PDA

View Full Version : Best New Tv show of the season? What are you looking forward to?

TZVETI83
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM
2012 - 2013 TV Season!!!!:devil:

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP01568271/last-resort-4.jpg

The show is about the renegade crew of a United States Navy Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine, the fictional USS Colorado (SSBN-753), that defies an order to launch nuclear missiles towards Pakistan, a decision that costs the commanding officer his job when he refuses to follow out the orders without an explanation or official confirmation. When his second in command also questions the same orders, the vessel is fired upon without warning and the crew are left for dead. Realizing that they have been declared enemies of their own country, they set up camp on the fictional island of Sainte Marina, and declare themselves a sovereign nation with nuclear capability. At the same time, the crew must find a way to prove their innocence and find out who set them up so that they can return home to America. Starring Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Autumn Reeser.

http://beginningandend.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/666-Park-Avenue-Cast-Illuminati-Antichrist-Symbolism.jpg

At the ominous address of 666 Park Avenue, anything you desire can be yours. Everyone has needs, desires and ambition. For the residents of The Drake, these will all be met, courtesy of the building’s mysterious owner, Gavin Doran (Terry O’Quinn). But every Faustian contract comes with a price. When Jane Van Veen (Rachael Taylor) and Henry Martin (Dave Annable), an idealistic young couple from the Midwest, are offered the opportunity to manage the historic building, they not only fall prey to the machinations of Doran and his mysterious wife, Olivia (Vanessa Williams), but unwittingly begin to experience the shadowy, supernatural forces within the building that imprison and endanger the lives of the residents inside.

http://wkrn.images.worldnow.com/images/18839763_BG2.jpg

The series stars Connie Britton as Rayna James, a legendary country music superstar, whose star begins fading. Her producers offer her a joint tour with the up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy future of country music. But both singers are pursuing their goals. Juliette wants to take the place of Rayna. Rayna thinks that a few songs written by talented author Scarlett O'Connor (Clare Bowen) will help to revive her success. Rayna's father is Lamar Hampton (Powers Boothe), a powerful politician in Nashville, who forced her to marry Teddy Conrad (Eric Close), who lives on her money.

http://lasvegasblog.harrahs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/vegas_show.jpg

Set in 1960s Las Vegas, the series centers on Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Quaid), and his dealings with Chicago mobster Vincent Savino (Chiklis), who moved west to set up his own operation. Lamb was a former rancher who served as Sheriff of Clark County from 1961 to 1979.

http://static-media.fox.com/img/Fox.com/17/859/fox_upfronts_2012_following_needledrop_640x360_176 66910.jpg

The series follows an FBI agent who finds himself in the middle of a network of serial killers, when a diabolical serial killer uses special technology to create them. Starring Kevin Bacon, Maggie Grace, James Purefoy.

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/assets_c/2012/03/green-arrow-cw-thumb-640x426-2589.jpg

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, and best friend Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While Oliver hides the truth about the man he’s become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his former girlfriend, Laurel Lance. As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and careless philanderer he used to be – flanked by his devoted chauffeur/bodyguard, John Diggle – while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under cover of darkness. However, Laurel’s father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest the vigilante operating in his city. Meanwhile, Oliver’s own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on – and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine.

http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/the-new-normal-utah-new-home__oPt.jpg

Bryan (Andrew Rannells) and David (Justin Bartha) are a happy Los Angeles couple, with successful respective careers. The only thing missing in their relationship is a baby. They meet Goldie (Georgia King), a single Midwestern mother and waitress, who has moved to L.A. with her eight-year-old daughter Shania (Bebe Wood). Jane (Ellen Barkin), Goldie's grandmother, follows her family to the city against her grandaughter's wishes. Goldie decides to become Bryan and David's surrogate, which includes her family.

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/the-mindy-project-cast-photo_497x331.jpg

The series follows a single physician (played by Kaling) with a unique persona as she tries to navigate her way through her personal and professional life.

http://aparoo.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/revolution-nbc-2.jpg

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic future. Fifteen years earlier, an unknown phenomenon disabled all advanced technology on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines, jet engines, and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without technology, and due to the collapse of public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess an item that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude various enemy groups who want to possess that power for themselves. Starring Billy Burke, Giancarlo Esposito and Elizabeth Mitchell.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-503ffd98/turbine/zap-fall-tv-2012-must-see-new-shows-link-004/600

Others such as Partners, Go On, Elementary, Animal Practice, Beauty and the Beast, Save me, Infamous, Ben and Kate, Chicago Fire, Emily Owens, M.D. , Guys With Kids, Made in Jersey, Malibu Country, The Mob Doctor, The Neighbors, The Carrie Diaries, Family Tools, How to live with your Parents, Mistresses, Red Widow, Zero Hour, Cult, 1600 PENN, Do No Harm, Next Caller, etc.

What are you going to watch?

TZVETI83
Sep 9th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I guess nobody else is excited about the new TV season LOL

I am going for Last Resort

kCY9bJvjd20

Also 666 Park Ave, Arrow

Revolution and the New Normal I have already watched, Revolution needs some work but has promise, New Normal best new comedy of the season IMO.

here are some more trailers

666 Park Ave
BEUSk1SyHvc

The New Normal
nJfBZxUlzhY

Revolution
nHa3nK5_3Us

Arrow
xaq6S_Hcwn4

Vegas
79MogGXqMwQ

Mindy Project
j0atkuby1SY

The Following
f8H4ewQzKFM

Nashville
76fS5Kg0TXQ

Infamous
di2DKQTT13s

eck
Sep 9th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Revolution looks pretty interesting.

Julian.
Sep 9th, 2012, 08:20 AM
666 Park Avenue (just because of Brothers & Sisters :sobbing:)
Revolution (hopefully it doesn't follow Terra Nova's fate :tape:)

eck
Sep 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
You forgot "Elementary" though. Thought the pilot was ok

TZVETI83
Sep 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
You forgot "Elementary" though. Thought the pilot was ok

Yeah put it in Others category as I only had 10 choices and just find it while ok to be a rip off of the vastly superior Sherlock, the other choices just seemed more original and appealing but I could see the show having some success, the actors are quite good, although the lead is really trying to take DR House's place now that he is gone, to the point where he comes of as annoying.

TZVETI83
Sep 9th, 2012, 09:39 AM
6YvuZ4Msh50

eck
Sep 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Just watched The New Normal.

Nene and Nana are golden.

Pops Maellard
Sep 9th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I quite like post-apocalyptic stories, so Revolution looks interesting to me :). As for existing series',

ShQz68Zkb3Y

Can't wait!

borrowedheaven
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:20 PM
666 Park Avenue and the Arrow look interesting.

Mattographer
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:32 PM
666 Park Avenue just because of Rachael Taylor :hearts:

I'll check Revolution if it's any good. I love Elizabeth Mitchell :hearts: She seriously needs stop doing sci-fi series :lol:

KournikovaFan91
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Normally I'm so on top of all the new shows, not this year :sobbing: I'll have to check out all those trailers.

GoofyDuck
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:44 PM
curious about 666 Avenue because of Vanessa Williams

But I'll usually wait for series to be rated to see whats good :p

Tripp
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:29 PM
The plot line for Revolution seems pretty good. The rest, I don't know, they sound like things that have been done before.

pierce85
Sep 9th, 2012, 07:11 PM
666 Park Avenue and the Following seem the most interesting, New Normal looks like a good comedy too. The Revolution seems by far the least interesting/most boring as the premise has been done a thousand times and the trailer is mediocre

TZVETI83
Sep 9th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Critics seem to love Last Resort so far so I am looking forward to seeing the pilot, I have also heard that 666 Park Ave and Nashville are all very good. Vegas gets a bit of both, mostly critics say it has very good acting but a somewhat bland story. Revolution gets praise but most people are a bit hesitant in the direction it will go, the Pilot showed promise but it was nowhere near amazing. Elementary is just unoriginal and played out but I liked Lucy in the pilot. Arrow is getting a lot of early praise and that has been a surprise. The Following is also getting critics support and the premise looks interesting, I will give it a chance.

So far worst Drama of the season might go to Beauty and the Beast, about an outcast who looks like a model but is treated as on outcast because he has a tiny scar on his cheek.

Or Cult which is the worst idea for a show in some times.

Most of the sitcoms of this season seem to be horrible apart from The New Normal, Mindy Project and Ben and Kate.

Neighbors, Animal Practice or Men with kids are probably the worst concepts I have ever seen for a show. Just bad!!!!

Hashim.
Sep 9th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Neighbours really has one of the worst ideas ever. I went into a 2 minute shock watching the trailer. I mean seriously what were they thinking?:o

Looking forward to Arrow and The Following. I have a feeling Revolution is going to start sucking after 2-3 episodes. Same goes for Last Resort.

P.S: Looking forward to The Goodwin Games(Big Becki Newton fan:p) and How to live with your parents next year.

WonderfulLee
Sep 10th, 2012, 12:20 AM
just watching The New Normal.

Ellen Barkin :worship:

Ryan
Sep 10th, 2012, 01:46 AM
I think The Mindy Project looks pretty hilarious.

wild.river
Sep 10th, 2012, 02:07 AM
last resort, mindy project, and revolution.

i'm pretty excited about revolution because the premise is so cool. but i'm worried it'll end up like flashfoward :o

edificio
Sep 10th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Most of these shows I won't watch, but I'll see what Lucy Liu can do. :lol:

Pump-it-UP
Sep 10th, 2012, 05:30 AM
666 Park Ave, The Following, Revolution, and Elementary. I dont have high hopes for the latter two to be successful but I think I'll like them anyway. :o

Andy_
Sep 10th, 2012, 06:53 AM
I've loved the pilot for "The new normal", it was sweet and fun yet it also managed to get an interesting message across. It remains to be seen whether it can maintain that kind of quality or Mr. Murphy will manage to ruin it as he has done with other shows of his :tape:

Julian.
Sep 11th, 2012, 02:20 AM
OMG such a packed blockbuster Sunday night for me this season!

0GxBtjLCeu0

My 2 favorite shows + a new show I wanna watch (Once Upon a Time, Revenge & 666 Park Avenue) on the same night every week back to back on ABC :sobbing:

wild.river
Sep 11th, 2012, 02:21 AM
My 2 favorite shows + a new show I wanna watch (Once Upon a Time, Revenge & 666 Park Avenue) on the same night every week back to back :sobbing:

care to add dexter, the good wife, and homeland to that? :p

Julian.
Sep 11th, 2012, 02:26 AM
care to add dexter, the good wife, and homeland to that? :p

:sobbing:

$uricate
Sep 11th, 2012, 09:57 AM
http://aparoo.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/revolution-nbc-2.jpg

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic future. Fifteen years earlier, an unknown phenomenon disabled all advanced technology on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines, jet engines, and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without technology, and due to the collapse of public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess an item that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude various enemy groups who want to possess that power for themselves. Starring Billy Burke, Giancarlo Esposito and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Wow!

This one.

It just seems so familiar to me for some reason.

We had a show like this, but it turned out to just be a livefeed from one of our busiest town centres :rolleyes:

Mary Cherry.
Sep 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM
The only one I've seen so far is The New Normal. I love it :sobbing: Maybe that's just because it's Ryan Murphy and he gave Leslie Grossman a short but spectacular cameo in the pilot but I still love it :sobbing:

TZVETI83
Sep 11th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Go on I did not like at all, Mindy was just OK but I like the actress and Ben and Kate was a huge miss for me. The New Normal is the best new comedy.

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 11th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I'm looking forward the most to 666 Park Avenue, Nashville and The New Normal. << The scenes with Ellen Barkin and NeNe Leakes look hilarious :happy:

eck
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I couldn't bring myself to finish Ben and Kate and Guys with Kids. :tape:

TZVETI83
Sep 13th, 2012, 07:26 AM
watched Last resort, you can watch online now, its absolutely the best pilot I have watched in quite some time, just keeps you interested all the way through.

I think 666 Park, Nashville and Last Resort will all be hits for ABC!!!! Best dramas of the season on ABC!

Julian.
Sep 13th, 2012, 07:55 AM
57SLGErGaFg

F-R-E-A-K
Sep 16th, 2012, 04:59 AM
I'm really enjoying The New Normal :hearts: :hearts: I've watched the first two episodes and find it hilarious. :lol: :D

Also interested in watching 666 Park Ave, Revolution & Last Resort. :(

I miss GCB :sad: :lol: :tape:

KarlyM*
Sep 17th, 2012, 03:32 AM
666 Park Ave and Vegas looks the most interesting, but I'm not excited about them. We'll see...

Julian.
Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:13 AM
I love The New Normal :lol: I love Justin Bartha :hearts:

Revolution looks promising for me based on the pilot.

Super Dave
Sep 26th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I didn't like The Mindy Project at all last night. Very disappointed. Her character is supposed to be a mess; I get it, but she goes too far and isn't likable at all. The wedding scene at the beginning was too long and even more cringeworthy than intended. And the ending when she invited that guy over to F him was :facepalm:

skanky~skanketta
Sep 26th, 2012, 05:59 PM
The New Normal was surprisingly good. The serious bits were actually really serious and it did keep a lighthearted tone at the same time. Impressive.

wild.river
Sep 27th, 2012, 02:07 AM
the mindy project was hilarious!
i got worried during the wedding toast that i'd cringe a lot, but i didn't. it was laugh out loud funny.

Dan_Doe
Sep 27th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I watched Last Resort a few days ago and I dunno' about it's future, but the pilot is just amazing. Great ideas, great effects, great actors, full of action and yet very clever.
The pilot will air today in US, I recommend it to you :yeah:

Revolution also looks interesting, I think I'm gonna' watch it.