PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race 21

Freakan
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Starting soon!
This time it seems producers have chosen some interesting teams :yeah:
I don't know too much about American celebrities but I'm pretty sure it's the 1st time they have 4 contestans that have their wiki bios before the show even started, so getting celebrities to compete seems to be becoming a strategy, not sure if it's a good thing... But still, the teams seem more interesting than in most of the recent seasons :yeah:

E-gsF7I7hjk

KournikovaFan91
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Can't wait, happy there are no former Survivor or BB contestants.

Freakan
Sep 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM
First episode today :cheer:

Morning Morgan
Sep 30th, 2012, 06:17 PM
YASSSSS my life has meaning again :hysteric:

Cineast
Oct 1st, 2012, 01:38 AM
Do these people really not know what an abacus is or how to pronounce the word?

Valanga
Oct 1st, 2012, 11:06 AM
I feel bad for the eliminated team, but really, they had themselves to blame

Super Dave
Oct 1st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Frog fallopian tubes? Really?

KournikovaFan91
Oct 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM

IKR :rolleyes:

The preview seems to suggest India could be popping up again. Is it really necessary to visit India and/or China every freaking year.

I was kinda hoping the Chippendales would go because I'm sure CBS want them around for a while but I didn't like that guy from the eliminated team either.

longtin23
Oct 1st, 2012, 02:17 PM

:lol: My mum ask the same question...

I feel bad for the eliminated team, but really, they had themselves to blame

Seriously? Go to Bank of China instead of the Bund?? They deserve it. Also, those citizens around tell some teams where the clue is (the lady holding the abacus...

Valanga
Oct 1st, 2012, 02:34 PM
IKR :rolleyes:

The preview seems to suggest India could be popping up again. Is it really necessary to visit India and/or China every freaking year.

I was kinda hoping the Chippendales would go because I'm sure CBS want them around for a while but I didn't like that guy from the eliminated team either.

China and India always show up once in alternate season :lol:

Morning Morgan
Oct 1st, 2012, 02:46 PM
Frog fallopian tubes? Really?

It's really quite delicious when you try it. It has the most amazing texture, and when double boiled with rock sugar absorbs a very delicate sugary taste.

edificio
Oct 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM

I know. That was just unbelievable. :lol::help:

But I am SO GLAD controlling lumberjack and wife-to-be are out.

There are really so many teams, I can't keep track, but I did notice that there were very few that charmed me from the start.

I guess the twins could provide good TV, but they could still dial it back a bit.

Freakan
Oct 1st, 2012, 10:48 PM
That was close but chippendales survived :yeah: The blond one seems really gay...
The sisters tend to be annoying and loud but they will also probably make this show more exciting :yeah:

Morning Morgan
Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:29 AM
I was :facepalm: at all the clue sharing. Like freaking hell why would you throw an advantage that you gotten fair and square away?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:53 AM
I was :facepalm: at all the clue sharing. Like freaking hell why would you throw an advantage that you gotten fair and square away?

It happens every season, you'd think 2 million bucks would deter them but no..

Hapsara
Oct 2nd, 2012, 05:20 AM
Looks like in Russia they're gonna do synchronized swimming :help:

Michalka
Oct 2nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Wow, the teams really lucked out this time with the frog fallopian tubes. In previous legs that went to China they often had to digest some really disgusting Chinese delicacy, but frog fallopian tubes is extremely nourishing and delicious. It is completely tasteless on itself and really requires it to be boiled together with rock sugar and dried longan to bring out the taste. It is like a less expensive version of bird's nest. I used to eat it often when I was young and I remember I loved it, they're served in most major Chinese restaurants as a dessert as well.

Valanga
Oct 2nd, 2012, 06:36 AM
I JUST realised what frog fallopian tubes are about (never knew 雪蛤 was about frogs). It's actually something really pleasant, and good for women (and also other people), loads of people would buy them for soup (and yup like Michalka said, with Longan)

Super Dave
Oct 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
I just always wonder about how eating certain foods originated...like who was the first one to get the notion to eat frog fallopian tubes. I suppose I could look it up...

edificio
Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:45 PM
Frog fallopian tubes, no matter how sugared up, I am not eating. :lol:

Morning Morgan
Oct 3rd, 2012, 12:39 AM
Frog fallopian tubes, no matter how sugared up, I am not eating. :lol:

Trust me, if no one told you what it was you would be shouting "DELISH!"

Hurley
Oct 5th, 2012, 02:54 AM
That was close but chippendales survived :yeah: The blond one seems really gay...

He is gay. :drool:
http://www.afterelton.com/tv/2012/08/amazing-race-team-gay-chippendale-beekman

Freakan
Oct 5th, 2012, 06:45 AM

This made my day! :drool: ;)

mckyle.
Oct 6th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Woah, annoying caricature overload this season. I couldn't decide who I wanted to go home first. The Goat Queens will be unbearable. The blonde Chippendale with the contrived hillbilly accent will be, too. The monster truck folks will be useless. The Texan girl and her yee-hawing was unnecessary. The Sri Lankans' accents are incredibly annoying, but I think that may have more to do with the high-pitched screaming than the actual accents.

