PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon.

Pages : [1] 2 3

SilverSlam
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:37 PM
New thread for her next tourney :)

(Sorry about the lame title, it can be changed when someone comes up with something better)

SilverSlam
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Also :eek:

I just realised, Maria hasn't played a single MM this year...

nelsondan
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:54 PM
What is the date you anticipate she will play the first round match?

Valkyre
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Ι think the title is quite catchy fun and awesome to be honest! Put a smile on my face!

Davai Masha!

Shivank17
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Get your 3rd Pan-pacific title Maria! :rocker2:

Shivank17
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Maria has actually won 4 titles in Tokyo. Her first(Japan open 03), then Japan Open 04, Pan Pacific 05 and her first title post comeback, 2009. Definitely a special city for Maria!

Angelpova
Sep 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Japan Open 2003:

http://i.imgur.com/lQZer.jpg

Japan Open 2004:

http://i.imgur.com/sEQBN.jpg

Pan Pacific 2005:

http://i.imgur.com/wOXhh.jpg

Pan Pacific 2009:

http://i.imgur.com/ybat6.jpg

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

jameshazza
Sep 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM
:cheer:
Let's do this Maria. Tokyo will likely have a somewhat depleted field, well Vika and Serena won't be here anyway so hopefully she can add a title here.

Shivank17
Sep 12th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Vika pulled out too ? :scratch:

Cosmic Voices
Sep 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/cosmicvoices/ms.png

:oh:

JamieOwen3
Sep 12th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Good luck Maria :)

Rerun
Sep 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I'm not ready yet to see here on cour playing

too much to erase from my memories :scared:

but of course I will support our princess :)

18majors
Sep 12th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Go get it Maria, no more losings.

jameshazza
Sep 12th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Vika pulled out too ? :scratch:

I think she's only scheduled to play Beijing. Her two P5's that she misses every year are Cinci and Tokyo iirc.

Craig.
Sep 12th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Let's win this Mash :cheer:

Stonerpova
Sep 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM
A non-clay title at the tail end of the year would really round out her season. Get it :cheer:

Craig.
Sep 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM
And Azarenka IS playing.

nelsondan
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM
What is the date you anticipate she will play the first round match?

Sorry I asked.

jameshazza
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Sorry I asked.

Most likely Sept. 25 or 26. ;)

Trih
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Already can't wait for Tokyo :hearts:
I just saw it starts the exact day I registered to TF one year ago :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I would love another title here beating Azarenka in the final :inlove:.

Get it Masha :cheer:.

T496
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I remember being SO pissed off that for her first tournament win since before the shoulder surgery she didn't even get a proper trophy, just that plate thing that was the same size as the disgrace of a runner up who retired before she was dismissed by GOATpova, this being GOATpova's only appearance of the year (maybe of 2009 AND 2010??).

swissmr
Sep 12th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Really hope she can get a title this fall :yeah: Preferably YEC, but I'm not fussy :lol:

Also, loving headbandPova in the OP :hearts:

claypova
Sep 13th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Excited :bounce: Maria usually does well in Tokyo I WANT A TITLE :cheer:

Lachy
Sep 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM
がんばって マリア!

Shivank17
Sep 13th, 2012, 01:42 PM
So Vika IS playing? Good I would like a Povarenka finals here, with Maria winning of course.

Angelpova
Sep 13th, 2012, 10:13 PM
So Vika IS playing?

Yes:
http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/en/player/

Maria Croft
Sep 14th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Would love for her to win this tournament again.

dsanders06
Sep 14th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Win this title, giving a beatdown to Radwanska and a win over Azarenka (don't care about the scoreline, ANY win over Vika on hardcourts will do!) and then withdraw from Bombjing please!

Lachy
Sep 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I will be in Tokyo when the final is on :oh: Hope Maria makes it!!!

killerqueen
Sep 15th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Japan Open 2003:

http://i.imgur.com/lQZer.jpg

[/IMG]

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

For a very brief moment, I thought BabyPova was Vika?! :eek::lol:

Shivank17
Sep 15th, 2012, 07:57 PM
^ Oh no, you didn't. :fiery:

:lol:

NashaP
Sep 15th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Ugh, after the US open, I just don't care about any other tournaments except for year end championship

TrollPova
Sep 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Ugh, after the US open, I just don't care about any other tournaments except for year end championship

Bet you'll change your mind once she starts playing =p

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 15th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Bet you'll change your mind once she starts playing =p

So fucking true :hysteric:.

shaktincredible
Sep 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM
MARIA WIN TOKYO BEIJING BACK TO BACK! YOU HEARD IT FIRST! :oh:

SilverSlam
Sep 17th, 2012, 02:05 PM
MARIA WIN TOKYO BEIJING BACK TO BACK! YOU HEARD IT FIRST! :oh:

I don't think she'll win/reach the final of Beijing.

I mean, it feels weird thinking about her playing there and winning.

Shivank17
Sep 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Maria will win Tokyo and YEC this year. :angel:

Stonerpova
Sep 17th, 2012, 10:48 PM
She'll probably reach the final or win Tokyo, bomb out at Beijing, and reach like the semis at the YEC :shrug:

Craig.
Sep 17th, 2012, 10:49 PM
She'll probably reach the final or win Tokyo, bomb out at Beijing, and reach like the semis at the YEC :shrug:

Not good enough. Totally happening though :lol:

Stonerpova
Sep 17th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Not good enough. Totally happening though :lol:

Yep. May I present our YE #1 Victoria Azarenka :o

dsanders06
Sep 17th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I don't know who we're all kidding anyway, we all know in our heart of hearts that yet again some weaponless scrub is going to pull off the Asian Vulture Double just like the last two years :lol: My money's on Errani.

Shafanovic.
Sep 18th, 2012, 12:58 AM
*subscribing*

Stonerpova
Sep 18th, 2012, 01:39 AM
I don't know who we're all kidding anyway, we all know in our heart of hearts that yet again some weaponless scrub is going to pull off the Asian Vulture Double just like the last two years :lol: My money's on Errani.

Beating Kerber in both finals :rolls:

Andy.
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Beating Kerber in both finals :rolls:
:hysteric:

Craig.
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:40 AM
As a semi-Kerber fan, I can't believe she keeps flopping to Errani. I know it's a match-up issue, but good Lord :o

Stonerpova
Sep 18th, 2012, 03:21 AM
As a semi-Kerber fan, I can't believe she keeps flopping to Errani. I know it's a match-up issue, but good Lord :o

IKR? It's not just Errani though, Kerber really struggles against anyone who makes her create pace. In the Eastbourne final all Paszek had to do was keep the ball in play and she won the point 80% of the time.

