PDA

View Full Version : Gay US footballer says kiss got him booted from team

Sam L
Sep 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
A concussion kept Jamie Kuntz from suiting up for his first American college football game. A kiss from his much-older boyfriend at that game led the freshman linebacker to be kicked off the team, he says.
North Dakota State College of Sciences acknowledges Kuntz was disciplined by the team, but says it wasn't because he is gay. Football coach Chuck Parsons told Kuntz in a letter that he was removed from the team for lying about the kiss.

Kuntz, 18, and on a partial football scholarship, has left the college after his dismissal from the team. "Football didn't work out, so there was no reason to stay," says Kuntz, who lives with his mother across the state in Dickinson.
Advertisement
Kuntz said he and his 65-year-old boyfriend were in the press box at the game against Snow College. Kuntz was videotaping the game for the team. His Wildcats were down by more than 40 points when "the kiss just happened", he said.
"People around here aren't exposed to it," Kuntz said of homosexuality. "People expect gays to be flamboyant, not football players."
A teammate apparently saw the kiss and told coaches, Kuntz said. When Parsons confronted Kuntz on the bus ride back to North Dakota, Kuntz told him the man he kissed was his grandfather.
"I lied," Kuntz said.
Later, he felt guilty about lying and came clean to his coach.
In a September 3 dismissal letter obtained by The Associated Press, Parsons told Kuntz he was being ousted from the team under the "conduct deemed detrimental to the team" category outlined in guidelines in the team's player's manual. Parsons specifically noted the manual's section on "lying to coaches, teachers or other school staff".
"This decision was arrived at solely on the basis of your conduct during the football game; and because you chose not to be truthful with me when I confronted you about whom else was in the box with you," Parsons wrote. "Any conduct by any member of the program that would cause such a distraction during a game would warrant the same consequences."
Kuntz doesn't believe he was dismissed just for lying.
"I know if it was a girl in the press box, or even an older woman, nothing would have happened," he said. "If it was an older woman, I would have probably been congratulated for it from my teammates."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/gay-us-footballer-says-kiss-got-him-booted-from-team-20120912-25rhj.html

I'm all for older men but a 47 year gap? :eek:

The Witch-king
Sep 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Kuntz, though?

Dani12
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Uhhhh, 65? Love is blind? :scared:

Just Do It
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM
18 and 65? Get lost, please :facepalm:

V-MAC
Sep 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Sugar daddy:o

Mattographer
Sep 12th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Wow, just wow :o

Mikey.
Sep 12th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Awful. :o

Kuntz, though?

My thoughts exactly. :hysteric: What an unfortunate name.

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 12th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I can't believe people are focusing on the age gap rather than the blatant discrimination this guy has faced. Just wow. I hope he gets some sort of justice from this. Kicked off the team for lying about a kiss? WOW. What a fucked up world we live in :sobbing:.

Javi.
Sep 12th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I can't believe people are focusing on the age gap rather than the blatant discrimination this guy has faced. Just wow. I hope he gets some sort of justice from this. Kicked off the team for lying about a kiss? WOW. What a fucked up world we live in :sobbing:.

We can't ignore the fact that a 18 year old dating a 65 year old is weird. I don't care if it's a gay o straight relationship.
I mean, it's a shame for sure what this guy has faced but it's totally comprehensible that people are also shocked by the year gap.

But yeah, probably if his boyfriend were same age than him he would probably have been fired as well. :awww:

Super Dave
Sep 12th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Awful. :o

My thoughts exactly. :hysteric: What an unfortunate name.

http://bp3.blogger.com/__t6oFjHvLm0/R4zahXXkKeI/AAAAAAAAAgI/yFEMLCEkWB0/s320/rusty+kuntz.jpg

and there's always

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QqGZX--kLK4/TtecTskgRMI/AAAAAAAABPU/Rydre3ZQA7g/s1600/Pete_LaCock.jpg

Mynarco
Sep 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Kuntz as the surname? Bless him.

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Kuntz?:scratch:

wta_zuperfann
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
What's wrong with gay style May-December relationships? Are you people prejudiced??

KournikovaFan91
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:28 PM
What's wrong with gay style May-December relationships? Are you people prejudiced??

I think its the 45 years more than anything else, like I like older guys but 45 years is enormous.

moby
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:38 PM

Isn't 18 barely outside what would be considered as pedophilia? I think people would be uncomfortable, gay relationship or not.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM
What is this shit :scratch:? Is is even legal for him to date a 65 year old man :sobbing:.

KournikovaFan91
Sep 12th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Isn't 18 barely outside what would be considered as pedophilia? I think people would be uncomfortable, gay relationship or not.

Technically pedophilia is only about an attraction to pre-pubescent boys/girls. He his however barely legal in the US.

Just Do It
Sep 12th, 2012, 04:27 PM

Sorry, but if you see someone barely legal dating someone who is 65 you don't care is that person gay or str8. My reaction would be the same if it was a str8 couple. I can imagine society was shocked and disgusted to see a teenage boy kiss that grandpa in public (I would be) but expelling him from the team because of that is harsh.

Dav.
Sep 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM
It's completely legal for him to date a 65-year-old (however weird it may be). :shrug:

America has and will always be years behind in acceptance of civil rights. It's a bit rough to deal with, tbh.

Nicolás89
Sep 12th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Am I the only 1 who is not shocked about the relationship? I would be a damn big hypocrite if I reacted with prejudice.

WowWow
Sep 12th, 2012, 06:05 PM

This. It's unbelievable, especially coming from gay people who get judged the same way by the heteronormative part of the society.
Just because it's out of norm, doesn't give you the right to judge it the way you do.
The focus here should be on discrimination, not the age gap.

Nicolás89
Sep 12th, 2012, 06:18 PM
This. It's unbelievable, especially coming from gay people who get judged the same way by the heteronormative part of the society.
Just because it's out of norm, doesn't give you the right to judge it the way you do.
The focus here should be on discrimination, not the age gap.

Yep. And people hiding behind something as horrendus as pedophilia to validate their prejudices. :facepalm:

Novichok
Sep 12th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Am I the only 1 who is not shocked about the relationship? I would be a damn big hypocrite if I reacted with prejudice.

Well, a 47 year age difference is BIG.

dybbuk
Sep 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM
The age gap is completely irrelevant. :shrug: Yeah, it's weird to me too, but from a legal standpoint there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. He is right he most definitely would not have been kicked off the team if he was kissing a 65 year old woman. Blaming it on the "lie" is just an excuse to get rid of him.

Olórin
Sep 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM
The age gap is completely irrelevant. :shrug: Yeah, it's weird to me too, but from a legal standpoint there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. He is right he most definitely would not have been kicked off the team if he was kissing a 65 year old woman. Blaming it on the "lie" is just an excuse to get rid of him.
I don't know that the age gap it totally irrelevant but I was going to say the bolded. There's no way this isn't prejudice at work.

miffedmax
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Actually, I'm disturbed by BOTH aspects of this case. A person should not be thrown off a team for kissing anybody--especially when you consider how often heterosexual domestic assaults and even rape accusations are swept under the rug for athletes.

On the other hand--and yes, I am willing to consider that this MAY be an exception--the people I know of who have done a lot of dating with people old enough to be their parents or grandparents usually have some pretty serious psychological issues that they might should be working to resolve instead of dating geriatrics.

But nothing okays discrimination.

King Halep
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:27 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/__t6oFjHvLm0/R4zahXXkKeI/AAAAAAAAAgI/yFEMLCEkWB0/s320/rusty+kuntz.jpg

and there's always

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QqGZX--kLK4/TtecTskgRMI/AAAAAAAABPU/Rydre3ZQA7g/s1600/Pete_LaCock.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517khUunYBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.ginandtacos.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/pole.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/katsfm.com/files/2011/11/chubby-cox.jpg

debby
Sep 12th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Technically pedophilia is only about an attraction to pre-pubescent boys/girls. He his however barely legal in the US.

Well, a 47 year age difference is BIG.

Yup. Ephebophilia.

I don't know that the age gap it totally irrelevant but I was going to say the bolded. There's no way this isn't prejudice at work.

Actually, I'm disturbed by BOTH aspects of this case. A person should not be thrown off a team for kissing anybody--especially when you consider how often heterosexual domestic assaults and even rape accusations are swept under the rug for athletes.

On the other hand--and yes, I am willing to consider that this MAY be an exception--the people I know of who have done a lot of dating with people old enough to be their parents or grandparents usually have some pretty serious psychological issues that they might should be working to resolve instead of dating geriatrics.

100% agree.

Nicolás89
Sep 13th, 2012, 12:04 AM

On the other hand--and yes, I am willing to consider that this MAY be an exception --the people I know of who have done a lot of dating with people old enough to be their parents or grandparents usually have some pretty serious psychological issues that they might should be working to resolve instead of dating geriatrics.

I agree to an extent with this, I have to say though that all the (grand)daddy issues people talk when they see a couple like this one always got me thinking why can't it be the other way around? The old half having child issues(?)

Novichok
Sep 13th, 2012, 12:16 AM
I agree to an extent with this, I have to say though that all the (grand)daddy issues people talk when they see a couple like this one always got me thinking why can't it be the other way around? The old half having child issues(?)

Some people think that the older individual is "taking advantage of" the younger one. At least, I've heard that before.

Nicolás89
Sep 13th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Some people think that the older individual is "taking advantage of" the younger one. At least, I've heard that before.

Well yea many people think that, thay also think the young one is probably a gold digger.

I'm trying to give a more phycological perspective to the whole matter though.

wta_zuperfann
Sep 13th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Age of consent in North Dakota is 18. Therefore, no problem.

Helen Lawson
Sep 13th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Whether it's creepy or not depends on whether the 65-year old guy is a hot daddy or a yucky old man.

Anyone have a picture of the older guy, I can't find one.

spiceboy
Sep 13th, 2012, 03:19 PM
65 are the new 35 :D

miffedmax
Sep 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Well yea many people think that, thay also think the young one is probably a gold digger.

I'm trying to give a more phycological perspective to the whole matter though.

I do agree with you. I was more focused on the younger man because he is the victim of the injustice here.

Shafanovic.
Sep 15th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Kuntz :lol:

This is not right though :rolleyes:

HippityHop
Sep 15th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Do they still tear your ass up with a cane if you're convicted of some crimes in Malaysia? :unsure:

Cage
Sep 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
What a Kuntz of a situation.