The lumberjack & his woman were completely useless, so no loss there. I have a feeling that if Chippendale had come in last, then it would have been an NEL.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 8th, 2012, 12:48 AM
So Rob and Kelley go from thinking theyre in 1st to being in last :lol:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 8th, 2012, 01:17 AM
"there's no information in Indonesia" :lol:

smarties
Oct 8th, 2012, 12:42 PM

Good, they won't be shoving down our throat the whole chippendales-blong girls romance/flirt angle.

yeah those girls from Sri Lanka are so loud and obnoxious!!!:help:

longtin23
Oct 8th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I cannot understand how they dont know how to pronounce Surabaya

longtin23
Oct 8th, 2012, 01:12 PM

:drool:Nice look

Super Dave
Oct 8th, 2012, 01:35 PM
:awww:

edificio
Oct 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
"there's no information in Indonesia" :lol:

That cracked me up.

:lol:

Otherwise, this season is so far a little boring.

If it weren't for the sisters and the Chippendales (though one seems to be putting on an old Texas accent or something), we'd have so little energy this season.

Freakan
Oct 8th, 2012, 09:07 PM
The teachers are the most annoying for me, just no fighting spirit, they give up easier than 5 yo girls. Unless some other team gets unlucky with cab drivers etc., they're out within next 2 episodes.

Blu€
Oct 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
:bigcry: Should have been a NEL, I was rooting for the eliminated team :awww:, so unlucky. I hate it when teams lose because of taxi drivers.

Valanga
Oct 10th, 2012, 11:26 AM
There is no information in Indonesia :haha:
poor team :o

The task designs remained really lame though...nothing special (that bull race was ridiculous :o)
And I somehow think James is hotter than Jaymes :lol:
Is he gay as well?

Super Dave
Oct 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Does anyone even "call information" in the US anymore? :lol:

Hapsara
Oct 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM
How come TAR won Emmy after Emmy after this lame tasks...

Valanga
Oct 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM
How come TAR won Emmy after Emmy after this lame tasks...

I know right :o

Morning Morgan
Oct 14th, 2012, 06:07 PM
It's alright, I hear they have to clear the anus of a constipated rhino when they go to Africa. That would be a sight to behold.

Hurley
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Well, it only took 4 seasons or so, but we finally had an exciting moment on "The Amazing Race"!!! :D Too bad it favored the boring, lazy, stupid, and grumpy "superfan" teachers who just barely lollygagged through a leg for the second week in a row despite apparently not caring or trying.

In other news, I love Jaymes so much :hysteric: I can't help it. I have terrible taste in men. :crying2:

KournikovaFan91
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:55 PM
:rolleyes:

This show is so frustrating, a U-Turn when 5 of the teams where ridiculously far ahead made no sense.

Yet again a taxi driver fucks up, I hope if they come back to Ireland that taxi drivers aren't that inept here. I mean seriously every single season in an Asian country a local taxi driver screws.

Those teachers are the lamest team in a long time. :o

It can't even be considered a foot race to the line.

longtin23
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Poor girls, the driver just caused their race :o:o
Stupid driver making the show not really worth-watching...

Morning Morgan
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:11 PM
The girls were so obnoxious to the local driver I'm glad they're out. Did they berate the driver just because they do not speak English when it is not their native language? And part of the charm of TAR are all the soft factors outside of the set tasks, it shows just how the real world operates.

mckyle.
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
No wonder the blondes didn't get much screen time. They're huge bitches. They seemed to have so much contempt for foreigners. Why go on a show like The Amazing Race if you hate foreign people? :lol:

KournikovaFan91
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Jamie and Cara got tons of airtime and Jaime I think hated foreigners in a similar manner if I remember correctly :lol:

But seriously people who operated taxis etc. should know the city they work in. This happens every season and just highlights how crap most taxi drivers are.

Hapsara
Oct 15th, 2012, 04:35 PM
One of Sri Lanka's girls hit her head to camera :lol:
Precious..

Vincey!
Oct 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Last week was so sad, I wanted Amy to go deep...too bad

This week was a hot mess tho lol again screwed by drivers....it makes the game less interesting tbh..but well the blond chicks were rather annoying, eye candy but way too angry all the time lol

edificio
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:51 PM
After the blondes went on and on about the cab fare to the cabbie, I was ready to see them go, so good on ya, TAR!

Otherwise, this show is a little boring already. The substitute teachers will be out soon. They definitely got lucky. And the twins got dumb, joining a big group and then falling to the last third of the pack. They need to be bolder (and therefore stronger) on their own.

The U-Turn by the truckdriving team was just mean.

Freakan
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:14 PM
The teachers are the most annoying for me, just no fighting spirit, they give up easier than 5 yo girls. Unless some other team gets unlucky with cab drivers etc., they're out within next 2 episodes.

And they got lucky :o I can't stand them. They remind me of the season 2 of TAR Australia where at the beginning 2 sisters were as horrible but they managed to improve their game massively. Can't see that happening with these 2 quiters.

One of Sri Lanka's girls hit her head to camera :lol:
Precious..

:lol: Was a good one :lol:
I really like them, they're just so competitive without being total bitches (so far at least). :worship:

Blu€
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:43 PM
:haha: at those bitchy blondes, I knew they were screwed the moment they showed a clip of them in the train saying how much better they were from the other teams and that they could beat them EASILY! Instant cue for ELIMINATION :lol:
My god those teachers are useless, they can't even U-Turn properly :p
That snake music or whatever it was went on and on, so annoying!
So far the tasks have been...pathetic quite frankly. Eating fried egg or wearing a mask, woooohoo!

Cineast
Oct 16th, 2012, 07:40 PM
The U-Turn by the truckdriving team was just mean.
Why? They knew they were in the trailing group, and felt they needed to U-Turn somebody in order to stay in the race.