Shivank17
Sep 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM

This. So much. :tape: I mean plays so well and then loses to Errani :weirdo: that too in straight sets. :facepalm:

SilverSlam
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yes I refuse to support Kerber until she beats Errani. And by beat I mean BEAT. Losing to her TWICE at important slams is just too much. :fiery:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I really like Kerber but as of late she started to show signs of pusher like tennis strategy which in my opinion doesn't suit her at all. I was watching the Lisicki-Kerber match at Wimbledon last night and Kerber was playing beautiful aggressive tennis. It gets me thinking why has she changed her strategy now.

Lachy
Sep 18th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Kerber's game is so aesthetically unpleasing though :sobbing: Her forehand is so cringe worthy. I like her backhand though. And her serve :tape: :tape: i can't.

SilverSlam
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I think it's her personality that I like. I have to agree, her FH is :tape: her second serve is horrible and her celebrations after some points are a bit too much.

But eh, I kinda like some pusher/counterpuncher game styles, so she's okay.

jameshazza
Sep 18th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Kerber struggles against players with no weapons and players with too much weapons. She seems to just resort to getting the ball back no matter how short or slow it is in those matches. But this is her first season at the top, so she has time to learn her game still.

doomsday
Sep 18th, 2012, 06:32 PM

:lol::lol::lol: what the hell, either you're a fan or you not.

Craig.
Sep 18th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I actually think Kerber's forehand isn't that bad...some of the shots she hits on the run :worship:

Craig.
Sep 18th, 2012, 07:07 PM
:lol::lol::lol: what the hell, either you're a fan or you not.

Well, I like her a lot, but I wouldn't call myself a devoted fan.

jameshazza
Sep 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Well, I like her a lot, but I wouldn't call myself a devoted fan.

I get you, I like her a lot but stanning for Maria is a full time job.

Stonerpova
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM

THIS :rolls:

Craig.
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM

Pretty much :crying2:

doomsday
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:37 PM

:lol: Ok. I have to admit there is just no place for ANYONE.:lol:

dsanders06
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:38 PM
IKR? It's not just Errani though, Kerber really struggles against anyone who makes her create pace. In the Eastbourne final all Paszek had to do was keep the ball in play and she won the point 80% of the time.

Kerber struggles against players with no weapons and players with too much weapons. She seems to just resort to getting the ball back no matter how short or slow it is in those matches. But this is her first season at the top, so she has time to learn her game still.

Bingo. Kerber's groundstroke production is so shoddy that she can't be the aggressor in matches without collapsing into a pool of unforced errors - against hard-hitters, she can look amazing because she uses her great defensive skills and is able to just deflect their pace, especially on really quick surfaces where it's easier to absorb pace (e.g. quick indoors courts, or Cincinnati which is arguably the quickest outdoor hardcourt left) - but against a puffballer like Errani, on clay or a slow hardcourt like the US Open has been the last couple of years, it's always going to be hell for her. God help us if we ever have to witness her playing Niculescu :sobbing:

dsanders06
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:42 PM

THIS :rolls:

Pretty much :crying2:

And what would you guys do in the worst case scenario of Maria retiring tomorrow? *touches wood*

I'm prepared for all scenarios, I've already got Pavlyuchenkova lined up as a back-up (although I'm so close to putting her on probation, I don't stan for flops).

Craig.
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM
And what would you guys do in the worst case scenario of Maria retiring tomorrow? *touches wood*

I'm prepared for all scenarios, I've already got Pavlyuchenkova lined up as a back-up (although I'm so close to putting her on probation, I don't stan for flops).

Well, I've still got Venus/Serena (Bet you're happy :lol:). Then Kerber and Gorgeous who I've also liked for a while. And I'm officially on the Robson bandwagon.

But no one will EVER compare to Maria. EVER. I know it and feel it.

doomsday
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Well, I've still got Venus/Serena (Bet you're happy :lol:). Then Kerber and Gorgeous who I've also liked for a while. And I'm officially on the Robson bandwagon.

Geez, I have absolutely noone else but you guys prolly know this already:lol:

Craig.
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Well, tbh, if Robson and Kerber played tomorrow and lost, I wouldn't give a shit :lol: But I like them so I'd like to see them do well.

Hardcore stanning/emotional investment is solely reserved for The Queen.

doomsday
Sep 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Well, tbh, if Robson and Kerber played tomorrow and lost, I wouldn't give a shit :lol: But I like them so I'd like to see them do well.

Hardcore stanning/emotional investment is solely reserved for The Queen.

I'm sure of that.

jameshazza
Sep 18th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Not sure I could stan for anyone currently playing after Maria, Kerber the exception. I like loads of them but when it comes down to it they are just the opposition. :shrug:
I'd be too used to routing against them, albeit only when Maria was playing them.

I might be able to stan for a couple of players simultaneously after Maria retires in 2040.

Stonerpova
Sep 18th, 2012, 09:23 PM

I'd be sad, sure, and I definitely wouldn't follow tennis nearly as close, but there are other players that I love to watch. Ivanovic was neck and neck with Maria on my faves list at one point, but she doesn't have the fighting qualities I thought she did. I still love her and admire her for keeping at it, but Maria's my #1. I also really like Serena (who Maria will outlive tennis-wise most-likely), Kerber, and Pavs when she's not being a fucking scrub.

Yep I agree. I'm so glad I've been along for the rollercoaster these past four years. RG this year was so special to me, and I don't think another tennis moment will ever top that.

killerqueen
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:01 PM

It could be worse. You could have Ivanovic as your back-up. I dread the day that she may have to step up and be my one and only. :help:

Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this. I could have just picked Serena and be content with title after title, but for whatever reason, I chose Ana and now I'm stuck with her. :lol:

Stonerpova
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:31 PM
It could be worse. You could have Ivanovic as your back-up. I dread the day that she may have to step up and be my one and only. :help:

Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this. I could have just picked Serena and be content with title after title, but for whatever reason, I chose Ana and now I'm stuck with her. :lol:

I feel your pain :sobbing:

You can't help who you like though. I pity the tennis fans who just root for the best because they win.

Root
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:47 PM

It never really felt like a choice. More like I was among the poor souls picked to suffer for the Queen's misdemeanors. Really sometimes it feels like a punishment more than anything. :sobbing: But then you get moments like RG and it feels GREAT like it's all been worth it and you get to see pressed souls let loose. Until of course it's time for the next shitfest.

I suspect there will be a short sigh of relief when she retires. As much as I stan for Ludmilla, I don't see myself getting too emotionally involved the same way I do for Maria. I won't allow it. It would be too cruel.

SilverSlam
Sep 19th, 2012, 01:28 AM

:hysteric: yesssss this so much :sobbing:

Shafanovic.
Sep 19th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I think if Maria retires tomorrow I would actually stop watching tennis and stop playing tennis.

