PDA

View Full Version : Predict score lines if women played men

IceSkaTennisFan
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:45 AM
This is inspired by the Serena thread. Predict this years slam finals if the women were playing the men (best of 3 sets). It's not supposed to make that much sense :drool: Bring back oldies like Graf and Henin or even Henin-Hardenne...

Australian Open
Federer def. Serena 6-0 6-1

Roland Garros
Nadal def. Sharapova 6-1 6-0

Wimbledon
Serena def. Djokovic 6-4 7-5

US Open
Berdych def. Azarenka 6-2 6-1

young_gunner913
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Serena would make Federer cry at the Australian Open worse than Nadal made him cry.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HuNSkVxzNoY/TjPN7VBybBI/AAAAAAAAApY/_cu8e5bVWWQ/s1600/Roger+Federer+Crying+pic_4_.jpg

producer88
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:48 AM
I think most of the men would demolish the women, but Serena might win a few games, even steal a set on grass, but she will lose as well.

ziros
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:51 AM
You're on drugs if you think Serena would beat Djokovic at Wimbledon

Australian Open
Federer 6-2,6-3

Roland Garros
Nadal 6-1,6-1

Wimbledon
Djokovic 6-3,6-4

US Open
Berdych 6-0,6-1

kenjai7373
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:54 AM
no contest. even the scrubs will beat the top women players.

Macomere
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Maria would be hard pressed to win POINTS, let alone games against Nadal on clay :spit:

Mana
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:58 AM
This is inspired by the Serena thread. Predict this years slam finals if the women were playing the men (best of 3 sets). It's not supposed to make that much sense :drool: Bring back oldies like Graf and Henin or even Henin-Hardenne...

Australian Open

Roland Garros

Wimbledon

US Open
Berdych def. Azarenka 6-2 6-1

I like Serena, and I have huge respect for her. But, you are delusional. :spit:

IceSkaTennisFan
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:00 AM
no contest. even the scrubs will beat the top women players.

You're probably right. It's still nice to dream one of them would win :p

Wiggly
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Serena would've the most chances and would respond the best with the men spin.

She could really match up well with someone like Simon.

IceSkaTennisFan
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Serena had troubles in the past against pusher types like Wozniacki, so that could be tricky since he would have a bigger ground game.

Shivank17
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Sharapova def. Simon 6-0 6-0.

bobito
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:06 AM
If the any of the top men played any of the top women then it is unlikely that they would lose a single game.

Shivank17
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:09 AM
If the any of the top men played any of the top women then it is unlikely that they would lose a single game.

Not against Rena! She can serve 4 aces in a game :p

Smoke944
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Serena would've the most chances and would respond the best with the men spin.

She could really match up well with someone like Simon.

Good one. Only points she could win against him would be unreturned first serves.

Cajka
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:13 AM

They could lose few games to Serena on grass, but on the hardcourts where Novak can kill Delpo's serve... :shrug: And in rallies it would be almost impossible to hit a winner against Ferrer, let alone Nadal. It's not about pace or tennis skills solely, the guys are simply too fast.

producer88
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:39 AM

Serena on grass can win a few games, hence

Mq8tJqkAasY

bobito
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Serena on grass can win a few games, hence

Mq8tJqkAasY

Acing Radwanska four times in one game is not the same thing as acing one of the top men. They are, after all, used to facing far better serves than hers.

producer88
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Acing Radwanska four times in one game is not the same thing as acing one of the top men. They are, after all, used to facing far better serves than hers.

She already ace Novak twice, who's considered the best male returner, and:

7ap62qw6mrc

Serena could win a few games on serve alone

BTW ESPN Sports Science must find her serve extremely special to break it down by scientific analysis.

MATTER OF FACT, someone should post this on men's tennis forum, because this would easily prove why Serena would beat Male players ranked below the Top 500 (especially on grass)

Thirty All
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Serena would definitely beat Nole on Grass. She can deal with his spin, and she has so much power. And her mental strength would pull her through. She would also be able to expose Nole's footwork.

Morning Morgan
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:55 AM
I think Serena can get 2 or even 3 games if she's having a hell of a serving day. But if she's playing Federer, his ability to chip back serves and neutralize it would probably doom Serena. Basically if the rally goes beyond 3 shots, one can safely assume she'll lose the point against the men more than 80% of the time.

Sam L
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Serena would definitely beat Nole on Grass. She can deal with his spin, and she has so much power. And her mental strength would pull her through. She would also be able to expose Nole's footword.
I think so too. There are certain players like Nadal who are untouchable on certain surfaces like clay but Serena can definitely beat Djokovic at Wimbledon. She can definitely stand a good chance against others on hard courts also.

ziros
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I think so too. There are certain players like Nadal who are untouchable on certain surfaces like clay but Serena can definitely beat Djokovic at Wimbledon. She can definitely stand a good chance against others on hard courts also.
Her chances of beating Djokovic anywhere are 0%. Not 1%,not 2% - 0%.

égalité
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Serena Williams vs. Mariano Puerta on (2012 Olympics) grass? :spit: It would probably be competitive.

death at anyone thinking Serena could beat WIMBLEDON CHAMPION Novak Djokovic on grass. It would be something like 6-1 6-1 6-2.

freefallball
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Serena will never beat the top 50 male players. Simply because the ladies run slower than the men. Serena will have trouble running down a man's return because the balls on average go faster than Azarenka's ball. Since balls in the men tour go faster, it means that the men will be able to chip back Serena's 'winners'.

bobito
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Serena Williams has an actor friend who used to play in the juniors. Occasionally they play each other and HE WINS. This is not a top pro or even a former pro, just a guy who played in the juniors some years ago. The notion that she could beat Novak Djokovic is laughable. It would very likely be 6-0 6-0.

sweetadri06
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Serena could win some games but not the match against men. Her serve is as much about placement as it is about speed. She would probably get the most games against Novak. lol

producer88
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Serena Williams has an actor friend who used to play in the juniors. Occasionally they play each other and HE WINS. This is not a top pro or even a former pro, just a guy who played in the juniors some years ago. The notion that she could beat Novak Djokovic is laughable. It would very likely be 6-0 6-0.

I understand Serena would be demolished by most top male players, but she will not get get a bagel. Sorry but that serve will win her a game or 2 on grass. Did you not watch the scientific breakdown of her serve? It's not only about power, it's about placement, and the fact her opponent have to guess where she's going.

Serena will lose 6-1 6-2 6-1 that's a scoreline I expect against Novak.

Johnbert
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Wtf? Are there really people who believe Silliams could beat Djokovic at Wimbledon?! :spit: :haha: Every scrub would beat her without problems in straight sets. Women beating Djokovic... :haha:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VerticalSports.Com App

keithb1961
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Wtf? Are there really people who believe Silliams could beat Djokovic at Wimbledon?! :spit: :haha: Every scrub would beat her without problems in straight sets. Women beating Djokovic... :haha:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VerticalSports.Com App

Anyone who watched Del Potro get dismantled by Djokovic are delusional thinking Serena could even win a game....No offense to Serena......

SerenaSiren
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:32 AM

playing for what??? burger?? well i guess she wouldn't mind serving well at least
and remember she already beat andy :smash: serena on grass can atleast make the game and
scoreline much more competitive...I've already seen her aced novak twice with only 105mph
serve speed so it only proves that her technique and placement is impeccable :smash:

darrinbaker00
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Australian Open
Djokovic d. Azarenka in two Golden Sets

Roland Garros
Nadal d. Sharapova in two Golden Sets

Wimbledon
Federer d. Serena in two Golden Sets

Olympics
Murray d. Serena in two Golden Sets

US Open
Djokovic d. Serena in two Golden Sets

supermod
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Serena winning a match or even a set against a Top100 player is highly unlikely. Some people are dilusional.

binky-GOAT
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Some here really need a brain. The only way Serena can win a game is if the male player makes a few unforced errors and gifts it.

Israel
Sep 8th, 2012, 08:11 AM
You're all so delusional. Serena's fastest shots from the baseline are mid-pace for the men... She might win a game here and then because of UEs of the men or some good serves.

GSMPrzysiezny
Sep 8th, 2012, 08:18 AM
From USTA website:

Q. Recently, I was in an argument with my neighbor because he said the tennis balls for women's matches at the US Open were actually lighter and smaller. He said that it was to help "speed" the play of the ball and the matches. Is this true? - I have watched many professional matches and I have never heard that.

A. I am not sure that I would categorize the balls as being lighter or smaller, but your neighbor is generally correct. The women use regular duty felt balls while the men play with extra-duty felt during the US Open. If his facts are a little off, at least his reasoning is accurate. This selection was designed to increase the ball speed in women’s game and to slow down the velocity of the balls in the men’s game.

So imagine if Serena and a man played with the same ball on exactly the same terms.

Also:
people claiming Serena would beat Djokovic on grass :spit: Djokovic is far from being a natural grass court player, but he's ground WITHOUT ANY SINGLE HOLE game on 21st century Wimbledon green clay is enough for him to reach semis there at will. Serena would be double bageled even on grass, he's one of the best returners in history and she simply wouldn't hit through him and outlast him in rallies.

Also:
people laughing at Simon. His "pushing" is far different from "pushing" on WTA. He can hit hard if there's need for that.
Imagine ANY WTA player keeping up with Nadal's topspin forehand in a rally and then hitting this:

be6eMF7pkEo

you also do not score wins over Federer (twice), Nadal, Djokovic, Soderling and Tsonga IN ONE SINGLE SEASON if you're as shit a player as this forum wants him to be.

Sam L
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Australian Open
Djokovic d. Azarenka in two Golden Sets

Roland Garros
Nadal d. Sharapova in two Golden Sets

Wimbledon
Federer d. Serena in two Golden Sets

Olympics
Murray d. Serena in two Golden Sets

US Open
Djokovic d. Serena in two Golden Sets

You are delusional. Nadal wouldn't even one Golden Set Sharapova. And that would be most lopsided match. Who do you think these men are, Chris Evert? They will make unforced errors. :lol:

Cosmic Voices
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I think lindsey davenport would win a few games tbh?
She's the del Potro of the wta :shrug:

But everyone else would be eaten alive, even your champion oldrena

AVB
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Anyone who watched Del Potro get dismantled by Djokovic are delusional thinking Serena could even win a game....No offense to Serena......
This. And Del Potro would destroy Serena as well, like any ATP player in top 100.

Start da Game
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM
i am speaking strictly by facts,

1. djokovic already surrendered to serena just 3 days ago, so he's not beating her......if he can't beat her, surely murray and others are not beating her either......

2. as for federer, he never lost to superior talents but always lost to those who succeeded in getting under his skin and overpowered him with their will......and we know what serena is in the mental department......so even he's beatable......

so once again the pride of men's tennis will come down to nadal......he will somehow take care of serena and save men's tennis......

serena beats everyone to enter the final and then gets beaten by simply a bigger and better fighter than her......

conclusion: nadal def. serena 6-4, 6-4

Tennis Fool
Sep 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Well, if she played some mental midgets in a Slam final:

Hmmm. Gasquet, Tomic, Coria come to mind.

Level55
Sep 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM
The people who said Rena could beat Nole are joking.... I hope! Or people who just don't like him and are kidding themselves :D

Nadal on clay would thrash all the women, but he's not that special on grass or HC. I'm not saying he would lose to Rena, but it wouldn't be quite as one sided.

I'm pretty sure some of the women could beat some of the men, particularly Serena. But going against Djoker on HC, Nadal on clay and Roger on Grass? As great as Serena is, she wouldn't have a chance at all.

Ballbasher
Sep 8th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I hope everybody who claims Serena could win a game against an ATP Top100 player is joking.

aloeball
Sep 8th, 2012, 11:30 AM
AO Final:

Serena def Federer : 7-6 (5) 7-6 (5) 7-6 (5)
Serena wins by taking the full 20 seconds between points and serving all aces in her games. She fails to win a single point from Federer but he double faults at 5-5 in each set, by choking, and loses.

FO Final:
Sharapova def. Nadal : 0-6 0-6 0-5 (ret.)
Sharapova fails to win a single point from this pusher. She feels flattered he plays like that against her. Sharapova has strategically gathered a mound of clay before the change of ends. She them drop shots and Nadal runs forward, trips on the mound and retires.

Wimbledon:
Venus Williams def. Roger Federer 7-6 (5) 7-6 (5) 7-6 (5)
(See AO Final) Got the same tactic off little sis.

USO:
Rodionova def. Novak Djokovic 6-0 6-0 6-0
Rodionova known for her inconsiderate temper, she aims all of her shots and they hit Novak directly into his body, thus winning all the points. The mens tour is a joke.

thegreendestiny
Sep 8th, 2012, 11:47 AM
In all honesty, GOATrena would only be a threat at boy's junior slams. :shrug:

That's how big the difference in men's and women's tennis is.

Fighterpova
Sep 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM
People claiming Serena would beat Novak on grass :spit:

Serena, Vika and Masha would get double bageled by all Top 50 ATP players and they wouldn't even have to play great to double bagel them.

Dodoboy.
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:00 PM
What sort of idiot would think Serena couldn't win a game on grass? Are you retarded? All she needs is 3/4 good first serves. You're delusional if you don't think her serve would be effective against male returners. Murray the best returner on tour had trouble with Stosur's serve at times during the Olympics. Robson aced Hewitt and several other good returners.

Golden sets? :weirdo:

Olórin
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:02 PM
You're all so delusional. Serena's fastest shots from the baseline are mid-pace for the men... She might win a game here and then because of UEs of the men or some good serves.[/B]

That's just wrong. Even in Vika and Sharapova's match yesterday Sharapova's groundstrokes were averaging close to 80 mph. Men rarely average higher than 90 mph. There's not that big a disparity. The difference is the men hit with more topspin, much heavier balls. But Serena hits with quite a lot of topspin too.

What sort of idiot would think Serena couldn't win a game on grass? Are you retarded? All she needs is 3/4 good first serves. You're delusional if you don't think her serve would be effective against male returners. Murray the best returner on tour had trouble with Stosur's serve at times during the Olympics. Robson aced Hewitt and several other good returners.

Exactly :lol: Nonsense from self-acclaimed tennis experts like Darrinbaker.

Galsen
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM

:haha: :hug: tell them.

Sam L
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Well said. People underestimate women so much. It's sad.

Galsen
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM

That's when I regret that Serena didn't play mixed at the Olympics. Her returning Murray's serve would have been life :lol: and her own damn serve.

Renalicious
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM
AO: Azarenka def. Djokovic 6-0 6-0 6-0

FO: Sharapova def. Nadal 6-0 6-0 6-0

W: Serena def. Federer 6-0 6-0 6-0

USO: Serena and Azarenka def. Djokovic and Murray in Doubles 6-0 6-0 6-0

:speakles:

ivanban
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Serena would definitely beat Nole on Grass. She can deal with his spin, and she has so much power. And her mental strength would pull her through. She would also be able to expose Nole's footwork.

:haha: OMFG, I would like to have what you're having :lol: Gurl....:lmao: Expose Nole's footwork?!? :rolls:

Wait, wait......it's coming.....:haha: :lol: :rolls:

How old are you guyz, 12?! :help: Get a grip, no woman, Serena or Maria or anyone else would take more than 1-2 games against any top male player :spit:

Petronius
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM

This. I saw a TV show with Kvitova and Berdych and Petra said clearly that she would not be able to return ANY of Tomas's serves.
And although she might serve an ace or two, I doubt she would win any of her service games.

égalité
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM
The men certainly wouldn't be getting golden sets against the top women. Kerber didn't even score any golden sets when she played Brie Whitehead. :lol: Games might be tough to come by, however.

edificio
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:01 PM
This thread is pointless.

NoChokes
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:21 PM
There may not be golden sets, but it would certainly be closer to golden sets than it would one of the women actually winning a set.

A 6-1 set for Serena against Djokovic would be a success in my mind.

Fuzzylogic
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:00 PM

You accuse people of underestimating women so much and then come up with this:

:lol: With all due respect you're delusional if you think Serena could beat Djokovic on grass, except maybe through retirement. I wouldn't even pick Serena to beat Nadal on a indoor HC and that's his worst surface

And people are forgetting this:

From USTA website:

Q. Recently, I was in an argument with my neighbor because he said the tennis balls for women's matches at the US Open were actually lighter and smaller. He said that it was to help "speed" the play of the ball and the matches. Is this true? - I have watched many professional matches and I have never heard that.

A. I am not sure that I would categorize the balls as being lighter or smaller, but your neighbor is generally correct. The women use regular duty felt balls while the men play with extra-duty felt during the US Open. If his facts are a little off, at least his reasoning is accurate. This selection was designed to increase the ball speed in women’s game and to slow down the velocity of the balls in the men’s game.

So imagine if Serena and a man played with the same ball on exactly the same terms.

Which balls will they be using for these matches?

nfl46
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Serena would be DESTROYED by nearly all the men in the Top 100! She'll be lucky if she gets one game. 0-0 if she played the Top 5. They hit WAY too hard for her.

And lmao @ Serena beating Novak at Wimbledon! Are you serious?!?! Serena couldn't beat him if she tried! You guys are delusional if she think a WTA player can beat a ATP player. Most of the men in college can be the Top WTA players.

ivanban
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I guess only someone who never played/watched live tennis could claim that anyone top WTA player could beat any top ATP player

Thirty All
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:16 PM
If college level men can beat the top players in the WTA, why don't they just become transgender like Renee (?) and get millions and twenty grand slams? You're all delusional!

égalité
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:19 PM
If college level men can beat the top players in the WTA, why don't they just become transgender like Renee (?) and get millions and twenty grand slams? You're all delusional!

Asking "why don't they just become transgender?" and then having the audacity to call other people delusional.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/condescending/grand/condescending-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-305.gif

Madoka
Sep 8th, 2012, 08:34 PM
guys, when juniors male play matches agains top 10 women, normally they win 6-1 6-1.

indianabones
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Any one who thinks that a top 10 women's player could even make a top 500 men's player sweat clearly is seeing things which the rest of us aren't

It's beyond laughable that there are some people who think likes of Nole, Fed or Nole would lose even a game against Serena.

Even if they did play, I don't think the men would want to try to and win, they'd probably treat it like a match they would play with some school kids or celebrities.

KournikovaFan91
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
A big serving woman could win a game or two, but thats it I reckon.

rnwerner
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM
The only interesting match-up would be a male player between 300 and 700 against Serena Williams on grass.
If you take a male player who has not much experience on grass, it's even better.

That would be interesting. And probably tight.

But to have interesting results, you have to take 3 players of those ranking to play Serena. Because there are differences in day form, match up and other things.

blackandblue
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:44 PM
That's just wrong. Even in Vika and Sharapova's match yesterday Sharapova's groundstrokes were averaging close to 80 mph. Men rarely average higher than 90 mph. There's not that big a disparity. The difference is the men hit with more topspin, much heavier balls. But Serena hits with quite a lot of topspin too.

Exactly :lol: Nonsense from self-acclaimed tennis experts like Darrinbaker.

Not that big a disparity? 10 mph is the difference between Usain Bolt and a car going down the highway.

These guys have to return serves from the likes of Isner. Serena would not be able to hit 3-4 sevrice winners a game. Come on.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I actually think that Serena might end up winning against Novak on grass if they faced each other there:shrug:.

hobahobaspirit
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:18 PM
People here need to watch matches from the ATP Challenger Tour. Those guys ranked 150-250 have a MUCH BETTER court coverage than any WTA player and a lot of them can serve just as well as Serena. And let's not talk about the power and the spin ...

In conclusion : no woman would be able to win more than 4-5 games in a Challenger-level match.

Edit : Stop it with this non-sense of Serena beating the number 2 player in the world and former Wimbledon champion grass :rolleyes: I'm a Djokovic-hater, but the guy has to deal with the likes of Isner, Raonic, Karlovic, Roddick (when he still had a serve), etc. What makes you think he won't be able to return Serena's serve ? Djokovic is such a good mover and a good defensive player, he's not Azarenka or Sharapova :rolleyes: He'll bring a lot of balls back with INTEREST and DEPTH, he'll frustrate Serena and she'll turn in a UE-machine.

Correspond
Sep 9th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Well, Serena would be going in with 'nothing to lose' lol so she might be able to get a couple of games ;]

Roookie
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Grass: Lordrena def Maria 6-0 6-1 :angel:

terjw
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:43 AM
The only women vs men matches that have a hope in hell of actually happening are going to be like exhibitions. If the men slam winners played the women slam winners - the women would win some games, ace the men occasionally, maybe win a set, simply because it would be taken as a fun thing. It would never be taken as a deadly serious match by either party.

Soliloque
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:55 AM
I so wish that most of the posts in this thread are jokes. But I'm actually depressed knowing they are not.

ptkten
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:56 AM
I actually think that Serena might end up winning against Novak on grass if they faced each other there:shrug:.

:spit: This has nothing to do with sexism or putting down women or anything but Serena would struggle to win a game or two against Djokovic or really any player in the top 50 on any surface. The athleticism of the men is just on a different level. Even players with a more defensive style like a Simon would win easily because they would have absolutely no problem with Serena or any other female player's pace. The heaviness of the ball on the ATP tour is at a different level. Just as an example, pit the number one guys singles player against the number one women's singles player at your college and see what happens.

Sund7101
Sep 9th, 2012, 02:16 AM
guys, when juniors male play matches agains top 10 women, normally they win 6-1 6-1.

Any one who thinks that a top 10 women's player could even make a top 500 men's player sweat clearly is seeing things which the rest of us aren't

It's beyond laughable that there are some people who think likes of Nole, Fed or Nole would lose even a game against Serena.

Even if they did play, I don't think the men would want to try to and win, they'd probably treat it like a match they would play with some school kids or celebrities.

This. A Top 10 DIII men's college player would beat Top 10 women professional players let alone DI men players, which would not even be close. I love women's tennis, but for those of you who think that Serena could beat Djokovic. :help: Maybe in cards...

égalité
Sep 9th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Serena's GOAT women's serve is an average-to-good men's serve. Djokovic returns such serves with ease.

TheLegendof
Sep 9th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Fun thread -- but I don't really get it. Women and men are different with regards to sports mainly because of the strength disparity. And in many sports, women lag behind a great deal in technique as well, simply because the tradition and competition are not as strong (not as many women playing and not for nearly as long). Nothing wrong with it, doesn't take anything away from women. I would still regard a top women's tennis player as better than a top men's player based on my subjective opinion of their respective technique, results, competition faced, etc. even if I knew the man would blast the woman off the court in 38 minutes. Women's sports don't need to be validated by comparing them to men's -- they are in different places and will never be the same.

Hurley
Sep 9th, 2012, 03:43 AM
LOOOOOOL at any moron who thinks Serena would beat last year's Wimbledon Gentlemen's Singles Champion on grass.

Thirty All
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:08 AM
And yet many fail to remember that Serena has beaten Roddick before...I would reckon that Sharapova would easily beat Andy Murray at the AO or USO.

égalité
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:30 AM
And yet many fail to remember that Serena has beaten Roddick before...I would reckon that Sharapova would easily beat Andy Murray at the AO or USO.

Yes this was in an official tour-level ATP match, and he was hitting 140mph serves practically every point, if I recall correctly. :worship:

Thirty All
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:33 AM
In an official tour-level match right? :lol: I'm sure he was serving 140mph the whole time.

And I'm sure Roddick serves 140 mph the whole time in any Tour level match he plays. :wavey:

égalité
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Yes and if only Andy Murray could do the same, he might stand a chance against Sharapova on hard courts.

tennisbear7
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Yes and if only Andy Murray could do the same, he might stand a chance against Sharapova on hard courts.

:spit: Sharapova, beat Murray on hardcourts?

Please excuse me while I drive my head into the wall. :worship::o

égalité
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:32 AM
:spit: Sharapova, beat Murray on hardcourts?

Please excuse me while I drive my head into the wall. :worship::o

Maybe you should read the posts of the person I was responding to and you'll pick up on the sarcasm :D

tennisbear7
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Maybe you should read the posts of the person I was responding to and you'll pick up on the sarcasm :D

Sorry, I misquoted! I got the sarcasm, just pressed the wrong quote button. :o

Maybe it's a sign of brain damage I incurred by reading that Sharapova could beat Murray on hard courts. :tape:

égalité
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Haha it's fine. Obviously that poster meant "clay" and "Nadal," not "hard court" and "Murray." Sharapova is the greatest clay courter of all time.

tennisbear7
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Haha it's fine. Obviously that poster meant "clay" and "Nadal," not "hard court" and "Murray." Sharapova is the greatest clay courter of all time.

:hysteric:

VeeJJ
Sep 9th, 2012, 06:13 AM
TBH, I want stats for all this. I'm sure there are some out there. What's the average speed of men's groundies, serves? Those stats exist somewhere for both tours I'm sure, they would really help us.

Expat
Sep 9th, 2012, 06:47 AM
andy roddick would beat justine henin at her prime on clay with the loss of 1 or 2 games. thats how big the difference is.

IceSkaTennisFan
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM
andy roddick would beat justine henin at her prime on clay with the loss of 1 or 2 games. thats how big the difference is.

I don't buy that one.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Apparently Kvitova's average groundstroke speed at 2011 Wimbledon rivalled Robin Soderling or something :oh:.

So maybe she could steal 6 or so games in a best of 3 set match against an ATP player on grass if she serve EXTREMELY well (like, barely missed a first serve).

Meelis
Sep 9th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Apparently Kvitova's average groundstroke speed at 2011 Wimbledon rivalled Robin Soderling or something :oh:.

So maybe she could steal 6 or so games in a best of 3 set match against an ATP player on grass if she serve EXTREMELY well (like, barely missed a first serve).

Kvitova herself said that she no longer plays tennis matches against Adam, cause he was getting way too strong. And that was last year.

NashaMasha
Sep 9th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Serena Williams - Sam Querry Madrid blueclay 7-6 6-7 7-6

Djokovic , Federer , Nadal and Murray are too good to compete with women , even those women in shorts who are playing in ATP now

Petronius
Sep 9th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Kvitova herself said that she no longer plays tennis matches against Adam, cause he was getting way too strong. And that was last year.

Yup. Just after her Wimbledon victory last year Petra said "I can't beat him."

And his current ATP ranking is just No. 546, which is actually much higher than he was ranked last year (I think he was not even in the TOP 1,000)

Galsen
Sep 9th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Grass: Lordrena def Maria 6-0 6-1 :angel:

Next.

Johnbert
Sep 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM
some atp-mug vs. serena williams 6-0 6-0

guys, seriously. difference between men and women is enormous. but that's in every kind of sports. fastet 100m women in the world wouldn't even qualify for the men's semifinal etc. pp.

you just can't compare women to men in sports.

NashaMasha
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM
some atp-mug vs. serena williams 6-0 6-0

guys, seriously. difference between men and women is enormous. but that's in every kind of sports. fastet 100m women in the world wouldn't even qualify for the men's semifinal etc. pp.

you just can't compare women to men in sports.

Karsten Braasch's best ATP ranking was 38 , but the score was 6-1 6-2 on Rebound Ace, and Serena wasn't such an ace-master as now

so 6-0 6-0 vs mug on grass is delusional

fastet 100m women in the world wouldn't even qualify for the men's semifinal etc. pp.
she woudn't qualify for 1/128 of the Jamaica national championships either , in tennis the gap is not that wide

rnwerner
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM
To see the women train and play with their hitting partners is also a good indicator.
Nearly all hitting partners easily serve with more kick than every women's player.
The only real kick serve on the women's tour are from Sam and Serena.

But on the men's side, everybody can serve with kick easily. That's one of dozens of differences. Just as an example.

Petronius
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Djokovic would probably beat Serena 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, although he would probably lose a few points. But those would be spread over the match and would not allow Serena to win a single game.

JMHO

erschloy214
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Serena could definitely beat Donald Young at any Grand Slam :-)

Hurley
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:01 PM
And yet many fail to remember that Serena has beaten Roddick before.

Ohhhhhhh you're a previously banned poster and troll. Okay now we're all on the same page. Never mind!

Soliloque
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Karsten Braasch's best ATP ranking was 38 , but the score was 6-1 6-2 on Rebound Ace, and Serena wasn't such an ace-master as now

Braasch admitted that he didn't try his best and was not serving at 100%.

Galsen
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Some people in here :facepalm: If you think Serena can win against a man, you need help. If you think Serena CANNOT win a game ON GRASS with her SERVE, you need help.

markdelaney
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Serena's serve would get her some points and maybe a game or two but the rest would all be 6-0 sets.

roguedandelion
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:31 PM
That's when I regret that Serena didn't play mixed at the Olympics. Her returning Murray's serve would have been life :lol: and her own damn serve.

:confused: Murray can serve into the 130's regularly. And handled Raonic's and Ivo's serves in the 140's with relative ease. ...

Raiden
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:34 PM

Australian Open

Roland Garros

Wimbledon

US Open
Berdych def. Azarenka 6-2 6-1http://obbop.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/hillary-point-and-laugh.jpg?w=350&h=378

Slutiana
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:37 PM
People are so delusional. :tape:

The only type of player peak Serverena and Peaknus would be capable of pushing to tight sets (only on grass) are the Karlovic-type all serve mugs who are dreadful returners and struggle against even worse ATP servers. But she'd never win a set because she wouldn't be able to return his serve. :lol:

DokDi
Sep 9th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Some of the posts in here. :facepalm:

People thinking Serena can beat Djokovic on grass made me crack up. :hysteric:

Cajka
Sep 9th, 2012, 06:21 PM
To see the women train and play with their hitting partners is also a good indicator.
Nearly all hitting partners easily serve with more kick than every women's player.
The only real kick serve on the women's tour are from Sam and Serena.

But on the men's side, everybody can serve with kick easily. That's one of dozens of differences. Just as an example.

That's why the serve speed is not that relevant. Serena can kill almost every women's second serve that's around 90 mps, but she wouldn't be able to kill men's second serves so easily even if they're not any faster.

Galsen
Sep 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
:confused: Murray can serve into the 130's regularly. And handled Raonic's and Ivo's serves in the 140's with relative ease. ...

Murray's 2nd serve.

NashaMasha
Sep 9th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Braasch admitted that he didn't try his best and was not serving at 100%.

he also admitted that tried to play in the way, women players do not face in WTA tour, using more spin etc, also took advantage of the fact that he was returning back those ball which must have been clear winners in WTA and his opponents were just not ready for it.. Williamses just didn't have enough practice vs men's game.
What is more he admitted that Williamses were not playing their 100% either , taking this match more like fun

Anyway , now everyone considers that Braasch was №203, but it is as true as for instance call Dima Tursunov №144 or Venus Williams №134 when she was beating №3 in Miami

Player who reached №38 in ATP is not a mug , and definitely much more talented than any player whose top ranking in the career was 200

bobito
Sep 9th, 2012, 07:51 PM

And yet you fail to remember that this was when Roddick was 10 years old and very small for his age.

Dodoboy.
Sep 9th, 2012, 08:00 PM
These guys have to return serves from the likes of Isner. Serena would not be able to hit 3-4 sevrice winners a game. Come on.

PLEASE read a little more carefully, I don't have time for idiots. I didn't suggest that Serena could do that every game against the men, I said she could have ONE good service game at the very least and win a game.

n1_and_uh_noone
Sep 9th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Any ATP player thrashes any WTA player 6-0, 6-0 (another 6-0 just for good measure and to make it to the 1/2 hr mark).

You think tennis is just about playing your game in a vaccuum? Put a good returner with no mental blocks on court and Serena will no longer hit 24 aces a match.

pierce85
Sep 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Any ATP player thrashes any WTA player 6-0, 6-0 (another 6-0 just for good measure and to make it to the 1/2 hr mark).

You think tennis is just about playing your game in a vaccuum? Put a good returner with no mental blocks on court and Serena will no longer hit 24 aces a match.

Exactly, a woman would lose 6-0,6-0 I can't believe people are so delusional to claim otherwise

n1_and_uh_noone
Sep 9th, 2012, 08:19 PM
And people are forgetting this:

Which balls will they be using for these matches?

Very interesting, didn't know that. So lets bump down the average groundstroke speed of women then. Radwanska even complained about the balls already being used, despite them being easier to handle (and USO balls are among the smallest and lightest, right?), so that means they would be in agony trying to generate any pace at all, and be destroyed by the topspin anyway. Serves would not clock any higher than 100 MPH, which will be feasted upon by the mugs of the ATP even.

saint2
Sep 9th, 2012, 08:58 PM

Best.Post.Ever

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DrRena
Sep 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=12401541

Scroll down for an interesting post regarding Patty Schnyder.

Patty able to defeat a man in the top 900 in straight sets and some posters do not believe Serena could win games?? :spit:

The only more worrying posts are those proclaiming that Serena could beat Djokovic :tape::help: she'll do well to cope with Azarenka let alone Nole

Anyhow, Women's tennis is far and away more entertaining for me, we do not need to degrade the success of these female athletes by speculating the degree of their defeat when matched with their male counterparts :wavey:

Dodoboy.
Sep 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=12401541

Anyhow, Women's tennis is far and away more entertaining for me, we do not need to degrade the success of these female athletes by speculating the degree of their defeat when matched with their male counterparts :wavey:

Co-sign.

HeninFan_2008
Sep 10th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Guys, can we shut down this joke thread?

hisham70
Sep 10th, 2012, 06:23 AM
My prediction:

Roger Federer - Serena 6-0 6-0

Nadal - Serena 6-0 6-0

Nole - Serena 6-0 6-0

Ken Nishikori - Serena 6-2 6-1

ivanban
Sep 10th, 2012, 10:17 AM
If Ree made 45 UEs against Vika, how many would she make against man?!?!

Oh wait, match would be too short for her to make that much :tears:

Marty-Dom
Sep 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
How about 30 year old Serena vs. 40+ year old ex ATP player like Chang or Becker or Courier? Or even better- Wilander for extra motivation.
That could get interesting.
I remember that Johnny Mac wanted an exo match when Serena and Venus were on top in early 2000's. He still plays WTT. I wonder how he would fare today against Serena in a serious match?