Cineast
Oct 16th, 2012, 07:42 PM
My god those teachers are useless, the can't even U-Turn properly
If there's one thing I hate about the show, it's the way the producers draw out decisions like this to create phony suspense.

Valanga
Oct 19th, 2012, 03:17 PM
In other news, I love Jaymes so much :hysteric: I can't help it. I have terrible taste in men. :crying2:

James is MUCH hotter than Jaymes :hysteric:

OMG this season's AWFUL. Seriously those teachers were worse than walking BYEs. :tape:
I felt bad for the girls being screwed up by taxis (that was ridiculous :o) but heeeeyy they didn't look friendly at all

And I really think CBS really need to think about TAR. The tasks have been REALLY lame. And how can this show win Emmys?

pedropt
Oct 20th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Just went through the first three episodes. Kinda meh.

I remember when I started watching this show a year ago or something. Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4. I picked my favorite team right after the first episode. Can't really say that about this season and I've watched three episodes already, that's how bad the cast is.

hautecouture
Oct 20th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Has TAR ever visited the Caribbean? I dont think so

WonderfulLee
Oct 20th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Has TAR ever visited the Caribbean? I dont think so

They go to Jamaica in season 7.

KournikovaFan91
Oct 20th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Caribbean would be good to revist, Dominican Republic, or Jamaica, I guess other countries are more difficult to access, wish they could go to Cuba but that would be impossible I guess.

Valanga
Oct 20th, 2012, 03:05 PM
They should go to Latvia or some Southern European countries (like Slovakia, Slovenia)

KournikovaFan91
Oct 22nd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Finally rid of the dead weight, my god next week looks tough.

I think I'm rooting for the Chippendales now :lol: After I wanted them gone week 1.

Super Dave
Oct 22nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
Happy with the elimination; they made me cringe. :help:

Vincey!
Oct 22nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Glad they are gone lol..overall a boring episode lol....I get why the contestants find the twins annoying but they are so funny lol. I love to watch them go crazy lol..they are just genuinely happy all the time even when they are pissed lol.

edificio
Oct 22nd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Truckdrivers need to go next.

Boring episode, since I had to skip some horrible parts.

Blu€
Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
God this season is boring, can they leave Asia already please? :o That fast forward... carrying rats around WOW :tape: I miss TAR Australia :bigcry:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:02 AM
I have kind of developed a fanship for the Sri Lankans :p
All of the others except for the gay farmers disinterest me

Drake1980
Oct 23rd, 2012, 03:53 AM
Truckdrivers need to go next.

Boring episode, since I had to skip some horrible parts.

I agree, he is such a twat

Freakan
Oct 23rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Finally :woohoo:
Hate how they claimed they represented fans of the show :o Me alone, even with a broken leg and arm would have been a better contestant (and better prepared!) than these 2 :o

Valanga
Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
My God. Will Natalie (or Nadiya) ever shut up? :tape:
Thank God that team got the boot. Bye.

The FF :tape:

Hapsara
Oct 28th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Why monstertruckers always dragging their suitcase not like others just bring the backpack

That could really slow them down :help:

njnetswill
Oct 28th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I thought the Dhaka leg was fantastic. Vintage TAR in my opinion. That bus task demanded finesse, attention to detail, and brute strength all in one.

Valanga
Oct 28th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I thought the Dhaka leg was fantastic. Vintage TAR in my opinion. That bus task demanded finesse, attention to detail, and brute strength all in one.

but the FF was just awful. And why did James and Abba actually go for it :eek: weren't they 4th or 5th getting the clue?

njnetswill
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
but the FF was just awful. And why did James and Abba actually go for it :eek: weren't they 4th or 5th getting the clue?

FF clues are usually ambiguous, and so I think anything involving rats would automatically turn off a lot of people. The rats were lame in practice but not in theory. It's the same kind of "scare" factor as shaving your head, bungee jumping, or drinking blood that previous FFs have been.

tonythetiger
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Very boring season to me. I like the twins and the chippendales, but other than them, I'm not impressed. Also, why no African American teams this year?

Hurley
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I barely watched last night except to ogle Jaymes. This season is tremendously boring.

KournikovaFan91
Oct 29th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Very boring season to me. I like the twins and the chippendales, but other than them, I'm not impressed. Also, why no African American teams this year?

Yeah the cast is quite white male this season.

Love Jaymes now :hearts: That edit is setting Ryan up for a fall :o To break the record they have to win almost every single remaining leg. :rolleyes:

Twins and Chippendales are making the series, other teams are rather boring.
Also did you know those two guys who came last were goat farmers, they hardly ever mention it :o

Vincey!
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah the cast is quite white male this season.

Love Jaymes now :hearts: That edit is setting Ryan up for a fall :o To break the record they have to win almost every single remaining leg. :rolleyes:

Twins and Chippendales are making the series, other teams are rather boring.
Also did you know those two guys who came last were goat farmers, they hardly ever mention it :o

You're being sarcastic right? loll

This episode wasn't so bad, better than the last one, but yes they Twinies and the Chippendales make the show. I like the texan too but only cuz they seem so naive and cute lol.

edificio
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM
This was a much better episode, even though I missed the first fifteen minutes. The twins and the Chippendales can be annoying, but I think they are a lot of fun, lively, and really into the race. They make the show. James and Abba made me care about them for the first time when the musician one (I think) got so emotional to Phil. The Chip guys, also felt for them doubling hauling all that bamboo in that heat. That particular task was classic TAR, and I'm amazed no Bangladeshi were taken out by bamboo swipes. The jute bag factory was also interesting to see.