I used to like so many players, like JJ was a very close second but she's been flopping. Don't really like anyone other than Maria these days. I don't mind Kerber, Goerges, Safarova, Zheng, Wickmayer etc. But I wouldn't go out of my way to watch their match like I would with Maria.

nectar69
Sep 19th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Before Maria, Jennifer Capriati was my favorite. And then when Capriati had her injuries, is when Maria took over as my top favorite. But I always have plenty of others that I like and root for, but not like I do Maria. I liked Hingis, Harkleroad and Vaidisova until they all retired and now I like Azarenka (although not as much as I used to, since her and maria don't like seem to like each other), Wickmayer, Cibulkova, Pavs, Kirilenko, Goerges, Dokic (who is basically retired). But I don't like them like I do Maria. I had been thinking lately who would be the one I root for after Maria retires and I think I finally figured it out - Donna Vekic. She is from Croatia, 16, not too bad on the eyes. I have not actually seen her play, but it sounds like she might be the next big thing. She's 121 in the world and made it to her first WTA final last week, the youngest to do that in six years. My main favorite has to be a winner. I can't stand to lose.

doomsday
Sep 19th, 2012, 06:59 AM
I think if Maria retires tomorrow I would actually stop watching tennis and stop playing tennis.

I used to like so many players, like JJ was a very close second but she's been flopping. Don't really like anyone other than Maria these days. I don't mind Kerber, Goerges, Safarova, Zheng, Wickmayer etc. But I wouldn't go out of my way to watch their match like I would with Maria.

Stop playing :lol: I'm not sure I can do that, well, definitely not in a near future.
I won't stop watching tennis there are still players I like watching but yeah noone will ever give me the passion Maria gave me way back in 2005, all those long nights stressing for her matches :lol: :help:
I will watch tennis but I won't be emotionally involved like I'm with Maria.

doomsday
Sep 19th, 2012, 07:20 AM

:lol: I know what you mean.
But yeah agree with Griffin we don't really choose, with Maria it started in 2005 when I saw her match against Clijsters in USO semifinals, I was just choked how intense and fearless Maria was in this match, especially in the second set when she saved those match points it's too bad she lost the match but she won a fan that day :lol:
Then I went to sleep after the match it was really late in here, in France and I dreamt about Maria's match against Clijsters, those screams just didn't want to get out of my head it was so weird and she was so loud in my head :rolls::rolls: I really became a die hard fan that day.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 19th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I would never ever consider waking up at 4 AM in the morning to watch tennis ever again after Maria's gone :sobbing:. And I can't like any other player besides her so yeah after Maria's retirement lots of things are gonna change when it comes to my relationship with tennis.

Andy.
Sep 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
When Masha retires I will probs really cut down on my tennis watching. I only really watch events she is in anyway. I will never stop playing though.

SilverSlam
Sep 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM
When she retires, my new faves will be Ana (but she'll probably retire around the same time), Vera (she'll probably already be retired but whatever) and Caro.

So pretty much just Caro. I will consider changing my name to PusherPatrol then.

Kon.
Sep 19th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Speaking of Maria's retirement I can't imagine what an emotional moment that will be for me.
I mean, you should have seen me watching Roddick's last match and I'm not even a fan. :sobbing:

Andy.
Sep 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I concentrate too much on one player. I only ever really have a huge fave then maybe maybe one or two others that I dont mind haha.

denny5576
Sep 19th, 2012, 11:03 AM
You'll have enough time to change your opinion because Maria will not retire soon
:)

Andy.
Sep 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Yep thats what happened Mary was winding down as Masha was coming up so I had a little transiton haha

Craig.
Sep 19th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Oh and I like Petra too, but I'll be pressed AF if she ends up achieving more than Maria.

Marga.
Sep 19th, 2012, 01:24 PM
:wavey: I was sort of lurking in here hoping to get some news on her upcoming tournament in Japan cause I'm sort of new here, still getting the hang of things haha, and while browsing I was like "awwww" she really has some amazing wonderful following :) I kind of get you guys because I feel the same, can't imagine her retiring, I'd be devastated :sad: haha but I have a feeling she'll be around for many much more years so we can calm down :lol: Seen one of her interviews on CNN, no retiring anytime soon. :bounce: Btw, I was wondering if there's going to be any live streaming or something of her upcoming matches? or perhaps you guys know some Youtube link/account who'd upload vids? I live in Asia, Manila to be exact and even if Japan's a neighbor country I doubt that some cable or sports channel will televise Toray Open in here. :help:

Shivank17
Sep 19th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Welcome! :wavey:

You can watch tennis matches here, live: http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
Bookmark it!

Also, Aussiesharapova, Jamieowen3, PDWTennisVidz make video highlights of Masha. They are put on Maria's Videos thread as soon as they are available! :)

domon17th
Sep 19th, 2012, 01:38 PM
OMG what is this? :sobbing: It's not even off season yet and we're talking about the R word...

To be honest I'd also be less emotionally invested in tennis once Maria decides to hang up her racquet. I used to think that she's on par with Federer in my fandom, but no, I only wake up at ungodly hours to watch her (lost against Woz in USO 2010) and get fucking moody for the whole next day! :hysteric: No one will ever come close again :sad:

18majors
Sep 19th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Maria has some of the best fans and she knows it, we're all in it together.

domon17th
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Maria has some of the best fans and she knows it, we're all in it together.

Hope she gets the memo and win this title! It'll be really wrong if she finishes her best year to date with only 3 (red clay!!) titles.

shaktincredible
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
when Hingis was retired in 2002, i stop watching tennis until the bombshell result in wimbledon 2004.

a 17 years old girl winning wimbledon. then i started paying attention to her, and became fan since 2006 until now.

when Hingis cameback at 2007, i was kinda confused who i'll rooting for in her match against Sharapova. but then i realize Sharapova is my number one idol. Hingis came close at second.

and if Sharapova retired, i dont know what to do. she's such an inspiration for me. her fighting spirit, professionalism, determination, fashion sense, work hard.

this topic is kinda depressing anyway :hysteric:

MaruSharapova
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I haven't posted here in ages, but I saw the conversation you were having and I wanted to share my thoughts..

Just like most of you, my interest in tennis would pretty much go away if Maria were to retire haha I could never feel the same about any other player. Still, the thought that Maria is not only a player, but also a celebrity comforts me, because she'll never vanish from the surface of the earth like others and she'll end up on shows like the fashion police and stuff like that on E! anyway :lol: so we'll never have to miss her!

JamieOwen3
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:32 PM
god can the tournament start already :sobbing:

jameshazza
Sep 19th, 2012, 04:06 PM
god can the tournament start already :sobbing:

This. :sobbing:
When is the draw? Friday?

Trih
Sep 19th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Oh and I like Petra too, but I'll be pressed AF if she ends up achieving more than Maria.

I can quote this to quote everything else :lol: nobody will ever top Maria in my tennis faves, I wouldn't quit watching it after she retires because I really like the sport but it just couldn't be the same thing. :tears:

Trih
Sep 19th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Plus, I've been waiting for Tokyo since the end of USO, I'm bored to death, I don't want to do anything but watching tennis and I'm missing it. :hysteric:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 19th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Actually I'll be pressed as fuck if anyone from the generation suck ends up achieving more than Maria :sobbing:.

doomsday
Sep 19th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Actually I'll be pressed as fuck if anyone from the generation suck ends up achieving more than Maria :sobbing:.

Not gonna happen IMO, and it's not like Maria won't be there to stop them anyway :devil:
She needs to take care of Vika though and the sooner the better.:lol:

Stonerpova
Sep 19th, 2012, 08:56 PM

It's just Vika that would bother me. She's so vile.

Fighterpova
Sep 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Oh wow, haven't been much on TF lately, just realized this thread was made :lol:

I'm so excited for the tournament and the title here is winnable.

Also, who wants revenge for that Miami final that never happened??? :armed:

MM_1257
Sep 19th, 2012, 09:40 PM

Em, Vika could do it. And surpass her even..

NashaMasha
Sep 19th, 2012, 09:49 PM

She definitely won't win all 4 Slams and won't join this exclusive club of 10 players in history

Vika will be hardly winning Wimbledon or Roland Garros. Sooner or later a number of players will get used to her game style. She is not a player of Kuznetsova or Mauresmo level. She can't impose her game when playing vs more agressive players and is just waiting when they are getting tired to turn the tide of the match with her main weapon -consistency.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 19th, 2012, 10:02 PM

IKR :sobbing: Having her win more slams than Maria would get me soooo pissed :o

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 19th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Em, Vika could do it. And surpass her even..

Yeah but still she won't win a career slam hopefully :lol:. And hopefully Maria wins two-three more slams before she retires, cause if she finishes her career with four then year Vika might just pass her on slam count.

JoPova
Sep 20th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone! I haven't posted here in a while! I missed you all! I was really upset about Maria's loss to Vika at the USO. She fought so hard and really wanted to win, even though she had nothing left in the tank in that third set! So much respect for her. Amazing fight! She needs to win her next match against Vika though, otherwise the h2h will start looking ugly! :hysteric: By the way, the final was entertaining and all, but Serena played terribly! :help: Her fight in the end was so inspiring though! Deserving winner! :cheer:

I'm really excited for Tokyo! Maria needs to win a non-clay tournament this year! :hysteric: Tokyo would be perfect! I want Aga-Maria and Vika-Petra! :hearts:

Maria rocks
Sep 20th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Good luck Maria xxxx

Marga.
Sep 20th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Welcome! :wavey:

You can watch tennis matches here, live: http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
Bookmark it!

Also, Aussiesharapova, Jamieowen3, PDWTennisVidz make video highlights of Masha. They are put on Maria's Videos thread as soon as they are available! :)

Got it, Noted :) Thank you uber mucho! :hug: :hi5:

Angelpova
Sep 20th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Bookmark it!

Other links:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-4.html
http://atdhe.eu/tennis
http://www.sportwebz.com/
http://www.pktennis.fr/liens-streaming-tennis
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/tennis.html
http://myp2p.mu/index.php

dsanders06
Sep 20th, 2012, 09:59 PM

Serious question, how can you like Goerges yet hate Ivanovic? They're games are almost exactly the same (except Ivanovic's is the better version) :lol: :p

It never really felt like a choice. More like I was among the poor souls picked to suffer for the Queen's misdemeanors. Really sometimes it feels like a punishment more than anything. :sobbing: But then you get moments like RG and it feels GREAT like it's all been worth it and you get to see pressed souls let loose. Until of course it's time for the next shitfest.

I suspect there will be a short sigh of relief when she retires. As much as I stan for Ludmilla, I don't see myself getting too emotionally involved the same way I do for Maria. I won't allow it. It would be too cruel.

I think it's kind of hard to get REALLY emotionally-involved in a player's success if you don't feel they REALLY want it in the way Maria does (and they really show it). As much as I love(d) Petra and Pavs (and Kim), it's hard to really get super-invested in them purely because you know a win or loss doesn't mean as much to them as it does to people like Maria.

Craig.
Sep 20th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Serious question, how can you like Goerges yet hate Ivanovic? They're games are almost exactly the same (except Ivanovic's is the better version) :lol: :p

I think it's kind of hard to get REALLY emotionally-involved in a player's success if you don't feel they REALLY want it in the way Maria does (and they really show it). As much as I love(d) Petra and Pavs (and Kim), it's hard to really get super-invested in them purely because you know a win or loss doesn't mean as much to them as it does to people like Maria.

Cuz Ajde's annoying as fuck. Not to mention she sucks.

Slampova
Sep 20th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Tokyo thread :cheer:

Good look Maria get a fifth title in Tokyo :cheer:

Crux Squall
Sep 21st, 2012, 03:08 AM
when is the draw come out?

Marga.
Sep 21st, 2012, 04:11 AM
Other links:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-4.html
http://atdhe.eu/tennis
http://www.sportwebz.com/
http://www.pktennis.fr/liens-streaming-tennis
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/tennis.html
http://myp2p.mu/index.php

Awesome, thanks! :)

jameshazza
Sep 21st, 2012, 05:57 AM
Well R1 actually starts on Sunday so Maria will be playing Monday or Tuesday. I would imagine it would HAVE to be out later today then.

zigga
Sep 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM
I just can't wait for this tournament to start :sobbing: Haven't watched any tennis since USO.
Good luck Maria, win the title :rocker2:

Kon.
Sep 21st, 2012, 09:12 AM
[1]Azarenka v BYE
Paszek v Q
Cornet v Q
Zahlavova Strycova v [14]Vinci
[11]Ivanovic v Q
Q v U.Radwanska
Cirstea v (wc)Morita
BYE v [5]Kerber

[3]A.Randwanska v BYE
Wickmayer v Jankovic
(wc)Garcia v Petrova
Q v [15]Kanepi
[10]Wozniacki v BYE
Q v Makarova
Pavlyuchenkova v Scheepers
BYE v [7] Li

[6]Errani v BYE
Oprandi v Q
Goerges v Niculescu
(wc)Date-Krumm v [9]Bartoli
[13]Kirilenko v Peng
Halep v Suarez Navarro
Martic v Petkovic
BYE v [4]Kvitova

[8]Stosur v BYE
Shvedova v Schiavone
Zheng v King
Medina Garrigues v [12]Cibulkova
[16]Safarova v Pironkova
Hsieh v Zakopalova
Lisicki v Q
BYE v [2]Sharapova

JoPova
Sep 21st, 2012, 09:48 AM
What a draw! :help: her draw is full of dangerous and looming players! :o Lisicki again! How annoying! She's the only player out of the top 10 (at the moment) that beat Maria this year! She sucked at the Open, but I totally expect her to play one hell of a match against Maria! :o

humanabstract
Sep 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Pretty beatable draw. SF at least, Mashenka!

JoPova
Sep 21st, 2012, 10:23 AM
Pretty beatable draw. SF at least, Mashenka!

I don't like the draw! Cibulkova, Zakopalova, Lisicki, Safarova, Pironkova.. They are players who can suck big time, but when they step it up (which usually happens against Maria) they can be really tough to beat! :help:

Kon.
Sep 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
^In what part of the draw there are no players like that? :shrug: (I think you'll say Azarenka's part :oh:)
But seriously it's a big tournament, so this draw is really just fine.

Plus, Lisicki on grass>>Lisicki on hard.

JoPova
Sep 21st, 2012, 10:36 AM
(I think you'll say Azarenka's part :oh:)

:oh:

claypova
Sep 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
Erm, the draw is actually really good besides Lisicki :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 21st, 2012, 12:00 PM
The draw is actually decent :shrug: Lisicki is no good on hard courts :shrug: Maria should take care of her easily. We have Stosur there and Kvitova as her semifinal opponent. Not bad :yeah:.

Crux Squall
Sep 21st, 2012, 12:26 PM
Maria needs to play well to win

dsanders06
Sep 21st, 2012, 03:12 PM
If she can bring her US Open form, I feel really good about her chances actually. Really itching for another PovaRenka match; all Maria needs to do is stay calm and focussed and keep playing how she was in the 1st set of their USO match (she can let her stans take care of the hysterics/overdramatics :o ).

Lisicki is in HORRIBLE form, so I'm not even sure she'll get through her 1st match to play Maria anyway. And even if she does, as others have said, away from grass this shouldn't be too tough a match-up.

shaktincredible
Sep 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM
decent draw!! :sport:

not radwanska in her semifinal, i want revenge so bad!! :o

JoPova
Sep 21st, 2012, 06:00 PM
Lisicki is in HORRIBLE form, so I'm not even sure she'll get through her 1st match to play Maria anyway. And even if she does, as others have said, away from grass this shouldn't be too tough a match-up.

Lisicki was in horrible form even before Wimbledon! :hysteric: She always steps it up against Maria! Just look at their AO encounter this year (slow HC)! I'm not confident about it being an easy match! :hysteric:

lefty24
Sep 21st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Ugh I hate Lisicki. one of my least favorite players.

and I really hope Maria gets to play Aga soon. She needs some revenge.

JoPova
Sep 21st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Ugh I hate Lisicki. one of my least favorite players.

and I really hope Maria gets to play Aga soon. She needs some revenge.

:hi5: We Masha fans all want the same things for her and we seem to like and dislike the same players as well! :lol:

dsanders06
Sep 21st, 2012, 07:46 PM
Lisicki was in horrible form even before Wimbledon! :hysteric: She always steps it up against Maria! Just look at their AO encounter this year (slow HC)! I'm not confident about it being an easy match! :hysteric:

I don't think it's that she steps it up against Maria, it's just she steps it up on grass... she had gotten big wins at Wimbledon the past two times she played it before this year, after all. Whereas Lisicki doesn't really have a history of getting this type of big win on hardcourts at all.

I don't really think the Australian Open match was indication of anything really - even if Maria lost the first set, sets 2 and 3 were pretty routine.

NashaMasha
Sep 21st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Why are these draws always saving Vika from Petra?

Maria's draw is the toughest possible, whereas Azarenka's full of Qualifiers and potential/current punchbags..... Looks like Serena's draw at US Open

Stonerpova
Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:45 AM
Why are these draws always saving Vika from Petra?

Maria's draw is the toughest possible, whereas Azarenka's full of Qualifiers and potential/current punchbags..... Looks like Serena's draw at US Open

And it's still relatively winnable. If she loses to Azarenka again though I'll go on a bender.

Shafanovic.
Sep 22nd, 2012, 05:00 AM
I'm watching Maria's match against Petrova from the US Open because I downloaded it the other day. And the commentator was saying how it was offensive that Maria was screaming "COME ON" so much in that last few games of the match. I'm getting so pissed off that I stopped watching it :sobbing:

lefty24
Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
I'm watching Maria's match against Petrova from the US Open because I downloaded it the other day. And the commentator was saying how it was offensive that Maria was screaming "COME ON" so much in that last few games of the match. I'm getting so pissed off that I stopped watching it :sobbing:

Do you have a link to where you watched the match? I still never got to see the first two sets.

And personally, I fucking loved seeing Maria so pumped up. Of course when she doesn't get emotional on court, she's a cold robot bitch, but when she does show emotion, it's really obnoxious. :rolleyes:

swissmr
Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:37 PM

That was the Eurosport commentary right? :o They were being such dicks, even after she won they were like 'thanks to her competitive spirit...and maybe a bit of gamesmanship' :rolleyes: I agree, I loved seeing Maria so pumped.

jameshazza
Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
I have mixed feelings about these last few tournaments. I really want to see her play but I'm so looking forwards to 2013. :sobbing:

dsanders06
Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
Btw, Watson is the qualifier who plays Lisicki first round. And I honestly think Watson will win that to go through to play Maria .... not sure what to think of that if it happens, Watson's game is so limited that it SHOULD theoretically be easy, but as I've said before, that match at last year's US Open has left permanent scar tissue for me :sobbing:

Shivank17
Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
The draw :tape:

Craig.
Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
That was the Eurosport commentary right? :o They were being such dicks, even after she won they were like 'thanks to her competitive spirit...and maybe a bit of gamesmanship' :rolleyes: I agree, I loved seeing Maria so pumped.

Who were the commentators?

jameshazza
Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
She seems to be pretty upbeat about this tournament. And ES had replacements for USO as their usual were working for Sky.

swissmr
Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
Who were the commentators?

Not sure who they are, you can here them in these highlights though, with there comments getting more and more negative towards the end :rolleyes:

ABBBpahvAEA

shaktincredible
Sep 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
wondering which outfit Maria's gonna wear at this tournament..

please not the US open day dress, it bring me back the SF match against vika :facepalm:

i want the blue version of her olympics (her strong is beautiful campaign) , or US open night match will be fine

but preferably i want the new dress!

Trih
Sep 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
We'll probably see the night version of USO dress :p

Cosmic Voices
Sep 22nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
OMG the draw :sobbing:

BINE, Petrova, Bartoli + Petra not to mention...3 setter Watson :tape:
I'm hoping we get a vika vs caro match on the other side of the draw, I've been longing for that match up

Cosmic Voices
Sep 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Also Empress better get revenge on Aga...that's if she can defeat Wicky :oh:

JamieOwen3
Sep 22nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
chanda rubin is the woman commentator in that petrova match

Stonerpova
Sep 22nd, 2012, 06:35 PM
chanda rubin is the woman commentator in that petrova match

A lot of people on here love Rubin's commentary, but I personally can't stand it. I think she's so unbelievably dull.

heelsrule1988
Sep 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
For those in the U.S. like me: if you can access WatchESPN (http://www.watchespn.com/) and have Tennis Channel, then you're covered for all of Maria's potential matches next week! No need to go looking for streams! WatchESPN will take you through the quarterfinals, and Tennis Channel will show the semifinals and final. All coverage will be live, but obviously it'll be in the middle of the night... so if you need to watch the next day, no problem. WatchESPN will have a full replay up not too long after play for the day ends. As for the semifinals and final, hopefully you have a DVR to help you out there.

zigga
Sep 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
I don't mind the draw actually. Lisicki showed nothing of HC this year, Watson is nothing special. And then I don't mind draw getting a little tougher.
Win the title Maria :cheer:

Craig.
Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
I don't think her draw's all that bad. They are all players she SHOULD beat (whether she will is another story of course). What I'm more annoyed at is Azarenka's total fucking cakewalk, but that was to be expected I suppose.

Shafanovic.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:25 AM
Do you have a link to where you watched the match? I still never got to see the first two sets.

And personally, I fucking loved seeing Maria so pumped up. Of course when she doesn't get emotional on court, she's a cold robot bitch, but when she does show emotion, it's really obnoxious. :rolleyes:

I know right :sobbing:

I downloaded the match on t3nnis.tv :speakles:

Yeah those ones. Hate them :fiery:

denny5576
Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:14 AM
If she can bring her US Open form, I feel really good about her chances actually.

Maria should be in better form than the US Open form

Mrs. Dimitrova
Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:03 AM
Good luck Maria! :cheer:

TrollPova
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Yikes, really tough Second round match regardless of who the player is. Obviously Watson will be the easier opponent (that US Open match didn't happen), but I don't see Maria ever letting Lisicki beat her again.

Shafanovic.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Since you guys are like my family, I thought I should share my good news.

My dad's fiancé is pregnant! That means I'll have another little baby brother/sister. :D

Age gap is big though, almost 21 years by the time s/he is born which is weird because me and my dad is only 19 years and me and his fiancé is 10 :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:10 AM

My dad's fiancé is pregnant! That means I'll have another little baby brother/sister. :D

Age gap is big though, almost 21 years by the time s/he is born which is weird because me and my dad is only 19 years and me and his fiancé is 10 :lol:

Congrats :yeah: his fiancee? Why don't they get married?

Shafanovic.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
They got engaged like 2 months ago :lol:

She's applying for a marriage something something visa right now, I hope she gets it :)

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:18 AM
They got engaged like 2 months ago :lol:

She's applying for a marriage something something visa right now, I hope she gets it :)

You clearly support her which is good :yeah:

Tennisvampire
Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Hey guys, I'm back from my break from tennis, and am more than hungry for some quality show :drool: First to comment on that whole Maria retiring/new fave thing... While I really can't see anybody ever reaching the level of support and love I have for Maria, I can totally see Petra emerging as my new fave :rocker2: (I like her even now, but ofc not when she poses even a remote threat to Maria :lol:)

Second, I'm not even gonna comment on Vika's draw :rolleyes: Maria's on the other hand :tape: Not that tough, but again, basically every single player in her half can potentially pose a threat. I'm not saying all of them actually will, but I hate it that there is not like a single one that you can with certainty say: Oh, Maria will wipe the floor with her... Anyway, GL gurl. And please perform well :sobbing:

On the off note: JJ, please kick that Vulture's ass :hysteric:

jameshazza
Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM

Aww. :hug:

:cheer:

Shivank17
Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Congrats, Chris! :yeah: :hug:

Shafanovic.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys :)

MM_1257
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Oh, no, I do consider "Lisicki, I know how to play only against Sharapova" a real danger. Maria will always be pushed by her hard. No matter the surface. If in form Maria (no RustyPova :o) shows up, she should win, otherwise... We might be in trouble.

Kon.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Btw, I can't at the Lisicki only knows how to play well against Maria thing going on here since she beat her at Wimbledon. :lol:
She's a very good grasscourt player, people!

Like I'd said before, hc is quite different and given her current form she shouldn't be a thread. :shrug:

jameshazza
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Btw, I can't at the Lisicki only knows how to play well against Maria thing going on here since she beat her at Wimbledon. :lol:
She's a very good grasscourt player, people!

Like I'd said before, hc is quite different and given her current form she shouldn't be a thread. :shrug:

Yes but we would have expected the AO match to be relatively easy given Lisicki's normal form on HC. But then she comes out playing lights out. :o

Most girls only play their best against the top players though. So as a fan of one we just have to put up with it, even if it is frustrating.

Stonerpova
Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
I won't be able to take two losses to Lisicki in one season. I simply will not allow it.

Craig.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Maria playing Tuesday at the earliest.

JoPova
Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Oh, no, I do consider "Lisicki, I know how to play only against Sharapova" a real danger. Maria will always be pushed by her hard. No matter the surface. If in form Maria (no RustyPova :o) shows up, she should win, otherwise... We might be in trouble.

At least there's someone else who shares my anxiety for this upcoming* match! :hysteric:

*hopefully Watson will end up winning! :oh:

jameshazza
Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Maria playing Tuesday at the earliest.

All R2's are played on Tuesday, so she'll be playing consecutive days for her duration.

Shivank17
Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Wow, Sickfalsetto, the quote in your sig, I seriously can't. :tape:

MM_1257
Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Yes but we would have expected the AO match to be relatively easy given Lisicki's normal form on HC. But then she comes out playing lights out. :o

Most girls only play their best against the top players though. So as a fan of one we just have to put up with it, even if it is frustrating.

MTE! + There is something in Lisicki's game that bothers Maria. And some were saying before Wimby 2012 that Maria would beat relatively easily Lisicki since she was "injured"... It happened quite the contrary.

MM_1257
Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
WOW! Sickfalsetto, the siggy??? :eek: this forum (TF) is real madness in some threads... And yet noone acts against those posters? I am shocked.

Trih
Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Give up Maja, GM is anarchy. Don't worry about them or you'll turn up like I was after the Olympic Games: obsessed and broken by stupid people. :lol:

Charlatan
Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Wow, Sickfalsetto, the quote in your sig, I seriously can't. :tape:

WOW! Sickfalsetto, the siggy??? :eek: this forum (TF) is real madness in some threads... And yet noone acts against those posters? I am shocked.

I MEAN.....:lol:

18majors
Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
The key to Maria's game, as always, is her serves. We'll find out soon enough whether she serves freely and no yips.

jameshazza
Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Ugh. :o
Seriously acetoace is one of the most disgusting trolls on this board. 9/10 of all his posts are warning worthy, plus he was trolling in here for consecutive days at USO. How he hasn't even received a temporary ban yet is beyond me.

But whatever, very little I see on here shocks me anymore. I just have to laugh and wonder if people actually mean what they type.

Kitten63
Sep 23rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
Seriously acetoace is one of the most disgusting trolls on this board. 9/10 of all his posts are warning worthy, plus he was trolling in here for consecutive days at USO. How he hasn't even received a temporary ban yet is beyond me.

But whatever, very little I see on here shocks me anymore. I just have to laugh and wonder if people actually mean what they type.

I know :o

Angelpova
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Maria Sharapova expects tough competition at the Pan Pacific Open

World number two Maria Sharapova has acknowledged that there is a strong field at this year’s Pan Pacific Open and she will have to face some very tough competition. However, the Russian is confident to do well as she is running on top form this year.

Pan Pacific Open, which is one of the biggest events on the WTA Tour after the four Grand Slams, will begin on Monday on the hard courts in Tokyo, Japan. 19 of the top 20 players will feature at this event, which will offer total prize money of $2.17 million.

Sharapova will be hoping to reclaim her lost title, which she won here in 2005 and 09. Last year, she was forced to retire from her quarter-final match due to an injury.

Talking to the reporters on her arrival at the venue, Sharapova said, "To be back here... healthy and number two in the world, I am really looking forward to it. It is a tough event, so many of the top players are here."

The Russian beauty considers herself quite lucky after getting rid of the career threatening shoulder injury and being able to play at her best this year.

She added, "In careers and in life, many things sometimes come together. This year has been a tremendous year for me with so many experiences and things that I really wanted to achieve, especially when I was going through my injury."

Sharapova defeated Italy Sara Errani in this year’s French Open final to complete her career Grand Slam. She also captured silver medal at the London Olympics. The 25-year-old carried the Russian flag at the opening ceremony of the biggest sports event in the world.

The Russian number one came close to winning her second US Open title at the start of this month but lost to Belarusian star Victoria Azarenka in the semi-final.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Maria-Sharapova-expects-tough-competition-at-the-Pan-Pacific-Open-articolo6077.html

C. Drone
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:57 PM
I MEAN.....:lol:

the very same post got deleted by mods like 3 weeks ago after reporting. :scratch:

18majors
Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:44 PM
All R2's are played on Tuesday, so she'll be playing consecutive days for her duration.

It's a tough 2 weeks, Tokyo final is held on Saturday, September 29 and China open starts promptly the next week.

lefty24
Sep 24th, 2012, 12:07 AM
If we said anything like that about a Serena fan we would be banned in an instant.

Reptilia
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:55 AM
If we said anything like that about a Serena fan we would be banned in an instant.

That would be so RACIST!!!!!111 though

Andy.
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:17 AM

:haha::haha::haha:

lefty24
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:19 AM

Hahahaha. Epic. Has to be one of the funniest things I've read on here.

Crux Squall
Sep 24th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Maria will face watson in R2

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Maria needs to give that bitch a beatdown asap. I'm still furious about their USO encounter.

Crux Squall
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Centre Court

Starting at 11:00AM
Petra Martic vs Petra Kvitova(4)

Ayumi Morita(WC)vs Angelique Kerber(5)

Heather Watson(Q)vs Maria Sharapova (2)

Not before 5:00PM
Victoria Azarenka(1) vs Tamira Paszek

JamieOwen3
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Maria needs to give that bitch a beatdown asap. I'm still furious about their USO encounter.

Wash your mouth out :p

SilverSlam
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Yay no Lisicki!

Crux Squall
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:57 AM
The last match is a tough match. come on MAria

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/560491_524510877565164_1645476807_n.jpg

Abuttons
Sep 24th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Watson should be an easier job than Lisicki, however it would have been good for Maria to try to get some revenge........
Anyhow, all the best, Masha !

JoPova
Sep 24th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Lisicki lost.. she's such a fluke! :help:

Maria, I want a demolition job against Watson! :cheer: Not the three-set shitfest we went through at the USO last year! :hysteric:

Shivank17
Sep 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Ugh I wish Maria's was NB 5 PM match. :o Wont be able to watch.

What's Vika doing at NB 5 anyway? They want the stadium empty before 5PM it seems. :p

dsanders06
Sep 24th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Watson's a nice girl and all, but her game is so painfully scrubbish that I concur with the person who said this NEEDS to be a beatdown.

NashaMasha
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:11 PM
as for me there is no difference between Bine and Watson. Both try to play their best tennis vs Masha. It's something like GS Final for these girls

NashaMasha
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:13 PM

Serena losing to Sharapova at Wimbledon in 2004 was a pure racism , triumph of racists , AFAIC That's why Masha has more endorsements since then:)

And yes , WTA is always cheating with draws to foster White girl's successes on Slams:)

Advantage Me
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Heather can be a very dangerous opponent. I might be able to watch depending on how long the previous matches will take. Maria needs to start aggressive straightaway and be ahead all the time.

18majors
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:47 PM
as for me there is no difference between Bine and Watson. Both try to play their best tennis vs Masha. It's something like GS Final for these girls

Yes, they get to play CC when they play Maria and also big headlines when they beat Maria.

Chrissie-fan
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Maria is much better, but you can't take Heather lightly. She's beaten Lisicki which should give her a lot of confidence. And perhaps there is also a Laura Robson induced "if she can do it, so can I" effect that you often get when a country man/woman is doing well. Even so, I think Maria will win pretty comfortably. Not a beatdown, but something 6-3/6-3-ish.

jameshazza
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Won't be able to watch anything this week most likely. She better BRING IT. I cannot deal with two shitfests vs. Watson in a row.

Marga.
Sep 24th, 2012, 04:44 PM
OMG, I'm sooo excited for her match tomorrow :lol: Good luck Masha! :cheer:

Craig.
Sep 24th, 2012, 06:08 PM
No hot mess 3-setter please :cheer: Good luck girl.

JoPova
Sep 24th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I won't be able to watch tha match! I have class tomorrow morning! :o And the match may be even at an earlier hour than that, so I'll be sleeping! Hopefully the result will be in our favour! :cheer:

18majors
Sep 24th, 2012, 07:43 PM
The match will be around 2:00 AM New York time, good luck Maria!

Tennisvampire
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Can anyone bother to post when will it be played (approximately) CET time? I'm too lazy to do that :lol: Btw, Craigster, your name :hysteric:

18majors
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Can anyone bother to post when will it be played (approximately) CET time? I'm too lazy to do that :lol: Btw, Craigster, your name :hysteric:

8:00 AM CET, Tuesday, September 25.

Tennisvampire
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:59 PM
8:00 AM CET, Tuesday, September 25.

God, I hate Asian swing :hysteric: It has the worst time without a doubt for me :o Anyway, tnx for the info ;)

Craig.
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:15 PM

Isn't it amaze? :inlove:

Stonerpova
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Nooo Craig why? :sobbing:

Don't you know that all photos in which she has a mustache are just trolls using photoshop? :hysteric:

Tennisvampire
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Isn't it amaze? :inlove:

I have to admit, it is kind of funny :lol:

Craig.
Sep 24th, 2012, 11:55 PM

Don't you know that all photos in which she has a mustache are just trolls using photoshop? :hysteric:

Tbh, this is how it happened :lol: I logged onto TF and I remember thinking that I really needed a name change, that it was time. And I literally went with the first thing that came to mind: Mustachepova. :hysteric:

It's all in good fun! :)

dsanders06
Sep 25th, 2012, 12:08 AM

No, I think she actually really does sometimes have a slight trace of one :sobbing: ]

I remember it was really bad in the Rome final this year in particular. In the trophy ceremony there, it was one of the few times ever that I felt embarrassed by the Queen's appearance :o

Trih
Sep 25th, 2012, 12:25 AM
What the hell Craig :happy: http://gaming.ngi.it/images/ngismiles/rotfl.gif

MM_1257
Sep 25th, 2012, 12:52 AM
I'll change my name, too.

jameshazza
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I would change my name but I'm too iconic...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mao31fzX0v1r3ty02o1_500.gif

jk :oh:

Craig.
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Sure are, Ogi :oh:

dsanders06
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:32 AM
As long as no-one ever ressurrects "Armpitflabpova" which I swear was a username when I first joined here.... :o

jameshazza
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:34 AM
As long as no-one ever ressurrects "Armpitflabpova" which I swear was a username when I first joined here.... :o

Please Lord tell me you're trolling. :hysteric:

Craig.
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Shotgun next :oh:

Craig.
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:39 AM
It doesn't even feel like Maria's playing today.

dsanders06
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Please Lord tell me you're trolling. :hysteric:

I'm sure I remember it :lol: It was either here or Tennis Warehouse (where I posted for a bit before I found out this place existed).

It doesn't even feel like Maria's playing today.

Which reminds me....how many hours from now approx is she playing? I don't have a handle on Tokyo time ATALL. :lol:

perseus2006
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:48 AM
3 hrs 15 min

Craig.
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:57 AM
That's around 1AM for me. Stay up, go to bed, stay up, go to bed... Yeah, go to bed. Sorry Mash, this ain't a slam, and anything other than a routine beatdown would be a huge shocker to me (regardless of the USO fuckfest last year) :lol:

Stonerpova
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Tbh, this is how it happened :lol: I logged onto TF and I remember thinking that I really needed a name change, that it was time. And I literally went with the first thing that came to mind: Mustachepova. :hysteric:

It's all in good fun! :)

I know I know I'm just being delusional :lol:

Stonerpova
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:23 AM
No, I think she actually really does sometimes have a slight trace of one :sobbing: ]

I remember it was really bad in the Rome final this year in particular. In the trophy ceremony there, it was one of the few times ever that I felt embarrassed by the Queen's appearance :o

She does sometimes. Usually photoshop and/or makeup hides it but there have been some unfortunate instances (like that hot mess of a final you mentioned).

Craig.
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Nastya saves 2 (or 3?) SPs :inlove:

Stonerpova
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Nastya saves 2 (or 3?) SPs :inlove:

2. I'm totally shocked at the fact that ten games into this match and there have been no breaks.

PS Is there a stream anywhere?

Craig.
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Noooooo :sad:

Craig.
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:43 AM
What is Petra doing? :hysteric:

Stonerpova
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Pavs fighting, up 2-0 in the second :cheer:

atominside
Sep 25th, 2012, 04:24 AM
i'm looking for a mixing up of the serves on the ad side. She was predictable in her last match.

Tennisvampire
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Waking up to see that she is playing another three-setter with Watson :facepalm: I don't think I'm even gonna watch this :rolleyes:

TrollPova
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I don't know why I'm watching this crapfest. I guess my love for Maria is stronger than my hatred for shitty matches

Tennisvampire
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
I really tried watching a couple of games of this, but it's just too damn BAD. Maybe after these months of glorious tennis, Maria got us used to a new level, but this crap that I've seen in only two games... :rolleyes: I ain't watching this shit, it's too much stress for a relatively minor tournament :angel:

Andy.
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
MESS but a win is a win.

Trih
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Flawless victory.

:lol:

Guys, I need someone who saw Petra's match to tell me: WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? :sad:

claypova
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Maria was scary good :scared:

Tennisvampire
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:04 AM

Was that ironic, or did she actually play good tennis to climb from the grave she dug? :lol: I didn't watch the end, just couldn't. I knew she wasn't gonna let Watson win, but still what I saw of her game in the couple of games I watched was... :tape:

nectar69
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:05 AM
67 unforced errors, 14 DF's and yet she won. It was awful, she has no chance of winning this tournament playing like that. But, tomorrow's a new day. She plays Safarova, who had a walkover. Maria might be tired, this could be trouble. On the other hand, I'm not sure Maria could play much worse. I'm not sure I've seen her look so negative and frustrated during a match. Let's hope she can turn things around.

Trih
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:07 AM

troll level: 10\10 ?

She was so bad :lol: I'm glad she survived this, and she knows it herself, she said in the interview that this win does "give her the chances to go on court tomorrow and... play better." :p
67 UE :hysteric: but I wasn't so scared tbh (I could watch 2nd and 3rd set) I'm quite sure she needed to find her match pace, too much time without tournaments and this time of the season doesn't help.

JamieOwen3
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:08 AM
take your minds off this shitfest, move on and the next match is a clean slate. LOOK WHAT I FOUND :oh:

Maria Sharapova - "Is Her Last Name Jankovic?"

3NBXfER8HXw

perseus2006
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Wow! Rusty Pova. Just a bit of trouble keeping the ball inside the appropriate lines on both serve and groundies. But, what the hell, she gutted it out for the Win. 3 hrs and 10 min on court isn't going to be good for tournament success.

One could hope for a better performance next round...

Chrissie-fan
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:11 AM
So many errors from Maria, not only DF but also forehand errors. Heather played a great defensive match, but I don't think there was any reason for Maria to keep going for the lines once the match got close to the two hour mark. Heather was clearly tiring in my opinion and in contrast to the start of the match extending the rallys would have been to the benefit of Maria from that point onwards. Having said that, a win is a win and that's all that matters in the end.

C. Drone
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:16 AM
see, kids, this happens when you only eat Sugarpova for 2 weeks.

during oncourt coaching Hoggy said her something like "I know the shoulder feels tired". No surprise long season wears her down.

Cosmic Voices
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:16 AM
that video :haha:

this is the bitchiest most fabulous moment i've seen :inlove:
plus, i kinda knew the first match vs a counterpuncher like watson would be an absolute shitfest. I did call it!
But hopefully she can get to the semis at least! Petra's out and her pigeon Sam is in the quarters.

Kon.
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Holy shit, the stats. :hysteric:
Glad I didn't watch this.

Marga.
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
take your minds off this shitfest, move on and the next match is a clean slate. LOOK WHAT I FOUND :oh:

Maria Sharapova - "Is Her Last Name Jankovic?"

3NBXfER8HXw

:lol: love it! realest biatch in town

Cosmic Voices
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
btw guys, what outfit was masha wearing in tokyo?

btw that was her 50th win :oh:

claypova
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
btw guys, what outfit was masha wearing in tokyo?

btw that was her 50th win :oh:

The olympic outfit, except in blue and grey (looked horrible tbh)

JamieOwen3
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/vxe0b6.jpg

Abuttons
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Oh God, and I thought Watson would be an easier job than Lisicki.........
It looks like the two girls played sort of an horror match......good job that it's Maria who survived......