PDA

View Full Version : X Factor vs The Voice rivalry - The Voice won round 1 TV ratings

Zhao
Sep 9th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Looking for friendly competition? Keep on moving!

The rivalry between The X Factor and The Voice is heating up after Simon Cowell blasted the NBC reality show for moving to Wednesday nights, the same timeslot as his Fox hit, telling TMZ that the two shows had a “gentlemen’s agreement” not to air on the same night. He also calls NBC out for now pitting Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera‘s fanbases against each other, saying, “Britney’s not going to appreciate the fact that Christina—who has been a bit of a rival—isn’t allowing Britney to have a night of her own.”

Of course, The Voice‘s executive producer Mark Burnett wasn’t going to take these insults lying down.

Burnett fired back at Cowell’s claims to TMZ, saying, “There was never ever a meeting or a discussion of what my show was up against. The fact is…it shows you where our minds are at and where others are because it literally never crossed my mind.”

He then added, “This is someone trying to read into something that doesn’t exist,” before delivering this jab: “I’m just glad we’re on Simon’s mind.” Consider the gauntlet thrown!

Still, it doesn’t end there as Cowell and new judge Demi Lovato talked with reporters today about the new reality TV feud, with Lovato saying “I think the whole situation is a little unfair” of NBC’s scheduling move.

“I’ve seen the first show and I think it’s sensational,” Cowell says of The X Factor‘s season two premiere. “The girls do a great job, the contestants are great, the show looks different to anything else we’ve ever made before. I think this is the reason why NBC decided to put The Voice against us; it’s a spoiling tactic. It’s very simple: They don’t want people to see this first episode. I think it’s mean-spirited and I hope and I pray that it backfires on them because this is one of the best shows we’ve ever made. I am pissed off about it…you have to rely that the viewers will make the right selection.”

Cowell also criticizes The Voice‘s decision to increase the numberof episodes aired each week, saying, “I think three nights in a row is too much. I think there’s a lot of interest rightly so in our show because of Britney, Demi, the way the show is going to look. We’re going to see what happens, but I’ve learned don’t make any predictions.” When asked what he thought of the comments Aguilera reportedly made that questioned what Spears’ could bring to the table as a judge, Cowell says, “Tell her to watch the show. She might learn something.” Ouch!

“Give me a break, like I don’t know when my show’s going out next week,” Cowell says of Burnett’s comment that he didn’t know The Voice would be going up against The X Factor. “Like I said, it’s tactical. It’s very important to get this message out: they don’t want you to watch this show, and I think it’s going to backfire.”

Your move, Burnett. Your move.

The X Factor season two premieres Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. on Fox.

(E! and NBC are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)

Source: E Online!

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM
:spit:

BTW, now I realize The Voice is gonna start another new season within this year?:facepalm:

KournikovaFan91
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Demi Lovato as judge gives the X Factor ZERO credibility tbh.

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah I don't know why Simon picked her.:o Maybe they need someone who can sing and there is no other choices besides her.:haha: The show would have no singer as judges and it'll flop too if someone mentions it.:oh:

Nicolás89
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
“I’m just glad we’re on Simon’s mind.”

:oh:

Drake1980
Sep 9th, 2012, 07:51 PM

:spit:

Pops Maellard
Sep 9th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Looking for friendly competition? Keep on moving!

The rivalry between The X Factor and The Voice is heating up after Simon Cowell blasted the NBC reality show for moving to Wednesday nights, the same timeslot as his Fox hit, telling TMZ that the two shows had a “gentlemen’s agreement” not to air on the same night. He also calls NBC out for now pitting Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera‘s fanbases against each other, saying, “Britney’s not going to appreciate the fact that Christina—who has been a bit of a rival—isn’t allowing Britney to have a night of her own.”

Of course, The Voice‘s executive producer Mark Burnett wasn’t going to take these insults lying down.

Burnett fired back at Cowell’s claims to TMZ, saying, “There was never ever a meeting or a discussion of what my show was up against. The fact is…it shows you where our minds are at and where others are because it literally never crossed my mind.”

He then added, “This is someone trying to read into something that doesn’t exist,” before delivering this jab: “I’m just glad we’re on Simon’s mind.” Consider the gauntlet thrown!

Still, it doesn’t end there as Cowell and new judge Demi Lovato talked with reporters today about the new reality TV feud, with Lovato saying “I think the whole situation is a little unfair” of NBC’s scheduling move.

“I’ve seen the first show and I think it’s sensational,” Cowell says of The X Factor‘s season two premiere. “The girls do a great job, the contestants are great, the show looks different to anything else we’ve ever made before. I think this is the reason why NBC decided to put The Voice against us; it’s a spoiling tactic. It’s very simple: They don’t want people to see this first episode. I think it’s mean-spirited and I hope and I pray that it backfires on them because this is one of the best shows we’ve ever made. I am pissed off about it…you have to rely that the viewers will make the right selection.”

Cowell also criticizes The Voice‘s decision to increase the numberof episodes aired each week, saying, “I think three nights in a row is too much. I think there’s a lot of interest rightly so in our show because of Britney, Demi, the way the show is going to look. We’re going to see what happens, but I’ve learned don’t make any predictions.” When asked what he thought of the comments Aguilera reportedly made that questioned what Spears’ could bring to the table as a judge, Cowell says, “Tell her to watch the show. She might learn something.” Ouch!

“Give me a break, like I don’t know when my show’s going out next week,” Cowell says of Burnett’s comment that he didn’t know The Voice would be going up against The X Factor. “Like I said, it’s tactical. It’s very important to get this message out: they don’t want you to watch this show, and I think it’s going to backfire.”

Your move, Burnett. Your move.

The X Factor season two premieres Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. on Fox.

