public :tape:

However, it is kind of gross to hand the spoon back to the cashier since you were sick. At least wrap it in a couple of tissues.

What tissues?? It's not like I handed her the wet part of the spoon that was in my mouth. :lol:

Besides she works in a drug store she should be used to sick people, breathing on her, giving her money, etc... :shrug:

Sean.
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:15 AM

OMG!! :speakles: You did WHAT!!?

You're now undatable, I'm afraid! :p

Sally Struthers
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:38 AM
What tissues?? It's not like I handed her the wet part of the spoon that was in my mouth. :lol:

Besides she works in a drug store she should be used to sick people, breathing on her, giving her money, etc... :shrug:

Had it been me, I would have gone to the nearest fast food restaurant or coffee shop, ordered something just to get a spoon and napkin, and spent $10 extra and 30 minutes doing it. Your way does seem more efficient :p:lol:

Rocketta
Sep 25th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Had it been me, I would have gone to the nearest fast food restaurant or coffee shop, ordered something just to get a spoon and napkin, and spent $10 extra and 30 minutes doing it. Your way does seem more efficient :p:lol:

definitely wouldn't have done all that especially since getting to the country and getting home basically takes up all my money and all I can do after that is look. :tape:

Rocketta
Sep 25th, 2012, 12:23 AM
OMG!! :speakles: You did WHAT!!?

You're now undatable, I'm afraid! :p

Kart's just lucky I wasn't a loud person on top of it all! :p

For his sake no one actually made me mad during that trip... except for him one time... but I promised to never mention it again so now I can't even remember what happened.... :lol:

Oh wait, now I do! :fiery:

*JR*
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Regarding both what Rocky is looking for, and the spoon episode. :tape:

eswQl-hcvU0

Rocketta
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:35 PM
er... what was the reaction of the lady you gave the spoon to when you did it?

hmm, I don't know. However, to be honest I didn't care.... she WAS going to take that spoon and get rid of it. :shrug:

Kuilli
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:36 PM
It's the big boy's birthday today. :awww: He is turning 21..... again. ;)

I remember you met someone, was it James? :confused:
No, not James. I met Yasmine and Linda.

Rocketta
Sep 25th, 2012, 10:00 PM
It's the big boy's birthday today. :awww: He is turning 21..... again. ;)

No, not James. I met Yasmine and Linda.

Yes, that's right! Yasmine and Linda.... :lol: Hmmm, I guess someone needs to go and give him a birthday tongue lashing! and no it's not the type of tonguing he's going to like. :lol:

Kuilli
Sep 25th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Yes, that's right! Yasmine and Linda.... :lol: Hmmm, I guess someone needs to go and give him a birthday tongue lashing! and no it's not the type of tonguing he's going to like. :lol:
We did plan to hijack James and get him to take us to Dusseldorf to check out the xmas markets, but then I ended up staying there for a couple of days before going to Netherlands and Linda wasn't that interested in xmas markets, so there was no point going back. :lol:

Poor bday boy. :awww: And I'm quite sure he is used to different kind of tongue lashing. :lol:

Rocketta
Sep 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
We did plan to hijack James and get him to take us to Dusseldorf to check out the xmas markets, but then I ended up staying there for a couple of days before going to Netherlands and Linda wasn't that interested in xmas markets, so there was no point going back. :lol:

Oh, :sad:

Poor bday boy. :awww: And I'm quite sure he is used to different kind of tongue lashing. :lol:

definitely not the tongue lashing he would prefer! :lol:

Kuilli
Sep 26th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Oh, :sad:

definitely not the tongue lashing he would prefer! :lol:
Maybe next time if I stay longer, I'll check out James also. :angel:

I guess since he hasn't been a good boy, he shouldn't really expect a present. ;) At least I was nice to him and remembered he is 21. :angel:

Rocketta
Sep 26th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Maybe next time if I stay longer, I'll check out James also. :angel:

I guess since he hasn't been a good boy, he shouldn't really expect a present. ;) At least I was nice to him and remembered he is 21. :angel:

I did see that you remembered! Which is good you posted it here because I had no clue. :lol: :o :help:

I was asking because if she wasn't visibly upset/disgusted/annoyed about having to hold your spoon then why would Kart be?:shrug:

Because *SOME* British people are prim and proper! :o :help: :o

or the pretend to be. :hehehe: