PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win USO12 Final, Victoria Azarenka or Serena Williams?

Julian.
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Who do you WANT to win this title?

Craig.
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:38 AM
The Lord, of course.

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:40 AM
The Lord, of course.

I assume Lord = Serena, then +1.:oh:

Craig.
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:41 AM
I assume Lord = Serena, then yes.:oh:

Yes. :)

NashaMasha
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:43 AM
only Masha and Serena deserve to win Slams, This one is Rena's

StoneRose
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Vika. But it'll be tough.

Roookie
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:58 AM
I think I speak for humanity when I say neither.

Feyd
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Well, Vika is likely to be Maria's rival in next few years, so I don't want her to get close to Maria in slam count. Serena is far far away in slam count, so it doesn't really matter if she wins.

Temperenka
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Vika of course :)

Serena is another favorite of mine though, so I'll be perfectly happy with her winning too.

Just hoping Vika doesn't embarrass herself too much :lol:

Jimmie48
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Vika of course.

But even if I wouldn't like her I would want any of Serena's opponents to win because this dominance does nothing good for tennis.

young_gunner913
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Julian, I know you HAVE to be the person to make these threads, but someone beat you to the punch. http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=22169270#post22169270

Julian.
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Julian, I know you HAVE to be the person to make these threads, but someone beat you to the punch. http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=22169270#post22169270

Read the title again, Matt :sobbing:

It's not asking for the same thing.

SELVEN
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Can they both lose? :confused:

Matt01
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Queen Victoria.

young_gunner913
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Read the title again, Matt :sobbing:

It's not asking for the same thing.

Julian, it's the same exact thread. :lol: Anyone who isn't a Vika or Serena fan is voting for who they WANT to win. Are you really this dull? :lol:

Julian.
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Julian, it's the same exact thread. :lol: Anyone who isn't a Vika or Serena fan is voting for who they WANT to win. Are you really this dull? :lol:

Well, I'm not a fan for either of them and I voted for Serena here.

young_gunner913
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Well, I'm not a fan for either of them and I voted for Serena here.

Lies. :rolleyes: How can you hate your fave's lover? :p

miffedmax
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Darth Vika.

Brad[le]y.
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Vika of course.

But even if I wouldn't like her I would want any of Serena's opponents to win because this dominance does nothing good for tennis.

So it was a bad thing back in the 90s when Graf and Seles won nearly every major title or back in the 80s when almost every major final was Evert vs. Navratilova?

Julian.
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Lies. :rolleyes: How can you hate your fave's lover? :p

I don't hate her :angel:

serenaforever
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:23 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JauED94-kMY/TPSiQkkC7oI/AAAAAAAAAKU/LQZ4GKVCYE0/s1600/pbbt+laugh.gif

SilverPersian
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Ehhh. Probably Serena.

TheLegendof
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:25 AM
I ordered a Serena smackdown and she had better make good.

hERi
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:42 AM
I'm sick of seeing Serena win the title..God will help Vika stopping her domination

LoveFifteen
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:43 AM
I don't just want Serena to win. I want her to snatch Vika's wig so hard, she breaks her neck. :hearts:

hERi
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:45 AM
So it was a bad thing back in the 90s when Graf and Seles won nearly every major title or back in the 80s when almost every major final was Evert vs. Navratilova?

The point is the domination will not be good in sport and the entertainment as well..

Cajka
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Serena. I might be a lousy WTA fan, but I don't even want it to be competitive. :sobbing:

ziros
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Strangely Serena. I've never been a fan,but I don't want Azarenka to be a 2x grand slam champ,not yet. It took Sharapova 2 years to win a 2nd,hopefully it takes Azarenka at least that long...

thrust
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:02 AM

I am not so sure about Maria, in that she has 4 slams and Serena has 14 Venus and Justine have 7 and Hingis has 5. No doubt Serena is the best player today, however, I do not think it is good for the game when One player dominates as much as Serena does. The same was true when Graf, Evert and Navratilova did. Federer had little great competition from 03-07. Since then Nadal and Novak has made the Men's game very interesting. It would be better for Women's tennis if Vika could win this USO. IF she serves well, she has a chance. If not, forget about it! The best recent tennis era in women's tennis was 2000-2007.

thrust
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Strangely Serena. I've never been a fan,but I don't want Azarenka to be a 2x grand slam champ,not yet. It took Sharapova 2 years to win a 2nd,hopefully it takes Azarenka at least that long...

PATHETIC!

T-rex
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:12 AM
I really like Vika. But a Serena win is much better for the sport.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I would be over the moon crazy if Vika played the match of her life to beat Serena, because that's what it will take.
But on a more realistic sense, I hope it's a good match and competitive and Vika doesn't embarrass herself. She's a good enough player to make this match decent. This is by far Serena's match to lose.

Kunal
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:40 AM
serena

stromatolite
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I like Serena better than Vika, and of course she's the better player, but I voted for Vika. I think it would be good for the tour if she won. I even think she has a chance, albeit small

BlueTrees
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Serena :hearts: Although if Azarenka won I wouldn't mind

Yashal
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Vika, Serena has already 3USO and nothing to prove.
But it's just a hope, actually all I wish it's that it won't be a beatdown in the Olympic style :tape:

Golan
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:58 AM

First time I agree with NashaPasha, +1 :yeah:

Jajaloo
Sep 8th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Azarenkova!

She's beaten GODrena in Miami before, and she's a much better player now. I'm hoping she can pull a Stosur and come through in two tight sets. I'd settle for 3.

doomsday
Sep 8th, 2012, 08:04 AM

Vika just need to improve that serve (it probably won't happen) but other than that, her game on HC is great and she is definitely due to win some majors on the surface.

Golan
Sep 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Serena Will-win-slams ;)

Archer16
Sep 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Umm, no.
And the polls results show it, the WWW one is way more one-sided.

producer88
Sep 8th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Azarenkova!

She's beaten GODrena in Miami before, and she's a much better player now. I'm hoping she can pull a Stosur and come through in two tight sets. I'd settle for 3.

Lmaooo Serena's one and only lost to Vika

oh yeah i guess
Sep 8th, 2012, 08:50 AM

I would think Vika winning is better although an unlikely event.

RVD
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I am not so sure about Maria, in that she has 4 slams and Serena has 14 Venus and Justine have 7 and Hingis has 5. No doubt Serena is the best player today, however, I do not think it is good for the game when One player dominates as much as Serena does. The same was true when Graf, Evert and Navratilova did. Federer had little great competition from 03-07. Since then Nadal and Novak has made the Men's game very interesting. It would be better for Women's tennis if Vika could win this USO. IF she serves well, she has a chance. If not, forget about it! The best recent tennis era in women's tennis was 2000-2007.What you just posted is counter to, and darn near sacrilegious, to sports everywhere.
To infer that a player who has set a new bar and wins frequently is somehow... "not good for the game?!"

So essentially, you prefer the WTA to stagnate.
If that's the case, you can't, by even the smallest margin, claim to be a Tennis fan.

My goodness!
What is WRONG with people on this board?!

Archer16
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:33 AM
What you just posted is counter to, and darn near sacrilegious, to sports everywhere.
To infer that a player who has set a new bar and wins frequently is somehow... "not good for the game?!"

So essentially, you prefer the WTA to stagnate.
If that's the case, you can't, by even the smallest margin, claim to be a Tennis fan.

My goodness!
What is WRONG with people on this board?!
Nothing is wrong with what he said (although Evert and Nav, having each other, wasn't the best example).
Sports is not about one player (or team) winning all the time, it's about great rivalries.
ATP became much more exciting when Nadal and then Djokovic (and to a lesser extent Murray) came to the fore and started challenging Fed.
Few would disagree that the WTA was indeed in better shape up to 2007 than from then on.

bobcat
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:34 AM
It's better for the sport if Serena beats Vika easily, TBH. Having a great player at the top forces the other players to improve their games. Vika's serve is pathetic and she won't have the motivation to improve it if she can still beat everyone as it is now. I see a lot of top players with unfulfilled potential and they need somebody like Serena to show them what a truly great player looks like in order to give them a reality check and a good swift kick in the rear.

oh yeah i guess
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM
No I'm pretty sure Azarenka knows that she needs to improve her serve seeing as she's already lost to Serena three times this year ...

Natural Joe
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:54 AM
It's better for the sport if Serena beats Vika easily, TBH. Having a great player at the top forces the other players to improve their games. Vika's serve is pathetic and she won't have the motivation to improve it if she can still beat everyone as it is now. I see a lot of top players with unfulfilled potential and they need somebody like Serena to show them what a truly great player looks like in order to give them a reality check and a good swift kick in the rear.

I'm pretty sure Vika's not a person who is unmotivated when it comes to improving her game, even if she wins.

Anyhow, I want Vika to win the final of course. :cool:

Sombrerero loco
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM
i´ll be cheering for vika azarenka against serena, of course
i really hope she won this tournament in front of serena´s crowd =D

eDonkey
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:14 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/167/116/tumblr_lahlyxjUPa1qa13ow.gif
It hurts how self-deluded can some people be.Everyone who can score 7 wins in a row is a deserved slam winner.

Not a fan of hers, but I suppose I prefer Azarenka just for the sake of her no.1 ranking.

flareon
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Serena please :)

tejmeglekvár
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I don't just want Serena to win. I want her to snatch Vika's wig so hard, she breaks her neck. :hearts:

please, Lord. :angel:

Matt01
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM

:weirdo:

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Serena of course. She needs to add to the real legend's resume against another player.

miffedmax
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Vika must feed off the hate of the crowd to connect to her Sith powers and use the Dark Side of the Force. It is her only chance.

FreeSchool72
Sep 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Want Serena to win for legacy purposes but if Vika plays out of her mind and wins I would be happy as well.....These two are my favorite players in the WTA right now...So #Win/Win......Serena will win though #Bookit

Stonerpova
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Serena.

RVD
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Nothing is wrong with what he said (although Evert and Nav, having each other, wasn't the best example).
Sports is not about one player (or team) winning all the time, it's about great rivalries.
ATP became much more exciting when Nadal and then Djokovic (and to a lesser extent Murray) came to the fore and started challenging Fed.
Few would disagree that the WTA was indeed in better shape up to 2007 than from then on.Sorry, but there is no debate here.
Take a deep breath and re-read what I posted.

Any sport will grow and evolve when a single player rises above and raises the bar.

What you and the other poster fail to realize is that this has been the case throughout human history.

It doesn't matter a freak'n itch if a "rivalry" exists or not.
One player will ALWAYS rise above the others and prompt their constituents to do the same.

Currently, Serena has surpassed every rivalry she's faced, and is progressing even further.
NOW, we are at a stage in the WTA when the rest have to meet that challenge.

Capisci?

ICHUSE2
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM

lmao:lol:

Archer16
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Sorry, but there is no debate here.

Any sport will grow and evolve when a single player rises above and raises the bar.

What you and the other poster fail to realize is that this has been the case throughout human history.

One player will ALWAYS rise above the others and prompt their constituents to do the same.

Currently, Serena has surpassed every rivalry she's faced, and is progressing even further.

Capisci?
Another poster who thinks his opinions are hard facts (sigh) :facepalm:
As for the highlighted sentence, all I can say is :bs: especially when we're talking about an individual sport like tennis.
Of course I can give many other examples from other sports as well disproving the notion that a great athlete against a sub-par field is good for the sport.

FoxyliciousKhat
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I always want Venus or Serena to win if either are in the final against anyone not named Williams.

However, this is a tough one for me.

I want Serena to win, this just because of what has happened the last two times she's played.

...But I want Vika to get that second slam so badly.

I just hope for a great match and they both leaving it all on the court.

Foxy

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Sorry, but there is no debate here.

Capisci?

as usual, Well stated.

In fact, I will go as far as to say that rivalries don't necessarily increase the interest in a sport at all, but extraordinary teams and/or individuals do.

rivalries are great for fans, but rivalries, in and of themselves, aren't necessarily special or extraordinary. However, when a player or team distinguishes themselves well beyond the ordinary and shows themselves to be once in a generation special, then people who wouldn't normally have tuned in do so because ithey want to see something they may never see again in their lifetime, thus expanding the Fanbase.

RVD
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Another poster who thinks his opinions are hard facts (sigh) :facepalm:
As for the highlighted sentence, all I can say is :bs: especially when we're talking about an individual sport like tennis.
Of course I can give many other examples from other sports as well disproving the notion that a great athlete against a sub-par field is good for the sport.Is that the best you can do?

Where is your counter argument disproving my post?
When a poster relies on :facepalm: and :bs: smileys, everyone knows that you've lost the argument.

What I posted has nothing to do with "opinion".
It's already a proven fact that "individuals" become standouts and promote progression. Whether it be a sport or a field of study.as usual, Well stated.

In fact, I will go as far as to say that rivalries don't necessarily increase the interest in a sport at all, but extraordinary teams and/or individuals do.

rivalries are great for fans, but rivalries, in and of themselves, aren't necessarily special or extraordinary. However, when a player or team distinguishes themselves well beyond the ordinary and shows themselves to be once in a generation special, then people who wouldn't normally have tuned in do so because ithey want to see something they may never see again in their lifetime, thus expanding the Fanbase.Absolutely!

To believe that "rivalries" is all that promotes the progression of anything humans do, is a narrow-minded view at best.
Rivalries are fine and all, but humans always desire something or someone extra-ordinary.
And when someone fills that void, another follows suit.

This is common sense stuff here.

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Pizzarenka at least will take some bagels and breadsticks home... :spit:

cn ireland
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Serena Williams

friendsita
Sep 9th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I want/think Serena will win.

T-rex
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:30 AM

One of the great myths of sports is that parity leads to popularity. That is 100% factually wrong. Stars lead to popularity. Dominance grows the sport. Dynasty's attract more fans.

Serena winning tomorrow is by far, the best outcome for the sport.