I still don't like the monster truck guy, but he wasn't as awful as usual. Glad it was an NEL for the goat boys.

KournikovaFan91
Oct 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM
You're being sarcastic right? loll

Yes, of course :angel:

Blu€
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:54 PM
OMG that last episode was so .....................NOT EXCITING! :bigcry::crazy:
Those queens are delaying the inevitable...
I don't like any team :sad: that Texas girl is always going on about her boyfriend's muscles, it's like the thing she's most proud of, so sad. I can picture her going to church every Sunday and attending Bible reading classes.

Valanga
Oct 31st, 2012, 03:55 PM
They deserve another chance tbf.
And Jaymes and James :hehehe: James is so hawt.

My God, HOW ANNOYING ARE THE TWINS? :sobbing:

Vincey!
Nov 5th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Finally Monster trucks are gone!! That was a good episode, they clearly gave a rest to the team this time lol. The bath challenge seems funny, they sure got touched all over themselves!! lol That was hilarious when they were throwing water on them. the guy even like opened James trouser to pour water down there as well a couple of times lol. I don't know what I would have done with the money tbh....I think I would have kept it too, specially if I thought it was to Abi and Ryan lol...overall it was a funny episode and if the twins or the chippendales are going before the finals, this season is going to be soo boring!

Valanga
Nov 5th, 2012, 05:27 AM
The chippendales will be around for a bit longer I think.

Super Dave
Nov 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Weird road block - eating ice cream? But they even effed that up.

I'm fine with the demolition of the monster truckers. Guy was kind of a douche and annoyed me more each week.

Morning Morgan
Nov 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Surprised no one is outraged by the stealing

Super Dave
Nov 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM

Well, I wouldn't have done it; I'm too nice :lol: But who knows when there is a million dollars at stake. Surprised it isn't "against the rules" or something.

Vincey!
Nov 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM

Well, I wouldn't have done it; I'm too nice :lol: But who knows when there is a million dollars at stake. Surprised it isn't "against the rules" or something.

Well they didn't really steal it.. they found it on the ground. If they thought it was to Abi and Ryan which they seemed to think so, I totally understand their move lol. I was worried that it was against the rules too, guess it wasn't lol. I would have probably asked the people who are there if it was theirs but if not, I would have kept it I think lol. It's a game for 1 million dollar, with a chance to eliminate a good team. At this stage it's anybody's game, one bad day and you're gone. I'm surprised how easily they found enough money to continue tho, bangladesh is quite poor.

smarties
Nov 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Just can't stand those sisters...

Blu€
Nov 5th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Weird road block - eating ice cream? But they even effed that up.

:haha: that was hilariously pathetic, though it was a speedbump. I still remember that time, they had to sit down for five minutes or something of the sort :o:tape:

Better leg this week, though I don't really care who wins or loses. I felt a bit bad for the woman in the monster trucks team, she seemed nice and normal :lol: the man reminded me of the baddy in "Saw" :lol:

KournikovaFan91
Nov 6th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah in Latvia or somewhere they had to sit for a few mins in a sauna :haha:

I really want Chippendale to win win but they won't :sobbing:

edificio
Nov 6th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I did love the twins energy, but they lost me when they didn't even bother to run after the lawyer/rockstar guys to see if it was their money. It isn't really yours to keep if you have an idea whose money it is. So that was bad and turned me off them. I thought they would get penalized, expecting there to be something in the AR rulebook, but I guess not. However, getting the Texas shorts dude and his girfriend to split the money and accept a portion of the guilt was sheer criminal genius. :haha:

Guess I'll have to hope the Chippendales or James/Abbe (I think I have their names right) win, definitely not that ass who thinks he's smarter than everyone and won the chance to win $2 million. He's awful. Bye bye monster-truck driver! Didn't like you at all; don't know about his wife because she barely spoke.

There was a road block in Australia that required the runners to eat a meat pie. Ridiculous. BUT I'd rather have ice cream, twice even, if I'm that stupid. :)

edificio
Nov 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM

Saving it up for the election results probably. :lol:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 6th, 2012, 03:24 AM

It's a game, every advantage is a gained advantage. Personally, I don't think the rockers actually begged for the money on the streets of Bangladesh. I think they got some people to give them money by paying them. No one is going to hand money to Americans in a third world country like Bangladesh.

Drake1980
Nov 6th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Am I the only one that actually likes team twinny :lol:

Hapsara
Nov 6th, 2012, 06:00 AM
That bummer, I like Kelly

I want twinny and chippendales on big 3 :p

Freakan
Nov 6th, 2012, 06:38 AM

Twinny twinny! :D I really like them and chippendales :)

Valanga
Nov 7th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Naughty twins :spit:

So many teams are in dip shit next week :eek: But I expect it to be another NEL :lol:

James/Jaymes and Ryan(but he's a douche) are so hot.

Imperfect Angel
Nov 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Chippendale :drool:

Valanga
Nov 7th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah in Latvia or somewhere they had to sit for a few mins in a sauna :haha:

I really want Chippendale to win win but they won't :sobbing:

Estonia. And yeah that was lame.

It's a game, every advantage is a gained advantage. Personally, I don't think the rockers actually begged for the money on the streets of Bangladesh. I think they got some people to give them money by paying them. No one is going to hand money to Americans in a third world country like Bangladesh.

I am not sure but is that possible that some CBS crews paid the women to give them the $?
It's quite a task asking for 100 USD in Bangladesh

smarties
Nov 7th, 2012, 12:48 PM

They put a lot of energy and fire in the game but they are obnoxious. But I have to agree that this season would be even more of a dud without them...

Morning Morgan
Nov 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I watch the race mainly for the places/culture. So my viewing experience is never decided by what drama the teams are cooking up. Try it, makes you enjoy the show more.

Just Do It
Nov 12th, 2012, 07:10 PM
7th episode was so dramatic, first of all, Moscow looks AMAZING. I am surprised how no team said anything about the city? 2nd thing, chippendale in speedo :sobbing:
Hopefully rockers will somehow find their passports.

Vincey!
Nov 12th, 2012, 07:24 PM
well I think the to be continued was quite annoying. That was a good episode tho, Happy twinies didn't use their express pass, that would have been kinda silly knowing 2 teams were way behind already. I found it interesting that Abi and Ryan decided to race with the goat farmer...not really like that I would say. They were even waiting for them to finish their task...we'll see, but clearly they know they can beat them on foot I guess lol, but that's a huge gamble.

Just Do It
Nov 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
well I think the to be continued was quite annoying. That was a good episode tho, Happy twinies didn't use their express pass, that would have been kinda silly knowing 2 teams were way behind already. I found it interesting that Abi and Ryan decided to race with the goat farmer...not really like that I would say. They were even waiting for them to finish their task...we'll see, but clearly they know they can beat them on foot I guess lol, but that's a huge gamble.

I got a feeling they decided to step together on the finish point? Not sure what's the point of racing together when there are only 2 teams left but we will see in the next episode what will happen.

delicatecutter
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM
This is the first episode I've watched since the premiere and it wasn't half bad. I hate TBC episodes though. :o

Other than the Chippendales I don't find any of the teams especially likeable. I love Russia of course and that synchronized swimming judge was giving me diva fierceness. :inlove:

Freakan
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Finally some difficult tasks!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 13th, 2012, 12:36 AM

:wavey: me 2!

Cineast
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Since I can speak Russian, I would have found the alphabetization task easy. To be honest, though, since there are enough letters in the Cyrillic alphabet that look somewhat similar to Latin letters, I was a bit surprised more teams didn't go for it. (Then again, Abby/Ryan and the goat farmers couldn't since the library was already closed.) If they had been someplace with a completely different-looking alphabet like Georgia, Armenia, or Korea, I could understand.

Also, aren't the two bridges and the library all surprisingly close together? I seem to recall metro station for the library being the last one before Red Square, and the bridges are all just south of Red Square and the Kremlin. I couldn't figure out where in Moscow the sculpture park is.

Valanga
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Weird episode. Once again I really think the judge gave in after teams had made several tries (you can tell the teams didn't do it totally well and still got through), just like the dance move task earlier this season or last. And WTF James and Abba - choosing Swimming over library; leaving ALL your stuff in the taxi and getting mugged? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. The edit of Ryan confused me - he could be a villain but a good guy all of a sudden.

James and Jaymes were stellar in this episode. I start liking them more and more

Blu€
Nov 14th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Episodes in Russia are always worthy :D , those ABBA guys are useless, losing their money, getting injured, losing their passports and bags... giving up on the library task, really? I mean if one of the dumbest teams like Tray & Lexi did it, it couldn't have been that difficult, cyrilic alphabet isn't that difficult once you read it a couple times.

Of course they will be lucky enough to find the passports, too much air time lately, with all the cancer drama. I hope I'm wrong.

Swimming task was fun :)

mckyle.
Nov 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM
This last episode was really depressing :o

Hapsara
Nov 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
It's between those rockstars and goat farmer who'll be out next week

I predict there will be synchronized swimming task in Russia and I'm correct :cheer:

Cineast
Nov 19th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Of course they will be lucky enough to find the passports, too much air time lately, with all the cancer drama. I hope I'm wrong.

Well, you were wrong. :)

This episode was a relatively boring procession, but that's not really the producers' fault. There wasn't much they could do about it. I did notice however that there was nothing mentioned about what time each team was leaving from the starting point, which makes me wonder how long each team was at the pit stop.

Oh, and the twins' wardrobe malfunction. :lol:

Super Dave
Nov 19th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Lexi is really growing on me :hearts:

Vincey!
Nov 19th, 2012, 02:28 PM
again the twins made it really funny lol. on purpose or not, those girls are the funniest ones they got on the show I think. I was a bit skeptical about the time not showed too, I guess it was because there was a huge gap between the time they were departing that it was going to be too obvious who was going to be last. The time zone challenge fail by so many team was hilarious! The "teacher" there seemed so nice tho but he had to play it hard lol

Blu€
Nov 19th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Well, you were wrong. :)

Yay!

But agree, boring as hell episode, tasks weren't too bad but they didn't even leave the city and there wasn't much room for improvement. Those fails at the roadblock :help: I guess they aren't used to those time zones but I mean everyone knows 0 starts in Greenwich right? :lol:

Cineast
Nov 20th, 2012, 02:49 AM
They didn't say GMT; they said UTC. As a long-time short-wave radio listener from back in the days when international broadcasters were on shortwave, I know UTC, but I'm not surprised average people don't.

There have been any number of non-elimination/two-episode legs where teams get to the pit-stop and Phil tells the teams to keep racing; such legs generally don't involve teams going all that far. But such legs tend to be a procession, as I mentioned above. I'm reminded of a season or two ago in Belgium.

Morning Morgan
Nov 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM
It was basically a clash of rules: not allowed to check in without passports vs. can't eliminate anyone at a NEL. Now we know the latter takes precedence.

Cineast
Nov 20th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I'd guess that's only because the leg was going to be entirely within Moscow, and James and Abba weren't going to have to produce their passports.

Valanga
Nov 20th, 2012, 03:16 PM
That was actually a FUN episode even though the result was NID. James and Jaymes in uniform + changing :inlove: Dumb Ryan doing the SAME thing for 20 times till he realised he did it wrong :tape: and twinny's wardrobe malfunction :haha:

Fun thing's coming up next week as well :haha:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 20th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I would love for one of these last place races to the finish instead of the usual "let's enjoy it while it lasted". I want drama!

Just Do It
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:07 AM
Dull episode. I think rockers should have been eliminated in the previous leg, like this the outcome of the episode was NID. I hope all teams will be on the same flight in the next episode so we get to see some drama.

Valanga
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Oii. This episode was piss poor. The tasks :o This season can arguably be the worst for the last 10 seasons

KournikovaFan91
Nov 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Chippendales are my team now 100%.

WTF was with that Goat farmer wanting to help Abby and Ryan :confused: They have had so many lucky breaks in this game surely next week is their week to go.

Hapsara
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Poor Abby and Ryan, they gave it all

FF task, those twins sure can eat :yeah:

Funny at the pit stop when they told they got $5000 "all the clothes we can buy" :lol:

Lexi reminds me of Clijsters a bit

Vincey!
Nov 27th, 2012, 03:11 AM
I'm glad the Twins came on top, they did a pretty big move to get those tickets. I didn't really understand the fuss with the travel agents with her not wanting to book them that connection :o in one hour you have more than enough time to catch your next flight when you don't have to go through the border patrol. The 3 teams sure played it really well, using the Uturn the best possible way. I get why the Chippendales were hesitant with it, but at the end of the day, you want to be the one winning and it was the perfect time to eliminate the strongest team in tasks. We all know that whoever will make the final 3, they will pretty much all start at the same time at some points, so you want to be with the weakest possible teams. The goat farmer dilemma with Abi and Ryan was also pretty weird, I mean it's not time to "be nice" at this time of the race, you're fighting for the top 4 you need to take advantage of every opportunities that you have. Abi and Ryan did the wrong thing wanting to race with them again. Who knows what could have happened if they had raced on their own, maybe they would have been way ahead of them and have time to do both task before them. It's utterly stupid to race together when you're the last two teams at this stage of the race. They played hard throughout the race but they really lost it because of themselves more than because of the Uturn.

tucker1989
Nov 27th, 2012, 03:55 AM
I love this season, love the top 3 teams right now, for me the definitely better than seasons 20 and 19. I'd be happy with any of the current top 3 winning.

Morning Morgan
Nov 27th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Just glad that big baby Ryan is out, couldn't stand him anymore. But I bet he's gonna make a huge fuss at the finish mat.

Just Do It
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Again easy tasks, wish they would have more physically demanding tasks :(
Chippendales going shirtless to collect money and all Amsterdam gay men approaching them :sobbing:

Valanga
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:15 AM
James and Jaymes are so HAWT.

KournikovaFan91
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Just glad that big baby Ryan is out, couldn't stand him anymore. But I bet he's gonna make a huge fuss at the finish mat.

Yeah like the bitter lesbian years ago :o

Archaeo
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Tennis task in Mallorca next leg. :D It's almost definitely going to be a non-elimination leg, though.

Cineast
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Will they get to waste as much time as Nadal?

Blu€
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Bull fighting task :no: are they going to have to dance "sevillanas" and eat paella too? :facepalm::sobbing:
I wasn't a fan of Abi & Ryan though I didn't dislike them, it would be more interesting with them around but it was smart of the other teams to get them out.
I just hope the Texas couple doesn't win, they really annoy me.

edificio
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Lexi reminds me of Clijsters a bit

Sometimes she did to me, too.

As for this episode. Brilliant move by the top three teams to get out Abby and Ryan. The double-U-turn. Excellent. :lol:

This episode made me yell at the t.v. at Abby/Ryan/Goat Farmers. Are you here to win or to make friends? Fuck that noise. Seriously, the bottom two teams teaming up rather than going outright to defeat the other team tells me you shouldn't even be on a show that is a competition. Ugh! Hated that. Also, Ryan seemed to think they were entitled to win the $2 million. :rolleyes: So glad he's gone, as well as his claims to be smarter than all the rest.

That said, the goat farmers have had incredible luck in managing to survive this long. If they suddenly turn it on and manage to win the whole thing, I will just laugh laugh laugh. More realistically, though, I see Jaymes and James winning or perhaps Lexi and her partner (I can't remember his name right now).

edificio
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM

:lol:

Just Do It
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Goat farmers my ass :lol: I bet those guys never touched a goat in their life.

Tennisfan06
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:06 PM
This was the most genius U-turning I remember from TAR. I was a bit sad about James/Jaymes because they clearly felt bad for using the U-turn, but it was a wise move.
Lexi was so annoying when she was collecting money, I could have given her the money just to shut her mouth up and get rid of her :lol:

The farmers need to go next, they have never finish in top 3 in any leg :o

Super Dave
Nov 29th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I'm fine with whoever wins out of who's left, except the goatfuckersfarmers. Though Lexi's bf is a bit of a thickhead. So probably the Chippendales, then the twinnies, then Lexi and dumbjock, then the goat f'ers.

KournikovaFan91
Nov 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I agree Trey and Lexi seem a bit dumb but I give them props since its their first time leaving the USA I think and they've handled all the foreign stuff quite well.

Super Dave
Nov 29th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I agree Trey and Lexi seem a bit dumb but I give them props since its their first time leaving the USA I think and they've handled all the foreign stuff quite well.

Yes; they're still likable.

Valanga
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

Valanga
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM

:sobbing: :spit:

KournikovaFan91
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:34 PM

Yeah I think they mentioned that in the first episode.

Super Dave
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah I think they mentioned that in the first episode.

It's true; I read their bios recently.

Vincey!
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM

Why are you so shocked about that? lol

Cineast
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:13 PM
The 48 contiguous states (not counting Alaska and Hawaii) are roughly the same amount of land area as Europe west of Russia, so it's not too terribly surprising that there are a lot of Americans who have never been outside the country.

KournikovaFan91
Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:39 PM
Not such an interesting last episode another NEL. :o
Look to be some drams next week though.

Still rooting for Team Chippendale

Super Dave
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
The 48 contiguous states (not counting Alaska and Hawaii) are roughly the same amount of land area as Europe west of Russia, so it's not too terribly surprising that there are a lot of Americans who have never been outside the country.

I've always lived in the US, but I've spent a lot of time in Canada. However, I've only been out of North America for one week of my life :tears:

Not such an interesting last episode another NEL. :o
Look to be some drams next week though.

Still rooting for Team Chippendale

Agree. Next week finale already?

Morning Morgan
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:35 PM
There are always three NEL. Of course one should expect that.

Valanga
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
NID NEL. I thought that would be a double-leg though.

And according to wiki there will be two episodes broadcast altogether :unsure:

What a weird season after all - a season WITHOUT going to SA and Africa? :o

Drake1980
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Loving the final 4 :hearts:

edificio
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
The twins really screwed themselves with the lousy driving and picking the wrong task, but they got a little goat-farmer-style luck with the NEL. :haha:
I still expect the Chippies to win or perhaps Trey and Lexie, but I hope she didn't get injured again as the promo suggested.

At least I don't hate any of the final four. That's new. Some years I didn't even watch the finale because I hated the final teams.

NID NEL. I thought that would be a double-leg though.

And according to wiki there will be two episodes broadcast altogether :unsure:

What a weird season after all - a season WITHOUT going to SA and Africa? :o

Yes, it is a two-episode finale next week.

You know in the opening collage of countries, I could swear it is a clip of Kenya or Tanzania, but...maybe CBS just liked that video clip. It is weird.

Freakan
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:17 AM
The most likeable Top 4 in years :yeah:
Goat farmer's sex noises while playing tennis were horrible :hysteric:

Super Dave
Dec 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM
The most likeable Top 4 in years :yeah:
Goat farmer's sex noises while playing tennis were horrible :hysteric:

I can't believe they run any kind of farm. They look as strong as a paper bag full of wet noodles. :unsure:

edificio
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Goat farmer's backhand (single-handed) was better than his forehand, but people were so useless on the tennis court. Made me laugh so hard.

Tennisfan06
Dec 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Thank god it was a NEL, I like the tweenies, they are so funny at times :lol:
Josh's grunt :hysteric: Well, I don't mind them being in top 4 but I hope they don't win it all.
I really want James/Jaymes to win :hearts:

moodin0931
Dec 7th, 2012, 10:38 PM
would it be possible to make an Amazing Race game on the forum? :scratch:

Hurley
Dec 10th, 2012, 01:55 AM
What. Just. Happened.

mckyle.
Dec 10th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Y'all I'm DISGUSTED. The fucking goat queens. Ugh. Total fluke.

mckyle.
Dec 10th, 2012, 01:57 AM
That last challenge was a freaking fluke. It was only a matter of who could guess the fastest.

Hurley
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Y'all I'm DISGUSTED. The fucking goat queens. Ugh. Total fluke.

Yeah it's disgusting how a smart guy used his intelligence and knowledge at the end. I hate when people do that. And I really like when bitter people call other people "queens."

mckyle.
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Yeah it's disgusting how a smart guy used his intelligence and knowledge at the end. I hate when people do that. And I really like when bitter people call other people "queens."

Get off your high horse PLEASE :lol:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:01 AM
The one team of the final 4 that I did not want to win wins :shout::shout: suxxxxxxx

Hurley
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Get off your high horse PLEASE :lol:

Get off your ignorant stupid mule first. :)

mckyle.
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:07 AM
The one team of the final 4 that I did not want to win wins :shout::shout: suxxxxxxx

I know, babe :sobbing: This is TRAGIC.

Cineast
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:09 AM
That last challenge was a freaking fluke. It was only a matter of who could guess the fastest.

I for one would have gotten four of the countries (PRC, Russia, France, Spain) right away, and I would have gotten the Netherlands fairly quickly. Trying to suss out the other three would have been a bit difficult.

And since the teams heard all these terms, they could have powered through it if they had a good memory.

Hurley
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Especially after being around a tennis board, you'd think exposure to other languages, including surnames, would help suss a large chunk of the answers out.

Knowledge got the Beekmans -- excuse me, the fucking queens, I forgot some tolerant genius renamed them -- far enough ahead, where, as he said, he was able to turn the remaining ones into a logic problem.

Brains = good.

Imperfect Angel
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:28 AM
so the Sri Lankan twins win?:speakles:

Cineast
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:53 AM
That would help with the flags, too. It's a good thing they didn't go to both Indonesia and Poland, though! :)

Cineast
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:54 AM
The twinnies came out of the roadblock ahead of the goat farmers, but went the wrong way toward the pit stop, and wound up getting eliminated. :(

Flavia P.
Dec 10th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Any pair that calls another one "evil gays" deserves to lose. Fuck the twins.