(E! and NBC are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)

Source: E Online!

http://i55.tinypic.com/2hqwmlj.jpg

Because Christina decides when the show is going to air, you money-hungry tool...

skanky~skanketta
Sep 10th, 2012, 02:59 AM
:scratch:

No. BRITNEY as a judge gives it ZERO credibility.

Gina101
Sep 10th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Being honest, Simon got in there first. Any other cra**y show that is about singing, talent, judges and stuff is all just a copy. I don't watch the Voice just becaquse Jessy J annoyes the h*ll out of me, some people may love her, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Despite her being there, I still found it boring, fake and awkward to watch, whats with the weird seats turned around? And what is it with the the crowd only supporting certain judges?
This is a show I have never warmed up to and never will..

M.P
Sep 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM

both gave it 0. but Britney is slightly different

Nicolás89
Sep 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM

Like it or not Britney is an icon for the music industry.

Olórin
Sep 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
The Voice's executive producer is just stupid if he hadn't considered the advantages and disadvantages of going up directly against a rival relaunching US franchise, which in the UK pulls in audiences so huge they would be good on American TV.

Cowell and the fanbase wars. :lol: He knows Mariah is on AI, >>>>>>>.

NashaP
Sep 10th, 2012, 10:05 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9p0wikspH1relc8po1_500.gif

M.S.F
Sep 10th, 2012, 11:45 PM
At the end both of them can't produce a relevant winner.
It's just a waste of time and money by the audience.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9p0wikspH1relc8po1_500.gif

Who is this woman? :lol:

ukneecorn
Sep 11th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Britney will slay Floptina as has been the norm all along. :lol:

Laura_VeeFan
Sep 11th, 2012, 12:12 AM

She's been doing the same since 1999 :haha:

Zhao
Sep 13th, 2012, 11:27 PM
TV Ratings: Soft 'X Factor' premiere loses to 'The Voice' on Wednesday

Fast National ratings (http://www.hitfix.com/categories/ratings) for Wednesday (http://www.hitfix.com/categories/wednesday), September 12, 2012.

Britney Spears is not, in fact, magical.

NBC's last-minute plotting paid dividends on Wednesday as a hastily scheduled hour of bind auditions for "The Voice (http://www.hitfix.com/tv/the-voice)" comfortably trumped FOX's heavily hyped relaunch of "The X Factor (http://www.hitfix.com/tv/the-x-factor)." While "The X Factor" took a big jump in its second hour, allowing FOX to win the night among young viewers, it still struggled to find an overall audience against NBC's "America's Got Talent" and came in well below last fall's premiere.

For the night, FOX averaged a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49, beating NBC's 2.7 rating in the key demographic. [And yes, FOX still beat NBC even in the two hours the networks shared, so no asterisk required.] CBS was a distant third with a 1.5 rating, followed by ABC's 0.9 rating and the 0.3 rating in the key demo for The CW.

Overall, though, NBC finished on top for Wednesday night with a 5.6 rating.9 share and 8.93 million viewers, edging out the 5.2/8 and 8.47 million viewers for FOX. CBS was far back in third with a 4.0/7 and 6.06 million viewers, roughly doubling the 2.1/4 and 3.025 million viewers for ABC. The CW averaged a 0.5/1 and 814,000 viewers for Wednesday primetime.

8 p.m. - The expected 8 p.m. battleground between "The Voice" and "The X Factor" wasn't much of a battle at all. "The Voice" averaged 10.66 million viewers and a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49, down from Tuesday's comparable hour, but still easily in first. FOX's revamped "The X Factor" averaged 7.45 million viewers and a 2.7 key demo rating for second. CBS took third with 6.12 million viewers and a 2.0 key demo rating for "Big Brother." ABC was fourth with 3.36 million viewers and a 0.9 key demo rating for repeats of "The Middle" and "Suburgatory." Finally, enhanced competition knocked The CW's "Oh Sit!" down to 930,000 viewers and a 0.4 key demo rating.

9 p.m. - "America's Got Talent" won the 9 p.m. hour overall for NBC with 11.01 million viewers and finished second with a 2.9 rating among adults 18-49. Without "The Voice," FOX's "X Factor" took a big jump to 9.49 million viewers and a 3.8 key demo rating, roughly three million viewers below last year's "X Factor" launch in a much more competitive landscape that included premieres for "Modern Family" and "Criminal Minds." CBS was a distant third with 5.62 million viewers for a repeat of "Criminal Minds," while ABC's repeats of "Modern Family" averaged 3.21 million viewers and tied CBS with a 1.2 key demo rating. The CW's repeat of "Supernatural" averaged 697,000 viewers and a 0.3 key demo rating.

10 p.m. - CBS finished primetime in first overall with 6.43 million viewers for a "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" repeat, coming in second with a 1.3 key demo rating. NBC's sneak premiere of "Guys with Kids" averaged 6.28 million viewers and a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49, followed by 3.93 million viewers and a 1.4 key demo rating for an encore of "The New Normal." On ABC, a repeat of "Revenge" averaged 2.51 million viewers and a 0.6 key demo rating.

All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change

http://www.hitfix.com/news/tv-ratings-soft-x-factor-premiere-loses-to-the-voice-on-wednesday

Nicolás89
Sep 13th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Nid.

mapaliey
Sep 14th, 2012, 01:26 AM
yes
http://i48.tinypic.com/v7qyk7.gif

silverwhite
Sep 14th, 2012, 01:41 AM
:oh:

She's been doing the same since 1999 :haha:

In terms of commercial success, but that's it :lol:

ukneecorn
Sep 14th, 2012, 01:45 AM
In reality competitions, much like in life, there are battles and then there are wars. :shrug: Floptina won the battle.....

Pops Maellard
Sep 14th, 2012, 12:47 PM

:lol:.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ezqr75.gif