PDA

View Full Version : Who has the worst serve in top 10 (2012)

NashaMasha
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:57 AM
your opinion

Blu€
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:58 AM
:lol: is this a rethorical question?

NashaMasha
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:00 AM
:lol: is this a rethorical question?

rethorical question will be "who has the best"

Blu€
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:04 AM
rethorical question will be "who has the best"

So whose serve is worse than Errani's? No one is even close.

NashaMasha
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:12 AM
So whose serve is worse than Errani's? No one is even close.

we don't speak about the speed only , Errani has a very high 1st serve % In , and her 1st serve is faster and less predictable than second serves of her opponents...

Sometimes it's better to have 90 mph serve with 90% "In" than 102 mph only 55% in

moreover choice in the pall is multiple ,

Sund7101
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Errani and Kerber have two of the worst serves I have ever seen for Top 10 players. I would take Elena Dementieva's over either of their serves any day of the week.

young_gunner913
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:15 AM
we don't speak about the speed only , Errani has a very high 1st serve % In , and her 1st serve is faster and less predictable than second serves of her opponents...

Sometimes it's better to have 90 mph serve with 90% "In" than 102 mph only 55% in

moreover choice in the pall is multiple ,

Just because you get a high first serve % doesn't mean your serve is good. I could hit 100% of my first serves in if I do it underhand, does that mean it's good? No. :lol:

NashaMasha
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Wozniacki is so irrelevant, that nobody is sure is her serve good or not

Brad[le]y.
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Serena Williams obviously :spit:

NashaMasha
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Just because you get a high first serve % doesn't mean your serve is good. I could hit 100% of my first serves in if I do it underhand, does that mean it's good? No. :lol:

she has won 3 games playing vs Serena and saved 6 BP using this % of 1st serve:) much more than will win and save Azarenka in the Final

Blu€
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:21 AM

Ditto, I mean didn't Errani have today like 88% 1st serve? With that stat the other top 10 players would have certainly won more games even a set.

young_gunner913
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:23 AM
she has won 3 games playing vs Serena and saved 6 BP using this % of 1st serve:) much more than will win and save Azarenka in the Final

You're an idiot. :facepalm:

Excelscior
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Errani and Kerber have two of the worst serves I have ever seen for Top 10 players. I would take Elena Dementieva's over either of their serves any day of the week.

Agreed.

And their top 10 status is not sustainable long term if this (and/or other aspects of their game doesn't improve).

Excelscior
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Wozniacki is so irrelevant, that nobody is sure is her serve good or not

Funny! :lol:

I'm going to vote for Kerber, cause Errani's only 5'3", and Aga's 5'6" and slight.

Kerber is a tall enough, chunky girl, who should really have no excuse for such a Kindergarten first and even worst second serve.

You already addressed Wozniaki. :lol:

Nicolás89
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Angie's or Sara's.

Feyd
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Azarenka and Sharapova's serves are definitely not the worst serves, but they are the most disappointing considering their height.

jrm
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:35 AM
better question: who's serve isn't bad?

jrm
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:35 AM
considering the power in shots, Kerber really has poor serve

Charlatan
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Azarenka and Sharapova's serves are definitely not the worst serves, but they are the most disappointing considering their height.

This!

Though pre-surgery pova used to have some of the best and most reliable serves

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 8th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Definately Sara Errani. Of course the fact that she has had all the success she has had despite the liabilities of pretty weak serve is reflective of just how good the rest of her game is. There are several players in the top 10 who wouldn't be in the top ten if they had their own serves replaced by those of Sara Errani.

Sombrerero loco
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:10 AM
easily errani

Patrick345
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM
The serving stats from top 12 players, last match they played:

Serve stats:

Bartoli 2nd serve average 97 mph (quarterfinal)
Sharapova 2nd serve average 94 mph (semifinal)
Ivanovic 2nd serve average 91 mph (quarterfinal)
Kvitova 2nd serve average 89 mph (last 16)
Na Li 2nd serve average 88 mph (3rd round)
Serena 2nd serve average 85 mph (semifinal)
Stosur 2nd serve average 85 mph (quarterfinal)
Azarenka 2nd serve average 84 pmh (semifinal)
Errani 1st serve average 82 mph (semifinal)
Kerber 2ndserve average 77 mph (last 16)
Wozniacki 2nd serve average 75 mph (1st round)
Radwanska 2nd serve average 74 mph (last 16)
Errani 2nd serve average 67 mph (semifinal)

Only three top players have a lower 2nd serve average than Errani´s 1st serve average. But their 1st serve average is more than 10 mph faster on average. Let´s be honest Errani´s serve also has no other purpose, but to start the point.

coolfish1103
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Is this thread made before Monday so Wozniacki can be on the list?

Lilowannabe
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Of course its errani, but isnt she getting a rough deal!?! the womans 5'3' i doubt her serve could ever be a weapon!! More dissapointing are Kerber and Azarenka, these women have the physique and technique to have great serves but they just simply use it as a way to start the point!!

nevetssllim
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:34 AM

So what? Camille Pin once had the highest serve percentage on the tour for the year. There's a reason their respective first serve percentages are so high!