Happy for the Beekman Boys, they are fabulous :cheer:

Sund7101
Dec 10th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Awesome ending! I am so happy that the Goat Farmers won. I love to see the underdog win.

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 06:08 AM
I didn't really like them in the end, they were rather annoying. Boring final in my opinion. They deserved the spot in the final 3 lol. The twins were bitchy about it but I think you could see they were joking and they knew it too by the end. Good thing is that if they make another all star edition, I'm almost certain they'll bring back those twins lol

Super Dave
Dec 10th, 2012, 01:18 PM
http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/no/clap_disdain.gif&size=400x1000

tonythetiger
Dec 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Rats, I wanted the Chippendales to win. They were the most entertaining besides the twins. The gays were straight up annoying and boring.

Morning Morgan
Dec 10th, 2012, 09:18 PM
The final task is the best ever.

Freakan
Dec 10th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Can't believe the goatbangers won :o But it's funny how 50% of the finalists were gay :lol: And it was quite surprising that Ja(y)mes got his task fairly quickly, he always seemed rather dumb to me :tape:

Blu€
Dec 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Languages task :hearts: it was fun watching Lexi fail :p (not to mention the flag thingy crashing on her head moment :drool:) she would have made her boyfriend spend the million dollars on an engagement ring :o
Goat farmers really were lucky all throughout the race but I can't complain, they were nice, not really exciting but it was a great comeback.

KournikovaFan91
Dec 11th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Pissed :rolleyes: Over the years there have been so many other underdogs that I'd rather won. Brian and Ericka and Gary and Mallory spring to mind :tape:

Seeing Abby and Ryan made me sick. :o Had they been in the F3 they'd totally have been screwed for that task.

I am actually mad such a good season ended as one of the worst. :o So sad for Chippendales :sobbing: :sobbing:

Every final task ends up being some bullshit, once they hit US soil is a coin toss who wins. :rolleyes: Their lack of any competitiveness or drive all season infuriates me.

Tennisfan06
Dec 11th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I am so pissed. Worst winners I have seen in TAR history :o Week 5, they survived because of the NEL, week 6 beat only the stupid monster truckers, week 7 and 8 - they were like 12 hours behind the top teams and survived bacuase James/Abba were missing a passport. Week 9 they were saved by the top teams U-turn strategy. Week 10 they reached their first top 3 finish, then they barely beat the twins and then that fluke final. :mad: So that final leg was the first one since week 4 where they beat 2 teams :tape:

I wanted Jaymes/James to win so bad, but kinda figured it out they won't win because some weeks ago I saw that Jaymes created a website to get donations for his father who has a cancer. :sad:
I am praying for another All-stars season and they must be in it!

Just Do It
Dec 11th, 2012, 08:20 AM
I have to say I was shocked by Sri Lankan giants behaviour in France, they were so rude to goat farmers, literally insulting them and asking other teams to sabotage them just so they would go through, it was probably the lamest thing I saw on the race. In the end I felt bad for the farmers and I wanted them to win. It was NID that they would solve the flag/language task first, other teams have DUMB written all over their foreheads, especially James or Jaymes, not sure which one did the last task, both teams had no idea of UN logo :(

Valanga
Dec 11th, 2012, 08:32 AM
What a shit season.James and Jaymes :sobbing:

Valanga
Dec 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I think this season is probably the worst of 20 (excluding family version which i found useless to compare it with), even worse than all stars 1, which included some Silly Eliminations, doubles NELs and the worst winner.

No new countries visited, no visit to sa and Africa, lame tasks in several episodes...God. Bring in 22nd

Morning Morgan
Dec 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM
^^

Totally disagree, tasks could have been better, but I can easily think of a lot of worse seasons.

Valanga
Dec 11th, 2012, 03:12 PM
^^

Totally disagree, tasks could have been better, but I can easily think of a lot of worse seasons.

Do Elaborate

BTW, about S22:

In an interview with TV Guide, Keoghan revealed that the Double Your Money prize introduced in the previous season would not be included in season 22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_22

Freakan
Dec 11th, 2012, 05:46 PM
^^

Exactly. The tasks still suck and are way too easy but at least this time they had some teams that were fun to watch and lasted to the last legs.

KournikovaFan91
Dec 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Do Elaborate

BTW, about S22:

In an interview with TV Guide, Keoghan revealed that the Double Your Money prize introduced in the previous season would not be included in season 22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_22

As much as I dislike Ryan and Abby I think that kind of bonus would always make a team a massive U-turn target. Glad to see it go.

I really hope they come to Ireland next season :sad: I mean the one time they came here it was lame, I don't think there was even a detour. They should come to Dublin.

Super Dave
Dec 11th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I was rooting for the Chippendales in the end... Brent was so bitchy during the pizza challenge :rolleyes: At least the Texans didn't get down on each other so much. And the twinnies blasted each other but it was sisterly (funny) love. Brent just seemed like a dick quite a bit.

delicatecutter
Dec 11th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I'm so excited about one of the teams racing next season so I will be watching! :cheer: Well, at least until they lose anyway.

CanIGetAWhat
Dec 12th, 2012, 08:52 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42zqlHB2S1qglubz.gif

Yes, the underdogs won! :worship: The goat farmers may not have won any legs, but they won the most important leg. I love when underdogs overcome stronger competition to snatch the big win. :worship:

USA loves underdogs. :tape: